Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and now he Armstrong and Eddy. This is step one. We have a long way to go.
Speaker 3: A federal judge in Seattle handing President Trump the first court loss of his second presidency, swiftly blocking an executive order that would redefine bird citizenship inside a packed courtroom. Reagan appointed judge John Kunauer called the president's order blatantly unconstitutional. Twenty two states are suing in two separate lawsuits. Trump's order would end the practice of giving citizenship to a child born in the United States, even if both parents are not citizens.
Speaker 2: You are an American if you were born in the United States.
Speaker 4: In the Constitution, and we were talking about this the other day, should a president our last several presidents have done this, be trying to do things that they know are unconstitutional. I guess the gray area is if you have legal scholars telling you this is constitutional, or the Constitution is wrong on this, or the Constitution is being misinterpreted on this or something, then you kind of have some cover for I'm not being an unconstitutional. It's been misinterpreted. Let's have the court interpreted it again. But are there constitutional scholars saying this one's wrong or being misinterpreted.
Speaker 1: I don't, you haven't read.
Speaker 5: That's their Yeah, oh yeah, I was just going to say, I think David spun It was a good reporter, but to say the first judicial defeat of his new administration too much. It's like me going to buy a three hundred dollars lawnmower and I say, will you take two hundred for it?
Speaker 1: And they say that's a little low. Joe Getty is endured a lawnmower defeat.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's just that's part of the process I'm going through. It's yeah, it's highly debatable weather the fourteenth Amendment means. What the liberal point of view is that absolutely anybody wanders onto the territories of the United States and then pop's a kid, that kid's a citizen.
Speaker 1: In talking about this, I just I want everybody.
Speaker 5: To remember what we're trying to fix, and that is not necessarily birthright citizenship per se.
Speaker 4: Do you want to make sure the children of slaves can be a US citizens and have all the rights therefore being a citizen.
Speaker 5: Well you kind of jumped ahead, but yeah, that's absolutely true. But no, what we're trying to prevent, aren't we is what do they call it a citizenship tourism?
Speaker 1: Yeah, birth tourism. What's the term that people use either of those? Yeah, yeah, something like that, where you know, you have.
Speaker 5: Chinese nationals often at the behest of hijin ping fly to la pop a kid who's a US citizen then and can be used as a tool for the communists going forward.
Speaker 1: That's the worst of it.
Speaker 4: You're right, hand's an anchor baby. That's another good term, which is a different thing. What President she is doing, great idea. You got all these Chinese nationals who are US citizens, so they can travel in and out and around very easily without scrutiny because they're US citizens.
Speaker 1: That's his goal.
Speaker 4: And then the anchor baby thing is we can just get a kid born there. Then with the whole chain migration thing, we can get you know, fifteen other people aunts, uncles, nephews, obviously moms and dads into the country.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: And there's just a question of whether the fourteenth Amendment ever meant to include anybody who like jumps off a boat runs down to the beach in Miami, gives birth, and then jumps on a boat and goes back to wherever they're from. And to my mind, absolutely not, it never meant that. Here's here's the specific verbiage. Fun fact, the fourteenth Amendment is five paragraphs long, and it would take the next three and a half minutes for me to read the entire thing. It's very very long, as opposed to the thirteenth Amendment, Slavery Abolished, which I could read in about twenty five five seconds.
Speaker 1: Anyway, here's the relevant part.
Speaker 5: All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
Speaker 1: And there are some people on the right who say.
Speaker 5: Ah, subject to the jurisdiction thereof, that's not illegal.
Speaker 1: Limit. It's an openage, shutcase. It's easy. It's not easy.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of disagreement over to what extent that verbiage applies to one thing or another. But so my two points are, number One, Trump has begun the process of the courts taking a serious look at the fourteenth Amendment and what it means, what it was intended to mean originally how it's been interpreted the rest of it.
Speaker 1: It's fine's process we have to go through.
Speaker 5: And if it turns out that even the soups say, look, it's always meant this that if you pop a baby on American soil, the kid's a citizen, and so we're going to go with that interpretation, all right, then we go through the process of do we want to change that. Now, that'd be a long and cumbersome process, but it's begun.
Speaker 4: I don't so I've read some of the pushback from people on the right who say, no, no, no, birthright citizenship is good and here's why, And a lot of it has to do with we need more people, we need talented people, touch sid can't we use a different process other than birthright citizenship to make those people citizens or their children?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 5: And I'm glad you brought that up because that reminded me of where I wanted to go with the discussion. I think we could very easily. It's a cumbersome process, but I think it's very persuasive argument. I'm in the Constitution in a way that makes clear if you are lawfully here, if we.
