Speaker 1: The Nicky Gliser Podcastiser.
Speaker 2: Here's Nikki.
Speaker 1: Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's the Nicky Glazer Podcast. I'm in Saint Louis. Noah Bryan are here also in studio in Saint Louis with me. Taylor McGraw.
Speaker 2: She's hot, quick draw.
Speaker 3: Quick drama, graw drama.
Speaker 1: She just came in hot and told me she has a book from the seventies that she got from the library.
Speaker 2: And I got it where you got it? You know, on the internet, on the internet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know that seems like do Nikki, But Taylor doesn't like buy things from the internet, like she doesn't.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 1: That's not something I know of you. Although you did get me a book and we need to.
Speaker 2: Talk about that you got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need I like, thank you. By the way, I'll just say that we need to talk about that book.
Speaker 4: Guess.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah to that, Brian, Yes, we will get to that, Brian shall Guess what book Taylor got me that I think will have me on some kind of list because I own it.
Speaker 2: Oh that I'm on so many lists.
Speaker 1: Because it's not even a book that's like for people interested in this, it's like for people who are like like these people I think is what I think the book is like, even though I do I am fascinating.
Speaker 3: Is the Mormon Bible kind of.
Speaker 2: No, just say whatever, I was making a joke.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's it's full of bullshit, just like the Mormon Bible. And it was written by a crazy person. It's written by at least one crazy person, much like the Mormon Bible, who just started amending the Mormon Bible so he could have more things. So he wrote the Mormon Bible Joseph Smith, and then he did he's dead, but like only for like one hundred years. Like so this is like a very new religion or not.
Speaker 3: Golden Plates got the Golden Plates.
Speaker 1: All I know is that he wanted to fuck more women, so he just like pretended to have a dream where he talked to God or he had to, and then he was like, oh my God, God says that I can have multiple wives. And then if people are like great, we all get and He's like, no, not you guys. And then they then people started having I've thought about this before, but they people started having. Part of the religion is that you have a relationship with God that is personal and then you have one that you like share with the congregation kind of, but like everyone has an intimate relationship with God. That's part of Mormonism. But then, or it was. Then Joseph Smith was like, actually, because then people started getting their own like insights from God that would make them do things. And Joseph was like A. So then he goes, actually, only I do. I'm sorry, I thought that was for everyone. I read it wrong, and then he rewrote it. And then that's when Sex started going like, no, we're doing a different kind of Mormonism because he was changing it so much, and they were like, we like the old way. And that's like you said, it's the same for every religion.
Speaker 2: Who knew that?
Speaker 1: So do you want to guess what the book is or do you want to hear what book Taylor head today?
Speaker 3: Well, let's start with the That's how we started.
Speaker 1: She came in hot with a book about colors for that are good for your Color me beautiful. It's called color Me Beautiful from the seventies.
Speaker 2: Or color Analysis. I think they're calling it now the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might have seen it all over TikTok reels. At least if you're a woman consuming the same things I am, where they kind of like color match you to see which colors of makeup and clothing you should wear that is best for your skin and overall veins. It's based on your veins.
Speaker 2: Based on like your undertone and yeah, like.
Speaker 3: You're I've never heard someone use undertone and a play on words before. That's the first time I ever heard that.
Speaker 1: We're making history today, but I do. I'm just like, I don't know. Because she showed me all the colors and she goes, Okay, this page of colors, is this what you.
Speaker 2: Like to wear?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I don't know, and then she was like, what about this page of colors? Is this what you like to wear? And just like I don't know, and and then I don't. I don't think I liked any of them. And then you were like the one that I was like, yeah, looks a little color colors. I'm sorry. I know there's like infinite colors, but.
Speaker 2: It feels since I got into this, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Know, there's so many like like you say, like there's a purple that looks good on you, and then there's a purple that looks horrible.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, Yeah, people can't purple. Like Noah, would you wear purple?
Speaker 1: Yes, I would love to wear purple. I love hind of purple light or like or we're talking lavender or like a lavender.
Speaker 4: I don't look good in like a deep purple. And I was just going to ask if if there's a color that you love, but like, anytime you put it on you just it just does not look good on you.
Speaker 1: Every I think yellow, I always want to look good and yellow. I see some black really striking and yellow, and then it never works for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a similar way, it depends certain yellow as you can. Yeah, it just really depends on the tone.
Speaker 1: But I told Taylor that any color looks good on me when I have a spray hand. Sorry, Like every color is a thousand percent better on me. And there are no colors that look good on me when I don't have a spray tand that don't look better, Like they look fine, but they will always look better with a spray TND, So what's that about.
Speaker 3: That's why they can wear whatever color they want. A white guy tries to put on one of those pink shirts or whatever, and they look like a.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's skin tones that are definitely better than others. That's a fact. And yeah, white people are struggling in that department.
Speaker 1: Well we should We've had it, yeah for a long we deserve it. No, it's it, Uh, yeah, it's it's so. I wore this color today because Taylor went through my closet and I said pick out because I had a different outfit on, and she was like, you should never wear that color.
Speaker 2: And I was like, fuck, bitch.
Speaker 1: And even it's popping through on this pillow. I want to get this pillow out of the shot because might be actually, Marian, are you the color that it doesn't look up with me? I kick her across the room. Don't wash me out. So I chose this color. But then and I do love a light pink, but with my arm where without SPRAYTND, that's hell. And then when I think I fits.
Speaker 2: Making hands, it's giving me us some color. But also it's gonna this. You can't you can't contend.
Speaker 1: With the walls, yeah, and the chair and everything. But Taylor, you said this book literally changed your life. For these theories literally changed your life change.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been into it for a long time because my grandma used to be obsessed with it. When we're young, she'd always be going up to people and the store like the good Will and going, that's not your color. But she was talking about it when I visit her. So I got this book. So I go to have something that she liked to talk about that I could talk about too. And I got rid of everything in my whole closet and I started wearing only my color. And then since then people will be like, oh, you look great today, whereas no one ever has ever ever said that before. And if it's my color, then people be like, I love that shirt, but it's just a regular old shirt, like this is a plain turtlenet.
Speaker 1: I get compliments because I'm wearing a color, you know what I mean. Like people are like, that's a funk, Like you like are peacocking because of the color. So I would I would just assume it was that.
Speaker 3: There's also the fact that maybe but not, you have like textual proof that the color you're wearing is proper. Then you have confidence when you wear the color, and then people see that confidence and they.
Speaker 2: Go, wow, absolutely could be that that colored be beautiful. Yeah, but a lot of it is. My colors are black and white, and winters are the only ones that really should wear black and white.
Speaker 1: Yees. So people are summer, autumn, spring, or.
Speaker 2: Winter, right, yeah, And so a lot of people will say I look really good when I'm wearing black. So I don't think that that color.
Speaker 3: Gives me everybody, No, it would.
Speaker 1: When I wear black, I feel confident because I'm like, it's slimming. It just is all put together. You look at least clean. It's monochromatic. It makes me feel cooler, like it would give me a skip my step.
