Speaker 1: Welcome to Can't Flee Reckless, the production of iHeart Radio and The Black Effect. And just like that, we back on the air with yet another carefully reckless episode with your girl Jess. Hilarious and I got my boots Taylor here, so we're gonna both read the story. So I'm gonna rewind and this she's gonna RedWine all R. We're gonna give her a little break, but she's definitely gonna be in on the mess with me. So here we go. Hello, Jess, I need to hear what you think about this. So I just got out of a long distance relationship. It wasn't really going well for me, so that was that I quickly started enjoying my single life and just exploring options. Mind you, I'm very open with everyone I talked to, so no one is confused or left in the dark. Not saying it was a whole bunch of people, but you know, during this process, I enjoyed talking to this one girl. We would always have conversations and she was just a cool vibe. We started hanging out and she even met a few of my kh Yes, I know what you're thinking. This sounds like it's leaning towards a relationship. Yeah it does, but I promise you. We agreed to take things slow and to just vibe out. Here's when things started getting complicated. I travel for work and always have an unpredictable schedule, which I made her aware of ahead of time, so sometimes I wouldn't text back right away, or my responses would be sure but only because I'm busy, which I would let her know. She would always be quick to ask, am I.
Speaker 2: Doing something wrong? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: And kind of back off, as though she's trying to imply that I'm being sneaky. I gave her the reinsurance that she needed, even though I don't owe it to her because we're not in a relationship. But that's just me moving on. I came to her one day and told her that I like the speed that we're going. See this is why i'd be having tailor read, because why is this one sentence?
Speaker 2: Shit? Girl?
Speaker 1: I came to her one day and sold her that I like the speed that we're going and I don't want anything to change that, so I just want to continue to And she took that as me saying I don't want to talk to her anymore and I don't like the way things are going.
Speaker 2: But that's not what I said at all.
Speaker 1: After that conversation, she started moving weird, texting me back less, giving me a whole lot of nonchalant responses. I even invited her to come on a trip, a friend's trip, mind you, that I was going on, and she started replying less and less about that. I asked her what the problem was and why has she been acting weird? And she keeps saying, oh yeah, it must be someone else. What were you telling me something that somebody is saying use quotations?
Speaker 2: Damn, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I asked her what the problem was and why she has been acting weird, and she keeps saying, oh yeah, it must be someone else and that. I basically told her I don't want to talk to her anymore in that way. Here goes me once again, giving her the reassurance that I really don't owe her, but I gave it to her. She still continues to act weird after that, so I decided to fall back. As soon as I did that, I found out that she was back talking to her AX, which made sense. Yeah, duh, that's where all the accusations was coming from. Projection. I definitely confronted her about it, and she tried to smooth it over and say, well, we weren't really even together anyway. Oh, so she pulled to you on you okay, and that I told her that I didn't want to talk to her anymore. I just let her have it, because girl, what the fuck? Even after that, she was still trying to talk to me, and I guess because I figured out the truth and was over it, but she still wanted to be cool. And then the funny thing is she ended up backing out of the trip, which I knew was going to happen but didn't even tell me, and ended up going to the same place but with her AX at the same time.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh, this bitch is weird. Jess.
Speaker 1: There is a word for this girl, but I can't put my finger on it. Help me out laughing my ass off. Also, I want you to let me know if I was wrong in this as well. Well. The words you looking for? Yeah, where the shit? Where the shit? I was going to say something else, but that No, that that's weird. That stills it because the whole thing is. But before we get to the whole thing, the trip was crazy. You. I invite you on the trip, right, and we fell out, so we're not going no more. But then you still so you fell out of that right, And I'm guessing she left her with the bill like she it must have been like some money ship going on, but she ended up still going, so she probably wanted the money back from the girl, like cause I'm not going no more, which funck shuit up. And then you ended up still going, but bringing.
Speaker 2: Your ex and purpose.
Speaker 1: I feel like she did, especially because and then this girl just seems like she's possessive, very possessive, and she, uh, she falls very quickly.
Speaker 2: Now, the one.
Speaker 1: The one that the girl was talking to, the one who wrote us the story. I felt like she's not telling us something either, because let's let's break this whole ship down.
