Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly and Shannon Grosso.
Speaker 3: Thursday, one pm Central Time. That can mean one thing and one thing only. Time for your favorite show. You're looking live at Tostitos an active Tostitos Championship Plaza today. There's four people out there. You know why. It's outside of Ford Centert the sar Frisco. But it's active because it is beautiful. It is seventy nine degrees, the highs eighty three, the lowest fifty.
Speaker 4: Three pumps is not here today.
Speaker 5: I don't need some help.
Speaker 6: I don't know where my boy is at. But wherever he's at, I'm hoping he's humping, humping and pumping, humping and pumping. He is Nate Newton. This is Shannon Gross in the back keeping us live in local. It's Chris Bean. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the boys, the sports talk equivalent and the browll people. Yes, when we speak.
Speaker 3: Brought to you each and every day by Wingstop or Flavor Gets. It's week.
Speaker 4: I know we gotta do something nuts next year.
Speaker 3: No figure, we'll figure it out. We're gonna need some help today, fellas what happened? Kurt's not here. Don't need y'all to actually talk and fill the show up.
Speaker 6: Hold on, wait, hold on, man one, you say it is as if I'm not sitting saying my boy, my boy, Kurt.
Speaker 4: Actually you do a few more than three.
Speaker 3: You know what's so great about this show? I mean, there's a lot of great things. Let let's be honest. It's the number one most viewed listen to, you know, awarded show. But everyone knows who they are and what they are on the show, and everyone right, exactly, right, wrong or indifferent. We know who we are. We're comfortable in our own skin. You know some people are in denial.
Speaker 5: We are not.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I am not either.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, man, we signed one more guy?
Speaker 3: Tell us about him? Mate, what's his name?
Speaker 5: Sadig? Charles? Okay, Charles okay, tell us about him? He didn't play lest Jesse he retired. Okay, here, okay, he retired last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you retired from a team, and don't you have to go back to that team.
Speaker 6: He reached out to Tennessee about coming back in Tennessee, you know, but he asked for his release, and Tennessee granted him his release. So that's how he came back from retirement and was granted his release. And he was supposed to be projected to be the starter last year, coming like in training camps when he was retired, but he was projected to be their starter last year. And then prior to that, he was in Washington, uh four years in Washington, I believe, was a fourth round pick out of l s u Go Tigers. And the word that I was hearing was that he retired. He he was dealing with some mental health uh stuff, And and now I guess he's cured or managing it better or the wrench do one of the other, one of the maybe all the above, maybe all the above. Maybe all the above is for Sadeek Charles. But it's another a guard that you put back in the mix. For the one thing I do I will say is while it isn't high end quality, it's still it's still shopping in the clearance section. There will be some level of competition amongst the offensive linemen not named Tyler Smith. Competition is good because Tyler Smith he's he walks in day one and he says, the rest of you bombs, get on my level because I'm the I'm the pro here, Okay, I'm the guy who doesn't have to worry about his job. And then you could say, Cooper BB is the next guy in line, is kind of got a really good solidified spot. They want to keep him at that that center, that center position.
Speaker 3: Think about what you just said, Tyler Smith year three, just three, four four, he's the man now, yeah, and he was in a room with men with two Hall of Fame guys and in four years and then you just said Cooper BB and what two.
Speaker 4: Years just your two will be your Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is this the next guy potentially?
Speaker 7: And you say he's our best he's our best offen slamming correct, Tyler, Yes, not down, okay, not even remember when we drafted what everybody said it was like a whole problem.
Speaker 4: Good if he was that tackle may have a differentation.
Speaker 3: How important do you think that was that they moved him because he realized that he should stay there.
Speaker 5: That's more and more, that's more important.
Speaker 3: I mean he played tackle his rookie year, if you remember.
Speaker 5: Yes he played tackling spots.
Speaker 8: But yeah, he is a mauler and he still have hand problems.
Speaker 5: But they will let you play a little bit.
Speaker 8: More inside than they will when it's obvious outside. Is that just because you're in traffic and yeah, you thing, that's right. Everything is up close and very quick.
Speaker 3: They give you a little more leeway because you you can retangling.
Speaker 5: Yeah you you You.
Speaker 3: Just don't see this arm come out when you're on the outside.
Speaker 5: And that's right.
Speaker 8: So I you know, but one thing we said about him his rookie year, but we we also allowed him to grow. Okay, well we see that jump with the with Oklahoma's finest, you know.
Speaker 4: So the difference is though I.
Speaker 6: Said, I'm gonna be positive about Tyler got because let's it's a new year.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let's let's try to hold some hope.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna Are you gonna be that way about the whole team and the coaching staff and ownership and everything.