Speaker 2: I lived off.
Speaker 1: I look like I could have written the book that Taylor bought for me. It's the Journals of the Columbine Mothers.
Speaker 3: Okay, he could have guessed.
Speaker 1: Literally the Journals of the Columbine kids printed and like so the journal is on the side, on the left side, and then like the transcription of the journal is on the right side. They were fucking idiots.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, journals.
Speaker 3: So okay, hold on, school boy journaling. That's like big.
Speaker 1: Time, big time. They were so dude. They were they were like always talking like you.
Speaker 2: Just reads you did not read full of like first name no, okay, so if you read the reason that I got that for you. One, I know you're obsessed with colbine. But two because when I was reading Eric Harris's I was like, this is literally us when we were in high school. It's like it has things I hate list and like people who walk so get the fuck out of my way, and like people who dress like this. That's what lists I was making when I was in high school.
Speaker 1: Carl and Baby have like Nazi symbols and yeah, okayt he had a little we had a little issue by hatred and like things people's brains exploding, stopping on their cages and breaking.
Speaker 2: But it was kind of funny. Both things can be true both Absolutely, you can be an idiot, and I can separate the.
Speaker 1: Artist an artist.
Speaker 2: He's true an artist.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they were inspired by the Carland bit because the Carlan bit came out. I mean he did a few times and a few different specials in the early nineties. People I could do without, and then it was just like a list of people who say what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You know, it's like stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Totally, this was Eric Harris's brain dropping. It also books that my dad had that I used to read.
Speaker 2: I think it was It was also like in the Zeitgeist because I never knew about George carlm but I was always making things I hate list I think just oh yeah, I still doing this stuff like I still do all the time, and I love thinking people who walk slow. Yeah, I can't take it.
Speaker 3: They were like, you might be a school shooter if I was inspired by Jeff Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone blamed Marilyn Manson. No one was even talking about how the blue Collar comedy tour is the reason Columbine happened.
Speaker 2: For those of you who.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Columbine was a failed bombing. It was not supposed to be a shooting. The shooting was supposed to be the aftermath where they just picked people off that were running from the bombing. They wanted to kill up words of five hundred people, they only killed like twelve. It was kind of a failure on there and there and uh, it was not inspired by Marilyn Manson. It was one was a sociopath. And what do you think Dylan was? Do you think Dylan was also impressive? Yeah, he was just he wanted to kill himself. He was just suicidal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just found that he just went along.
Speaker 1: Do you know that during like there's a theory that during I'm so sorry to make this about combine, but it's better than football, which we did yesterday. So from okay, so I've said this before in the podcast. I'm sorry for people who find this stuff really gruesome, but this is kind of interesting to me and I know it will be too. During the shooting, there's a theory that because everyone goes, why did they kill more people? Like they had the ability to. They were they were walking by people, they were just kind of like shooting into the corners of the room like they were bored, but they got Yeah, they got bored by it. They Eric probably got bored by it and was like, this isn't giving me the thrill of destruction and you know, being the Timothy mcveay kind of like RoboCop I wanted to feel like. And then he also broke his nose on the gun going back, you know, so he was in pain. Yeah, Eric did, And then Dylan was grossed out by it and was like, oh no, this is way worse than I thought. It was like getting sick.
Speaker 2: From oh, and I would imagine they don't.
Speaker 1: And then they all just kind of they just went and were like, what are we gonna do they you know what I always wanted. I know, this is so fucking they're Oh yeah, the hugest They weren't cool. They were not. They were they weren't. They weren't bullied like they were not. That was not the reasoning for it. Like they they actually bullied people ruthlessly. But what happened to like all those library books that like we're.
Speaker 2: There, you know, I try to get some Columbine.
Speaker 1: I tried to get in my possession, but I want to go to a museum, like.
Speaker 2: I tried to get a columnbine, Like sure that said Columbine High School too.
Speaker 1: I go to the Wills by the Columbine when I'm there to check for anything.
Speaker 2: I try to look on eBay for But then they go, I can't wear this. People are wearing it, just like I can't wear my casey And I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: Let me be clear before this gets pulled out of context and makes me seem like I'm like into it, just in the way that you are into watching whatever murder documentary or Law and Order s e. That's fictionalized. It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: But it's actually not the same because it's smarter because if it's fictionalized, you can't learn anything from it. But if it's real, then you can find out why people are doing that, so you can understand human nature.
Speaker 3: I can't understand.
Speaker 1: Please get me confused. I'm not trying to understand it to prevent it. Like it is pure morbid curiosity. But I am not saying I like it and I'm glad it happened and i want it to happen again. I'm just saying I'm interested in morbid stuff. I can't help it. I'm not going to couch this like I want to change the world by learning what they did. That there is something to that about the stuff when I'm interested in pedophiles because I do want to like learn their ways, because I feel like me being.
Speaker 2: More to catch them by pretending to.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just want to be able to suss them out a little bit sooner than anyone around me, and like even better than Like it's a point of pride. I just don't be able to catch someone around my friend's kid to be like I'm getting some bad vibes from that guy, and.
Speaker 3: Be slowly becoming like an advocate for pedophile awareness through your career. That's rowing.
Speaker 1: I will say that I'm not lying when I say that is part of the reason I'm fascinated by that stuff is to prevent it. But my column, my fascination isn't to be like I want to like, there's nothing I can do about those Yeah, I mean I could probably see it coming a little bit like if I had a teenage son who was journaling and hours inside a closed room with his friend and they the one thing in the book that I will say that I'm interested in not so much the journals because they're just the crazy rambling. They're good, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: It's interesting to know what was going on in the mind of somebody.
Speaker 1: You can read all the books, so I kind of like know all. I feel like they've already excerpt the stuff that I wanted to hear about, but what I am excited to read and I haven't yet because I'm literally saving it. Like I used to save books where there were pictures of blue whales, I like what, I would read the whole book, but if there was a picture of a blue whale on a certain page was so I love the blue whales so much because they were the biggest animal ever and they're so mysterious and they're rarely photographed and they're just like so I would just like, like I would goon out for Blue Is where you don't come and you just like masturbate until you come. I would literally goon from Blue Whales. But I'm gooning for that book because in the last chapter is the transcript of the Basement tapes, which I've been seen by like select families that wanted to go that had children that died in it, or Eric and Dylan's parents of course, but like that hasn't been released. No, how do they have a transcript of it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They did let some people in the media see it, and I think the media the media transcript it, but it's not an exact transcription. I don't thing because they just had to watch it and write it down really fast. I'm not even excited about to get that.
Speaker 1: But I do think I'm going to listen out that this book is in my possession.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm the one that my name's gone a.
Speaker 1: Letter inside of it. It was so nice of you, though, think because Taylor goes, did you get my present? And I go, I don't think so? Maybe and she goes, Oh, no, you'll know I did.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to the United ninety three Memorial?