Speaker 1: Have invited you.
Speaker 5: If we have said, yeah, you're the sort of person we want here, and you have some sort of permanent status or even like a semi permanent status, and you have a child here, Yeah, okay, that's fine. Kids are US citizen Welcome.
Speaker 4: Surely there's got to be some way to have a If your parents are staying at the holiday inn and you landed on Wednesday and you're gonna fly out the next Wednesday, that don't count.
Speaker 5: Right, You've got to have legal status. I don't think that's unreasonable at all. Got this note from Todd San Diego area. Bah bah bah, how's this case for birthright citizenship? It expresses American exceptionalism most are all other countries. Your national identity is bound up with your family history. It's less true now than it used to be where your ancestors lived between this mountain, that river or whatever. America isn't about the past, It's about the future. So if you start your life here, no matter the circumstances, you're an American, dammit.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that idea, he writes. Yeah. And the other idea is that.
Speaker 5: It attracts people the sort of people we want to the country. It's an enormous gift to say, all right, if you come over and make your life here, your kids are citizens welcome. But all I require, and all people who think like meat require, is that it's done lawfully.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's not a huge ask, is it? So?
Speaker 3: Is uh?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Is this different Trump doing this and putting it into the courts? Do we take another look at this part of the Constitution and decide if it needs to be tweaked or if it's final way? Is that okay? And how is that different from Biden jamming in the school loans stuff? Despite that he can't Could Biden make the argument, no, No, I think the courts are wrong about the way they interpret my power to wipe out kids loans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could make that case.
Speaker 5: There are like no legal scholars who thought that was going to pass muster of any seriousness. I mean, that was just a naked pander to his core. I see your point, though there is some overlap in terms of the politics of it. But how to interpret the fourteenth Amendment is is that is a thing in constant circles. That's not crazy to say, hey, the original intent has not been followed and the situation has been allowed to get wildly out of hand. We need to take a serious look at the intent of the fourteenth Amendment.
Speaker 1: But we don't want every president.
Speaker 4: Forcing every rule law part of the Constitution into the courts because they want to question it. I'm going to shoot my opponent and then we'll get into the courts and see if that's okay.
Speaker 1: I argue it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, yeah, it's the eye of the beholder thing to some extent.
Speaker 1: But I mean Biden was just handing stacks.
Speaker 5: Of cash to his most likely voters at the expense of tax payers. It was so nakedly just transactional and corrupt. In the rest of it, Trump's saying we got to take.
Speaker 1: A look at the fourteenth Amendment. It's very different in my mind.
Speaker 5: A quick tip for you, there's fun to be had this weekend with the football playoffs. Yeah, I want to talk to our friends that prize picks have got some good, great offers for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I want to talk next segment about what Tom Brady said about Mahomes and around. I think that's really interesting. How many yards will Mahomes run for? How many will he throw for? What is the more or less on that? If you download the Prize Picks app. You can get into some of these categories and you could win up to one thousand times your money on Price Picks.
Speaker 5: And this week is the seven Days of Pismos where Prize Picks is giving you a shot at one million dollars along with a daily reward just for playing.
Speaker 1: And it's just so easy.
Speaker 5: You pick more or less out of player's at jection at least two and go from there. And they have all sorts of incentives and fun stuff, but it's super easy to do. And again, you play five dollars, you get a fifty dollars bonus.
Speaker 4: So you download the Prize Picks app, sign up today. Yeah, fifty dollars bonus instantly when you play five. Everybody gets that. It's guaranteed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't need to win, they just give you fifty for playing five. Easy as that download Prize Picks today, use that code Armstrong Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Run your game.
Speaker 4: Trump is in North Carolina and ignored disaster that occurred in Trump Country, and that's part of the reason it gets ignored. And you know, La New York are always going to get more attention anyway when things happen. But Trump's in North Carolina to draw attention to the failure of the Biden FEMA administration there. Then he's head of the California and there's some great drama around that. If you haven't heard about it, I'll meet with Gavin Newsom and everything like that. We don't know how this is going to play out. We'll have to tell you about that, among other things.
