Speaker 1: All right, I'm like, look, how do I start the show. I'm all excited because I'm like, wait, hey, hey, hey, yeah, y hey, hey hey, we're back.
Speaker 2: We're black, we're.
Speaker 3: Ambition at this ambition and ambition.
Speaker 1: And first of all, Mandy is usual her breastprope and I've been.
Speaker 3: Looking for this freaking attachment and it's been my bottle has been down here the whole time, in the basement.
Speaker 2: Your bag, Mandy. I'm like, she's bad. If you believe a rock child, Mandy had a whole human I did.
Speaker 3: Oh, and he's perfect, and I really, I'm really annoying about it this time. It's the best. It's so good, so beautiful. Thank you. Yeah, he's upstairs with husby right now. Husband's going back to working, Like, what's set? What's six plus eight two weeks? Okay, So I'm trying to enjoy. I'm like, okay, I'm gonna go here, I'm gonna go there. I'm trying to enjoy the last bit of you know, co parenting that I get during the day. But it's been such a good it's been such a fast two months.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you get a toddler in the mix, they don't let you slow down. It's like it has been fast and furious every day since since Remy joined us. But yeah, thanks for.
Speaker 1: Now. They're both on my fridge and real really, I'm one of those aunties that have all the babies on their phrase And then Roman and Miller was like, who's that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's Remy listen.
Speaker 3: Coming for y'all's inheritance.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, he'll be good.
Speaker 3: Don't worry me me. You're still number one. We know who the queen is. Oh man. Yeah, the last time I, well, i've seen Have I seen you was the one we were supposed to anyway, I've talked to you for sure, but the last time, yeah, I remember counting down. I was like, am I going to get to go to the Webbies? Or is this baby coming? And then of course all that stress for nothing he didn't come. We did go to the Webbies. It was very fun. Yeah, yeah, it was super fun to get dressed up and have that night out. And then Homeboy was like, and now I'm gonna make you wait, So he waited like another ten eleven days. But yeah, it was it was. It was great and I feel like the past I don't know the past three years of really like working on you know, my mental health and just I had. I was a whole different person when I had my first son, like worth working nine to five, was managing a big team, it was the pandemic. It's just really wild to reflect and to see how different I am today, cause I don't know, I'm just having so much fun. I'm just I don't want to waste time stressing about anything. I just want to be enjoying and going with the flow. And yeah, my therapist is very happy.
Speaker 2: I know. I was like, look at man, you are so too. I love that for yeah, you are yay.
Speaker 1: Like I can feel your energy across shine, I can feel your energy from across the like yeah, because I think. No, there was the webbies before or after when you had the baby shower, and like it was like that really after Yeah it was, yes, it was okay, so.
Speaker 2: That was really pretty.
Speaker 1: That park was so pretty like the baby shower, but yeah, maydie look everybody was like, man, it looks so amazing. That would be Honestly, it was this first of all, we're so old because you're like, okay, bye and let's go home.
Speaker 3: Tiffany went for a walk and I didn't see her agatting and I was like, she'll be fine.
Speaker 2: No, I mean not not your not your baby shower. The webbies. We were like, we can't get all these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got out dessert. We gave the waiter the heart. Do you just remember we gave those poor weights to have the hardest time. It was like, can we get the fish and see what the beef option is? Or with the chicken? I forget I.
Speaker 2: Know, He's like, well I'm not allowed to like make it happen.
Speaker 3: Look at one of each like come on. We got yeah, the dessert. Once the dessert was served, and we were like, okay, this is that We're not going to be going out to party. There was no after party for me. I was sure it was going to break anytime. Yeah, but it was. It was a nice It was a fun night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was nice. Get through right, we did.
Speaker 1: We got some pretty pictures and now we are officially Getty stamped with our cute picture.
Speaker 3: And I was ahead of the barbiecan I'm while still wearing my barbie? It looks kind of orange, but this is hot pink. There's nothing a hot pink body suit won't do to make you feel like a mother. Just call me Kiky Palmer. Baby, I'm a mother.
Speaker 2: I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying out a new red sude that I'm like, how do we feel about this red lip? Right?
Speaker 3: I love it. It's dignified, It's got a little bariness to it. It goes beautiful with your skin tone. I see you wearing with like a winter white, like the square neck.
Speaker 2: This is just a target tank, honey.
Speaker 3: But now, what have you been up to the past couple of months? Haw's it been holding it down to say.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize how much like you know, because you're such a journalist. So I'm just like interesting, I'm like, God started with me, so good. The good thing I will say is that the guests were awesome. They didn't need much coaching and many and most of them I knew. So it was like, okay, good, we could talk as like friends versus like you're a stranger.
Speaker 2: So now I don't know what to say. So like, we have our new Sewan. You know we love news.
Speaker 3: They do. She got a new book coming out?
Speaker 1: Yes, And then I think it's what is it called a healthy state of panic?
Speaker 3: Yes, a healthy state of panic? Which is like what I feel like all the time.
Speaker 1: We also had Remi on who was like the homie. He's hilarious and funny and irreverent.
Speaker 3: Are you sad I missed for me? I haven't had a chance to listen to that one yet, but I was, Yeah, I'm excited to see that one. I listened to that interview we did with Joy because it aired after my Matt leaves from from Sisterhood Heels, I mean from Therapy for Black Girls talking about her new book. I listened to that episode the whole way through. I don't know. It was just nice.
Speaker 1: It was so it was like, I know we honestly, we had some really good guests, but you know, nobody's like Mandy.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what I'm saying. That's what I've been trying to tell you, Like for eight years he've been doing the show.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they're cool. It's not Nanda.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The best thing about like not having a nine to five thing is that I don't I know that it seems like, oh, it's only been eight weeks, why are you back at work?
