Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Love filling in Oldah, Filling Frank. Shout out to Filling Frank live from your city's ben Studios. Now we're filling in for the Great DP. But we are on Monday through Friday five to seven on East, two to four on the West, Covino and Rich and we have a bonus podcast over promised, and we're having a big live broadcasting party in Vegas. And this is your invite. Yes, don't expect a handwritten letter or a text or an evite. This is your invite. Fox Sports Radio Nation, Dan Patrick's show. We're broadcasting live in Vegas, big party June twentieth, twenty first, and twenty second. Events are being planned out as we speak, So meantime, books your flights. I just saw a tentative agenda and oh my god, is it action packed. So you guys, they if you guys and girls take part in this, there's everything from you know, starting the day with a brunch to a live broadcast, pool parties events. I saw a karaoke event. I saw a special appearance from Rich Davis in Thunder from down Under.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: How much did that, How much would that pay? Quarters give me a couple months to get in shape. Hey, now, if you can only make it one day though, come that middle day June twenty first, again twentieth through to twenty second, but the twenty first, we're gonna have one big party the second day, maybe like a pool party. Lots of events being planned out as we speak, and more to come. At Fox Sports Radio at Covino and Rich. This hour Shack Diesel, Whack Diesel, NBA, multiple Choice Trivia, your chance to win prizes. And before we get into this conversation about conversations, Rich, oh yeah, conversation about conversations where your feedback and phone calls are welcome eet seven to seven to ninety nine on Fox at Covino and Rich. I do want to shout out all the affiliates too. What it's up, Affiliates, What up? Future people on the podcasts?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 2: Everyone on the iHeartRadio app?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 2: Everyone enjoying spring break? Shout out to my buddy Brad and Antonia from Mocha Handcrafted. Brad Pennington listens to the show, Rich Cardinals fan. A lot of new people checking us out. We appreciate you guys. I'm just I'm I'm still harping on something from first hour because I'm getting more pictures of my daughter last night at the Dodgers game. Yeah, I can't let my daughter become a Dodgers saying acount of whorish, you can't. It's good conversation, but you have to do your part as a parent and steer her in the right direction. What are the mets the right directions? Well, she like her own choices when she grows up. And again, you're just doing your part, and that's the best and all you could do. Really, Oh my god, Yeah, you gotta put Dodgers and the parents that took my kid just sent me a picture of my daughter hugging that big you know, the big Dodgers bobblehead they have right outside the stadium. I don't know this is This might be a family cover. This might be a family meeting tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you missed it, Rich's daughter is catching Dodger fever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're from the East coast and yeah, not a good thing. By the way. That's Danny g with the smooth buttery voice. He's on the phones and Iowa, Sam Oh, the guy with the Fuzzy Head. Yeah, Cotton Headed, Ninny Muggins, Iowa, Sam is on the ones and twos. Always great to see you, Sam, and thank you guys for hanging out with us. So have you missed that family fandom conversation? If you missed our speculations about Shador Sanders and Aaron Rodgers, All, that's going to be later on the podcast. But we're talking about Rory McElroy. Yeah, he didn't want to talk to anybody heading down the stretch here, kind of like a no hitter. You don't bother the guy, you don't bring it up, you don't get in his way. And it got us thinking about conversations while on vacation based on a viral clip. Yeah, if you missed it, take a listen to one of Rich's favorite dudes. Yeah, there's a dude on social media that I follow this guy because he's like an older guy that his daughter's always record him saying, you know, funny random stuff. Dan, he's queuing that up. In the meantime, I did want to point out that this conversation about when is it okay to say I don't want to have a conversation, it extends into like I said ubers. Not only does it extend into the pros with like no hitters. Some people like to talk to keep it loose. Others do not, even something as simple as like, you know, I played Rex softball. There's guys that when we're in a close game and I'm like, yeah, man, do you see Aaron Judge at Ome home runs and and Yo Soto, they get to focus. I'm like, dude, it's Rex softball. But some people, yeah, you'd be your guy. I likes to babble a lot, so you know, I never try to be rude. Again. There's a way to say, hey, zip it zippy and I'll explain. But take a listen to the question here.
Speaker 6: I have to tell me if this is rude when you're on vacation. I'm sure it is. Your mother on vacation wants to talk to everybody, begins out the vibe, talk to me and tell me your entire life story.
Speaker 3: Well I want to do is be left alone.
Speaker 6: Is it rude to say to a person, excuse me, but while on vacation, I don't wish to be social.