Speaker 7: On the way stage, Arm Straw he yetie that urgent mid air may day as smoke fills the cockpit and cabin of a Cathe Pacific Airlines plane. Passenger video taken just minutes after takeoff from Boston's Logan International Monday, showing reading lights shining through the thick haze as it quickly filled the packed Hong Kong bound aircraft. The pilots forced to turn the airbus A three fifty a round in the air for nearly an hour, dumping fuel to lighten the plane, landing safely back in Boston, the airline saying none of the three hundred and two people on.
Speaker 1: Board were hurt. I'm not a new US fly at all.
Speaker 4: Thank God, I do not have that particular phobia, because I know people with it and it seems awful but cabin fills with smoke so thick I can't see.
Speaker 1: I'm texting loved ones. I'm concerned. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Indeed I love to breathe, That's one thing I mean. And there I am an enclosed space filling with smoke. I'm thinking, Oh golly.
Speaker 1: Ty, So I'm exciting.
Speaker 4: Do you mind if I step outside for a moment and get some air. I'm excited about the football games on sunny. You got your AFC and NFC championships. That's how you determine who plays in the super Bowl. Are we allowed to say super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Yeah, unless it's for a commercial purpose, a specific commercial purpose.
Speaker 4: This is a for profit enterprise though the Armstrong and Getty show. Yeah, it's a freedom of speech in Fairy. We haven't been in the black in years. We have great business expensives. Joe and I like lots of massages.
Speaker 1: We lost. I'm getting one now. Oh wait, Lobster.
Speaker 4: We fly private back and forth to our homes each before and after every show, and we just can't get into black for some reason.
Speaker 1: What was I gonna say? Oh?
Speaker 4: So, as a Chiefs fan for forty years, most of them being sucky, it has become clear to me that they are the most he hated team in America unless you are a Chiefs fan, and in particular, people hate Patrick Mahomes Now, unless you're a Patrick Mahomes fan. Man, God, if you're in Kansas City, you can't walk five feet without seeing his face on something for oil changes or bars of soap or a charity or whatever. I mean, he is like omnipresent in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: But he does get a lot of good calls.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he gets more good calls than other people, but that is the way a lot of football fans feels.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs get all the calls.
Speaker 4: I don't know why the league would feel like they're better off with the medium sized market in the middle of the country whining all the Super Bowls weird.
Speaker 5: He theoried an in depth study and then a meta study of referees in their attitudes, because everybody's known the superstars in the NBA get the calls.
Speaker 1: I mean for the long test time.
Speaker 5: Is that a decision that people make or is there some sort of subconscious he's a great basketball player. He probably did the right thing there deep in.
Speaker 4: The referee minds, I think, And as you've been pointing out forever these are TV shows for profit. They're not actually a contest to see which city has the best baseball team or basketball team. It's a for profit TV show, and you make more money on the TV show with the big stars having good games. Just flat out true. Having big stars to start with and having them have good performances makes you more money. So I've always understood why Magic Johnson could run down the lane with My dad always used to complain to just put his leg up in the air and run people over.
Speaker 1: And there is never a foul gold.
Speaker 4: Any who uh does Patrick Homes get great calls, and two Hall of Fame quarterbacks in the last week have been pretty outspoken about it. During the broadcast, if you're watching the game, Troikman said, he's a runner at this point, he's a runner. You got to treat him like a runner. He can't treat him like he's a quarterback in the pocket and call a personal foul on him because you have tackled him. And Tom Brady came out said yesterday and said that the NFL has gone way too far and that they need to treat quarterbacks like a runner. And you as a defensive player need to be able to go in there and try to dislodge the ball. Tom Prater said, Tom Brady said, you can't blow on the guy and get the ball out of his hands. You got to hit him with force to knock the ball out. And he's a runner at that point. And I said, I don't know if they'll change the rules or not. I know, just as a casual fan, if the star quarterback is injured for the year, that takes a lot of the fun out of the game.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's hugely damaging to the TV show. But I actually think putting the sports aspect of this society is a great study in the way rulemaking and human beings work and the way you know, mankind interacts with government. So they craft this rule that if the quarterback is running and he gives himself up he slides feet first, you're not allowed to pound him to keep them in the game and that sort of thing. And it's true of running backs too, but they really enforce it against quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: But quarterbacks quickly realized, Okay.