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: I love being able to do a couple of hours of work a day and feel like a person who knows things and is a like, you know, smart person and not just boob trapped and napping and all that, because I don't know. Newborns are really cute, but they're also real boring. And that was a thing that really weighed on me. Was so hard with my first Matt leave was like three months to just sit around the house and just rock in this damn chair. It was Yeah, it wasn't fun. So this time it's been. It's been really fun. I would say it probably took like a few weeks and then I was back on my slack, back on my email, doing the Mandy money Maker thing. Uh, but it feels good to I'm not doing too much, like I'm keeping it very balanced. I'm doing a couple hours. Only have like one thing each day this week that I'm focused on. And you know, I've been working on a little, a little extra project called the book. Are you texting right now? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: No? Someone just you know they be having I'm like, because Carl was like, I'm gonna bring the kids over, that's aka your babysitting.
Speaker 2: I'm like, actually, I'm tapping my podcast, like squeeze me.
Speaker 3: Carol.
Speaker 2: Well, you eat. I mean, I don't know if you'd be proud of me, but I finally got.
Speaker 1: What I just tagged you want a shady meme about enjoyed users, and guess I went.
Speaker 2: On and look look.
Speaker 3: What I'm you right now? Is it gonna be blue? Is it gonna be She has been inductrinated.
Speaker 2: Because your name is lou. Honestly, I've never I feel like I got married or something because everyone is welcoming, Oh my good, congratulating literally everyone.
Speaker 1: My neighbor texted me to say hey girl because one of my plants was like on his last leg and she came over. She was like, give me that plant and let me save it. So she was like, hey girl, just like you know, putting your plant back on your steps. It's healthy again. And she was like, wait a minute, welcome to iPhone. I've never I was like, is this what happens people? Emani for our producer was like when I text her, she was like hold up. Alyssa was like, you got I phone. I'm like, this is so weird.
Speaker 3: Listen. The smartest thing they ever did was make it blue versus green, so that there was like a difference and not even a good color green, just like kind of like that's kind of bright.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Now this delightful blue videos in the group chat.
Speaker 1: Look, first of all, I'm getting like all my on my Apple Watch. Your text came up, so I'm like, oh, I can see it.
Speaker 3: It's bar people, but you got to silence that because it's too distracting with the watch and everything.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say I really got I got the watch because I was contemplating should I get the watch.
Speaker 2: Well, one my android I broke it.
Speaker 1: I am and like the case was like kind of falling apart, and then I had like this I was gonna go live or something like that, and it was in a holder and the holder squeezed the side so it broke and so I was like it was in that moment I said, what you're gonna do. You're gonna stay with iPhone, You're gonna stay with ANDREI or you get a mosie on overtry iPhone.
Speaker 2: I just I wasn't sure. So I went to the store. I went to at and T you know, talk to the young woman there. We had a deep conversation and she was like, I think it's time and I think it's time, I was like, I don't name was Chante.
Speaker 3: Was like she was like, just no one can say you hopped on a trend because you have very late So.
Speaker 1: I got to fourteen whatever plus whatever, girl, you know. And then a few months later, what I really do like about iPhone the fitness stuff is like, really I've been like, I mean, I'm still down my thirty pounds.
Speaker 2: See my skin is square, cheap, bone.
Speaker 1: Popping, and so I really I really like the fact that, like the fitness component. That's really why I was considering an iPhone. I watch it like whatever what is it called?
Speaker 2: I want to watch? I watch Apple just a Apple watch? Look at me?
Speaker 1: So I sow when Amazon Prime came up, I see, let me see. So I just saw an ad or something like that where it was like the watch was basically one hundred dollars off.
Speaker 2: And you know, I love a deal.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, cause I think.
Speaker 1: It's normally like four hundred dollars, Like I think it's like three ninety nine or something like that. That's what it costs on Apple. And so I was able to get it for two seventy nine. That's why I got it, cause I was like, you know what and there was like easy return, so I was like, you know what, get it, keep it for like a week. If you don't like it, you can return it, and you saved your hundred dollars. So I got one hundred dollars off. I can't lie loving it.
Speaker 3: The best thing about the watch is to find my phone. You just like touch the button and then you can find your phone in the house because I don't know my phone's my gass is the Bermuda fucking triangle these days.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will say there are some weird things that I'm like that are missing. Like, for example, it's something super like like so when I set my alarm on my Android, it'll say, you know, you've set this alarm for ten hours from now, And that's really helpful because sometimes you know, you forget a m PM and you're like ten hours I meant meant to set it for two hours from now, and so like the when you set the alarm on the Android, it kind of gives you like this, like just so you know, this is how many hours from now? So I'm like, really sure I said it properly. That's something small, nuanced, but something that I'm having a hard time with. And maybe it's like my fingers is that you know, when you type something out and you might want to make an edit, like with what you typed out, I have a really hard time getting a cursor, like in between letters.
Speaker 2: Is that like it look at Mandy's it was like, is that a thing? Is that me? Or is that a thing for everybody?
Speaker 3: It's a thing for everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like you're doing my dad very quickly.
Speaker 2: No, I never had an issue with Andrew. I'm like, why can't I get there?
Speaker 3: Curser, Like I don't have that problem. You need to get acclimated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I think.
Speaker 3: Also, you're typing, just use I use audio dictate and I send things with type was in it all the time, Like you get the picture.
Speaker 1: I mean, but oh no, you know, I'm pleased with it or whatever. I do, Like, I mean, because you know, Android that camera is top tier. But honestly, I do like the iPhone camera as wam and I do like the fact that, like, you know, the first time I got air dropped, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I guess it's cute over here.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love Yeah, air dropping is the best listen you will find more to love than to hate. And now I got to find my Apple Watch because I haven't seen it since December twenty twenty two, when I saw at the corner of my couch on the floor to the point and I had it in my head that it was been there this whole time, and like last week, Enrique, my husband, finally was like, move the couch with vacuum back there, and I was like, find my watch. He didn't find it, so Lord knows where the hell that thing is. But anyway, I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 1: We all am just walking, you know now, because you know, I've been on the computer, like you know, I love my my Mac Mike, you know. So I was like, so the fact that it's all linked together, it's cute. Although like your dad, I'm sure, I was like, oh, I can not figure out how to make my computer stop ringing with my phone rings, which.
Speaker 3: Is okay, now that does take yeah, yea, yeah, yea, yeah yeah. There's a do not disturb button on your computer that I would recommend, just.
Speaker 2: Because it'll be ringing. I'm like, on your phone, stop.
