Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: So this is TikTok story, Sysney's got here. A TikToker named Ava Stanley went viral posting my hoff and she calls her mom.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen to this.
Speaker 4: I saw a video of a girl saying that she calls her mom like once or twice a week. I called my mom or she called me eleven times yesterday and I never really have anything to say either. And like if she misses my call and she calls me back.
Speaker 2: She's like, hey, what's up, Like what's what'd you call?
Speaker 4: And I'll be like, I don't remember. I just wanted to chit chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh okay, So you start thinking about that as an adult, if you don't live with your mom, how many times do you call your mom?
Speaker 1: Sisany I was.
Speaker 5: Looking at my call log to really see, but I think an I average about two times a week, maybe three times if it's a busy week, I.
Speaker 1: Do more than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was curious about you, Ryan, because you have such a close relationship with your mom, and so as a poster boy like mama boy, I wanted to know how how many times do you talk to me?
Speaker 3: I mean, she's on this show once a week, so that's one that's true. I would say probably twice a day, maybe a day, probably twice a day, but it's very quick, like yo, I just like, yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: What do you guys talk about?
Speaker 1: Your socks?
Speaker 3: Are like, no, we don't talk. I actually don't call to talk. I just talked. You just called to say what's up? Like, Yo, you good?
Speaker 6: And I say that's cute. Like my mom wants to like park down for an hour.
Speaker 1: I can't. Yeah, I don't like to talk for oh yeah.
Speaker 5: My mom goes through all the gossip in like the neighborhood. And then once you know it's going on my life, it's like a whole thing.
Speaker 3: I lost my I put my phone somewhere the other day, right, and I couldn't find my phone and my mom and I called my mom on another phone.
Speaker 6: Where's my phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, mom or anything, I put my phone like you know me, And she's like in the fridge and was in the fridge on the shelf when I got on the milk out.
Speaker 1: Wasn't in there for long. But I was like you know. That's what moms can do. Yeah, they have that superpower. How many times you call your mom, Tanya, I probably talked to.
Speaker 6: Her once or twice a week, but we text a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, and let's go to the back room. This could be interesting. Your mom lives in the Midwest, right.
Speaker 6: She lives on the East coast over there, so.
Speaker 2: Rhode Island like the furthest.
Speaker 3: I knew she lives over there where they had the accent. All right, So how often you call your mom in the great state of Rhode Island?
Speaker 6: I feel like we talk at least three times a day.
Speaker 1: Oh my more than me? More than me? Uh aggressive, call that, MICHAELA who's there? Call that? How many times do you call your mom a day or week?
Speaker 2: I have to go by month.
Speaker 6: I think I only talked to her three times a month.
Speaker 1: Like, legit, are you guys cool?
Speaker 2: Yes, guys, we're good. We're good.
Speaker 6: I talked to my siblings.
Speaker 1: I call my siblings every week.
Speaker 3: If I talk to my mom three times a month, she would call y'all.
Speaker 7: Also, like do you I always panic because I can't favor my mom over my dad, Like I have to call I have to FaceTime my dad, or I FaceTime them together in a group chat, because I don't want one to build a bad situation.
Speaker 3: My mom's better at phone. Well, call your mom today and tell you LOVERR exactly and call it. Call your mom this month and do the same.
Speaker 2: I know I need to talk to her more.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got plenty of month, you all right.
Speaker 3: We are in a world of wanting to create the most efficiencies as possible many times. I mean, it's a multitasking culture right right. Their exercise is that we can do while we're on the air, and you could do them at your desk. I remember when I brought in the dumbbells and in the commercial breaks, and I should do it again. We should the commercial breaks. I would do curls just to get a few extra reps in right and be efficient with our time, Tonny. Have you ever brought in any exercise equipment, any bands or anything like that while we're on the air.
Speaker 6: No, I have not, because I could sit.
Speaker 3: Like this with a band and across my knees and press out and that would work my glutes while we're on the air.
Speaker 2: I used to have bands when I did mid days, the ten to three shift.
Speaker 5: I would have like a band in the studio that I would stretch, you would, yes, and I would do push ups twenty push ups every top of the hour.
Speaker 1: And where would you do this? On the floor, on the floor. Yeah, you never a ball or anything like that.
Speaker 2: No ball push ups?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you know the big ball.
Speaker 3: You put your toes on the the bigger one, that's the half on the ball that you do push up from there to keep your course straight o.
Speaker 1: That's the next challenger. Yeah. Well, guess who's opening a gym?
Speaker 2: Well, guess who's working out right now as we speak.