Speaker 5: He probably thought about. He gave the man six months to keep his.
Speaker 3: Jab right, have you really have you reset from that position? Last week? He still the six monthly coach you and half that's what he's already got. Half he already have the half year, he.
Speaker 4: Got a year, he got a year.
Speaker 3: One season. You gotta he got, he got you to walk it back, but you're good.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm sticking sticking to that.
Speaker 3: But we're being positive about it.
Speaker 4: By Tyler about Tyler got you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm gonna give him a chance to take a step back to see his flaws and his faults and hopefully go and get the training and the coaching that he needs and see what he brings this training camp. Now, I'm not saying that I'm staying positive all the way through. I'm saying I'm gonna give him a chance to see if he can right those wrongs. I'm gonna give him a chance. The leash is not very long from me, and it doesn't People will say it does, It doesn't matter what you. I have the mic. I'm speaking into the mic, so at this point in time, it matters.
Speaker 4: It does, So.
Speaker 6: My my, I'm gonna give him. I'm gonna give him a little bit of training camp leash. But there has to be and he has to take his jump for me, for Tyler Guyton has to be so.
Speaker 4: Big in the sense he has.
Speaker 6: To go from being down in the dumps to get back to being at least average. I'm not saying he has to be Tyler Smith. I'm not saying he has to be a Pro Bowl would be nice, would be a luxury to get back to a place where you're a left side of the line you feel like is Pro Bowl caliber players if you can go, if you can go above average to really good at BB to really good, really really good at left guard and then being above average to really good at left tackle, or we cook it with fish grease now because now I could do some things with that. Now I feel a little better. My blind side protected, you know, a part of my middle interior is protected. I can scheme around and do some other things on the other sid with that. With that, you know, the Cowboys have been spoiled with Richards at offensive line, and so you want everybody to be Philadelphia or Detroit.
Speaker 4: And we that that was us.
Speaker 6: That was the Cowboys for a good stretch when you had Tyranne and Ron Leary and Frederick's and Martin just couldn't miss you know you you you had you had just a wealth of a spoils and so yeah, but you know back to the to the Sadik Charles another guy that they'll bring in that will compete. They'll compete with t J. Bass and brock Hoffman and who else they brought in. They brought in the other kid to show the Dakotas Shepley and you got you still got awesome richards that be you know out there the tackle spots. So you gotta you'll have some competition heading into training camp.
Speaker 3: Question for you, Yes, sir, if one of these young guys walks up to you, even a older guy walks up to you in the training table and they see and they walk up there, they say, Coach Nate, I would really love for you to spend some time with me. I need some help on my what work. I need some help on my technique.
Speaker 5: Do you have time.
Speaker 3: To help me out with this? Would you have the time to help the gentleman out?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 8: The first thing I'll do is to go to the offensive line coaching and see what techniques he liked working, what stuff he liked doing. I think the big flaw, and I know the big flaw with guys such as myself versus coaches that are coaching now is what worked for men, the techniques that work for me, and the style may not be who this kid is and may not more importantly, may not line up with what this coach teach. So I got to find out what this coach is teaching, how he's teaching it, and then now the basic punch and all of that, that's the same. Some coaches like to coming from inside, something like how the thumbs it and so you know, little things like that don't matter.
Speaker 5: Is what your feet can do.
Speaker 8: So I would like to get into some the things that the coach would like to do and then see how it fits this kid and then let him, uh find out who he is.
Speaker 5: Now. What happened to this kid last year guiding?
Speaker 8: Was he he he lost confidence after the third game. Once he lost confidence, he was beat. He was beat every time he lined up. So his I think his thing is more mental. Can he fight the demons last year and forget those demons and come out because he got feet? We talked about that all off season last year. I said, the kid got feet, y'all but he's still got to work on his on his punch, and he gotta work on his aim, and he gotta work on his strength. And I don't know how at that point, I didn't know how his confidence was. And I was trying to tell everybody just hold your horses, y'all think Michael Parsons bringing Michael Parsons the game that Michael Parsons bring during the season. He think he bringing it out hand training camp.
Speaker 4: No, he's not.
Speaker 8: Even though he's better than the average guy. When I'm half speed, I still can't beat Jesse when he have speed, because Jessic is a better athlete.
Speaker 5: So, but everybody was seeing last year.
