Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Rip Progoge Trend. Guinny progoge Trend. Ah, poor guy. Uh he gone to quote a baseball announcer. I think we'd say it after somebody struck out. Anyways, Uh, I am Jack and I'm thrilled to be joined by super producer Brian Jeffery.
Speaker 2: Everybody, it's unmy Yeah, I'm never on Mike, but you know any port in a storm.
Speaker 1: You're also like always adding commentary in the in the chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I like to work behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, well we'll close our eyes, so so you're still technically behind the scenes. We do have some sad news out of Russia. You have Guinny Pregoson was listed as a passenger on a plane which crashed with no survivors. Russian aviation authorities say, oh, what a shame. It does feel like though the trustworthy outlets like The Guardian and such are couching it in a lot of like listed on a plane which crashed with no survivors. Aviation authority says, so I.
Speaker 2: Don't found a bag of his teeth somehow in the rubble and.
Speaker 1: One finger, Yes, and it had a sign attached to it that said four finger printing.
Speaker 2: The Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there's something almost admirable about the shamelessness with which Putin kills his opponents. Not quite admirable, but like approaching it, it's just.
Speaker 2: Like how you admire Frank Black and King of New York or something like that, where it's like, wow, he's just really like he's just really on his grind.
Speaker 1: There's a fourth rightness to it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's like a secret.
Speaker 2: But he wants everybody to know that he was involved, basically, yeah. Every time.
Speaker 1: It's also giving Epstein vibes in the sense of like we were all like, well, that guy's gonna die pretty soon, right, like, yeah, there's no way this guy survives.
Speaker 2: No, you can't get caught this summer and then still be walking around.
Speaker 1: I think it was also towards the end of the summer when that happened. It's like August is a bad month for anybody who is under arrest and marked for death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not long for this world with when powerful people are mad at you, Yeah, especially for trying to cool them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you got you can't.
Speaker 2: I just I remember specifically that Putin is very very not into that. It rubs him. He's like weird thing.
Speaker 1: He has this weird thing where he's like, really, he doesn't like it if a hockey player doesn't allow him to score on them. And he also hates it when you try and poo him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those two things.
Speaker 1: Makes him so mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyways, uh a fond farewell. You know, we've all we've all been there. We've all thought that we could coop Russia, coup Putin, but harder than it looks.
Speaker 2: Folks like to see you try a bit a de to the queue.
Speaker 1: The queue all right, and good news, uh, India's mission to land a craft, the Victram Lander from chandre On three on the south pole of the moon was a success.
Speaker 2: Ye brother, Hell yeah brother, we on the moon as hell boy.
Speaker 1: I'm just proud of my friends in the This is the Rock announcing this on Twitter. I'm just proud of my friends the Indian space program. Hell yeah, brother, the is that real?
Speaker 2: Is the rock? Really? No?
Speaker 1: But just he he always is like somehow attached.
Speaker 2: To anytime any people who are brown do anything, he always chimes in, yaues. He's just that fluid.
Speaker 1: Or and by do anything have their head shot off by Seal Team six is also another example of that. Oh yeah, I just forgot about that. Just proud to be an American today, Brother, Holy.
Speaker 2: Shit, I totally forgot about that.
Speaker 1: This is a historic and I like the wording on this is a story because only the US, China, and the former Soviet Union have achieved a soft landing on the Moon until now. So it's like a is that to distinguish it from like people who have just like crashed, just like fired people at the Moon and had them just like crash crash into it like the rocket in that old timey movie.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a small chunk of my afternoon is looking up. Failed landings on the Moon.
Speaker 1: Were hard landings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hard because I mean, hey, you only hear about the successes, right, Yeah, those are the ones, I guess sticks in people's memory, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or stick in the moon's eye. Russia. Russia definitely like when you look back at some of the lesser known stories of their like how they made their space program possible was move fast, a lot of the same things. Yeah, move fast and don't give a fuck about people's bodies.
Speaker 2: They were the first people to send a woman to space and not for like any sort of good reasons. Let me just put it like that.
Speaker 1: There's some like Grizzly Man style audio of people who Russia just like fired into space without really a clear plan of how they were going to get them down, and those people like burning up, yeah, and re entry.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I've heard the tape. It's pretty he's cursing them all the way.
Speaker 1: Down voices of death. But anyways, let's not talk about right, you know. Of course this comes just days after Russia totally shit the bed in their attempt. But we're not here to talk about Russia. We're here to talk about India. The rover that they sent will poke around looking for water based ice and examine the physical characteristics of the surface of the Moon. But the water based ice, it's just funny too. It's funny to me to imagine that, like the thing that determines who will rule the Moon is like who gets there first. It's like a race, Yeah, because that that's the thing they you know, Dibbs.