Speaker 1: You are, yeah, on your elliptical. Can you not tell? I cannot tell he's opening a gym? Under the counter you're cycling yet, see.
Speaker 2: It very heavy? But yes, I'm pedaling right now. I guess we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, there is here.
Speaker 2: Let me actually I'll stop right now.
Speaker 1: So you have a peddler under the chair air she is with the peddler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like an elliptical slash bike.
Speaker 1: Wow, isn't that's great?
Speaker 3: It's it looks like one of those things you put your feet in for a massage, like the tub.
Speaker 6: No, it looks like an elliptical.
Speaker 5: Many elliptical, well just the bottom part, the feet part, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what's the deal. You just do cardio while you're sitting here on the air.
Speaker 5: I brought it in for show and tell kind of today, just to show you. But I have it at my desk because after this, I go and I take a bunch of meetings and I'm here until like four or five o'clock some nights. And you can get if I like consistently am pedaling throughout the day.
Speaker 2: It has a tracker.
Speaker 5: It'll show me like the calories that I'm bringing, the amount of strides, like four hundred calories on average.
Speaker 1: That's what you want and you're not and you're just sitting there anyway, right.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly sweat so you can if I'm wearing like a sweater. I've noticed like when I'm very warm, warmly dressed, I start sweating a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's the only issue I have with working out here or doing anything extra here is when we sweat because there's no shower.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of like a sweat from the gym. It's just like a little like I'm get a little warm.
Speaker 3: But I listen. I advocate if you can do something at your desk or do something in between the songs.
Speaker 1: Year why not?
Speaker 2: It's honestly the talk of the office.
Speaker 5: Everyone that walks by, they are they're like wow, They're like, what is that?
Speaker 1: And they're all, that's the first one I've ever seen. What is it actually called?
Speaker 5: This one's called the Desk Cycle ellipse I got on Amazon, so check it out.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Not an ad for it either.
Speaker 1: That's what's under her desk. It's on you anything under yours.
Speaker 7: Literally nothing. I I don't know why. I've never thought to work out when I'm at work, Like.
Speaker 1: But she has these meetings all day, she's in that.
Speaker 7: But it's not even that. I don't think I can't focus on on task.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't do it at the same time.
Speaker 7: Like I just I know myself, if I was peddling right now, I would not be able to focus on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't.
Speaker 3: We want to focus and we and we appreciate your focus.
Speaker 6: It's hard for me. I can't do it if.
Speaker 3: I like I'm kind of with Tanya, like I do need to either focus on what I'm doing and if it's working out and you focus on working out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, This isn't like substitute, This isn't like take. You know, it's not all I do.
Speaker 3: Basically, are you doing right now? I'm trying to like gage your breath.
Speaker 6: No right now?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't doing now now.
Speaker 5: I did my whole podcast last week pedaling, and there was moments where I was out of breath.
Speaker 3: I don't think my feet could reach it from the chair. Can you adjust it?
Speaker 1: These?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just your thing.
Speaker 5: I actually had a take to get new wheels from my chair in my office because I would would scoop me back like this when I was pedaling.
Speaker 2: So I got wheels that I can lock. It's like a whole operation over there.
Speaker 1: It's got the club on it.
Speaker 6: I imagine if if I were like doing squats right now, I could not, I'd be like goodbye.
Speaker 3: Well squats are like yeah, we'll maybe we'll pass it around the elliptical here, Yeah, give it a try.
Speaker 1: Here's a Rachel, Good morning, Rachel. How are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm good saying how are you great?
Speaker 3: So you're calling about a friend of yours who got cheated on?
Speaker 1: Yes, what happened? And how can we help?
Speaker 8: So my friend recently proposed to his boyfriend but my friends and I are having a hard time feeling excited or happy for him because last year's boyfriend teated on him and it.
Speaker 9: Was devastating from my friend because they've been dating for years and years, and after he found out about the cheating, he was heartbroken. My friend ended up mending things with his boyfriend and they've been together ever since.
Speaker 8: And now my friend.
Speaker 10: Proposed, So it was kind of shocking, and he didn't tell anyone he was going to do it, and he only sent us pictures after the proposal. In our group chats, they're just trying to get us to celebrate, and we want to support our friend and be happy for him. But now that we know that fiance cheated or to be happy or support, it's a wait.
Speaker 3: So does he yeah, exactly, he knows that he was cheated on by the person he just proposed to. Yes, okay, so your friend, friend, your your pal. He went through it or gave his partner at the time, right, and they moved on and now he's proposed.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at you can't really be in their shoes.