Speaker 8: For this kid was wrong in training camp, and then he missed some great work. Both times we got went against the ram he missed I mean some great work because he was said this for him was wrong. So and I know what you asked me, what I help, But I would I would be glad to help a guy. But to me, it's more than me just going out there trying to show him different the way I see a three technique, the way he see a three technique. I do know this right here. What we need to quit teaching our kids. Is the short set. Short set to get you beat quicker than anything because you don't understand what you're looking at. You think because a guy closer, you can jump on him. You can jump on the right quick like. You still got to come with your hands. You still got to have your feet in the right position because of his other moves that he can make that short set. I hated teach the kid to set proper a thousand times and then let the short set be like your curveball. You got to have a fastball. You got to have a fastball. Then that curve ball looks way out of line. You know, it messes you up real bad and you can't hit it. But if you just all straight curveball all the time.
Speaker 3: Work, would more of your work be hands on foot feet or you got to be feet video.
Speaker 8: No, it got to I want I want to go out there, so he'd be thinking, takes a yeah, I want I want to go out there. That's how I learned. I looked at the film, but mostly I.
Speaker 5: Had to work. I was a guy that had to line up, had to do it, had to do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was that type of guy, and that is the easiest way for me to learn. I don't know if most guys can look like Snepknowsky just could like just tell me what the play is and I'm gonna be all right. I was like, uh huh, we got to go out here and work on this, you know, so uh. But back to what you were saying, Yeah, I would be glad to have help a guy, as long as it lines up what that coach is trying to teach.
Speaker 5: We was mallers, we.
Speaker 8: Were not zone all this zone block and did it.
Speaker 5: Jesse lined up. I got Jesse.
Speaker 8: Jesse hold up for four quarters against me, you know, unless he was Jerome Brown, then I had the center.
Speaker 3: All right, Good stuff, Ellas, Let's take our first break when we come back more foot, Let's talk the draft. What do we what do we do? We do any of us feel good about any particular position on this team when we come back on Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 9: House wingstop sound, crispy juicy classic wings. Saucey tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese, or signature wingstop wrench. I think you've heard enough get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings of.
Speaker 5: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Order now by downloading the wings Stop out or ordering online at wings stop dot com.
Speaker 10: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamolei made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 11: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here and set Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 4: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 11: Selling tickets a Cowboys football games or to any other live event. Seed Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works, expect the expected seed Geek.
Speaker 10: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 5: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to hang out with the boys brought you each and every day. This second segment by blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot Com. Jesse, Sir, Get on down to Pump eight at seven to eleven because there's a five thousand dollars winner every single day. Shop with seven rewards, then play the enn app game for a chance to win five thousand dollars in cash new daily cash winners only at seven eleven? Are you next? No purchase necessary ends one six, twenty six US and DC ages sixteen and older. For full official rules, ain't free gameplay? Go to five k dash a day dot com backslash rules. Booh, big golf, sir, big gulps. All right, fellas the draft right around the corner. I know this is not the draft show, nor do we claim to be the draft show.
Speaker 5: Even a draft show, don't be the right.
Speaker 4: Take a shot?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not taking a shot? Is just shot? No. No, It's like.
Speaker 8: We we we go through season out the season, out the season, and we can all try to project who is the best fit, what we like like you just act?
Speaker 5: What position do we like?
Speaker 8: I mean, I know what we should won't like because I watch Philadelphia and I watch the Washington Commanders. I know what we should like. But in the real world that ain't what everybody else like.
Speaker 3: So, so where do you feel good? We'll let you go first? Where do you feel like? Okay, I'm good. If we don't address this position in the draft at all, we can just add some free agents.
Speaker 5: Or some people.
Speaker 3: You can pick some do you.
Speaker 5: I think that was the wrong question.
Speaker 3: Is there any position?
Speaker 5: Oh, yes it is. Don't need a kick and we don't need a pump.
Speaker 3: There you go, game over. That's it. That's all I need to know. Is there anywhere you feel good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: What's your least? Because I think none of us would say I feel good everywhere? Like even quarterback. I think you should probably try to pick up a quarterback somewhere.
Speaker 4: Right, they got Joe Milton.
Speaker 3: I'm not upset. The more I look at that, and the more I talk to my buddy that's a huge Patriots fan and follows all that stuff. He was kind of upset that they let him go for what little they did. You said, the Cowboys finally got a good deal, he said. Everybody New England's kind of pissed because they did let him go for such a good deal because he wanted to come here, so you know that's he.
Speaker 4: Says, they could have gotten more elsewhere.
Speaker 6: But Joe had requested because his family's big Cowboys fans. Yeah, his mom was a big Cowboy fan, and so he requested to come to the Allison.
Speaker 3: Good for them to do everything by the player. So, all right, where do you feel they need to address the least outside of kicker and returner. Ooh, that's like where would you address the least? Yeah, because I think we would all say you need help everywhere, even if it's just depth, right.
