Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Microsoft has surpassed Apple as the world as the world's largest company by market cap. So the great thing is that is that we posted that like a week ago that they were Microsoft was only one hundred billion dollars away from passing Apple in market cap, and at that time, you know, there's a lot of people in the comments that was like, laugh out loud, only one hundred billion, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know it's a teachable moment as far as for corporate finance, and you know how things that can look like a large number to some is a very small number to somebody else.
Speaker 3: Perception is everything, and that's that's that's the thing about life. One person's mountain is another person's hill, right, One person's trash is another man's treasure. We could go down the line here.
Speaker 5: So no, pun intended, reception isn't very important.
Speaker 6: Perception is a very important thing.
Speaker 3: So one hundred one hundred billion, yeah to an average person. To me, like as I'm looking at it from a bank account standpoint, if I was looking at it from that standpoint, then yeah, I'll be like, oh yeah, one hundred billion dollars. That's crazy. But I think it's important. Part of the job is to educate people. So we wasn't look, we wasn't talking about it as far as like in somebody's net worth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just in our bank America Mark America, I have.
Speaker 6: One hundred million, So it's a teachable moment.
Speaker 3: But so Microsoft has surpassed Apple that quickly, one hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 6: They caught up that quickly.
Speaker 3: So do you do you foresee Microsoft maintaining this lead and how does this play out for the future of both companies? Do you see Apple reclaiming the petition? Does it matter? Is it like just a celebroteatory thing that you know doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, or is it actually important?
Speaker 7: I think it's actually important. Anytime you lose pole position and you're not number one, you have to start to be worried. Some stats around Microsoft profit margin. This is a multi trillion dollar company. Thirty four percent profit margin, amazing, operate margin forty three percent, gross margin sixty eight percent, return on assets nineteen percent, institutional ownership seventy two percent. So at a time when Apple is not the innovator, the leader and breaking edge technology wants you, and we have to compare this to Apple is also a consumer based company that does some enterprise and some BDG. Microsoft does a ton of BDG, ton of enterprise with wider margins. You have to be worried when someone passes you up. This isn't just like some milestone that does not matter. And normally when these companies are number one, and of course for the next year or two, I think they go back and forth in terms of market cap. But once again, if they don't innovate, I can see Microsoft keeping that lead and with the interest in AI.
Speaker 8: And it's the interesting part. Microsoft hasn't partner with.
Speaker 7: Anybody to make an electronic vehicle, which we can talk about that's Space Slater. They have not gotten into healthcare, and they don't have a consumer product that people love. If they actually innovate and make a product that people really love at scale with the leadership, with Satia just being focused on the business, this could be the era. Well Microsoft remains dominant for a decade, and I keep saying that if it wasn't for Barber, there would be no Microsoft.
Speaker 6: Kudos to Barmber and everything that you're doing.
Speaker 7: I think you're amazing, but he wasn't right for the CEO position, and Gates had a lot to do with that with the infighting. But I think this is probably and I still love Apple for everyone who's messaging me like should I sell Apple?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: But I think we are seeing a passing of the guard if you will. And most importantly, we need publicly traded companies to build things that actually work and that people need.
Speaker 6: We don't and I have three of them.
Speaker 7: We don't need another iPhone seven upgrade that's called a fifteen.
Speaker 8: Microsoft is actually innovated.
Speaker 7: And then once they got into the AI space, amazing partnership with like their joint venture that they did with Open Ai and put them in a different category. So if I was Apple, I would be a little bit worried. And Microsoft as of now definitely is a better company.
Speaker 6: A lot there, there's a lot there. They're earners. What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon.
Speaker 6: Square is hands.
Speaker 5: Down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal as have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: See I mean it was short lived, right, So Apple did go back on top as the number one as far as market cap, But I'm with you. In twenty twenty four definitely, And we said the six months ago when we were looking at the market caps were analyzed and the same based on the four momentum that Microsoft has, especially with the partnership, like you said in open Ai, there's a chance here that they're going to pass them in. That day came, and I think it's gonna be prolonged for a couple of reasons, but I think that AI space is one of them. You mentioned that there hasn't been a product that Microsoft has had, a consumer product, and so I had to when you said it, I started thinking, like, was there a product?
Speaker 6: Is Windows the last product? Right?
Speaker 5: Is that the last thing that people could say that we really loved in the nineties in the nineties, right? And interestingly enough, what they've now done with open Ai and creating Copilot, this might be the thing. So if you look at the numbers on Copilot that just did a quick research on it, nearly half of Fortune one hundred companies have incorporated into the enterprise software already. And so you're talking about large revenue right when you're talking about Fortune one hundred companies. But they're going to have it for consumers as part as their their their office package. Uh and this year what that does now when you have open ai right and you have copilot using that, now you need more cloud space. And so what has been increasing over the past three quarters for them bazoor right, And it's kind of dented in the space where Amazon Aws was is far by far the leader. It's cracked the dent in their in their their their lead, it's cracked that in Google Clouds lead. And Ozor is that third place player with a lot of momentum. And so if you're looking at these two things alone, and last week we talked about it, what's the innovation? What is the thing that Apple will have and we don't know it yet?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, the fact that they are already in the lead in this AI space with these mountain factors. I like them for twenty twenty four and maybe for twenty twenty five if we don't see the exact innovation. I know people in the comments, actually read the comments on the other day when we did market Mondays, and they're like people said the same things when Steve Jobs passed. They don't innovate enough, they don't innovate enough. Okay, they have products, they have had products, but that wasn't true. Well, this is what the comments were saying. Right, they've had products, and yes, right, we've seen what Tim Cook has done. And I mean there's an argument that he could be when it goes down right in history and we look back, he might have been a greater CEO than Jobs.
Speaker 6: Was also a question, that's right question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so now now is the time, right over the next twelve to sixteen months, it's going to be important time. And I know it's like it's sematics, right, your market cap.
Speaker 6: Is number one. I was his number two.
Speaker 5: But it means something right in those headquarters, right, it means something. And Amazon's right there too. Right in the past I think twelve years, there's only been three companies that have been in that one and two spot, Amazon, Apple and Microsoft. So it definitely means something amongst them. And whoever comes out with the most innovative and is leading in a way of the future, especially for technology. I mean, they get the crown. And I'm sure that people able to think about it the same way that Amazon and Microsoft.
Speaker 6: Doo. Everybody wants to be the top spot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if the enterprise value or the market cap value is the same. Apple's profit margin is twenty five percent. Microsoft is thirty four. For a multi trillion dollar company that's like a one hundred million dollar business having an eighty percent profit margin, it does matter. And if they make another acquisition being Microsoft, that can give them a Furtherly, it's never a good thing when you have a brand and people are before it comes out are saying, I'm not going to buy that product. Even Apple fans are saying unless it can shoot out laser beams or transport me to Davo, so put me in game and throw I don't even I'm not even going.
Speaker 6: To consider it. We're here, right, We walked the streets for two hours.
Speaker 5: Every ten feet two letters are posted all throughout the streets and it's AI everywhere, and yeah, every single it's AI.
Speaker 6: It's AI.
Speaker 5: And if we think about AI, especially from the consumer side, who's leading that space?
Speaker 6: There's no doubt it's Microsoft. It's no doubt, not even a question. So what I'll tell you what? You take two index, no stress.
Speaker 7: I even even remember people saying Microsoft wouldn't have the number one spot.
Speaker 8: Investing those two, you'll be good. But I still want the companies that I'm invested in to keep their and keep innovator.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Answered by the United States Department of Homeland Security