Speaker 1: Glad you're with us for another edition of Bills by the Numbers. We let the stats tell you where the Bills are at.
Speaker 2: Coming up?
Speaker 1: Where do the Bills ten new drafted players all fit on Buffalo's roster? Will assess are there any day three players who could compete for a major.
Speaker 2: Role, and we'll have our one burning question. Lace them up, people, it's time to hit the field.
Speaker 1: Here's Bill's Wallafa receives taskerund Bills, played by playman Chris Brown. And here we are in the middle of the spring, and the Bills have ten new players via the draft and probably about thirteen more of the undrafted variety on the way to one Bill's drive for rookie Mini Caamp beginning on May seventh, and we thought it only appropriate to project some roles for some of the newest Bills and their potential to make contributions in their first year in the league. And it would only make sense to start with an overarching look at the draft class. Here steve six players on defense, four on offense, and a special teamer in the twenty twenty six Bills draft class. What is the defining theme for you.
Speaker 3: With this group for the Bills when I think about the draft class now, I think I'm still fresh off the seven trades, seven picks turning into ten picks in the meat of the draft, doing exactly what everybody wished they could do in this draft leading into it, and then when they did it, being a little bit distraught over how it went. Not distraught in the players they picked, but having to sit through the first round and not making a pick was really excruciating for a lot of Bills fans. Trading back three times and still ending up only at thirty five I think was masterful. Getting the Bills to the top of each round instead of the back of each round was total, a total boon to how this draft class came down. So I think right now I'm still thinking about him as a whole and how the draft went for him and the Bills handled the horse trading of this draft and masterfully. I think raze to be seen how the players play. But man o, man, they did a nice job working this draft.
Speaker 1: It was probably, and we've said this on the Daily Show too, one of Brandon Bean's best efforts in positioning the team in an advantageous way to better dictate how the rounds unfolded. In the draft with those trades that he made. And then if you look at the class in terms of the people acquired, I think there is a theme that runs through the majority of the class, and that is either a speed or b just pure athleticism. Like even the left tackle they get in round four is an athlete. You can watch two minutes of his tape and see that Jude Bowery is an athlete even though he's six' four three ten or three. Fourteen and then the vast majority of off the ball players are speed, demons and that was a point of emphasis For Brandon bean in the personnel. Department SO i would say speed and athleticism were probably the two big biggest things that stood out for me as.
Speaker 2: We assess what each of these players could be.
Speaker 1: In year one For, buffalo it only makes sense to start at the top and Edge RUSHER.
Speaker 2: Tj PARKER.
Speaker 1: Gm Brandon bean said plainly at his post draft press conference that the starters at Edge rusher Are Greg russo And Bradley, chubb so we Know parker will be rotating in behind. Them how do you feel that arrangement Impacts parker's?
Speaker 3: Development one thing IS i don't think he has as much to develop as maybe some of the other guys in the. Class he seems more, polished more well rounded than most of the guys in that edge rush most and you AND i were both victims of this, too AND i agreed with. You we wanted one of those guys that could just run past guys on the edge who wanted to fa got one of those four to five guys at two forty or whatever this, pick AND. Tj parker seems like. Run he's a three down defensive, guy run, game pass, rush and he's good with his, Hands he's good in the nuances of pass. Rush he can he has a bigger menu of moves in the pass rush that he can go to. Now SO i think he doesn't need to develop. Anything there's no void in his game that we're, saying, gosh if he can do, this then he'll be really, good or if he can develop, that he'll be really. Good he's good. Now he's gonna be a solid pro right out of the. Gate SO i think that's one thing that stands out ABOUT. Tj. Parker very high, floor and there's still some development to be, had no question about. It but this is a guy that's gonna plug in and be looking like a five year pro right out of the.
Speaker 2: Gate he has a repertoire of pass rush moves.
