Speaker 1: What's up, everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of The Fantasy g GI Marcus Grant along with Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. I don't even if it looks like that on everybody else's screen. I just pointed to the one it works out, had no idea. All right, cool, I'm glad that worked out. It is a Thursday. We are hanging out with you for the next half hour or so. We got plenty of stuff to talk about. Our movie of the week. We dip back into the nineties for Backdraft. I pulled it out just because after Donald Sutherland died last week, I'm like, let me go back to one of the movies that's not you know, he's not a star in it. He's not the main character, but it is one of his really fun performances and really does tie in the movie. So we'll talk about that a little bit later. But fellas, how are we feeling on this Thursday? Summer is officially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is here right like, it's it's feeling good.
Speaker 3: It's getting hot, like I had to pull a loud shirt out today, man, Like it's still good, looking good and uh yeah, except with you, Floria.
Speaker 4: Look the Met's just swept the Yankees. The Knick's got Michel Bridges and og Ananobi. It's a good time to be Blue and Orange fan from New York right now. So I had to break out the Lindor's shirt. And uh, it's not often we get bragged to get bragging rights over Yankee fans, so that that's big. And then I know, Marcus, you got Otani hitting a home probably just hit another one right now.
Speaker 1: You might have just hit another one right now.
Speaker 2: It's funny too, because the dude has like twenty five home runs this season. I mean, he's been amazing for the Dodgers. And my wife is like, how come I've never seen him hit a home run. She's like, he's hit twenty five home runs, I've never actually seen one of them. I'm like, how have you not? Like I have the games gone at home pretty much every night.
Speaker 4: It seems like a herd problem.
Speaker 1: I mean, it kind of is.
Speaker 2: I keep trying, you know, you know, the one game we went through this year, he didn't I don't even he had a hit. I think he had a walk, but I don't think he got to hit. And then like the next day he hits two home runs.
Speaker 1: Of course, thanks bro. You couldn't have You couldn't have hit one of those the night before. That would have been nice.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but no, speaking of you wearing the Mets gear tonight or today, I should say, I know the Mets Braves rivalry is a long standing one. You got it's a little bit of beef on on Twitter with the Braves mask. Please please explain to the viewing audience what exactly happened.
Speaker 4: So for those who don't know the Mets, uh, Grimmace throughout a first pitch like a week or so ago, like probably over two weeks ago now, and then the Mets have been the hottest team in base insane. Yeah, like they won seven in a row and then they have not lost the series since. So Mets fans and the Mets and McDonald's itself are like going all in on this, like mister Mets on the McDonald's profile and stuff. So Blooper, who's ever even heard of Blooper was clearly all goes to a Donald's post a picture and says Grimace, renounce your blessings of the Mets, and my life is yours. And I quoted that and wrote a social team really sound signed off on this, and then they took shots at me, being like you must be the engagement expert. We get more engagement than you. And then I sent back one that was like Grimmace knows who his real friends are with mister and missus met and then it kinda ended there. But I thought about I thought about throwing another shot this morning, all like the Empire State Building and everyone is tweeting about Rimis. I wanted to quote it and be like Blooper right now with the meme that's like, you get in there and you make this about yourself. Should I send that shot or should I let this die?
Speaker 2: I think you probably said it die, although I mean I don't know. I don't know ifverybody even chat has any idea like does he does he fire the shot? Or do we just sort of let it go? I mean, it's June twenty seventh, what else really.
Speaker 1: Is going on? Toxic? Send the shot again, Mike.
Speaker 2: I gave my engagement and I'm like, yo, it's June. Roman says to send it. He's like, full sin, you know what's happening. It may happen right now. We're on the draft. Uh u yep Susie. Susie says, you gotta do it. Do it for the plot. Yep, it's happening right now on He's got He's got it in drafts. Yeah, it's happening. This is an all time moment. Oh my goodness, it's since it's out there. Oh man, dominates all about it. Send it, Let's do it, full sin, It's gone. That's wild.
