Speaker 1: Hello, Hello there.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Mave?
Speaker 2: Mave? What's going on? Mave?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I am talking to a felon right now with face tattoos, and I cannot decide if I like him or not. It's very confusing.
Speaker 2: Where'd you meet this this young lad on tender? Okay? What's going through your brain as you're attempting to decide whether or not you like him?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: So the thing is he was in jail for seven years, and that's not really my issue with him, Like that just kind of makes it a little more interesting. Like my problem is when we are talking, like on the phone, he doesn't really ask me that many questions, Like he's kind of quiet. It's usually just me talking and then he like he just laughs because I'm funny, but he just laughs.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what so so far, you've only given me reasons as to why you might not like him. Do you have reasons why you do like him?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: He has a really good job. He works through like the coast Guard, and he's really sweet, honestly, Like when he does talk, he's really nice. He has a bunch of tattoos and I only have three. And I was telling him how I want more, and he said we should go get tattoos together. I'll pay and I was like, no way, and he was like, yeah, I would be six hundred dollars a day, which is an insane thing to just tell somebody how much money you make. But that's a lot of money. And that's not like the main reason why I like him.
Speaker 4: It is because he's sweet. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if like he just needs to come out of a shell or.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you do? We know what? He went to prison for.
Speaker 1: Firearms trafficking.
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 1: Twenty seven? So he's six years older than me.
Speaker 2: M How long have you been talking to him?
Speaker 4: For about a.
Speaker 1: Week and a half, I think, And he texts me all the time, like, even though he's like works a lot, he does text me a decent amount, even though like it's a little bit dry when he does, like he calls me sweetheart and darling and like all these really sweet things. So I just can't decide if like the being kind of dry is a deciding factor and whether or not I should stop talking to him.
Speaker 2: Uh, what's your name again? Mave? Yes, what do you want?
Speaker 4: Mave?
Speaker 2: What do you what are you looking for? What would make you? What in this life? What do you want? Are you looking for? Uh? You know, I don't know. Are you looking for like a partner to you know, a go go through life with and you know, grow together. Are you looking for just you're having fun, you're young, you're going crazy, You're meeting people, you're hanging out. What? What do you? What do you want? Mayve?
Speaker 1: There is a lot of things I want in life when it comes to like relationships, I just want to be loved like fully and wholeheartedly. I just want somebody who loves me and cares about me and would do anything for me.
Speaker 2: Someone who loves you, cares about you and would do anything for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he like shows me how much they love me, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, okay? Would you if he if if he brought you a giant box that was wrapped in gift wrap and you opened it and it was an illegally purchased RPG, would you be flattered by that? This is how much I love you?
Speaker 3: Look at this.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I probably would be kind of flattered by that extensive You just dropped like five hundred dollars to give me a bazooka. That's sweet, that's thoughtful, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Well this is tough, mate, because I really I I don't really want to tell you what to do with your life or what to value. But I would be very careful about letting. I would be careful about a few things. One is if this dude, if you've known this dude for a week and he's he's coming off, well have you have you met him in person?
Speaker 1: No, he's in Florida and I'm in Virginia. But he's only going to be there for a couple of weeks because that's like his job. He works in Florida for like a month at a time, and then he has three weeks off.
Speaker 2: Okay, But and here's that. I would be a little wary of somebody who you have not met, that you've been talking to for only a week, who's already hitting you with the darling and my love and the you know, it's a lot, it's a lot for you know, a week and a half. I don't like to use pop psychology with TikTok whatever you would call it, but are you familiar with with love bombing?
Speaker 1: I am, and I have definitely experienced love bombing quite a few times. But I don't think this is it because he's not like, oh, really praising me. He's just saying like sweet things, which I do like, Like, I feel like I'd be less inclined to talk to him if he didn't. Maybe that's on me. Maybe I'm used to being loved.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you've had experiences in the past where you've met people and they've come on very strong.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've had a guy tell me he loved me within like two weeks of dating, and then I broke up with him for that because that was just a little extreme.
