Speaker 1: You don't look good last night.
Speaker 2: It was a fucking Memphis man. Joall had like seven plays hell yeah play John had like seven plays where it was like, Oh, you don't mind y'all. I was like, and Bang looked good. Yeah, doesn't Bang look real good? He looks real good. I like Memphis man. Let's get a baby, know what it is, take it in truth, Let's get it baby. Oh sure, live and direct back from it, back from Green Knight. That was cool.
Speaker 1: That was cool, big dope. That was dope.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy for the young fellas and the crazy part about it. Damn, just think about a dog. They just now entering their prime. They look scary dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the selfish got a I never been around something like this. I think we are in the midst of their run. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And to see how it.
Speaker 2: All started, where it all got curated, it won it now the journey like this is the this is the dope part about this journey. Man being able to be back always in Boston is always it's always always spirited. Yeah. To see Ray, shout to Ray, caught up with Ray, caught up with Leon. Leon was freshening champagne peak, wasn't he on the reel. On the reel and they talk about Leon. I got to see Corn Brad, got to see Coozie was in the building. Man, it was great to see everybody. I'm talking about Eddie house scol It's always good to see the guys twist their shout to, you know, Johnny Joe all the commission. Yeah, man, yeah, And it wasn't a man. Don't you just hold on and then you come out and slap your hat. Hey, hey man, Hey man.
Speaker 3: I don't know what old boy was talking about in the front road doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was talking about. Who. I don't even know boy was talking about. Man, I just caught a feeling.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Remember, yeah, I remember that. Man, if you don't get you out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the seeds look good, man. You know Tatum, I stee thought the Michale bridges and having heart, you know, those are like good defenders on wings and two guards and stuff. Man, Tatum was making that shit look easy. I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I love I get it.
Speaker 3: I love the way they was moving the ball, making the extra path. It's just like it looked like a wet look. It looked like a well oiled machine.
Speaker 2: Bro. It looked like they had just got right back to it.
Speaker 1: Huh, Like no drop off.
Speaker 3: Like you like usually like when you come out at the beginning of the season. You know, it kind of like flag kind of rusty that first game, Hella turnovers. Didn't see none of that, it looked Chris Man. So shout to the Seeds man getting it rings starting the new year.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, it was just great to be in the building. Man, Thank you'll, thanks the Seeds for having us. You know what I'm saying. Did we sell that? Motherfucker? Did he sell it?
Speaker 5: What did you think of the live show in front of the Celtics fans for the game with scaling Eddie?
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask pe Man, I know how many. I don't know how many You're not done? But that's not really my cup of tea, you know what I'm saying. But that was so different. I've never done nothing like that. That was real cool.
Speaker 1: How many of those not done?
Speaker 4: I think we did like two or three of them. It's been good.
Speaker 3: But what we did in the other room, the House of Blues room, Yeah, where it's like the couches and they were on the stage like that was.
Speaker 1: A little more formal.
Speaker 4: That was formal, a little more formal because they like right here there, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I walked out to grab I mean we did like the BENMGM predictions up before the game, and then that went live and then I went to the back like to grab napkins or you know, chill. So I came back out. Man, it was jet It was jaering with people.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's how that's how you know, man, Listen, do you know Boston.
Speaker 2: Family come out shout to all those guys came out man, supporting the show man all that man, all the KG certified taking the truth lovers. Man, that's what's up man?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: First thing I want to ask you about six Ers. Bucks opened up their season. We had no NB, no PG, Jannis Dame play. Well, what are your just kind of thoughts on the first game of the season. Your top two stars is just not available to.
Speaker 3: Play When I look like, this is what I don't understand, Like it's the start of the season and you got guys out, like I understand, Like Paul George he had dealt with a hyper extension in the preseason. I get it, but like and B played in the Olympics, So I'm trying to figure out from the Olympics until now, how he's not available for the start of the season. First you come out and say we're not playing back to backs, and then you're not even available for game one. So I'm just trying to see, like who the advisors, who the doctors, who the physical theory, who is these people and who's in these guys. Ear, It's it's just I don't I'm just not feeling it, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's the start of the year. You got new pieces, you want to start developing in your chemistry. That's just how it always start, you know. You know, I'm like, look, we come in the season. We got to get our ship together early because if you don't, then we're gonna behind the eight ball, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's just that I feel like they got like a laid back approach to the game now. You know, it's no urgency to like, like, man wealthy.
Speaker 2: I think if I let you, you will, Yeah, you feel me like and but it ain't. We don't come from I lit you. We we took controller r talking about us. We're not talking about it. It's just frustrating because you know, it's frustrating watching the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all took pride in build the league up.
