Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of No More Fat Trender Rolls.
Speaker 2: Oh Man.
Speaker 1: That one courtesy of Vanadium Server on the discord. Yes, sure, only arms that look like Christmas hands. I want to see clean shaven, handsome faces. I want to see some of the most beautiful men coming up to me, tears in their.
Speaker 2: Eyes, tears in their eyes. I don't care about biceps. It's all about triceps now, tries for the guys.
Speaker 1: That's right, that over there is mister Miles Gray. Uh, we're, of course referring to Over the weekend end of last week, the bat signal went out for the generals, America's top military brass from around the world to convene in Washington. Location Locations mark Defense Strategy. Yeah, it's the It's like the beginning, right before the inciting incident for like a Gerard Butler movie. You know, all of.
Speaker 2: The most powerful military men in one location.
Speaker 1: What could fucking go wrong? It does seem like that sort of thing that Trump should be aware of, because I do feel like that dude has to love some Gerar Butler.
Speaker 2: I think we're at the point where no, like, not even a sane person who used to be like, sorry, that's actually terrible for operational security, right. I think those people are completely gone. So now it's just like, yeah, great, So where do you want them to stay? Should they should be? Can they should they fly economy? Do they do they stay at the bases? Do we get the.
Speaker 1: Exact Star Force style? We talked yesterday about an idea called engineered incompetence, where a dictatorial leader and authoritarian will put people into positions of power who aren't able to do the job, but are loyal to them, and the idea is that they'll just do whatever you say, because this is they know they don't have the ability to do that where they're over their head. However, that makes it possible for you to just like get them to do whatever you want. We were talking to talking about it in reference to the Comy indictment, because Trump's like Buddy white House aide he made put in a huge position of power to indict James Comy, and the case just like does not look solid at all. This is somebody somebody he met at mar A Lago at a party, I think, and she she's the one who got him on his like fuck the Smithsonian kick And also yeah, and she has like a major prosecutorial position despite the fact that I think before she was an insurance lawyer, never prosecuted. So anyway, the big example of this that I mean, it's easy to lose track of because there's so many things that are ridiculous about this guy, but is Pete hag Seth is just a Fox News talking head who like looks good in a suit essentially, which is as we'll get to, is a major concern for Trump and he is in way over his head. And so he called everybody together. Everyone's like, oh, are they about to declare the Third World War? And what they did instead was have like a very standard like corporate pep rally type deal, get all the managers in here, get all the managers in and introduce some ideas that are going to be unpopular because they're stupid as fuck. But everyone's anyone who's worked at a at a company that has like big all hands kind of things, you've experienced this where they'll be like, man, all right, guys, get in here.
Speaker 2: We got some really cool stuff coming on. And everybody who does the work in the in the call is like, yeah, okay, how exactly, Yes, ok, maybe this works This was basically the military equivalent of Pete Haggs's been like, and we're doing all this shit. That's way different, man. Yeah, and it's just crickets in there.
Speaker 1: Things are about to change around here, and I I got it. It would be so wonderful to just like have a sense of like if there's any video of them practicing this where he's like, because oh, like a rehearsal, you can just tell his idea of how this was going to go was very different from how it actually went. He like, there are built in like applause break type things that are absolute, Like he wishes there were fucking crickets because at least it would break up the They also had like terrible sound equipment and so there's like a buzz and so the silence is like.
Speaker 2: It's just anyone who's heard an ungrounded cable buzzing, that's what you were getting. Yeah, it was really something. I mean, like, I'll just this is a this is a clip to where Haig said is really trying to be like again, this is like a yanky, fash ted talk that he did. And I think what he was maybe watching before for inspiration was maybe patent because he's pacing back and forth gigantic American flag because we know.
Speaker 1: It wasn't Chris Rock's first stand up special, because that would be the other option, the way he's pacing it would be yeah, yeah, but we know he wasn't watching that ship.