Speaker 2: In the past decided, hey, we shouldn't probably shouldn't allow governments to have military installations on the Moon. So there's treaties for that but as far as like you know, depleting the Moon of all of its resources and possibly sending large chunks of it flying at us like a Roland Emerick movie, that's all fair game. Yeah, so I can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no military installations, but mining towns, mining installations which historically.
Speaker 2: Have to never had any like mishaps or accidents.
Speaker 1: Now I think I think we're good here. India is about to like rule the world for the I feel like the next you know, they're just demographically, they're that they're in a very good position as other populations around the world age. They have that good dependency ratio. When a big chunk of the population is moving through their working years, that is good for the economy. And like so that when there was the US like baby Boomer generation moving from like eighteen to sixty five, America was at its peak of economic performance. It was doing great. They of course wanted to believe it was because they were like so smart and shit, But like now that they're hitting retirement and have hit retirement, things are falling off. And China similarly, yeah, child rule, Yeah, the one child rule put them in an amazing position for you know, eighteen years but now they have this massive population, like working age population that is all entering the part where they become This is why it's called the dependency ratio is because it's you know, people who can't work so under the age of you know, fourteen, and over the age of like sixty five or you know, seventy, they become a drain on the economy and therefore, like the so you want more working age people. China had that to a high degree for a while, and now they're entering the phase where they're going to not have that. The United States entering it, you know, not quite as bad as China entering a bad phase, but not quite as bad, just definitely not as good as it had been for them during the Baby Boom era. And India, I feel like, is demographers are like they're really set up well for the future. So I don't know, people don't like reporting this because it takes away like the special of like the US having had economic success. They're like, no, that was our personality and perseverance, and it's like, no, it was just like your numbers and age and that was it.
Speaker 2: And a lot of luck and yeah, and a lot of a lot of unscrupulous activities, yeah, totally. And a lot of immigration.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean that is one of the reasons that the one of the things that saves the US from just aging going off of a demographic cliff is immigration. But of course some people don't want that because they're dumb. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back, and Rudy Giuliani has turned himself in and threatened your children while he's at it. So here a couple of days after claiming in a radio interview that he has scientific evidence quote unquote h that Trump won the twenty twenty election, he has turned himself into authorities in Georgia. But not before.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that white paper.
Speaker 1: I know, right, scientists are saying, folks, they're all says.
Speaker 2: He's gonna put it out on pub med or something like.
Speaker 1: That, medically incontrovertible evidence. But he did spend a lot of time ranting to the press gathered outside the police station by defending his mayoral record. For some reason, he argued, he's still the same Rudy, still the same Rudy Giuliani who made New York City the safest city still in America aka brutalized, unhoused New Yorkers. But we should all be on HI side now. He also claimed that he's fighting for justice and for Trump, who has been proven innocent several times, and then he ended his speech by warning that the justice system has been politicized. Uh, and then looked into the camera and threatened that your rights are in jeopardy and your children's so huh guy, Okay, it seems trustworthy of me. I back him now.
Speaker 2: Look, I love rooting for the little guy. So you no, here's the Rudy.
Speaker 1: Is he short? There are some pictures of him where he like looks very tiny, but I think that might just be like the way that.
Speaker 2: So is his head. He's one of those guys where his head throws me off. Yeah, And I can't tell how tall he is because his head is so fucking big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, yeah, mostly head head. So seemingly Trump doesn't want Rudy to flip because he is hosting a one hundred thousand dollars per plate gala dinner to help pay Giuliani's legal bills, and the invite was written in a very classy cursive writing Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so dare I say, illegible.
Speaker 1: President Donald Trump, you for quin eyewitness in.
Speaker 2: America. Yeah, Rudy Giuliani said something like that, But you need I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you needed classy font to let people know this was going to be a classy event for a guy facing conspiracy charges and a ten million dollars sexual harassment suit. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, it's it's sponsored by McDonald, So there'll be plenty of fl a of fish and coke to go around for these one hundred thousand dollars per plate.
Speaker 1: Gallon one hundred thousand dollars per plate.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, I wonder who do you think is gonna pull up to this?
Speaker 1: That's the thing, Like I have you hear about these sorts of things for like Obama and Hillary, and it kind of makes sense to me because of the degree to which the rich people who want to be friends with them have their head up their own ass.