Speaker 5: I can run till that very last fraction of a second where I'm gonna get hit and then quick slide, and not only will they Well, you got two possibilities. Number one, they don't hit me, or number two, a guy is really already physically committed to coming at him, it's gonna get called for a costly penalty for hitting him. And so they have exploited the quarterbacks quite smartly, exploited an unforeseen aspect of enforcing that law.
Speaker 1: Now we've got to recraft the law.
Speaker 4: Brady said, These defensive backs got to run at half speed in case the guy all of a sudden darts out of bounds or slides, because if you hit him because of a quarterback, you get a fifteen yard penalty.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see how that plays out.
Speaker 1: What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Did you say, Hanson? He said something in my ear? Oh, okay, is it love? He loves you. Michelangelo, our normal board operator is out for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: What did you claim yesterday? Hanson? H for supporting transition. That's not actually what's happening. But Michelle will be back with us on Monday. I believe we.
Speaker 4: Don't want to be like mister beast. Oh his sidekick became a woman, and it really I don't know if it hurt him or not. He's still insanely popular and rich.
Speaker 5: His sidekick became a crazy person who liked to dress up as a woman. Anyway, I love this from Andrew Styles in The Free Bacon. Trump's plan to deport I legal immigrants, which is very popular among normal Americans. His forced journalists to pretend that they care about federal spending in the national debt, many for the first time.
Speaker 1: To pull off this is a quote.
Speaker 5: From the obnoxious, unctious David Muir last scene if you remember using clothes pins to make his safety jacket more form fitted to show off his physique at the LA fires.
Speaker 1: Eh. Anyway, here's what.
Speaker 5: Mire said to pull off some of what Donald Trump would really like to see when it comes to undocumented immigrants in the country.
Speaker 1: Is extremely expensive.
Speaker 5: When you're also talking about cutting down government spending, trying to bring down the deficit, extending the tax cuts, you're going to have to pay for immigration as well. So now lefty journalists are tut tutting about government spending.
Speaker 1: It's too much.
Speaker 5: Well, no wonder they have no ratings because they're putts is so could they be clown themselves so thoroughly nobody can take them seriously.
Speaker 4: So a really interesting soap opera that's going to play out today, and we're not exactly sure how it's going to go.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this till this morning.
Speaker 4: Trump has not been returning Gavin Newsom's phone calls, perfectly normal, legit during the biggest disaster in California history for the governor. Try to get ahold of the President about federal aid. Trump will call him back. Trump's going to California today and the details very interesting.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: I'm going to fix it, and we're going to fix it as fast as you can.
Speaker 1: It's a massive amount of damage.
Speaker 8: FEMA has really let us down, let the country down, and I don't know if that's Biden's fault or whose fault it is, but we're going to take over and we're going to do a good job.
Speaker 4: That's Trump in North Carolina surveying the damage from that was a hurricane that caused the mountains to flood.
Speaker 1: Who knew mountains could flood? Well, nobody, craziness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And here's a little more Trump and we want to take care of the people of North Carolina.
Speaker 8: It is so interesting everybody's talking about California and.
Speaker 1: That's a mess.
Speaker 8: But I said, I'm not going to California until I stop in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: So here we are.
Speaker 8: We're going to go visit the site, and we're going to work with probably three of the congressmen, Republican congressmen who've been fantastic whose areas have been affected, and with Michael Wattley, the governor, and whoever else is. You know, we decide to get involved.
Speaker 4: Okay, So he surveyed some of the damage that still exists, and they still struggle in North Carolina. And now he is in some building and taking questions. So it'll be much later today when he's finally in California. But here's the story from Politico. Newso plans to crash Trump's LA wildfire visit. The president and the governor have not spoken since Trump left office in twenty twenty. I didn't realize that, and Newsom claims, and I use the word claim on purpose because he might not be being honest here. Newso claims that he's been reaching out to Donald Trump, but Trump has not returned his phone calls. So he says, I look forward to being there on the tarmac to thank the President, welcome him. He's gonna just that they don't have a planned meeting like usually happens when a president goes to a devastated state the governor there, they shake hands, they walk around, they hug, they do a.
Speaker 1: Press conference together. Perhaps there's not a plan for that.
Speaker 4: So according to Politico, Newsom's gonna try to force that to happen by figuring out where Trump's going to land, being there and there you go.
Speaker 5: I just hope this Secret Service doesn't tackle Newsom and kneel on his head until they've had a chance to search him for weapons.
Speaker 1: Oh did I say? I hope that doesn't. I hope that does happen. Sorry, Wow, that'd be jazzy. We're all better off. We're all better off. We're all better off, and we're working together.