Speaker 2: On vacation, I wish to not be social. Is that rude? Can you tell an uber driver. Hey, listen, not to be rude, but we have forty minutes here that we're gonna be hanging while you drive me home. I'm gonna put in my AirPods. Is that rude? They say, I'm not trying to be rude, man, I just gotta try to get a nap in here after work later on, or I'm just trying to get a nap in. I'm not trying to be rude. But thank you very much. Do you even need to say that though you're the customer, it's just how you present it. It's just good behavior, it's just good manners. Right, You're not trying to be rude to anybody. So to answer that guy's question too, yo, Man, Sometimes on vacation, you think I want to sit there and talk to some dude who's drunk and just babbling about his life that I don't care about.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: No, but you know there are some times where you do get caught up in a conversation pool side or you know, you're in the pool, the swim up pool and some guys talking. Hold on, it's like a Rebecca get over here. So this is Steve. He's from California. He says, he works for Fox Sports. I love Fox Sports. How held you get into that anyway?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And then hey, he's interested in my life. Here you're chopping it up. That's all fine and dandy. So I hate to give you this answer, Rich, but I'm noticing this more and more. In sports radio, you always have to have this one side, and sometimes that one side just sounds stupid because you're not really exploring the other side at all. You know, it's like so fated on this one side when both can be true. There are times in life where yeah, the conversation's fun, but there are times in life where I'm like, you know what, I don't feel like talking to this dude. And you could politely say, hey, dude, I'm in my zone. In a plight way, of course, I'm in my zone and I don't have time with this right now. I agree that there's there's a weird pressure to be all or nothing, and you see that in politics, right, like, like, I think it's impossibly odd for someone to say I line up completely with this side. You could have different opinions. You could have different opinions, and you could have different moods. You know, when you asked this Rich actually sent me this clip yesterday. It's a really funny clip because it's a good question, and it ties into the McElroy saying, Hey, I don't want to talk to anybody right now. It's kind of the ethics too, of a big moment, like dude, don't get in his way, don't bother him, let him do his thing. I responded to Rich yesterday, I said, funny video, funny clip, great question, let's talk about it. It depends on my mood. It's as simple as that. Sometimes I'm in a mood where yeah, I'm feeling shatty. Other Times I may have things on my mind or I'm thinking about something and I can't focus on the nonsense you're talking about. And sure, I think it requires an explanation. Otherwise people could deem you as a guy who is grumpy or is just unfriendly. And you don't want that either. So I think if you say it and put it right, you could do both. And the choice is yours, black Sheep style. Now, when you're on vacation, and I say that because a lot of people when the most vacation February March April, right, your kids are off or kids are on spring break right now. You know, when you're on the East Coast or Midwest, you try to get out of the crappy weather. Maybe hit off Florida, the Bahamas, Mexico, somewhere Dominican Republic, recruit some baseball players. I think a lot of times when you're vacationing, the small talk's fun, but you better be on the same page with your significant other on how far you take that small talk. I'm not talking swingers relaxed. I'm saying how many times has someone in the marriage or in the relationship gone a little too far? Like honey, tonight, we're meeting them for drinks at the bar. It's like now we're making playing lotus. We're all hanging out. Come on, no thanks, Like no, we had a nice conversation at the swim up bar. I mean, if that's your style and your scene, and like you said, res you agree that's who you are as a couple. Hey, that's great. I'm not here to judge. It's just not my sceneor style at all. But to answer that guy's question, I don't think it's rude if you were on vacation. How you position it. If you are on vacation, and you started talking to someone and they actually said, hey, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: When I'm on vacation, I like mentally check out not to be rude, but I'm not really feeling social. I'd feel stupid for talking to them, but i'd respect their answer. Yeah, and there's no shame in that at all. You're paying thousands of dollars to go away. Do you hear some drunk idiot tell you about his kids? Get out of my face? Not again. I'm usually a chatty guy, so it might be shocking too that there are times I don't want to talk. That's what I'm saying. It depends on your move. The mood is so read the room. My wife and I had the pool A couple weeks ago. We took a couple of days off and my wife and I grandma was in town, so we went to down to Cabo quick flight from La went to Cabo, Mexico for a couple of days. That minutes from the airport in the car to the resort. Our driver must have felt the pressure to talk, and I feel like I gave every indication that like I was not. That's what headphones are for. Headphones and sunglasses, but it was like the whole time, like throw your hoodie up, where are you guys from?
Speaker 3: And this After a.