Speaker 3: And if everybody knows about it and they made the choice to move past it, then that's their prerogative, and it looks like they're trying to move on and celebrate hopefully a new chapter.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's hard of a friend to view your own their relationships differently, be.
Speaker 11: Harder what happened.
Speaker 3: It'd be harder if you knew that his partner cheated, but he didn't know and he proposed. That would be a real twist. This one is their choice. They're in it, their relationship. They decided to move past it. What can we do.
Speaker 5: I know a couple that went through this and then ended up getting engaged and married and all that, and they seem very happy.
Speaker 2: But like if I was sitting in here dwelling on it, or that's going to take years off your life.
Speaker 1: Rachel, and you can't get troll it.
Speaker 3: They made a decision, so I think it embraced their happiness. If they're happy now.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 8: Okay, I guess that's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much. It would be trickier.
Speaker 3: We've had calls like that where the partner didn't know and there was a proposal saying, hey, I have some information.
Speaker 1: Do I tell that? Horrible? You just never know what anybody's going through.
Speaker 3: And if they decide that they can make it work, and they want to try again. Start over there. Yeah, that's their decision. So did you grab a cucumber? If you didn't grab a cucumber, go to your fridge, if you're still home, open up the crisper and pull out that cucumber.
Speaker 1: Look at it.
Speaker 3: Just think about that cucumber. How many different things that cucumber can become and be?
Speaker 1: And do?
Speaker 3: You can slice it, you can chop it. You can put some dill and addressing in it. Oh, you can pickle it.
Speaker 6: You can put some lemon and salt on.
Speaker 2: I do like a cucumber salad.
Speaker 3: So later this morning, when we all have stale breath and we do, I think, who in the studio, Mark, Tanya, myself, Tubs, Sysney is most likely to have stale breath?
Speaker 5: Later I don't know because I don't get close enough to them to really sniff them out.
Speaker 6: You know, I'll admit it. Sometimes a breath can be a little stee.
Speaker 2: Great, you're great. So here's the Trick's admit it.
Speaker 6: But like, yeah, after coffee and then we're talking, it's.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, it's dad can drink coffee every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, here's the trick. If you think you have bad breath, or you want to tell somebody they do. Here's the secret the cucumber. That cucumber is not just to make a salad out of. Simply place a slice of cucumber on the roof of your mouth, right up top for thirty seconds. Let it sit there, let it dissolve a little bit. Then lower it to your tongue and chew it and swallow it. It is sucked out all of the holatosis.
Speaker 2: That is so cool. I want to try it.
Speaker 1: It is so cool.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it, but I'm definitely going to try it too because it's so easy. Yeah, SI fight bad Brad. All right, Today's quote we do a quote every day, and today's quote is there is no trophy that says they pretended to be okay.
Speaker 1: When they weren't.
Speaker 4: That right?
Speaker 1: Okay, good. I was waiting for a little reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't really get it, but okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get you get it right as one of us gets it? Yeah, right, exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm just playing for one person, even one audience person out there.
Speaker 1: Let's get the headlines this what do you have? Put this FM headlines with siciny?
Speaker 5: Well two magnitude two point eight earthquakes were reported just after ten am yesterday in the South Pasadena and Monterey Park areas. TikTok has asked the Supreme Court to block it federal law that would ban the app in the US unless it is sold to an approved buyer. The law would go into effect on January nineteenth, just over a month from now. Disneyland has agreed to settle a class action lawsuit for two hundred and thirty three million. The suit alleged that cast members didn't benefit from an Anaheim minimum wage law, and Wicked Part two.
Speaker 2: Has changed its title.
Speaker 5: The second Wicked movie will now be titled Wicked for Good and we'll open in theaters on November twenty first, the friday before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: So exciting to do this. This is Kiss Misgiving number five. Let me get right into it. Because they think someone has a meeting. This morning, we got an email from Monique Gonzales of Monique Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: So you nominated Lisa Solse of alcohol in.
Speaker 1: And tell me how you know her?
Speaker 12: Uh, she's my sister.
Speaker 1: Ah, well that makes a lot of sense. I want to get her on the phone.
Speaker 3: We're dialing her right now because we are doing Kiss misgiving calls, celebrating the good stuff in life. And you know that's what matters, the relationships you have with your family, with your friends. That's what you're going to remember when you know times are tough, when times are good, and that's what we're celebrating.
Speaker 1: So calling Lisa, Soalise, Now, Hello, Hi is Lisa there?
Speaker 11: This is Lisa.
Speaker 3: Hi Lisa, It's Ryan Seacrest calling on Kiss FM.
