Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's you.
Speaker 3: I Am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Danielle and Suzanner. Here. This is Amy Sugarman, and this is the Eye Am all In podcast and we have taken over, of course Scott for today.
Speaker 4: Happy Labor Day, guys, Happy Labor Day. Why does it feel weird that it's not like? This is Scott Patterson joined by our intrupid crew, Amy's Sugarman, who's in French, Danielle Romo tars.
Speaker 2: Is this the second time we did this? We did this with Sebastian Ones.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. Listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: So Scott is in Canada working, but we and it's Labor Day. Happy day everybody. But we wanted to have an episode as we gear up for the movies. So I watched already.
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't say anything because we're gonna wait till Scott is back to recap that. But what I will say, I will give this teaser which I put in the group text, way better than the first time I watched him, Way better.
Speaker 5: See I told you I like the first one. You're like, what the heck is this so you have to like kind of let it sink in a little bit.
Speaker 4: It was my first time watching it, so like I have nothing to compare it to. But I loved it. I enjoyed it. I loved it. I thought they, well, I don't want to get into it, but in the beginning I was kind of like, conger, Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 2: Couple in the fac there's only a couple, which we'll get into with Scott and I think he may agree, but I will say watching it because I haven't watched it in eight years since they came out the first time, way better, like exponentially better and almost like which we'll talk about when we do it. It bittersweet because I loved it so much that I was like, had a sad feeling in my heart, like why is this show over? Yeah, it really made me need more, so I so get how everybody feels away. But anyway, we wanted to do a special episode for you guys today, so we have two guests that I'm so excited about being here because one of the things when I was watching the movies is it made me so nostalgic for Gilmore girls, like even more so than when I watched the regular series, right, I realized like, oh my god, they did come back, and there's the Stars Hollow. So we wanted to get our buddies from Warner Brothers to talk to us about like the Gilmore Girls set and the tour and Stars Hollow and everything. So I think we're ready for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's bring them in.
Speaker 2: So we wanted to have you guys on so we'll bring up to speed on where we're at. So we just finished with Scott rewatching all seven seasons.
Speaker 1: I was listening to your last podcast this morning.
Speaker 2: So this is our in between week. As we're getting ready, we call them the movies. I know a lot of people don't refer to them that way. They refer to them as you know, episodes or the new season or how the Netflix episodes. We call them movies because to us it's like four movies.
Speaker 4: Movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're getting ready to watch those. So first we would love this is David and Danny. We love for you guys to just explain who you are and what you do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: My title is the director of Commercial and that's just a fancy way of saying I'm in charge of the food and the beverage and the retail products on the tour.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and now I'm Danny On, the vice president General manager of Warner Brothers Studio Tour Hollywood, so I'll oversee the day to day operations here in the studio tour.
Speaker 2: So what happened for me when I was watching The Winter the first movie is even more so than the series. It made me so nostalgic love Gilmore Girls again. It made me like Mispit. I felt all these feelings and I was like, I am so I want to go do the tour and just get a little more Gilmore in my life, and especially with it being September, it's like it's Gilmore season. Yes, Well, you tell everyone you know, and a lot of people listening have actually come out and done the tour and some haven't. Some haven't. They've been to the amazing event we did a couple of years ago where Scott was there and you really rebuilt stars Hollow. Will you tell everybody, like both of you guys, food wise and tour wise, the Gilmore part of the Warner Brothers tour.
Speaker 6: Well, this event that you mentioned that we did a couple of years ago, We're doing that plus more. You know, the fans loved it and they and we listen, We hung out and starshollow with them and we heard it, well, it would.
Speaker 1: Be great if you could do this or do that. So we've listened to them, and we're adding more.
Speaker 6: We have more things to walk through and see the famous scenes that you've seen from the show and the movies, and more places to eat, like a Gilmore, more places to shot up, more great products.
Speaker 7: So and it's it really is. It's all on special ground. You know, this is all hollowed ground that we have this event on because it's the actual filming location Gilmore Girls. Throughout the reun of the series and when the series had its reprisal on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I like what Scott said in the last podcast.
Speaker 6: He said Starsolo is one of the characters, and I agree, it is one of the characters of the show so well.
Speaker 2: And what I'll say as a teas for the for winter Man is that stars Hollow elevated even more. It's shot so beautifully in these movies. Essentially it's lit, it's shot. And I think that when they came back they really realized what Scott is talking about and it became even more of a character, and it was it looked so incredible.
Speaker 7: That that whole Stars Hall, Connecticut, Midwest Street on our line. It's just such a convincing backwot set to begin with. Any way, you look, you're there in that town and you're one hundred percent right when it's decorated with snow and it feels like a winter wonderland. There's just such a special quality about it. What do you think, David, It's it's about having hot chocolate on the back loot on Midwest Street.
