Speaker 1: Brand new Second Date to start your Monday. Welcome to it. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Glad, happy, acstatic that you were here. Tired we were talking about our own no no, no, no no no. Yeah, I will say we are a little tired when people call in for our help of them not telling us the whole story. Yeah, this guy detail left out the biggest, most important detail because he thought it was just normal, Like yeah, I don't understand people's normal sometimes seriously, but you'll hear it just a second and comments like this, Yeah, am said, My question is what does Jeffrey do while Brook does the intro? Where's jeff right now? Jeffrey, you know, started as the assistant producer and he just really hasn't given up on that role. No, so he's working away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't do a very good negotiating this contract. I'll tell you that easily gotten out of that job. Can have been here talking with us looking him there the work. Yeah, all right, let's get this started. We'll stop talking and we'll get your brand new second day on right now.
Speaker 3: Second Date update. Every great romantic story usually starts with some kind of awkward, funny meat cute. She accidentally trips on her yoga matt and falls right underneath his downward dog. Hell he or she accidentally sneezed into her flaming shot of everclear and caught his pants on fire. And one of our listeners apparently met someone in a funny, awkward kind of way. His name is Nick, and I can't wait to hear his story.
Speaker 1: So Nick can't wait to hear who is injured during this meet kill?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you so much for taking my calls.
Speaker 1: Been a full body cast. It was so adorable.
Speaker 6: I think you were.
Speaker 3: Well learn about that. You are going to be kind of like our Ryan Gosling for this, but even more charming, I'm sure. So tell us the name of the woman that you met and how you two came to.
Speaker 5: Be the woman. Her name is Sydney, and we met on a pickle bawl court.
Speaker 1: Actually I went by a pickleball court the other night and it was packed, Like I like you to play with the older people.
Speaker 3: But yeah, okay, so were you at Brooks Senior Citizen Pickleball tournament? Has that already met him?
Speaker 5: No, I was doing league night with my friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, and how'd you meet what was your name again? I'm sorry, Sydney, Sydney, Okay.
Speaker 5: We we were playing mixed doubles and while we were playing, there was a rally and I hit the ball and struck her right in the chest.
Speaker 4: Ball.
Speaker 1: But did you celebrate because you got the point? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, and mock her a little bit better, say no, no, no.
Speaker 4: And so after.
Speaker 5: The game we usually go out and have a drink, and so we invited them, and I pick up the first round because I felt bad about hitting this woman I've never met before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're playing mixed doubles. So she's with a guy, right, Well.
Speaker 5: She was with the guy, but it was not so much she was seeing Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I assume always that they're together. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That should be actually a rule in pick a ball that if you have a partner you have to kiss. Yeah, but we'll work on the pick the ball rules later. So you took Sydney, and it sounds like a bunch of people went out to get drinks afterwards, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was like six of us.
Speaker 5: But Sydney and I talked for a while and realized that we have more in common than just pick a ball. It was really nice actually, because I wasn't going there to meet anyone.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: At what point of the night did it dawn? And you're like, oh my god, this could be something.
Speaker 5: I feel like the fact that she never went away to talk to somebody else. I was like, Oh, she's staying here talking to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cute.
Speaker 3: Are you saying is this the date that you were on with her? Or was there another meet up after that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm being slow here. This leads to another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we better get to the other date. We only have so much time in a second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell us about that.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I'm going to the farmer's market's farm morning?
Speaker 4: Do you want to come?
Speaker 1: My god, dude, hold on, farmers, hold on.
Speaker 3: I got to stop you as a guy. Were you really going to the farmer's market or did you know? This is perfect?
Speaker 5: Well, I do you know that there is a farmer's market?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was, But it's cute. That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: It's a cute date.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we went to this huge farmer's market. I've actually never been before.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 4: And we walked all around and it was really fun.
Speaker 5: And then after that we walked to a park and walked all around this huge park also, and we were together for like three hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, getting your steps in, Yeah, you said, getting your steps in in a sexy way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mile three hours of straight walking is a lot.
Speaker 3: Is you felt like you were connecting obviously?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then I walked her back to her car and I was feeling the vibe and I leaned in for a kiss and she did this like old tiny comedian thing where she like went straight down like it was an elevator.
Speaker 1: Down physically she literally ducked. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was that a joke?
Speaker 5: No? I don't think so. I ended up kissing like the top of her hair.
Speaker 1: How did you recover from that? What did you say?
Speaker 6: I was just like, huh, all right, you didn't push the button to get the elevator back up to the top floor where you're at it. Come on, We're just push her down to the ground, so award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel.
Speaker 4: That, And so then you know I haven't.
Speaker 5: She hasn't texted me back since then.
Speaker 3: So how long ago was the farmers Market meet up?
Speaker 5: It was about a week ago.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's just the ending the kiss.
Speaker 5: That I feel like. I feel like I did something, something happened, but since I don't know what it is, it's kind of driving me crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, why would you stick around that long? Like if she wasn't feeling it? I mean, you don't get me wrong. Some people's like the kiss right away, especially kiss.