Speaker 1: No, but anytime I'm performing in Pennsylvania, I google where it is to see if I can drive.
Speaker 3: There, because I like you would enjoy that.
Speaker 1: I one hundred percent would. I've read all about like what happened on that lane. I have never seen the movie because I don't want to see it. I just want to read the things. Is anyone else like that where you don't want to see things, you just want to read it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see the garroat or garrot with the hair of John Benet wrapped.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: I want to hear about it, and I don't even really want to hear about it. But or I don't even want to read it. I just but I don't want to see things. So, yeah, I the United ninety three. I would love to go to that spot of the field in Pennsylvania were at all.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know anything about it. I know I have to get ready. Let it roll.
Speaker 3: Let's roll.
Speaker 1: Let's roll means nothing to you? No, okay, So on the flight United ninety three, any gen Z is out there listening. I know you don't know the details of nine to eleven, probably, but the lore is Laura alive though, or is it? Well, this is it's slightly fictional because we don't really know what happened on that plane, but we there is evidence that the people on board that plane took off that was already in the air when the trade center was hit both times, I think at least by the first plane, and so they were getting they were calling down because they were hijacked, headed to the White House probably, and they called their family, and their families were watching the news and told them what was happening. And so they all knew, oh my god, this thing. We are a missile. This is nothing's good to good at home of this. We just need to crash this plane. Uh, and we need to take over. And I don't think their goal was to like land it safely. It was just like they So the guys on the plane, yeah, I'm sure there was someone.
Speaker 3: But reknew how because the pilot wasn't there.
Speaker 1: So he claimed that he was. If he was on a plane in nine to eleven, it would.
Speaker 2: Wow so bold statement.
Speaker 1: But uh, they go and one person over heard on a phone call. It's lore that the guy was like, we're gonna they were boiling hot water to like scald the terrorists and take over what they were doing. And so they were in the back boiling water. They're on the phone like having telling their family and and one guy goes, let's roll and then it was like then they went and done and it crashed in a field in Pennsylvanian. Didn't kill anyone except you know everyone.
Speaker 2: Damn that'd be but we like it.
Speaker 1: And then that became like a you know, catchphrase.
Speaker 3: The catch phrase for the war in I rock in Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: Oh, gollie gee.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's why the museum is very compelling and intreating. Oh yeah, I've been. I go away every a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Wait have you really been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been because I you know, I used to have the Unbelievable podcast and we actually recorded ourselves visiting the memorial because we used to do these like you know, in the field episodes where we would be like we're here the blah blah blah. Literally it would be well, you're not allowed to at least at the time, you weren't allowed to go on the field because it was still an active crime scene, which it was like, you know, fifteen years later, sixteen years later and still an active crime scene because they're still trying to find like little artifacts from the plane explosion in the field. It's like hard to find the psychoarchaeological dig at this point.
Speaker 1: Basic whoa, Okay, that's like when they found bone fragments on they're still putting together. They're still finding survivors of nine to eleven that there's a lot of people that are still missing and they've never found any evidence of their bones, and they're still sifting through the rubble. And like ten years later, they were doing some sort of like renovation job on a building a quarter mile away and on the roof they found bon tons of bone fragments and were able to identify victims. But then no one even thought like, oh, maybe it landed on some fucking crazy So what did you what did you experience there? What's it like?
Speaker 3: Well, it was definitely you know, very it's sad and you know you very thought provoking. But what was most interesting to me and going there were the the people visiting the memorial who it really truly was just like it might as well have been like a Museum of Natural History exhibit where people were just like snapping pictures of everything with like flash and like like there was one woman who would like just go to every single thing and like to take a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Museum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like an indoor part where they have like you can listen to the recordings of the final phone calls, the actual recordings.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that that was probably the most like heart wrenching aspect of the exhibit.
Speaker 2: Why it's too sad, you know.
Speaker 3: It was like there wasn't the same amount of like uh like when we went to the Auschwitz thing and there was like these little things that just kind of like bothered me, like the guards telling you to get out right away, like that stuff we talked about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were all in like a uniform that was like reminiscent of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they really wanted you to feel what it was like, yes, onto a train car. But in the United ninety three exhibit, it was just like there were people who were treating it like they were at Disney World basically, like they in the gift shop, they had like United ninety three like paper.
Speaker 2: Weight they why don't they have a Columbine one so I can get a damn shirt.
Speaker 1: No, Columbine has a great memorial and it's somber as fuck and everyone's really respectful.
Speaker 2: I want to go, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it I have to take you. Yeah, it's so I hate to say good, but it's like it's beautiful. Columbine's on one of the most beautiful properties I've ever experienced in my life. It's like surrounded by mountains and then there's a lake and and there's prairie dogs everywhere, like hundreds of prairie dogs everywhere.
Speaker 2: You know, my dad lived there at the time. What really, Oh my god, I mean Littleton, isn't that what? Yeah? Extra there, Yeah, no, that's where it is a town, right, yeah? Yeah, whoa isn't that crazy? Also near John Beney. He haven't maybe was participating.
Speaker 3: What's he doing? He's always living press.
Speaker 2: He's still looking up John Benet and college. I just gave him a book about Colorado.
Speaker 1: Taylor is about to start a YouTube channel where she discusses true crime on it, so I want to hear everyone for that. It is coming soon as soon as she gets her computer and her car fixed. We'll be back up to that my car. I feel like your cars are part of it. So I went to Starbucks this morning, and I want to just say that there is a new initiative that I heard about on the Starbucks subreddit that it just came across my feed that they now require partners who that's what they call baristas as partners.
Speaker 2: That's creepy.
Speaker 1: There all partners in this venture.
Speaker 3: Own some of the Starbucks industry.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, I guess that's it. Your shareholders part owners co op partly totally. And they now are as of yesterday, I know, as of today, I believe, is it the twenty seventh yes, well, okay, so I think maybe yesterday is when they started implementing it. I did see a very a very animated meeting going on about like the new policy, and I kind of overheard some stuff, but it seemed like upbeat and like, oh, people have some like new energy and enthusiasm around coffee. It was not. So it was very dissimilar to the meeting I witnessed about when they integrated olive oil into coffee last year. Starbucks did this two years ago. Starbucks at a push where.
Speaker 3: They were like, that's discussed.
Speaker 1: I guess the owner of Starbucks, who as not the CEO anymore, went to Italy and was like, they put olive oil in their coffee.
Speaker 2: I'll do it, I will do it.
Speaker 1: It's all there. You could you could buy olive oil at Starbucks for a while. And this was probably just started like being phased out a couple months ago. But there's an Oliotto I think is the Oliotto is the one with the that's it. And it was, Oh my god. They were all what I was witness because I'm a hangout a Starbucks and was writing a lot during this time because it was ready for my special and people that were learning about the olive oil and they training girl training partners, like the enthusiasm was low, the morale was down, but now everyone's jazzed again. So then I find out what's happening on the subreddit. They are now required to write a message on your cup.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw a commercial about that.