Speaker 2: Without Yeah, we're not even a fucking shred of George C. Scott's charisma. But this is like, this was supposed to This was supposed to be like a moment you could tell where he was like kicking this thing off, because the way it sort of framed is like, look, man, the fucking the break is off. You guys do whatever you need to do to start kicking ass out there, all right, and we're done with the woke shit.
Speaker 1: And this is the other thing that's giving patent is the fact that he's backed by like one of the flags that take up an entire football field. Yeah. Yeah, like they just had that behind him. Yeah. A few months ago, I was at the White House when President Trump announced his Liberation Day for America's trade policy. It was a landmark day.
Speaker 2: Today is another libation day, the liberation of America's warriors in name, indeed and inauthorities.
Speaker 1: You kill people and break things for a living. Oh now, this is where you're not politically correct, don't necessarily belong always in polite society, right, silence. This is not an empty room. This is a room full of his his gap people who kill people, the people who answer to him, and they're just sitting there like.
Speaker 2: Dude, what you guys kill people and break shit? You're actually the worst dinner guess a person could ever fucking imagine. All right, you're animals, am I?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Boys?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: How about this one?
Speaker 1: These are general these are career like generals and admirals and like people who have serious careers. And he's like getting up there like he's fucking talking to a frat party or like, I feel like the the speech he saw before this to like get ready was probably Trump's speech to the what was it West Point where he was like speaking to all the yelling him like they apparently like got him drunk beforehand. Because that's fine where you.
Speaker 2: Got a bunch of drunk ass kids and you put the most enthusiastic ones, like you order them to be enthusiastic behind the president.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker is dying up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's bad. And then Trump went so anyway, there's all kinds of shit.
Speaker 1: Dude just went like a lot of the things he was talking about, like that they're this is scary because they're trying to like get the main military leadership on board with invading US city and you know the potentially Yeah, they're hyper aggressive, you know, foreign policy stances. But Trump got off there and was like, damn, damn, son, I've never heard a room were silent.
Speaker 2: I think this is why it's genius that the cables were buzzing, because it really underlines how awkward this whole room is. Grant like remindment just ourmind people. Trump, you know, he's a fucking a draft dodger. So you go and you were dresser. He obviously we know about his disdain for the military. That comes from his like he because he knows that these people look at him and go, bro, you ain't shit. Yeah, so funk what you're saying.
Speaker 1: We know about his disdain for the military. They know about his disdain for the military.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his disdain for fucking people who've been killed in combat. He's just like a generally he's pretty anti military in the sense that he's anti the people in the military. Yeah, so This is him being like, ohh Basically he's like, wella.
Speaker 1: Tough room in here, tough craft.
Speaker 2: You got to hear. He is saying, I've never walked into a room so silent before.
Speaker 3: I've never walked into a room so silent before. This is very Don't laugh, don't lif if you're not allowed to do that, you know what, just have a good time. And if you want to applaud, you applaud. And if you want to do anything you want, you can do anything you want. And if you don't like what I'm saying, you can leave the room. Of course, they goes your rank, there goes to your future.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's uh, that's one way to warm up a crowd. You're like, yeah, you got you guys can laugh, please please please laugh, Please clap. So there's a little bit of Jeb Bush. Please clap. Uh. There's also I'm fucking threatening you if you if you're not on board with this shit, like you you're out, So you better you better get lively real fast, dude.
Speaker 2: Then he just started talking about the Gulf of America like two minutes in. It's just like it's it's rambling. Then he said something about like the bad Democrats out there, a lot of bad people. The Democrats right then just said, well, we want war because we want to have no wars, but you have to be there, and you know, sometimes you have. It's better if I read it, because then you realize how incoherent is because sometimes you have to do it. I'm settled. So I've settled so many wars since we're here. We're here almost nine months and I've settled, and yesterday we might have settled the biggest of them all though I don't know.
Speaker 1: How are they not on their fucking feet from that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, go easy on them. Yeah, And then the N word thing came up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think one of the big headlines coming out of this is, you know, as he's addressing hundreds of US generals and admirals, he complained that there are now two N words and you can't use either of them, referring to nuclear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it.