Speaker 1: I mean your broad daylight broad daylight kissing is different than end of the night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty embarrassing, but I just didn't know it wasn't that.
Speaker 1: And if it is that, I think that's something you can come back from.
Speaker 5: I would think that, but since she didn't respond, I thought, maybe, yeah, there's something else.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we're gonna come back. We're gonna try and call Sidney and get some answers for you and reunite you with your pickleball queen. Oh pickleball. It's really really important that you say that. We'll do it with your second date update right after this hold on second date update. It sucks getting rejected for a kiss the normal way, but it sucks even worse when you lean in and they bust out a comedic elevator going down move so that your lips meet the top of her hairline. Play on time, she like pushed the button first. Yeah, but I mean it sounds like a joke, but that's actually how Nick's date ended with a woman that Brooke remembers her name.
Speaker 1: Sydney, Sydney.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Jeff was just checking because he forgot Yeah.
Speaker 3: I forgot to Yeah, now we remember it's Sydney and they spent three hours together. So a really strange way to end the date.
Speaker 1: Now that she might have just not been ready for the kiss, like, that's no bad on her.
Speaker 3: Sure, But now that a full week has passed, it's pretty clear to Nick something is up, yeah, and he just wants to know exactly what that might be before we call her. Brook has generously offered to give you a good luck kiss on the cheek though, So Nick, how much tongue do you want with it?
Speaker 1: I always use tongue on cheek kisses.
Speaker 3: We didn't give you a choice there, you just got it. So now that we have luck on our side, let's dial Sydney. We'll see if she picks up the phone and hopefully has some answers for us. But here we go.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, you guys, do it.
Speaker 3: Don't thank us until you hear what happens.
Speaker 1: Kiss. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll kiss you when we're done, no matter what. So here we go.
Speaker 4: What hello?
Speaker 3: Hey? Is this Sydney?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sidney, thank you so much for answering. This is a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning's SAT Morning.
Speaker 4: Hi the radio.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you're talking to the star of the show, Jeffrey Dubo.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: You can google it.
Speaker 1: Your name pops up every once in a while if you go down really.
Speaker 3: Funny Pit two hundred. I'm on there anyway, exactly. Yeah, Sorr. We're doing a segment from our show. It's called I'm not sure if you're familiar with something called the second Date Update.
Speaker 1: Uh not really now, Okay, that one will pop up on Google, unlike Jeff's name.
Speaker 4: Okay, about a date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about a date that you went on recently with one of our listeners named Nick.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, ah yeah y.
Speaker 3: And apparently you're not calling Nick back like a week later, so he's reached out to us to try and help him figure out why.
Speaker 1: Right, sounds like you two had a lot in common. You met at pickleball, he talked forever. It sounds like when you did the farmer's market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked for a while, which must mean you had some sort of connection going on.
Speaker 4: Maybe more like I couldn't quite find a way to get myself out of there any Oh.
Speaker 1: Really, you know, at what point did you want to leave?
Speaker 4: I mean, like an hour in, I was kind of ready to go.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because we definitely did not get that vibe from Nick. His read was that it got better and better and better.
Speaker 1: I want to know why you wanted to leave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like conversation and stuff like, he seems like a nice guy, but there was just some stuff that was it just wasn't my vibe.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, something you guys didn't match on. I mean, could you.
Speaker 3: Be a little bit more specific about what stuff you weren't vibing with? You guys have different favorite colors?
Speaker 4: No what? Okay? So he wanted to go to the farmer's market, right, But as soon as we got to the farmer's Market, he took his shoes off and then asked, like one of the people at like a stall to like watch them for him when he.
Speaker 1: Left his shoes at one of the booths.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then like proceeded to walk the whole farmer's market without shoes on, which, like, was.
Speaker 3: It all on grass?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Not on grass?
Speaker 3: He went barefoot over a pavement in a farmer's market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were downtown and like the city farmer's market.
Speaker 1: One of the walk took so long. You can't move very fast. I mean, I don't blame you. I mean you're just fast forwarding in the relationship. You're like, dude, I do not want those feet in my bed. No, that's what I was thinking too. Why did he do that? Though? That's really interesting scene.
Speaker 4: He just kept being like, oh, it's I can really steel the earth right now. Like I'm like, bro, you're walking on cement.
Speaker 3: People that are like that. But I guess the people.
Speaker 1: She made the refuse to wear running shoes. It was a problem.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 1: That's usually like a hippie vibe, you know. And he didn't seem very crunchy to me, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So that feeling of ick about his bare feet carried over for the next three hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it like got worse too. I was like really doing my best to just kind of like pretend like he wasn't doing that, and then he's like, Okay, you want to go to the park.
Speaker 3: At least there's grass in a park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hoping he picks up his shoes at some point there's some poor booth that still has his shoes.