Speaker 6: I would say, I would say edge, I will say Edge, Powler. You got Micah Fowler, Williams, Neeland and Neeland?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, even though Niland can be a three too, huh.
Speaker 4: Situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: And I would say it and and again.
Speaker 6: Would not be mad they got another pass rusher because like the names that I just named, Yeah, follow could be a pass rusher.
Speaker 4: But but Micah is the primarily of the of the group.
Speaker 6: Sam Williams, We're still trying to figure out all what Sam is?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: And can't they stay on the fee for the injuries.
Speaker 6: And then between sometimes the boone had penalties. We know what Neeland is in the run stopping game, but not really much a past pass rusher.
Speaker 5: Uh So, but that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it. I mean I'll be cheating by saying quarterback, right, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so would you be Is there a position in the first round that you would.
Speaker 4: Be upset that they took running back?
Speaker 3: Even if it was gent so you had no running back in the first round, give me anything the question?
Speaker 8: And I think I speak with Jesse on this. And the most recent guy is he?
Speaker 5: Is he Barkley? Is he Barkley?
Speaker 3: That that once everything?
Speaker 8: And you're talking about well wait and see we that's too that's too big of a risk.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 8: Just you everybody keep talking about running back. Oh he's that guy, he's that guy for real?
Speaker 5: We here. Would you bet your life on it? Man? Go get you off his line?
Speaker 3: Would Kurt? This is a writing question from Kurt. If the tight end Tyler Warren from Penn State is the best player available at number twelve, would you pick him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: You trade back? I trade back or take somebody else.
Speaker 6: If if we get to twelve and Tyler Warren is our best player available, we've done something.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Something of them wrong, something terribly wrong.
Speaker 4: Some of us is something.
Speaker 6: Something ain't right, something's not right, some something shifted and twist it.
Speaker 4: You don't. You don't take Tyler Warren. We're talking about positional value.
Speaker 8: It's like they done took every offensive lineman knowing the man and people don't.
Speaker 5: Got multiple picks before they got to us, So you'd.
Speaker 3: Be upset if they went running back or tight end in the first round. I would those would be your two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, don't don't, don't play around.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you're not gonna get it out. I don't know if they would get it running back the ball that much. You know, I don't know this new guy, but that's action a lot. That's action a lot.
Speaker 3: Would you move? I would take a running back in the fresh round? You would, of course, which one? Well, if he's there, there's only one that you would take. Yeah, that's the guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, and he better be on the field. I mean every time, Dak, I mean, he better be running out there.
Speaker 3: He's the man.
Speaker 7: But he was probably I mean, people thinking that the Oakland's Oakland's at six Vegas.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry Vegas six. But well, on the.
Speaker 7: Draft show, we talked about it today is is Jacksonville is it could be sneaky getting in there and getting that too.
Speaker 6: So Jacksonville, I'm talking about telling my show when it comes to Jacksonville, Jacksonville is gonna.
Speaker 4: Shake this draft oo because that's true. They they're they're they're gonna make very quiet right now. They're gonna, They're.
Speaker 6: Gonna And the thing that I said was about because I know everybody's like putting tet Roll McMillan the receiver from Arizona to the Cowboys, and I said, like, if you look at who Liam Cohen is and where he's coming from, and they have Brian Thomas Junior there, he came from a place where they had Mike Evans and Chris Godwin with Baker Mayfield, I wouldn't be shocked if you go Brian Thomas because you wanted, you want to, you want to make the pick of Trevor Lawrence finally work, like really really work. You take a tetar Roll McMillan in the first round at that pick, and now you pair two really big time wide receivers. Really it's one big time wide receiver and then another receiver who has the potential to to to give you that and it looks a lot like the like the receiving package that he had in Tampa Bay. Now that changes some things now, right because tech goes at nine whatever it was, and now they could be a run on receivers now because everybody's kind of waiting on to see who's gonna take what before a run happened. So they they can they can take they can take the kid from Boise State asking gent that shakes some things up. So this Jacksonville is a is a quiet sleeper that can shift the way that this draft will go when it gets to that pick.
Speaker 5: The wild card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the draft?
Speaker 3: Would you trade up or down in this draft?
Speaker 4: When you say you say up, do you mean like into the top ten? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, No, you either stay where you're at.
Speaker 4: Or you trade trade back?
Speaker 3: Would you trade back?
Speaker 5: Would you?
Speaker 4: I take that back the only way?