Speaker 2: You say that both of y'all were talking. It was a vibe.
Speaker 1: Both of y'all said, y'a didn't want a relationship, whatever, whatever, and then y'all started. Then she started falling for you and started becoming increasingly possessive, obviously because you said you travel for work, and you would tell her, yo, I'm gonna be busy, but she would get upset because you wouldn't text right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, insecurious, So she gin's securious.
Speaker 1: Fuck. The interesting thing is the girl who wrote us the story, I feel like the letter on a little bit. No, I feel like she because if something, she must have been talking to that girl every.
Speaker 2: Day or that. That's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you can't do that if you know you ain't trying to be in a relationship. That's just not what it's gonna give, like what you think.
Speaker 3: But that's why people will have to I don't know how old she is, because that's why people have to just be straightforward.
Speaker 2: Do you wear a relationship or not? Because that whole situation.
Speaker 3: Ship, Yeah, that's sticky because she said though she's like I like she likes the way things are going though, So I guess you made the girl fall back.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And people people, they think they can handle situationships until you start to fall for that person.
Speaker 2: I've been in one. If she's the only person you're talking to, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you exclusively talking to somebody, that's gonna lead to people thinking that, Okay, this might be going somewhere serious.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying, Like she now the girl wrote it.
Speaker 1: She said that she was talking to other people, of course, but I felt like she was giving this girl a lot of her time. I mean, she was the main girl that she talked to, and that girl took that as, oh, this girl won't be my girl. Even though y'all knew from the jump, y'all had an understanding neither one of y'all wanted a relationship. But she probably didn't expect to fall for you that fast, and you didn't expect for her to fall for you and start acting crazy.
Speaker 2: What's the point?
Speaker 4: I don't even though the point of situationships anymore?
Speaker 1: I don't like people are not daring to why are you dating a relationship?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Not just to talk and fuck?
Speaker 1: Like it's and I think I think it's because we're older now. We are because because I used to love a little situation at my twenty commitment.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Ready for commitment in my twenties, you know, so I'm like, okay, I'm just living free, having fun.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But you hit a certain point where you're like, all right, I'm done with the streets, like like just like men, just like and you know, you you grow up and of course women grow up, you know, a lot.
Speaker 2: Quicker than the girl.
Speaker 1: So she what's the relationship? She wants her relationship and she went back with her ass. But she said, I don't think she went back to the X. I think you know what I think this is. I think that the girl just got her ax on top because if she wanted to be would be our ex. That's just probably somebody that she keeps going back on, like keeping that, keeping shorty in the pocket just in case of a ship don't work out, just like niggas do. Like people do that, you know, they treat people like disposedly and that that's fucked up because she told her it wasn't even like that. You she probably was talking to her X the whole time, but just like a nigga with a baby mama that he don't want to be with, but he wanted to keep fucking with when he wants to when when shit ain't gone right with other bitches like that's that because that was my experience because Rome used to fucking make me beat him the fuck up because he used to do that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I have I.
Speaker 4: Don't think it's like I think about my exhu.
Speaker 3: I guess was trying to do that, but we never did any Like, Yeah, I'm one of those people.
Speaker 2: One time I'm done, I'm done that. Yeah, that's it. It's not going back.
Speaker 1: I'm not spending a block, I'm not trying to hear you out, none of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and this sounds like they're very young. Honestly, they haven't come into like they're not mature enough yet to like solidify real relationships and to know what they want and know what they're not gonna accept out of relationships. Because I wouldn't even be fucking with her, like as crazy as she is, Like I mean, it's stalkery and insecure.
Speaker 2: She sound.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't seem like the other girl were playing around on her too.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. So, yeah, that's something like they're all playing around and shit. So I don't even get what the question is. She said, Do you feel like I was wrong?
Speaker 2: Wrong for what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Wrong for what? Did you leave the girl alone? I don't feel like it was a it was an actual question here. She said.
