Speaker 1: Worrying. Today's episode candid spoilers for the Captain America Films and Captain America Well Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson throughout.
Speaker 2: The MCU, you've been warned.
Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Jason Stepsia and I'm Rosie Knight, and welcome back to Xtra Vision, the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comedy of pop culture. Company from our podcast where we're bringing you through epistence.
Speaker 2: Week last news list news in today's episode, well, we have a special treat for you, guys. We're still months away from Avengers Doomsday, but with so many players spread across movies, TVs and multiverses each month, we were gonna deep dive into a set of characters to help you prepare for the MCU's next big tempole films. But this will not be your average x ray Vision episode. Through some multiversal trickery, Jason and I have managed to obtain a recording of tonight's nightly news from Earth six one six, so we're giving you a look inside the minds of the everyday people living with the Avengers and dealing with the fallout of the Infinity Saga. Steve Rogers a kid from Brooklyn, rejected from military service multiple times before being selected for Project Rebirth, a classified SSR program given.
Speaker 1: Steve just couldn't wait to get into the military and kill The problem was Rosie. He was eighty five pounds and they didn't think he'd be able to do it.
Speaker 2: They were wrong. He would go on to be one of the most prolific military killers and military figureheads in American history. The process was a success, but the project leader, doctor Erskine, and his research were destroyed by Nazi spies. Steve became Captain America, led the Howling Commandos against Hydra was regarded as the greatest soldier of the war. Disappeared in nineteen forty five after reportedly crashing a hydro aircraft in the Arctic to prevent a mash casualty attack on the American East Coast. He was declared killed in action and became a legend. He was recovered from the ice decades late up by Shield, one of the most stunning discoveries in modern history. Steve was recruited to the Avengers Initiative and fought in the Battle of New York, the event that changed everything the world learned. It was not alone.
Speaker 1: Who could forget the day that aliens from the sky invaded New York City for reasons I think most of us were still pretty unclear about correct, But there was Captain America running around on the street saving people's lives, and what a sight to see. There was some discussion about whether that could be him, seeing as how he disappeared some seventy years earlier, but indeed it turned out it was him. It was the classified records that have since been declassified indicate that he was frozen in ice.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? This is the kind of thing that since the Battle of New York we have all started to have to get used to. After the battle, he became the de facto field leader of the Avengers, the one giving the orders while the sky was falling.
Speaker 1: Avengers was a public private partnership project between the government Shield and Tony Stark, billionaire philanthropist Tony Starkhall everybody, Uh, you know, I think a controversial, surely, a polarizing figure whose weapons have rot destruction throughout the world, but whose clean energy initiatives are truly impressive.
Speaker 2: Rogers exposed a hydra infiltration that had been festering inside Shield for decades. Three Hella carriers destroyed over Washington, DC's shield was effectively dismantled. It was then that Rogers went rogue to protect Sergeant James Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier, his childhood friend who had been brainwashed by Hydra given. This is where public opinion on Rogers starts to fracture, because it was around this time the public began to realize that this was a man who would go against two hundred and ninety two UN countries in order to save his best friend.
Speaker 1: The Russian agent Bucky.
Speaker 3: Barnes, exactly.
Speaker 2: People were not happy about that, Jason.
Speaker 1: No, they weren't happy about that. They weren't happy about the destruction of Cekovia after the Avengers battle with all Tra Tron rumored to be a creation of Tony Stark. You've never answered questions on the record about that, but supposedly Tony Stark created the vibranium covered robot Ultron. The fight against Ultron didn't destroy the Eastern European nation of Secoviet completely.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of thousands of dead just be.
Speaker 2: A giant piece of island falling out of the sky, a crater.
Speaker 1: Where the nation should have been. And after this the nations of the world got together and went, can we really let six people who can drop an asteroid on a nation by themselves just run around doing whatever they want? And thus the Cekovia Accords came into power.