Speaker 6: I if for if on draft night, if on draft night the gas mask photos come out of a dual carter, if they catch Travis Hunter in the bathroom, like doing a Ray Charles line or something like that, and he falls to like ten nine, I pick up the phone. If one or two of those guys get to nine to ten, I picked the phone up. I picked the phone up. I picked the field just to see. I picked the phone up for Travis Hunter and that dual carter. If they get that deep, they get close up to like touch the hem of your garment.
Speaker 3: How high would you? How how far are we gonna have to beat the Ravens?
Speaker 5: How you're gonna have to beat the Steelers. They come in.
Speaker 3: How far would they have to fall for you to pick the phone up?
Speaker 4: Nine to ten?
Speaker 5: So that far? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they get nine to ten.
Speaker 3: Abe, you got your hand on the phone.
Speaker 4: Hey, we look at the board.
Speaker 5: I'm like, hey, let me ask you this right here? Where does Philadelphia pick at thirty second?
Speaker 8: Because if they them two guys fall that far, they gonna you can bet they gonna run at it. You can bet they're gonna make that's a lot.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have to give up a lot. Yeah, they may have to from thirty second all the way up there.
Speaker 5: They may have to.
Speaker 6: But at twelve they if Travis Hunter get to twelve, I mean get to nine, what would you give up?
Speaker 4: Whatever they wanted?
Speaker 6: Really, tra duel Cardos Travis Hunter, if they wanted, if they wanted this year's first a third and next year's first.
Speaker 5: You'll do it switch or next year's first.
Speaker 4: Switch to move up?
Speaker 5: Who's higher?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Whoever higher? Yeah for Travis Hunt up? Yeah, you put Travis Hunter.
Speaker 5: The Saints have nine.
Speaker 4: Don't you think they need a wide receiver?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sainty's everything like us, They would they need everything that pick if he got there, so you have to get to eight, it's Carolina.
Speaker 5: If they're both there, Carolina ain't giving it up either.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, if anyone you asked me, who would I move into the top ten four those two players?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you got my only two?
Speaker 4: I would move up.
Speaker 3: Otherwise you'd stay where you're at.
Speaker 4: To go back, I definitely go back.
Speaker 3: Is this a draft where we think they might go back?
Speaker 4: It's very possible, because they've done that a lot.
Speaker 5: Go back and get who what positions are you talking about going back?
Speaker 4: And Okay, so let's let's let's run it down. Let's run it down.
Speaker 6: Let's let's say the Cowboys get to Let's say no receivers have made a run yet, and and let's say somebody at twenty, who's at twenty, Chris.
Speaker 5: Who's picking at twenty, who's.
Speaker 7: Picking at twenty?
Speaker 3: Yes, that would be Denver. That's too far though for me. So if going to twelve to twenty, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: If if Denver wanted at twelve, right, they wanted to move up to twelve and no receivers that come off the board yet, I one would move back to twenty because I'm gonna get one of the top four receivers. I'm gonna get either TETAROA Matthew Golden, Luther Burden, or a Mecca Abuka. You pair any one of them opposite the Ceedee Lamb, you gotta win. And then now I will probably pick up a second round pick. So now i'll have two second round picks. I can now go back in there and get a running back. Now I don't mind a running back in the second round. And then oh, I can get an I can get a defensive tackle in the second round. I can get a corner in the second round. I get an offensive lineman in the second round. I can get both. I can get two of those. I can get a running back and a defensive tackle on the second round. Because I have to have two second round picks. So those type of situations I'll move. I'll move back for because I think I think they're going receiver in.
Speaker 4: The first round.
Speaker 6: I've been on record to say what you're feeling about showing up the offensive line. I've been on records saying that I would, well, I'm a gun to my head, I would want to show up my offensive line.
Speaker 8: I've been listening to the other guys shows, and you know, because Norman they wrong. But I can't debate Jesse if he say he wants a wire receiver because God knows we need one. I can't debate whether we need a corner. God knows we need one. So it ain't about me debating.
Speaker 5: It's about you.
Speaker 8: Better sell your man. If you think it's a sell your wide receiver, you know I'm selling offensive line because right now they're in a rebuilding mold. They what six seven wins? Maybe five next year? So you that tells me you need everything everything. If you don't come out of this draft with whether you move back or not.
Speaker 5: All we need is a prayer. They got to hit first, second, and third round.
Speaker 3: You got to hit.
Speaker 8: These guys got to be productive whoever you decide to get.
Speaker 3: That's just it, all right, let's take our last break. By the way, you say five six seven wins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you try to record me whatever.