Speaker 4: That's a random beef, though, I will admit when they responded to me, I was like, WHOA. Like I thought I'd send out a tweet and that would be that, and and know they and and somewhat a friend of mine like messaged me and they were like, they're going kind of hard. And I was like, I had to remind myself that it's a mascot.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh man, this is funny. We're beefing with mascots and this show. I feel like the show has made it. It's like Peter Griffin versus the Chicken. The Chicken, yeah man, which, oh that is an all time. That is an all time I guess we should answer some some fantasy questions. Uncle sed Uh Ted Williams, the Splintered Splinter wants to know is Kimani Vidal a must draft your thoughts of Ques.
Speaker 3: If he's late in those drafts, like late late rounds, we're talking double digits. I'm acquiring him, you know, at all costs as a running back with potential to step up. You know, you have two guys that have face injury history, so I think he's like one of those guys you do want to have on your rosters.
Speaker 1: I've been drafting him a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't know how uh I would say this floor is the backfield too crowded? With Gus Edwards and JK. Dobbins there, I mean, how does this work out?
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 4: Maybe this is a flaw in my thinking, but I've kind of been treating JK. Dobbins like he doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Yes, like like I know.
Speaker 4: He's there and he's gonna get some volume and stuff, but like all of these series, maybe if he looks the same in training camp, but as of right now, I'm like, coming off of all of these severe injuries, I just think the the the ball is heavily, he's behind the eight ball whatever. The expression is. The only reason I don't find myself with as much Vidal is because like Ray Davis goes around him Marshawn Lloyd kind of so like I've been spreading out my rookie running back share.
Speaker 2: Even even if Daniel Jeremiah was tweeting the other day about how fantasy managers should draft JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins that that influence.
Speaker 3: That is nasty work there, No, not for fantasy, not reliable.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're not We're we're down on d we're fading DJs advice talented JK.
Speaker 3: We love the story, but no, we've been burned. I'm not waiting for a year five breakout, like I'm not losing sleep.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's just too many. It's devastating injuries. I think is more than more than anything else.
Speaker 4: So speaking of people who were did you see Tom Pelisaro had Austin Eckler on in Saturs yesterday and Eckler was like, expect the usual and look, I know players are going to say that, but I thought what was most interested about it was he was like, I had the high ankle sprain in week one, landed on the IR, I came back, I immediately sprained my other ankle. Yeah, So that to me was kind of like, maybe he does deserve a pass for what happened last year.
Speaker 1: Oh, I fully believed that.
Speaker 2: I felt that way, Like I felt like he got hurt and then he rushed himself back, and I ever, I didn't know he hurt his other ankle, but I definitely got the sense that he wasn't fully healthy and that he came back quickly for tooaanons one to help the Chargers, but also because he knew he was hitting free agency and he had to put something on tape. So I fully believe that my issue with Austin Eckler in Washington is just that they may not use him the same sort of way that the charge Yeah for all those years.
Speaker 1: So that's it I did.
Speaker 4: I don't expect him to get the same usage like he did with the Chargers, But maybe I'm wrong in this. My read has been like the thinking has been that Brian Robinson will be the goal line back, and I get why, Like you look at the two, he looks like the goal line back, But like, are we forgetting that Austin Eckler was the best touchdown scorer in the NFL for a multi year stretch.
Speaker 2: He's a touchdown monster, yeah for sure. Although I still have been drafting Brian Robinson. Yes, speaking of Washington, Craig wants to know, do you think Brandon. I think Brandon, I you come guessing, will be going to Washington or stay. I don't know about Jall.
Speaker 1: I think he's staying in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: He's staying.
Speaker 1: He's staying.
Speaker 4: I hope he leads.
Speaker 1: I know you do. I get it.
Speaker 2: He was, like, you know, chatting with his old college quarterback Jaden Daniels or whatever it's about.
Speaker 1: They don't want me.
