Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Steinbeck, along with Normal Linda and for Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined right now by Christine Aquino. What do you have on your radar?
Speaker 1: Well, Tim, let's take a look at Water. Shall we biggest decliner on the SP five hundred chick Er WAT shares down more than thirteen percent at the close. It's the worst performer as mentioned on the S and B five hundred, and that is because it's said that it will merge with Bechten Dickinson's Bias Sciences and Diagnostic Solutions in a reverse Morris trust transaction. That's a mouthful, but that's essentially a tax optimization strategy that they often use in M and A deals. Just to make it simple, but yeah, that was ad a deal valued at about seventeen and a half billion dollars. And you know, Water is reporting a bunch of synergies, a bunch of cost energies and revenue synergies because of this deal. But then the word industry is that, you know, investors aren't necessarily expected to view this positively in the short term just because there's a bit of dilution. It will take time to implement these strategies. But you know, Waters is saying that they are expecting about three hundred and forty five million dollars in annualized EPID DOT synergies by twenty thirty, So let's save investors is willing to give it to benefit a doubt.
Speaker 4: Eventually I had to talk about that transaction on the closing bell. Such a mouthful. It's but, I mean, weirding, so many words to put together.
Speaker 3: But I was looking at what.
Speaker 4: The analysts we're saying as well about the stock. Jeffreyes was saying that they expect the stock to trade down due to deal size and variables added to a clean replacement cycle. Story shares are down one about eighteen percent urity I.
Speaker 1: One but yeah and yeah, thirty percent of that just today not positively received at first blash by investors.
Speaker 4: What else are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Looking at Autodesks and one of the app performers on the S and P five hundred today, so take her ads CA shares our out up a more than five percent, and so this is kind of a reverse of what we saw with Water. So this company saying that it is no longer pursuing an acquisition of PTC. That is according to people familiar with the matter, and so that would have ranked as one of the year's largest deal so far. But investors weren't necessarily happy about that. So the shares have fallen more than ten percent since the eighth of July. So that was the day before Bloombergeers reported it was considering an acquisition of PTC, and so now they're no longer doing that. Investors are taking that as a positive sign. Potentially maybe they just didn't like the sound of this deal.
Speaker 3: You know, this one was interesting from last week because we saw both companies decline after the deal was announced. Typically you don't see that when it comes to an acquisition, and so there was something that investors didn't love about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and so now they're happy that is no longer happening, evidently from the share move today.
Speaker 3: Okay, PLTR is the ticker Palenteer is what we're talking about. This is a three hundred and fifty two billion dollar market cap.
Speaker 2: Company.
Speaker 3: Absolutely unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's been on a tier today at tim so we did see shares hitting record highs. They're up about five percent at the close. We've seen a few positives for a Palenteer right The most recent one would be President Donald Trump apparently is set to announce a seventeen billion dollar investment in artificial intelligence and energy in Pennsylvania on Tuesday, So that's tomorrow. That's going to be part of the inaugural Pennsylvania Energy and Innovation Summit, and executives from Palneer are expected to attend, so potentially we could see some tie ins there, and then you know, other things going on that are positive for Palenteer. We've seen thirteen F filings, Gayway Investment Advisors boosting its stake in Palenteer for the thirtieth June order, and the Webish analyst Dan Ives last week raising to target to one hundred and sixty dollars from one hundred and forty and maintaining the outperform rating. So we've just seen a stock really kind of steadily take higher over the past week.
Speaker 4: It's interesting, I mean for an investor that hopped in on this trade five years ago. Yeah, stock is up one nine hundred and fifty seven percent. That's insane.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know it was public back then, right, if you could have bought and held it, it's up ninety seven percent here today so far this year.
Speaker 4: It's on as tear. It's, as you said, just NonStop through the winds.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 1: H