Speaker 3: Also, she's wrong to feel a type of way maybe if she because you were saying that if she didn't want a relationship, why yeah, but I mean again, feelings are feelings, so you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how she started was I need to hear what you think about this? So I just got off a long distance relationship, all right, She just got out of a long distance relationship. So yeah, so she really wasn't trying to commit to this girl.
Speaker 2: She was just probably just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking and ship, yeah, enjoying my single life, oh yep, and just exploring my options mindron right open with everybody. I think the type of person that this girl is, like, she she's a charmer, Like, she's a charming person, and she a mate. She'll make somebody fall or and then she'll probably be falling for them too, but she leave motherfuckers on. You can tell, like, it's no way that girl started acting like that if you wasn't giving her at that time of day.
Speaker 2: And it may not staying big to you, but if you're just talking to somebody.
Speaker 1: But y'all on FaceTime all day, y'all talk, y'all text all day, when you switch up your pattern, yeah, that person's gonna feel a certain way, whether y'all just talking or in a relationship or not, you know what I mean, Like we developed the pattern. I'm used to waking up till good morning and you calling me when you get off work and you're telling me about your day and shit, and I'm the last person you talk to at night and you're the last person I talk to. And then now that goes to like nothing, you slow texting now when you're not hitting me back, even though you said you travel, I know you travel. When you're busy, you're probably doing something out that they now have developed like this false relationship.
Speaker 2: In their mind. And now on the bitch got your cheating on her and you at work, but you ain't even with her.
Speaker 1: I've been in this situation, but I don't know what you want me to tell you about. Just grow up and grow up and enjoy your single life, like you said, like when you run in some people like this, you have to understand like everybody ain't gonna be like you.
Speaker 2: Maybe you didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't fall for her, she didn't plan to fall for you, but she did. So just don't give too much of yourself if you already know what your objective is. The objective is just to have fun, take things slow, go steady. Then stay on that. Don't over don't overdo it. Don't overextend yourself because that's gonna make you feel like, that's gonna make a motherfucker feel like, Oh, this motherfucker want me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna be in a relationship.
Speaker 1: So just priorititize, like what you do, like prioritize telling them like no, no, give yourself like three hours a day to talk to a person.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, guys, yeah.
Speaker 1: If you love me, you'll listen to this commercial and then we'll be right back moving on.
Speaker 3: Lord, Hey, what's up Jess. So over time, I date this girl who really like became one of my best friends. My friends love her, and my family love her too. But we never made it official because of different circumstances like either hours in relationship or she was. And now I think we've got too close to even really be in a relationship. I think there will always be a what if with us, but we both agreed that we will just remain friends.
Speaker 2: So here's the kicker.
Speaker 3: I am dating someone new and she went through my phone and saw that me and my friend were more than friends before. Now, yes I did lie and just say like that's just my friend, and now she wants me not to be friends with her anymore.
Speaker 1: I feel and found out that she was texting a girl. Okay, and there's another gay story. She ain't e would say she was a woman.
Speaker 2: I dated this girl, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So I'm dating something, okay, Yess a lie about me and my friends relationship to her because I feel it's none of her business to know. And I knew she would react. I mean, just like this wanted me to break up the friendship. But what's crazy is my friend is no threat. She's not a homeworker, even if she did have more for me. So my question is what should I do? I really like this girl, but me and my friend been friends, like been friends for like ten years now?
Speaker 2: Why would I just stop being friends with her? Help me out? Jess?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 2: Like this, that's the little you have.
Speaker 1: I've never been in a situation like this, you know, le' see mine a little different. Mine is a little different because all right, I'm a share mine of real quick see, I was ded on somebody and they was intimidated by me and Rome's bond, like Rome is my beef. Other y'all, y'all know that Ashton Dad and he and y'all know how we are. We're like brother and sister, fucking siblings. Like we're not we're good together, you know what I mean, Like we're cool, we're just friends like you know. But he liked my family and I talked to him almost every day, like you know, and that was an issue for god, like I don't know, like.
Speaker 2: But Rome is my friend. But it's different because he my beef father was your situation.
Speaker 3: I had a friend and and me and him like mess around before.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of someone like we had like.