Speaker 3: Was really a stupid person that works for I mentioned the word nuclear. I moved a submarine or two.
Speaker 4: I won't say about the two what over to the coast of Russia, just to be careful, because we can't let people throw around that word. I call it the N word. There are two ND words, and you can't use either of them.
Speaker 1: Crickets them and you can laugh, guys, just a reminder, you can laugh if it does.
Speaker 3: Get to use.
Speaker 4: We have more than anybody else.
Speaker 2: It's interesting when Trump he's such a like a vibe player, you know what I mean, Like he if the energy in the room is good, he can be animated. If it's not, he fucking it's just he dies.
Speaker 1: He's dying up there. Yeah. Anyways, I think they might be silent because again, these are career military people who you know, understand the consequences probably of you know, bringing up nuclear weapons. And he's like joking about it again, kind of like a Chris Rock special, Like yeah, he's trying to be you know, doing doing N word material. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know, there's a difference. There's black people and then there's nuclear people.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know that famous bid? All right, all right, Christ, Look, I'm not saying OJ didn't do it, but I understand, but I understand it wasn't that any.
Speaker 1: Great special folks. Anyways, Trengineered incompetence, that's the new.
Speaker 2: Title of me maybe, Yeah, a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we're probably seeing matter. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here, because it doesn't doesn't feel like they've got a lot to build on there, you know, like.
Speaker 2: That would have I would have terrified me that if there was raucous applause or even generally applause outside of like the uncomfortable oh god, I'm gonna laugh at my boss's joke type shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So the only times when he threatened to take their take their jobs, if they do exactly essentially.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if them there, but I wonder if they laughed, because they're like, yeah, okay, let's let's yeah, come and try that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But this is like after you know, Pete Hegseth has been on a rampage like firing everybody who he doesn't think is on board. So this is like his you know, these are his guys, at least partially, you know.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of reports. I mean, like I don't I don't think we talked about it, like a few weeks ago. He's like making journalists like sign like fucking pledges that they were going to like you know, only report the truth or they're going to get their credentials taken away. And then there's also a thing where like journalists I don't think are really allowed to walk on without a chaperone, basically through the Pentagon. So he's really like trying to lock it down. And then there was another report recently about just how erratic that Pete HeiG Seth has become since Charlie Kirk died. He said, uh, this is from the Daily Milk. They said, Hexead is becoming increasingly quote obsessed with his own security and exhibits frenzied behaviors such as fidgeting and pacing during meetings. Quote there's a manic quality about him, or let me rephrase, rephrase an even more manic quality, which is really saying something. Dude is crawling out of his skin. Another source sighted, which.
Speaker 1: He always looks to be like ever since, he always looks wildly uncomfortable in his own skin, much like you know, I would say that described me when I was drinking and didn't have a drink in me. I'm just saying, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's not forget. Famously they call him the Dui Higher because not only were there like you know, sexual assault allegations against him. There's a lot of talk about how just fucking wasted he would get. And we saw it, like it's on there's video of it on Fox of him drinking, but you know, he was like, oh no, no, I'm not gonna have a drink. Man, if this job's serious, I wouldn't. I'm never going to touch this stuff. A lot of people you know who are like, were in recovery and things were like called dry drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a thing called dry drunk, and it was it's worse than drunk drunk in many cases because you're not uh you know, you've got the addressing the issue. You're crawling out of your skin is a phrase I've heard quite a bit from people in recovery.
Speaker 2: Anyways. Oh that's like a way to describe it, Like, is that because it's like this sort of mortal discomfort of Yeah, you're just uncomfortable in your own skin.
Speaker 1: You constantly are just like fucking make it stop, and it being just like existence, you know, just existing as yourself. So I don't know, don't want to speculate on that. He does seem to be just uh not the.