Speaker 1: Already and if you think about, it When Greg russeau came out and he was the thirtieth picking the draft for The bills at the bottom round one back in twenty twenty, one he was a one year. Starter AND i think to a large degree a guy who had to learn on the, fly AND. Tj parker going to have to do. That he's a three year. STARTER i, mean this guy was a Freshman All american At. Clemson he was on the. Field as soon as he walked onto.
Speaker 3: The, setting he was, saying defensive records so.
Speaker 1: Rookie, yeah and he's only made his game better with each passing.
Speaker 2: YEAR i, agree he's a three down.
Speaker 1: Player he's probably one of the better all around pass rushers in the. Class to your, point he walks in with a high. Floor the question is what is his ceiling or what can his ceiling? Be that'll be up to him to a large, degree BUT i see him getting on the field and being the first edge rusher off the bench Behind rousseau And. SHOBS i, mean we're Assuming Michael hoyt's health at the beginning of the season is going to be a little bit in, question knowing he ruptured his achilles in the Late, october so the timetable there is still very much up in the, AIR i think forgetting full medical.
Speaker 2: Clearance so short.
Speaker 1: Of Michael hoyt being full go week, One parker is probably your third man in at edge.
Speaker 2: RUSHER i think fellow.
Speaker 1: Second round Pick Davison igbinosen is in a similar, boat THOUGH i think he'll have a bit greater chance to compete and Push Max. Hairston bean stated The Christian benford And harriston are the starters outside at least in, pencil so much Like, Parker igbinosen is likely the number three corner. Outside but might his physicality steve get him on the field against some past catching tight ends as a, rookie perhaps assuming those in front of him on the depth chart are.
Speaker 3: Healthy, YEAH i think his speed and his, physicality his. LENGTH i think he's one of those guys where you, Know Jim leonard and his staff they're gonna sit there, like we gotta fine way to get this guy on the. Field we need that out. There he's significantly bigger Than. Max not that that's the be all end, all but it does give him a little more similarities To Christian. Benford then you have two kind of big rangy corners on the, edges AND i just think it's gonna be that kind of conversation around. Him so, yeah he's gonna be on the field or just, off just off the, field first guy on right. Away because of his speed and because of his, physicality he. Went he he's developing. Fast you can see it on the. Film in twenty twenty, four he had twelve penalties on him PLAYING. dB he's a real, handsy physical you gotta kind of get kind of work you wrestle away from him as a wide. Receiver but you only had four this last. Year four penalties twelve down to. Four that's. Progress and he still stayed physical and you know he's that kind of played the same. Way so, YEAH i think if that trend, continues, yeah he's he's gonna be on the field.
Speaker 1: Right and you, know we have to wait and see What Jim leonard has in store for the back.
Speaker 2: End but if you go through.
Speaker 1: His playing, history he's used to playing with, big physical. Corners you, know whether it Was Chris McAllister In baltimore or the guys.
Speaker 2: He played with with The.
Speaker 1: JETS i, Mean reeves was not a, big physical, corner but he was a pressman guy that got in your. Face igbinosen will probably be utilized in a similar. Fashion AND i just mentioned pass catching tight ends because if you Have harriston And benford outside and you need a third guy on the field because you know you're going up Against Mike gasiki and you need a, tall long player that's physical and can cover a pass catching only tight end like, THAT i think it could turn To igbanosen as an. Option they'll probably have other, options BUT i Think igbanosen to be an option. There offensive Tackle Jude, bowery wide Receiver Skylar, bell Safety Jalen. Kilgore we're all taken in round, four and it might prove to be a very fruitful round in this class a year or two down the. Line let's start With, bowery who has very good, feet suddenness and you see it in his. Kickslide Steve bean said he'd be lined up as a swing tackle, first with possible opportunities at guard. Second who do you think is most threatened By bowerie's presence on the roster.