Speaker 11: Seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's where I worked there every day.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, Hi, not the call I was expecting.
Speaker 1: Hi, Who were you expecting?
Speaker 11: Insurance?
Speaker 13: The calls I mostly get was unknown numbers right now?
Speaker 3: Oh right, right, right, Well, I'm happy to talk insurance in a minute.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you why I'm calling. I've got your sister Monique on the line.
Speaker 3: Oh and she sent me this email going to read to you right now, She says, my selfless sister recently crashed her car. It's come at the worst time, and she's already struggling with rent and other rising costs. She wasn't even able to help my niece, her daughter, pay for her wedding dress. She also has to pay for my other niece's high school sports, and she feels like she's drowning. Her kid's dad is not financially helping at all. I try to help her out when I can, but I have my own expenses as well.
Speaker 1: Please help my sister.
Speaker 3: I wanted to have a nice holiday season with her family without stress.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, that's exactly how. But yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I got to thinking.
Speaker 3: I was at home last night watching myself on Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 2: Making your salmon, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: In the commercial breaks, I was just trying to put this all together, and I was just touched by the email, especially the part about not being able to to pay for your daughter's own wedding dress.
Speaker 1: That was something that, you know, struck me.
Speaker 11: And if it's not something I really wanted to do.
Speaker 3: If it's not too late, I would send fifteen hundred dollars to try and help out with that for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Oh gosh.
Speaker 5: She's gonna look so beautiful in that dress, so happy.
Speaker 1: And I have a really good eye for dresses, so I think I know it.
Speaker 2: I think they already pick out.
Speaker 3: Sorry, and I'm going to send a thousand dollars to buy some food at Albertson's for the holidays for you too.
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, thank you so much for you.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's our pleasure to do it. We're so happy to meet you.
Speaker 3: I'm glad your sister reached out your money so much.
Speaker 11: I you know what you deserve.
Speaker 3: Everything I love this time of year is a girl's night out. I love a girl's night out right right, and so the perfect one if I were a girl on a girl's night out, or at least hosting one, would be four tickets to go see the Weekend at the Rose Bowl in January.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna send you.
Speaker 8: Major because it's incredible.
Speaker 1: So you can't feel your face.
Speaker 3: Oh and Samantha and Alisha, they're growing up pretty fast, hold are they?
Speaker 10: Alicia is seventeen, just through seventeen a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you know what she wants make up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna send you a Sephour gift card, each of them, a five hundred bucks before gift card.
Speaker 1: If that's cool.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, Lisah, my god, Oh my gosh, it's incredible.
Speaker 3: So for Christmas they can have that. And you need a little pampering for yourself. So I've got a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to Burke Williams Spa for you.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you guys so much for doing this for her.
Speaker 1: It's ours.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I wasn't expecting this.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: It's gonna help a lot.
Speaker 3: I know one thing that's stressful for everybody is rent. And I think I know your rent is eighteen Is it eighteen hundred bucks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I just actually just won't up.
Speaker 5: It's two thousand.
Speaker 3: Now, Well that's not I'm going to take care of that. Let me pay for January, so you don't pay rent till February. I'll pay January's rent.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, it's huge.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you very much for reaching out. And when you're in Sephora, just think of me.
Speaker 5: I are you thinking of him at the weekend concert? Do you think about during the holidays Williams having your massage?
Speaker 1: You guys are the best. Merry Christmas. Thank you, Mooney.
Speaker 2: Christmas, and you're so welcome.
Speaker 1: We love you, love you to thank you, love you.
Speaker 3: It's time for a second date update this morning one of two point seven Kiss FM. So this is interesting. I mean always love the tale of how people meet. You never know where you're gonna on a plane, at the gym, the store, move in, somebody's furniture. It's what happened with Jeremy. He's in Palms right now. Jeremy, good morning. Thanks for coming on for second date update.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal. We want to try and help out.
Speaker 3: So you had a new female tenant move in next door to you, and you and your roommates were helping her move in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they were trying to be you know, gentlemanly or at least neighborly about it.
Speaker 1: And at that point where you also attracted to her, are you just being cool?
Speaker 11: I mean just being cool? You know what, I've helped guide neighbors move in and just you know, trying to make it like if we're all going to be living on the same floor, might as well try to make it as cool as an environment as possible.
Speaker 3: Okay, So a bunch of friends you help out and then what happens you ended up getting her number or.