Speaker 4: As political points out, it is a bit of a high wire act because if you're a you follow politics fairly closely. You know the whole Chris Christie Barack Obama story in which Barack Obama showed up in New Jersey when Chris Christie was governor and Chris Christy was flying high as a Republican presidential candidate prospect at that time, but he gave Barack Obama a great big hug and other people who wanted to be president just killed him for that, and it really hurt his approval.
Speaker 5: You know, I get why intellectually it shouldn't have hurt him, but the pictures, yeah, he looked like a child hugging his papa. It just it came off wrong. And I'm way more pro Chris Christy than a lot of the maga. Crown is the obvious thing to do.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna not meet the president when he's coming to survey the billions of dollars of damage in your state and have a conversation about federal aid.
Speaker 1: I'd be nuts. So I don't know how.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to handle it. But that's why they're talking about the high wire actic. Gaven Newsom's god. I mean, they just passed legislation this week for fifty billion dollars worth of Trump proofing the state of California as Trump tries to, you know, hurt immigrants and transgender people and our way of our California way of life. Scott Weener said, whatever that is, I mean bums and junkies and high taxes, indoctrinating little children and mutilating them without their parents' knowledge, that's right, and turning junkies loose on the streets and arcs of nice neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: That's the California way.
Speaker 5: And they'll spend tens of millions if that's what it takes to preserve it.
Speaker 4: But Gavin does want to be the leader of the resistance, and he's working hard on that since day one.
Speaker 1: He can't How would you go ahead? Sorry?
Speaker 4: Can he come out and shake hands with Donald Trump and smile and laugh in that pictures without Kamala Harris or Josh Shapiro or whoever is going to be running against him saying, look at him shaking hands with Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: We don't want that, do we. I jumped into early shaking hands with him. Absolutely, one hundred percent. He can get away with a tongue kiss smiling and jack Oh no, no, no tongue smiling and laughing and backslapping and tongue kissing.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, not an air kiss like Trump gave Melania because of her big hat the other day.
Speaker 1: At best.
Speaker 5: No, he's you didn't like him, you know, I hope you know. Gavin Newsom is tackled and taste, as I've made clear. How would you suggest Trump handle.
Speaker 4: It like a grown up. I think he uh, he calls Jusimon. Yeah, I think he calls Newsom on the way to California. They have a discussion, they meet, they walk around, the shake hands. They look concerned at the fire damage, and you would be concerned if you're looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think he should have handled like a normal president.
Speaker 5: You don't think he should call him now scum and reach out and tweak his here.
Speaker 4: Hey say something, you got something on your shirt? Hit him in the chin. Well, first of all, he's not gonna have run against Gavin Newsom, so the news was a threat to him.
Speaker 1: I just whatever, buzzing fly is the way I would treat him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think I think he goes with statesmen like But we'll see. I can't wait to watch it live. I've cleared all of my appointments. I have no appointments. I've told all my friends who wanted to nobody wanted to do anything.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watched some news like a sad loser. Oh that is funny. No, there's no risk in it for Trump. That's why he should be a statesman. There is risking it for Gavin. I mean, haven't seen the way Chris Christie got treated. So he's got to got to not go too far. He's got to at least some point, look some phrase or facial expression to show I'm we'll take the federal hoet, but I'm not happy it's coming from you. That's the vibe he's got to give off somehow. Oh yeah, serious and grim one hundred percent. Oh yeah, absolutely. The journal mentions that.
Speaker 5: Gavin is toned down his anti Trump rhetoric for now post to the beginning of the wildfires.
Speaker 1: It's cause he's kind of soft pedaled his.
Speaker 6: Whole I'm the brave leader of the resistance. Trump is a fascist. He's just like Hitler, and I'm gonna save you from the new Hitler. Yeah, he's kind of toned that down as he's going to be begging for federal money on bended knee, although you know, I shouldn't characterize it that way. He is going to say, hey, this is the sort of giant disaster that federal money comes to.
Speaker 1: You know, we need it, which is appropriate. He should do that. As the governor.
Speaker 4: News out to the Mayor of Los Angeles Karen Bass her brother's house burnt down in the Spic Palisades area. He might be getting on the phone with his sister and saying, hey, Sis, just a question for you. How come the fire hydroans didn't have any water? And what's going on there?