Speaker 3: WELL i think he's automatically in competition for left. Guard If, jude in my, opinion If Jude bowery walked because you watch him on film and the dude's an, athlete if he walked in today and, SAID i want to be on the. Field which position gives me the best? CHANCE i want to be. THERE i want to be on the. FIELD i want to be a. Guard if it takes, THAT i want to be either. GUARD i want to be either. TACKLE i want to get on the. Field what DO i have to do to get? There and which position is? It they would, Say, okay you're. In you're left. Guard you know he's that kind of athlete you watch him. Play he is athletic on the edge at left. Tackle he's his, kicks his ability to get up and off the line of scrimmage at the snap and get in front of the pass. Rusher it's elite at that. Level it's high. Level he is athletic side to side as a. Tackle plus he's he's over three hundred pounds three point. Fifteen he can. Anchor the guy's a really good. Tackle what gets him in trouble once in a, while is, extending getting a little bit over his. Feet but those are technique issues that are easily coached out and drilled out of a. Guy you, know you get drills where the guy does this and he gets used to doing, it and then he never all of a, sudden he never makes those mistakes. Anymore that's kind of thing you're looking at With Jude. BOWERY i think that. Guy that guy is AN nfl offensive lineman and he's a quality starter at some if not this, year in. Future, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Think he's a direct threat To Tyland grabil for the swing tackle.
Speaker 3: Role oh for.
Speaker 1: Sure Tyland grabel has had tough time staying. Healthy there's a lot of potential, there but he can't stay on the field Right AND i think it's one of the Reasons bowery is. Here Ryan, vandermark as we, know signs elsewhere on an offer sheet With. Minnesota he's not here, anymore and he And grabel battled for the swing tackle. Job it ultimately went To vandermark last. Year Because grabel's on ir again in his second. Season SO i think there's genuine concern That grabel cannot stay healthy for a full regular. Season so they needed somebody else in the. PIPELINE i know they Have Chase lunch who they drafted in the sixth round last, year but he's got short arms and might project to guard ultimately in that. Competition SO i Think bowery's got a legitimate chance to win the swing tackle. Job he might have the best feat of the backup players right now to play tackle Behind dawkins And. Brown and then you come to the guard, thing and it's, like, okay, well right, now his skill, set he is a far better pass protector than he is run, blocker because to your, point he gets out over his, skis he doesn't know his, role his hips and you, know and he loses his drive power because he sits up and he's playing too high and guys get into his chests and stand him.
Speaker 2: UP i think it is easily.
Speaker 1: Correctable And Pat, meyer the new offensive line, coach who is a disciple Of Aaron, kromer is going to teach a lot of the same, techniques along with assistant offensive line Coach Austin, gunn who is still here in a holdover from last year's offensive staff and learned Under kromer as.
Speaker 2: Well a lot of.
Speaker 1: The same techniques are going to be taught, here and if he's quick on the, uptake, yeah maybe he does factor more into the guard, conversation which is a competition that's probably going to be had With Alec anderson and maybe the veteran free agent Signing Austin. Corbett so we'll have to see how that all plays. OUT i think at, worst he's the odds on favorite to be the swing tackle, here which is saying, something, yeah for a fourth round draft.
Speaker 3: CHOICE i would. AGREE i would agree he's gonna be in the, mix And i'm there's no doubt and people would, say of course he'd better, be but, YEAH i don't think there's any. Question he's going to be on the roster on game. Day he's going to be active for eighteen weeks this, year if not on the.
Speaker 1: Field, BELL i think is a player who is most likely to have a role right out of the shoot In buffalo's receiving. Corps it's a receiving corps, that Beyond, khalilshakir largely underachieved last season and is looking for players to be available number one and produce number. Two and this kid is all about. Production so how do you see his role unfolding in the scope Of buffalo's passing.
Speaker 3: GAME i think it's gonna be interesting to see that Because buffalo's offense is a wagon and it's all you, know the wide receiver room is all anybody ever talked. About and even with that conversation going, on they're scoring more touchdowns anybody in the. League they're they're lighting it. Up so it's hard to find Say i'm gonna pry myself in here And i'm gonna get nine or ten targets a. Game you just don't see it.
Speaker 2: Happening, yeah almost nobody targets a, game.
