Speaker 1: Plan change this time around against la given Cooper and Cookery.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's add those two guys. It was tough last time.
Speaker 3: Obviously they beat us, got us with some explosives in the second half. I mean, they're obviously great players. The scheme is, you know, really good. They're not the only two good players on that team. I think the scheme and the skill players that they have that just goes really well together.
Speaker 1: By what Tolnoa brings from a communication aspect against especially against the run on.
Speaker 2: The back end. Yeah, just everything.
Speaker 3: You know that that's always the thing that you want out of your safety, these guys that communicate. I mean, it's it's huge, and he brings it. I mean he's always been really good communicating, you know, to hear from the back end. You know, Fred's obviously doing a ton of communicating too. But as many people as that can be talking, it helps, especially when they're on it and it's quick and it's fast and it's decisive. It gets us in the same call. We're good to go. And he's one of the best.
Speaker 4: The tangible effect and immediately.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you can feel it right away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, up on them early like you were against the Bears and had like three nineteen to four. I think it was in yard is to force all those three and outs. There's some gratification for you in there that, Alright, this is what everybody's on their assignments.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we always felt that's always been the standard, you know. And I mean, are we gonna finish the game giving up eight yards? Probably not, but I mean it's that's always the goal. To be better on third down in red zone, that's what's been showing up. So I think the key for that was being good on first and second down and then finishing it on third down. We've been close so many times and you don't realize when you go When you go back, you see how many times drives get extended. So when you can actually get off on third down and then our offense goes and scores, and then we do it again and then they score, you know, that's the whole complimentary part of the game. And momentum is real, and I mean the guy's executed. Our guys played really hard, really proud of how they played, you know.
Speaker 4: Emo obviously he spoke to the team last week, and all of them have been vocal about the fact that it really helped. It helped the click when you watched his maturation over the years and knowing him as a leader out there on the field. How much bhoo effect does he have on the defense when you watch him out there and are guys watching him to kind of find their momentum or find their spark?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think when any good player, those guys are that's who people look at, whether it's vocal or it's just leading by example. And I think you know the way that Demo plays and how effective he's been and how much success he's had, it's he's grown over time, he's worked. So it's you instantly gained respect for players like that, whether it's your teammate, you know, whether you're coaching 'em. So all good players, people wanna hear when you have something to say, and I think he had something to say and it was it was good. It carries a lot of weight when it comes from guys like that, and everybody respects.
Speaker 5: Him in a football sense. Are there any Are there any comps for Demo? Does anybody else in the league do what he does in terms of nickel outside back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we I it's it's not you don't, it's not very kind. And that's why, you know, he's a special player. And it's it's cool that he can do that, you know, and he accepts it and there was no hesitation and it's tough to do. But I don't there's not many I know Jayalen Ramsey has done that, and he's been a guy that's you know, been able to play nickel and move around and track and follow guys and play outside.
Speaker 2: But there's not a ton.
Speaker 1: He's particularly hot right now.
Speaker 2: What makes him uniquely difficult.
Speaker 3: To defend him, He's just he's a tough football player. Some guys are just competitive. You know, he's got size, he doesn't go down easy. Some some things you can't measure, and he's just got it. You know, he's he's doing the right things. He's moving, you know, Like I said, these skill players really fit the scheme really well, and I think he understands that. But he's got good body control, catch radius. You know, he's got just good athletic skill. But you know, marry that with the toughness that he has. He refused to go down. He's just a good all around football player.
Speaker 5: A fun film for you guys to watch and you and the other coaches who look at this game. I know it was a total team after on defense, but was there any individual that really stood out to you on the rewatch?
Speaker 3: You go through it quick, you don't spend as much time because of the short week, so it wasn't like you can sit there. And I mean I literally go right after the game into this one. So I mean a lot of guys played well. I mean there's so many good, big situations. I mean all the sacks to see e Tour get three sacks and I think Leonard got two and Maliite got one, and it's just but really that whole rush plan, how it worked together. Those guys were tied together, and I think it was a big rushing coverage game that was kind of our plan. And if we needed the pressure, we would based on how the quarterback was moving around. But I think it was just a team effort and that's what it needed to be. That's what it needs to be every week really and being tied together, and then you add the offense and the special teams together.
Speaker 2: Then it's complimentary about.
Speaker 1: Wanting vengeance for this game after the game on Sunday, given that you guys had lost the lead and that was your first game as a DC in that kind of situation. Did you take that personally after that game or did it stick with you a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Than the first RAMS game. I take all losses personally.
Speaker 3: I mean, truthfully, you never want to be losing it at the end, but I mean it's all about wins and losses.
Speaker 2: Do you think that.
Speaker 1: Guys will play with a little bit more vengeance given how that game was lost and they.
Speaker 2: Are a division run. I think our guys are focused regardless.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, we know the importance, We know the importance of this last game. I think it's our guys will be focused and you know it's it's a big game because it's our next.
Speaker 2: It really is