Speaker 1: That just feels so satisfied.
Speaker 6: And what's interesting is when you're on the set, you can kind of make up your own episode or a movie. And we have little Easter eggs displayed in the in the town from all the different episodes, including that New York Snow Woman is there.
Speaker 2: And Danielle was there. So it was two years ago December, and Scott will reveal but I can say we will be back. So Scott will be back the show, our podcast will be back, and soon we want everybody to start listening because we're going to reveal more details on that. But Danielle, when you first walked onto this that part of the tour.
Speaker 4: Like the gazebo is front and center, so like that's the first thing that is like I'm in Gilmore Girls Land. Yeah, I mean Luke's Diner and like all all those places I remember that event that like the food that was being served was not like normal food it was it was pop tarts and donuts and just like the cute Gilmore Girls stuff that was. So it was just so fun being back there. But when you're actually on the lot, you realize, like how movie magic is right, like everything it's little square where everything lives, and you're just like, this is crazy. Everything's so close to each other. But but yeah, I will say the one thing that was the most nostalgic was the like gazebo in the middle because it's such a staple in Gilmore. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: For you guys, David and Danny, do you feel Look, because I'd love to hear a little bit more about the tour in general, and I haven't been on the Warner Brothers tour, which I do want to do, and I'd love to hear that for people that aren't there in December, what do they see of Stars Hollow? But would you say, like the Gilmore fans are the most like hardcore where they just come out and they love this show. Are there are there any other fans that compare?
Speaker 7: Oh god, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: The Friends couch is there. Sorry not to answer your own question, but.
Speaker 1: This Friends is right up there.
Speaker 6: And what's interesting is they filmed during the same time period, you know, so yeah.
Speaker 7: But Gilmore fans though, it's it really is a reaction that you see when you go on Too Midwestreet with a cart full of Gilmore Girls fans because the energy just pulling into that street. It's it really is on a different level and of enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: That we normally see.
Speaker 7: That show just means so much to people, and I feel like when you go into that street, it just it transforms you into, you know, a better time and place that you just what you want to stick around.
Speaker 6: And again it's going back to the town is a character, so it's like you're meeting somebody, You're meeting the town.
Speaker 2: So you see it so prevalently on social media on TikTok and Instagram, the pride people have in their own towns that are similar to Stars Hollow, Like you see people like I'm from where the real exterior of Richard and Emily's is, or you know, I'm from the town that inspired Stars Hollow, or like even just it being almost fall like people are just with pride, like showing off their Gilmore esque.
Speaker 6: And what we've tried to do is we're taking what you just said, but we're adding. We're adding the sounds, so we'll have the music from the show, even the sounds of crickets at night, you know.
Speaker 1: To give you like you're really there.
Speaker 6: We'll have the sense, we'll have the sense of Stars Hollow, whether it's coffee or to snow. I smell snow, right, yeah, And we'll have all the all the visual things, you know, the things that we're adding into the existing set to make it feel like you're really there, just for.
Speaker 2: People, because I know they're in there. They're on their walks or they're in their cars going like wait, how do I go to this? Can you guys tell everyone like how do we get tickets? How do we experiences this? Always, but also especially in December when you transform transformed a lot.
Speaker 6: Well, we have a great website, I mean, Danny you can talk about that, but it's easy to log in and check out the different types of tours we have and you can book them right on line.
Speaker 7: Yeah, David just said it the best place to go to buy studio tour tickets on the Bbstudio tour dot com to get your tickets there. We offer studio tours throughout the year, so seven days a week you can visit Stars Public, Connecticut aka Midwest Street, which is also Hazard County, Georgia for fans.
Speaker 4: Or just gonna ask what other show's shot there that like compete for that turf, Like.
Speaker 7: That's Street's very popular shooting location. It's been used since the nineteen thirties. You've seated in hundreds and hundreds of episodes of television and films throughout the years.
Speaker 6: I think any Gilmer fans should do themselves a favorite and watch The Music Man, which is oh yeah, music from nineteen sixty two, and that really showcases that set and you can see how things have changed or this are different, you know, but that's really fun to watch that music.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that starts hollowing from the sixth time.
Speaker 2: Once in a while I think I'm watching TV and I go nine stars hollow Wait is that alenk Steiner?
Speaker 6: But that's movie magic you put a different coat of paint on something, change the awnings and the light posts, and it's a different town.