Speaker 3: And if you, do it's once a. Month you, know you'll get ten targets this. Week next week you get three just because somebody else gets. Ten it's, this you, know the everybody eats mentality is still a prevalent, here and you still got the same guy pulling the. Trigger so, Yeah Skuyler bell is gonna be a part of the mix going. FORWARD i think he, too is gonna be on the field in on with a game day. Uniform he's not gonna be. INACTIVE i think you're gonna have a hard time keeping him off the game day roster and out of the. ROTATION i, mean he's gonna be maybe the third or fourth guy in on in the. Field on the, FIELD i think AS i.
Speaker 1: Mean right, now if everybody's healthy right, now you look at the pecking, order the only two people you can definitively put ahead of him right now based on pass production and being a proven producer in THE nfl.
Speaker 2: Are shakira and Kin.
Speaker 1: Kate there's nobody else on the roster that has proven themselves in A bill's uniform to the point where you.
Speaker 2: Say, oh that guy's way ahead Of.
Speaker 1: Bell AND i Know bell hasn't done anything in THE, nfl But Kean coleman his.
Speaker 2: Production has been a mixed.
Speaker 1: Bag Joshua palmer has not been healthy in his first year as A, bill didn't do.
Speaker 3: A whole, lot So Nicole, hardman same.
Speaker 2: THING i, mean you go.
Speaker 1: Down the pecking order and it's, like, really It's shakira And. Kinkaid it's the only guy is you can definitively put.
Speaker 3: Ahead of HIM DJ Dj moore still AND Dj moore probably is is up.
Speaker 2: There he's probably.
Speaker 3: Third and here he gets credibility because of his career numbers and the fact that he brings. It he's a.
Speaker 1: Pro So bell has got an outside chance to be the.
Speaker 3: Four, YES i mean he really. DOES i think that's probably where you got to plug him. In at least in the passing. GAME i would put him ahead of any of the, backs and probably ahead Of Dawson.
Speaker 1: Knocks but who's more of a role. PLAYER i, mean they're all gonna have roles, obviously.
Speaker 3: But that's it you're looking.
Speaker 1: At And belle's playmaking, Ability, YES i think he's going to give him a, reallysatility.
Speaker 3: His run after, catch his separation. Abilities that's we talked about it on The Daily show in the post draft. Conversation if a guy has the ability to show up where he's supposed to show up in the pass, route on time and by, himself quarterbacks throw you the. Ball they throw you the, ball and that's What bell. Does he gets, open he's in the right, spot and he's on, time and usually he's, alone and.
Speaker 2: He makes difficult catches as. Well.
Speaker 1: Uh caleb El, arms or THE tcu, linebacker is a heat seeking. Missile he reminds me a lot Of Dorian williams when he was a third round pick out Of toulene a few years. Ago arms or runs four four. Seven is a student of the, game but key and diagnosed, skills according to some, reports may require some. Refinement knowing the game moves faster at this, level but linebacker is a thin position For buffalo in terms of proven. Players so he's kind of in a boat with a handful of other. Guys so what's realistic for?
Speaker 3: Him he's this Year's Dorian. Williams he'll flash and do some. Stuff it's, like, hey look at, that and then you won't see. Him he'll HAVE i think he will have a hard time getting on the field for regular down and. Distances he's a special teams player at this point because of his just his, athleticism speed and his ability and. Physicality you mentioned. It his one thing that he's got to fight against is the same ONE i had WHEN i was a young. Player you just got to know. More and when he gets to know the defense and gets to know what he's supposed to it was the suspected of him in the defense and where the offense is probably going to attack the defense that we have, called he'll get a lot. Better but that's where he. Is that's where his question marks.
Speaker 2: Are if he's time on the.
Speaker 3: Job he needs time on the, job and he needs some film, study he needs some mentorship about, hey look for, this look for, that and when this, happens look for this and do it without thinking right. Now and at, COLLEGE i think AT tcu he was see, it go get. It and even if he takes a wrong, step which he does once in a, while his speed is such that he can overcome guys at the college. Level when you take a wrong step in THE, nfl there's no recovering from, it so he's got to get around.