Speaker 3: We just never actually made it official, but his family and everything else like that be could only with your friends first and then got into whatever. And then he h dated someone that already was jealous, like that had jealous issues already, and his dumbass was like will always talk about me though, so that was probably also sparked like of course whatever. So she found out and yeah, she didn't want him to be friend to me no more. And mind you, I didn't even know he even had a girlfriend. He didn't tell me any of that or nothing like that. It is fucked up because I told him when I got into relationships.
Speaker 4: But anyway, you liked you, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't he tell you about about his girlfriend exactly?
Speaker 1: I don't know because that was real with him. But whatever, do you ever give you signs that he did, like you don't.
Speaker 3: Ye, Like we were always friends, but he was like in the army or I'm sorry he's in the navy and I was in school, not like what it is, like that's my I was gonna have love for you. But now so he ended up Actually we didn't speak to like for a year or whatever, and like, and his mom was mad at him because he's like, yo, she's been like there for you, Like he's gonna who this girl to like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make you yeah with your friend.
Speaker 3: Basically they ended up breaking up because she was crazy and yeah, and I tell him to this day, like he's the only guy that's like like that was able to get Like me and him are cool, but like because he had to, like really like I knew it was like he really felt bad.
Speaker 2: He had his friends calling me just talk to him like, yeah, I just want.
Speaker 1: My friend back from like you know, yeah, no, I get it because that was a friendship.
Speaker 2: You know, how long were you all friends? Now? Damn it's been like fifteen Yeah, like that.
Speaker 1: Like friendships don't come don't come by like that nowadays, you know what I mean. So it's always good to have those good people and keep those keep those people close. But this this person here, that that's writing us a story their friend, I feel like.
Speaker 2: They said for ten years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at what point do you feel like this this friendship is a little questionable when your girlfriend going your fucking phone and see and.
Speaker 2: Did they even say what they read?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know what I'm saying. I feel like you're leaving out parts of it, like what did they where?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Are you guys? Flirty? A little bit too friendly?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Because friends need to talk like friends, and you know, and y'all need to sort out what's appropriate and inappropriate in a relationship. Did your girlfriend feel like y'all was y'all weren't talking on a friendly basis, like it may have been some shit to her, like nah, that this is not y'all motherfuckers. If y'all ain't doing nothing, now y'all talking like y'all have done something before and it didn't work out, so now y'all friends like that would make me feel a little insecure in the relationship.
Speaker 2: Because y'all friends, this is your friend. Y'all got ten years of history.
Speaker 1: You feel me like, y'all could be sneaking around or you know what I'm saying, hot and ship from me and y'all, I don't know, So those type of situations are very touchy. Hold up, hold up, I know the ship getting good, But listen to just a couple of seconds of a commercial.
Speaker 2: If you love me, you'll listen.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's even more crazy.
Speaker 3: The girl the guy was living in My friend was living in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Like, we're not Why do you think He's like, we're not doing nothing?
Speaker 2: That was so crazy? Okay, so they're so they were in Hawaii.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm just saying my situation. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The friend that you was talking, wow, from Philly to Hawaii and maybe y'all cheating.
Speaker 3: He's calling my phone and he lied to me too because he was just trying to be on seeking stuff because they ended up getting secretly married, and she was like, he was like, you can't like leave my husband, like just going off. I was so confused. I'm my asshole too though, because like.
Speaker 4: But just gave me going you know, because.
Speaker 2: A night. Yeah, like tall, why.
Speaker 3: But I think, well, I have a question though, do you think do you always think it's necessary like he said, He's like, I don't think it was necessary to tell her like really the past because of how most likely people are going to react though, like you have a kid involved, like they're gonna type of way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think I think it was absolutely necessary for you, especially because what do you want a relationship for? You have to what makes a relationship communication honesty, you know, loyalty, you know, love, being open and shit, just like you supposed to be able to put that type of shit on the table. But I and I feel like when people don't any hidh shit like that, like little friendships and shit like that, like they're expecting to they even even like they won't to open up about something happened in the past and down will open up about with that.
Speaker 3: Person or like you said, but even it's just a reaction of someone else.