Speaker 2: Okay, how did that? I was gonna ask, how did that end up? So you he so that? So telling you he loves you within two weeks is extreme, But you're not. You're not finding anything wrong right now with this guy who's uh, you know, hitting you with with all this stuff without even knowing you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we have like talked on the phone quite a bit, and he's told me like a little bit about himself. I feel like it's mainly me talking, which is like the issue. So I feel like I don't even really know him that well, which kind of sucks because like, he definitely knows a lot about me.
Speaker 2: Do you do you ask him questions about his life?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And when I do, he only responds with like a couple words.
Speaker 2: Maybe now you said that you're talking to him. He doesn't ask you any questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And though when he does, it's usually like kind of basic stuff like what's your favorite food, what's your favorite color? That kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So I do, I don't. I still don't. What do you? Why do you like this guy?
Speaker 1: Because he's sweet when he does when he does like talk, he says a lot of sweet things and he's nice, and it's like, I do find the face touched. He's kind of hot, even though I don't like the He has a monster logo on his face.
Speaker 2: And that wait he has hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. He has the Monster Energy logo tattooed on his face. Yeah, Jesus Christ math.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Okay, that is the only tattoo of his that I'm like, baby were on his face?
Speaker 2: Is it like, does it look like the zoo? Wait? Does it look like the Zuko scar?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 2: Like he's a scar across his eyes, but it's the Monster Energy logo.
Speaker 1: No, it's on his cheek, directly visible, like, not even on his forehead where it could be covered by some hair.
Speaker 4: It is out there.
Speaker 2: All right. Let's you want all right, you want to get We can get more into this if you want, because all right, you want someone that loves you. Let's do let's let's do this. Do you are you? Do you like yourself?
Speaker 1: I do like I think I'm pretty and I think I'm funny. I do have an issue with like in my personality sometimes because I've had a very rough life and I've been bullied a lot by my family and things like that, and so it can be kind I'm in real therapy too, so you don't have to worry about that. But yeah, so it's kind of a complicated issue. Like there are things that I love about myself and there are things that I'm still working on trying to appreciate.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, what's your real If you were to tell your real therapist about this guy, what do you think they would say or if you have.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I haven't talked to her about him yet. I think she would be okay with it. I think she would just tell me to be careful since he was like in jail before. Yeah, yeah, but I think she would approve. I mean, she knows that I'm, like, I'm much more likely to stop talking to somebody than I am to get into a really ship. So I think she knows that I I'm a little more careful than most people.
Speaker 2: Okay, because that's what I would say too. I'm not gonna be like, you know, never talk to anyone or do anything ever, but like, you know, do you think, do what you're gonna do, but you know, be careful. Don't get if this guy's you know, whisking up spells, you know, don't don't fall into his cauldron.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. I feel like he doesn't need witchcraft if he has all the fire arms.
Speaker 2: That's well. Because I also I'm a little weary about anyone who tries to like like I under okay, I under Here's the thing with like money and dating is like I understand money being attractive as a like symbol of just like competence, because competence is very attractive, and so like, you know, you want somebody who can like take you out every now and then and then you know, pay for things and just like be like it's a sign of a competent person to like, you know, have their financial life in order. But beyond that, when it becomes like let me woo you by you know, showing off you know, fancy things, and uh you know, or or or even worse, if you get into a fucking thing where like somebody's like bankrolling your life, and then that creates a weird dynamic between you two. You know, that's where I think that stuff gets a little weird.
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, I feel like I wouldn't let that happen. But a lot of the guys that have dated in the past, it's been like me paying for stuff most of the time. It kind of sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that. Yeah, so again, like if you're attracted to the money as a sign of like competence and like, oh, this guy has at least his life together enough that he you know, can support himself and and you know whatnot I understand that. But again, beyond that, it's not like we don't want you know, you move in with this like don't don't fuck it, don't do stupid shit like don't move in with this guy after three weeks and have him pay a the rent and don't do anything like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, why not Why wouldn't I do that?