Speaker 1: That, YEAH i agree with most of. THAT i would venture to say it wouldn't shock me in the least if we get to the end of the twenty twenty sixth season And Caleb larmzor is your leading tackler on special, teams, right it wouldn't surprise me in the least because he is that. Athletic but, YEAH i think it's going to be time on the job and. Reps he's got stuff to, learn AND i think he's capable of absorbing that and then applying.
Speaker 2: IT i just think it's going to take some.
Speaker 1: Time round five And South carolina Safety Jalen kilgore might have been the steel of the draft For buffalo in terms of. Value Brandon bean told us On One Bill's live that even though Kil gore has experience in the, slot is a nickel, corner he's going to line up at safety first for The. Bills this is an interesting pool of talent now at, Safety, steve you have vets who were signed in free, agency now a young player in Kil. Gore what's your assessment.
Speaker 3: THERE i think Kill gore is a lot Like Jordan hancock was a year. Ago a guy who's physical at another fifth round, pick and you know you can plug him in either. Place and like Kill, Gor hancock ended up kind of playing mostly. Safety didn't get on the field, much Did handcock BECAUSE i think of the complexities of the.
Speaker 2: Defense he also had a shoulder injury and.
Speaker 3: Injuries SO i think those two, GUYS i, think give you an. Idea to, me they're almost.
Speaker 1: Identical AND i think from what we've, Heard hancock is going to be in the nickel corner conversation for competition with D, alford who was signed in free. Agency more and more it sounds as Though alford And hancock are going to be the nickel corner candidates to Replace Tarren, johnson which Leaves kilgore as the only young player back there with the likes Of Cole, Bishop Geno, stone C. J Gardner, johnson And Damar. Hamlet SO i don't think there's any question that Kil gore might be the most athletic and most physical imposing safety of that. Group we Know bishop's a starter at the one. Spot it's the other spot that's. Open you would think week one it's PROBABLY. Cj Gardner johnson and the other safety. Spot but If kilgore proves to be quick on the, uptake he is a physically here are your player to CE.
Speaker 2: J Gardner, johns.
Speaker 3: He's a six one two ten, guy, yes and very. Athletic so it'll be interesting to see what they do with him and he's So i'm with, YOU i it's gonna be interesting to see how they soar through. That and with the safety position in the, PAST i don't know how it's gonna be With Jim, leonard although he played Safety Jim leonard. DID i don't know how much he puts on their. Plate but whatever he, does he's gonna be able to coach those guys up because he actually played the position at a high. LEVEL i think that is the real. Question which of these guys digest the defense the best and which one the coaches trust the. Most, obviously they want the best athletes they can, get but it's got to be somebody that they can. Trust so all these guys are kind of in that. Ballpark Jordan, Hancock Chason, Kilgore Gino, smith The, Gino, Yeah, Geno Geno. Stone all these guys are athletes and they bring something to the table, Physically so it's gonna be whichever one makes the fewest mental mistakes and can help everybody else on the defense play a little better as.
Speaker 1: Well Penn State Zane durant is a player with the same body type is At oliver sixty one two ninety and he's a penetrator just Like, oliver but at two hundred and ninety, pounds there is a chance he gets bounced around a bit in THE. Nfl with the players in front of him on the depth, chart it's hard to see him being.
Speaker 2: More than a rotational.
Speaker 1: Piece but this is a guy with ten and a half inch, hands and he usually wins with those big mits up.
Speaker 3: Front RIGHT i think, this right, NOW i think best case for his rookie season until we find out about. Him but if he can rush the passer from the interior, spot excuse, me if he can rush the, passer that's what he's going to. BE a pass rush specialist specialist for this. TEAM i think that's his role and that's what they envision for. Him he is a little small for the run, game but if you get into a place where it's fifty to fifty run, pass you still might plug him in out there thinking if they do pass, it he'll give you a pass. Rush but if it's a run game or rundown AND i don't, know they might they, might that might be a matchup teams would go right At.