Speaker 2: While, I'm like, all right, small talk's over, and he kept going wow and and shut up. Yeah exactly, And like I said, it's how you handle it. There are many times that Rich and I, believe it or not, we're mid thought, We're in the zone, We're getting ready for the show. Right, this is work for us. Even though we come here and have a good time, this is still work. And me especially, I like to gather my thoughts. Rich just likes to fart out thoughts and he just speaks. The first thing that comes out of his mouth was mine. No, it's true, So he speaks from his cheeks. Thank you. That's Rich Davis. I gather my thoughts. I'm like, all I like it. I'm like, can I ask you a few questions? You have a mint something? Formulate my flow of thoughts, right, So I'm formulating my flow of thoughts, and then Iowa, Sam will come up to me in the middle of that, or Mike runs his place will come up to me, and they mean no disrespect whatsoever. But if anything part of that problem, it looks like I'm being disrespectful because I'm not really engaging in what you're saying, because I'm mid thought, right and I try to read you first. I'm like, yeah, and my thoughts are way louder than whatever you're yapping about. But what I'll do rich because I know it may appear rude in that moment. I'll come back later on to Mike or Sam or whoever. I'm like, hey, I'm sorry, man, Sorry, I wasn't in my zone before.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And I think they understand because you're getting ready for work or whatever it is. It's all the approach of your mood. If you dismiss people and say not right now, buddy, and you throw your hand up, tell them to speak to the hand, like if you do something like douchey like that. Yeah, ahead, Are you a woman of the two thousands? Yes, you don't have to be rude. You don't have to be in ahole about it. I want to hear about yours right now. We're talking about Val Kilmer. Yeah, yes, Oh my goodness, what a great story. That was more impulse. Though Sam dismissed somebody recently, Sam was was I was in the right though he was in the right. He was an emotional moment about the loss of Val Kilmer, and he's like, man, I can't believe it. He was one of my heroes.
Speaker 5: No, you can download in here that seeing our best of the week from this past Saturday.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect. Absolutely. And one of our colleagues here came jumping into the middle of a serious conversation and he meant no harm, no foul, but he didn't read the room, and he's like, yo, torpedo, bats am I right? Sam said, listen, buddy, we're having a serious conversation. Get out of here. Now's not the time. We're honoring Val in this moment. We're not talking about Torpedo. Try to shoot him away. But you know what, he did it in a nice yet firm manner. Yeah yeah, And I think the kid got it like, oh yeah, I was. I was in the wrong. My bad so and you know what, can you know you summed it up best. It really depends on your mood. That doesn't need to be a right or wrong answer here because everyone's different as well, Like you just said before the show, Like let's say we were doing our show live from the Super Bowl a couple of months ago. I'm the type of guy that I can have a conversation with you and be like, all right, we're on the air in thirty seconds. I'll catch it in a minute. Cavino wants to sit down, focus, get ready. I don't to me. I'd rather just go on right, read the room, different, be respectful, And again, you're entitled to silent time if that's what you need in that moment. So your thoughts on vacation and it extends to sports, I'll uh Rory McElroy at the Masters. Is it okay to say, Hey, you know, I prefer some silent time right now. It could be a guy in the dugout. You'll see a guy sitting on the top step. He might be trying to figure out like, Yo, what am I doing wrong at the plate? I'm oh for three today. He may not want his teammate be like, Yo, we got we're going out for that steakhouse after the game? Dumb in my zone. Let's go rude to talk to anybody. That's just our job. When people just want to chat with you and you're trying to do a job. Hey, you know what, I'm trying to cut someone's hair right now. And some people just like me. I think you and I are wired similarly, Like it's hard for me to focus and concentrate on something when there's like a lot of noise. We know, we know, Sam, Yeah, when you are ready to start a show or something like, if you're like having any conversation with Sam, he's like, oh my god, God, hold on. Get What do we all subconsciously do when we need to focus in the car and you're trying to figure out where am I? Where's this her us or radio?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: You lower the radio, like, concentrate where am I going?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I gotta where am I gonna park?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Start squating your eyes. You're like, where's the exit? So that's sort of what we all do when we need to focus for a minute. It's not just me and Sam, is sort of anybody and Rich you said it recently. Rich was getting his hair cut. Some guy came in wanted to chop it up and talk to his barber. It's like, you know, you're being rude, So it's not it's not rude to say peace out. It's equally as rude to interrupt people with your chatter when it's unwarranted and unwanted. In that moment, just know, just re read the room really, like I said, that was a great story. Another one from like a week ago. I was talking about how I was getting a haircut. Imagine this guy's You're in the barber chair, your barber's got the clippers, giving you a nice little fresh fade, and all of a sudden, a solicitor comes in and starts trying to sell this guy trying to sell my barber a new cell phone package, shifting his focus off of you. And I'm like, yeah, that's great, a pale, what are we doing here, I'm getting a haircut. He's like, well, what what's your current provider? I don't care about my barber's current provider.