Speaker 1: They are really getting back to the space of like will you look up Noah that they didn't Starbucks initiatives that just started happening yesterday. It's not only writing on cups, it's to cut down on people loitering. I think inside the Starbucks and to make it more of a place where you can go and hang out and meet your friends. And it's like getting back to the cafe experience that they got away from during.
Speaker 3: The good what's the difference between that and loitering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think loitering is when you sleep and you stand around and they are clearly homeless. Yeah, it's trying to get rid of homeless people.
Speaker 3: I think w it is making to remove homeless people and replace them with college.
Speaker 1: They're not going to say that, yes, but I want it back to that too, because I want actually, I want homeless people to have the place to go obviously, and I like the Starbucks when they're just sitting there sleeping, I don't fucking mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other day I was there and the homeless name was sleeping and a girl was having a meeting with her superior, like her boss, who was like stopping by to check in on stores, and she was meeting with him, and she there was she saw the homeless man and she had to like do the thing where you kind of like creep around them to see if they're sleeping, and she's like, sir, are you sleeping? Because if we don't allow sleeping. So it's like, just let him sleep, there's no difference even with his eyes of what or not. I wanted to get him some like glass at like some better sunglasses so you can always protest open eyes eyes on him. Yeah, I was like, how do I help this man be able to sleep? Because God, it would suck to be homeless and never find a place to just fucking rest your line.
Speaker 3: I know the way they handle that the New York Public Library system, and I got to imagine most public library systems. Yeah, no, because I used to go during my lunch breaks and uh and when I worked in an office in New York City, I would go to the New York Public Library and Brian Park and I would sleep in the at a table and they would not allow it. They would just the librarians would go around with like a metal ruler and they would smack the table.
Speaker 1: That's so disturbing.
Speaker 3: Even if they saw you kind of like dozing off, they would smack the table.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Don't studying your tech. You'd read over and over again, Echo, halls of the library.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it here. That's what makes you snap. No, that's there's nothing. I still think about. I think the worst torture I've ever felt, because I'm a very lucky person, the worst mental torture I've ever felt in my life, well, it's not the worst. Is the second worst. I'll save the worst for later is being in class in high school and college, but mainly high school because it's less populous and you're in small all our classes and you can't stay awake and your head is boppin' and you're trying to keep it up and you're embarrassing to be and you know that if you do fall asleep, you are going to be really embarrassed when the teacher either calls you out or you're you do the head bopping thing like you're doing the Yeah, you're bopping along to some music that no one else listening to. So it's that is that to me is like the worst torture of my life. And I hate when I see people head bopping. Chris does it on planes and I'm always like holding his forehead against It's like, I can't stand bopping heads. It makes me so larm because like dreaming that they're falling and going, oh, like it's the worst feeling. I'm trying to prevent it, or.
Speaker 3: The teacher is like, would anyone here like to share their opinion on the automn Empire? And then you head bop and it's like no.
Speaker 1: I would always beg I'm to listen up. Teachers right now, if you have students falling asleep in class, it's not don't take it personally. You don't know what's going on for them at home. Don't be a bitch about it. And we're a dick, whichever one you want to be, but don't be either of them. Here is what you do. Get the students to stand up and do five jumping jacks. That's I would always want a teacher to like do something that would require me to like think or talk or get up, Like just get them to stand up and stretch and get them to sit down, like do something, and don't single them out. Just make it the thing for the whole class. It really is only about that, like they need to Like when you're just sitting there still listening to a monotone voice, yeah, talking about something you're not interested in and being forced to even be there, of course you're gonna fall asleep. I hate when teachers would get like personally offended that you were falling asleep.
Speaker 3: Also, kids and teenagers need more sleep.
Speaker 1: For adul Do you ever catch students falling asleep in your class?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's obvious that they like came in tired. Yeah, I'm not gonna I wouldn't ever do anything about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just like maybe just because I think that sometimes I would want to learn and I would want to wake up, but I couldn't because the setting wasn't allowing me to. So if you even just go like, I'm tired today, let's all get up and.
Speaker 2: Like forty five people do jumping jacks.
Speaker 1: Not jumping, but let me just like get up and shake it up to just.
Speaker 2: Shake seventh inning stretch. Yeah it's only fifty minute class.
Speaker 1: But still and it's just a totally wasted class when you sleep through it. And sometimes I would be like, I want to be awake for this, and I just couldn't because I was in a position where there's nothing else to do but fall asleep. Okay, what did you find?
Speaker 4: Noah, Okay, here's what I got. So they want to enhance the in store experience. One of the initiatives is writing on cups. The other one is the return of the condiment bar.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's back. I saw that to like ketchup no sugars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need that cream that yeah cream.
Speaker 1: It never came back after COVID.
Speaker 3: Now they're bringing it back, and that was fun. You get to put it is different.
Speaker 1: Nope, you don't get to do that. There's no flavors. It is milks and it's no no plant milks. I'm guessing it is sugars and that is it and it is not. It used to be a vanilla powder, cinnamon powder, and a mica powder. Yeah, those are not back. Those were fun and they're not back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Why that's the cheap that's much cheaper than milk.
Speaker 1: I think they it's probably just and also like disgusting, like mess because it's like sugary and going everywhere. Yeah, I don't know, it's so that's back. Anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, More ceramic mugs available for purchase.
Speaker 1: Asked you if you wanted a mug tailor Yeah, and they want people to stay and hang out.
Speaker 2: There just being weird with you.
Speaker 3: But you can bring it into the Starbucks for refills.
Speaker 1: I wonder because he I was like, do you want it in a mug?
Speaker 3: Or to go.
Speaker 2: I think, like, what are you talking? I want you to cool, I want to stay okay. And the one with the fire they.
Speaker 3: Are removing fireplaces.
Speaker 4: They are removing the up charge on non dairy milks right right.
Speaker 1: That went into work. I could not believe how fast that happened, Like they announced it and it wasn't one of these rollouts where it was like by twenty twenty eight and move plant Like every kind of environmental change thing, Yes, it takes fucking five years and by the time it's happening, it's like really late to the game anyway, and everyone else.
Speaker 3: By the time we by the time we even get close to the deadline, they have another administration just change it.
Speaker 1: But they made this happen. I'm not kidding you. They stopped charging me for plant milk the day it was announced. It was right away, and it was so impressive. I couldn't believe it. I had whiplash from it. I because I assumed it would take at least months and months, but it was right away. Peter really fought for that. PETA does make a difference. They they were huge about like advocating for that, and it's just important because you shouldn't be penalized for not wanting to eat animals, and that's what they were doing, and it's great. And now my drink that I get is seven seventy four, and it used to be I was getting into the nines and tens and airports and it just does not ever pass eight.
Speaker 2: Now, why is it seven seventy four?
Speaker 1: It doesn't been double pumps of sugar fee vanilla, I'm getting it. You gotta pay for the pumps, maybe seventy five cents of pump. It's so dumb, but I don't pump.