Speaker 2: The accords required Avengers to operate under un oversight. Steve Rogers refused to sign, though Tony Stark did. The Avengers split. Rogers and a faction of Avengers, including Sam Wilson, went underground, effectively becoming fugitives. He chose loyalty to bonds and personal conscience over institutional authority. When Thanos arrived, Rogers came out of hiding. He joined many of our other heroes for a last stand in Wakanda. He was one of the survivors of the snap. As we know, I was gone during the blip, so I don't remember anything from that time. You know, it happened to many of us. It was terrible. They had the Russo brothers out there at support groups being gay. It was like they were trying to connect with us guys, and you know what.
Speaker 1: And Steve was cool with it. I just want to by all the reports, all the reports we have and Steve was cool with it. I just want to stress that.
Speaker 2: Five years later, the Avengers tried for one last mission, a time heist. Rogers was instrumental in rallying the remaining members of the team to attempt the impossible. In the final battle, Steve Rodgers lifted Molnair Thor's hammer. He was confirmed worthy. For millions watching, this was the defining image of the war. This is the moment that people have painted. This is the moment people have talked about. Jason, what was it like when you heard that Steve Rogers was truly worthy and he had picked up Thor's hammer?
Speaker 1: Well, you wondered how Thor felt about it. But luckily, by that point in time, there were two enchanted weapons on the field. You had a stormbreaker of the axe, and then of course you had the original mulla mm hmm. But it was cool. It was an incredible moment. You know a friend who has a tattooed on his chest. It was It's a moment that continues to resonate throughout time. I don't know why Steve didn't get to keep it, but maybe maybe because he disappeared. That was that was good.
Speaker 2: Steve stood alone against Thanos's army and said, I can do this all day, and then the portals opened it. I have heard rumors that this is when Sam Wilson came back, saying, on your left, classic bit. Imagine you just came back from five years in the blip. When that happened to me, I was like what And I was swearing and I was cursing, and people I was going crazy. I just appeared back and left. Sam Wilson, he said a catchphrase, that's a powerful riturn. That's how you knew he was going to be the new Captain America. He knew branding was so important.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it must have been extremely confusing and disorienting for everybody. Luckily, all the heroes were were able to absorb the information and understand what was going on. You know, I've seen people come back after the Blip to what is known as the Snap, and it was quite terrifying. People peering at a thin air, screaming, masturbating, all kindness, taking dumb terrible. It was and you know, very shocking. So I've heard that most of the heroes disappeared in the midst of the battle that took place in the mysterious nation of conduct, so probably they were primed, you know, for to continue the fight. For them, it was just like I was just fighting and now I'm back fighting again. It doesn't it make sense. Luckily no one was, you know again, no one was taking a dump in the middle of the blip.
Speaker 2: I have had that some people were just about to die, got blipped and then came back and died straight away, which is like, did.
Speaker 1: They get five extra years?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's very strange. I feel like there's going to be great academic writing on the blip. We of course that XOTV will at some point have a blip expose a documentary come out. After the battle, Rogers volunteered to return the Infinity Stones to their proper timelines, but he never came back, or at least not as expected anyway, and elderly Steve Rodgers appeared shortly after, having apparently lived out a full life in an alternate time life.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there, but this is what has been incredibly told to me, was that after putting the stones back, everybody came back, Everything's fine. Then Steve came back and he was old, very very very old, skinny with like the baggy neck, looking kind of like jo That's what they said, looking a lot like Joseph Biden, but but but more vital, you know, much more, you know, like like he'd been having good, good sex for the last fifty to sixty years, right in shape, trim, but bold, I mean, Jason.
Speaker 2: That does raise a lot of questions and has raised a lot of question about what Steve was doing in the past.
Speaker 1: He was, he was just fucking his way. Sorry, let's take that again. He was having intercourse with his wife, I know.
Speaker 2: But Jason, if he went back in time, does that mean he was okay with segregation? Does that mean he was okay with the enslavement of people's How far did he go back, Jason? And these are the questions people want to know.
Speaker 1: We don't have any answers to that, because old Steve went back in there to continue his life of intercourse with his beautiful wife, Beggy Carter.