Speaker 3: You know you have to.
Speaker 2: But you know how you always say no offense before you say something offensive, No offense, but you know you are kind of fat in that shirt. Hey, I said, no offense. What I have incorporated into my life is respectfully, respectfully beat it because respectfully but respectfully, Hey, respectfully, I'm a little busy right now, and I know that sounds rude, but I said respectfully first, Like, I'm aware and I'm conscious that this may be rude, but you're being rude. You're the one being rude. You know, two quickphone calls and then we're gonna get you guys involved. Eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox. If you want to be a contestant for Shack Diesel trivia, We're gonna give away some Convene on Rich Fox Sports Radio prizes. So be dialing now you want to get in on the game eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox a little NBA trivia, Let's take two quickies right now, we'll go to Tea in Georgia. You're on with Covine on Rich What's up Tea?
Speaker 7: Oh Man being on what's that Fellows time slot? Man, I apologize for the nood in the background. I'm currently at it there for at work, So I'm gonna try to make this quick. I think the whole hold on, he says, I can already say I'm being disrespectful right now with it. Hold on, hold on, Hi, Okay, that gonna be a little bit better now. Yeah, I honestly think that it comes down to the situation. Yeah, you could be in a different type of mood and you can, you know what I'm saying, have your your thing at work. But like if you meet the person currently or concurrently, like y'all two at work, it's one thing to keep on chick chattering and have to ship your focus when it's at work, when it's like a one time deal, like when you're on vacating, Hey, listen, I don't want to be bothered. Okay, cool, you have the rest of your you have a good rest of your vacationing and then well live bit at that. But it was one of those things where like I don't want to talk to you, but I have to see the next day or the next couple of hours, like come on, stopping, gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, hey, I agree with you. Anybody, let's say, had to Rob in Orlando.
Speaker 8: Hey, Robert, Hey guys man, nice to see you guys stepping into day comment on it. I drive over here in Orlando, and I get, you know, you got to have a little wherewithal about yourself and understand whether or not a rider wants to have a conversation or not. But on the flip side, I've also had riders get in the car talking on the phone and basically be on a fake phone call the entire ride, you know, to not have to talk to the driver. And I dropped them off, said hey man, dude, if you never want to talk, it's okay for you to come in and just say I'm I'm busy right now, or I got my mind on other things. It's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've had that conversation a bunch of times, and thanks for making it clear in the uber. That's another great example, Rich that everyone could relate to. I've been like, hey man, I'm sorry, I got you a bunch of emails to check for work, so I don't want anythink I'm being rude, simple, you know, And a lot of times that's true. You know, many times I've been in a car and I'm preparing for a meeting that they're driving me to, and I politely tell them like, hey man, I'm not being rude. I just got to prepare for this thing I'm going to that you're driving me to right now. They totally understand and he nailed it. Have Somewherewithal And that's really it. Your thoughts on dismissing a conversation because you're in your zone like Rory McElroy, and we'll take the rest of your feedback at Coveno and Rich. So if you do want to chime in on this. Believe me, We're very interactive on social media again at Coveno and Rich and right now we want your phone calls at A seven seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up, as they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Covino and Rich. All right, welcome back to the show CNR in for Dan Patrick, Day two of the Dan Patrick Hatrick, which means we'll be here tomorrow. You're reaping all the benefits, so excited to be here. We'll be here next Tuesday as well. And for Dan Patrick, I'm Steve Cavino. That is Rich Davis, Danny g super producing. He's on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox getting contestants for Shack Diesel Trivia. We do it every Tuesday. We give away prizes, do some trivia. Sometimes Patrick Mahome stops by, but today I saw Whack Diesel in the hallway getting some coffee, so he'll be here in a second. I wos sae him on the ones and Tuesday, and that's Dicky Doodle Davis. What's up right, I hate when you call me that, but Dicky Doodle Davis. Anyway, I'm looking at the games for tonight. NBA playing games and one of them will spark your interest. The other would be a game you would watch if they paid you. Let me guess Grizzlies Warriors sparks your interest. Well, yeah, obviously you don't care about unless someone pulled the hawk out of a hat and that was the magic they had. Hey, rich, I I pulled out of my ass. That's the that's the magic that I'd watch. But other than that Hawk's magic, I think no funks. But I'm going to be glued to that Grizzlies Warriors game because listen, they could both make it. Obviously, the loser then plays the winner of the nine to ten, so they could both make it, and I think they both will make it. But I think for purposes of who wants to avoid ok s, yeah exactly, I think Houston should be worried if Golden State is the seven that faces them as a two seats. So that's at seven o'clock West Coast time, that's the late game tonight, So Grizzlies Warriors, I give that a thumbs up of Hawks and Magic. Yeah, I'd rather watch Love Is Blinds or something. No, you got at least have that one on in the background, show them some love. I'd rather watch that balloon popping show that I hear sucks. I rather, you know what that is? What's about that? I don't know if that's there. I'm out, I'm not. I'm not expecting greatness from that show regardless.