Speaker 2: Why I you know, I can tell you. I will give you a reason why you shouldn't do that, because you should be That's because that's gonna be not beneficial to you in the long run, because you want to develop your own life and sense of identity. And you know, just as I said money, it can be this sign of competence. You want to develop your own life competence and your own financial wellness and these own things. You don't want just some dude from Tender to do it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a good point. I do have a lot of goals in life. I want to open my own bakery because I love baking and cooking and stuff. And then I also want to open a goth club because I'm goth and there's no like goth places, no spaces for goth people in my city, which is crazy because I'm in a big city.
Speaker 2: No, what's it? Can I ask? What? What's what's stay at? What city? Are you in?
Speaker 1: Richmond, Virginia?
Speaker 2: Richmond, Virginia. Okay, yeah, I don't know how many goths there are in Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hey, you should come to DC because I can make that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be there. I'll be the Miracle Theater sometime in September.
Speaker 1: I think, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, Uh, what are you going to do? I guess before we go? What are you? What are you leaning towards?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see if he comes out of his shell a little bit, because I feel like I can be kind of intimidating and it might also be like me just yapping a lot and not really giving him the chance to like really talk. I'll see if that's the issue. Like next time we talk on the phone, I'll be I'll be a little more like quiet and see if he's the one that like fills in the silences. Okay, but yeah, we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, if I need a wonder waff, I'll hit you up.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool is a.
Speaker 2: Wonder waft or wonder waffle? Hold on, I'm looking this up real quick before I get off the call. Okay, hold on, hold on. Yeah, it's a wonder waff, right wonder waff?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Well, if I need a wonder waft, I'll hit you up. This is a joke about the gun from The Mystery Box and Call of Duty Zombies. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: I got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you don't.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, the Mystery Box, of course, I know. It's the Mystery was game or Girls for like a solid four years.
Speaker 2: Okay, if it gets you a wonder waff, then you know you can live with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's understandable. That is verage material.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 4: Man, good luck, all right, I have a good day.
Speaker 2: I don't know. People are gonna do whatever they're gonna do. I don't know. I don't know shit. Because sometimes somebody will call me and be like, you know, hey, uh this is per I don't have an example, but some people will. People will be like, you know, I want to talk about like relationship or dating things, and in the back I don't. I don't like to overtly say it, but in the back of my mind, I'm like, I don't know about this. And then you know, I'll get a DM you know, two years later and be like me and this person are deeply in love and we're so happy and life's great, and I'll be like, well, what the fuck do I know about anything? So I don't know?
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, I you can give me a name, all right?
Speaker 2: Your name is Dan. What's up Dan? How's life Dan?
Speaker 4: It's it's going It's kind of rough right now, kind of stay at home mom. Not much going on?
Speaker 2: Well, Dan, how can I get you today? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I'm just kind of in a midlife crisis. I know, my my whole world fell apart, and I I just don't know where to go from here. I'm stay at home mom widow and I don't know where to go from here.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Well where are you right now? Metaphorically?
Speaker 4: I had to move back in with my grandparents just so I wasn't living alone. H And I have a toddler, So you have?
Speaker 2: You said? You have one kid?
Speaker 4: Two kids, two eleven and three.
Speaker 2: Eleven and three. How are they doing?
Speaker 4: Uh? They're doing good. Three year olds is a three year old wild tiddler and my eleven year old kind of went through it, but we're getting better now. It's been two and a half years since my husband passed.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: And what do you do for work?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm a stay home mom, right now that's kind of what I'm dealing with. I spent so much time helping people and kids and stuff, and I just, yeah, I'm just lost in what.
Speaker 2: To do for that. M h. What were you doing before you were a stay at home mom? Or was your husband paying the bills? He was?
Speaker 4: But I basically did just the typical jobs like HOUSEKEI being customer service, hosting, UH, liquor stores, dog store.
Speaker 2: Dan, let me ask you a crazy question. I'm gonna ask you a crazy question. Okay, just why not just fuck it all right?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 2: If you could do any if your life could look like fucking anything for money, forget about you have all of it. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna go ahead and say you could even bend the laws of space, time and physics. You can, you can, you know you can break the law in this scenario. I'm gonna give you that too. You can do whatever you want at all. What what would what would it look like? What would the life look like?