Speaker 5: To be a brother, don't vote for DEEI love and communists. You'll have better city leadership. That'd be my suggestion. What's the deal with that there's no water in the fire hydrants? It seems weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, speaking of one more California note, a tip of the CAF to Huntington Beach. The city council just voted unanimously to be a non sanctuary city.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a friend who lives in the HB as they call it, and yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 5: And there are a number of other city councils who are planning to do the very same thing. I would love to see that gain some steam before we take a break. I just saw this. This is kind of funny making their rounds on social media. I guess did you call this a meme? Is it a meme or is it just a joke? I think it's just an anyway.
Speaker 4: You know how you see those billboards with ambulance chasing lawyers on them.
Speaker 1: Sure have you been a number one category of billboards in America? By far?
Speaker 5: Is it for real or just your observation? Oh that's my observation. But I'm certain I'm right.
Speaker 1: Been in a motorcycle wreck? Are you getting what you deserve? Call me? Yeah? Maybe I look a little sleazy, right? Uh? Well, we gotta have a theme, though, what's the general? You got to have? Like a rhyme or a you know why they should call you? You gotta have a theme.
Speaker 4: There's one I see in the way all the way home every single day. It might be the motorcycle one, but it's something you know, rear ended in a wreck. Make sure you get what you deserve. But anyway, it's this incredibly attractive blonde woman dressed in a incredibly alluring way. And I think how many dudes have called that number thinking they're actually going to have a meeting with her?
Speaker 1: Never see her? One? That's weak, that's weak. But anyway, here's what I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 5: There's one don't howl call o'dowell or something like that is this guy's theme.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember some of them I've seen.
Speaker 5: Hot chicks are a big thing, though, I mean, like a really good looking at a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Lady just absolutely plays that up.
Speaker 5: And I tell you what, if you're the sort of guy who would think, let's see, I got a settlement coming, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Go with a hot chick. You go ahead and call them, or I've been in a car wreck. But you know what, it'd be cool if I get a date with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell you what.
Speaker 5: That'll clear the phone lines over at the fat, homely guy who's done a thousand of these, and it's gonna help me out.
Speaker 1: So that's fine.
Speaker 4: Yea, yes, And oh there's a couple of them that I see, but one of them is something wrong.
Speaker 1: Call and pong, that's one of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can tell attorney if they can rhyme.
Speaker 4: What's the kind a term for I said, ambulance chasing lawyers. What's the kind term trial? Personal injury? Yeah, personal injury attorneys? So this is a fake personal injury attorney.
Speaker 1: Ad.
Speaker 4: It's a dog in a suit with reading glasses on. So it's a dog's head with reading glasses in a suit. You got a talking dog in a hot shake. I'm still going with the hot shake, but I'm tempted to call the dog anyway back to you and the merbiage on this sign for the trial attorney personal injury, trial attorney, who's a dog? Did your human break a treat in half and try to pass it off as a whole treat?
Speaker 1: You may be entitled to compensation. Yeah, I saw that. It's great. Okay, we got more on the way. Stay here. Well, this is exciting.
Speaker 9: Today the nominations were announced for the ninety seventh Oscars. That was great, and Wicked was nominated for his Best Picture. Yeah, people have heard, were like, yes, the movie we've actually seen.
Speaker 8: This is.
Speaker 9: The movie I'm still here was nominated for Best Picture. There's a film about Joe Biden's last six months in office. Hey o, hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: So I like movies, Fine, I don't love them.
Speaker 4: And I really realized with a couple of different friends that I've known in my life, there is that movie crowd that like they just always what is the you go to a movie every weekend or watch a movie every weekend?
Speaker 1: What is the hot movie? You talk about them?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: And I am not that person at all. I don't find them to be that important to my life, not even close. And so I used to love the Oscars. And then you know a lot of us have bailed on the whole Oscar thing for all kinds of different reasons. And when they started not eating eleven different pictures, you can't keep track of them in your head. And then they got two woke to this point. What movie got the most? And this is kills This finally, this is the last nail in the coffin for the Oscars. For me, what movie got the most nominations, leading the entire pack with thirteen nominations?
Speaker 1: It is Amelia Perez?
Speaker 4: What is that movie about a Mexican lawyer has offered an unusual job to help a notorious cartel boss retire and transition to living as a woman, fulfilling a long held desire. So the movie they got the most nominations is a trans movie?
Speaker 1: What a shot? What a coincidence, What.