Speaker 3: What's about that?
Speaker 2: What's about that?
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 2: It's it was a as we're getting ready to play our game. It was a viral game on social media that they took to Netflix, and every clip I saw on social media was funny. I watched the first episode of the show and it's stunk. The whole point is all these women have like a red balloon. A dude walks in, and the minute they're like turned off by this guy, they popped the balloon. Yeah, remember they did that. They spoofed it with Charles Barkley. Yeah, so you know, some guy you know, walks in automatically two girls like pop Papa, I just walked in like I don't like your shirt. So it's so dumb, but this is a better game. Shack Diesel Trivia let's go.
Speaker 1: Whenever we say not to name drop, that means we're about to name drop.
Speaker 2: I'll name drop. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Not only our CNR friends with Tyson and mahomes hey man, they're also buddies with a big Aristonta.
Speaker 4: What's up this big Shack Diesel aka Shack Fu aka Shack Daddy. Okay, the big Aristotle. Guess what's done from seeing our Probably.
Speaker 1: Time for some basketball trivia.
Speaker 3: Basketball trivia?
Speaker 1: What he said?
Speaker 2: He's the great fat boys.
Speaker 4: Now breaking records for refisault radio.
Speaker 1: Shack Dzel basketball trivia.
Speaker 5: All right, f SR Security walking our broke shack food into the main studio.
Speaker 4: Here, what's up? You guys are big time now you guys. Hey, you guys are doing a real show, Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for getting up early. Hey, who's this guy over here?
Speaker 3: Who is this guy?
Speaker 2: That's Big Mike who runs?
Speaker 4: I thought that was Rick from Pawn Stars. I thought that was Shack.
Speaker 2: What was up with you at UFC with those dirty looks to that fighter?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I like that guy.
Speaker 2: I don't like you either.
Speaker 3: It's too early for this.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I heard your daughter likes the Dodgers. Yeah, she's got good takes the Dodgers too.
Speaker 2: All right, let's meet the contestants.
Speaker 5: Ten time winner Rich Davis right away, Let's go right, four time winner Spotty Boy, and Big Number five Feeling. The leader in the clubhouse is thirteen time winner Dan Byer, but he's gonna be on for us this afternoon.
Speaker 4: I just want to make clear there's there's nothing big about five, nothing big about number five.
Speaker 2: So with dB on the air this afternoon, that means sitting in for him is big.
Speaker 3: Mike. Hey, I'm a poor substitute.
Speaker 2: Mike's like the substitute.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go to the studio lines to see who's videos, who is gonna play for a c and our stayless Steel Swiggy.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike, I will use you for this.
Speaker 5: Would you love to travel to beautiful Indianapolis, Indiana, Saint Louis, Missouri, Orlando, Florida, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, or Tampa Bay, Florida.
Speaker 9: Ooh uh yeah. So my brother lives in Tampa, so let's go with Tampa. And it's always nice to have Florida man on the show.
Speaker 2: That's some fun times in Tampa. That is that is Wes in Tampa.
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Wes.
Speaker 5: Hey, Wes, Hey, Wes, are you there? I'm here there he is, Hey Wes. What do you do for living there in Tampa Bay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have a door, answer man, work for myself.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: All right, Here are the rules for Shack Diesel trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it on?
Speaker 4: All right, let's get this big Aristotle party started. The Warriors will be front and center tonight in the playing tournament. What's the name of their mascot? Is there a the Bay Burner? Be the City Scrapper or see they have no official mascote? Yes? Wow?