Speaker 3: You I'm just saying the over under. That's a good segue. It's seven and a half. Kurt wants to know from us if we think they'll go over or under seven and a half wins.
Speaker 5: Well, jumping on that osmosis maybe can get thirteen.
Speaker 3: All right, this show just hard left ridiculous. See if anyone else thinks we can get to thirteen through osmos or Acid nine tea, ask to thirteen and we come back. I'll hang it with the pull.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win slides with the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 10: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 12: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game D is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced rum of the NFL. The NFL season is where legends are born on and off the field. Some are last second players that turn the tide and change a team's destiny, while others are of friends who follow the captain to make a regular get together into the stuff of legends, visit follow Thecaptain dot com. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York Hey.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seed Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 4: All the action.
Speaker 3: Seed Gig makes it.
Speaker 11: Easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 4: Whether you're buying.
Speaker 11: Or selling tickets a Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works expect the expected.
Speaker 9: Seed Geek, How's wing Stops Chrispy Juicy, Classic Wings, saucey tossed in those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough, Get your labor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here.
Speaker 5: To bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Ordering now by downloading the Wings, stop out ordering online at wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 3: Back to Hanging with the worlcome back tell Hanging with the Boys. The final segment brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. And I don't know about the national media. We were just talking about in the break overshown getting the number zero for the first time in Cowboys history. And I don't know about the national media if this has even been a story. But no other team in the world than the Dallas Cowboys would it be this big of a deal for a guy that has seen the field is little. Look thirteen games, love Overshowing. I think everybody on this show loves him. Jesse, you know you had interactions with him. I've had interactions with him. Great human being, exciting ballplayer. The fan base loves him. But for a guy to play thirteen games and be on the team, this is what his third year be a third year for this to be this big of a deal. Every single sports radio talk show in Dallas has talked about this for three days. What other place than the Dallas Cowboys is even a story anywhere else? It's sight here here, Oh he changed his number in the off seasons. Okay here, It's like it's been a it's been full segments on shows.
Speaker 4: He had a Cowboys, had a pr rule.
Speaker 3: Out, been making the jerseys.
Speaker 5: It's been the last jersey made this year.
Speaker 6: Body, nobody can sell a story like Terry's unbelievable and a whole hum kind of low profile off season. Jerry's like, let me drum up some some attention. Let me let me drum this thing up. Let me you know, I told you guys earlier in the year. You know, merch was down.
Speaker 4: Last year.
Speaker 6: Merch was down last year, has been that been that way for a long time. I heard from some people up there in the department. So what better way to get merch going again. Put out a whole campaign. They got posters, they got every I mean, it's it's you know. And to Mario, he's been on Get Up, What's the Morning Show? With the k Adams, He's been on NFL Live, He's been all he's been. He's running the gamut of sports shows. To basically say that he's wearing number zero. It doesn't happening. Joe Milk got a new number, Joe Milton wears Teddy wait't War nineteen No.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 3: We didn't do it rollout right, and it probably in total over the week, probably got more total airplay than the Lucas stuff. Now, the Lucas stuff was all day yesterday, Yeah, because he came back. But like, if you add all the minutes spent on it up, it probably had that much coverage in DFW.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, all right, So Kurt sent us a little note and he had another writing question. The odds came out on Dallas or they probably been out over under? Right now? Of total wins is seven and a half? You threw out the number five, six, seven, You were spot on. Do you think they will hit Chris, you jump in on this too. Do you think they're gonna hit seven and a half wins? Would you take the Obviously they can't get seven and a half wins? So are they gonna be over or under this year? I'm gonna put them at eight wins, and I would probably put them higher, but I think you might get swept by two out of the three teams in your division this year.
Speaker 4: So that's four hastack.
Speaker 3: I think you could. I think the Eagles got your number on that defensive line. And then I think Washington's coming coming. They're coming fast, so no pause. So that's for right out of the gate. So then you've got another nine. So you've got to make up.
Speaker 5: Chris, you got that pulled up the people were playing.
Speaker 3: I bet he can get it real quick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So that way we don't have You don't have to sit up and guess the Wolfings you're gonna get this year.
Speaker 4: Or what my number is.
Speaker 3: He's saying, the schedule, schedule, I can bring.
Speaker 7: It to you.
Speaker 8: You're good, Yeah, I mean, brother, you gotta where yet it's a it's a full rebuild, man. The Cowboys haven't been in this position since when Jess A full rebuild.
Speaker 5: This is a you know, whether they ever us said.
Speaker 4: Or not, what do you no?
Speaker 5: Full rebuild?
Speaker 8: There we go, Giants, Eagles, we allay, and the Commanders. You got Packers, chiefs, chargers, Vikings, Cardinals all right mm hmm yeah, so that's at home.