Speaker 2: But if you're the forty nine ers and you're trying to trade him now, you don't get anything close to I think fair market value for a guy like that, not at this point in the summer.
Speaker 1: So you figure it out.
Speaker 2: And I know, I know right now Brandon is salty and I'm waiting any day now for the Brandon on. You can scrubt all the forty nine ers references from his social media like it's gonna be hit next week, right that that train is never late, that's coming. I think they will work it out. They'll figure it out, even if it's a short term thing. But I just I don't think he's leaving San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Me neither, because I think if you're the forty nine ers. Like I know, the thinking is always like, we can't let this guy just walk. We need to get something for him. But you were a touchdown away from winning the super Bowl last year. Like if you if you comes back this year and you win it and then he walks, it's still worth it.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, exactly if you get the rink and the job, that's all it is is this is.
Speaker 1: This your burner?
Speaker 3: LQ No, Well, the Randa get TC kind of like Miami last year. Perhaps, I don't know. I mean, I feel as though this offense is healthy now. I feel like you got Matthew Stafford. He's not paid yet, but they might. They might be one of those sneaky guys that sneaked through the playoffs against that people were scared of last year.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think this is definitely a good team. I think I think the Rams are going to be very competitive this year. I think in fantasy what you're looking at obviously you know Puka, you got Cooper Cup, you know Hyron.
Speaker 1: I've been drafting Blake Korham. I I like de.
Speaker 3: Marcus Robinson's like one of my last picks in drafts. You know, install I think I got.
Speaker 1: Him in one or two spots.
Speaker 2: I've been drafting Matthew Stafford, So they are going to have some pieces for sure, you know. And I think they're all spread out to like you've got you got the high end guys like Puka and Cup and Kyrone. You got guys who are a little bit you know, our priced a little bit better like Stafford and Robinson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I think the Rams are a good fantasy option for sure.
Speaker 4: They're injury prone Miami like that or injury in Miami. If they stay healthy, yeah, they can be off. Like last year when he got healthy and that thumb heeled down the stretch, they were one of the best. I kept telling you, LaQuan, like, I think you guys can go to the super Bowl. Like that's how good you guys are you actually?
Speaker 2: Like I was like, yo, we can please, please don't gas him up, please don't.
Speaker 4: I love that Stafford. So as long as he can stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's sort of it, right. They got to keep him health because that's the thing. If if Stafford gets hurt. And I know that you could say this about most teams that their starting quarterback. But I think, especially for the Rams, if Stafford gets hurt, it's gonna be rough.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we got Jimmy g said, if Stafford gets hurt, it's going to be rough.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be rough for them. That's our problem. Matt Bubar asking why would the Rams move Kyra into the slot?
Speaker 2: They already have a pretty good Matt, don't buy into these like wide running back and don't don't buy into it. It's a it's a lie, it's a practice, it's a fairy tale. It's like every year there's one or two running backs like, Oh, he's gonna work in the slot, he's gonna run pass routes. And it's like, yeah, that guy maybe like you know ten, Like I'm not, I just I've I've stopped buying into that. That story at all interesting. One hear from Kid Phantom regarding the podcast Yesterday, which is out now. You can download it and check it out. Name for the Colts version of The Brotherly Shove The Colts could the Colts name could be the.
Speaker 1: Goal line gallup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's better because I actually the only one I had come up with was like the Naptown nudge, but this is way better.
Speaker 1: This is way better.
Speaker 2: Indian known as the Naptown Yeah, like Indian nap o list. Okay, yeah, I was like, no, but goal line gallup is way way better.
Speaker 1: Gone gallup is that's that's way better for sure.
Speaker 2: Before we get out of here, you know, we got to do our Florio Film Festival entry for the week.
Speaker 1: I mentioned at the top of the show.
Speaker 2: Donald Sutherland, after a long illustrious acting career, died last week.
Speaker 1: And so just after it happened, in our text chat.