Speaker 3: I have my do not disturb on to too often to the point where people are like we need you can we please disturb but breakthrough breakthrough like my husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the biggest, the biggest, different like up into my life.
Speaker 3: We're gonna see Beyonce this Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: By the time you guys hear this, we will have been snatched and gotten our lives. I still don't know what I'm wearing, and uh, I probably won't because I've already given up. I'm just gonna see with the vibes. Feel like, first of all, it's going to be hot as hades and no one's there to see me, so like an, I sweat, so I'm like, and I my boobs are going to be leaking. So I'm like, I'm going to need to wear a very thick, padded bra, probably bring my milk machine, like my little like you know, hand pomp just.
Speaker 2: In case because it hurts yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah when you get like, yeah, getting heated, you know anyway, and like I just want to be comfortable. I'm gonna wear sneakers, but it's going to be a time I cannot wait. And then the next day I'm going to go see Barbie. I have a date with the friend I.
Speaker 2: Don't thinking about.
Speaker 1: I think I told myself because my sister went to go see she took herself to go see a Little Mermaid and she was like, girl, I cried, I wept, beautiful came. So I think I'm gonna take myself on a little day date to like go just do it by myself, you know, just go in the afternoon. And I like that because I'm not a big movie person, but sometimes I like to just go in the afternoon by myself and like watch a thing that's like you know, past Past It, super prime.
Speaker 3: You know, Yes, that was my favorite favorite thing to do for a long time. Let's go to movies by myself because who you are not going to talk to them anyway, and you don't have to share your snacks with anybody. And it's nice, it's nice. But I'm excited for Barbie. The Barbie marketing team. Listen, they should get all of the raises, all of the bonuses because you you got me. I want to see Ray as President Barbie and I will be will be there, but I am I need to talk to you because you know, on the other side of my having my baby, my other big goal was a book, right, and I got a book deal y'all. If you follow me on IG you know that already. But you know, I've been on this journey for a year now, a year. I started writing that book proposal a year ago, but I got a book deal. I'm writing a book with Legacy Lit, which is an imprint of Grand Central Publishing, one of the top five publishers, and I have officially like started writing the freaking book. And I thought it was going to be really intimidating, but I just feel really excited, like I'm just ready to pour everything I have into this. I want to make it so good. Do you have any advice about writing the book? I know the marketing and all that kind of work, but the writing, what was your strategy?
Speaker 1: So my strategy first, so for me the tea I always think, like with this teacher brain that like I need a template, you know, especially if I'm writing like how I don't know if your book is like how to.
Speaker 3: While it's called quite your Way, Rich. I have the book proposal, which is amazing. Yeah, Like honestly, I have sixteen thousand words already that I wrote for like sample chapters, you know, so I feel like a framework.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you know, like for me.
Speaker 1: So for example, whenever, like whenever I write anything, like any book or whatever that like, I like to be like, okay, what is my chapter chapter template?
Speaker 2: Like for one week budget, it was like a quote.
Speaker 1: The step, a story, the the you know, the how you do the thing, and then a visual of how to do the thing, and then a blank spreadsheet to do the thing. So for me, it helps because it's almost like I'm not writing this big long book each chapter. It's like a mini book. So that's how So once I figured out my template, so for a Get Good of Money, the same form Madehole, because Madehold is a workbook version of Get Go of Money. I came up with the template of plan, do review. And that's something that like I learned when teaching preschool that it was like whenever the day started, you planned with the kids, Hey, today we're going to go to the zoo. Blah blah blah blah. Here's how the day's going to go. And then you do the thing. You know, you live out the day and then at the end of the day with the kids. We would sit back on the carpet and say, here's what we did today. We went to the zoo, we saw the animals, and and so I said, I'm going to do that for the book. That it was like every chapter it was like kind of like planned do review. It was like, here's what you're going to learn in this chapter, do the steps, and then at the end kind of a review. And so once I kind of got that temple in my head, then I can like infuse like stories and visuals and.
Speaker 2: Whatever I wanted to add as extra.
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean about, Like for me, I always have to have some sort of formulated template.
Speaker 2: That's embedded in the thing, like for each chapter.
Speaker 1: And then you know, chapters can deviate if I need them to, but it helps me to keep from being like all over the place. So that was one two. In the beginning, I'm just like just throw everything against the wall. I'm writing all the things. Like writing without editing is super important, you know, like don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's just like word vomit just.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, and then you know, and then for me it was like I had to be I wanted to once I wrote it without editing. The first kind of major edit was am I saying the core lessons that they need to learn, you know, Like so I had to cut out some things like okay, like if I'm teaching the budgeting chapter, are these steps a budgeting? Some of these other things are extra like getting really clear about that. The last final edit was I infused Tiffany. So once I was like, this book reads very well technically, like this is how you invest, this is how you fix your this is then I went back in and was like yes, and I was like, you know, cause I was like, where's my zoom? You know, like, so I go back and be like, ooh, this is like you know, I'd read it and I would say, oh, girl, you know here you probably will crack a joke like cis drop down and get your noodle on, you know, like or like you know what I mean, So I would add I added Tiffany back in because it was hard for me anyway to do all things at once. It was like word vomit. You know, what's my template? What are the what are the core things? Like what's the actual lesson? And then not that there was no Tiffany in it, but it wasn't my you know, like I know me. There are sections where I'm like, Tiffany, if you were going to say this thing out loud, you crack this joke, so that way, when I read it, I was like, oh, this sounds like me. And then after that it's just you know, basic editing and editing and editing again. And one of the best things that I think it was Lovey who told me this. It was the best piece of advice. When all that is said and done, read that book out loud to yourself, because it should be sounded different. When you say out loud, you're like, what the hell am I talking about? So like not in the beginning, but once you kind of go through those steps and you're like you added Manny back in or whatever, and then you're like, now it's time to really like you know, edit edit, Like reading it out loud, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, that's as funny as I thought.