Speaker 4: You know, simple life, you know, like a ranch, working on it. My dream technically was to work on homes, but my age kind of I don't know if I'm too old to get into that into construction and working with homes.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 4: I'm going to be thirty two.
Speaker 2: You're talking, you're talking like you're seventy six years old.
Speaker 4: Well, when I told my grandpa, he laughed at me. He's like a woman at thirty two construction.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm genuinely I'm I'm by the way I want to say, I'm I'm simultaneously aghast and impressed that I told you you could break any law you want and have unlimited money and incorporate magic into this life. And you want to be a construction worker.
Speaker 4: That's very cool, right right, That's like the one passion that I have.
Speaker 2: That's phenomenal. That's great. So why is he saying? I mean, I'm telling you right now, I have absolutely no idea how one becomes a construction worker? Do you have? Do you? Do you ever looked into it? Have you googled it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's there is a college around here that has the program for it. Okay, And I've been thinking about that.
Speaker 2: What's stopping you from doing it?
Speaker 4: I'm a stay at home all with the tall the right now, and just I'm just kind of scared that it, Like if I do like to stay at home saying and do some schooling that it's just not going to go anywhere, but it's just going to kind of steal out since I'm a home all the time.
Speaker 2: That is tough. Now the three Now these children they go to school.
Speaker 4: Correct, not the three year old?
Speaker 2: Not the three year old.
Speaker 4: That's just kind of what I'm battling with you.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Have you looked into like is there is there are there daycares that that we can we can drop them off at?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: So that's what I was trying to figure out how to do like temp work where I could pay for that and school, but it just seems so much because daycare is so expensive right now?
Speaker 3: Mm?
Speaker 2: And you're living at your grandmother's house, right, Yeah, we just moved in here, and what's her deal was she doing?
Speaker 4: He just stays a home.
Speaker 2: I know it's a little difficult to ask for help, but could she help take care of them while you're at school? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They would be willing to. I guess it is just me having to just just do it, you know, like ask for it. I just I get nervous to ask for that too, because they already helped so much, you know.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmmmmm.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I mean, look, I'm just gonna say this with you. I was expecting. I mean, you have a very you have a you have a reasonable life.
Speaker 4: Goal, you know, right for sure?
Speaker 2: I like, it's not unfathomable for you to become a construction. The word your dad was at your dad, grandpa whoever he was, he was, he was acting like you were trying to become a fucking astronaut or something. Which look if that and look look if you wanted to do that too, I wouldn't. I wouldn't tell you you can't. But I mean, okay, so how much is it? Call? Can you? Is it expensive to go to school?
Speaker 4: I think I could get grants and stuff?
Speaker 2: Did you do this ship online nowadays?
Speaker 4: Construction?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would think that some of it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like, I mean ninety percent of it is schematics, right, you're you're you got to plan the ship before you build.
Speaker 4: It and stuff. I'm a little worried about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you looked at have you looked into it? Can I can? I say? Can? I? All right, I'm gonna say another thing and tell me. And I'm not trying to put words into your I'm just tell me if is it, tell me if this is accurate. Okay, I'm not trying to make assumptions about you in your life, but is this a path that you have avoided extensively researching because you dismissed it as not even feasible at the very beginning before even researching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little I kind of was discouraging myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, guys, I'm just saying if you get over that hump, because that I feel like this happens to a lot of people that uh, you know, we talked to one here, and just like in general, it's like they'll want to do something, but they'll like count themselves. They'll say it's impossible before even you know, doing a Google right right, right, So I guess I ask you to before completely writing yourself off Google Google around. You can sit on the couch while your kids run around and knock things over and hit each other and google stuff right right.
Speaker 4: And I did look at the average Oh sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go ahead and go ahead.
Speaker 4: I did look that the average construction manage it manager is like forty two forty five, So there is time to like build up experience and stuff. I would I would.