Speaker 2: She has beautiful He passed his shield to Sam Wilson, causing much chaos and controversy over the fact that he did not give it to Bucky Barnes. Steve Rogers has not been publicly seen since, and his whereabouts and status are unknown post Steve. The mantle of Captain America eventually went to Sam Wilson after the brief and ultimately infamous John Walker into This video that we are showing right now might be a bit triggering for those of you. It is the video of John Walker decapitating a member of the public with the Captain America shield.
Speaker 1: Shocking events.
Speaker 2: Shocking events, and that is why you will notice that he is no longer US agent or Captain America that heard him. There are rumors that Steve is coming back. Will we have two caps? Will it be cap'n Falcon? Will it be cap Falcon and Falcon because now we know that the young hero known as Joaquin has also taken on the role of Falcon. There are so many questions, guys, and that's why we're here to answer them. So let's cut to Daniel Blake with the weather and we'll be back after these commercials with Soup Center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome back to Soup Center. I'm your host, Aaron M. Kaufman, and today on first issue, we're getting into the truth about Steve Rodgers and his cohort of shield carriers. Joining me for today's debate, we have Jason Conception and Rosie Knight, how are the two of you doing today?
Speaker 1: Doing great?
Speaker 2: I'm ready, ready to talk about it, ready to talk about this controversial figure in our American history.
Speaker 3: So first up, I want to ask, is the best offense actually just a good offense? Is Captain America's shield an outdated symbol?
Speaker 1: Jason?
Speaker 2: What do you stand on this?
Speaker 1: I love the shield. The shield is classic. The shield has been the symbol of Captain America since World War Two, the last good war, and that, you know, I think it says a lot about him. He's not going to go on the offense. He's going to defend the rights of free people everywhere with that shield. The shield is indestructible. He's got a gun. The shield is special. Keep the shield. I love the shield. It's a powerful, powerful symbol.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with Jason, though, I will say I feel like this shield has to have some rehab posted John Walker chopping off ahead. I know it's a different shape shield, but I feel like, you know, that vision of an American flag inspired shield covered in blood is a hard one to get rid of. So I think the shield is important. I think we gotta bring the shield back in a positive way. That reframes it for new people. Because Sam Wilson's shield it's powerful. He can get it very far, he's good at throwing it, but it's yet to have that true iconic moment the way that Steve has. So I feel like we got to bring the shield back, maybe reimagine it a little, but I think keep the shield. He doesn't need a gun. No one wants to see Captain America with a gun.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the original shield was that kind of hearts shape with the flat top on the two sides, that kind of tear drop down to a point at the bottom. And my issue with that is that looks even more dangerous than the than the shield that John Wach used to decapitate the guy. It looks sharper, it looks more dangerous. There's a point in it. You can imagine the Captain America who wields it stabbing somebody with it, stabbing them in the net, sawing them and the guts and their guts all out. And I think the circular shield, it just feels like I'm not discounting the fact that there is a serious image problem, that indelible image of the head rolling down the street, the blood spurting out John Walker. Lynn's standing there looking crazed, screaming incoherently. It was a great and you know, and it's something that you can see on the internet all the time. It's really, really, really horrible, and it was a propaganda victory for America's enemies. That said, I do think the circular shield is just inherently less aggressive. And listen, maybe you maybe you make the edges a little rounder, maybe round them off a little bit. I don't know what kind of manufacturing process for vibranium, like, am I am I suggesting something that's actually impossible with the physics of vibranium. It does it affect the aerodynamics? Is it now fly slower? Does it not bounce as well? If you do that, whatever the case may be, I'd be willing to explore that a softer edge shield, But I think the circular shield it's just better. It looks better the John Walker stuff. Nonwithstanding, let's put that in the past. Let's keep the shield the symbol of Captain America, and let's just put it in the hands of a person who won't go around to capitating people. As simple as that, simple as that.