Speaker 2: Just frustrated. So listen, this is precautionary. This is today's world, you know, in the world of where we live in now to where if you get if you listen, if you hurt your leg and I say, you got two weeks to heal, but you know what, if you can come back shortly, give me that you got the right to take the whole oh two weeks, right, Okay, So I'm gonna come back when my ship, when I feel like mine shit is good. You know, it might be good in two days. It might be different for everybody else, And everybody else is under different windows, and you know what, so much other stuff comes into the play. My point is this bro that's not gonna get what you always tell me, man, him taking his time off is not always gonna guarantee anything.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna get to you.
Speaker 2: And that's the problem.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: If it's not gonna give me extra something, then why the fuck are we doing it?
Speaker 1: Pete?
Speaker 2: If I'm taking five more days or I'm taking whatever.
Speaker 1: So I could be ready down the line. I don't understand why these.
Speaker 2: Kids are not ready, Why these guys are not ready to get start at the start of the year, but you are. And then two, I'm saying, some guys who didn't even make the playoffs still not ready, still not ready. So yeah, this is where we're at. So I'm looking like this when they said embiid and George wasn't playing, immediately focused on Maxi and imediately focused on the other team. And see what these guys look like without their stars. They're gritty, they're fight, they gonna play defense, and Maxie is been coming into his own confidence. I had to sit back and I watched Maxi, But man, I was watching the Bucks. Jannis looks good. I was worried about his health. I was worried about his debility. I watched him in the Olympics. He plays the same way. You already know that style breaks you down. I know that firsthand, right, Yeah, so I wanted to see how he was.
Speaker 1: Pete he looked good, Dame look good. And you know what I ain't nobody talking about.
Speaker 2: You don't hear the Bucks.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about Lando.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about Philly, We've been talking about Cleveland, we've been talking about the Knicks. We ain't talked about Milwaukee. So I wanted to see what Milwaukee looked like. In Milwaukee looked really good. I don't know if they got that third piece though, they need that third piece.
Speaker 1: Middleton's out again.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, give me your two cent on now what you think of that Middleton out again, Sophie.
Speaker 3: I think they window is slowly closing because they I think like he was a huge piece to the champions championship run and like Dame is getting older, you got Yanni still in his prime, like you need. I think they one piece away, Like they don't even have to be a major piece, just somebody you can count on to be consistent every night. And that's what Middleton was. So who's gonna be that third guy for them to put them back into contender uh zone? Because right now I think they a tier below a contender right now.
Speaker 2: They need like a Tobias Harris, somebody that could just say, like, like you know, how he come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody was consistent, like fifteen or eighteen type that like on any given on one of them nights. You know what I'm saying. They need something like that to be able to compete for contention.
Speaker 5: Trent Junior be that guy at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching last night. Look was given, he was on some defense. He was he was given a defensive effort to where I was like, oh, yeah, he brings another level. He can be consistent. Yeah you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, shot to g Junior. Man, he got that flame. He can he can, he can be that piece they looking for. Don't forget about brook Lopez too, Brook low Pez.
Speaker 1: And god damn you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I'm I'm eager to see the bucks in the mix. Also watched the Calfs last night. Not to be ahead of you, the one teams looked good because when Mobley, when Mobley was when Mobley's giving you like twenty three and ten or nine man to go with Garlands, uh, twenty and ten on the sitts and then spite of being Spider having thirty plus or something. Bro man, it's just a consistency p you know. But yeah, yeah, man, it was some teams looked good last night. But I was I looked at Philly like, yeah, until you until you see the two stars out here. You know, y'all know if they're gonna be in that level, on that level. Yeah, and guess what when you don't play, that's one less rhythm. That's can Newty is probably one of the biggest rushing march and the biggest misunderstandings in our game.
Speaker 1: Bro. Like, it's so.
Speaker 3: When they get together, since they didn't play pieces are together, they gonna need about fifteen to twenty games practices, man practices to like really trying to figure out who they are. We don't know what that's gonna be. But then if you if neither one of your stars is playing back to back, it's gonna be hard for me to put Philly in that upper epsom in the conversation.
Speaker 5: That's the question I had for you guys is like you guys personally, when you guys were playing in your career, what was the most important aspect at the beginning of the season. Was it rhythm? Was it winning? Was it connectivity? Like what's the key focus when you're kind of starting the season early?
Speaker 2: He would call us around August twentieth, like, Yo, where you at you in Lay? Just come up meet me up at UCLA. I've been up there for about a week now, and he was on. He wasn't on, more like, hey, let's be on the same team because you know we're going up through the UCLA. First he probably be on that team. But then we started getting into it. Come on, take it. We were running together and it was just about where he want to pick set what he was working on, putting together on what I was working on. And you know, God, we weren't winning all the games up there. We would lose, but he and I was working on all continuity, the slip pass versus the overhead pass. Yeah, so like all that ship now I don't like, I like my damn saying.