Speaker 2: Friends of mine were quoting his lines from the movie Backdraft, and I was like, oh, we should watch back Drive.
Speaker 1: So nineteen ninety one. A whole lot of people in this movie.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, William Baldwin is sort of the star, him and Kurt Russell, Robert de Niro, Donald Sutherland, Jennifer Jason Lee, J T.
Speaker 1: Walsh.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it is a who's who of sort of like early nineties movies, And so I don't know I would say this Florio. It very much felt like a nineties movie. And at the beginning, I'm like, oh, maybe this doesn't hold up, But by the end, I'm like Okay, this movie still holds up pretty well. I don't know how you felt about it. It felt so nineties the entire movie.
Speaker 4: I was like, Yo, you could have You did not have to tell me that this was made in the early nineties.
Speaker 1: I just would have known love.
Speaker 4: I didn't know young. I guess young at the time. Robert de Niro was in it, and he's one of my favorite actors of all time, so I was really excited about that. When when Brian first showed up and he's not the firefighter yet, I was like, who is this Tommy DeVito guy coming on right now? And then he ends up being the main character. I liked it. I will say I thought the storyline at times was a little confusing, like who they're going after, who the bad guy is and all that. I also, I watched it in multiple parks and I had softball time wrong last night, so later than I anticipated, so maybe I need to give it a second watch through. But it was The action was good and everything. The only thing I'll say is one of my best friends and former roommates is an FDNY firefighter and their life is not nearly as exciting as as this movie makes it out.
Speaker 1: To be no.
Speaker 2: I mean like literally every moment they're like off to a regularly huge five level.
Speaker 4: That's my note of the whole.
Speaker 2: I mean, according to this movie, the of Chicago is under constant threat of inferno. You know, that's the whole away from this movie. So apparently, according to Capital Live, back Draft use real flames. Well yeah, I mean this is like the early nineties, so they weren't cgi ing stuff like that. I mean, so there's a lot of practical effects. Yeah, for this that's very dangerous. If I if I remember right, I know, Universal Studios, you know the theme park had like a back draft stage show or attraction or something like that. I want to say that I went there like in high school, and I just remember it being shocking, ungodly hot wow inside of there because there was like actual flames going off.
Speaker 1: I know. You love nineties movies, You're like nineties.
Speaker 3: Music movies to me, Like, I noticed some things that shouldn't be funny, Like the movie kicks off very diabolical to me, man, because you had the young kid, Brian I believe his name is his dad blows up in a building his hat dropped right in front of him, and then you had the paparazzi guys shooting a photo two inches from his face, Like, yo, this.
Speaker 2: Is the real face right of the entire movie, right, what, Like I haven't thought a child sadness.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: It did make me realize though, that when you see pictures on like a newspaper, like that's how they come to be. Like I've never actually thought about that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, I thought it was interesting, Like you know, like that part happens and they flash forward to twenty years later and like Brian is just a graduated from the academy and his buddy Tim and he got burned, and then they go to a building and like like if you live in that building, this is literally the worst day of your life, right, Like your house, your home is up and flames, your possessions are being destroyed, and here's this one kid.
Speaker 1: Is like, yeah, this is the real deal. Let's go Like it's not a line.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, I mean like he was treating it like, you know, he got tickets to opening down, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: What are we thinking?
Speaker 2: You know, you got people on the side who are like in tears because their lives are just destroyed.
Speaker 1: Is one kid's like yeah, that's a fire. Whoa that?
Speaker 2: And apparently like firefighters just smoke like chimneys because they all smoked cigarettes, smoking.
Speaker 4: A cigarette after a bar in the building.
Speaker 1: Like right right, what is happening?
Speaker 4: Nineties five fighters? Look when they were running in and save those buildings, they were their pockets weren't empty.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for some of that. Yeah, oh man, that was wild.
Speaker 2: So I will I will go out on a lymp Floyd and say, of the movies we have watched, this one's probably at the bottom. I mean it's it's I guess I'm not saying it's terrible, but compared to the other movies we have watched, this one is definitely not up up to par with the rest of them.
