Speaker 1: Your microphone is not working? Hello, microphone?
Speaker 2: What check?
Speaker 1: Two? One? Two?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Hif right? Well I have to lower it a little bit, but it still needs to hear me. This way, I could sink up the audio. Better do what any of that means?
Speaker 3: Andy?
Speaker 1: Hello, it's so hot in here today.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I also am wearing a sweater and pants and I did not have to because it's seventy five degrees out. Can we start one sec? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we start now?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, I just did. Should I start over?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Let's start over for zoom? Yeah, right now, it won't start cool.
Speaker 4: Somebody be my serial reviewing serial.
Speaker 1: In a Cereal.
Speaker 2: Should I stop it? Let just look at your time?
Speaker 1: No, sire, it's the serial serial. It's the serial series Siri.
Speaker 3: Sho Killer show.
Speaker 1: This the Cereal Dealer show.
Speaker 2: Well are you talking to Andy?
Speaker 1: You told me I could check my phone, so I was just checking my phone.
Speaker 2: Because you hate listening to music.
Speaker 1: What hey? Welcome Happy Sesqui Centennial, Siba Sesqui Centennial, Sesqui Cincennial.
Speaker 2: You know where I learned that word? Where? When I lived in Iowa?
Speaker 1: Oh God, here we go with the Iowa Tales.
Speaker 2: It was this one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Iowa statehood. So this is our one hundred and fiftieth episode. Yay, Well technically not, but it's our one hundred and fiftieth numbered episode. Yes, we've had a few bonuses along the way, so this is probably around one fifty five or six or something like that. But welcome to Serial Killers. It's been quite a long time since we've been together here, and even though the listeners will think it was just last Monday, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: A lot has gone down since that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not much. Today's what Monday, October twenty sixth yay, So Halloween is just a few days away. Spooky, So maybe we'll make this the holiday episode.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't feel the same with Danielle not here for holiday episodes.
Speaker 2: But I didn't say what holiday. Let me go down to the cereal sack for the brand new cereal. Oh you you got me from General Mills. We've been waiting for this. This should have been a bonus episode, but you know you don't care about this anymore.
Speaker 1: So let's just I don't care. Look it's elf, Oh cool.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? All the cereal heads have been looking for the Cereal Forever cereal heads.
Speaker 1: Yes, is that what they call themselves? Are you a cereal head?
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy the elf Cereal man.
Speaker 1: I feel like you, Like, do you travel around the country going to like Cereal factories and like do Cereal moshpits?
Speaker 2: That would be my dream.
Speaker 1: Rock on dude's cereal head right here, man.
Speaker 2: I want to go to Battle Creek, I want to go to Cedar Rapids. I want to go to Minneapolis. I really want to take the Cereal Factory tour. Well, I mean you really can. It's just a road trip away. Well anyway, Elf Cereal sweetened corn puffs with Holiday tree marshmallows. What kind of holiday I'm guessing Christmas? Yes, but pc on the box flavored with maple syrup and other natural flavor maple syrup.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love maple stanup because that's Buddy the ELF's thing. Did you ever see Elf?
Speaker 2: I did, but I don't remember. Did he drink syrup or something?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: He puts maple syrup in yeah, right, sweets.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a norwal on there is there a normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister norwal He lives at the North Pole.
Speaker 2: It says hi, buddy, Santa Surprise. There's all kinds of fun stuff on the back.
Speaker 1: So ELF as a Christmas movie. Yeah, the first like hour and fifteen minutes great, and then the movie just ends. Like I have to say, Elf is a Christmas movie, is super lackluster with its ending.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how you remember things, because I watch movies and I don't remember anything about them. All I remember is.
Speaker 1: That it's Will Ferrell in like a tight costume. Yeah, it's super funny for like ninety nine percent of it, and then all of a sudden, the ending is like Santa Sleigh is down in Central Park and we have to boot it back up.
Speaker 2: Like what, I don't remember any of that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you remember Chips episode, so it's just a difference in memory.