Speaker 11: What no so I didn't get my neighbor's number. I got a friend of my neighbor's number, because you know, like me and my roommates, we were helping her move. A couple of her friends helped her move, and one of her friend friends was just dropped out gorgeous. And you know, you can tell someone's really stunning when they look pretty helping someone move, like she was in a baseball cap, sunglasses, had her hair and a ponytail. But you know, like you could just tell, Okay.
Speaker 1: So you got the so the not there but the friend and there I'm falling good and what.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So I wasn't like, hey, it's your deal, like it was just sort of a It's kind of corny how it all teams together, Like I just mentioned to my roommate how her friend was hot. My friend mentioned it to our new neighbor. Our new neighbor mentioned it to her friend. So then she came over. It's like, oh, so you think I'm cute. We'd get to talk in I did.
Speaker 1: Jesse said that. Chexa said you think I'm cute?
Speaker 11: Yeah, And you know I was I'm not the type who would blush, but the patch she was so forwed about it. I was like, oh, this is this is interesting.
Speaker 1: Have you ever said you think I'm cute? Like that seems like strong.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever said that either.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can so Jeremy, you went out three times? Then what happened after the last time you went out?
Speaker 11: Yeah? So you know, the first time was just trained to see if we would get along. We did, second time was dinner, spent a little more time together. Things are going good. The third time we went to this art installation in Santa Monica. And after that just you know, radio silence. And now I'm talking to you guys, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well you want to go out with her again?
Speaker 3: You don't know why she went radio silent and that's why we're here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like I thought everything was going great and now she's just, you know, just gone.
Speaker 1: What happened at the art installation?
Speaker 11: It is this thing called Freeze. It was at the Santa Monica hangar. Like, yeah, okay, so you've heard of it. I had like art from twenty different countries or something like not really my thing, but you know it was cool, super crowded, but its cool, and you know, I thought it would be good because she was an art major in college, and so I thought it would you know, she would like it. We'd have some fun thoughtful.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out she didn't like it. I mean, if she hadn't we hadn't heard it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if that's the reason.
Speaker 11: I mean, I something happened.
Speaker 2: Was the conversation between you guys on that date? Fine, like there.
Speaker 11: Was no It's harder if I could tell you know, it's not why I asked her questions and she was ignoring me or anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on one second, Jeremy. We're gonna try and track her down and see what we can find out. Okay, So, Jeremy, we got her on the line. Is it Alicia or Alicia?
Speaker 11: Do you know Alisha?
Speaker 1: Of course you know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Jeremy, be very quiet. Let me see what I can find out. Okay, you're gonna listen in, but don't say anything. Don't breathe in the phone. Okay, breathe, but not on the phone. Okay, Alicia, thanks for coming on. It's Ryan and Cisany and Tanya. You're on the air with us right now. We are calling you about a guy named Jeremy you went out with does that ring a bell?
Speaker 13: Oh my god? This guy definitely like brought the negative dark vibe and like he just he was so dark and like just destroyed the entire vibe, Like he killed the vibe.
Speaker 1: You know, Alicia, can I ask you what you mean by dark?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did he he does?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 12: So okay?
Speaker 13: So yes, it was raining, Like yes, we had to take a shuttle, Like it took forever to get to the place we had. We were in line for like forty five minutes. They directed us a mile away. It was kind of a nightmare, just like the hassle of like getting there. But like make make it fun, you know, like waiting in line, but make it fun.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 13: It's like we're together, and I mean it's just like if you're at an amusement park or something, like you have fun in the line while you're waiting.
Speaker 3: But Alicia, you went out with him, That's what we understand. A few times prior, did it not go the same? And was he fun?
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 13: I mean yeah, he was like playful and you know, not a downer, but this night he just never stopped complaining.
Speaker 3: Like it sounds like you've been waiting to get this off your chest, like you've been waiting to talk about this.
Speaker 13: Yes, like he yes, he was like the male version of de Wie Downer like he was. Have you ever heard of a grumpy Gus?
Speaker 3: No, we met a guy named Gus. Yeah, but he was opposite grumpy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he was quite fun.
Speaker 1: But we say.
Speaker 2: Grumpasaur's rex in our household.
Speaker 1: Was when something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, listen, Alicia. Jeremy is on the line listening to this right now. So Jeremy, there's your answer. No, that's why she's not reaching out to go out again. Jeremy, is that accurate? I mean, were you a bummer?
Speaker 11: I mean I didn't think I was that bad?
Speaker 1: Was I sounds like you were in her mind?
Speaker 3: And to me, Jeremy, and at least he's on the phone, I've been talking to him. He doesn't sound like a downer type guy. Sounds pretty optimistic and lighthearted to me.
Speaker 13: No, it was so bad. You literally said kill me now at one point.