Speaker 4: An amazing coincidence that at a time when trans stuff is so controversial and Trump's in office, that the movie that's positive about trans got the most nomination.
Speaker 1: That's just that's.
Speaker 4: Crazy, mind blowing. Oh give me a freaking break. Might I might have to watch the Oscar ceremony, just like to hate it? The never ending them crying about how wonderful it is that that movie is out in this tough time when the Trump administration is coming out with their anti trans policies or whatever bs they're gonna say on Oscar.
Speaker 1: Night, it's gonna be something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it will be the last nail in the Oscar coffin. It will be the end of it.
Speaker 1: I hate you for this, though, You've made me kind of want to tune in. I know, I know it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: To say I'm not into it, it's just a gross understatement. It's like saying I'm not into the DEI Executive of the Year awards. No, I'm forcefully against it. It disgusts me. But that is tempting because they could go full on and much like the bigfoot media, the legacy media CNN that's lost like eighty percent of its viewers, laying off hundreds of people, it's aggressively trying to root out anybody who's making any serious money there. They displayed who they truly were in the senile Joe Biden era, denying up and down that he was and saying it was a Republican talking point and a cheap fake or whatever.
Speaker 1: And they oh, and telling.
Speaker 5: People Igno the evidence of your eyes, and he is there is no inflation here. These are not the droids you're looking for. You can easily afford your groceries. And they lost America. Maybe the final like you said, the final nail in Hollywood's coffin, which in my graveyard is already six feet under and the back hoe is filled in the grave. It doesn't need any more nails. But anyway, maybe it'll do that. I would certainly love that.
Speaker 4: Amelia Perez leads with thirteen nominations in the Oscar Race. How self congratulatory will they be that night?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's just gonna be vomitous.
Speaker 5: So I really wanted to get this hour to the true cost of pet ownership.
Speaker 1: We'll do that next hour.
Speaker 5: If you don't get next hour, subscribe to the podcast Armstrong and Getting on demand.
Speaker 1: I have strong feelings about pet ownership.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we can talk about it. I want to sweep an obsession in this country. Uh yeah, oh yeah, enormously profitable. But more on that to come. A couple of things I want to squeeze in just because they have to be mentioned, even though they're out of town. The Department of Energy, in one of its final actions under President Joe Biden, earmarked billions of dollars in green energy loans to utility companies based in Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholmes state home state of Michigan, defying the agency's own inspector General, who called on the Biden administration is to spend the loan program amidst serious conflict of interest concerns.
Speaker 1: But they spent Mitchelle Granholm.
Speaker 5: Jennifer Granholm spent those billions dollars in her home state even as she went back to become a politician in that state. Again, utterly unethical, and I wanted to throw this in this educational think tank put out Biden's Department of Justice spent over one hundred million dollars in four years for restorative justice DEI efforts for k through twelve students. And you can talk about restorative justice with more authority than I can.
Speaker 1: I've read about it, You've lived it.
Speaker 5: This this bizarre neo Marxist method of justice and schools where if one kid punches an innocent, smaller kid in the face, they both have to sit down and talk about how they felt about it, and then there's no punishment for the bully.
Speaker 4: Nope, it is, as I've called it, the Golden Age of bullying, even though you hear more anti bullying messages than ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And keep in mind that a lot of these funding mechanisms are used. As you know, levers, you're not going to get the money you're counting on unless you do this. They divvied up at least thirty grants that explicitly mentioned DEI or staying an intention to approve outcomes for specific demographic groups. Another recent report detailed how the US Department of Education alone has spent nearly a billion dollars to promote DEI in schools all over the country to indoctrinate the kids. I'm glad it's over. I wish you could ended sooner.
Speaker 4: Imagine if we'd have gone another four, eight, twelve years down that road.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank goodness we didn't. Four years is not going to be nearly enough to clean the house. Though. Imagine if the movie that got the most nominations was an Orange real estate developer who believes in borders and lower.
Speaker 1: Texas I was worshiped as a hero in the movie. That wouldn't be more.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, you've got to be kidding me than this No No happens to.
Speaker 5: Be the best movie made anywhere on Earth this year. Right, Isn't that inspiring? Oh my god, oh boy. We've got a completely different Clips of the week in our four. This week, Hanson has worked. I don't know why you did this, Hanson, but he went with two different clips of the week, and we'll have that an ho or four. If you don't get it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: You should subscribe Armstrong and Getty