Speaker 4: Another initiative is they set a goal of a four minute waytime in the cafes.
Speaker 1: That's really short, but that's still not ordering in line. Are you doing the mobile app? I don't know what you're doing. When people are in line at the airport and it is truly down the terminal, probably like six gates, and it's that is embarrassing to wait in that line. You have enough time to go buy a phone, download the app that new far like me just okay, well, then you have a right to be in that line, because you don't. It's only people if you have an ability to get the Starbucks app. What are you. I don't understand what you're doing not getting it. If you would, if you're willing to sacrifice twenty five minutes waiting in line, why would you just not buy the app? Like? What is you? Because you're like, no, I will not give them my information. Well you're giving them twenty five minutes of your time just standing in.
Speaker 2: Line app because money? No said.
Speaker 1: People just don't want to do it because they're like, I don't want to just give into the court.
Speaker 3: Well they also don't want to have the app on their phone. Every single store have an app, like some people don't go to Starbucks. Stop enough. I don't give a shit. I'm not saying I give you.
Speaker 2: Who cares if you.
Speaker 1: Have apps on your phone? Just like everyone's stop being so organized. Just literally your phone with garbage. It doesn't matter, you'll find it. Stop having to have everything. Have a reason in a place.
Speaker 3: You can sew.
Speaker 2: I love reasons.
Speaker 1: I know you do. I'm actually like having stressing. Took a picture of my countertop in my bathroom that I've been living with for now three weeks, because I usually have you or a housekeeper come in and clean at some point, but three weeks I've been left to my own devices, and it's fucking insane in my bathroom. It's I tidied by the way because you were coming.
Speaker 2: But you can have like like ten of everything. Yeah, you've got to pick one thing and use it till it's gone and then and then you mean.
Speaker 1: Like one lip gloss, you don't have like eighteen colors in the lip gloss. Well, you would not think that if you go to the store and you say that, like you need different kinds of lip gloss, and I'm getting sent lip gloss.
Speaker 2: I know, you get sent so much stuff.
Speaker 1: So much lip gloss, which I love and I use once every three weeks. But I yeah, I get sent a lot of stuff, and I'm grateful for all of that.
Speaker 2: But but it's always it's always been that way since you were a kid. You would have like six loss. I go, you need a dispenser where it pops at the bottom and then you put it back in the top.
Speaker 1: That's a really good idea of like each thing. Well, last night I was like to ketch because I'm kind of in like a spiral of like what's wrong with you? Like literally, no one in your life has a bathroom that looks like this. You can't think of one person in your life who struggles with messiness like this. No one. I couldn't think of a single person that would have a bathroom that is literally Let me just paint a picture for you, because I would never reveal the picture I took, except maybe the girl's chat when I'm like in a really funky mood. But I use a picture. I straightened that bitch, and you're used to it because you are already involved in my mess I every single poet piece of the countertop is covered by something and everything from a dog poop bag that doesn't have poop in it. Don't think that to an old vaight pen. I don't use to four different kinds of hair clips, to a uh spray tand remover mit, to different brushes like jewelry. It's every single and then there's I have his and her sinks. One of the sinks is just filled with stuff in it because Chris doesn't he has his own bathroom. It's just a basin for me to collect old, just things.
Speaker 3: What about drawers. Don't you have drawers?
Speaker 1: They're stuffed, they're filled to the brim. Oh we got to and I hate purging this stuff because it's still have full and there's product in there that someone would be like, oh my god, that's an you got that. This is forty dollars. You're gonna throw twenty dollars worth of product and I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Just give it to me and I'll give it to my sister. You give it to your sister. We'll just leave it out by the library or the Starbucks for anybody who wants it. All right, I take away.
Speaker 1: No, it's all open, yes.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: I just still't need any more fucking hyaluronic acids. Please, no one send me anymore with pep tides. I can't. I have one skin thing that I use now. I don't want anymore. It's just too much. It's overwhelming.
Speaker 3: This is what all the companies are doing now. There's no point having ads or hiring someone to be in an ad. You must just send all your products to influencers and hopefully they shout you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I get sent a lot of stuff, and then I get follow ups of like, hey, did you get that purse we sent you? And I'm like I did, I haven't had anywhere to go to wear it. Every time I photograph myself looking nice. Someone else is dressing me and I can't incorporate my own stuff. Yeah, that's a problem. I need to get a long me that's clean so I can do like this is the outfit.
Speaker 2: Of the day, oh OTD.
Speaker 1: But I need like a clean mirror.
Speaker 2: That mirror out there is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: They're sending you stuff on you're not asking for it. And then they follow up and they say the way we.
Speaker 1: Ask for it because they say, do you want to look, We'd love to send you one of our purses, And I go, you love this purse, because who's gonna turn down a three hundred dollars purse? But then I get it and I go, this doesn't go with anything that I would ever wear ever, right, And then I just wait and wait and they go, when are you gonna post about it? Shout out to this hostage tape tape mouth tape that said so much mouth tape. I swear to god. They sent it to me like October fifth, and then October seventh happened two years ago, and it's called hostage tape. And I was like, I'm not about to be like check out hostage tape. They literally wrote to me and go, hey, you want to post about it? And I go, I can't, And I'm really sorry that you're going through this time like that You're brand is going through like picked the wrong name. But also if you pick the name hostage, you got to assume that there's going to be a hostage situation at some point that is going to like fuck with your marketing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And they didn't know where they go. We're not struggling at all. And I was like, well, then you don't need me. But I'm not posting about I'm not taping my face and putting a picture in my face with the wage on October ninth, Sorry, twenty twenty three, not doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do learn gods a tears suffer their makeup company.
Speaker 1: No name, No, they were yeah, I uh, look at me complaining about it. I have too many things. But yeah, that's a thing going on in my life. Last night, Oh last night, I want to tell everyone. There is a new documentary called The Fall of Diddy. Oh X, that's what I was like, I like, saved the date I never saved the date for and watched I watched the first episode that's out. It's fine. Let me just say it's like.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get better a lot of juicy nuggets.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot that I don't already. There's a big I think that I didn't already know, like a really big thing that's like a part of who he was coming up, Like you would never even try to guess. I'm trying to no, no, no, it's like, well, i'll just tell you spoiler alert the rest of it.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: It's not a too big of it. It's not like leading to this. It's just part of the documentary. But I did not know, and I thought I knew everything about the Diddy stuff, like not everything, but the big things did. He first was a promoter on the scene right right out of college. He did two years at Howard University, and then he started working with a label, and then he started his own label. But before that he was promoting somewhere in Like before he started his own label, he was promoting this crazy huge hip hop night I think in Harlem that was going to be like a showcase and it was literally at a gymnasium and he was selling so many tickets for it and like killing it promoting because that's what he was great at and he sold like over sold tickets. They were selling tickets at the door when it was already sold out, like they were just doing I would say, in ethical things. And it's already sold selling tickets at the door, and they couldn't fit any more people in the gym, and so they closed these gym doors. And there was a fucking crowd crush in nineteen ninety, I believe in Harlem at this gymnasium. I thought I knew about all crowd crushes. I honestly like.