Speaker 11: Oh, I mean I was that That's an expression though, wasn't being serious? And look also to fairness. To me, it didn't make any sense that we had to wait and traffic for forty five minutes trying to into the parking lot, just to be told that we can't get into the parking lot and then drive a mile away through.
Speaker 1: But Jimmy, you're doing it now, Jerry, you're doing it now. This is the whole point she's trying to.
Speaker 5: Make you know, there's a coming that are very Larry David like this, and it's just that's just how they are, and you just need to find your perfect match.
Speaker 2: Jeremy and Alicia's n.
Speaker 11: I still think that's a valid point. It was fairly designed, and I mean, well I was better once we got inside, though.
Speaker 1: You want to go out with Jeremy again.
Speaker 13: Honestly, I just you just seemed angry and bored the whole time, and I just like every time I looked at your face, I.
Speaker 12: Was really turned off.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry. I wasn't like, oh, we like grey.
Speaker 3: Like all right, Jeremy, this is not going to go well. If it goes any further, I don't think it's going to. But uh, there's your answer, and thank you very much.
Speaker 11: I'm glad I called just to find out she hates my face.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what, Well, lisha good luck, Jeremy, good luck and thank you for coming on with us.
Speaker 1: I'm getting out of here.
Speaker 5: Oh that one was really good.
Speaker 1: He just did what she said he was doing crest So Pannah in the city. Hey, Serena, how are you hi?
Speaker 12: I'm doing good?
Speaker 13: How are you good?
Speaker 3: So explain to us what's going on in your concern and how we can help.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 12: I saw my cousin at the grove. I was with my friends. We were hanging out, and we saw that he was holding hands with another guy, and none of us had any idea that he was gay, Okay, but when he saw us, so he quickly let go the guard's hand and he said hi. But he obviously looks so uncomfortable, and he made no effort to introduce.
Speaker 11: Us to him.
Speaker 12: So my question is, can I let him know that we saw and tell him that we support him one hundred percent? Or should I just pretend I never saw it and just let him come out of the o time when he's.
Speaker 1: Comfortable he knows you saw him, right.
Speaker 12: I don't think she knows that we saw him. We didn't tell him, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Sarmina, I mean this is you know your cousin better than any of us. Here, and so if it were me and I saw him, I probably wouldn't say something because there's a reason why he hasn't said anything to me yet, right, And so that's that's really what I would do in that situation if it were me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or you can just tell him that you saw him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because I don't want to lie to him, and you know, like I don't want to just like hide the fact that I saw him holding hands with another guy. I want him to know that I can. I'm here to.
Speaker 2: Support you exactly, So why not I just talk to him?
Speaker 1: That's good too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, No, you're right.
Speaker 5: And if he denies it, maybe that just means that he's not ready, and then just respect that as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, yeah as well, thank you for reaching out to assuming it. You have a great day.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thank you you as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, So are you somebody that every day, every evening, maybe in the morning, you don't sit on your couch, You just get down on your floor. I guess that's more common than we originally thought. This is something that's coming out of TikTok. It's called floor time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, TikTok is all about floor time right now, And it's the go to move for anybody who's feeling stress or if you're just feeling overwhelmed, maybe even sad. Think about like after a breakup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for some reason.
Speaker 5: Remember like you watched movies and they're always on the ground, like listening to music or whatever. After a long day, floor time, if you're in a bad mood, floor time.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's like the ultimate grounding.
Speaker 5: So you know how like if you're trying to wake up every day and put your feet on the earth and actually be grounded with the earth. If you actually put your whole body and lay on the floor, it does something to you.
Speaker 1: You have to do it naked to connect with the earth, or you can get dressed.
Speaker 3: Now what to each their own. If you're down on like a natural material.
Speaker 2: If that's what makes you feel good.
Speaker 3: Why are you laying there? Well, so I don't mean for you to have to step over me.
Speaker 5: Right now, Taylor, of course, is somebody that brought this to our attention, lying on the cold, hard ground from I knew you were trouble. And for adults, it's apparently extra soothing because it brings benefits similar to a more intentional practice that you do right after like a yoga class where you're done with the class and then you just lay there.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I ask you a question about that moment?
Speaker 3: After I take my sporadic yoga classes, hu am I the only one that keeps looking, like opening their eyes to see when we can get up?
Speaker 1: No, you're not.
Speaker 2: I do the same thing.
Speaker 7: I'm like, how long do we have to They tell you when you can?
Speaker 3: But I often just sort of quickly open my eyes and get caught staring, you know, like, hey, it is it?
Speaker 1: Can we is it time?
