Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Lizzie Burden with Stephen Carroll, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor, Louise Moon. Louise, you're having a very French Friday. I want to start with Lorel investors deciding its stock isn't worth it.
Speaker 1: It's not it seems. Shares were down at one point this morning over six percent in Paris for Laurel. That's after fourth quarter results. Sales were up, but they missed estimates, so they came in weaker than expected. And the thing that's really been focused on is their luxury division, which is suffering. So they own the likes of long com Ive, San Laurn and other luxury brands. They're seeing a lot of weakness there, particularly to do with China, the Chinese consumer spending. There being a lot weaker for Lorrel if you look at Europe and America, the sales their top deestimate, so China's really standing out as the weaker point, so there's kind of already changing habits. Well, there's already the changing habits in terms of spending, and then analysts are also noting that there's also on top of that, rising competition from Asia in particular Korean and Chinese brands, beauty brands in particulars that could also pose an added threat as well or already posing a threat. And then back to Europe, they are saying that there's still they're still cautious about European demand for the year ahead. So even though Europe's, you know, one of the stronger regions at the moment, there could still be some some rockiness ahead. But yeah, at the moment, weakness in luxury, particularly in China, weighing on loreal okay.
Speaker 4: And staying as France, as Lizzie mentioned, we're going to turn into the tech sector and cap Gemini results out. This is an interesting one because they're on sort of one side of the AI as good AI as bad story that we've been telling everywhere else.
Speaker 1: Indeed, yeah, so if you look back at their share price, so over the past year, it's down about thirty percent, so not performing that well on part of that more recently, it's been embroildered that kind of wider software sell off to do with AI, to do with fears over these companies being vulnerable to the boom and AI AI innovation, and then Gemini specifically has also suffered slightly in terms of customers spending less. You know, there's more tariff an saturity, high interest rates, wide economic slow down, so it's had a bit of a double headwind over the past year. They had their fourth quarter results this morning and sales growth actually beat estimates and people are well, I said people, and Lisser noting that it signifies that AI related bookings are kind of boosting that so it's seeing a bit of benefit coming through. They also had some interest in comments from the CEO saying that they're clearly pivoting to facilitating AI adoption. That's really the focus. So they're really making that clear that is the focus going forward. They say that's going to fuel sales this year, drive growth. So yeah, and Lissen noting, you know, momentum ahead looks quite positive for revenues. It's showing how it plans to execute the story around AI, and so shares are reacting positively, so that they jumped in morning trading.
Speaker 3: And finally Louis Saffran giving it Surnings targets an upgrade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has a rise on the back of this, So Saffron that the French aerospace company a nice French trio actually today. So they've improved their twenty twenty six guidance and they've also upgraded twenty twenty eight targets. They say they're accelerating, you know, preparing technology for next generation aircraft. And they say the strength of those units so they're civil engines and defense segments that they cater both to commercial and to military. They say, the strength of that shit to help offset the impact from tariffs as well as a drag from certain taxes as well. As this has really been welcome. So shares up apcent, sort of record high if you look back, they've kind of been swing really since twenty twenty two on the back of the whole wider defense story. But up even more today, as I say, to.
Speaker 3: A record high.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.