Speaker 2: Guy for the job again, without even speculating on that, I can say this, he seems wholly unqualified and should not be in that position, regardless of whatever he's gone through in his personal life, just on the basis of what I've seen, what I saw.
Speaker 1: In that one video, and I've seen a lot, but just if you're just taking that one video.
Speaker 2: Oh there is a video that people. It's funny that people started reposting this video when he was on Fox and Friends where he fucking he was trying to like flip a skateboard up like with like by stomping on it and just dings himself.
Speaker 1: In the nuts.
Speaker 2: That it's look, I mean, we all need a little treat. Like there he goes, he goes, watch this, He's gonna Oh. His face is even like, oh yeah, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: Eric Adams has dropped out of the New York mayoral race that he was still somehow in. I do love to check in with the New York mayoral race. One of the last things giving me hope in this cruel, dark winter of their discontent where they've let somebody with actual economically left policies run in a race.
Speaker 2: At this point, it's like economically sane. This isn't even like radical to be like, ah, maybe don't charge people whatever for fucking food.
Speaker 1: I was so anyway, we'll talk. Eric Adams announced over the weekend he was dropping out. He made it in fitting form, in a baffling announcement where he sat down next to a he descended stairs with the song my Way playing, because being ending your failed campaign after being indicted for a corruption is doing it my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't follow the rules, baby.
Speaker 1: He also sat on the stairs next to a blown up portrait of his deceased mother, and uh, yeah, I don't like it's just he said, I was wrongfully charged because I fought for this city. If I had to do it again, I would fight for New York again.
Speaker 2: No, I think they're good. I think they're good man. You're right.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's why you were fuck I don't. I can't be sure. I don't know all the ins and outs of of the case, but I'm pretty sure it was your stealing money.
Speaker 2: A lot of self dealing going on, not just from you before, all kinds of people like let's not even forget it. Like a couple, like less than a month ago, one of your people who are allied with your campaign just handing out bags of cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the plan to make Trump, to make him Trump's ambassador to Saudi Arabia. That is coming from a billionaire developer who's working for the Bally's Corporation. And they want to build a casino on a city owned Bronx golf course and Adams Uh, Basically, a city council decision eliminated this corporation from the licensing competition, and Adams, in a wholly unprecedented move vetoed that city council decision, so kept him in, kept him, kept him alive to build a fucking casino in the Bronx just like es how nakedly corrupt can you get?
Speaker 2: Make it a fucking park? Please? Anyway? So I do.
Speaker 1: The one thing that I do keep hearing is Trump be and like, don't even vote for Mamdani because we're I'm gonna cut off all funding for New York City and you'll be fucked. I don't know how much of New York City's budget is funded by the federal government. Is that you know they have that dangerous.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, New York is, you know, has the distinction of being a donor state, which is one of the states that gives me more to the federal government than they received. So I don't think they're gonna miss that money because you know, along with what like eighteen other states, those are the ones who get to be like, sorry, assholes, we give you more than we're taking right now. So like miss us with these threats.
Speaker 1: So we'll just keep this then we won't give you all the money that he's tried this before and and lost in courts.
Speaker 2: And be like, I'm not giving Steff the sanctuary cities, Like that's that's Congress's You can say that, but Congress is the one that ultimately does that. And courts have already smacked this shit down. So again big jerk off motion from Donald Trunk there on what you know, Sure, yeah, you'll defund it. You'll you'll not give the money back that they gave you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It continues to be. It's like when we take a few days break from this mayoral race and then I just look at it again. It continues to be that like kind of hard to wrap your head around. How the Democratic already is respond responding to the Mom Donnie candidacy, Like it's still they still continue to just ignore the shit out of him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They like the Kamala Harris thing last week where she was like so big grudging about saying that she would endorse him, Like it's is their only excuse that they think he's like his ideas are unreally like the Cuomo Oh yeah, and what's next free pizza for lunch?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, is that their only thing is that they think it's unrealistic.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know, man, it's it's.