Speaker 2: Hope, dude, you keep you are literally you talk about yourself like you're seventy six years old. You are not seventy six years old.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not teventy six years old.
Speaker 2: So like I guess, I I hope, I hope if you if you get anything out from this phone call, it's too at the very least like not like write everything off before you know giving it a shot, you know, right, because you might because just that there might be there literally could exist programs for people in this situation like yours, grants, scholarships, this thing, that thing, but you're never gonna find out about them if you're starting position is I'm seventy six years old, I'm too old to do this, and I'm just gonna kind of not do anything, you know, So you got to give you got to give yourself a little bit of motivation to at least look into it, because you might find, oh, this path exists, I could I could hack it this way, I could hack it that way, right, you know, but if you write yourself off and then you know you're not gonna be.
Speaker 4: Able to do any of that, right, That's that's true. It's like I think he was thinking of it like me lifting beans and stuff, being like a roofer. But it doesn't have to be necessarily all of that. But I think you're canna lift the beam.
Speaker 2: You can lift a bean? Wait, what's a bean? What do you mean? Like literally beams? Beams? Yeah, beam, you can lift beams? Are still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: All right, we we Brandon. We're probably gonna cut this part. You know what, Brandon, you don't have to cut me saying what I'm saying right now out of the podcast. But literally, there was before you. I called you. I called you back. This is how the podcast works now is people text me stuff and I call them back while I'm streaming. And I tried to call you back because I thought your story was interesting, and you denied my call because you thought I was a spam caller. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: See, you got that's that is? I got no go ahead, what we're gonna say?
Speaker 4: No, I just I couldn't believe you called so soon.
Speaker 2: I honestly, like, all right, I believe that even that that's like a microcosm of this entire situation. You gotta open yourself up to the possibility that, you know, maybe it's not you know, someone from Social Security calling to collect. Maybe it's a gecko, you know right, Maybe I'm not seventy six years old. Maybe I can go be a construction worker. Who knows. I don't know. I'm just saying shit, I'm crazy.
Speaker 4: No, I love it. I feel a lot better talking to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good. Give me a shooting. Update me. If if something that, send me an Instagram DM or whatever. Update me. I'm curious about it. If if this, uh, if you find something, send me an email in ten years and be like, you know what, I'm a construction worker. And because you know you motivated me on the phone call, I'm gonna build you a free house. Definitely send me that email if you want to that.
Speaker 4: I definitely will. I'm always watching too, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I would love to live in a free house or or or or or you know what. Ghek, You've motivated me on the I'm gonna build a statue in your honor statue. Sorry I put that part in, but I I can't undersay that I said in front of your baby. Is that a baby?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a taller. He can't hear you.
Speaker 2: Okay, he doesn't know what anything is? No, Well, what's your name, Dan? I gave you the name Dan, Dan. Any anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, or anything at all about life or death? Anything?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I I'm just happy you called, and I feel a lot better. I'm going to say that to myself that I'm not seventy six years old.
Speaker 2: Good, good, please do please do do it. Yeah, dear God, I mean really, I was expecting you to be like I want to live in a magical castle and have eighty trillion dollars.
Speaker 4: But no, I'm pretty I'm pretty humbled. Good, I'm pretty humbled, Dan.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I keep listening. I love it, love your show.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, take care, good luck, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you by.
Speaker 2: Listen. I don't I'm not going to claim to speak baby, but I think that he was talking shit just now. But I'm gonna forgive it because he's a baby. He don't know better, he doesn't understand what he's saying. He doesn't understand he's challenging me to a fight, which I will win because he is a child. All right, Thanks for calling dan.
Speaker 3: Uh say, Lyle, Yeah, who is this hey?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: It's Isaac, Isaac? I sack, what's up? What's going on? I did? What are you gonna do about it? A?
Speaker 3: Nothing? That's actually what my brother says all the time. They respect around and tells me.
Speaker 2: That, what's your relationship like with your brother?
Speaker 3: Man? We love each other?
Speaker 2: What do you love about each other?