Speaker 4: No, he grabbed his shoes and he's like walking around with them in his hand.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like girls in Vegas. So you got to the park and now he's holding his shoes, and what happened there?
Speaker 4: Do we sit down the bench? I'm already like really fighting the whole thing, but I'm just like trying to power through. And then all of a sudden, he gets up, walks over to this tree not far away from me at all, like within eyesight. Just go to the bathroom behind the tree.
Speaker 3: What I don't even want to ask him.
Speaker 1: Public urination on a date, Yeah, in the public park.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know. I get like guys do that sometimes, but like on a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, public parks, public bathrooms. Yeah, but he probably did want to go into a bathroom barefoot.
Speaker 3: That one has standards. Yeah, So it's the bare feet combined with the going to the bathroom in the park that gave you all of the X.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. He's just a little too one with nature for me.
Speaker 3: I think, well, I can't speak to him being one with nature, but I do know he is one with this telephone call right now, because he's on the other line listening and wanted to talk to you off though. Who knows what's on? Nick? Are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sound a little embarrassed.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's good to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, this before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you need to address to her what was going on with your attired decisions.
Speaker 1: I think she's in shock that he's on the phone anything from Sydney Sidney?
Speaker 3: Are you okay?
Speaker 4: I don't know. This is just awkward, Nick.
Speaker 3: Why don't you talk to her? And I mean, you have a lot of explaining to.
Speaker 5: Do, dude, I didn't know bothered you. Honestly, I I really really do not like wearing shoes when I'm outside and.
Speaker 1: In the city on the street.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know.
Speaker 5: I do wash my feet before I climb the bed.
Speaker 4: Just well, you would have had to wash them quite a lot that day because they were black when we got to the park.
Speaker 5: That is, I mean, I'm not I'm not denying nothing that is true.
Speaker 3: We're focusing a lot on the shoes. What about the other big red flag during the date where you went to the bathroom in the park. Yeah, well, I feel like, are you with nature? Is that you like connecting with nature?
Speaker 5: Again, I'm not connecting with nature. No, but I do believe that trees has been around longer than plumbing.
Speaker 3: That's following the logic actually was off.
Speaker 1: You're on a first date. You don't want to pee in front of anybody on the first date.
Speaker 5: Yes, I understand, But in my defense, the tree was blocking me from sight.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it wasn't in front of her director, it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Behind Oh, Sydney. You didn't see it, So it's fine.
Speaker 4: I didn't have to see it. I heard it.
Speaker 3: Well, if you can hear it, that must mean it's pretty healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got a strong stream thrust. I don't know if that's really a selling point, but that's what we're going with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were walking through a long time and I had to go.
Speaker 1: I man, there's there's public restrooms for that.
Speaker 3: So, like you said, he couldn't go win because he didn't have a shoes Brooks, this was an emergency.
Speaker 1: Out of all the people defending being shoeless in public, I didn't expect it to be here.
Speaker 3: I know, somebody's got to stand up for mother nature, and shockingly, it's me. Okay, me and Nick. And I'm also going to stand up for love today because i'd like to offer a second date for you, Sydney, if you'll agree to meet up with him one more time, we would pay for it, and he might even agree to wear shoes on the next one.
Speaker 4: He's gone shoes on.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, look at that. His boundary is a date with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know about that. I just feel like we're different people.
Speaker 1: That's not always bad, though, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Actually feel pretty okay about all of this.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, Sidney, we appreciate you answering the phone and just being fully honest with us about what really happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, I'm sorry it didn't work.
Speaker 1: Out the way it is. Man, they never complimented her on her way of dodging a kiss. Yeah, so you need.
Speaker 4: He told you about that? Yeah? That pretty good?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little too good?
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, we don't want to leave you empty handed or empty four headed Nicks, So before you leave. There you go.
Speaker 1: I think he just stopped, as did you?
Speaker 3: Duck damn it, Jeffrey in the morning. You know, normally, if shoes are coming off on a first date, that's a pretty good sign that things are moving in the right direction.
Speaker 1: You know, he doesn't leave his socks on during the act.
Speaker 3: But yeah, in this case, it was not a good sign. It was a weird sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't expect that of him.
Speaker 3: Honestly, No, we didn't see that coming, Alexis, which was worse for you walking around barefoot? Or the urinating in public?
Speaker 1: Barefoot?
Speaker 3: Why public?
Speaker 1: I'm jealous.
Speaker 4: Guys can kind of do that anyway.
Speaker 1: But I feel like if he's on a hill and he's barefoot downhill, oh, I say, I had to not go that. You up.
Speaker 3: Brook needs to do a wilderness survival show and this needs to be episode number one.
Speaker 1: Gravity is not your friend when peen in the woods.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's but make sure to add all of those to your first date checklists. Show up on time, tip your waiters, keep your shoes on, don't pee on trees, and make sure you're not peeing on a slope. If you're going to be barefoot. Valid now there you go. So much you can learn by listening to our second date updates, so you can find them online wherever you get your podcasts. They're at Brook and Jeffrey