Speaker 1: It's so Wild's like all of their means tested programs that they like pay themselves like millions of dollars to come up with, and like you know, pay fucking consultants millions of dollars. Like those don't work. Those never fucking work. They just they have that added benefit of like making them and the people who fund their campaigns a shitload of money. But they don't have any reason, Like it's just this big gaping like that you want to understand. I remember, I forget the New York writer who wrote the book on dark money. Maybe it was Jill Lapour, but she always talks about how dark money like is this thing. She compares it to like dark matter in the universe, because it's this thing where you see the effects of it.
Speaker 2: Oh is it, Jane Mayor?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe yeah, Jane Mayor, that's right, and you see like things moving, but you actually don't see the money. And like this is this is the best example I can think of of like how all you need to know about how politics actually works is the Democratic Party has the path forward for them staring them in the face, right, and they are doing they are closing their eyes, they're plugging up their ears, and they're just like humming as loud as they possibly can.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was sort of struck. In the New York Times, I think yesterday there was an op ed. It was an op ed. It wasn't like the New York Times saying it, but this professor from George Washington University is basically saying, like, looks like the Democrats one path forward is eat the rich populism.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just just just take care.
Speaker 2: Just looking around and seeing some shit out there. Like there's another candidate I think in Nebraska maybe who also like outperformed Kamala Harris Dan Osborne. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so like and they're pointing to him and Zoron being like these two people they don't I mean, like because Osborne and like, I mean, we're talking about social issues. He's pretty conservative, not like like backwards, but he's conservative, Like you know, he's not saying like there should be an abortion band. He doesn't believe in that. But he's also like, hey, you need guns, you need to zip up the border, that kind of stuff. But also but he's when he asked, he's like, I'm not here to talk about social issues, man, I'm here to talk about the fucking millionaires and billionaires who have no fucking idea what it's like to work for a living. Yeah, that's what that's the Those are the policies I'm interested in. And in this OpEd, they're like, guys like this is you need a well defined villain and political narrative, and this is one that speaks to such a plurality of the idea that the elites are siphoning up every dollar you have, not that it's it's abstract, and then like what happened to my bank account? It's coming in the form of what your gas prices are, your electricity prices are I think of who you pay money to to fucking live, like not you know what I mean? Like who do you give your money for for food, for shelter? These are the things that are fucking squeezing people dry. Yeah, and those that's and they're like, this is the fucking message all I don't.
Speaker 1: But seems to be working. Why it's amazing that you are not using it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just right there, but I get it. But he was sort of also righting. He's like, but you know what I mean, Like this the last paragraph was just sort of saying like where is it? Uh? Oh okay, It says turning Democrats into the vehicle for this coalition will take a struggle, a bruising, messy contest to seize the rains from a party establishment that will be scrambling for its life. But working people fight much harder battles. Working people fight much harder battles every day. It's about time they had somebody in their corner sort of.
Speaker 1: Like damn, maybe get the fuck out the way fucking bars. Another thing that we've talked about before, the like the Democratic Party always wants to turn somebody's success into being Like he's just a gifted politician like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. The cover of Vanity Fair is the legend of Zoran? Is this the man of the future? Is this man the future of American politics? So they are going to try and like turn it into like, Nah, this guy's just fucking there's something ineffable about his riz.
Speaker 2: It's not the content of his words, Nope, it's the riz.
Speaker 1: He obviously would be the very first person to be like, no, it's not, it's just.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course you would have to do that, because you're just gonna be like, oh, it's anomalous, right, So everyone can do It's that anyone can speak to this lived, shared experience that fucking ninety nine percent of Americans have, which is, what the fuck is going on? Bro? Why does my dollar not get me anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That part, that part is.
Speaker 1: That part, right, anyone can say it. Not so much over here or right here, but right here here, that part feels like.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 1: All right, nice little Tommy Boy reference for the elder inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're that movie came out thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Jesus all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday September thirtieth. We are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. The Daily Zyite Guys as executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bay Wayne, co produced by Victor Wright, written by j M McNab, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries.