Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Hour two of Kentucky Sports Radio, present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Now here's Matt Jones welcome back.
Speaker 5: I remember two Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: If I'm nine two eight oh, twenty two eighty seven, ask anything Wednesday, get on in and get your questions.
Speaker 5: We had one right for the break that we will do.
Speaker 6: Hey, if you're if you're in the Lexington area this week or weekend for graduation or even just around, come to ks Bar and see us. You know, when season ends, things slow down a little bit, so we always uh need your support.
Speaker 5: So come on by.
Speaker 6: Today's Wingsday Dollar Wings. They got trivia tonight. We have our trivia folks coming in. So if you're in town for the h for graduation, which is I know is coming, come on by and come by anyway.
Speaker 5: We'd love to see you.
Speaker 6: Don't forget that we're out here even when Kentucky games are are are not going on?
Speaker 5: What person rites Matt?
Speaker 6: With all this going on, don't you think the Vatican has to at least give a call to Billy Donovan to see if he's interested.
Speaker 5: We thought that.
Speaker 6: I think you all both undersold that. I thought that was a really good line. Shannon, you didn't get a.
Speaker 4: Chuck out of you.
Speaker 5: You didn't like that line.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I get the joke.
Speaker 6: I thought it was great. Whoever eight five, nine, three two one, that's a good joke. I don't care that they didn't give you a good lie like.
Speaker 5: I wanted. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I was laughing.
Speaker 6: I want Ryan to laugh as much as he does when Shannon just says give me Peter.
Speaker 5: Like that fakes.
Speaker 6: Ryan laughed so much harder than a well crafted joke about Billy Donnovan.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you during the break he said that line three more times off the air exactly.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm dealing with a child like that's what he giggles at the entire the entire time. It was not, by the way, Mark Grayce that got the game winning hit. It was Luis Gonzales. So he gave us a fact, Shandon was not a correct.
Speaker 4: Fact, right.
Speaker 2: He said it with confidence, though, so I believed him that confidence.
Speaker 5: He did say with confidence, And because he said it with confidence.
Speaker 2: I'm in Boston.
Speaker 5: You you completely believed it? What person rights? Matt?
Speaker 6: Do we have any update on the lottery winner from Georgetown?
Speaker 5: I haven't seen any.
Speaker 6: Drew, have you seen an update as he's even out of the the Pokey in Florida?
Speaker 7: Uh No, I mean, there's the fake story going around that. Uh we we debunked yesterday or the day before about him blowing his money already, but I haven't seen an update about it. If he's if he's free, or what's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's ah, that's a that's a good question. We'll see if anybody has an update. I did get an update on the park meeting last night. There were hundreds of people at the meeting. No one showed up in favor of the of the pickleballs in his court. Everyone was against. So I don't know what that means. I mean, I saw that the mayor, Craig Greenberg, put out a video today explaining its benefits.
Speaker 5: You do wonder, though, Channon, you're a Louisvillion.
Speaker 6: If you get a three hundred to zero community meeting, you do wonder what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: There are people arguing, though, Hey, this park.
Speaker 6: Where we're gonna put the pickleball and the tennis was being unused. It was a parking lot and a dilapidated tennis facility. Why wouldn't you want to update it with an updated facility. I don't know enough about it to say either way, But with hundreds of people showed out and no one was in favor of it, according to Brian, the intern who went to the event, then Shannon, I don't I don't know if that's a good sign for it.
Speaker 3: No nobody wants it is what it sounds like to me. It was the number one story on the local news this morning, and people out there chanting, we or keep Joe Creesan channing, keep Joe Kreesan.
Speaker 5: That's what they were changing. How did they go keep Joe creesing.
Speaker 4: Keep Joe keep Yeah, we'll just keep going.
Speaker 5: Who is, by the way, who is Joe crees Does anyone know?
Speaker 7: I actually googled that while you all were talking, and it says he was a journalist who wrote for the Courier.
Speaker 5: Journal and they named a park after him.
Speaker 7: According to uh wikipedia dot com, that would be like.
Speaker 5: What Rick Bositch Park in uh, Brian intern park Joe Sanka Park.
Speaker 6: Uh it's so they named it after just a guy that right wrote for the Courier.
Speaker 7: And uh oh what it's never mind said something about w h a S. It said, did he die playing tennis with a w h a S Radio personality? I'm reading this all on the fly.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, he died.
Speaker 7: I'll read it out loud so I get this right, Wikipedia dot com. Creasing continued writing and working until his death, which occurred while playing tennis with w h a S radio personality Milton Mets real way.
Speaker 2: To honor him that park, maybe it's yeah.
Speaker 7: He also started the movement to make the Kentucky Coffee Tree the first official state tree of Kentucky?
Speaker 5: Is that is that? Our is that our state tree is the Kentucky Coffee Tree?
Speaker 4: I think it is?
Speaker 6: So this dude, when did he die? Drew, because I've never heard of this person? When did he die?
Speaker 7: Nineteen seventy four? Okay, so he was born in Benon, Kentucky. Shout out Marshall County.
Speaker 6: Born in Marshall County, lived in Louisville, worked as a journalist, played tent and was playing tennis when he passed away.
Speaker 5: He was enough popular enough that they named a park after him.
Speaker 6: And how ironic, Shannon that the Fight over is a tennis facility?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Creesan, do you think he would really want pickleball though?
Speaker 4: I mean that's a four.
Speaker 5: Oh No, he's a true tennis player.
Speaker 6: No, he's if he's a true tennis player, then he would be aghast at the fact that there's a pickleball, but it's a pickleball slash tennis.
Speaker 3: With See, this is where we need Ai Joe Creesan to ask him or are you okay to get your blessing from beyond the grave to put pickleball?
Speaker 5: I really like that's another thing.
Speaker 6: What if people did that where they used the AI version to try to enhance their argument.
Speaker 3: Like what if he's on there going yeah, I'm perfectly fine with you making a pickleball.
Speaker 6: Course, that's a really interesting point. It would be hard to argue with Ai Joe Creases, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like, I died here. My death does not in my park.
Speaker 5: You're trying to your chanting keep.
Speaker 4: Me yeah here, I am interesting.
Speaker 7: I really like the second sentence of his bio. It says he was born in ben Kentucky, which he called the only town in Kentucky where I was born.
Speaker 5: I was born like sounds like a funny guy. It said that was like what he claimed about.
Speaker 7: Even got in quotations. It's the second sentence in his bio.
Speaker 5: Kentucky which is the only town that I was born.
Speaker 7: Yep. Only town in Kentucky where I was born.
Speaker 5: That's amazing what you can see why he was such a great journalist. Right, let's give you the facts in the sentence. That is funny.
Speaker 6: Well, anyway, so they had the meeting. Apparently there's another meeting later this week. It feels like the momentum is against keeping Joe. No, it's for keeping Joe Cresan. We'll see whether or not it ends up happening. I'm now fascinated by the fact he died playing tennis with Milton Metz in the I wonder was it in the park?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: That's why they named the park after him.
Speaker 5: So that's why they named the park after him.
Speaker 2: It's awesome remembering a guy that has been kind of over fifty years died or fift years ago. Brandy's name back up, and we.
Speaker 5: Know, by the way, do we know he did he die in the park where they named it after him or no? Yep? Yep, So it wasn't named after him at the time. So did they name it after him because he died there?
Speaker 7: M hmm according to uh the internet that I'm reading here, don have a heart attack.
Speaker 6: So Shannon would you like to die somewhere so that they named a park.
Speaker 5: After where you died?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: They could change like if you died during Larger than Life, it would be starting called Shannon the Dude in Life or something. Would you want that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could change the name, like you know, from the Godfather to Shannon the Dudes.
Speaker 6: You know, that's exactly the same. That's exactly the same level of honor.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 7: All right, So this this also says there's a sign in Benton that says ben in Kentucky the only town Joe Creesan was born in.
Speaker 5: There to stop it, that is not a town. That there's not a town it says, that's what it says.
Speaker 6: The people Benton, Kentucky have to confirm that there is not a sign in Bitton, Kentucky that says the only town Joe Creeson was born.
Speaker 7: According to the Marshall County Daily. I trust it.
Speaker 2: He must have been a big reporter for the Curer.
Speaker 5: Why would that have been a sentence they would make a sign out of it? Was that like a famous sentence that he ended up saying it?
Speaker 4: And soon as Drew read that, that's the first thing that's.
Speaker 5: True, but I thought it was like he said it as a joke. I didn't think it would be something the town would put on the outside of the town.
Speaker 7: Must have been a big I mean it was the second sentence in his bio. He must have said it a lot really stuck.
Speaker 6: Well, now I want to keep Joe creasing because I want I want disguised memory to live, especially not.
Speaker 5: To be replaced by pickleball, which is so stupid. All right.
Speaker 6: The guy that asked earlier, what do you think is hard? Coach K said what's harder building a program or maintaining a program? I was thinking during the break rhyme. I think it depends on the sport. And again, football, building the program is the hardest because it takes a long time. It may take less time now because of the portal, but it still takes time. And maintaining a program maybe a little easier because you have depth, et cetera. I think in basketball maintaining is the hardest because when you had, like just look at what happened to Florida, right, when you have success as a team, individuals are especially in the portal nil Era almost certainly going to want to go then benefit somewhere else and it becomes harder to keep it together.
Speaker 5: Same thing happened here with Cal.
Speaker 6: I mean, as the years went on, more and more guys came, they obviously had their individual goals and desires. So I can see what coach k saying, especially in the college basketball context, of why maintaining would be harder.
Speaker 2: You know, the question is really good because like Cal obviously built the program up, and then we've seen Tubby job Cal after ten, twelve, thirteen years, it is harder to maintain that program you built. But the Carra asked about Stoops. Stoops did such a great job building the UK program. Now he seems to be struggling kind of maintain.
Speaker 5: But it has been a slow drop, meaning it's not like it just fell off the face of the earth. I think he has.
Speaker 6: Dropped it in part because they let things slip.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I think one of the things that's hard in any level of success is can you maintain the motivation that built your success. Like when you're especially driven to succeed and you have that success, it is hard to continue to every day keep grinding. And if you listen to people that do things that require that, I've heard Howard Stern talk about this, David Letterman talk about this. When you're doing something that's daily, to continue to put in the effort and the desire to keep it at the level you want is hard. I'm sure that's true about sports. You have to kind of bring it every day. You can't sit there and take stuff off. And I'm not saying Mark Stoops took stuff off, but I do think in the last couple of years, I personally have questioned he's still grinding at that level that maybe Drew he did when he first got here, And we're gonna find out this year when they get on the field.
Speaker 7: And when you're building, you can kind of catch lighting in a bottle and have a great season and get it built, but then you got to be able to maintain that. It's why a lean maintaining might be a little more difficult, kind of depending on circumstances. But when you're building it, it's a good year or two can really really take you to another level, but then you got to work really hard to stay at that level too.
Speaker 6: Success can either be like a drug that you just have to keep going for to keep feeling, or it can be something that becomes like a play cater that you're just like I've had it and you just enjoy the fruits of it and let things slip. And I think you have to be very careful not to do that. And I think both of these coaches we've talked about had that happen a little bit, and you know, now they've got to go back to the mentality that they had when they started.
Speaker 5: Who's up next, Tristan, Tristan, go ahead, Tristan, Hey, Matt.
Speaker 8: Made it back safely. I just have a quick question that I can hang up and listen. Do you think that Mark Pope is a kind of trying to copy what Florida did this year with so many versatile big men.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if he's copying Florida, but there's no doubt he's gotten a lot of versatal players who can switch and play every position. This this roster, to me and I appreciate the call, is exactly what Mark Pope wants. I just think I'm a little surprised he doesn't have a little more shooting. But he maybe he thinks Ryan that these dudes are gonna all they're better shooters than we realize. But the switching every position, everybody being able to dribble, everybody being able to handle the ball. That is very consistent with what he wants. It's how the Warriors plays, how most NBA teams play. Now, I think that's exactly what he wants.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think most of our worries are that is there enough shooting there? But if Otega takes a step up and shooting Aberdeen low, if these three guys kind of step up and become better shooters, maybe the combination of everybody on to kind of overshadow that need for one drop dead shooter guy.
Speaker 5: You know, we get like watch these teams.
Speaker 6: When you watch these teams in the playoffs and the NBA, they're succeeding. It is always it is fascinating to me to watch how almost all these teams have dudes who can just handle the ball, step out. They are It's positionless basketball, that phrase, it's kind of how it is. Watch watch these teams, Watch all the teams left in the playoffs. Everyone on their team can shoot, dribble, pass, all of them, even the biggest, lankiest, they all can do it. And I think that's what Kentucky is gonna have next year they'll miss a chance to win big while supporting a great cause with Commonwealth Causes exciting raffles.
Speaker 5: The Queen of.
Speaker 6: Hearts fifty Raffle takes place weekly on Thursdays. That's fifty percent of the jackputt goes to the winner, while the other half supports Commonwealth causes and which also supports nil. You play this right, Ryan, you can win up to five dollars. You've played it.
Speaker 2: I bought my Queen of Hearts card this morning before the show started.
Speaker 6: For the rather prize winning cards or even where you can get a joker for one thousand dollars. It takes place the last Thursday of every month. May twenty ninth, they give away twenty thousand dollars worth of premium bourbon. That's Pappy van Winkle will or Millennium Double Eagle.
Speaker 5: Very rare.
Speaker 6: Learn more at Commonwealth Causes. Go to the Commonwealth Causes. App be like Ryan, play the Queen of Hearts or the Bourbon Raffle. It's at Commonwealth Causes. We'll take a break, very back Tucky Sports Radio two and a half. So this is why I like this show. I mean, there's many reasons I like it. But here's one of the reasons, because you learn things you wouldn't have known either way. All right, So I guess mister Creesan died in nineteen seventy four. He was a journalist here and I would you know, oh, even though I'm kind of peripherally in that field, would have I don't know that I ever had heard his name, But now after everyone riding me, I'm fascinated by his cot multiple people Ryan saying to me, Matt, you would have loved this guy. He was your kind of writer. He would write a column featured around the state, which would tell stories of small town people. He would tell stories about towns across Kentucky. They were often funny, and he looked at the state of Kentucky as a humorist who also loved the place. That sounds like my kind of guy, right.
Speaker 2: Sound like a perfect guy that would fit in on this show. Talking about Kentucky and Kentucky towns, Kentucky people.
Speaker 6: He said he wrote a book called Joe Creesan's Kentucky Shadon where he went to every county in Kentucky.
Speaker 5: If you know somebody who did.
Speaker 4: That, Yeah, like a modern day Joe Creesan, Matt Jones.
Speaker 6: So I gotta find Joe Creesan's Kentucky if anybody has that book.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, this whole pickleball fight on a pickleball. We've learned something that we A man has been forgotten over time. Died fifty years ago.
Speaker 6: They have a creasing lecture series at Kentucky, the University of Kentucky Drew that is named after him. You maybe even did you go to a crease in lecture at some point?
Speaker 7: I did not, But if I had known all of this, I would have made a point to Corey Price sent us that he was voted the most popular was it student Ryan at UK when he was there? The most popular guy on campus?
Speaker 5: Whip did that?
Speaker 2: That would have been what like nineteen forty? Yeah, Corey Price tweeted out name most popular man at UK in the class of nineteen forty.
Speaker 6: See what an interesting thing, and that he was named at the park was named after him because he died in the park while playing tennis.
Speaker 2: So there you go, who history listening today?
Speaker 6: There it is text machine seven seven two seventh seventy four five five two five four asked anything Wednesday before we get back to it. The real ID starts today, Shannon, chaos coming to the airports.
Speaker 5: Have we heard anything? Is it chaos out there?
Speaker 4: I'm sure that it is.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen any reports, but I'm sure that there's a long, long line.
Speaker 4: Just to get through.
Speaker 3: And if you don't have your idea, you have to like fill out a form which takes forever.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure there's a long line for that.
Speaker 6: That's just to fill it out in person. Apparently you can't do it before. Yep, So I do wonder what the nation's airports are like today. The real ID starts today. We've been talking about this. Apparently it was passed in two thousand and three by Congress, and then it took you know, years to get it to where states were ready for it, and then we in Kentucky pushed it off until I think twenty nineteen or twenty twenty, and then we've had a couple of years to do it, and a lot of people, myself included, have not. So, I mean, I can report live from the airport tomorrow, but Shannon, today, I haven't heard if it's if it's bad or not out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would want be anywhere near an airport for like at least the next couple of months, just until they get this all sorted out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, hopefully they'll have a thing. It's clear the Newark stuff continues to be wild. The stories about what happened when those two minutes went off the air I mean the planes, they lost contact with the planes, They had no way to communicate with them, They had no way to know where they were. Scare the planes had no ways to let no like communicate with the thing. They were just sort of flying around in circles. And I guess there's a protocol for when that happens. They basically tell you to maintain your line, and that's what planes did and then it came back on. But Drew, can you imagine the panic in those ninety seconds or two minutes because you don't know if it's gonna be like that for a long time or not, you know.
Speaker 7: And you can that's not something you can play around with. These slightest error can lead to a horrible, horrible, horrible tragedy. They just got to get this fixed. I we were talking about to bring the AA in earlier. Maybe you can bring it into help a little bit with humans around it. But this is an absolutely disastrous situation. It's gonna affect a lot of people.
Speaker 6: April like thirtieth or whatever was when it happened. So if you were flying in or around Newark those days, say an extra prayer tonight of thank you. Who's up next, Jeremy, Jeremy, go ahead, Jeremy.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, I was just checking.
Speaker 10: Has anybody watched the last season out of Righteous Gemstones and what did you think about it? I think Sunday was the last ever episode, and for me, it just kind of fizzled out, didn't in anything like our spoilers.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 6: I watched the first couple of episodes of the season. I still got to catch up on it, Drew, Ryan, have you finished it? Either one of you yet?
Speaker 7: I need to see I think I'm two behind. I've seen most of the season. I've enjoyed the season, but I haven't seen the finale that he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Ryan, have you seen it? I know you love the show too.
Speaker 2: I've only missed the finale. I haven't seen the finale yet.
Speaker 5: And do you like the season so far?
Speaker 2: It's probably my least favor rid of the four seasons, for sure. It just seems to not be as crazy funny. It's kind of well, I don't want to spoil anything, but.
Speaker 10: It's I agree, I mean I don't. I don't think there's anything like the other three seasons. Yeah, well I'm kind of disappointed.
Speaker 5: Well, I appreciate the call. I will.
Speaker 6: I'll check it out. I do love that show. I have seen the baby Billy stuff everywhere. But but I don't a.
Speaker 2: Lot of baby Billy this season.
Speaker 7: A lot about all of them.
Speaker 5: Other parts I don't want to see.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there are parts of him that you probably would rather not see. But they've they throw it right at you.
Speaker 2: Back to mortgage, Stockton mortgage. You know it's a great time to buy, just bring buying season. Going into the summer buying season, the rates everybody held steady, inventory held steady. So if you're getting ready to try to make that move, doctor more can help you in entires process that who drant of the process. It can be kind of an overwhelming situation. We got to come up with all this paperwork. Your W two's your paste of your bank statements. They'll hold your hand, get you to the closing table. And that's what's all about. So give them a try. Whether you're trying to maybe remodel your home, buy a new home, build a home, they can help you all the way. Dock to Mortgage MLS A two five nine equal housing lender.
Speaker 5: It is. It's Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 6: We're going to take a break, come back and just ask anything Wednesday. Uh here in Scottsdale, Arizona. And we'll take your calls. Also, little basketball still chatter to come. We'll be right back. Okays.
Speaker 7: Sorry TJ.
Speaker 5: Smith, personal injury attorney.
Speaker 7: Call TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 6: People are telling me the airport lines are pretty normal. So people are saying they think that they've not even started shinning like it.
Speaker 5: Wow. So I don't know.
Speaker 6: You know, it was part of the federal bill that they moved all this to regional offices, which is why this all happened.
Speaker 5: But you know, I don't know. I don't have one. So I hope my passport. I hope I don't lose it. That's my key worry.
Speaker 6: Kentucky has three new football players Ryan in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two offensive linemen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, an offensive lineman from James Madison, an offensive lineman from some worst states ball state, and then a wide receiver from SMU.
Speaker 5: I know nothing about any.
Speaker 6: Of these guys, no clue whether or not they're good.
Speaker 5: So what do we make of these three new players? Positive sign? Negative sign? Who knows sign.
Speaker 7: Respectfully to the three of them? It's kind of man, these are depth pieces. They've barely recorded any stats or much playing time at their first stops, so this looks like they're just filling out the roster. You know, have second third and who know, practice squad. I don't know that any of these three editions will have much of an impact, good or bad next year. It seems they're just trying to to get the team built.
Speaker 6: How do you even end up with a player Ryan who was a like depth piece at James Madison?
Speaker 5: Like, how does that even happen that you end up with him on the team.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the coaching connection with maybe with Vance or Mark may know either some kind of connection or made it a parent connection. Maybe they were recruiting amount of high school.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I think Drew's right. I think these are just you needed some depth in the receiver room, So you bring another receiver. You need some depth in the old line room, bring another old lineman. I think they're just trying to maybe replentish some guys that left the team the program.
Speaker 7: The receiver was a top recruit. I think you started Oregon, but he had one catch all year last year. I mean, it's maybe you turn him into something on down the road. But it seems like these are guys they're adding to the roster just to be able to have practices.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I shouldn't care one way or the other, that's what you're saying about this group.
Speaker 7: I don't think we'll see any of these guys playing on the field next year. Maybe on down the road, but these seem like guys you're talking about on the ditch.
Speaker 5: Basketball. Duke basketball signed a new transfer and I looked at him, Drew, and it was a transfer from Rice, and I thought, oh, he must have been good if Duke wants him.
Speaker 6: He averaged one point five points a game at Rice, And you go, how does that kid end up at Duke? A kid who didn't even really play for Rice, that you wonder. I just it's amazing to me that that happens. I mean, even the kid we got as our thirteenth man at least average six and a half points at Miami, but wow, you averaged one point five points at Rice.
Speaker 5: How do you end up at Duke?
Speaker 7: Yeah, his name's if he too. I like the name, if he kind of and if he if he add to them. But I don't know Duke's roster that well. But you know it could be the same you see him a football. I mean, you know, schools aren't targeting high school as much. You don't have a lot of incoming freshmen as you as you used to before the portal area, So it might be just like we got to have somebody to put away on the end of the bench that's not demanding a lot of money or playing time.
Speaker 6: Shannon, a bad decision at least for the sport, even if it's a good decision for the horse. They decide not to run Sovereignty in the Preakness, you know, I mean, look, I don't know the horse's health. I get it if you're worried about it, But to me, I know they're purists out there that say you can't change the schedule the Triple Crown because it is what it is.
Speaker 5: It is what it's been.
Speaker 6: You cannot have a triple Crown where the Derby winner voluntarily skips the Preakness.
Speaker 5: Just be caut if you do.
Speaker 6: And somebody that knows more than horse racing about me, more about horse racing than me, can tell me which is right. But you either, like have to say, being in the Derby, it's contingent you do the Preakness unless your horse is heard, or.
Speaker 5: You need to push the Preakness back.
Speaker 6: I'm with you because you and I'm fine with pushing the Preakness back, and everybody goes, well, it was supposed to be hard to win the triple Crown. Okay, fine, it is supposed to be hard, but you know what times change.
Speaker 5: We can't have.
Speaker 6: It to where one of the three marquee races of the year doesn't have any horses that were in the Derby.
Speaker 5: You just can't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm a very very casual fan. I would watch the Preakness if Sovereignty were running at it. Now that he's not running at it, I really have no interest in watching it at all. But what we're talking about here is load management for horses.
Speaker 6: Now I'm okay with it if that's what it takes, because these horses like if you need to give them more time.
Speaker 5: But would you agree if that's gonna happen, you got to change the.
Speaker 4: Races, change with church change the date. I don't care.
Speaker 3: I mean the more important thing is for me that the Derby winner runs in the race.
Speaker 6: Yes, the Diverntye and Journalism Ryan, who were the two best horses by far in that race. If they were gonna do it again at the Preakness, wouldn't you watch it to see?
Speaker 2: The sport needs it? Had this huge ratings day on the Kentucky Derby, one hundred and forty thousand people there at Churchill Downs. Now they're gonna not have that signature moment of sovereignty maybe win in the Preakness, and the sport needs it. So I've heard this argument for thirty years. Just move the weakness one week back, move to Belmont one week back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you move them back?
Speaker 6: You get horse racing a longer stretch life, right, So you go one week back to the Preakness and then one maybe even two weeks back to the Belmont. A five week sport becomes a seven or eight week sport and you can maybe actually give rivalries. I mean, Ryan, you remember when I was a kid, you had that Sunday silence, easygoer, right? They raced in all three races. I think they were one to two in all three races.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: You don't even with triple crown winners, like who is American Pharaoh's rival?
Speaker 5: Does anybody remember?
Speaker 6: I mean who knows, right, because they don't race in all of them. But if you made it to where journalism and sovereignty got to go against each other again, I think you could even have it to where, even if journalism won drew, you might watch the third one to see who breaks the time.
Speaker 5: But you can't.
Speaker 6: But you can't do it if you make it to where physically it hurts the horses and they don't want to do it.
Speaker 7: And I'm like Shannon and probably thousands of others, I won't even consider watching the Preakness. Maybe if I'm home and I'm scrolling through channels, but I would have made a point to be in front of the TV knowing that there's a chance for a horse running for the Triple Crown. But it's just gonna absolutely destroy the Preakness's ratings. They apparently they're.
Speaker 5: All gonna race in the Belmont. But at that point, Shannon, people won't.
Speaker 6: Care the prenous So they've got to find a way to make it work.
Speaker 5: They have to. It's there. I know they are traditionalists will be.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, it's not what we did with Seattle Sleugh and what we did with mantal War. Well you know what, So what times change, it's what will be best for a sport. Clearly, at its peak, horse racing can still captivate America. It does it every year at the Derby. Why not make it to where it captivates America a couple of other times?
Speaker 3: Right, you just had the largest ratings for the Derby, and how long you could take that momentum and carry it into the next race.
Speaker 4: But now I don't think he mightna care.
Speaker 6: No moment I don't even know who's in the previous There might be like there might not be one horse in the Pregnus that was even in the.
Speaker 5: Derby, So who cares? But that's that's that's obviously not the decision of the powers that that that be. Who's up next?
Speaker 4: Bob and Jamestown.
Speaker 6: Bob and Jamestown A five nine two eight oh, twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Matt Joe Creesan was a legend in Kentucky. He like you were talking about, he got all around the state and like I say, he was a really personal guy. And then back when Barry being a zone in the.
Speaker 5: Courier Journal and they were winning.
Speaker 9: All those bulletzerprizes. That's what probably one of the keys to it.
Speaker 5: Anyway. Yeah, I think Shannon I might be interested in as in his phone goes. Imagine it's like it's a it's like the one time he might be saying something that I'm past. Okay, go ahead, try again.
Speaker 9: Okay, Uh, this is a question from Major League Baseball. Did you know there was an umpire clothing requirement? And did you know that require one of those requirements umpire clothing.
Speaker 5: Requirement. What is the requirement? What's the requirement?
Speaker 8: Bob?
Speaker 9: They have to wear black underwear in case of a wardrobe malfunction, when their pants split. They want black underwear, all right, So, first of.
Speaker 2: All, how you did not know that?
Speaker 6: How do you know, Bob, the color of the underwear of umpires.
Speaker 9: That's the Major League Baseball sets those standards for their clothing.
Speaker 4: Color.
Speaker 9: I knew Joe. I knew Joe not saw legendary red players talked.
Speaker 5: About his underwear. You were like, Joe, what color underwear do you wear?
Speaker 9: No? No, Joe wasn't an umpire, He was a So.
Speaker 5: You and Joe not at all sat around and talk about No.
Speaker 9: No, but that was just a little side show the big show Maya. Anyway, did you know what this unusually cold weather we're experiencing right now?
Speaker 5: You get one, you get one ridiculous fact today. All right, I appreciate the call. You know that's true, We think that's true. Let's start with this. You think that's true, Drew. Do you think it's true that umpires have to wear black underwear?
Speaker 7: It's true, But I have a question. Don't umpires wear gray pants? Why wouldn't they wear gray underwear if it's for if you're splitting your pants, you don't want it to stand.
Speaker 5: You said it's true, like you know it's true, or you're.
Speaker 7: Just a s I looked it up as he was talking because I didn't believe him.
Speaker 2: You know, it had to happen, and I'm split their pants and his white skivvies were showing through these pants es. So they made this move to everybody had to wear black unwear.
Speaker 5: What I don't.
Speaker 6: Understand, Shannon, is what makes him call and say that, I don't know what.
Speaker 5: What what makes it's he woke up this morning.
Speaker 6: Bob is like a fortune cookie that comes out with the worst facts, and every day he just decides what's gonna come out today.
Speaker 5: How about we talk about umpires underwear?
Speaker 6: Not not any because he starts with Joe Creesan, which at least is on topic, and then we end.
Speaker 3: With that, Well, he did teach me something today. I didn't know that the umpires had to wear black underwear.
Speaker 4: I forget somebody.
Speaker 6: Somebody's pointing out this is ask anything Wednesday. So but although he didn't ask anything.
Speaker 5: The fact he just came. He just came with the fact.
Speaker 6: The NBA's eighty two game grind is done. The NBA playoffs, by the way, had been amazing. Did you see the road team? Uh Drew has won every game so far the road team road. The road team is five and zero, including three games where the team was down twenty and came back and won Indiana. I can't remember what the stat was the Pacers. There was some stat that said in the playoffs teams that are down eight with a minute to go were something like three and seventeen, like one thousand, seven hundred and sixty two or something like that. And two of those three Ryan are the Pacers in the low two games. Yeah, last week, that was last night was unbelievable. Well, you can bet these games on the Draft Kings sportsbook and as you can tell that they're never over. DraftKings is the home of NBA player props all season. You can drive betting something simple like picking a team to win or more. You can go the playoff run with the Draft Kings sportsbook. Use the code KSR. Bet two hundred and do two hundred and five bucks in bet, get two hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: In bonus bets. It's DraftKings. The code is KSR, the crown is yours.
Speaker 6: If you have a gaming problem called one here Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, elgebier sings apply ne customers only.
Speaker 5: Don't spects for one hundred and sixty eight hours of traditions.
Speaker 6: For didigtional terms responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio. We'll take a break, come right back. Final segment to see is Kentucky Sports Radio Wonder Back Tucky Sports Radio AFI. I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. So people are riding about the triple Crown thing. One person says, Matt, you don't mess with the Triple Crown races. If the w horse can't go, that's the way it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you can.
Speaker 6: That can't be the worst reason to do anything in life. The worst reason is, well, that's the way it is. And the second worst reason is because that's always the way we've done it. Like, that's the stupidest thing to do. You have to adjust to the realities of the world. And if the reality is these horse trainers are not gonna run the derby winner and the previous then you gotta adjust the reality. You can't just go eh, not team like, that's dumb. You're just smacking yourself in the face as an industry. If you do that, you're just being dumb. You can't sit there and say, let's going backwards in time is never a good reason to do anything. So and I'm being told Ryan that it wasn't even always the case that these were the dates of the races.
Speaker 5: They got changed once. So if they were changing the past. Why can't they be changed again.
Speaker 2: It's best for the sport, There's no doubt about it. I think horses are just getting soft these days. They're like our young teenagers.
Speaker 6: But that's a stupid like you're saying it as a joke. But there's people that believe what you're saying. There are people that believe, oh, we're pampering these horses. Well, you know why we're pampering these horses because they were dying a few years ago. And let's be real, you want to kill the sport. Have more horses died, Drew like, that's that'll kill the sport. That'll make it to where government's banned is if we keep doing that. So we just have to adjust to the realities of the world, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I still haven't heard a good case for why it has to be two weeks and three weeks. I mean pampering the horses. That doesn't really I don't really.
Speaker 6: What is the good case, like Shandon, what's the good case for two weeks?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: You mean the case like to push it back?
Speaker 5: No, the case to keep it? What is the case to why that's a stupid reason to do it?
Speaker 4: But I mean that's the reason.
Speaker 5: But it's a stupid reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, it could be.
Speaker 3: Stupid, but I'm telling you that's the reason they haven't changed it because well, I mean.
Speaker 6: If it's not a better reason than that, then it's stupid. I mean, tradition matters, it matters to me like I but it's not the only reason to do anything. And so imagine if the Preakness was Memorial Day weekend. Okay, why would wouldn't that be a huge event? Memorial Yes, it was to have the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend be the Preakness, And then what if you did the Belmont around the fourth of July. You have now in corporate raided these races into Americana, haven't you.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't you do that?
Speaker 4: We're making a horse racing great again.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And if Trump wants to ride the ponies at the beginning, didn't.
Speaker 6: Landing whatever, Who cares. I don't know if he can fit on the horse or not, but if he can, it would be if you did the Preakness at Memorial Day and the Belmont on the fourth of July, it could become you could make those races like the Derby Is where everybody was a part of family gatherings. Isn't that better than now when two weeks after the Derby disease, wuln't even know, Like no one knows anyway.
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 2: I'm just doing it out to know what we're talking about. It isn't like the Indianapolis five hundred Memorial Day weekend. Maybe it will run.
Speaker 5: But that's on Sunday. So the race, the Preakness on Saturday. How about that?
Speaker 2: Yeap, it would work.
Speaker 4: I never knew you had such strong horse racing thoughts.
Speaker 6: I don't. I just I just I hate when people's reason for something is.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the way we've always done it, because you know, the sport is not the same, Like it's not as good as it used to be. It's not as big, So maybe we should change things and not just do it because it's how.
Speaker 3: But that's why I want the UK have a game on a Saturday, because it's the way we always did it.
Speaker 5: But we didn't even always do it like that. We've played it at different times.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think it'd be better for it to be on a Saturday for many reasons, But the answer is not just because it's how we've always done it.
Speaker 5: It's just because it would be better for the fans. Who's neck, Adam, Adam go ahead at him?
Speaker 11: So I had to laugh out loud. And when you were talking about the parks and just the thought of them naming that little park next to your house the rich Mosicks Park would be hilarious.
Speaker 6: Or what if I fall down on that park? Will you get them to name it the Matt Jones Parky Drew Drew if I were to fall on that.
Speaker 4: Park, bust at your butt? I think that's close enough.
Speaker 6: I've gotten hurt in that part before, so yeah, I think that probably should be right.
Speaker 5: But go ahead.
Speaker 11: Had a comment on question my comment talking about yesterday's topic. I would absolutely love to hear KA would love for call a game, and they will, Actually, they'll if you put in, like I want to hear K would call the last final seconds of the twenty twelve National Championship. They'll print out or they'll give you a dialogue and a transcript of what he would say, like in his voice like that.
Speaker 9: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see, I'd love to hear it if they ever get the point where they can do it. I guess they're worried about there being a you know a name image likeness of using the sound. But yeah, I mean I appreciate the call. I had a lot of people write me and they would agree. What agree? I agree with him that they want to hear it. What was the thing you just sent me? Drew about what happened in court? What was that about?
Speaker 7: A guy in Arizona got killed four years ago in a road ragees and someone murdered him. But in court this week they used an AI video of him to talk to the man who murdered him. He said, he said to Gabriel, the man who shot me, it's a shame we encountered each other that day in those circumstances. In another life, we probably could have been friends. But they played a video in court of what they thought, what AI thought he would have said. I think they used other videos of him, maybe some other stuff he has out there, and they came up with that and played it for the man who murdered him.
Speaker 5: Wow. I can't believe the judge allowed that.
Speaker 7: This story even says that the judge UH thought positively of it. Didn't really go into detail what that meant, but it said had a positive response.
Speaker 6: That's I'm really surprised. Yeah, I have to think about that one in court.
Speaker 5: Wow. Well with that mind blowing incident.
Speaker 6: Come out Wings Day chaos, Mark ks our Bowlingess tonight as well.
Speaker 5: We will see you tomorrow morning. You have a good day. It's Kentucky Sports Radio.