Speaker 3: Well? Well, we've did for each other. We helped each other out, you know, when he was going through a rough time, I let him stay in my apartment. When I was going to college, he let me stay at his place every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Did you do something? Because you sound even shittier on my morning.
Speaker 3: Walk, it's the cars backing by. So I'm gonna go find a bench right here at the park and just sit down and talk with you.
Speaker 2: What's the last nice thing your brother did for you?
Speaker 3: Oh? This this weekend, we do a birth Well, I guess you didn't do it for me. We's a birthday party for our other brother.
Speaker 2: Okay, the last nice thing that your brother did for you is throw a birthday party for someone else.
Speaker 3: No, like me and my brother, we threw a birthday party for our other brother.
Speaker 2: Wait, I mean, that's nice, But what's the last nice thing he did for you? Let's it's you and him working together to do a nice thing for someone else.
Speaker 3: Huh, that's a good question. I didn't think about that because he doesn't live here with me, so I don't pe him all the time. Huh hmm, you got me thinking about that.
Speaker 2: I have to say something. If you can't think of anything, it sounds like your brother is a total asshole. No, I'm just kidding. What how did the what's the last nice thing that you did for your brother?
Speaker 3: So my brother I bought his baby onesie. It was kind of it's a dick move because he's a Raider fan. So I got a baby a Charger onesie.
Speaker 2: Yo, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, man.
Speaker 2: I do you think he's gonna wear it?
Speaker 3: Oh? They already put it on him.
Speaker 2: Nice nice?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So you and your brother threw a birthday party for your other brother. What had the birthday party go?
Speaker 3: D They went it went really good? We uh, well, what of my friends? He decided to describe my brother and got him like a keg. I don't know if you know what a keg is.
Speaker 2: You don't know if I know what a keg is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I don't want to do bro, I don't.
Speaker 2: You're such a wholesome boy. I don't know if you know what a keg is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what a keg is. You said that we got a ca and yeah, we we got a keg. We partied nice. One of my friends really drunk.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Some one who actually got the keg ended up being the most drunk at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: Who who all was there? Who always at the party?
Speaker 3: Well, my brother, his kids, which is about five of them now. They just had another one in January, my sister and her two kids, my cousin who's like a brother to me because we grew up together, my other cousin, and then we had a whole bunch of friends come over in total, about twenty five ish people.
Speaker 2: Isaac, does anything, Does anything ever go wrong in your life or you? Because you seem like you're living like a really picturesque existence, and I'm wondering if that's a charade.
Speaker 3: No, no, man, I mean things obviously go wrong in everybody's lives. I mean, right now, I think right now I'm staying with my aunt because you know, housing prices are really bad. Yeah, so yeah, and I live in California, so you can imagine how expensive stuff is out here.
Speaker 2: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 3: So I work as a consultant for a special education company.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're like a mister Rogers guy.
Speaker 3: Uh not really, it kind of it's boring. I did. I used to like my other job for because I used to actually work with people directly, but I left it and now I'm here. I left it because they were paying more money.
Speaker 2: Here. Do you work directly with the kids or you can you tell other people how to do it?
Speaker 3: I basically tell people how to do it, like basically just formulate education plans. I still talk with them directly, but most of the time it's just making game time to them.
Speaker 2: Okay, but at the old job, you worked with the kids directly.
Speaker 3: With adults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with adults. Well I thought it. I thought this was a uh this is special education for adults or for kids.
Speaker 3: Well it's special education now because the company that I'm working for, like it's mostly working with like i EPs and like in the school system.
Speaker 2: Now, I like, how you make this assumption that I know what an I E. P Is but that I might not know what a KEG is.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I e it's like an individual it's like an individual education plan. Okay, Yeah, basically it's required by the state and everything. And I just help out, help out wherever I can. And yeah, I mean in the past they used to work directly with people. To not anymore. I used to like that better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a people You're a people person. What do you say you sit on the computer all day?
Speaker 3: Well, the beautiful thing about this job is I don't. I don't have to do it all day. Yeah, I just work like three hours a day.