Speaker 1: Yeah AND i think also you have to take this into account. Too Ed oliver has missed a lot of playing time in the last two years due to, injury and when he is absent from that, front it is noticeably, different particularly from a pass rush, perspective because there's no one to respect for interior rush.
Speaker 2: When Ed oliver is off the.
Speaker 1: Field, Now i'm not Saying Zane durant is At, oliver but he has a similar skill set and if he can demonstrate on, film even in a part time, role a rotational role that you know he can push the pocket a little. Bit you can no longer just ignore the interior on pass rushing, downs even If Ed oliver is out of the.
Speaker 2: Lineup, now that might be.
Speaker 1: A best case scenario For rant as a, rookie but perhaps in time he can prove to be a valuable rotational piece on rushing on pass rushing. Downs the seventh rounders were Cornerback, Torreano, pride Punter Tommy, doman and guard ama J Reed. Adams what's interesting about this trio of late round picks is it's not hard to see a way for each of them to land on the fifty three man. Roster who do you think has the best chance of that?
Speaker 3: Group the, PUNTER i think he's.
Speaker 2: Even with a veteran on the Roster Y Mitch, shnow.
Speaker 3: YEAH i think. So he's got incredible hang. Time the one Thing wishnowski brings to it is he's got the full repertoire of, punts you, know The aussie, punt the, coffin.
Speaker 2: And he kicked off late last year, too don't, forget and When prater was dang.
Speaker 3: Right And doman can do that as. WELL i think he's an easy one to say hard to put a draft pick out there and not use. Him, yeah we'll, SEE i. Think and plus he did it At. Michigan he's he's From mischi getting punts in the cold. Weather you, know this buffalo thing is not gonna last. Year, yeah he's not going to be a big deal for. Him so, yeah and uh. Yeah So doman is the guy that you can, Think, okay you people are gonna know his name because he's the. Punter he's gonna come. OUT i think the other kid that may have a shot at it because of what came out after the draft and and them Taking igbinosen. Early Torreona Pride junior might find his way onto this, roster particularly given what we've seen in the. Past somebody's gonna be, Nicked so he's gonna be a guy that they're GONNA i think his athleticism and his speed most, importantly is going to give him a chance to get on the game day roster in a normal week when everybody's, healthy so we can cover kicks right away or do, that but stay ready to go on the. Field his speed is unbelievable and so that gives him an. Edge the punter's first gonna, play BUT i Think pride might have a chance to do enough so that on a week when you don't expect him to have to take reps at, corner you're gonna get a lot of value out of him on special.
Speaker 1: Team let's remember What brandon mean said at the end of the, draft cornerback they felt was their most present positional need in terms of lack of. Depth that's one of the main reasons they Drafted pride in round, seven even after Drafting igbinosen On day. Two he's got four to three to two speed To steve's, point and if that's still a thin, position and this kid has a physical skill, set and, look this guy played major conference. FOOTBALL i mean he finished up At, missouri BUT i believe he was At clemson before. That so he's saying major conference football against some of the best talent in the. Country so it's not going to be too big for him even as a. Rookie he's got the elite physical traits that you talk about.
Speaker 2: Out speed chief among.
Speaker 1: Them but you know he tested well also vertical and all, that so he's explosive as.
Speaker 2: Well HIS i could see.
Speaker 1: Him let's not forget, This, steve you lost a gunner And Cam lewis in free agency To.
Speaker 2: Chicago you need a. GUNNER i think this guy's at the front of the.
Speaker 1: List put him out there on punt coverage and go get the punt.