Speaker 7: But something that's so special about the event, though, is, you know, everything that David was talking about about recreating the sounds and the environment and making you feel like you're there. There's an unquantifiable about this with this event, and that's this sense of community and fan and engagement of one with one another. It's just a big span celebration at the end of the day, and it's so nice to be in that element. And even if you're not for those people that got pulled over the event with a Gilmore fin and they're not really quite the fan of Gilmore girls, there's plenty to see and do on the studio tour and just things to experience on the back lot when you're at the event that make it fun.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, we missed it so much last year. We're so glad you guys are bringing it back. Especially, like I said, it's fall all almost, so it's the perfect time. And I actually I do know the date that we're going to be there, which we will be giving out to everybody soon, but I planned my schedule based on it so that I can get into town and be there, and I know a lot of people are going to do that. So this is just a tease. When Scott gets back, we will reveal the date. But yeah, like what else it on the tour that you know people really care?
Speaker 1: It's just kill mar girls, I'm teasing.
Speaker 7: The tour is every It's a look at every day life with Warner Brothers Studios and behind the scenes, going through the sound stages, the backlock sets at Warner Brothers Studios, So every day is different based on what's happening on the lot and what the productions are doing. But every tour does go through an exhibit called Script to Screen Stage pretty script to Screen where we get a chance to learn a little bit more about production design, get up close and personal to famous costumes that and props that we've seen throughout the years in various television shows and features. The Friends Hunter Perk stage is a big head and that's that everybody's chance to get a photo off on the actual Yeah, same thing with Big Bang Theory. Oh yeah, a lot over here as well. So you get a chance to really learn more about production, production techniques, filmmaking, and celebrate all of the films and television shows that we've shot here for one hundred years.
Speaker 1: And our classics. We have our classic actresses right here.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, my god, your office is so cool. I told this story before, but I think it was maybe in season four. I can't exactly remember. Of Gilmore Girls, I actually was at we had two people that were background from iHeart, and so I went while they were, you know, shooting the show and being on that set. You summed it up by saying, there is something magical about the way Gilmore Girls was stars hollow, even though you're on a set, there's it's there's parts where you're like, wait, I think I actually am in Lukes Diner, like the real like that the Gilmour's Richard and Emily threw me off because that's definitely on a sound stage. But there's other parts that are like whoa, this is real.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And what's interesting is they filmed so much of that in the practical sets, which are really right there on Midwest Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Luke's just not in a sound stage on that street.
Speaker 2: So and as we're teasing this, one of the you know, everybody kind of knows we're wrapping up watching it for the first time, but that we're going to come back in a sort of a slightly different incarnation. And one element of that will be the food. Right, it's such an important part of Gilmore Girls, and it's such an important thing for Scott. We call them Scott slash Luke. Will you talk about the food a little bit, especially for the special Gilmore Girls days.
Speaker 6: Sure, we want people to eat like a Gilmore Girl here at the event, and so we're adding some new places. We'll have Al's Pancake World, which you never see on the show, which is kind of a cool thing.
Speaker 1: We've we've kind of what would it.
Speaker 6: Look like, so you can experience that on the tour. That's sort of a fun thing. And we'll of course have coffee coffee coffee.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you gotta have God's Coffee Coffee coffee.
Speaker 6: And we'll have our new Fall Blend in Winter Blend as well. Yeah, we'll have pop tarts, We'll have Tater top Boy, we'll have all the good stuff pizzat Hamburger, you know, anything Laura I and Rory would eat. I don't know how they state, but we will we will have the food. Yeah, we also have some theme drinks. We're gonna have like smoothies and drinks that are are based on the different characters. So we'll really have some fun things that the fans can can little easter eggs that they can enjoy.
Speaker 2: You can't wait. We want everybody to be able to come, and soon we'll reveal the day that Scott's going to be there as well as like all our special guests. But so when you guys like walk on you know, like on a regular day or both your offices there.
Speaker 1: We walked through it, We walked by it all the time.
Speaker 6: In fact, I was just there this morning and Stars Hollow, Stars Hollow planning for this event. We're like, okay, we need to change that. We need to put a door in here so we can bring the coffee and you know that type of thing.
Speaker 1: So where are we getting ready for it?
Speaker 7: So any one of the funnest things is working on the lot. Having this being the place that we come through every day and every day is different. Also, it really is so much fun having an office and just visiting a motion pictures video.
Speaker 1: Like Warner Brothers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to catch yourself, you know, Like I watched the show as well, and I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm walking in the same place slow Land. We already had that conversation I just saw, So it's really amazing to think I'm walking on the same place that I filmed this.
Speaker 2: We love to call it glitching out. You glitch out because you're like, wait, whoa like, is this real? Am? I? When it's that feeling and we.
Speaker 5: Kind of love that.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you one exciting thing for this event?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Next year. I don't know if you guys have figured this out. I'm sure you have.