Speaker 2: The Christmas episode actually was season four, episode fifteen.
Speaker 1: Didn't even know Chip's had a Christmas episode. Do you have any audio of it? I don't, But hy don't you care about this podcast?
Speaker 2: You actually do know about it because I mentioned it in a previous episode they saved the Bell at the Church.
Speaker 1: I really just want to get someone from Chips on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, Larry Wilcox is around. He is on cameo he does cameos for forty Bucks. Eric Strada is around, but he's not on cameo because he's too cool for the room. Robert Pine is still alive. Paul Link still alive.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm Rody Greer still alive.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm going to try and reach out to It's just how would I pitch it? Hey, our co host has a weird obsession with chips. He would really love to eat cereal with you on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I did all I could to go to the fortieth anniversary that they put together in California, but I just I couldn't make it out there. It was during a one of our festivals, so it just wouldn't sync up. All right, Sorry, let's get going. There's marshmallows in here, so we got to shake it up, Scotty right.
Speaker 1: Now, Andrew look out, piece of good lad.
Speaker 2: The cereal shaking is really not really much of a visual because it just looks stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel bad, and I apologize to our listeners that the past two episodes were not up on YouTube. I recorded to the cloud on zoom. Oh yeah, I didn't know what recording to the cloud meant. And then I went to go put it online and it was just my face. Wait, I don't think you would want to watch me for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Molenna Andy did not know how to do it.
Speaker 1: Molena Andy, I'm not a fan of that one. We're not getting that. That's not trending.
Speaker 2: I already ordered t shirt.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: All right. So this has a very very pungent maple smell.
Speaker 1: I am dude. Okay, Oh you just breathed into the you put it in my face. Yeah, but you went like as soon as I put it in your face.
Speaker 2: All right. So these are a little bit smaller than I would say kicks, probably half the size of a kick.
Speaker 1: Is that an atomic weight or no?
Speaker 2: That's just how would you what's a singular kicks? I mean a singular kicks? I guess would be a kick? Right, key, kiy kay? All right? One percent bowl and basket milk from shop right, Thank you, shop right, Actually, not thank you because I paid for it. There you go.
Speaker 1: Can't wait for you to complain about how we have no money and then talk you don't about the PayPal for the fortieth time, Like when we argued with each other in the car.
Speaker 2: The other day. Okay, never mind, I'm not going to get into that. All right, let's go Elf Cereal from General Mills. Ready, And.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I'm not a fan of maple, but is pretty okay. It's basically kicks with a hint of maple and marshmallows.
Speaker 2: I think it actually tastes a little bit like retired post waffle crisp. Oh yeah, with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: It has a light eggo waffle taste to it. Yeah, I don't mind it. I think it could have been a lot worse. So I'm gonna give us three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I do say that more marshmallows would be better. It's really the marshmallow to cereal ratio is not correct, even though I did shake it three balls in a spoon? Is that what you said? Because I give a three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: I think it could have been overly sweet, which we find with a lot of the branded cereals that they could just be too sweet where it's like much. This one is not like an assault to your senses.
Speaker 2: So, and this one's only going to be out for a couple of months anyway, it'll be on the clearance rack. At Walmart by December twentieth or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, yeah, a couple other holiday cereals. I'm getting the Captain Crunch will be around again. Yeah, Freaky cap'n and Elf on the shelf. I believe I saw was making a comeback, but I haven't seen it in stores yet, so we shall see. Now, this is the holiday episode. And I said that we weren't going to do either of these two next Am I getting big or what? Look at that? I said we wouldn't do it either of these next two serials. However, some listeners said, you gotta do it, So let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: There was some listener whose birthday I was supposed to mention, a nine year old birth Yes, I'll find it.
Speaker 1: I forget who it was. I'm so sorry I meant it.