Speaker 3: Now, a lot has been said about about Sam Wilson, who's taken the man of Captain America. He was the young developmental kid that we had on the bench. We had a lot of faith in him. He had a lot of potential and he's now taken over the role of Captain America. But the Falcons haven't always had the best luck in sports. Did Falcon fumble the role as the leader of the Avengers? Rosie? What do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think this is an unfair to put it on Sam Wilson, though I do think it's a fair question to ask. I do not think that he had the support of the Avengers, as we have seen in the past Steve Rogers Avengers had billions of dollars via Tony Stark. By the time Sam takes on Captain America's shield, Tony is dead. He's living in a post Tony Stark world. And it seems like Tony Stark only bothered to give his leftover technology to teenage boys, which you know is a question for another day. But I would say that I do think Sam didn't have the right preparation and to truly take on the lead of Avengers. But also I would say I think there's a level of racism there to guys playing into this because the government tried to get sacked.
Speaker 1: Here we go, be Captain America.
Speaker 2: We go, here, we go, and then they take we go right out the history of other Captain Americas who are black. So I think that he was not given the preparation that he needed and the support to truly bring an Avengers team to the forefront, because who do we have now? Guys, whoe are the Avengers?
Speaker 3: Now? Rosie, I would like to remind you please stick to soups here all right?
Speaker 1: The facts here are the facts. Here are the facts about Sam Wilson, who by all accounts is a nice man and we you know, appreciate his service to our country as a member of the pair of rescue team in the Middle East. That said Sam Wilson wings were Condon tech. Sam Wilson, the little mobile remote control bird were Condon tech. Where's that data going? Where is that from the bird going? Is it going to us here in the United States of America or is it going to athletes?
Speaker 3: Captain America?
Speaker 1: So a scurious country in Afriga we don't even know about. Okay, this guy is why can't we he wear the stuff that we make for him. Yeah, okay, wearing stuff from other countries, and again seems like it seems like a nice guy. Okay, but he doesn't have the super soldier serum and the only thing that makes him special is a foreign nations technology that we don't understand. So I just I'm not saying no to Sam Wilson. I'm just saying I have questions. The bar, of course, was absolutely on the ground, and I try the decapitation of that random guy by John Walker, but that means we need more clarity from our captain America. Where does this tech come from? How does it work? How does the little remote control bird work? Where does the intelligence from the little remote control bird go? Does it stay here? Does it go to Wakanda? Can they kill the suit with a push of a button? Question? These are all ken is would Sam Wilson feel comfortable going on a mission in America's interests against Wakanda. We don't have the answers to these questions, and we need to have the answers to those questions before I'm comfortable saying Sam Wilson is the guy Jason.
Speaker 2: I know that oftentimes we do butt heeads about this, But I must say I do have a source who did inform me that Bucky Bond's what Coandon arm was able to be controlled by Wakanda.
Speaker 1: And they don't even get me start about Bucky Barnes.
Speaker 2: Who stop the arm. So I do think you raise a good point about national security here, Jason, as much as I hate to admit it.
Speaker 1: Don't even get me started about Bucky Barnes, who has is a known victim of mine control which has never been solved. He's been rumored and suspected to be an active participant in numerous political assassinations over the course of multiple decades. He's got the Wakandan Arm. He was a Russian agent, we know that absolutely for sure, and then he was a Russian Nazi agent, which is crazy for much of the Shield period. And he again seems like a nice guy. You can see him walking around your city all the time, used to talk up and talk to me. Seems like a very very sweet guy. But I just don't know. I just don't know if we can trust him. There was the issue where you know, Baronzimo read him a dozen random words and he went crazy again and killed multiple people in Switzerland, excuse me, Germany. We can't have that happen again. And I just feel like until such time as we can be sure that the mind can thing is really under control, we have to question Bucky Barnes as well. And then you said it the Wakandan tech which he does not control, which we do not control. We don't know who controls it now.