Speaker 2: You were in to search the crowd crushes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom was at the Who concert the nineteen seventy seven I think WHO concert where a bunch of people in Cincinnati got crowd crushed. So I've always like it's been a part of the lore of my life hearing my mom and it's crazy. You literally like, I don't even talk about what happens to your body when you're a croud crushed, but it's horrible. It's the worst way to die, imaginable. But guess how many fucking eight, no nine people died at this crowd crush that Diddy was the promoter for. And the first time you ever see Diddy in the Spotlight is him at a press conference as one of the promoters of and responsible for the event, saying, you know, we we we want to make sure this never happens again. So that really And then there were a lot of people in the documentary that were like, Diddy got my sister a ticket and she died there. And then Diddy like did, I don't I was kind of half watching it because that's the way we watch things. So apparently did He didn't do what he needed to do to make that situation right and didn't take any responsibility for it.
Speaker 3: Of course he shouldn't have been allowed to promote another show ever again after that. You kill nine people, you should you shouldn't be alive.
Speaker 1: I can't believe aout this. I know about pop culture things I did not know. P Diddy was one of the people that oversold an event that led to a crowd crush because well, it was really because the doors got shut and someone didn't open them, and then when they saw people, people were like, they're shutting the doors. We want to get inside, and just yeah, and so nine people died in nineteen ninety and Diddy was I couldn't believe it. There's sometimes it was probably just in the local newspaper. No, no, no, yeah, but nine people dying I can't belive in New York City ensued killed. I would think, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's pre internet, so it doesn't percolate the same way that it would now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, I guess, you know, not to bring.
Speaker 3: This into it, but it was probably a racial element where it was underreported because it was nine black people most likely, and it was the nineties, it still wasn't you know.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're absolutely right though, like it's like, oh, that just what happens.
Speaker 3: Up there and there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just couldn't believe it. There was another one. I'm sorry to talk about tragedies on this podcast, but do you know about like the Kansas City like mall Cola.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't think about that. It's horrible.
Speaker 1: I had no idea about that one.
Speaker 2: That one told you recently.
Speaker 1: Just look into it. I'm not going to get into it.
Speaker 3: But the Indiana Hockey Arena explosions.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't stop it.
Speaker 5: Really, that's the that's not I'm serious, really, Brian joke. Yeah, you hear about you know, the the Kansas City wake factory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what happened that the Indiana It.
Speaker 3: Was all the dies from the clown wigs that set on fire easily and killed a No, so there were This was the the largest disaster of in terms of depth toll in Indiana history. Sports history maybe. But there was a hockey arena. There was a hockey game happening. I don't know what. I don't believe there was ever an Indiana professional NHL hockey team, but there was a hockey game going on. It was a sold out arena or something, and there were these gas tanks underneath the arena that you know, we're used for like heating and stuff, and one of them sparked and exploded. Like people are just people are just watching the game, and then all of a sudden, through the ice, like an explosion happens too and knocks, and then people start, you know, people get blown out onto the ice and stuff, and then people are panicking and running and trying to escape and then another tank explode.
Speaker 1: Oh hell, people died.
Speaker 3: Something like in the eighties. I don't exactly what. No, Yeah, like eighty people died.
Speaker 1: That's so many.
Speaker 2: I've never heard. Yeah, whoa and.
Speaker 3: Hundreds, hundreds were hurt. Hundreds had like their limbs blown off.
Speaker 1: And this is like the seventies or eighties.
Speaker 3: No way, yeah, let me look it up second at.
Speaker 1: The years we shit, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not going to anything ever again.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding you when I go to events. I like when I went to my first Taylor Swift concert in I think it.
Speaker 2: Was I would never that's too many people in there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love big. I mean I'm going to super Bowl. I can't wait. If I want to. I would love to die with a big group of people. Like it's you can't be scared of things like that. And I always just think of, like how many big arena events are happening all the time. This is it's not.
Speaker 2: Always don't even want to go to a sporting game, so it makes it easier.
Speaker 1: It's so fun. We got a sporting game. But I do sometimes like I smoked a little weed before I went into the first Taylor show I went to, And I think I've talked about this already. All I could think about was a plane crashing into and like I could.
Speaker 2: The doors get locked and you get crunched and scrunched.
Speaker 1: No, I just like and That's why I was like, I will never smoke weed before a big event anymore, or like where I'm with a lot of people, because I just think about catastrophe, and so I'm always and I'm thinking of it like an explosion where it's like there's no warning at least the plane. You'd be like, that's getting close. My god, that's really close. You have like some kind of like it's it's sudden, but like an explode. I always think about that, like how it's just like so instantaneous, and then I'm like.
Speaker 2: Orright, not, I think that everything, oh God, like even a car like this just had people just crash. I do I know? Why why are we talking about it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You can't. You don't need to think about it because actually you want something to happen that way because it will be so fast and then you won't even know true.
Speaker 3: I have more information about this Indiana thing. Okay, so it happened. It was the Indiana State Fairgrounds Coliseum. It was in nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why we don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'll tell I think I have a theory as to why we don't actually know, and it's because it took place on October thirty first, nineteen sixty three Halloween, but notably twenty two days before Jack Kay was shot. Yeah, so exactly buried.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, that makes sense. That's like Zoolander came out the Friday before September eleventh. I thinking it good.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why I was now good. That's why that movie sucked.
Speaker 3: Retroactively affected by writing.
Speaker 1: We don't realize how many things we don't know about because they happen next to something that's bigger that steals it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's sort of like the Golden Globes.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, two days of of uh, two days before flame. But at least I had it and I tasted it and it was sweet and nowadays burnt so uh no, yeah, Actually I have an exciting thing to talk about. So I I I'm nominated for a Grammy. I feel like this weekend. It's this weekend. They're handing out my Grammy on Sunday in the afternoon, and I'm flying back. I have a show in Atlantic City on Saturday, and I can't get back to LA in time for the ceremony. I mean, I could but I would arrive looking like hell, and you have to do hair and makeup. If I was a man, I could be at my ceremony. But I can't because I can't show up disgusting looking so missing the earlier ceremony where they hand out the Gwammys instead of the Grammys, And.
Speaker 3: Because they hand out the Comedy Award in this pre ceremony, you can't go.
Speaker 1: I can't go, But that's okay. If I win, I win. It sucks that I won't be able to give a speech or whatever, but the really important thing is that I get to go to the Grammys, And because I begged.
Speaker 3: Isn't it crazy that the Golden Globes it happened and is in the past and you did it. Yeah, yeah, that's like wild. But that's not just a thing that no one can take that away. It happened, it's done. It's in the past. You can't go back in time and remove that from the timeline.