Speaker 5: You got the Baris, you got.
Speaker 8: The Broncos, you got the lines, you got the Raiders, the Raiders could be a win, the Jets could be a win, the Panthers could be a win, Broncos could be in the Giants and that may be a split.
Speaker 5: So you got one, two, three.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be close. That's gonna be close. I think eight wins, eight wins, and I think that's probably being.
Speaker 8: Chargers getting better. Vikings are good even if they don't have brother Donald in there.
Speaker 5: They are good. That home schedules rough, Commanders are good.
Speaker 3: Giants, Eagles, Commander's Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, Cardinals.
Speaker 5: And you know the Carginals quarterback coming in here.
Speaker 8: He gonna be on the run because he can be like I'm gonnahow him when I used to be like an allot.
Speaker 3: I've been on this, I've been on this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where are you at on that Jets?
Speaker 3: Seven and a half man's.
Speaker 5: Tough sticking with the quarter.
Speaker 6: You're telling me that this this man won't have a short least you win, like you win less than seven and a half games.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: I don't I think. I think. I think a healthy Dak. I think a healthy Dak gives you a chance, not for like serious playoff contention and like Super Bowl run. But it gives you a chance every week if he can stay healthy. Dak is staying healthy throughout the whole year and he's not missing any games.
Speaker 4: I'll say nine today. As now, this.
Speaker 3: Will chance is so optimistic.
Speaker 6: This will change training camp when I get a chance to see it, and as it's starting to come together, it will change.
Speaker 4: It will either go higher or lower. But I just.
Speaker 6: Because on making they win this year seven and you won seven and Dak missed majority of the season. He gotta be worth two more games.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, but a lot of players have left, even the depth have left.
Speaker 3: You're not You're not the same, Yeah, the same team, you're not playing with the same.
Speaker 8: Coaches have changed. That's so tough, coach. It's a lot of it's not going into this year. Coaches have changed, starting with your head coach.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say I'm today on the defense has changed today?
Speaker 3: You say not, we'll revisit in a few weeks. Are you guys getting for a few months? Are you guys getting worried at all? That about the Micah deal? Is it? I think it'll get done yeah before camp?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like when you say, are we gonna have another situation I'll say before the season, he's not gonna hold out. I'll say before the season.
Speaker 3: Why say he's not gonna hold out, Chris, mm hmmm. I have it on good sources that he would hold out.
Speaker 7: I just don't think he's going to. He said that, he says he doesn't want to miss stuff.
Speaker 4: Like that, Like I says a lot of things. I understand that.
Speaker 3: But the thing is the one thing that Michael Micah does like is money.
Speaker 4: And he's getting that regardless.
Speaker 3: He's gonna get the Well yea, I know, but if you hold out, you do have to give some of.
Speaker 4: It back, you know.
Speaker 6: You know that's not true, Chris. You know, you know they worked that out and it went into that contract. It's like, oh yeah, it was. That's a hundred thousand that he's supposed to be lost in training camp. It's all of a sudden, forty two million whatever it is, a hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: They worked that out.
Speaker 3: If you go work out one time of the off season, you get this bonus, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that, No, No, that work that out. That's always.
Speaker 8: That's always, you know, And you know, ILike me and Jest, the only one think this way, okay, because most people think this, Well, okay, you're gonna get it.
Speaker 5: He's gonna make a.
Speaker 8: Thirty million a year, so six hundred thollary that well, I mean being you, Jesse, maybe you brother, that's.
Speaker 5: A lot, a whole lot to lot. So, but that's how Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 6: If before the season, I think, yes, uh, before training camp?
Speaker 5: Hm hm, well he thinking about that. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: Tell me, is it anybody that we can draft where you can see that player saying this guy here in a year, boy, he's gonna be that man.
Speaker 5: Anybody that we can.
Speaker 8: Draft Jesse, Yeah, that wide receiver you're talking about, I don't think any I don't okay, So the wide receivers, to me, there isn't a wide receiver that we can draft that's gonna make me say he's better than CD lamb.
Speaker 3: Okay did we think did we think CD would CD when he came out? I did, because there was hype around Daz that Deaz was gonna be Daz right, but with CD or with CD, I don't remember when.
Speaker 6: People were shocked that he even got that, Like he shouldn't have. He shouldn't have got to the Cowboys. Was it seventeen.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, he shouldn't have got he should have got.
Speaker 5: Were trying to get edge rustius.