Speaker 2: Where do you find it? While I talk? So I am reluctantly taking these two cereals out of the cereal sack. The first one is from the line of Kellogg's Spooky Cereals for Halloween, since Halloween is just a few days away. We did the Spooky chocolate frosted flakes last year, and we did the Spooky Spooky and we did the spooky apple jacks last year. We did not do the spooky fruit loops because I was like, ah, we've had foot loops with marshmallows. But I did notice the difference. The actual loops are not all the colors. They're only purple, and I guess it's orange or pinky. It is spooky and there too, can is a werewolf on the front of the box. So let's give us one a shake. I have the shout out, Oh yeah, who's it? Two? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: So Nina decided to reach out to us. It was her daughter's ninth birthday shout didn't you reach out to us? On Twitter? At serial killers piec very good? She wants a shout out for her daughter Avery, So happy birthday, Happy belated yay.
Speaker 2: So these smell like apple jacks. They smell like apple jacks, and they are purple fruit loops and orange fruit loops with some marshmallows. Right, looks like Frankenstein marshmallows, bat marshmallows and ghost marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Okay. The Morning Show posted this episode aired last week about the Serial Avengers. If you go to the comments, you'll see who I likened everyone to in the actual Avengers. I would say, check it out.
Speaker 2: I was very excited that we talked about that on the Big Show.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that I was excited, or didn't know we talked about it.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know you talked about it. I saw the topic and I just thought maybe they.
Speaker 2: Brought it up. Oh, it was a whole segment on the show. Oh wow, serial Killer's got a plug. Wow. We ultimately decided that probably Tony the Tiger would kick everybody's out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's an iron man. Yeah yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, ready, here we go.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: It's loops with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll give it. Four bowls in a spoon, four bowls in a spoom. Yeah, I'm a fan. I don't think it needs marshmallows. That's why I'm going to deduct a half off of it. But I haven't had a fruit loop in a while. That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Something is just a bit off to me. So three bowls in a spoon, Oh wow, something is just a little weird. Maybe it's the spookiness of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely the spookiness. It's the ghosts in the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. There's an episode there is a full on sugar explosion.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, how many more cereals?
Speaker 2: Do we have? One more? It's all sugar cereals. You know what? That last bike tastes like a wet dish rag oof, And.
Speaker 1: You say, I paint a picture with.
Speaker 2: Words, it's weird. I don't know how you don't taste that. There's like an odd kind of taste of the loops.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's like a murdered dishwasher who his like spirit is trapped in the box.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Spooky.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have an idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really quick, why don't we take a trip Serial Killers visits the cereal?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you posted on Twitter about it.
Speaker 2: I did, I did.
Speaker 1: My dad also texted me on the side about his and I have to tell you what the cereal was. This way you can get it for the next time.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, there were a whole bunch of them. Some of them we have already mentioned. Some of them were already featured in the Cereal Graveyard one. But I don't believe that we spoke about. Maggie suggested, all right, my dad's this crazy cow. I've heard of crazy Cow. They had strawberry, and I believe there was chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yes, strawberry, and he says that the milk changed colors and it would like dye your tongue or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably before they realized that that red dye was not good for you. Yeah, just like early on in the Frankenberry red dye in the seventies, probably terrible for you. We can we can look into crazy Cow in the next great you know, maybe in the next one. But so Maggie wanted us to do Sprinkle Sprangles game Sprinkle Spangles.
Speaker 1: Wait, is it sprinkle Sprangle?
Speaker 2: No, it's sprinkle Spangles. But it's hard for me to say. It's a cereal from the early nineties from General Mills. They were a little while here. We'll just let the genie tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: I wish sprinkles from Brankfast. You wish.
Speaker 2: My new sprinkle Spangles.
Speaker 3: I spreak on cereal.
Speaker 1: Sprinkles Sprangles is the part of this break breakfast and spangled from every angle? What sprinkles wish.
Speaker 3: We had a whole fuck.
Speaker 2: You wish it?
Speaker 3: I dish it knew sprinkle spangled Cereal.
Speaker 2: It's every kid's wish comes true. Now apparently that genie was Dom Delaise. Who's Dom Delaise. Well, he was that big fat guy that was in Cannonball Run in the eighties, all those movies, and he was no is.