Speaker 3: Returner and plus a kid with, speed that kind of, speed you could plug him into a lot of different roles in the. Secondary if he's up for, It you're not going to get a guy's not going to get over the top of. Him he's got makeup, speed even at the at THE nfl, Level so, yeah he's going to acclimate very, QUICKLY i think because of his ability to. Accelerate so, YEAH i Think pride is a guy that could be a guy you, know he's gonna be that guy you're gonna see him for like a handful of, snaps defensive, snaps even as a rookie throughout the, year when a guy needs a break or you, know comes off the field for a snap broken or. Whatever he might be the kid they plug in if you can get to the point where they trust him to that. Level but, yeah special teams is where he would start because because of the fact that they picked Big, Benosen they've Got, Benford they've Got Max harriston.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 3: Mix it'll be interesting to. See he's gonna have to pry his way in. There you usually keep five six, Corners, yeah you need to keep. Them he might be number, five or he might keep ten dbs for game day if they all have a. Role, yeah that's that's the.
Speaker 1: Guy even though it is a hard roster to, MAKE i think even the late round players at the very least have a good chance to be On buffalo's.
Speaker 2: Practice squat practice.
Speaker 1: Squad we spin it over now to the numbers, game Where steve will be quizzed on draft pick.
Speaker 2: History here we, Go oh my, god question number?
Speaker 1: One on Average steven The Brandon beans draft era twenty eighteen to twenty twenty. Six we're not counting this year's draft plass, through just so you, know on, average how many draft picks make the initial fifty three man roster over the course of Beans his drafting since twenty, Eighteen on, average how many players make the initial fifty three man rosters go.
Speaker 3: From like ten?
Speaker 2: Picks these these picks don't count, obviously, right not this ten.
Speaker 3: Picks this year and usually have at least. Seven they've had as few as what five, Six i'll, say just make.
Speaker 2: The roster the initial fifty three.
Speaker 1: MAN i will say end of training camp in the preseason three higher than?
Speaker 3: That? Really, yeah four point five it's actually six really six point two to two to.
Speaker 2: Be, exact, man all, right so not?
Speaker 3: Bad that is pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, Yeah yestion number, two.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the highest percentage Of bill's draft picks to make the initial fifty three man roster in one?
Speaker 3: Year highest?
Speaker 1: Percentage highest Percent it was not one hundred, percent.
Speaker 3: A little bit lower than the, say.
Speaker 1: Six of, Seven, well it's actually eight of nine is the best. Year it was eighty eight, percent and it happened last. Year eight of the nine players drafted made the. Roster only seventh round Pick Cayden krathan did not make the club out of training camp and the.
Speaker 2: Preseason there you. Go question number, three let's.
Speaker 1: Go after Taking Tremaine edmonds sixteenth overall in the twenty eighteen, draft what is the earliest since then that The bills have drafted a? Linebacker twenty eight twenty, Eighteen edmund's taken sixteenth since? Then what is the earliest pick used on a linebacker By Brandon bean in the?
Speaker 2: Draft And i'm, Happy i'm. Gonna i'm happy to take the. ROUND i don't need the exact, pick but it's got to be and you would be.
Speaker 1: Correct Steve Terrell, bernard third round pick eighty ninth overall in the twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Draft good guess question.
Speaker 1: Number four of the widely accepted premium positions in the draft, quarterback offensive, tackle edge, rusher, corner wide. Receiver what two positions in that group have The bills not yet? Chosen in The Brandon bean era for the first round, selection we Picked josh, right it's. Correct so, quarterback offensive, tackle edge, rusher, corner wide. Receiver which two positions in that group have The bills not yet used a first round pick?
Speaker 2: On in The bean? Era edge, rusher offensive, tackle. Corner why you?
Speaker 3: Picked what have not picked in the first?
Speaker 1: Round which one of The there are two of those positions That bean has not utilized the first round pick on in his tenure.
Speaker 2: As bill's G defensive, tackle, okay? Correct and wide receiver wide receiver is the? Other ding ding? Ding steve well?