Speaker 1: So we had to get that.
Speaker 3: When we first got the Boston you know, usually you know, when teams get to the training camp early September, you played a couple of pickup games two weeks before training camp. That's like September seventeen, like, you know, so we all out there early, and usually we usually mix the teams up. So we go out there the first pickup game, I'm like, we're like, what's the teams. I'm like, okay, it's gonna be we ticket Ray I was usually you mixed up the teams. I was like, nah, we're playing together now. They wanted it though. The team was like no, no, we're cool with that. It was like damn, y'all know. I was like, I was like, no, we're all gonna play. So we're trying to get our ship together. So we started on the same pickup team playing and I remember the first pickup game we kept overpassing to each other just try to like just you know.
Speaker 4: It was like damn, because this is like.
Speaker 2: Coming Ray coming off. I'm like, dam I had a guard this. I'm building it to him now, you know what I'm saying. I'm up for sting to pick for Paul, and I had to guard this on this, you know what I'm saying. So it was like holy ship.
Speaker 4: But that's the most important part.
Speaker 3: It's just getting it on when you got new teammates and then it's like guys that that you can lean on too.
Speaker 2: And it's fun. Yes, it's fun because he'd be like take it, get out up, like let me get a little funk going there. I'm giving folk this working funk funk. You little like come down, He'll come down, pick and roll from you. Your big fellow here and then it'd be scaled. I'll play about I would play against four different styles in those runs too, style baby parent leon and all four give it and then you got t a y'll flip around guard part like it was Bro. Continuity, Bro. And that's one of the more important thing.
Speaker 3: That's the reason we came out the gate so fast, and we won it in the first year because we started that early.
Speaker 1: And you know what we did.
Speaker 2: Man, While we was doing that, Tills would come down and take thirty minutes and do some defense.
Speaker 1: We're like, man, we ain't doing no goddamn defense.
Speaker 2: He said, Man, just just trust me. Men, you'll trust me, men, do to do this right here, Okay, this what we're gonna do, and he'll walk us through it right and we'll do it at a medium speed. By the time we got the China camp, man, we was already on that drill. That drill took two minutes. Oh THEO go Bro. We was By the time we got to Italy, Man, we felt like we had been together right for right and then we were hanging out, chilling, eating, going to dinner, doing whatever teams do it man, tourings and walk in the street Man, when you see that team.
Speaker 1: Right there, We'll see that team right there.
Speaker 2: That looks like feels like family. They fuck with each other. And I ain't trying to say that all our interactions were good. We arguing, We were debating.
Speaker 1: Man, we was because you know we all you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So we love dice. Oh man, wen wen start a dice game anywhere.
Speaker 1: Anywhere anywhere, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Respectfully, you know what I'm saying. But man, we were together. We made sure we was all together. And when you see teams that are like that, man, them the teams you bet with, because because when you get in the foxhole, P already know on this peak and roll ticket ticket got me. Or Man, if I'm gonna go block this shot, I already know RI got me on the crack like stuff like this, bro, Because when you got that trust, man, you just go. You're not even thinking. You know what I'm saying that that's important in today's game, man, the continuity. And that's what I'm most worried about with teams like Philly. Look at continuity. Fucked the Phoenix last year. Real shit, they look better. You went to the game. How they look p and live how Phoenix looked last night.
Speaker 3: They looked a little rusty, but then they got better as a game winner, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Took over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they like they were supposed to lose that game, truthfully, you think so. I mean, they was up most of the game that late Clippers took the lead. I mean, but they they they still learning to play with each other because they only played like, I think thirty games together, like all three of them. So I can tell that was like kind of hesitancy on when to be aggressive and when not to be, you know, especially like Booker because you know last year Booker had the ball. You know, now he got to go back to his original I like that for him, he just needed to not go out there and think and just hoop, just let his game take over. Yeah, it looked like sometime he was wondering when to be aggressive when not to be Like, just be aggressive though you one of the best scores in the league. Can't nobody guard you one on one? And really they need to be following his lead.
Speaker 2: And then I think that I think people follow that when you when you start taking initiative. You see, guys, get out your way you see guys set a pig like okay, oh yeah, I saw a couple of times he came off and it was for him. He was diverting. Yeah, exactly, I'm looking for that book that come in and you know what it is. That's that's because when he liked that best. Yeah, it's hard to beat them too.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I've been I've been looking at the East and you know, the Celtics is the upper echelon. But like when I really look at it, everybody talking about you know, and I know we saw till this versus New York.
Speaker 4: But like when I started.
Speaker 3: Really thinking about it, dog looking at it, start really looking at it, I was like, man, please don't sleep on the Pacers because I think in the East, I think the Pacers are the second best team. Because that's why I think they they tough to keep up with pace, and they got depth because now you got my Thuring back. He wasn't even back last year. So I think when I look down the line, they the only other team outside of Cleveland that got the depth. You know, they got eight strong so people, I think nobody talking about that. All the hype been about New York because of they trade and Philly because of their trade. But I'm telling you, bro, watch y'all. I think what you what you're thinking about the Pacers. People forget they was in the Eastern Conference finals. He was in the Eastern Conference finals, and we don't we forget that.
Speaker 2: On apologize to the Pacers man, straight up, because they earned that. They need some respect. They do real ship, and you know what we Finnah give it to him. Shout out to the Pacers, man. They don't get enough.
Speaker 1: I think they the second best team in there.
Speaker 2: They are absolutely, absolutely Now you know what's crazy? All these other shinier pieces came into play, right Paul George coming over here, you know what with Cad and all that Dame came with, and they forgot about you better you know what else you better watch out for, Orlando Homie.
Speaker 1: Them young wolves over.
Speaker 2: There, I think for me to actually put them in the conversation. Man, he's gonna have to take another He gotta take another step.
Speaker 4: But he took that step last year.
Speaker 2: No man, take he gotta take the m v P step, Bro, he gotta take that step.
Speaker 1: To I'm watching in his third year, he was all start the second year.
Speaker 5: Three and eleven last night against the He's still cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got it cool. Yeah, maybe I want him to be a little more. You know what I'm saying, because I not see him get like the take over two three minutes and then go back into you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's when I saw him. I didn't. I didn't mean to go like when I saw him. I saw him at the Fanatics Fest. And I don't play that clip either because I'm embarrassed about that clip. But I when I saw him, I was just I was like, man, you're a bad motherfucker. Fucks with you, young fellow boy. But let me tell you something. When you are you man, you can dominate man, dominate a nigga. Man don't. So I was going like that and I had to catch my line you know what I'm saying, and it fucked him up right. He was like, oh, ship, but when I meet young boys, I don't get the I don't get the holler. So I have a chance what I'm saying. So I just got it off like yeh, nigga, I fuck at you. You know what I'm saying, a lot of times you like to play with a man, get to it like I was just trying to Yeah, I went that with him, but I like him a lot because he got so much room take up and develop. Bro. He like when I watched Jason Tatum, Jason Tatum was quiet, but you could see that dog and he's shit o bro telling yah nigga. Yeah, I was like, see it's any as Saint Louis came out in here, put it back in and on it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's how he looked.
Speaker 3: He got that dog in it to be like you want it to be like twenty four seven, not twenty four just just just when you got it on, go it said two minutes, go, four minutes with it. Get on it, y'all, come down, blocking shot, get the rebail, come down, pigg ahead.
Speaker 2: Color, got a nigga, got wagged up, three to court, boom, come down, stolen, got a layouts, came at one, boom, hit the free throw, come back there, go to chill.
Speaker 1: Good then like next four five minutes. You don't know, y'all, there, I ain't even not here.
Speaker 2: Right here, come off here, swing it, you know what I'm saying. Like I'll be looking for those go getters, you know. Clarction from uh.
Speaker 1: My man from Utah.
Speaker 2: You know what's going you know what he get, you know where he get the ball with what it is. That's that type of goal that I'll be looking for that because because follow got that, bro, he he got another level. And Miss Williams said, that's all I like your fella's game.
Speaker 5: So third year for Pallo, I'm telling old All Star in his second.
Speaker 1: Year, he's still on this rookie to fall.
Speaker 5: You guys are discussing five years old NBA level guy this year.
Speaker 3: You think, yeah, he should have he should have been on the Olympic team because when you want to usher in the next group, you supposed to have one of them young boys like him on their listen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And he's supposed to be on the Olympics.
Speaker 2: The Olympics was about the three grades. Yeah, let's keep it. Let's keep it one hand there, Okay. The It was dope that Anthony Edwards was there. It was dope that Tatum was there. It was dope that those guys were there. But that ship was about the three headed monster, right, that was it? Cool? If you want to implement these other pieces, because when Jason Tatum got there. The first thing I thought was, Man, how much time he gonna get to play with? Are they gonna play Bron and Katy together? Because playing behind those two in the Olympics, the Showcase and you just want it, I don't know how that's gonna pay.
Speaker 1: So I saw that right.
Speaker 2: But if you want to implement, that's what the second team, the Cooper flag. That that little second team that came in to play a USA. That's what that little team is. The select team is them sitting over in the corner like, Okay, who's gonna throw in this incubator of players. Okay, let's throw Cooper flags. Throw this is the next eight to you know, you know what I'm saying. That's what that that select team was about. So I can see him being amongst those players, you know what I'm saying. And I thought, actually, USA took a little page out of the national book, got guys like Holiday and white Baby to play that guard front like you you know them international guards. They got their hand on you, They ride you over picks, they are super aggressive. To play a little more aggressive, you need those gutty players. But yeah, that's what that select team is for. To curate some of that talent and he should be on the next Olympic team.
Speaker 5: All right, Next thing I got for you guys, we had a couple of contract extensions. We had go Bear sign a three year, one ten deal Sengoon Jalen Green three one oh six. Just curious with you guys. What was that contract extension situation like as a player and what was it like? Just kind of when you signed that doatter line because you guys had a few throughout your career.
Speaker 2: First off, shouted those guys man shout to Gobert, shout to uh shuangone, shout to Jayleen Green. I actually thought they should have got more than that. But I think those guys are just that first big deal too, right, chuangone is definitely worth two hundred That's just my own personal feeling. I think Jalen Green is actually worth two hundred two. When you talk about the anthony was the John Morans heat Jalen Green is in that conversation. It's being spectacular, He's explosive, he could he has all the trimmings to be your next superstar.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I like how I like how Houston looks.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I think they signed them at a deal right now, straight up, because if they had a waited like till next.
Speaker 2: Year, you know, he got a super super deal.
Speaker 4: They signed them at a deal.
Speaker 3: But you know, it is when you get that first deal and the money on the table, you like, hold on, this's my first big one. Let me get get that real quick and then we'll figure out the rest later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so that first big deal be everything because that sets up everything else after that and the yeah, man, it's nothing like that day. Man that when you know, everything changes too because you going to a different level of sophistication. If I'm being honest, you know I can definitely say.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, this is when you find out who real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, real shit.
Speaker 3: The first one like go Beart, he already on his second third way, But the young fellow, this is who you.
Speaker 2: Find out who real. Now I'm gonna be watching closely. Now I'm gonna be watching a little more close now. Cutting the grass. Yeah, you're finna cut the grass and see what all they hold on? Right, you know what, you sophisticate yourself too, because now you're in another another conversation of you know, you're able to invest, You're able to actually accumulate, you able to give opportunity, able to start opportunity. This is where you actually get all that off, you know what I'm saying. So you know, I look forward to those guys being able to continue to grow.
Speaker 1: You know the one thing though, I can.
Speaker 2: Never forget how you got here. You got to continue to work and you got to continue to reach levels and continue to push yourself. Always tell players, man, continue to dream, Man, don't don't do not get to the league and stop dreaming because it's multiple levels on this level. You know what I'm saying, that that's achievable. And yeah, good luck to those guys man, well deserving of it too. Man.
Speaker 5: Just for context, Pete, you signed a six year, eighty five million dollar extension in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: That's what that's for.
Speaker 1: Deal And yeah, the deal. Yeah, God damn.
Speaker 2: Boy, they got you for Mayon.
Speaker 4: Man, that's the eighth man in the.
Speaker 5: Like and then ticket for you. It was a record at the time. It was a six year deal around one hundred and twenty million. You probably know the exact amount, but it was around what year was that His was ninety seven yours was I believe two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: And so look so when you look at that, that tell you where we went as far as the collective bargaining agreement, because like in ninety eight we had a lockout and then you know, the owners was like hold on, right and think about it. He signed in ninety seven the max deal for over one hundred I signed a max deal in two thousand.
Speaker 1: And one eighty five.
Speaker 3: So that's that we took steps back in the collective bargaining agreement during that lockout, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But you also took steps forward now and yeah, you guys wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be where it is right right, absolutely so, but like we took a step back to take a step forward, definitely.
Speaker 2: Well, the economics of the league in the world was different than too. You know what I'm saying, we haven't even reached two thousand yet, we haven't even riched you know, if I'm being honest. And then I was in line. Yeah, people in front of me, you know, the ljs, the Webers, the Juwan's, you know, the I think, the the Lons of mornings, and everybody was in front of me, you know, So it's a line and yeah, they used that as to post the boy. They used me as to post the boy of the league going having rough times. Jordan left. As soon as Jordan left, the bottom fell out. They didn't really believe in the young stars. They didn't want to know me.
Speaker 3: He don't get enough credit for your for you, like the things you did for the league, Like not only was you the first one out of high school, so you already set that trend. Now you opened up the payWave with your contract, Like those stories need to get retold, like dog, he is a pioneer of like where the league is today, like the main pioneer for that. You know what I'm saying, Kids, like so think about our grades, how Lebron and Kobe and Dwyatt out of high school? Think about like that what the contracts is. Because he was able to he opened up a lot of doors to where the NBA is today, you know what I'm saying. And that need to be talked about more. And and it wrote about it, and I really need to have a movie.
Speaker 5: About that style of playing any of this either.
Speaker 3: I didn't even talk about the transcended the game like this this whole movie. Yeah, that needs to be talked about that needs to be like a fucking foundation of like the new wave of what the NBA is all about right now, like change the position. Change the contract opened up the door for high school kids, and they need to reopen that door for these kids who who who who right now should be able to get a job out of high school if it's offered like these these other kids who who come out of high school and all of a sudden the president of this company or or running this business like it shouldn't be no limit on age, especially in hoops sports opportunity, opportunity.
Speaker 2: They know what before before you had guys and Pete, I think the argument was said that some guys probably couldn't play straight out of high school, right Well, not the case today. Some of these kids I don't watching now, Well I'm like, no, they don't need to go to college.
Speaker 3: No, like Cooper Flag didn't need to go to he didn't again that kid Vinca right now listen, right now, right now, right now, I'm talking about like.
Speaker 1: Why we waiting, why laughing? Go this weight where?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But you know what too, man to add on to what Paul said, Man, you got to remember too, man, we were all part of this congramate a wave of players that was coming in. I was just the first to get to it. A lot of guys that you see me playing against, Paul fucking Vinced Tractor, all of the.
Speaker 1: Man, we all know each other.
Speaker 2: We all played against each other, you know what I'm saying at one point, right, So at one point I knew I was going to see all of them. I knew all of us was going to get to the league. The world didn't know what Vince Carter looked like. Probably the world didn't know what Paul Piers looks like. The world probably didn't know what Chauncey looked like. But I did. So when Man, that's what I'm saying, Bro, it could have been Ai, I could have been it was. It was a collective. And then back then none of us knew Code. Cole wasn't even knowing that. He wasn't even knowing.
Speaker 3: It like that, you know what I'm saying, was like a late he was a late rumer, Bro, like you knew. But it's just like you want senior year, No, not young, because it was Tim Thomas Lamar older than like before cod they was the names of the other classman under us.
Speaker 2: They was telling me, y'all gotta go see this guard man. It's a sixt eleven guard in New York right now. He held the ball at Kenny Anders. I was like, get the fuck out of here. Here it's a nigga and Patterson six nine.
Speaker 3: It is like a man playing against I watched Tim Thomas when I first saw him in ABCD camp.
Speaker 1: I was just going to my scene.
Speaker 3: He was going into his here year, junior year, and I'm looking like they was like, yeah, that's Tim.
Speaker 4: And I looked.
Speaker 2: I was like that ship he who are some more him? They ain't look like here this third year of college. It was crazy, That's what I'm saying. Like he to me when you say really mad child. Tim Thomas was the first man child you know. I mean you got Shae Cotton, but Tim Thomas man you talking about man child. I was like he was grown ready for the league as a sophomore and it was like sixty Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn the fuck.
Speaker 1: They're doing in passing?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dog? How would I saw you? You know in the starting five?
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 3: You know that show is dope. I've been watching a few episodes and stuff. I saw you doing some commentary on that.
Speaker 2: Big un I was that I was listen shout to Vinnie Man. Vinnie and Netflix got one man. I thought the concept was cool on what they was doing following it. Then we talked about the reality show being in the league and work.
Speaker 1: Man, they made it work.
Speaker 2: So you know, they asked me that I want to, you know, get my two cents on some of the ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So if you had to, if you had to r so, I think the show is a success.
Speaker 4: It's a hit. It's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Like if you had to pick a starting five for the next season, who would you pick right now?
Speaker 2: Well, I think some of the most interesting people. I think all they got first off, to be curious about someone his life is a whole different, right, But the fact that these these young men are open to opening up their lives says a lot.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I probably would have never done no ship like this ever, you know what I'm saying, But this is where we're at with it. I think Luca, all right, that's a good one, Luca, because because Luca. Look, look I don't know Luca, but I feel like I know Luca. You feel me. I feel like I party with Luca Luk like he's fun.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Like he look like he Luca looked like you.
Speaker 2: And him would have a unbelievable timing bass. You know what I'm saying, Shot and Luca to done.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Wimby, I love Young Wimby. I think I think him on his on his journey. I think seeing him him and hear and Chris Paul altogether, you know what I'm saying. Chris Shaye, I think Shay got SHAKEE do rock star ship. I think Shaye Shade two. I wish Shaye was in New York or some ship, you know what I'm saying, like or play for the Rafters or something, because I think we'll see a whole nother Hope Diamond type ship. But Shaye.
Speaker 1: Jay Brown, I think Jaylen Brown keeps it all.