Speaker 1: He the guy from Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
Speaker 2: Uh no, oka't cuckack coo. And so sprinkle Sprangkles, God, I can't say it. Sprinkle Spangles was a star shaped cereal with sprinkles on it, and it didn't last all that long.
Speaker 1: Well, they made it seem like sprinkles were like a core component of like every child's breakfast, Like everybody wants sprinkles for breakfast. They really don't add anything to anything.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that was the precursor to birthday cake flavored things. So if there was a birthday can't flavor al that thing in the early nineties, it would have been sprinkle Spangles. But nowadays we have just a different shaped spring Spangles, and they call it Funfetti cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I was about to say, it's Funfetti.
Speaker 2: Same company. Not sure how much longer fun Fetti will be around, but we shall see.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's not my favorite, but you know it's other people's. I don't think it's anybody's favorite. Amy loved it.
Speaker 2: She did like it, that's true. All right. Let me go down to the cereal sack for serial number three, for this happen This episode sucks Man one hundred and fiftieth episode was supposed to be like, do.
Speaker 1: You keep crapping on every episode we do? Just be positive for two seconds. Nobody wants to hear you in the middle of a podcast. Go this sucks. Everything sucks. Just be positive for two seconds and just do your job. Pick up the cereal and let's eat it.
Speaker 2: There was supposed to be like confetti, cannons and special guests and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then a pandemic hit and I don't know what to tell you. We can't make it that fun, all right.
Speaker 2: So cereal number three is just another shape of a cereal we've had before. So I'm guessing it's going to taste exactly the same, but since it's a different shape, I was told that we had to do it. Okay, Going down to the cereal sack, Reese's puffs bat Okay, it's Reches puffs with bats. That's it. They have rabbits for Easter, and they have bats for Halloween. I don't think that they have a Christmas one because it's too close to Halloween.
Speaker 1: This feels weird. Feel this, it feels great. Peanut butter cups they do Christmas trees.
Speaker 2: Okay, these aren't Ess peanut butter cuffs. This is cereal cuffs cups. What are you talking to today?
Speaker 1: Nice? It's a heavy box.
Speaker 2: I do like the fact that there's a coupon on the back.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love bats. Did you ever see that vine? Probably not where it's a little grounge because I love bats, I love Halloween.
Speaker 2: Is it vine not a thing anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was when vine was the thing. Now it's all TikTok.
Speaker 2: By the way, as I'm like doing these things, I'm desperately trying to think of the name of the guy from Planes, Trains and Automobiles. He was in a thousand movies in the eighties and he's dead and I just can't think of his name.
Speaker 1: I think he died right after Planes Trains and Ottoble on SNL.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say his name is John Clee because they know this.
Speaker 2: John Candy, John Candy. Oh yeah, pretty much. What this freaking Cereal is.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Should I get my dad jeans out? Yeah?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent better than your dad short, Not.
Speaker 2: Ninety nine percent, A full hundred right, full hundred percent, not one hundred and one percent.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're so funny.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: You say the same things all the time. Hey, do you want to hear chips?
Speaker 2: I never said you want to hear it? You just bring it up, so I have no choice but to play it. All right, Reese's Puffs Bats, General Mills Halloween. Here we go, just as delicious as any other res puff cereal five bowls, yep, And to be quite honest, no, lie, okay, I'm not sure what it actually gave regular reesis puffs. You can go back and look, but I'm giving this five balls. My taste may have changed, so five balls it is.
Speaker 1: I will say the bats are a little bit bigger than the puff, so you can get more peanut butter and chocolate and there's more surface space.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I like it. I'm gonna give it by Bolls too.
Speaker 2: All right, you think this episode is long, and let's.
Speaker 1: See how many minutes have we been recording?
Speaker 2: Eighteen and changed. How's the website going.
Speaker 1: It's great, a lot of traffic, Andy, I have to check the traffic.