Speaker 3: Done finished with a. Flurry, yeah.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, Obviously Josh allen offensive tackle has not been taken in round. One edge Rusher Greg russoe so it's happened Cornerback max And Kyrie, elam but not wide Receiver Kean coleman came the closest first picking round. Two so good finish there in the numbers, Game, steve well. Done we turn now to our one burning, question and this time around we, asked Which bill's draft pick do you believe delivers the biggest impact as a rookie in the twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Season, well it's. Hard you can figure out different. Scenarios here's What i'm, thinking, like biggest contribution season, long or the biggest contribution might make a play that puts you in the Super bowl where you're trying to get you know WHAT i, mean he might do nothing else like the way you're thinking, there biggest, CONTRIBUTION i mean the. Most it would be like the guy who takes the most snaps to me would probably BE. Tj parker because of where he plays and the new defense and field injuries happen and, stuff and it could Be, WELL i have a hard time getting To Skylar bell, too because he's not going to start out like being wide receiver number. One although every time you catch a pass and get a first, down it feels like a huge, contribution, Right that's why it's a money. SPOT i THINK i will it could Be Tommy. Doman, WOW i wasn't expecting that now you think about. It the guy could make a difference with field position and kicking. Off i'm gonna stick with T. J. Parker his, On he's gonna get more. SNAPS i think that anybody's gonna be in the rotation quicker than everybody. Else he's more developed than most some of the other. Players he seems more pro ready than the other guys on the, squad AND i think if he it doesn't take that much development for him to be a guy that's, like you know, what let's put him. In Uh, So i'm THINKING. Tj parker will probably be that guy season.
Speaker 2: Long.
Speaker 3: Big but you, know when you start talking about these, guys all of a, Sudden Jason kilgore's on the, field picks one off For pick six, champions you. Know so, Yeah i'll say WITH. Tj parker because those, guys you, Know he's got the physical attributes and the comes out a little more polished well and that.
Speaker 1: Take and, look we're not really going out on a limb here SAYING. Tj, Parker but to the point you made, earlier he's a high floor. Player, yeah so there's a level of trust almost built in to his game for the defensive staff where you can see him getting. Snaps plus with The Michael hoyt injury coming back from The, ACHILLES i, mean he could be the first edge rusher on the first substitution of the, game right when Either rousseau Or chubb come off for a break If hoyt's not ready at the start of the. Season so between high floor and open door, opportunity it just makes sense to think it's Probably parker and it makes the biggest impact in twenty twenty six from this draft.
Speaker 3: Class in a perfect world For, parker that, is and he gets into, It Michael hoyt is not practicing a, lot or maybe starting to work back into, It chubb pulls a calf muscle or a, hammy or just needs some rest and teaching parties get some more, reps and all of a sudden he comes. IN accla makes fairly. Well could he could supplant a guy Like Bradley chubb during training camp because of his youth and fresh. Legs you, Know chub's not twenty, three you, know that kind of thing could happen if you get the you, know these veteran freags Like bosa last, year Like Leonard floyd a few years, ago if they come in and they're just they just don't have as much in the tank as you thought they. DID. Tj parker will have plenty in the. Tank so it could be like one of those things where unexpectedly he'd leapfrogs somebody in the in the pecking. Order but even if he does, not the guy's gonna be on the.
Speaker 2: Field he'll be on the field for.
Speaker 1: Sure our closing fig deals with the eight total drafts THAT Gm Brandon bean has now overseen in His buffalo. Tenure over that, span he has made a total of seventy four draft, selections and the most popular position That Brandon bean has taken most often is. Cornerback twelve of his seventy four picks AS gm of The bills has been at the cornerback position in a close second wide receiver with ten, picks though only one receiver pick was made higher than the fourth round that Was Keon coleman in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four that'll do it for this.
Speaker 1: Episode be sure to subscribe on whatever podcast platform you use so you know when our next episode is, out or you can watch us on The bills YouTube. Channel this when you need to know about The, bills you need to Check bills by The numbers to see past On Chris.
Speaker 2: Brown thanks for, listening, well catch you next. Time everybody
Speaker 1: S