Speaker 4: You know what. I'm happy you said that, because I always feel bad ranking a movie low because I'm like, it's you wouldn't be recommending it if you didn't like it or something like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it came forward for me admittedly, Like I saw this in the theater when I was like fourteen, I'm like, this was like pretty dope, right like nineteen ninety one, Like I went back, I haven't watched it in years, So I watched it yesterday. I'm like, yeah, yeah, I can see how fourteen year old media this movie, like I.
Speaker 5: Get yeah, definitely one of those movies that if I saw it in ninety one, my feelings of it would be a lot different than seeing it in twenty twenty four, when movies have come.
Speaker 1: A long way exactly, so my feeling, my feelings aren't hurt at all. There it is.
Speaker 4: And I told you that I don't think anything's touched in Godzilla minus.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean that one's probably that was that is the one, dott oh one without a doubt.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love this from mister Scamper's It's no Big Trouble in Little China. I love that movie. I'm not if you want to go out and watch Big Trouble in Little China, like either one of you, just on your own, like I fully recommend it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna recommend it for this thing, but favorite movie. I don't know why. It's cheesy.
Speaker 2: I mean it's cheesy, it's corny, like it's not a great movie, but it is a fun movie, like if you are not of sound mind, like on a Friday night or something like that, like Big Trouble in Little China is a lot of fun to watch, but I'm not gonna actually it's it's a Kurt Russell classic. Uh big old Jack Burton heading through Chinatown like it's amazing. Uh, not gonna recommend it for that. I will, however, because I was talking about this movie the other day. Have either of you guys seen.
Speaker 1: R R R.
Speaker 4: No, I've heard of it. You actually, you and Hytham have discussed it many times over lunch and I have yet to see.
Speaker 2: Then this is going to be our next film for next week. It's on I believe it's still on Netflix.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Somebody was asking me the other day and one of my side hustles where I do some radio, ask me what kind of ridiculous things I'd like to do in my life that I've never done, And I said, I'd like to be in a Bollywood film and r R R with the kind of the movie that that I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Just google and yeah, oh it's Bollywood film.
Speaker 1: It is a Bollywood film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fact, it's subtitled it is in in Hindi I think. And but it is like it is like the ultimate story of friendship with action and music.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, punches a tiger in the face.
Speaker 4: I had to watch in college a lot of Bollywood movies because media studies and all that, so I appreciate those movies. I'm down to.
Speaker 2: Yeah watch, So there he goes, that's next week's movie. It's gonna be our r r uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah we will. We'll be back next week. Actually no, not in two weeks from because we're off. Yeah, that's right, We're we are dark next week, folks.
Speaker 2: We got the fourth of July holiday coming up next week, so we are taking the entire week off. So you got two week, which is good because it's kind of long. It's like three hours. It's three hours long.
Speaker 4: It's gonna take me to full two weeks.
Speaker 2: I when I watched it the first time, I watched it in two sections, like I you know, I watched the first half, I paused it, I went to sleep, and then I got up and I watched the next half. So we'll talk about that in a couple of weeks when we are back on there it is.
Speaker 1: Here's everybody in the chat.
Speaker 2: The chat was buzzing today. We appreciate you hanging out with us a whole lot. It's been really great energy on this show. We are grateful for all of you who've been able to kind of jump in and participate. I know I've talked to the people who say they watch this pretty regularly, and so I'm certainly thankful and grateful for all of them and for all of you as well. So that'll do it for this edition of the Fantasy cheat Sheet. Shout out to Susie. I know you have to somehow try to edit this into multiple shows. Godspeed, We love you, we appreciate all your work. For the rest of you out there, enjoy the weekend, stay out of the heat wherever you are, enjoy your Fourth of July holiday.
Speaker 1: Everybody, we'll talk to you again real soon. Everybody. Thanks