Speaker 1: Hi, guys, it's Jen Fessler from I Do Part two. So the holidays can be hard for singles and actually for couples, but I am talking to you party of one, and my suggestion is to give yourself permission to indulge. If you feel like going out with friends and making bad decisions, go for it. If you feel like staying under the covers with peppermint Bark and Bailey's and reality TV, which is my personal favorite, go for it. This is the season for indulgence without guilt. If you don't want to be around people, if it's a little depressing for you, then I suggest you give into that impulse. Fomo can be turned into jomo, which I call the joy of missing out when you do exactly what you want to do. Remember, the holidays can be the most fun and challenging, So you make yourself happy this holiday season. Be with friends, be alone, spend a little too much money, eat a little too much chocolate, and enjoy your holiday.
Speaker 2: Love to you all. Hey you guys.
Speaker 3: It's Kelly Killer and Ben Simone And here is my single survival kit for Thanksgiving Friendsgiving twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: My survival kit starts.
Speaker 4: With self care, I'm really really into self care. I know that people are like, I'm gonna do a yoga clans and be self care.
Speaker 2: I'm talking real self care.
Speaker 4: I'm talking like writing down things that you want in your life, writing down things that you love about yourself, writing things down about what you love about another person. Really just putting it out there. What you love, like, who you love, why you love, where you want to love, like where you want to live with that person.
Speaker 2: Just really put it out there.
Speaker 4: Because if you put it out there and you write it down and you start talking about it, that is when people are like, oh, she really is looking for love, or she's really looking for this kind of partner, or she's really looking for that. And then when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner and people are like, so are you getting married, are you dating?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: And you're just be like I am in my dating self era, and you can there's nothing wrong with being single, and there's nothing wrong with.
Speaker 2: Taking care of yourself.
Speaker 4: And if you just put out all that good energy, you will be so shocked at what's going to happen, because that's literally I was like having the worst worst time of my life, and I was just just like I'm just gonna do something for myself. Just take time for myself, and I mess someone great. So take time for yourself. Self care is real, It's really really real.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's your favorite single gal Louise giving you some advice for surviving the holidays. Typically a tough time when I was freshly divorced, when the kids were young, it was tough to get into the holiday spirit. The kids were out of town for one of the weeks with their father. I could barely bring myself to put the Christmas tree up. Then I forced myself to change my lens. I bought point Settias, and I went to Target and bought amazing holiday smelling candles, and I would put my favorite music on and make an amazing vision board of all the things I was going to manifest in the new calendar year. And that would put a smile on my face. And then the kids would come home. And one of the things that was always front and setter on my vision board was that the next holiday season, that I would not be alone, and that I would be in my chapter two.
Speaker 2: Some years i've had that.
Speaker 5: Other years it's been me doing my thing with my friends or my family, and I've learned to get excited about the holidays and feel very christmasy and open to what the next calendar year was going to bring.
Speaker 2: So happy holidays.
Speaker 6: Hey, susannoles here and Kathy Swarts.
Speaker 7: And we just want to give you a little tip for getting through the holidays this year. Just in case you're, say, bringing home a new guy, be gentle, introduce them to your family easy, don't shove them in their face. But if you're alone and you're missing somebody, try to surround yourself with friends or family if you have any, and just be kind and be thankful that you're still here.
Speaker 6: And my advice to you all is be grateful for any time you have with your family, Enjoy the memories that you've had from pa holidays, try to create some new ones this year. And you know what's the best recipe for getting through the holidays. Get some exercise.
Speaker 7: And you know what else, here's some other advice. It's okay to go out and go be with friends or go to a restaurant, to a movie. It doesn't matter what you do.
Speaker 6: And it's okay to sit by yourself and maybe sit the holiday out, maybe cry, maybe watch a sad movie.
Speaker 2: It's okay because.
Speaker 6: You know what, there'll always be another holiday and you're gonna get through this, Just get through it triumphantly the best way you can.
Speaker 7: And it's just one day.