Speaker 1: He joke sounds irrelevant because to hear it, because oftentimes you know what you mean, but to hear it out loud, you're like, oh, it actually is not translating. That was the best piece of advice that, like, you know what it's all said and done, to read it out loud, literally, like I went to Staples printed it and it took forever because reading your head is so much faster, but reading it out loud, like you know, yeah, so that's the audiobook too. Yeah, but by then, yeah, what you don't want is the first time you read it out loud is the audiobook, because then you're like, because that's what happened. For example, Penguin bought One Week Budget, my very first book that ever wrote. They bought the audio rights to that book from me.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so yeah, so I had to read it out loud, and girl, I was cringing the.
Speaker 3: Whole I was like, oh, that's a long time ago.
Speaker 2: I mean, I thought I was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Apparently like, damn it, you had to read. I can't remember, but I remember I was like, so I'm reading that. The engineers looking it was looking at each other like what.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You're like, do I have to read every word on the page?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It was so cringey some of the things. I was like, cause, one, to your point, it was like ten years ago. But two, I mean I just thought I was so clever. I just so it was then that I realized, oh, this read out loud should have happened prior to me sitting in this booth. So that is like the final kind of like go through Oh and last thing, make sure to make sure for you what where do you want your reader to connect with you off the page?
Speaker 2: So I did not.
Speaker 1: It wasn't until like, ugh, I literally had to submit my final like draft, and it was like my book, what's it called?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I had a coach and I had a book coach, a business coach. He's liked, oh, so where are you setting them in the book? I'm like, huh, I didn't have anything. And so that's when I came up with the idea of creating a toolkit. And so like you know, like I woant to say, like and almost in every chapter, I would say, don't forget to get your toolkit. So, because my book is so technical, that just meant cover like copies of like the spreadsheets and things that are in the book. But especially if you're listening like the audio version, you might not have the spreadsheets and things like that.
Speaker 2: And so all the things were in my.
Speaker 1: Toolkit, which was great because you came to made you come to my site, you put your name and email in the toolkit pops up automatically and I sent you a link so you never have to do that again. But it allowed me to now connect to the reader off site. And then because not everybody was a budgetist, the fan who bought the book, some people just bought the book, but now they're like, oh, now you become a DreamCatcher because you're part of the bigger network.
Speaker 2: So that was huge.
Speaker 1: Is to make sure that I integrated like that into the book so I can take the reader from the book to into like my digital world. So that was like huge that I almost missed out on it. Like that book added over one hundred thousand people to my email list as a result. Wow, and people who download the toolkit. Imagine Mandy, how people I would have lost? Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I mean that's such a to like get someone to put the book down type in a website like that's they really wanted to get that resource. That's really smart. Okay, that's a lot to think about. I think for me, it's just what I'm going to get rid of is trying to say every day I'm going to spend seventy two minutes exactly on this book because it's just impossible for me to have a routine like that. I'm just gonna I'm just going to say at least every day I'm going to touch something. You know, I'm going to touch the page, I'm going to read something, I'm going to tweak something and see how that goes. But yeah, I'm looking at it. I downloaded word duck. I haven't had to do that since, like I don't know, two thousand and four. But uh, that's how the publishing world works. So yeah, I'm I'm getting into it. And I'm so hungry to connect with real working women because that's who the book is for, right And you know, what I've found has been challenging is a lot of people who engage with content these days is other coaches, other professionals and stuff, which is fine, but now I'm like, get out of the way, Like I want to talk to real Like I just I don't even want to reach Instagram right now. Yeah, I want to go to i G Yeah exactly, Like that's who I want to work with. That's who I you know, that's who I do work with. But it's it's been a little hard and I need to find a better way to just like sit with them. I'm wondering if I should start doing my you know, the best sort of the best foundation that I laid for myself as a career coach was doing those two hundred free sessions two years ago, and I'm like, that was the most insight I got into what women were going through, and that has been my north star for everything in my business up until this point. And I want another. I want another crack at that, Like I want to be sitting with wheel real women, even beyond Mandy money Makers, my coaching community, and yeah, just really getting inside their heads so I can be sure that this is the exact book that they need.
Speaker 2: Oh, you should do that.
Speaker 1: You should do a series of interviews so that way you can also hopefully include some of their stories in the book. I don't know if that's like something yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. Anecdotes for sure. And I have almost every coaching call I did recorded, So another exercise for me is going on walks and listening to those calls. But I'm almost like, man twenty twenty one, that was a long time ago, and now it feels like people are chat gpting their way to resumes and getting job interviews and like all this stuff. So yeah, that's where I'm at now, is just really staying true to who I'm writing it for and I just want to find her. And so if that sounds like you, please, you know, feel free to reach out to me, slide into my DMS. I started by emailing my entire email list, and I told them I wasn't hundreds of thousands like Tiffany, but it was a few. I got a little list and I was like, what are you going through in your career right now? And how can I help you? It was like two sentences long, and I got so many replies, and that was just like a really good step for me to feel like I'm hearing from real women. So if that's you and you want to tell me what's happening in your career right now, what questions you have, what your goals are, what's stopping you the whatever you're going through, please like straight up email me or dm me. I will respond. I promise info at Mandy money dot com and you can find me at Mandy Money on all platforms, but IG is probably the smoothest one to reach me, and that's Mandy with an I Okay, come find me, y'all help me write this book.
Speaker 2: I love that. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: It's I think because to your point, you have filled in this amazing gap where like sometimes I'm just like wow, Like I see some of the stories of women who've been able to negotiate in ways they didn't think possible, and I love that. Like, you know, even you share with Alex, your brother, how he was able to negotiate more on his you know, you know, after leaving his job. Yeah, and I just like, I don't think we realize how much power, you know, we have, and so like, you know, and you're negotiating a book. I mean sometimes you might think it's just like working women who work you know, these kind of like more traditional jobs, but it helped me to like negotiate more money from brands working with them, Like, oh, I never thought about that, you know, Like yeah, so it's just I mean, I just I'm excited because I think your book is going to reach beyond, you know, what you think, because.
Speaker 2: There's just so much to learn. You know, Negotiating is not an easy thing.
Speaker 1: Like even though you know, I'm my mom, set set boundaries, budget these to journey, you know, but I still sometimes have a hard time asking for the things that I want, you know, and so having scripts and having also knowing that it works and watching how you've navigated your own It's one thing for someone to say here's the thing to do. It's another thing to learn from someone that's like I had to do these things when they they were really hard when.
Speaker 2: This happened to me, you know.
Speaker 1: And so I know that they work because it's worked for women that I work with, but it's also worked for me.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited or whatever. I'm still doing it now.
Speaker 3: Right before I went on met Leeve, I had to negotiate a huge like a brand deal, so yeah, I can't. I'm this feels like the thing that I'm meant to be doing right now, and I'm very excited, which was nerve wracking because imagine you get a booked because I've been asked to do books before, like personal finance books or like for millennial books early in my career, and it never felt like the thing that I had to do. And it's such a long journey. This book will not be coming out until twenty twenty five, y'all, so we're going on. This is a long term relationship for me, and it feels like the right thing to be sitting with for that long, you know. So I'm laser focused and thank you to for all your support.
Speaker 2: Keep it coming. Yeah, I've got some work. I told I went, Oh, I told you, and I spoked to you.
Speaker 1: I went to Nashville for this thing called Author for Authors, where it's like some of the top authors in the country, out the world, some of which have told millions of copies of their books, and we just literally just did like brain dumps into each other.
Speaker 2: So I learned even more things that I'm like, oh, I did not know, so I'll share.
Speaker 3: Were you invited to speak or was that like you were just going to go.
Speaker 1: No, we were all just kind of there where meat was there. The guy who wrote Profit First was one of the hosts. Like, I don't know if we had ever heard of Miracle Morning.
Speaker 2: So that's a huge book.
Speaker 3: He was there Morning, oh you.
Speaker 2: Or morning like it wake up in the morning. Here's how you can stay. And there's a guy whose restaurant was rated the best in the world. I forget his name, Will something. It's in New York.
Speaker 1: His book is called Uncommon Hospitality or something like that. It's like flying off the shelves.
Speaker 2: He was there.
Speaker 1: So it's just really interesting to meet people at different spices and Walks of Life, you know, like you're just like, oh, wow, that's suthing. I read your book, Jeff Walker Launch. Remember that book Launch that I told you. It's like that was your book.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, he was there.
Speaker 3: Mm hm Oh did you get to meet him in person?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: We took a picture because you know, he put me in his book and I was like, oh, I did he did, So we took a picture of me.
Speaker 2: Holding like me in his book.
Speaker 1: So it was just yeah, but it was just what I really loved about it is that everybody was there. I was hesitant about going from being honest because I thought it's just one of these up sells, you know, like and at the end you can buy a one hundred thousand dollars program. No, none of that. It was literally just, hey, everyone in this room had sold, you know, over one hundred thousand dollars, one hundred thousand copies of their book, which is you know, less.
Speaker 3: That's like the minimum entry point you have jump sold that money.
Speaker 1: So it's like less than And I think I saw a stat that they shared less than zero point four percent of books ever do that, And so I'm sure there's something that you've done that someone in here is not aware of I don't care how many books you sold. So it was just interesting to be like, I never thought about that. I never thought about that, and so it was just really it was great and everybody was just so giving and sharing. They were just like, and this is what I did, and this is what I did. So we all just shared. And so I say all that to.
Speaker 3: Get to that point zero four percent. If you're not if you have a scarcity mindset, I think, if you are willing to share.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So it was great and I'd never been to Nashville before. I didn't realize Nashville was such a big What did the girls go there for bridal shot?
Speaker 2: What is it like? You know how the men have a bachelore Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, she said it looked like I told Tracy. I was like, because I When I came back, she was like, how was Nashville.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, because I am.
Speaker 1: My flight got canceled, so I spent the nextra day and I was like, oh, everybody kept saying you have to go down to honky Tonk Lane.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it's called, where it's like all of these like bars or whatever.
Speaker 1: It looked like white white essence, Like, have you ever been to Essence Fest, where's like literally tens of thousands of black women excited and happy in the streets. I was like, I have never seen this many white ladies in one place I want and they would have a good time, honey, Okay.
Speaker 3: White girl wasted, white girl wasted lane.
Speaker 1: But honestly, it looked it was I mean, it looked amazing because the bars were all really nice.
Speaker 2: Everybody was just so happy because you know, just all celibratory.
Speaker 1: But I just never seen that many white girls who want place have such a good time.
Speaker 2: Everybody, of course had the obligatory cowboy hat.
Speaker 3: I said, you didn't go to a state school in Georgia like I did, y'all. I saw enough of that to last me a lifetime. Now that sounds like Athens, Georgia to me on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: But that was awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I know, you hear all those stats of like how many books we'll get to this or that or this or that, and I'm just, ah, just I don't know if it's like the baby, you know effect, or just everything feels like it's sinking up right now. But I'm just I can't wait to gift this to y'all. I just feel like this is, you know, going to help so many people. That's what I want to focus on. And as far as like the lists and yeah, I want to manifest all that best selling and my whole the mentality I've chosen is why not me? Like that's just my mentality, Like I know what the stats have said my whole career about this and that and who makes money and who gets to senior levels and all that, And it's always been like, listen to black women, all the statistic show we're less likely to do everything amazing, right, But that's never going to get us anywhere, just like leaning into those stats. So for me, my mantras like why not me? Yeah, what if me? You know what if this book? Why not this book?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: That's the energy I hope to carry through.
Speaker 2: And that's the energy you put in. I think.
Speaker 1: I think when so many people write their book without intention, I I won't say that. Meaning when I wrote my book, I said, what kind of book? There's so many types of books you can have. Do you want some big, huge blockbuster that just came out? You know, I knew I wanted what they call a perennial seller, like a book that sells year after year after year. And I remember the book I had in mind was The Four Hour work Week, and I kept saying, I want to write Tim Ferriss's The Four Hour work We still.
Speaker 2: Haven't read them.
Speaker 3: Am I the only one in the world. I think I even might own it.
Speaker 1: Why have I not read this book? I don't know, but I remember me a lot rich. That is a book for me that like had me think differently. Tim was not famous, you know, like that was his first book, but it had me think differently. It had me I mean, some of the stuff you know might not apply now, but at the time it was like I never heard of someone say it in this way. It gave me clear directions about what to do. And there's a perennial seller, meaning that the information was so evergreen that like fifteen years, I don't know how long it's been, it's been like a long time, like over ten years later, that book is still selling because it's such a grounding book. And I said, that's what I wanted. I want a book because some books are very timely, you know, you might write a book about the recession, and because we're in it or about an election, you know, so just being intentional about like I knew I didn't want that. I wanted almost my book to feel like like almost like an encyclopedia I'm dating myself, you know, like a reference book that you.
Speaker 2: Take still exist, you know, like you take it off the wall.
Speaker 1: You're like, because people will say that they're like, girl, I was, I was asking myself a question about credit. I pulled your book off the wall and looked at the credit chapter. And That's what I wanted. So having that in your mind as you write. Literally I used to I would imagine my person like doing that, like so as I'm writing it. So that way, it was like my north starve like I called her Tanya. That's what I call like the specific DreamCatcher who like I can imagine, I was, like, I can imagine Tanya walking down the aisles of Barns and Noble.
Speaker 2: I imagine Tinya seeing my book like oh is that a sister girl on the book now.
Speaker 1: And then pulling it and being like ooh, this actually sounds really good, and Tanya reading it. I imagine sometimes Tanya would read it all the way through, but sometimes Tanya would skip chapters and if she was a skip chapter girl, does the book still speak to her? So these are the things it allowed me to write the book from more perspective of like really serving, like you know, like Tanya and so yeah, so whatever it is that you know, however, whoever it is that you want to serve because you know your lady or you're you know, like just keeping her in mind, like how is she going to navigate with this book? You know, is the cover going to make her say, oh, you know, is she going to be is she the type of person that reads all the way through? Or she got a skip chapters?
Speaker 2: You know? Do they need to do homework on the side? Am I going to have that for them? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So, you know, like it's just it's exciting because your book, I don't know, You're going to just grow so much from like the writing of it, the marketing of it, and then all the people that are going to flood to like your platforms as a result of like learning about you through the book.
Speaker 2: So it's just a really exciting time.
Speaker 3: Like just to get the opportunity to write a book, it's freaking exciting. Yes, even if it bombs like I got a chance. I got a chance to write a book. Baby, Mandy, whose one talent in life was only ever writing, is going to write a freaking book.
Speaker 2: So ugh, anyway, that's gonna be on a shaps girl. But yeah, we're girl. I heard a bomb place. We're all this novels over here. We're going to that book.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, it's just a it's just a damn blessing. Everything's a damn blessing right now. Just happy. I just feel like, you know where I was two years ago. It's wild.
Speaker 2: I know, it's a really wild where.
Speaker 3: Things have gone. Should we take we should.
Speaker 2: Take a break.
Speaker 1: I know, they're like, girl, you can tell. I'm like, oh that's what I forgot. We're talking about the people because I'm just same. I'm just so happy you're back in the.
Speaker 3: Me too, miss chief.
Speaker 2: Oh I missed you two mans. I love you girls.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna take out black and Brown break. It will be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're bad. We're brown. We're gonna do. We have not done a brown boost brown break in so.
Speaker 3: Long, Oh my days, so long that I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, I know, right, Like what kind of. I know, girl, I was thinking about the same thing, Like what I I brown boost a break?
Speaker 3: There's too many things to boost. I only want to okay, but maybe you should go.
Speaker 1: First throughout the first Oh, okay, I do I have something good? Okay, Okay, So I wonder if this is I guess it'll be. So I forget girl, what is the oh? And now it's time.
Speaker 2: To boost break?
Speaker 1: Break over?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna boost? Are you gonna break? What you're gonna do? What you're going take.
Speaker 3: Longer than it used to be?
Speaker 2: Girls friends so long?
Speaker 1: I don't even know that's the song anyway, Okay, so I'm going to it's like a boosty breaking. So while I was at Authors for Authors, not this amazing woman there, super nice. She sold her business in twenty sixteen to a major conglomerate for one point two billion dollars, yes b with a billion. She was just you ever meet somebody who was like so nice and kind you know, even before they opened their mouth, you could just feel like they're just reading eating like mother Teresa kindness. So anyway, so she was there, super nice, and my friend Lovey was there too, So she and Lovey were talking. I heard them talking and they were just talking about work, work, work, and she was telling lovey at one point she was working for almost eight years straight. She was working about one hundred hours a week for almost eight years straight, as.
Speaker 2: I say, one now, that's two and a half full time jobs before she sold her before.
Speaker 1: Before she told her company two and a half, you know, so one hundred hours a week, like you know, And so I was like, what really, you know? But then she said, you know, she did something. I want to say, it took her. I want to say that I think that she sold her company like year eight or your nine, but under ten years. So as I'm listening, and then we were just talking about the overwork and overwhelmed and how it was just we were just the three of us were sharing and I said, I don't overwork and overwhelm myself anymore. That it took for like my blood pressure to get to a place where I didn't even want to check it, that it was in the you're going to have a heart attack space, And she was like really, I said yes, I said, now, girl.
Speaker 2: I go for a walk.
Speaker 1: I just I took a two hour walk today, I said. I nap almost every day if need be, But I walk every day, not even for the snatchness, although your girl's getting snatched, really just for the peace of it, you know. And I just said, I just refused to overwork and overwhelm. I cannot do it.
Speaker 2: So we were talking and something told me to ask her because she just had this kind of like I don't want to say quiet sadness, but a quiet I don't know how to describe it. But I looked at her and I said, can I ask you a question? She said yes.
Speaker 1: I said, you sold your business for one point two billion she pocketed almost I want to say half, but a little short shot than half of that, because you know, this is like public knowledge. And I said, can I ask like, was it worth it one hundred hours a week for the eight years you know, to do all?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's life changing? And she said. She looked at me and she said no.
Speaker 1: And not no, but not well, you know, like I was expecting, like, honestly, the fact I could do this for she's married, she's got kids.
Speaker 2: Not that.
Speaker 1: She just said quietly, honestly no, And then she shared some other stuff. I think it's probably private, so I'm not going to share I'm listening to her book right now, and so I'm like, I don't unless she shares it in her book, then I'll share it. But then I was like, I didn't know if I don't know how much. But anyway, she just kind of shared why it wasn't no, and it was just a confirmation for me that.
Speaker 2: It's that over that overworked, overwhelmed. I already knew, but to hear from somebody who's achieved literally the pinnacle of what you consider success in business, right like to have and they bought it, like the company bought it for one point two billion dollars cash, which is like unheard of typically.
Speaker 3: Can you say her name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jamie Kern. You can get her.
Speaker 1: Her book is called so she told it cosmetics to Lareel. This is public knowledgy and in her book. I'm listening to her now.
Speaker 3: The only female billionaire I know of besides Oprah is like the Spanks Lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jamie Kern. And so she has a book.
Speaker 1: Oh what is her book? I'm listening to an artible. It's pretty good. It's called Believe It by Jamie Kerrn Lima. And so when she said that, you know, because sometimes you know, you hear from people, but you know you're like, well, what do you know? But here's this woman who solds her business for a billion dollars. It's the largest you know, I guess the largest acquisition that in Loyal's one hundred is something in your history she's done, like literally, I don't even know, maybe there's ten people that's done that, twenty people, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just and to see all of that and even listening to like how much she's working in the book is giving me anxiety. I'm like Jesus, like, and I just thought when she said no not of course, I'm sure she's happy about the financial but we were talking about overshooting our shot that sometimes you do a thing and you pray for a thing, and you tell yourself, I just want this thing. I want to be able to take care of my parents and all my my friends or make sure that I'm okay. And you get to that place and you work, you keep working beyond that place as if it didn't happen, the same level of like anxiety, the same level of more and more and more, go, go go bigger, bigger, bigger, and all to what end? And That's what she and I were talking about. We were like, to what end, you know, like could.
Speaker 2: Three hundred thousand be enough? Three hundred million? Could you know what I mean, like, to what end really? And then what have you lost in the gaining of that?
Speaker 1: You know? And so like I just it was just so I guess my boosty breaky is my break is the culture of overwork and overwhelm you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you need done with that already.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know that hustle, hustle, hustle, ground, grind, ground, more more and more and more and more. That's the break And the boost is the self awareness to understand the things that really mean the most, you know, like your health, you know, your connection to the people that you love. You know, like doctor Green helped me to realize that I over index on people who love me, you know. And then I mean.
Speaker 2: She was like girl between your parents and your sisters and your friends and your thing, I mean dream catcher y'all brown a bish and listens. I can't go. No, I was somewhere and someone will say, here is a hug for you. He is a hug from Mandra. I can't remember where I was.
Speaker 1: I think I found I was at Marshalls and she was like, hey girl, so I'm gonna hug you know you hate it, so I have Marshals too, But honestly, I you know, like that's the stuff. Like, certainly I know I could work more and make more money, but to what end? And so that is my you know, the break is the overwork, and I had already stopped doing that. But the boost is like the self acknowledgment. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't work hard, because that is part, like if you're wanting something, there's working hard. But the overwork is what I mean, you know, And what I told her is that I believe over work is a lack of faith, you know, like in whatever it is that you believe in. If you think that you have to head your bets to go above and beyond what's actually required, it's like you don't really believe in yourself because you know, the hard work, like the good, solid hard work, really is enough. It's a lack of faith in yourself and whatever higher power that you believe in. And she was just like, yeah, because you know, you think to yourself, well, if I sleep two hours, maybe i'll get it done. Instead of like, girl, actually that's just not true. You know, like there's a law of diminishing returns and that you know, even water, if drunken, excess can drown you from the inside.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: Anything good, if done to extreme excess, actually has the opposite effect. At a friend in middle school who poisoned herself accidentally because she ate so many carrots, so many carrots, I remember thinking, like alixat.
Speaker 3: That episode of Arthur, No, did you ever see that earth pbs?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, how much show?
Speaker 3: There was an episode of Arthur and Buster the Rabbit h or one of the characters. They too many carrots, they turned orange?
Speaker 2: Yes, poison yourself?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, I bet Arthur ruins that for her.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so I just its like, but but you know, karros on the surface good healthy vegetables, but to excess will literally poison you. And so I'm just saying all that to say that, like, if you're listening working really hard, there's nothing wrong with hard work, but to excess too over and above what's required and necessary and needed, you are actually working against the actual dream that you're hoping for. And so I hope this is a wake up call that you're needing. And yeah, because that was such a wake up call. I was expecting her to say no, but let me tell you girl, because da da da la la la.
Speaker 2: She just said quietly, no, no, and I was like, damn, it wasn't worth a billy geez.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Well, like our posts on Instagram said today, I'd like a shot to prove that money can't maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jamie's not brown or black, but I feel like I would love to have her on the show made. She hasn't ask her anything but justause I feel like it's just an opportunity to talk to somebody, like in a way that I'm like, what was that light? You know what I mean, she'd considered. I know, we'd like to send her.
Speaker 3: She's happy now, I mean she's really happy in other ways, like yeah, know what I mean, there's this family. I think you just realize, you know what. It's almost like if you're only striving for the money. When you get it, it's like an anti climax kind of situation where like, oh and now I have it, and you're looking around like, well, this isn't this isn't keeping me warm at night? Necessarily, Yes, she.
Speaker 1: Said she used to go in the book candidly, she said, like she would go on vacation with like she would like treat her family's a vacation and spend literally the whole vacation in the hotel room working.
Speaker 3: She was like for eight hours below deck. I know, I see a lot of miserable rich people on YA, just like hating their friends. They're like, you're only here because I paid for this trip, smashing champagne on bottles on each other. It's a it's to what end?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm just like, you know, it was just like like I said, it was just like a good I don't want't say wake up calls. I've already had my wake up call, but just a good confirmation of like, girl, lean into the love that you have and you know, do enough, you know, but to make sure you can maintain like the kind of life that you want. But you even't got to go above and beyond Craige.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you know.
Speaker 3: The best thing for me is when we go outside for a walk on my block, people come out to say hello, and it's just so like I love having that, like just knowing my neighbors and knowing that they love me. In return, and like we just I don't know, we just are there for each other.