Speaker 3: I just want to remind that two of you that Bucky Barnes was elected congressman and has held political office.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other issue. This is a democracy. If people want to elect an absolute Russian spy, Russian Nazi spy, they all free to do that. Sadly, it was in the United States of America, and he may go all the way up to president if if the people of this country do so choose to elect that person.
Speaker 2: They did elect the Hulk, so you know it could happen.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, they didn't, to be fair to the electorate, they did not know he was a Hulk at that time. They didn't although they were sure. Listen, I didn't vote for him. He was a whole criminal, yes, but you know I didn't vote for him, but many people did. And there it is our.
Speaker 3: Next topic I want to hear from both of you about is copyright incringement the Avengers versus the New Avengers, the branding here we've had an expansion team. I'm not really sure if there's the fandom around and the talent pool for both teams. But Jason, what do you think Avengers New Avengers? Too many teams? Who exactly?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Sorry, some people may think that you suddenly had an owl come on, but I said, who knew?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Who? What have they done? I'm aware of this team that you talk about that you're speaking of. I think I bench press more than forty percent of that team. The team is just people. There's Buggy Barnes with a Condon arm question mark, an active congressman. Who can he be doing this running around leading a team of guys and gals but who have no special ability that we know of, and various members of them are have been agents of a foreign government and mind control Yolena for one. And then you know, listen, I've decried the decapitation in the streets of Vienna. And John Wilson is a member of that team.
Speaker 2: Team, He's on the team. This is a team of misfits and That's not to say that maybe they could have come together and do something good. But guys, who have they been brought together by none other than the Countess of Valentina Alegrafontee. She's annoying, she's shady, she's machinations behind the scenes. Every time we have her on here, she avoids answering any serious questions. I am wary of any team put together by the American government solely, though I must say I understand why the government would want to do this after the private public combination of the Avengers that led to the issues with the Kovia records. But I must say Thunderbolts was a better name. That is what the fans named them online. It was contestant. He tried to do this New Avengers. You are not the new Avengers. You were not even analogous to the Avengers.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: My understanding from what I'm hearing from the food delivery guy is that the most powerful member can't even use his powers. There's one member who has powers and he can't use them. And if we're to be believed what the streets are saying, he might even be the reason they had to become a team in the first place, in which case, just don't put the team together.
Speaker 1: I think that is the fact. Their very first mission was to fight the guy that is now part of the team. This gentleman who you were talking about made several dozen people turned to stains in New York City. Now he is apparently part of the team. The rest of that roster includes red Guardian for an act. So basically the Captain America of Russia, overweight alcoholic Yolana Belova, Russian agent, sitting Buggy Barnes mind controlled, sitting congressman, former Russian Nazi assassin, a US agent who decapitated a guy in the streets of Vienna. It's a tough look, I think, and that's why I would say, let's keep it the thunderbolts. And that's not Sully the name of the e. Even if you put new on it, it's just not it's not enough. And then there's I didn't even mention Ghost, who were not Can they take a shower? Like, what is the deal with Ghost? Are they in this dimension? Are they halfway in another dimension? We didn't Can they take the suit off? Do they disappear if they take the suit off? It's unclear? That said the only maybe dependable American. Well, actually she appears to be from England. Never mind.
Speaker 3: All right. A follow up to that, a lot of our fans have been wondering, are we in a drought of American superheroes? Do we have too many international names on the superhero market right now?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's a good question. I think it depends on It depends on how you look at it. I do think that it's true that a certain generation of American superhero has passed from the scene. Now we can get them back through various multiversal techniques, although that has drawbacks in and of itself see the issue with Doctor Doom potentially being Tony Stark from another dimension.
Speaker 2: Crazy, But.
Speaker 1: You know, we got to get the talent from where we can get it. I do think that there's opportunities to find more talent with this kind of mutant trend that seems like it's increasing. But to me, the main issue is that we've got a young crop of superheroes coming and now that haven't proven themselves. We have no idea what they can do, we have no idea what their power sets are, and we have no idea if they can work together. The original Avengers had gotten to the point where it was on you know, it was it was autopilot for them. They were the synergy was incredible, you know, and it was incredible. The chemistry was incredible right off the bat. Remember the move and the Battle of New York when Tony Stark shot the repulsal rays off caps shield, which was he didn't even need to do that. That was just they were. They were just spite just looking at they were just looking cool doing that, right, And they don't We don't know if they can work together as a team. The original Steve Rogers was a tactical mastermind and could put people in roles and everybody respected that. We don't know what roles these young upcoming superheroes can play yet, and we've got to figure that out on the field.
Speaker 3: Rosie, one final thought from you. With the Captain American name, a hero that has meant so much to all of us, has that name been sullied? And what do you need to see to be a fan again?
Speaker 2: I do believe that the Captain American name has been sullied. I believe that. To believe in him again, I just need to see him come back and do something good because honestly, I don't even think that the sullying began with the nation of John Walker being a decapitator. I believe that Steve Rodgers's own choice to go into the past and time heist and then stay there and have make beautiful love to Peggy Carter is in itself a sullying because it opens too many questions, Like we said, Steve, what were you doing back then? We need to know. I also feel like I am hearing from the streets that there are these young wild heroes with crazy powers, girls who can turn light into physical manifestations, incredible archers. There are young heroes. I feel like we need Captain America to come back and be the beacon, the leader, the center of this new young generation, or else we're just gonna end up with more bootleg teams like the New Avengers that aren't gonna rise to the same heights as what we have previously seen before.
Speaker 3: Well, Rosie and Jason, thank you so much for joining us. We're gonna throw to Jackson Wheel now for rush hour traffic, and we'll be back up from these messages.
Speaker 1: That work and we're back okay as we head into doomsday, Rosie, Yes, what predictions and theories do we have for Captain America, the character, the mantle, whether that's Steve Rodgers, whether that's Sam, whoever it may be going forward. What do you think is who's gonna Who's gonna be the Captain America going forward?
Speaker 2: I think we will get this final movie with Steve Rodgers as Captain America. He's gonna be taking it back, He's gonna be re establishing the mantle, the framework of what it is to be Captain America in a post doomsday world. I also think that we'll see that expand out from the idea of protecting America because we know that this is going to become multiversal. I also think we will likely see both Sam and Cap B Cap at some point in this movie. We will get two of them with the two shields. It will be a really powerful moment. But I do feel like we could also end Doomsday with multiple caps like they've recently done in the comics, where you have different Captain Americas in different cities, and it becomes more of a Batman inc Esque mantle that inspires different people around the world rather than a singular Captain America. Because I do think that the Steve Rogers Captain America story, as much as you know our six or six counterparts may have issues with the choices he's made, has been a pretty definitive version of this hero for Marvel. So I think that ending it in a triumphant way, while maybe setting the seeds for like a different version of how his inspiration has kind of shaped them MCU is probably what we're going to get. What do you think.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go crazy? And I think that there was at least a chance that I think you're right that we're going to see a Steve cap and a Sam cab. I think we get Sam retaining the Captain America mantle. Six six. I think we get a young Steve nomad.
Speaker 2: Yes, multiversal nomad Steve.
Speaker 1: Nomad Steve who's disillusioned and is just wandering around. And then I think we get old Steve who is like the tactical brain. Maybe not as Captain America, right, but with the old Steve kind of more military uniform with the Eagle and the and the star on the j Yeah, sitting back in the control room and pulling the strings. I think we get I think we get those two Steve's and then I mean here's my few. Okay, this is the multiverse.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Do we see the bad one?
Speaker 2: Do we see the I do wonder. I did have the fear that we may see Nazis.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see it. I don't want There has been rumors that this could be very secret Empire coded. The very controversial Captain America is a Nazi storyline. I feel like the EMC nodded to that perfectly when they had him say hey, Heyohydra and endgame as part of the time heist to get out of the very famous fight. I thought that was great. But I do think there is a chance. I do think, also sadly, I think there's a chance that the young cap we see is Nazi cap or something and is going after the babies for his own reason. I don't know. I'm interested to see where it goes. I never really wanted to see Steve Rogers's son, but hey, let's give it a try. Let's see if what these kids mean for these heroes, because I do think that's gonna be key to whether or not the movie works. Are these children something been added because of It's the most interesting thing for the character. Like, I know that Love and Thunder was not a very popular movie, and it was not, by any means a high point of the MCU, But I actually think Thor is someone who lost the love of his life, who lost a lot of his family, who lost his brother. I think the introduction of somebody else he can love in his life is a really interesting character choice. So I want to see if those choices are reflected when it comes to Steve, someone that we never really expected in the MCU to see again question mark unless you kind of knew how this stuff worked, or with a kid. So I'm very interested to see how that lands. But Jason, I do think I think we are at a high fifty to fifty point where we'll probably see a version of Nazi Steve.
Speaker 1: Sadly, Oh, do you think we see What do you think about Old Steve? Do you think we get old Steve?
Speaker 2: I think Old Steve has to be there one because Old Steve became a meme and they do love to reference a meme and a bit and that was so mimable. Also think look Steve.
Speaker 1: Old Steve was a feature of the Marvel continuity for yeah, a couple of years, but that his oldness had to do with a side effect of this show.
Speaker 2: Super Solder Serum, where it basically was it stopped. Yes, it kind of like in the Clone Wars where they did the episode about the Clones who started to age and it becomes this really existential thing. It's sort of like that very again tied into that Secret Empire era, which is interesting to see what they're drawing from. I would actually really like to see them do something with old Steve because also the Russo's are back. They have you know, they started Act Boy, they launched a bunch of other movies that didn't really hit for them, even though they had a lot of financial backing. They want to come back and make something the fans want. They also are in conversation with the fans, and have always been in conversation with the fans, so I think it would be surprising to not at least get some conversation, even if it's just a in universe kind of not to oh, yeah, he did help people while he was old, or oh no he didn't, you know whatever. Version. There's also a version where the Steve that went back and lived that life is the bad Steve because he ended up because he went back and made the choice to put himself before.
Speaker 1: If old Steve is bad Steve, does that mean that's original Steve?
Speaker 2: And that's what I want to know. I think that there. I think there's quite a high likelihood that what we're going to see here is old Steve who came back was never our real Steve who went away. The no mad Steve who we see is actually that Steve who had to like come back and be like, hey, I need to fix things things I like or something.
Speaker 1: I like this theory that I like the idea that we got a different Steve who came back, who's somewhat more amoral and much more selfish, was thinking about getting his own freak on with Peggy over the interview decades and was not thinking about doing good, and that good Steve got lost in the sauce somewhere, got lost in the mid exactly the multiverse, ended up in a worst world and had to go nomad because he's like this sucks and I can't be kept in America here. That's interesting, Yes.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's something like that, because that's like way more intriguing to me than just the idea that you know, potentially there's just these two different aged good Steve's walking around. I think they really need to be careful too, because when I thought, when we're talking to thinking, when we're talking about this and thinking about this, it becomes very clear how much they have to answer just about Captain America, let alone the fact that we are going to be dealing with, you know, twelve other major characters in this movie.
Speaker 1: My question, the big question for me regarding Captain America is who is Captain America. I think Sam is going to be Captain America for the next two movies, for Doomsday and Secret Wars. Yes, the question is what happens then, because I think we're going to see a lot of turnover and probably see the universe kind of tilted more.
Speaker 2: Towards the Mutants at that point agree.
Speaker 1: And depending on how that goes, I think that Disney will probably consider whether they want to continue or whether they want to reboot in a kind of like ultimate style just started all again type situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: What do you think who is Steve Long? Who is Captain America? Long term?
Speaker 2: This is the big question because in the comics there have been like so many people who've tried to be Captain America, like twenty plus people off to Steve quit. That was three different people who came in to try. That was Bob Russo, who was a professional baseball player that was a most cycle thug with an incredible comic book named Scot Turpin. And Roscoe Simmons who managed Steve's Jim and actually ended up getting killed by the Red Skull and that's part of why Steve gave up his nomad person owner. And then obviously you have John Walker, Isaiah Bradley or who we've already met, I think Sam Wilson. And then the most recent one was the United States of Captain America, which was very interesting, which was kind of different Captain America's for different states. So you had Nishelle Wright who was a Captain America of Harrisburg. You had Aaron Fisher he was a Captain America of the railway Ways. You had Joe Gomez who was the Captain America of the Kickaboo Tribe. And you had Ariel Agabarnia as the campus Captain America. But I think realistically looking at what them so who's doing right now and how they're trying to play into fandom and essentially what fandom wanted, you know, ten years ago. I think that we will see Bucky Barnes become Captain America at some point. I think that he's a fan fave of character. People always wanted to see it. With him on the Thunderbolts, he had cap shield while he was on the Thunderbolts. In the comics, I think that they should have probably done that first and then built up to Sam really getting his place, but sadly that wasn't what happened. So I do think, well, we'll see Sam and Steve here. I think that post this next event, I think it wouldn't be shocking if Bucky became our cap.
Speaker 1: Here's my other question, Well, I think we got to. I think whoever is cap going.
Speaker 2: Go to juice them?
Speaker 1: They got a juice them. Yeah, I think you can't just be a guy.
Speaker 2: Now, it doesn't work in this world. Yeah, it doesn't work in this world anymore.
Speaker 1: Now Sam has some moves where he can increase his power with the kind of wing moves and the spins and dropping out of the skin. That's all cool. I think that's really cool, But ultimately you can just do more with it with juiced cap and to me, the juice is as important as the It's kind of more important than the shield certain respects.
Speaker 2: It kind of is because they want to.
Speaker 1: Out the essential nature as Erskin said of Man, and the fact that Steve is such a good man is what made him Captain America, not the shield. So I think we gotta I think juice. I gotta get juiced.
Speaker 2: I got one last question for you, Jason. It's Captain America adjacent and I think is a really important question. Are we gonna see Sharon call a power broker again?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Was that real? Like? Is she power broken? What's going We gotta go on? What's going on with that? Like that's what we need to know.
Speaker 1: I think that's a very rich plot line, actually, you know, like it's.
Speaker 2: So interesting if they actually explore it properly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, illegal superhero tech has entered the world, and we've seen it with these kind of I think most effectively in in the Spider Man movies.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: You know the Vulture and his crew guys who collected a Battle of New York Tatari tech and you know we're selling it on the black market. I think that's the kind of thing that will only increase. I think, were we really missed out on the armor wars?
Speaker 2: And what hell man, I wanna know? I need to know.
Speaker 1: That isn't that's an unanswered question. Does the government just have all like trillion dollars worth of worth of weaponry or did that go to somebody else. There was the issue with you know, of course, Peter Parker getting the sunglasses that I guess gave him key to all of Tony's storage lockers. You might imagine, but they've never really pursued that. And so I think that there is a overall kind of a general trend towards proliferation of superhero stuff, both technologies from heroes and villains, and these kind of very offshoots of super soldier serum sneaking out into the general population, creating villains and creating mercenaries. All of that is really cool. And listen, our heroes need more people to fight. It can't always be like this huge galactic level Thanos level threat all the time.
Speaker 2: No, it can't. And they've struggled with what it looks like when it's not that.
Speaker 1: So I think that I think you're right, it would be cool if we could pursue that stuff.
Speaker 2: More it would. I think that's what we got to look for, and I think that's what's going to be most exciting. And I'm very excited that we were able to access our secret EMCU six or six tapes and can't wait for you guys to keep joining us for Impending Doomsday.
Speaker 1: The next episode of Extra Vision, we're diving into the biggest news week that's for this episode. Thanks for listening. X Ray Vision is hosted by Jasoncepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Korfman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abuzafar.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Bay Wack.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heide our discord moderator.