Speaker 2: Man who came to play? He jumped in on that he ain't playing no games? Look at that?
Speaker 5: All right, so big mic who doesn't run this place on the board As we moved around two All.
Speaker 4: Right, O'Neil. What was I once quoted saying about my speech? A I may mumble, but every word is worth a million bucks. B you couldn't hear my voice very well on the court, So I made the crash of the rim and the backboard my speaker or see. I had a stuttering problem my whole life. I still do. I'm just cool with it now. What did I want to say?
Speaker 2: Giving Wess a chance there? Giving you a little time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm sorry to.
Speaker 2: You with your name Wes.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I'm at that part I would say he said he did a talking with the back on the.
Speaker 1: Backboard back, no.
Speaker 2: Spot for the steal. I'm gonna go with a no losers stuttering my whole life, and I still do.
Speaker 3: I'm just cool with it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't answer after no, I feel like a Richard Our.
Speaker 3: She should get half a point for that.
Speaker 2: You guys be terrible, all right? So we moved around. A one was pretty good. We have a good good thing. Thank you. Big Mike is the only one on the board as we go to round three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Round three.
Speaker 4: The thunder one and incredible sixty eight games this season, they have surpassed the previous franchise record of how many wins A thirteen the eight or C four.
Speaker 2: Big Mike, trying to get the w See, no, what Wes?
Speaker 7: I'll go with the uh eight eight.
Speaker 5: Yes, Wes's on the board. Eight wins better this season than their franchise record. All right, halfway to a swiggy as we go to round four, Shaquille O'Neal.
Speaker 4: I loved watching Michigan's Fab five, which member of the crew spent his first two seasons with Denver and eventually made his way to the Pacers. Hey Chris Webber, be Jayalen Rose or see Juwan Howard?
Speaker 3: Oh, Big Mike, Jalen Rose.
Speaker 2: Yes, Big Mike, Big Mike.
Speaker 5: I can't believe fighty's run. Anybody is f SR history. I can't believe it, Big Mike. I can't believe you actually won a game. And would you love to have slapped you guys around or like to or Big Mic? Are you gonna keep this swiggy for yourself? You want to mail it to Tampa Bay? To West?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we should get it. Why don't we send that off to Tampa Bay?
Speaker 2: What a guy, Mike?
Speaker 4: Mike made you guys look stupid, like like when I shoved Dudley and when I Shovedudley.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just gave you the deadly treatment. I got to ask you, Mike, how does this compare to fun? Fact Mike was on supermarket sweep once, that's correct? Is this as fun?
Speaker 3: Oh? The way more fun? This is so much more fun than supermarkets. So you got to hang out with me?
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely right, that's for all the meats first, right, you know Jesus, you know, Shak, I do an impression of you by.
Speaker 3: That's terrible. That's terrible. It's a form of flattery. All right, Well, thank you guys. I'm busy.
Speaker 2: I'm too busy for the space right now.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Speaking of space?
Speaker 2: You speaking of your head right there?
Speaker 3: I got off this morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Spot, I'm glad you said space because something happened yesterday. Tell Dan Patrick has said stop you, he said space spot man Shack Keel is big boy. And there there's people complaining all over social media about Katie Perry, Gail King and that little space launch yesterday. I wait down playing face. You know they pulled the string and it just went into space. Well, I have thoughts on it that I think you're going to upset a lot of people. Oh, here we go, villain, and I'll upset you next right here. Commute on rich In for Dan Patrick Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: W APP Cool chilling with Shaq and the Lobby.
Speaker 3: What a guy.