Speaker 1: People probably have the same feeling about their weddings or any big event that just seems like it's so far off it's never gonna happen, and then it happens and you're like, oh, it's it was always in the foreground for me, and now it's behind me, like I'm not even used to seeing it back there, Like I can't really conceptualize where it is in my life now because it's over. But yes, that does boggle my mind sometimes. Final thought. So, I was just excited because the no when you look up who's performing at the Grammys, because the list is like fucking great. And also Taylor Swift is nominated for Best Album, Best Song, Best you know everything, So I'm so excited about Yeah, I mean, well, but I am a huge fan of the nominees this year and the people performing. So the reason you want to go to the Grammy is better than any other war Joe, is because there's performances. You get to watch all the best, hooddest people in the business sing at you in the room like you're at a really intimate setting. When these people are usually arena acts that you'll never see that close up in the small of a room, you get to see and they're trying harder than they've ever tried in their fucking lives for when they come, you know they're not performing the same way they perform on stage in Saint Louis. I'll tell you that they are giving it their fun. Fucking all. This is, you know, a global stage, so it's just the best ticket in town. So I get a ticket, I get asked to go, and they say you can go, and I go, Can I get good seats though? And they go, eh, You'll be somewhere in the mix. And I'm like, all right, well that's fine as long as I go. I want to be on camera. I'd like to, you know, at least have some evidence that I'm there. I know I'm sounding like greedy and like entitled. Please don't come at me for this. It's just I yes, I want to be on camera. I'm a person that likes being on camera. So anyway, can you say he was performing? Noah, Yeah, so you have Sabrina Carpenter. Oh my god, Oh my god, doji, Oh my god. I'm so excited about what's gonna happen. I'm so excited for Sunday. I'll be like deliriously tired from doing the road all weekend, but I'm just gonna dance my face off. I'm gonna do a Taylor swift where like you just dance the whole time and you just enjoy being at the show without blocking people behind you. I'm gonna be mindful, but I'm just gonna have the best time. Chapel Roone, who else? Benson Boone, who else? Billie Eilish, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, and Charlie x c X.
Speaker 1: I'm I mean, these are all performances I would pay to go see otherwise. Do you did you recognize half of those names?
Speaker 2: Not a single one?
Speaker 1: A carpenter?
Speaker 2: No, I've heard of Charlie x c X, but I don't know what it is. Bratt what Bratt?
Speaker 3: Brats?
Speaker 2: Is that another person?
Speaker 3: We're having a big concert benefit for the fires in lat into a dome, and I believe the what's the other one? Where the where? Where is the roast held?
Speaker 1: Kia for?
Speaker 3: I think at the forum and at the end of it dome. There's a huge concert that has like every celebrity that's ever existed, I think is going to be performing at this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get a ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope to present at one of those. No, I've I'm so excited for the Grammys. It's the best ticket in town.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 1: I gotta be nominated for Grammy every year. I got to get in that building.
Speaker 3: What's interesting about this Grammy nomination for Best Comedy Album is that the two people so you were nominated for a Gold Globe and Emmy, a Grammy, a w GA Award and.
Speaker 1: Choice Award, and a Critics Choice What.
Speaker 3: So, what's interesting about this Grammy nomination is that the two people who defeated you in each of the previous two award shows are not nominated for the Grammy ones. So you're not facing off against.
Speaker 1: Ali Wang or.
Speaker 3: Or even Jamie Fox is not nominated.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, the Grammy again.
Speaker 3: The Grammy is the Prisoner, Jim Gaffigan, Trevor Noah, Where was I? Which is also Jim Gaffigan, I don't know why, he Armageddon, Ricky Gervais, Nicki Glazers, and Dy'll Die? And then I think probably the front runner Dave Chappelle The Dreamer, because Dave Chappelle I think always wins this.
Speaker 1: Award, right right, Yeah, I just I'm happy to be Jimmy nominated, which is really cool, just being able to say that your nominee is I mean, it would be the coolest one to win. What did my dad say? That must he was really excited. I think that was yeah. I think I think he texted I think I texted them and I think he was just you know, they were so fucking pumped, and yeah, that's that would be the I definitely like, let my voice teacher know right away, because you know, just like anyone musical in my life, I'm like Grammy and they're like, what you know. I know there was a lot of that, but uh yeah, on my way to a little Egot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dave Chappelle won the last two Comedy Album Awards in a row twenty four so interesting, like exactly this is that him going for the three pete You're the eagles here, you're trying to eagles. Yeah, and then it was although you know, the one year that the only two years in the twenty twenty is that Dave Chappelle was not nominated were the ones that he didn't win. So he won. Every year he was nominated, he's won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not looking good.
Speaker 3: He's won maybe three, four or five. He's won five of the last seven years.
Speaker 1: That's my deerficly. So he's amazing. I did we didn't talk about his s now Brian thoughts.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I thought it was great. I mean it's just when you when you watch Dave Chappelle. Now it's beyond comedy. It's it's more like a sermon, and you're watching someone who did you just want to hear their opinion and you want to Yes, it's almost like he's the president. Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought the ending was so good. Palisades Palestine, like that was just sitting there for everyone, And I didn't see that anyone come up with those two that thing at all. Yeah, I thought it was really fun and I thought he was just so it's just you know, I always say about him. I remember watching him one time at the Comedy Cellar and he was on stage and I was like, that man is more comfortable up there right now than I am in bed. Like it really looked that way. I was like, that is the key. That guy cannot be thrown because there was a couple of times he didn't get the laughs he won to, or the mic wasn't on the way you wanted, Like, there were a couple of things that could have thrown his performance or made anyone else feel nervous or feel like, you know, once you don't get a laugh you want in the beginning that you're expected to get, that can like derail the rest of the set very easily, just with the audience, because the audience loses faith in you, but he just gets you back right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just.
Speaker 1: There's no one better to be in leading the charge up there, like Jave Chabell walks on stage and you know everything's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Well that's wrong. He's earned the right to have those moments because the audience trusts that he's going somewhere. Whereas if you're just like some open micer and you start flailing, then people start to turn on you.
Speaker 1: But even like an open micer who doesn't let that stuff bother them, the audience would project Bob like there's something. It's like he Chappelle is just can be I don't. I don't. It almost transcends like what he's doing. It's like he's just has this aura about him that puts everyone in heat. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He also I don't know if he like thought about this move or if this just comes naturally to him, But like this the little things like he was sitting down for most of the monologue on the stool, and then when he started telling the story about Jimmy Carter, he stood up almost to like show respect to Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 1: He's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When he did the Mark Twain Prize for Kevin Hart, it was like baffling to me that he didn't have a script in the UH prompter. And Chris still to this day, who produced it, doesn't know if he had like really memorized what he said or if it was like off the dome. And my thought is, I told Chris, I think if I could guess, I think he definitely thought about what he was going to say and it wasn't just off the dome. I don't think he works that way. I mean he does sometimes, but not on something like of this kind of import Yeah. I think he thought about it and probably rehearsed in his head a couple times and maybe wrote some notes and then just was trust himself at this point to do it. But what do you think do you think he could have just like out of his head. We've wove together a presentation about Kevin Hart that like had a beginning, middle and end and had a through line and like a message and all that stuff. Do you think he just can do that freestyle?