Speaker 2: The way interesting, not just on the court, but now since he started a shoe company, since he's embarked on growing this black uh black black Wall Street up in Boston and really really really connecting with community and trying to bring it all together. I think that's an interesting story, you know what I'm saying, I've never seen a player in a well we could probably go through it, but man betting on himself with his own shoe, and he's just really like promoting blackness. I've never seen at this level right here. You know what I'm saying that we're not warn your stars.
Speaker 1: You know that's a good mix right now. No, no, And you know what Wiley.
Speaker 2: And B Man and B and B and B and B has another level to me in him and where I don't just think I think some guys think eating right is one thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Exercise, fitness, you know, running, heels, duration, stamina, all that shit means something man like I don't like I'm in the league watching fucking bron at what year twenty two still look saund walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I'm watching him.
Speaker 2: Bro. We all copied Mike Jordan, and Mike Jordan rule was that you came in camp in shape, and your best player, which was in best shape, you can go through every team.
Speaker 1: And that was the president, right.
Speaker 2: We got the brun We got the Broun effect. Now to where you see a guy he's telling you.
Speaker 1: You're on spinning bread on my body.
Speaker 2: I'm doing these.
Speaker 1: Things, bro.
Speaker 2: The league spost to follow that shit. I don't understand where we're getting the disconnect. That's why I'm trying to tell you, Pete, if you let him, he will if I give you two weeks to chill, for give you two weeks to heal, for give you three weeks to hear. Where you take the whole three weeks most gotten? Yeah, I'm gonna take the whole three weeks when no one has said, hey, let's get out here, let's get out here and push it. Come on, I want you know, I'm sure that you're gonna be You're gonna be sort See that's when you need them vettering them theom examples in front of you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I say all that to you know, go on something else.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 4: Look this will be my starting five.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's that's that's mine right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my starting five. After start a new one, I'll start off with LaMelo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like Mellow LaMelo or rock Star.
Speaker 1: I'm Gonnamelo. I don't know LaMelo for tv.
Speaker 2: TV.
Speaker 1: That's LaMelo.
Speaker 2: God damn that little mother. Everything he do is I thought, I'm definitely going he got money last night too. You know what I'm saying, forget about LaMelo. That's a good one. Pete good.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go ja Moran, Oh ship.
Speaker 1: List is done.
Speaker 2: I gotta retheeve my list, like, how y'all just.
Speaker 1: Do me the question and.
Speaker 2: Just you know what I'm saying, that's a that's a good as my list. Ship don't even don't even put my list out. We're going list And then I watched it right out. Then I gotta throw o G in there, one of the O G.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go jam Rosen because you know, from from the way, Yeah, he from around the way. You know, everybody don't know his story. Conftant cat ain't back on the west, and he back on the west. So you got that's my two young boys, Moran LaMelo. Gotta throw a couple of old heads. So I'm gonna go, uh the Rosen. Then I'm gonna go uh then my, my, my, my overseas Cat gonna be joker.
Speaker 1: Joking and Luca damn the probably joker right there.
Speaker 3: I gotta see what this little horse races is all about.
Speaker 1: He running back to that ship. Wait, that's something to that.
Speaker 2: That's something to that. It's something that ship that's like an underlining for something like the horse racing.
Speaker 1: Feel.
Speaker 3: And then about fifth would us say, uh, let's see it. I got two young guys, I got my overseas, I got the O G and then uh.
Speaker 4: Let's see IM gonna have to go Anthony.
Speaker 1: Edwards he already.
Speaker 4: That's right, right, that's right. Hold onhod not Anthony.
Speaker 2: No Shavee, No, you got shaf you know, Chef No, no, no, no, Kawhi no, Johannis, uh no, Jimmy, Jimmy was already on that.
Speaker 4: Hold on this one, got it?
Speaker 3: I mean I like all them cats, you know, probably KD, KD yeah, KD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. Yeah, that's a really good that's a better list to many.
Speaker 5: Pretty good.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because LaMelo, LaMelo is west West. You got putting behind the subscription, baby, you got pay walk. Let's get some gay picture the week. Let's get ahead. I'm down one too. You got you know what I'm saying. It's all good.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 2: Overall.
Speaker 3: About the lions by your six and nine lions, look right, don't think they did? And the ravens like I told you that, I told you Lamar, and that that.
Speaker 1: Beast man that was like mad. That was like mad, what what is this? What is this?
Speaker 3: Ravens is coming? They left something on the table last last year, can't hear? They felt like they left some on the table last year, Like, man, I forgot my car keys.
Speaker 1: Hold on hearing.
Speaker 5: Gonna start with some baseball. We got Game one of the World.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well your Dodge Lord?
Speaker 1: Where your dog ship?
Speaker 2: Nigga?
Speaker 1: We in l a what your Dodger ship? What's this? Actually?