Speaker 5: And there's people that don't do that part. They just get up and leave early. Yeah, well they're more impatient than I am, and that's rare. I was just thinking about this, so I tried it this morning.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: It is interesting because it gives you a totally different perspective. You're looking at the ceiling. There's a there's a calming thing to it. The other thing that I don't know. If you don't sleep well, try this tonight, tomorrow, whatever, this weekend. Instead of putting your head at the headboard, put your head at the footboard. Sleep down there by your partner's feet.
Speaker 1: Let me know how that goes.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do that either.
Speaker 3: Why I have a buddy that does it, and he says it makes him sleep so much better.
Speaker 1: He showed me, he showed me how you do it.
Speaker 3: You basically you flip around and put your head down on the other side and it just changes your perspective and for some it makes them sleep better.
Speaker 7: But then I think your partner has to to flip flop too, because then you're taking the sheets and putting them over your head, So then it's probably not going to cover your partner's feet and vice versa.
Speaker 1: You can, you can manage that.
Speaker 3: And also there's less bodied volume with feet than there is head and breathing, so it can be more comfortable if you don't like being breathed on.
Speaker 5: If I got slapped in the face by Michael's foot in the middle of the night, that would ruin my day.
Speaker 1: You see, aren't going to go sideways?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You mean because he kicks he does he kick out?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Or like you know, he does like the knee up and takes up. I swear he's in the middle of the bed sometimes.
Speaker 3: Okay, I sleep like your husband, doesn't it doesn't like a triangle knee.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then he hugs a pillow too.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 3: Literally be sleeping twins were so well together because do you think of the configuration, it's perfect. Good to go and Tanya, you want a new alarm clock? Is that what you were in the market for? Yes, wake up differently or what?
Speaker 7: So I realized that my alarm clock is so jarring, and I I realized if other people wake up with such pleasantries, And so I wait, like.
Speaker 2: A physical alarm clock, like one that sits on your nightstand.
Speaker 6: No, my phone, my iPhone is my alarm.
Speaker 2: Realize there's different tones.
Speaker 1: You can you can put the chimes on, you can put spa music on.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a bunch of different stuff.
Speaker 7: But here's the the cat. No, no, no, I do want to use my phone, but I want it to wake me up. So I'm nervous. I don't want to have like a like a nice little soft thing.
Speaker 3: My volumes down. I don't know something's wrong with my volume sometimes and I barely hear I have chimes, yeah, and I barely.
Speaker 6: I don't think the chimes would would do it to me?
Speaker 5: It will, trust me. I thought the same thing I thought I had to have like a siren to.
Speaker 6: Wake me up. Do you want to hear?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Do you want to hear?
Speaker 1: What it is? What is it?
Speaker 6: I'll play it for you.
Speaker 3: My phone also is jarring, like if the phone rings in the house, it's jarring beside the bed.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you have for your phone?
Speaker 1: It's a ring, but it's just like.
Speaker 2: The old school sounding ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a handheld ring.
Speaker 3: I know that's I know that sound, Tony. I've fallen asleep. Oh gosh, no, yeah, that's the generic one.
Speaker 2: Oh that's painful.
Speaker 5: That Actually, that's a bad mood every day.
Speaker 6: That's why I don't snooze though.
Speaker 7: I believe that, because that's why I don't snooze, because I just want to turn it off.
Speaker 3: So this is mine, but I think it shocks you too much like I feel the cortisol in my body.
Speaker 1: Right, yep, I have that one.
Speaker 2: I make him like Cinderella.
Speaker 3: But I still when it goes off, I go, oh, yeah, Tony, we'll get into your.
Speaker 1: Phone and we can. You can also put songs. Why don't you put a song like a hook?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jack Jarlow, Yeah, I need some spicy margarita. Get them I.
Speaker 6: Need something because this is not working for me.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: Once your alarm goes off, how quickly do you hit off and then you get up right away?
Speaker 1: Do you sort of lay there? I get up right away and Robbie just leaps through that.
Speaker 7: I think it probably wakes him up, though, I mean he doesn't sure and the neighbors.
Speaker 2: Are gonna wake up without alarm.
Speaker 1: He doesn't move when that jarring sound goes on.
Speaker 7: No, well, sometimes, like this morning, he was like, good morning, Oh yeah, is.
Speaker 1: His any players again?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Maria carry all I want for Christmas. It's the beginning.
Speaker 3: Oh right right there, that's like her song intro. But I thought, we're not supposed to use our phones. While we're on this topic, we're not supposed to use our phones to wake up. We' supposed to get an actual alarm clock because the phone actually bed's bad for you.