Speaker 2: But at least you know, you go to one of those, you'll be immolated in a firewall of charm, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, But I don't know about this, like it probably you know various mall moduls, like people who made a lot of money on malls. I feel like, is who I'm like strip malls, subway franchisees.
Speaker 2: Because I'm really because Okay, it's like, if this were just like a Trump dinner, I can sort of envision, you know, like all the lackey's pulling up, but this being for explicitly for Rudy. Yeah, I'm like, who's gonna pull up for this guy? Because you're not just pull You're not pulling up for Trump, You're pulling up for Rudy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very curious to see who actually shows up.
Speaker 1: Well, both the invite and his statement before go turning himself in are mentioning America's mayor. So I think he's just like trying to trying to trade on his good name for just be like, yeah, don't pay attention to any of this. Fifteen years. Think about nine to eleven most most of all, think about nine to eleven. Folks. Hey, speaking of nine to eleven, it's cousin seven eleven has already launched their pumpkin spice flavored products. They launched they launched their spl shit on August first, August. I know they got they want to get ahead of the game, you know, just like they get a two month jump on nine to eleven. All right, I'm gonna stop making the seven eleven nine to eleven comparisons because do they need to be made. I feel like they make themselves. You know, you all, you all can do your own research.
Speaker 2: I'm suppressed eleven didn't change their name, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like if they, if they really cared about this country, they would have. But yeah, they launched their their products back on August first, and yeah, it feels weird that we are launching early and earlier as the earth is getting warmer and warmer, like people just want to sip a like warm autumnal beverage while everything around them melts. Well, actually, you know.
Speaker 2: When you think about it, with all of all of the changes to the climate, autumn might actually start coming a few months early. So you might as well get a lead on that. Get people used to their pumpkin spice lattes.
Speaker 1: And you will start dying soon. Yeah, yeah, get ahead of it. The official reason for the season actually happens tomorrow. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte will be hitting stores Thursday, August twenty fourth. Jesus Christ, this is the twentieth anniversary of the beverage, and Starbucks is introducing a pumpkin chai latte. Akay, an idea that they just took from TikTok where it's like sort of a secret menu hack that people talk about on TikTok. They're just like, yeah, we're doing that. And they'll also be releasing pumpkin spiced cocktails at their little whity tweety Starbucks Reserve locations. The pumpkin spice whiskey barrel aged ice iced latte.
Speaker 2: Now, I am a I am a recluse. I don't know what the Starbucks reserve. What is that? Is that like a bar?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's the top, it's the the top Starbucks. Man.
Speaker 2: So it's been like their flagship Starbucks type store.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's I think it's like their idea. Have you ever heard of like the fancy taco bells that are like sit down restaurants.
Speaker 2: No, not in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're trying to make fancy Starbucks a thing. These are the fancy Starbucks that have like a bar in them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see wow, So they are thoughtfully deconstructed Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, they also have a pumpkin spice espresso martini, but like only one of them has alcohol in it. The pumpkin spice whiskey barrel aged ice latte does not have alcohol in it, so.
Speaker 2: They're just they're just getting the peatiness in there. I guess, so your coffee can taste even more burnt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see exactly. The pumpkin spice espresso martini does contain alcohol, so you can pretend like your James Bond to undercover as a soccer dad. Basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that espresso martinis really taken off. I keep seeing it everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just got to get awake and drunk.
Speaker 2: For America loves wide awake, drunk, wide awake and drunk. Get an espresso martini and a Red Bull and vodka. Yeah, and a buzz ball.
Speaker 1: Like not technically able to drive, but you will be absolutely certain that you are a better driver than you've ever been. Yeah, when you're drunk on these absolutely they should sell buzzballs. I feel like that would be just in the little cooler at the front of the Starbucks.
Speaker 2: I'm like they should really there, it's a gap in the market they could really take over.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well, Brian, it's been such a pleasure having you on. Welcome to the show, where cant Where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you?
Speaker 1: Do you do any of that stuff?
Speaker 2: So I'm not on social media anymore, all right, so you can't find me and don't follow.
Speaker 1: Me, all right? Hey, leave Brian the fuck alone.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Any comments you have for him, you come through me, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any complaints or anything, you send it to Jack O'Brien at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do send it to that, because I hate the motherfucker who got that before me, So just send all your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all your comments jack O'Brien at gmail.
Speaker 1: At gmail dot com. And uh yeah, all right, Well thanks for doing it, and we are back tomorrow with a who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fight