Speaker 2: Huh. But there's still no search feature at Serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 1: No, what's there actually is? Scotty just doesn't understand how a search engineer want and then gets frustrated. I want a list, dude. You have the list on a word document, but I don't just search it with me. I don't have it with me in a store. You don't know how to open up a file on your phone. If you can't find it on your phone, how are you going to search for it on a website. I just want you to make it easy for the listeners when the list. Everybody who's went to the website has been saying it's great. You're the only one saying I don't know how to find things.
Speaker 3: Put it as a list, so this way I could find it on the list, But I don't know how to search on a list.
Speaker 2: Are you done?
Speaker 1: I'm just speaking facts. It would be nice if you actually came back to reality.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is when Joe is standing in the High v and Cedar Rapids and he wants to know what we thought about fruit loops.
Speaker 1: Huh. He wants to be able to just search fruit loops and it should come up five balls for okay. So that's not how a search function works, because guess what if he types in fruit loops, he's gonna get everything that came with fruit loops.
Speaker 2: Why would it be like that? Is what I'm saying, that's.
Speaker 1: How a search engine works. You have no idea.
Speaker 3: It's like saying into Google, why won't it bring me to this exact episode when I type in serial killing.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm assuming most of you people listening to this understand what I'm getting at. And for some reason, MILENNI Andy.
Speaker 1: Doesn't on the website that has every cereal. But you're thinking. What you're not understanding is that even if you go there right, you're still gonna have to find the cereal on it. Do you know how to find things on your phone? The answer is no, So you're gonna look like an a hole when you're standing in the store texting me getting what you want and complaining keep talking no, because I don't want to hear the peanuts voice. I'm onto you.
Speaker 2: I can't even find it. I don't know. Here here's Lucy I can't find what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: You're sixteen twenty one, chow some first thanks killing fees.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's what came up when I put in Charlie Brown. Okay, oh here, Happy Halloween.
Speaker 1: I got it, rock. Yes, that's how I feel at the end of every episode, because Scott has to somehow poop poo on something. Because Scott's negativity is contagious.
Speaker 2: You keep making up these silly little jingles and they don't mean anything.
Speaker 1: Yes they do.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. This has been a super exciting episode one hundred and fifty. Thank you for being here. Yes, for all of these episodes. I mean they used to be much more exciting and more entertaining.
Speaker 1: Can you not be so negative? Seriously, dude, nobody wants to hear you be a forty year old man complaining about eating cereal on a podcast. I do like get over it.
Speaker 2: I do like that you make me younger every time you complain about me. But go back and listen to like episode ninety, it'll be much more hilarious. We'll see you next Monday. Thank you for listening. Please follow us on all the social platforms. Serial Killers PC and other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com. Leave us a review, follow us on our socials. We're really great and this is a fun podcast. Unfortunately, Scotty has a midlife crisis every episode and it's like, what am I doing here? I hate this podcast. It used to be so much better. It's a fun episode and we appreciate you for listening, so thank you for listening. I'm gonna bring the positivity for once. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have a safe Halloween this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes, hope you don't find any razor blades on those apples.
Speaker 2: Oh you remember that now that you have a good memory.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: You know. Apparently that didn't happen when you were a.
Speaker 1: Child, Now it didn't.
Speaker 2: This audio is not matching up with our mouths. It's going to be so obnoxious to watch, but watch it anyway. Take care now and crunch crunch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know what's doing on.
Speaker 2: I can't do this.
Speaker 3: I'm so nervous.
Speaker 1: Everything sucks now. I hate this podcast, but Andy actually hates it. But I'm a real supporter of it.
Speaker 2: I'm not nervous and I loved this podcast.
Speaker 1: Then why don't you just be positive for two seconds?
Speaker 2: Why am I not positive?
Speaker 1: Literally three times in this episode you were like, this sucks a piece of toast, a pretzel stick, popcorn?
Speaker 3: What blocked? Looked all this?
Speaker 2: Andy? Rude? See ya