Speaker 6: Next year, it'll be twenty five years, so yeah, we'll have a whole So Lurlia is gonna be hosting a twenty five fifth anniversary party at her house this year, So we're gonna have some special product that will be the first to unveil the logo of the twenty fifth anniversary celebration.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be like a whole party at her house.
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have to like look at the calendar to figure out when SO did the show premiere. Suzanne, you can probably tell us September of two thousand thou wow, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Time having fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I can't wait for everybody to kind of watch the movies with us that we were about it before you guys came on that it's like, it's so weird to watch them eight years later and how we were saying, like I like them more now, and it made me miss the show that much more. It's like, man, I really.
Speaker 7: A sour real to have that that that production back at the studio all Also, it's like a relative coming back home and having a reunion with them to see that the show would just cheer them on.
Speaker 5: And I know they had to rebuild some of the sets on sound stages because obviously they'd been you know, torn down down, but you can't even tell, like the interiors they look the same as they did, you know, in the early two thousands. So it's like the whole movie magic is just amazing.
Speaker 1: And what's nice is most of it's still here.
Speaker 6: But I remember they had to rebuild that that's house right next to our lives, so that was there for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's one of the things that really is just so fascinating to see about the production, how quickly these sets are on the skilled artisans and perhaps people that are so capable and on a moment's notice. Just recreating something like that. It really is to see.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't wait. We can't thank you guys enough for starting to tease everything coming, and we're going to have you back over the next couple of months as we start to make announcements about what we're doing and and you know, all the things we're in partnership together on for this, especially the holiday season that the Warner Brothers a lot.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Jamie. It's so nice to be here with you guys. We smell snow, hope to have you heard Warner Brothers.
Speaker 2: Oh, you guys are the best. Thank you so much. We'll see you soon and tell James Pettick we love him.
Speaker 1: We'll do. We love you too.
Speaker 2: We'll have you guys back with Scott and we'll talk more about it soon. Look forward to it, you two guys. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Hi guys.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so excited. I can't wait, you guys, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be that's gonna be fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Suzanne, you've done it before, right, it's so put it on your calendars and then everybody will are going to give you all the details because we would love for everybody that can to join us, and don't worry you can. We'll also stream it as we did two years ago, so that people that can't be there can join it.
Speaker 4: We'll not wait to buy out the whole March store again again. I'm like, oh God, I guess save up now.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for the food. I just think Gilmart Girl's food is like there's something about it that's so fun. It's like they're right that stars Hollow as a character. But I actually think and this is something I want to dig into when we come back again. Fashion and food are also like such an important character in the show. Yeah. Wait, Susanne, have you done the tour.
Speaker 5: I have not officially done the tour, but I've been to the back lot with Scott before for various things here and there, So I've been like in that you know, the Stars Hollow Square, I think three times now.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's just so.
Speaker 5: Cool, Like it's just like David was saying, it's amazing to like be in the actual spot where they filmed, you know, your favorite scene or whatever, Like it's just so neat to be there where it.
Speaker 4: Actually, it was really weird getting a coffee from Lukes, like actual Lukes, you know what I mean, Like because they had like the whole coffee. They had the you know, you go up to Lukes, you order a coffee, YadA, YadA YadA, and I'm like what am I doing right now? Like this is so weird?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the glitching if like you didn't know Scott was going to be there, and Scott's there like serving coffee, you would live literally fully glitch out.
Speaker 4: Like Yeah.
Speaker 5: The first time that I was there, it was twenty nineteen. It was the Christmas event and it was right for the pandemic, which of course we didn't know at the time it was perfect pandemic. But so Scott made an appearance and his assistant couldn't go with him, so I went with it to help take some pictures and things like that. And it was so cool because it wasn't announced ahead of time. He just came walking out of Kim's Antias Kim's and people lost their minds when they realized that he was there. And it was so much fun, like it just was a fun like fan yeah event, and everybody was just you know, you're just hanging out with other people that love the show as much as you do. And it was so much fun to see them when they saw Scott and they realize, oh my gosh, you know, it's just it was just a really fun afternoon. So I'm I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: I got I can't wait. Well, hopefully we didn't irritate people too much that we're here and isn't but we'll see so everybody I wanted to be here.
Speaker 5: He really did try. Yeah, he'sn't like his schedules a little crazy, a.
Speaker 2: Little crazy, but it's gonna calm down. So everybody watched Winter and we'll be back soon with starting, you know, talking about all the movies and then we're excited to tell everybody what's coming up for sort of after we finished the movies.
Speaker 4: Bye, all right, be safe everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, send your cards, a letter.
Speaker 4: Send your cards and letters. Everybody.
Speaker 2: Have a good best fans, best planet, best fans on the plant.
Speaker 3: We are one, all in tell you guys.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 6: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at b more at iHeartRadio dot com