Speaker 1: I know, yes, you know what. I did figure out a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I did, actually, even though I didn't have it this morning, I did figure out with one of the coffee machines that I've got, how to pre program it the night before, so it makes coffee in the morning and it's ready. It's not as good, but it makes the pot is there with coffee in it because the beans. I like to grind the beans so the beans have that fresh flavor. Yeah, but it takes so much time.
Speaker 2: And now you're not even drinking the coffee.
Speaker 1: This is you go back.
Speaker 3: I'm going back to it next hour. So let's get to some of these talkbacks. You know, you can go inside the free I heet radio app. It's a great way to listen to the show and not miss anything if you're on the go, and send us a talkback message with the microphone, the red microphone that's inside the page. We gotta these are gonna be all over the map. I think let's start with this one. Last week we had a hack a hotel lobbies are the best place to use the bathroom when you're on a road trip. Susie and Santa Monica actually tried this. Here's super time.
Speaker 14: I used the bathroom at a hotel lobby and I felt so guilty about it that I pretended like I was there to look at their wedding venue.
Speaker 1: And then they ended.
Speaker 11: Up sending me home with like ten packets of information about the wedding venue and it wasn't even engaged or dating anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to play out the charade. So funny.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see Kelly and Orange County knows why avocados sometimes taste buttery.
Speaker 1: I've talked about avocado. Sometimes I get an.
Speaker 3: Avocado, get very excited about my avocado. It's got no avocado flavor.
Speaker 1: It's done.
Speaker 3: It's just it's cream but cream of air, but cream of not air. Could but it's no flavor.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 12: You were mentioning the buttery flavor on avocados. A lot of them have to do with grown versus getting produced veggies and fruits at the store.
Speaker 10: So that buttery flavor.
Speaker 13: You will get that if you have homegrown avocados, But if you've gotten them in the.
Speaker 10: Store, not so much.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have an avocado tree, so bet I get one.
Speaker 2: I think that checks out.
Speaker 5: My parents avocados are like the creamiest buttery and they.
Speaker 3: And they're green and they got that real flavor. All right, Well, thank you for that. This is Natalie here. We also talked about someone dating their ex's mom. We asked if that really happens. Remember that store you did, Tanya yeah, no one to Cyrus.
Speaker 1: So here's what she said.
Speaker 14: Now, guys, I just want to say I've been listening to you guys for twenty years.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 14: About that thing they're saying if a guy has dated his exist mom. Unfortunately, that kind of happens to me. But we weren't together, me and him, and he was my age and then I caught him with my mom and he really really destroyed our relationship and then he left her. Of course.
Speaker 3: Wow, so they were together and then he hooked up with her mom. Well, Natalie, thank you for calling. I can understand how that would damage some relationships.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Coming down from that, All right, let's go. Now, let's just wrap it up here with Tony. So, Tony, he's back. This is the guy that reached out to Tubbs It wants to get on the jiu jitsu mat with him.
Speaker 1: Would you call it roll around or something? Would you say roll around?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, he's back, he's not taking no for an answer, and I think he's on his way out here. Let's see, this is Tony from Virginia wants to book a trip to go play jiu jitsu with Tubs.
Speaker 1: Rginia Beach Ryan bro, you should absolutely go with tubs to a jiu jitsu.
Speaker 2: Class and try it out.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you you'll be hooked, not heel hooked.
Speaker 1: Just you'll love it.
Speaker 11: It's a workout you're not used to, and you'll just you'll be exhausted.
Speaker 3: He sounds like bigger than I am, for sure, and stronger than I.
Speaker 1: Am for sure.
Speaker 2: What is still hooked?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is?
Speaker 2: You started cracking up?
Speaker 1: You really got it. There's a little insider pun there.
Speaker 2: A heel hook is a type of submission where you're basically just trying to break the person's knee.
Speaker 3: This is like a It's a serious discipline, right, I mean it's very hard. I've actually been to some places where people are doing this and it's really the amount of energy that you exert, right, I mean it's really a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy. It's like I just did a trial and I got hooked.
Speaker 3: As Tony said, yea, and he his girlfriend do it.
Speaker 1: They have a matt in the garage. We do. Thank you for those talkbacks, right, that is it for us.
Speaker 3: You come in, you think, well, we got all morning together, and then all of a sudden, when time flies, it flies by, right, my mom.
Speaker 1: She's listening. She's here, she's visiting Mom. I'm saying it for you. What is that saying? She says, time flies by when you having fun. That's the one. Thanks for listening, so on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow