Speaker 1: Get your head us together, and we're gonna start to party and start.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to party.
Speaker 3: The Elvis Duran after party.
Speaker 4: We never ever dive into the weekend unless we talked to Juju Green about what we're watching in theaters, were streaming everywhere. Now, when you're not with this report, Juju, we can put our person on the shoulder and get the hell out of here. So let's go, Juju Green, what do we watching this week?
Speaker 3: Just get your recommendations and get the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's where it works.
Speaker 2: I love it. That's what I want me for. I can do it all day. But yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was saying that we got a couple of movies, one TV show, and then one recommendation that I haven't seen yet.
Speaker 2: But we'll get into that in a second.
Speaker 3: But something that was coming out this weekend is Springsteen Delivered Me from Nowhere. That is the move via about Bruce Springsteen starring Jeremy Allen White. And you guys know, Jeremy Allen White is a Maze and the Bear. But I really do think that this one is a heavy Oscar contender from a performance standpoint. Jeremy Allen White obviously is like one of the best actors like working today. He's sweeping any season, so let's see if he gets a nomination at the Oscars. But I really found this movie to be very interesting. I'm not really the biggest Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: I love his.
Speaker 3: Music, but I'm not really like a diehard Bruce Springsteen fan. And this movie follows the creation of his album in Nebraska. I didn't even know that was the name of his album, but now I do, because this movie is very informative on that front. But it's crazy how like much Jeremy Ala White disappears into that role. He sounds just like him, especially when he's singing to the point where you don't even know if that's like Jeremy or Bruce right there, and so like, I really do feel like that's one of the mandatory music biopicks that we get a year that we all should be checking out right now. So Springsteen, Deliver Us.
Speaker 4: I'm not a fan of the music. Will I enjoy this anyway?
Speaker 3: I think if you want to see Jeremy Allen White completely disappear, I think you will enjoy it. If not, it might not be your cup of tea. Uh maybe did you like Timothy shallow May and a complete absolutely, yeah, then you'll definitely probably like this one, like I feel like the the before. I think I think that Timothy might have like a slight edge over the performances. But if you like that type of transformation, I think it's still a good watch.
Speaker 4: I have to assume that if you're an actor and you want to tackle a real life superstar like Elvis Presley or Timothy doing Bob Dylan or someone doing Springsteen, that takes some courage because if you fail, you fail miserably.
Speaker 1: You know, especially if that person is still alive. Imagine them watching it and be like, I don't Yeah, that's not me.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the only person who doesn't like Beyonce is Aretha Franklin. So you got that one right. One thing. Now, moving on to streaming a little bit. I don't know if you guys have caught the substance last year, but I found out that that one's on HBO Max right now. I believe they just put that one on there. It's number one on the service. And if you're into Bodyhore, if you're into Demi Moore, who I believe should have won an Oscar last year for that performance. That movie is absolutely bonkers, Demi Moore Marvel quality. And it's about a woman who is pretty much an aging movie star and I believe, I want to say it's like the nineties or early two thousands or something like that, and she basically starts to slowly get pushed out of Hollywood, and she gets offered this elixir that would effectively split her body into her older self and her younger self, and they have to switch places one by one. They can never exist at the same time. But what happens when the younger version says I think I'm gonna stay, Things get really like, it gets really crazy, It gets really dark, and it gets very gross and disgusting. And if you're into that type of thing, The Substance is a great walk at home as well.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're watching The Substance, by the way, I hope you don't let the gore and the special effects get in the way of what the message truly is in this film about you know, women in Hollywood, are women anywhere in the workplace or in society, how you know they have these expectations and my man's planning too much. Tell it, Godi, Danielle, you can talk because like the new death becomes her, I feel like it.
Speaker 1: I loved this movie so much. I thought the social commentary behind it was incredible. I mean obviously about women and the pressure on women, but even what we do in our younger years and how it ultimately impacts what happens when you're older and you just kind of ignore it because you're having so much fun and you don't think about, oh wow, this is gonna be a problem.
Speaker 4: It was great. I love you exactly, So even if your sexyst pig like scary, you'll find something to love in this film because the special effects. It is probably juji. Tell me if I'm right or wrong. It's probably one of the It can be the grossest film I think I've ever seen one of them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it definitely.
Speaker 3: Like I have a high threshold when it comes to eating while watching Gore, and I usually impress people with how much I can handle with that. That one I did kind of like do a double take of my popcorn like.
Speaker 4: This, I don't think watchorn.
Speaker 3: That's how you know it's serious, because you popcorn no matter what. But with all that being said, I do think the grossest thing in that movie is Dennis Quaid eating shrimp.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: So where am I?
Speaker 1: Where can we watch it now?
Speaker 2: Finally you can watch it now on HBO Max.
Speaker 4: Do it, do it, Danie'll do it. You need to watch it. And the shrimp scenes fabulous.
Speaker 3: Shrimp scene is so good, but it's so nasty, disgusting.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: A TV show that I want you guys to watch if you're not watching it already, is English Teacher. It's the FX series and it's an amazing series. If you like Abbed Elementary. This one is more of the more adults, more like crude version of that where teachers are teaching out of high school and the main character, who is a gay man like continually inserts himself into his friends lives, his students' lives, and he cares about his students, but he always always goes out of bounds for the love of like teaching. And I don't think I could really say too much about it because I feel like it's a show you have to appreciate because all the characters are great. Everyone has like their own little quirks. The dialogue is amazing, the way they like kind of talk over each other in the situations they find themselves in. It is absolutely a hilarious show. English teacher is like, it's the truth for sure.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Rotten Tomatoes gives it one hundred. It's in season two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Hello, funny how we think we're so plugged into everything and we just miss a lot a lot of a lot of pucks get through the goalie? Here is this? That was a hockey reference?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Is this the one where he's teaching and the girl says that he's triggering her because she was recently diagnosed with asymptomatic tourettes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but but but here's the kicker. Her friend was triggered for her friend because she was her friend was diagnosed so asymthematic tort She's like, oh my god, Like I'm offended that you're not appreciating her truth sir, just like what's happening? Yeah, But at the same time, he's like, I'm a gay man, so like what if I trigger and going around and it's like kind of like trigger circle. It's it's absolutely like hilarious.
Speaker 4: So English Teachers on FX it's saying here in this article, I'm reading it's a little bit nostalgic as well. The credits are scrawling across John Hughes movie background, and it's it reminds you when you were in school, but you know smarter people.
Speaker 3: And I'm so glad that you mentioned John Hughes because every single episode starts and ends with an eighties track that you will hear in.
Speaker 2: A John Hughes wow.
Speaker 3: So you really get that feel that you're about to watch like a John Hughes like type of thing.
Speaker 2: You know, when you start a show with this.
Speaker 3: Song Iran, You're like, oh great, we're gonna have a great episode.
Speaker 4: So this week we've learned from Juju, Green, Spring Springsteen. Is it Delivering Me from Nowhere? Is it what it's called?
Speaker 2: Yep, that's the one, okay.
Speaker 4: Also, the Substance is out on streaming Dan. You don't need to watch it. It is a very important film to watch. Don't get grossed out, don't eat while you're watching it. There's a great storyline going on an English teacher on FX. All right, we've got lots to do this weekend. You can always search for straw Hat Goofy on your Socials Big Old podcast doing really well too. On the Elvis Durran Podcast Network Juju Green every single Friday. Thank you, Judy, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Guys. I love hanging out with y'all. You're the only one get.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Do you want to hurry?
Speaker 3: Were