Speaker 6: Man like as he was like as the driver was playing. Now you start to look like, wait, ain't nobody take him yet? And he starts saying like the teams and how it was lighted up. He was like, oh, he might he might make it. Yeah, he might, he might make it to And then he got close. He was like, oh, it's a steal, Like everybody knew. You rushed the card up.
Speaker 3: And did you know he was to be? Did you think he was gonna be what he turned into?
Speaker 6: I thought I thought early on that he needed to polish up some of his games, but I thought he had potential potential to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are any of these receivers in this draft, like he said, could be the man, like like a CD type college.
Speaker 8: In any player see that that that's my thing. If gent I hope'm pronouncing his name right. If he's that guy and Chris Man do a little research for me, you can tell me a fair Is he that gangster?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 8: I saw what he did in the playoffs for him just to get back to the offensive line was miracles. I mean the way he was moving his feet, the way he was making people miss, and to still rush for one hundred yards.
Speaker 5: To me, that was amazing. I think that was amazing.
Speaker 6: I think Jenty has to go to the right program, Like he has to go to the right team that's gonna really support him being the guy and put everything around him to be the guy because running back, you know, it's tough, man like like Saquon was good in New York, but he had a lot of things that he had to overcome whether and that's line.
Speaker 5: Are you that good?
Speaker 8: So that next year you'll be like, Okay, if we get an offensive line this gympty kid or this receiver kid, uh, this uh lineback and both we just get somebody in front of him.
Speaker 6: I mean, the only the two names that I mentioned earlier, the two names that I'm almost positive that Duel and Travis Hunter. I'm almost positive, Like when we're gonna look up next season, it's gonna be a two's gonna be a two horse race for.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Those Travis Hunter is a defensive back.
Speaker 4: I think he starts there.
Speaker 6: I think that should be primarily prim primary UH position, and then you have some packaging.
Speaker 5: Because he's a natural corner. He's very natural.
Speaker 6: I mean, his body movement is so it's so it's so amazing, like it's so amazing. But if he's gonna play both ways, you can. You can be a full time corner and a part time receiver. You can't be a full time receiver and a part time corner. And that's so it's a very thin line. It's a very thin line because here's here's here's the risk.
Speaker 4: That you run.
Speaker 6: And not not to wish just on this young man, but to have a dude playing like he did in college, you lose him for any amount of time due to injury. You don't lose one player, you lose two starters. And that's the difference. You lose two you have to replace two stars. So that's why I'm like full time corner moonlight receiver. It's it's tough to do the other way around because if you full time receiver, you can't really moonlight corner like you come in and out. But I need you out there now. I need you like I need the corner to be out there, like I need my left tackle to be out there. You can't you can't get tired. See receiver, tap out, I run two three goals. Yo, Hey I'm tapping out left tackles. Don't tap out.
Speaker 4: That's the hurt.
Speaker 7: I think he's different though, I mean he did all that and he mean he played for Colorado. I mean that's that's high light up there. But both ways, you know what I'm with Jesse, You got to slowly because it he did not play the talent that he's going to face an NFL. And Dion is so confident that this kid can do it.
Speaker 4: Too, Chris, but.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, this is grown men.
Speaker 7: There's a couple of games that are going to draft him as just a wide receiver.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that focuses on you. And so my my thing is prime tell him to do it like you did it. Full time corner like Jesse's talking about, and moonlight at the at the at the wide receiver position, get you some punk returns, you know, do something special like Daryl Green did, special teams and and full time corner. Because when you become a wide receiver, you are filling into a scheme and if you legit, the second guy they got plays schemed up for you, and when they need you the most, you can't be like you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't tap out when they need you the most.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, well we're tapping out times up. Good stuff, fellas next week. I don't think I'm gonna be here next.
Speaker 8: Dude gonna explain it. It's me D nine win when we get off to his app Yeah you are.
Speaker 4: I think I think that good for least two more. I just do.
Speaker 3: That's a good logic.
Speaker 4: I think he's good for that's good logic.
Speaker 8: So Vegas and you know, And I just want to say congratulations to Derek Eagleton from there Hanging with the Boys podcast.
Speaker 5: You know, new senior guy. We just want to thank you. I hope you senior citizens. You know you say he's a senior. He moved up to a senior, right.
Speaker 6: I think Derek die his hair because he's older than me. And he got wing. I got way more graz than him.
Speaker 5: He might, but he ain't had the words you had. Yes, I mean that's right, you've had some words, bro.
Speaker 4: Derek woke up in the third base. Huh yeah, I'm playing.
Speaker 5: I'm playing all right, fell a box yo.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz and Josh, thanks for keeping Chris company. We'll be back next week, same time, same place, Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.