Speaker 2: What do you do with your time? What do you do when you're not working?
Speaker 3: I pitch has, I get to the gym, I go on walks all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I just you know, take it easy. It's kind of no why I missed. It's the interaction of talking with co workers and everything.
Speaker 2: What do you what's your dream, Isaac? What do you What do you want out of this life before you die?
Speaker 3: Huh? That's a good question. What do I want? Well? Hm, I guess I want to help my dad complete his vision, like, because he's building a house right now in Mexico and I eventually want to finish it for him. I guess, like have have fun so he can finish building it and then maybe they'll live out there myself.
Speaker 2: This is you said in Mexico or New Mexico, Mexico. So your dad's building a house over in Mexico. You want to go help and finish the house and then maybe you'll live there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he lives he lives. He lives like fifteen minutes from the border in San Diego. So he works in San Diego and lives in TJ and just commutes over.
Speaker 2: Oh he lives and TJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad lives in DJA.
Speaker 2: What's going on over there? Last time, I no offense to you know, Tijuana. But the last thing I heard about Tijuana is that there was like a crazy level four do not go there thing.
Speaker 3: It depends on where you go. And if you go just you know, go dick around, obviously it's gonna go bas for you. But we don't. We don't usually go do that. We usually just go just to go, you know. So hang out at the house, all right.
Speaker 2: Do I hear birds chirping around you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I told you I'm at a park now, I.
Speaker 2: Know I know you're I know you're at a park, but for some reason, I just feel like there's always birds chirping around you wherever you go.
Speaker 3: That'd be funny.
Speaker 2: But do you speak any Spanish?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm fluent in Spanish. Oh no, actually one of the reasons. Yeah, I can read it right or speak it.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Do you know anyone in you? Are you? Are you married? You have a girlfriends?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I got out of a long term relationship about a year ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, how's it been since you got out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been. It's been good, you know, just trying to advance professionally, trying to get my own place again, and you know, just move forward.
Speaker 2: Are you going to try to find a wife in Tijuana?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? Probably not?
Speaker 2: Probably not on the apps?
Speaker 3: No, I really go on the apps. I prefer to meet people in person.
Speaker 2: Have you would you ever if you saw like somebody that that caught your fancy at the park, would you would you go over and start talking to them? Do you have that? You do? I'm sure you do.
Speaker 3: You sound look good, very okay? You know.
Speaker 2: Has it ever led to go ahead? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: People always say it's very cheesy to ask somebody or tell somebody how the weather is. But it's a really good conversation starter. And if people want to talk, Like, if people want to talk, they'll find a way to continue talking. If they don't want to talk, they'll find a way to shut it down.
Speaker 2: It's true, It's very true. What I'm very curious, Uh, what is the longest string you've gotten from beginning a conversation talking about the weather too, going deep enough that you're talking about you know, feelings and relationships and legitimate things.
Speaker 3: Longest string? What do you mean by that? Like the longest conversation that has stemmed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like where where is the conversation? Where to give me somewhere that the conversation is stemmed. Give me an example of of a deeper conversation that you may have had that stemmed from asking about the weather.
Speaker 3: Oh, so one it wasn't. This one didn't stem from the weather. This one stemmed from playing chess because here at the park there's like these little tables, yeah, to have like the chess logos you know, talking about of course, Yeah, And I was I was playing chess randomly to somebody, and then somebody just came over and just said hey, can I play a games? And we ended up playing a game and we just ended up talking chess, and then we ended up talking about like their life, and yeah, we still we still talk every once in a while, like we exchanged numbers and everything, and I still see it. I'm walking around time of time, I say Hi, Hey, how you doing, How how's your son? How's your dog? You know, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Have any of these park interactions turned into anything long term or meaningful? Not even romantically, but you friendship wise, you know, I mean no, not.
Speaker 3: Like any serious friends like that I've known growing up. Nah, just like I would call it like exterior just people that I know around, no little details about them here and there, but nothing like serious like oh come over like to my house and have a beer or two now, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: How old are you man?