Speaker 2: I like that break. I'm going to do a boost.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do a boost. Oh, there's there's a lot. I came back from. I came back to Mandy money Makers, which is my online coaching community. I've got like two hundred women, got them and we can They've done my course and career and professional resiliency and all that. But anyway, we have a slack channel and they can DM me any old time, the whole you know. I like to be in it with these women. And one of my makers had lost her job. She was let go a long time ago, maybe like the beginning late last year. And I think that there's there's again like this economy right now, it's it's mixed, which I actually think is pretty healthy. There's still people who are like some people who are having a hard time getting back, you know, after getting let go. But there's all these stories too of people who've gotten brand new jobs and you know, are getting poached. And it's a very mixed bag, I would say. But I wanted to shout out my Mandy money Maker Kristen, because she and I won't put her full name out there. But she just accepted a brand new job, and it's not just like she's had this time off and she's really it's been exhausting, you know. She was messaging me that her morale was so low because like the interview process is so long and you'll do you know, multiple multiple rounds of interviews, these big panel interviews. She had to make a presentation, you know, to her to the potential companies, only then to either be ghosted or told no. It's exhausting, right, But she finally she reached out a couple of like last week to say that she was she had a job offer, like a job offer from a great company. And this is what I talk about. I was like, there's going to be a moment when in your career you get a call and it's the job, it's the interview that you worked really hard for, and they're gonna call you and they're gonna give you a job offer, and it's gonna be really good to start with, and you actually aren't going to have to fight. You actually aren't going to have to be a master negotiator because your value is so inherent, like they understand what you're worth. Because you have established that from the jump. I'm always talking about how negotiating happens way before the job offer. Anyway, this was one of those moments because she got her job offer. She sent me the offer letter and I read. I read through that thing with a fine tooth COMBB was looking for things to call out. There wasn't it was so good. Like the relocation benefit was, like, you even have job assistance for her spouse because they she has to move, Like, I mean, you know all that, you know, finding a new place, give you a rental car, help you find schools if you have kids, you know, like pay for some rent for a while. Like it was just so generous. And I just want to shout her out because it was a long ass road for her, and I know how hard that is, having had like not a front seat with her, but just being like indirectly hearing from her how it's been going. And so if you're out there and you have been waiting for that opportunity, just keep the faith, keep the faith, and keep going. And I'm so excited for her, and it also is just amazing that that is part of my job now is just to get to tell, you know, to see women finally get what they're worth, you know, and get those opportunities.
Speaker 2: So I love that.
Speaker 3: Congrats to Kristen.
Speaker 2: Yes, most was like finally.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's good stuff. I'm excited to be back.
Speaker 1: M well, that's not it. But that's the show for today. I'm actually gonna be away. I don't know where're gonna be listening to this, because we'd be having shows that drop onever. But I'm gonna away in the month of August because I can which.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be taking Supergirl to Europe. We're gonna go to London, Paris and the Amafi Coast. I've not I've been to London in Paris a couple of times, but I've never been to the Amafi Coast. I'm excited about the land. She is so everybody who I meet is like, oh my god. I was so excited about I was talking to my neighbor. They're like, girl, yeah, Ulyssa was telling me about I was like, wait, she is so excited. She text me She's like, what clothes should I bring? So she's already ordered ordering her Amazon's Best, you know, whatever Sheine's Best or whatever.
Speaker 3: Fool you better be Instagram mom, Yeah, on them so she can stunt on her front.
Speaker 1: God, I already heard her because we went to the shore this this somebody'd rented a house for like eight days, and my family and friends kind of like rotated in and out.
Speaker 2: So she came.
Speaker 1: She blessed us with her presents, because she definitely was like, I don't know if I'm a hundred percent God of God, I was like, So she came, and I heard her telling one of her friends like, now, actually, I'm at the shore at the beach house. No. Actually, she was like, and I'm going to York, she told her friend, And I'm going to Europe next month, So talk to me different.
Speaker 3: Telling you she knowells people that comes back. When you told me you were going to Paris. I'm like, she's going to come back and get people two kisses on the cheeks and be like.
Speaker 2: But I love that.
Speaker 1: I want her to be that boy black girl, you know what I mean, Like, yes, a boogie black girl from Newark.
Speaker 2: She got the best of both the worlds. So I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she is the ancestress wildest.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is the way labor you know, be the kid of the of the hard working bajillionaire. That's the gold of life.
Speaker 2: I did it wrong.
Speaker 3: But I'm about to August. Yes, oh, I'll be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, I'll be here.
Speaker 3: Let me see, I'm about to turn thirty six. I'm about to turn a whole year older.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Birth seems August sixth, which I know is very close to Superman's. Yeah, he's a third b day, twins day, Happy b day to Terrell Tu. Yeah, we're gonna be We're going to be with family and friends at a little house printed a beautiful airbnb, Catskills. So yeah, I told them. I was like, it's my birthday and we will be having a barbecue, and I'm a leo, so I will want attention and I'm not even gonna front, So play a surprise for me.
Speaker 2: I love that. For you, I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. Yeah, So I'll be here with y'all. Don't worry. I'll always holding it down. And then I guess we'll be back together. I'm glad I came back for just a little quick for you, and before we pull each other pull apart from each other again, and when we come back in September, that'll be your eight we have our eight year anniversary.
Speaker 2: We should do something.
Speaker 3: We'd say that every year.
Speaker 1: I know, Hey, if you're listening and you're like a planner, like a party planner or whatever, like how was planning something like in New York or Jersey something like I don't know, it would be nice.
Speaker 2: I like, for real, reach out to us.
Speaker 3: At a minimum, we should do something together, but maybe yeah, something a little bit bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we had something our first year and that was very nice. We had that dinner.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, we should do something with Brown Ambish and listeners. We did.
Speaker 1: Yes, we should do something. That's what I mean with brown and Bishan listeners. So if you're a planner, hit us up. Yeah, yeah, until next time.
Speaker 3: Until next time and check out B, A Q and A. It's where we're going to go right now to answer y'all's questions. Bye bye, hey ba fam. We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambision podcast is produced by Imani Crosby and Dennis and Plinsky is our in house tech. I am your co host Mandy Woodrif Santos, and we will see y'all next week, BA Fam,