Speaker 2: We bring the stars here on the show. It's the world famous Covino and rich Show In for the Great Dan Patrick. Always a pleasure. Thank you Fox Sports Radio Nation. Remember to check our regular time slot even today, but we're usually on Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. And you got to check out our bonus pod. Over promised you could watch it. You could watch the show. It's on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. All of our videos are there, but our bonus pod is there. Episode eighty seven with Coach Ballgame. He does kid sports. Well, that's a great guy. So if you know anyone who coaches Little league or kids sports, or you know someone that has kids in Little league, check out the interview send it to them. You can learn a lot from Coach Ballgame about sports and life. Steve Covino that is Rich Davis, Danny g Iowa, Sam Spotty, Everybody's here everything at Covino and Rich on social media and the number eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. What do you think the biggest problem in kids sports is being scared of the ball. Well, when I go to little league games to root on my nephew, there's always a sign that says, remember parents, the kids are watching. So probably overbearing parents, annoying parents. Coach ball game talks about those parents that stands at the fence and just bark out like bat up, hands on. You know they're not letting the coaches coach. Yeah, they're overstepping. So I imagine that to be an issue if there's signs everywhere at the little league field or assuming that you want your kid to get it right at six years old, like that is true. It's like they're six. You know, these are still picking their nose and eating it and you expect them to take baseball serious. So again, we're Cavino and Rich Live from the Mercedes Been Studios. Rapid Radios, the official walkie talking of the Dan Patrick Showy pushed to talk service with national LTE coverage requiring no subscriptions. Ever get them before bad weather occurs. Visit rapid radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. So earlier we were talking about the wherewithal of when and when not to have conversations, sort of being in the zone and not being tone deaf. I think this conversation we're about to have also has some don't be tone deaf sort of elements. Do it disagree?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Kindly? Okay, So yesterday you were making fun of me in the beginning of the show because you were trying to go off on something about the NFL or NBA or something.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but.
Speaker 2: Cavino, Katie Perry's about to go to outer space, and you're like, yeah, that's great, bro. You about Aaron's Judge And I'm like, yep, Aaron Judge could hold on. Katy Perry is and Gail King are about to go into orbit. Well, if you listened back to yesterday's show, day one of the Dan Patrick Hatrick, we were trying to get into the meat of the show, the fun. We're just trying to focus on the show, and you look up at the TV screen. Rich couldn't help himself, but notice what was going on. I was noticing too, like, wow, this is kind of weird. But Rich could not stop talking about it. And that's what was kind of funny. If you listen back, hyper fixated and freaking out about the fact that there was a rocket ship taken off. It was wild to watch. I'm king to downplay. It's like a huge penis shut into the air. It was very phallic. And then I'm picturing Katy Perry, like she's all one of those slingshot rides that they show on Instagram and TikTok where the girls boo oh, I get it. But she was wearing a tight suit of parent space suits, space pants, space space boobs suits suits. So what I'm saying is I was fascinated by just the whole nature of wow, like we're there, hub Bezo and I know Elon's got SpaceX. You you forget when we were kids before the Challenger exploded, which was a tragic day we all remember. I was. I remember being a little kid in like kindergarten, like they wheeled in the TV and the teachers were crying. Before that, we were in a space race. You remember, kids wanted to go to like astronaut camp and space Camp. It was a big deal. And then I went with this. I went to high school with this kid named astronaut Jones. He called himself. This whole mission was to make it into space someday. Great Tracy Morgan bit astronaut Jones. Now we forget that. You know, our parents generation, the Dan Patrick generation, right, If you know, if you're in your sixties or seventies, your childhood was we landed on the Moon. We landed on the Moon, US versus Russia. You know that was a big deal. And I said, even through the eighties, if you were if you were a kid of the eighties, if you're a kady of the eighties, you played Space Invaders and you were fascinated with the idea of remember, kids in school, what do you want to be when you're I want to be an ass I want to be a Jedi. And of course Star Wars. So space was a big deal. We took a time out for I don't know, like twenty five years, thirty years, and now with Elon and Bezos and all this stuff, independent companies other than NASA. It's interesting again because I said it yesterday. They went up for an eleven minute ride and I saw the funny meme of Katy Perry kissed the ground when she landed, and she was only gone for eleven minutes, and it's a picture of the astronauts that were stuck for nine months, Like.
Speaker 3: What's hereos.
Speaker 2: It's all to promote her new song, I kissed the Ground and I liked it. Yeah, don't laugh at that, man, I gotta laugh. I don't laugh.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves that.
Speaker 2: I don't laugh at that. Sam, Sam played the rim shot. Please go, it will be at a Givino's gonna be at chuckles and yeah, you're just mad you didn't think of it. So here's the thing. I got a kick out of it. I'm like, Wow, Katy Perry. And you know, then you saw Bezos tripping, you know, in the middle of the I gotta look this up. Still, you say, don't seen Besis? Was he running or something?
Speaker 3: Wise?
Speaker 2: He the pod? Get this, So before the the parachute comes out, they did a cool free fall and you hear the audio of all the women like Aha, that's scary. And then the parachute, you know, executes and they land and when they land, Bezos runs over to the pod and he falls and he trips. He trips in like a little ditch. Yeah, it went viral everywhere. But the question is this, there's been a backlash, a backlash. I would say about sixty forty sixty percent reacted like well, like normal people, not like Rich. Rich was a little over the top, as you could hear on the podcast yesterday, could not focus for a second. Oh that's pretty cool whatever, that's kind of cool floating around out. I'm just more intrigued where space travel goes in our lifetime, Like will the average person for the price of like a first place, a first class plane ticket like our lifetime, will will you be able to do this for a couple thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And we're seeing the start of that now, right, So I think yes. And the second part of it is the other I'd say forty percent of people led by celebrities like Emily Radikowski. She's in the beautiful Olivia something. For some of this is so attractive, she's so gross. There's a lot of people are like, yeah, like what a waste of a lot of money, Like you could have did a lot a lot of good with that money. Would you you went up there to float for ten minutes and what you did not look at the headline disgusted. Emily Radakowski slams Blue Origin Spaceflight. This is the woman that got famous because she danced Topples in a video for Robin Thick and then she like dissed that whole Robin Thick video. It's like she's so unaware they are making a point. I can't discredit the point they're making. It could appear to some a little tone deaf. It's like, Rich, I mean, maybe you are a little tone deaf, and that's why you don't see the other side. Good Rich. The other day, there's homeless people everywhere here in Los Angeles. Right. Rich went to McDonald's and he told us this story. His kids wanted the new Minecraft toys. You're like, you believe I had to buy the Happy Meals just to get the two you couldn't buy. You couldn't buy just your toy. So I was like, all right, whatever, So I bought two Happy Meals, but I threw them away. I said, I threw out the burger. I don't want I don't want to eat them. I want to eat That's great that you you spoiled your kids with Minecraft toys. That's fine, but you threw away the burgers. There's there's starving people in Africa, and right there Africa. You could have gave that sandwich to anybody. This guy throw it in there. You could have brought it here for Iowa Sam.
Speaker 8: When he told me.
Speaker 2: He Rich wanted me to say, man, Rich, you are the greatest dad.
Speaker 3: Look what you did.
Speaker 2: You went and bought them to You went and bought them the Minecraft toy.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: Instead, I'm like, well that was a real wasteful thing to do. You do the burgers away? You could packed them up and saved them for another day. You You couldn't have gave him to the guy right there who looks starving. You know. So I did a hobo assessment that were none inside tone dead. So I'm not I'm not on team Emily Radakowski, but I do understand. Right, So, when when the country is in a deficit and a lot of people who are broken, eggs are expensive and I have family members that are getting by checked by checks, and you have these people they spent millions and billions of dollars just to.
Speaker 1: Float around.
Speaker 2: On hold on, why didn't I have a question? But they could see her points holmeless people and eggs are expensive, Then why were you floating a sonoa in Mexico two weeks ago? Shouldn't you donate your money to theots?
Speaker 10: That's my but I also tried to make it seem like this was some grand thing for women, for all women kind like they was all women crew and they were on the cover of Vel and we're rich.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not mad about it either. I'm just saying for you to dismiss their point is odd to me, Like you you're you're angry to live about Oliviaman who's and nothing? But what about what about all the bad stuff that Taylor Swift gets.
Speaker 10: For taking planes, the environmental impact on sending a rocket up into space.
Speaker 1: To land it.
Speaker 2: They did nothing wrong, It's just fun. It's just optics, man. It's like, but the Earth was here before us. The Earth is fine, relaxed. You're acting like optics don't matter.
Speaker 5: Exc When Derek Carr on social media car reviews, he called it and he's showing off this brand new purchase he just made. It's the first ever electric Rolls Royce, and all the comments underneath are roasting him like bad optics, bro, Like you took that money from the Saints and you're not even able to play.
Speaker 2: So way, Derek Carr should act like a broke bitch above. It's just the timing. Derek Car's supposed to act broke because we broke here no optics. Optics again that the premise or the thought processes. You're stealing all this money from the Saints right now. We don't want to see you showing if you're overpriced car. It's just a bad look to the fans. Is Derek Carr doing anything wrong?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: He's doing his thing, So Kate a bad look to the fans. So Katy Perry's supposed to act broke because eggs are expensive. Yes, it's ridiculous to look incredibly toned. It's again, it's a sixty forty thing. She should have dropped free eggs from the rocket. There you go. I mean, are you good frozen turkeys? You could just watch it like I didn't say, all right, that's cool.
Speaker 6: What are you?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Are you not gonna die east eggs with your kids because they're expensive. I can't afford it your car. Just don't post it on the ground. Well, we'll see you guys tomorrow in the promise Land. Goodbye Goye,