Speaker 3: No, I think it's possible. I think without a doubt he was like thinking about what he was going to say, like, I don't think there was no thought put into it, and he was just like pulled off the street, like can you say a few words? And then he just pulled that out of nowhere. He probably was like walking around being like what can I say about Kevin? And the reason why I know that it's possible to do that is because there was this guy at the improv theater I used to perform at in New York called the Magnet Theater. There is this show called Kiss Punch Poem, and I don't remember this guy's name, but it was a full improv show and then at the end of the show, a man would go up and he would improvise a full poem based on the improv show he just saw. And every week I would go see this guy and the poem was every single time more amazing than any poem I could ever even imagine writing. And it incorporated all of these things from the improv show that had just happened, so we know it wasn't like pre written, and I was in awe of watching this guy do this. So he could do it. I believe that it's possible that Dave Chappelle could also do it like weave all these things together, Yeah, and just kind of spin a yarn that ends at a poignant moment.
Speaker 1: To was that guy old?
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't. He was like the late twenties or early thirties.
Speaker 1: But I will say the book that I'm reading, the Anatomy of a Breakthrough, I just got to the park yesterday, about Andre Agassy and Lionel Messi, and it talks about how they are the best of their game because they slow down in the beginning. So Lionel Messi has never scored a goal in the first two minutes of a game in his entire life. And there's been a there was one story about like where a channel played every Lionel Messy goal that's like, you know, two seconds long, just goal after goal. They played them all back to back and it lasted like over a weekend, like forty eight hours of just goal goal and not one of those was ever scored in the first two minutes of the game, which he is in. And so the first two minutes of the game he barely runs around. He's just scoping out what he's going to do and planning for it. And it's not about they'd say like, you know, I watched you know, that Quarterback Show and Mahomes and Kirk Cousins, all these guys are watching tape of the players and there's you know, and Andrea Augussi even said like, yeah, he can study someone's tennis game that he's about to play. Or Lionel Messi said he can study, you know, these soccer players and watch tape all day, but the athletes that he's playing, the way they show up that day is going to be different than anything that he could have prepared for, and so he wants to know what they're they're like that day and no one else does that, and so it's about it's there's a lesson in slowing down in the beginning to get your bearings. And Lionel Messi also is Lionel messing in his pants and like he's on the toilet for like forty minutes before every game because he's so nervous, just shitting his brains out. And the coaches used to make funny. There would be other like, you know, early on in his career, people would make fun of him and say, like this guy is not going to be anything because he's just shitting himself. He is like, you know, chronic diarrhea beforehand because he's so nervous. That's the thing that happens to your body when you get nervous. I know a lot of comments that happened that shipped a lot before they go on stage.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, there's evolutionary reasoning for it, because you needs to lighten your load a predator.
Speaker 1: Or you're spraying like a skunk.
Speaker 4: What And seventy percent of serotonin is made in the gut.
Speaker 1: That's why, oh so, so what you're getting rid of stocks to get more serotonin or you're getting like it creates anxiety, So like anxiety is like mainly built in the gut. That makes I mean, it makes total sense. But he so they's he Part of this was that they said, how is he able to play so well when he is a nervous wreck because there are so many performers that like throw up before they go on stage, they have stage trade every single time, and then they go out and they kill it. Like isn't aren't nerves associated with like doing poorly? And also talked about the guy that is the free solo guy. This is a very I'll get into it later, but really fascinating research on this. But the reason Lionel Messi is able to throw up and shit himself a ton before the game is because he takes those two minutes of the game to ease himself into it, and he doesn't just start playing. He's just walk Like if I'm shitting my brains out before I go on stage, I'm so nervous, I shouldn't go out. What I'm learning from this is I shouldn't go out and be like right into my act like whoa like just hop on and start performing and running around like crazy and trying to score goals because I'm still nervous. I just stepped off from where I was shitting before, ease into it, So go out on stage. I'm super nervous for a performance, which doesn't really happen then often. But if I find myself next time having a lot of anxiety beforehand, like slow down in the beginning and amp up to it, and you'll be able to harness an energy that you can then be your best.
Speaker 3: Be asked and speaking to like Noah's biological or chemical reasoning. I feel like if you're you know, shitt in your pants before and you're producing all this serotonin, which serotonin is a motivating agent, and then maybe it just takes some time, a few minutes for whatever chemically happened in your you know, your shit explosion to go through your veins and then make you feel the calm and the focus that those chemicals were producing. Oh yeah, and then you get there and then you're ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it is, it's it's wild. I'm learning a lot from this book. It's called The Anatomy of Breakthrough, and I am going to finish it and I'm going to keep dropping little tidbits that I don't really know all the details of.
Speaker 4: I just downloaded the audio books so maybe I can help with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah. It was so good at taking notes and actually like paying attention and knowing exactly the data that they give. And I'm just like, I think, like it's because you like, was like not scared anymore, because I just like, yeah, it's compelling. I'm excited. So yeah, check out that book and yeah, and start plowing through it. Noah, so we can catch up to each other. I'll slow down on it. I'll get back into the let them theory, which I just found out is plagiarized.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, most things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna still keep going. It's like, I don't care where she got it from. I know that's wrong. She already got my money. I'm not giving her any more of it.
Speaker 2: But it's I think you're not gonna be caught when you do.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I do believe that the author of the let Them theory. I'm not going to get into her name or whatever. I do think that she may have like found the let them through. She found it through her daughter, who was like, Mom, just let them. She like said it, and she had this light bulb moment. So I think that maybe her daughter might have copied it, like gotten it from this poem that went viral in twenty twenty three, which everyone's saying. And then her daughter said the let didn't know that she had even gotten it from that. You know what, You can see things on leg you don't even know where it happens. And she goes, Mom, let them, and her mom goes, that's brilliant. And then but then she also wrote the book with her daughter, which she claims several times in the book, but her daughter's name is not on the book, which is so strange. Called out for a couple of things, and I don't know how to.
Speaker 3: Feel about you a psychologist or something.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: So what she heard her daughter them, She heard her daughters say, let them one time, and then now gave her the authority to write an entire book.
Speaker 1: She has glasses, and she has an ability to talk okay, where she pauses a lot after everything she says, which gives what she's saying. Do you understand more weight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're on Carmichael or.
Speaker 1: I guess all right, we gotta go. Thank you for listening to the show this week. I'll be back from tour next week. I'll tell you about the Grammys and fingers crossed I win. If I don't, everything will be fine. I'll be okay. I love you guys. Thanks for listening to pod. Thank you for being here, Taylor. Let's go post some stuff from my bath room. Bye Brian, by Noah, don't be