Speaker 1: But that's what you gotta deal with, you know what I'm saying, Like if that's gonna be your partner of this your girlfriend and shit like or or you know, if it's a girl going through this shit all right, if that's your boyfriend, keep that shit a buck and see how they handle it. Now, how they handle it tells you a lot about them, because if somebody can't respect your honesty, you know what I'm saying, instead of hiding it, I'm glad that you told me.
Speaker 2: I would look at that as all right, cool, now I know what to look out for.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna not trust you because you didn't. You could have withheld the defamation. Then when I find out and you didn't tell me, that's gonna make me not trust you.
Speaker 3: I don't know they are, though, because I know I remember back in the day, like if I had.
Speaker 4: A boyfriend, he's still under his ex, Like, why what are we.
Speaker 3: Doing more mature, like you could be cool with your Yeah, yeah, boundaries absolutely, Wait, so this is an ex.
Speaker 2: I thought this was a friend in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I was with somebody and they were friends with their ex or.
Speaker 2: Something like, it wouldn't be a big deal nowadays.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, yeah, I was very like, oh no, but see that's again that's like immaturity. Immaturity and how when you grow up certain things you don't even look at the same as you did. When you were younger. Yeah, absolutely, well, thank you, Taylor. We come to the end of what should do? Oh oh yeah, let me give the advice what should we do?
Speaker 2: What was the question?
Speaker 3: What should she found out now? And they went that should he break up his friendship or not? Oh shit, I think it has a lot of talking. If you don't want to break up a friendship, could you just start deeming this girl? You don't know how?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know why.
Speaker 1: I ain't giving no advice because I don't feel like he gave everything. I don't feel like he or she is giving everything. I feel like him and that friend probably did something. If we don't know what the text said that your girlfriend texts, I mean that that she checked when she went through your phone. I can't give you no advice. I can't cause I don't know what it is. All right, let me let me just do scenario A and B. So Scenario A, say y'all was flirting, Say y'all were flirting the shit your girlfriend caught that?
Speaker 2: M you have to leave your girlfriend.
Speaker 1: You gotta leave, you gotta break up with her and go try to pursue your friend, because like that seems like that's what I love is at and it's like it's a disconnector y'all got to figure something out, like you know what I mean. It seemed like that's where you want to be, but something ain't connecting or something's not right.
Speaker 2: Go figure that out.
Speaker 1: Don't play with nobody in the meantime, You get what I'm saying, don't play with nobody feelings now, scenario be if it wasn't that serious and y'all, I wasn't texting like on no shit, that that means your girlfriend is just insecure, but you got to do a better job of reassuring her that she is the only one in that Yo, I'm allowed to have friends, Like every friendship where there's opposite sex don't have to be nothing intimate or nothing going on. They can be strictly platonic like this is my friend and that's your friend of ten years. You should be able to break that down and tell her. If she can't handle it, then she's madly insecure, like you know, and not insecure in a good way.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, because sometimes.
Speaker 1: They all women have insecurities, but it depends on how like what level that shit.
Speaker 3: Is and also how far I'm just also getting basing this off of my situation before, like how long ago did she or how far up did she rea text messages where she's found out something like because if it's like recently and it's nothing, but she found out later on that they did mess around, or.
Speaker 1: If she went back and they messed around before a year, now coolt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would want to know that too.
Speaker 1: That would make me leave a person because maybe you was withholding that because oh now I get what you're saying because you don't want to spark noth enough. But but what if we're going to get married and shit and you got me around this bitch, And I mean, I just want to know, Like I want to know everything. That's the whole point of having a partner and just keeping that shit open, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, that's what was the advice. Fuck, I'm all over the place today.
Speaker 1: Scenario Oh yeah, yeah, so scenario A or B, and make sure you update us and let us know what the hell happened, because you you we need to know what the sex saying. Man, all right, we've come to yet the end of another carefully reckless episode with your girl. Just hilarious and my girl, tatee. Okay, say thank you Taylor, thank you, not you them, thank you Lord.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see y'all next week, Taylor.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you next when I say thank you, it's for them.
Speaker 2: Oh we said thank you, Taylor.
Speaker 3: I said say thank you Taylor like, oh, okay, got it.
Speaker 1: The Trump