Speaker 3: How old am I?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Nice? I'm turning twenty seven at some point? Yeah, well are you excited to go? To go ahead?
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you what do you like? Just to kind of change change topics, like what are your what are some of your hobby like outside of being a gag and streaming all the time. Yeah, he keeps saying that once in a while, how's that going?
Speaker 2: It is going actually very well for two months, and then I took a trip to Thailand and I did not go to the gym or eat correctly at all. There's a funny thing where, like, you know, your brain convinced yourself like, oh, you know, you're you're in a foreign country or you know, traveling, like you know, yeah, you don't have to stick to a strict diet. But like I was, I was in Thailand at seven eleven eating kit kats. You know what I mean. That's not like, that's not like, oh I got to sample the local cuisine while I'm here. You know, this is unreasonable. But anyway, hobbies, I mean, I don't know. I go to the gym, but I don't know if that's a hobby so much. I like to walk around. I'm really into Fecitive, Super Smash Brothers, Melee, but unfortunately that that community only gets smaller every every year. I like video games. I'm playing my Switch all the time. Uh yeah, nothing crazy, you know, I'm made. Honestly, my biggest Most of my hobbies are like marinating and anxiety and traveling around and and doing doing this Gecko stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember I got a stat with Smash Bros. For a while. Remember when the when they came out with those little statue.
Speaker 2: Things, yeah, the ambos?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember. I went like a little a little binge for like like three months where I bought like a whole bunch of them and I just got them up to like a max level that you could possibly get them up to.
Speaker 2: You went on an ambo binge?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's extremely funny. What's your prize to me?
Speaker 3: But it's a link?
Speaker 2: So you've exeled a guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I like I like not Zelda like the game, but in Smash Brows, I'm a big fan of using link. I haven't played it in years though, ever since my switch broke, I just didn't get another one.
Speaker 2: So all right, Zach, we're on a podcast right now, we're talking to some We're talking to at least one person who's listening to us. What do you want that one person who is listening to this conversation right now to know? What do you want? You have open ears, held hostage. Okay, what do you want to put in them? Oh?
Speaker 3: I guess something that's really enjoyed me because I listened to sports podcasts the Pat McAfee show all the time, and they always talk shit on F one. So if somebody can clip this and get this to him, it'd be perfect. I know you don't like I know he doesn't like F one, but I know he's a big motorcycle guy and he could get into Moto GP. Moto GP is amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't know the way the thing that you want to tell everyone listening to this podcast is to tell one guy that he should get into racing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they always get to me. I've been listening to Pat mcazee for like, all right, all right, and like he he like, they always talk about F one F one, F one F one is boring. But the way I don't like F one person.
Speaker 2: You know what, I respect that. I respect that. A lot of people they're like, oh, you know, go live your dream or you know, uh uh, be kind to one another. You know, they say a bunch of bullshit, but you're like, hey, this one specific sports pod cast or I want him specifically to know that he should get into F one. So I respect the specificness of your answer to that question. Anything else you want to say, Isaac it's been nice. This is a good chit chat sometimes this show it's about stuff, but also it's fun to to just chit chat, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess the one last thing I'll say is everybody just have a great day.
Speaker 2: Okay, you did it, you got one, you did one of those?
Speaker 3: Ye did? Everybody, just have a good day. And you know, if you twelve weeks, if you drink, okay, have a drink.
Speaker 2: There he is. Who's this guy? Where's this guy been? This whole call?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just trying to keep it cordial. All right, Well, yeah, I get Thanks for hope you hope you have a great day YouTube. And when are you coming back?
Speaker 2: When am I coming away?
Speaker 3: California? Southern California?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I'm doing a show in Los Angeles in November at the Masonic Lodge.
Speaker 3: All right, cool, I'll keep an eye out for those chickens.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. See you there, man, Take care alright, great one. That's Isaac. That's Isaac.
Speaker 4: Can goes on the line taking your phone calls every night, goes to his h's teaching you loud your life.
Speaker 2: But he's not really an expert.