Speaker 3: Actually, as a kid, I grew up a Giants San Francisco Giants. Then I adopted the Red Sox. But if I got to choose in this series and I got, I go with Dodgers. You got the Dodgers. This I just, you know, New York in New York. I can't I'm not New York. I'm you know, New York. I gotta keep them on the sidelines. This man love New York.
Speaker 1: That's what York. I actually love. I actually do love Tony. I just came past all of it.
Speaker 2: You feel me for your loves, y'all City y'all want to funk what he talking about?
Speaker 1: That man loves y'all. She lounges that man.
Speaker 2: Look that now, that man love the apple Man man hit bullshit.
Speaker 1: Man, I do love that.
Speaker 2: He love the apple Man. Want to place in the Apple again.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I said it, I said, I know it. You know what I'm saying. Hey, this is gonna be a good series.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You got star power.
Speaker 1: This is man.
Speaker 3: You got the two biggest stars playing against each other, Judge and Otani.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's gonna be saven. I just want this series to go savage. Want to see a really good series. Man. I guess if you take the Dodge with I'm supposed.
Speaker 4: To take the Yankees. I mean you can take the Dodgers too. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Overall? This is our sports record?
Speaker 5: So this is going on the count okount of Let's you said, I.
Speaker 1: Take the Yankees. I gotta my girl a Yankee fast. She'd be Friday night to Friday. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The game, Yeah, go to the game. I gotta go watching something. I gotta go watch it somewhere.
Speaker 2: Football Sunday, Sunday, Sunday Sunday and start cheating. Dog, get off my phone. Ain't you got another phone that's analytic?
Speaker 1: Get out your phone. Nigga got another phone.
Speaker 5: We got we got two young QB stars upcoming in the league. We got Bears at Commanders, Bears three point.
Speaker 2: This smoke right here, boy, we got the young the Bears that gets the command Williams. Who wants who you got? Who you're going?
Speaker 3: I don't know, dude, jayde I don't know Jay Jay. And Daniels Ribs is messed up right now. He hurt his ribs, so I don't know if I'm going Chicago. You're going Chicago in Chicago. That was fast because jaydon brib he messes ribs up. I don't know if if he backed though. God damn, I was Bears.
Speaker 1: To man, I like young fella back there, boyever listen.
Speaker 2: Man, but that he nasty, nasty, nasty. I was going Bars too. I'm I'm around Bears, all right.
Speaker 5: Give me Bears next. One of Cowboys at Niners nine Ers four point favorites.
Speaker 3: Man, Man, I'm I'm pulling no. Look, I'll never pulled for down, but I'm pulling for Dak on this one. I got that getting he gotta get it down. This is just because because Mike McCarthy on that hot seat, I think, Mike McCarty I need that to get well, come on, Dak, let's go, baby, Let's go on the grill.
Speaker 1: Let's go baby.
Speaker 2: Listenau, it's no man oh gosh, and I'm I'm going that. And I love CD lamb mana and see to step up and do it. We're going debo, y'all. A man ship for Niner game. They playing in Nate there they're man man the great Diggers. Get the hole ready that there's the heel. Dallas can't lose this game. That's what I'm saying. What they can't lose this game.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, next up, let's do some NBA. We got Mavericks and Sons on Saturday.
Speaker 2: On Saturday, Mavericks and Sons early Yeah, where at Sons? Ooh yeah? Who you like? Pete You Maverige, ain't going I'm going Mavericks. You've been riding the Sons. Listen, listen.
Speaker 4: I'm telling Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Dog, I'm telling you, it's gonna take them about ten games with a book, gonna be like, okay, yeah, I ain't got.
Speaker 1: A clay gonna show you why he went to Dallas.
Speaker 2: I think Dallas gonna be one of them teams. They get that rhythm, that second half.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Dallas went to the finals. They got a rhythm.
Speaker 3: Now them young boys down low the mother what's my big what's the big one?
Speaker 2: Mother? Guy in DC came from d CF.
Speaker 4: Gafford and Lively. Boy, they're gonna be above the rim.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: But they kept Tyson Chailer alive. Boy, they kept the Tights Chandler spirit alive down there.
Speaker 1: Didn't they.
Speaker 2: That's a whole move that's called the Tyson Chandler. Now you know that, the Tyson Channeler.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh Dallas, you got Dallas.
Speaker 1: That's shocking.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the cowboys and I'm taking the Mavericks. Oh man, this weekend? Yeah, shuthing up with that. You did say you can go to the marverage right now and I can get but see listen, people look so when I said pull in my comments, oh no, I gotta shoot something to these people talking about average six points in my last year. Yeah, because I only played twelve minutes, I said, give me thirty minutes. I'm gonna give you ten points. That's a fact today today.
Speaker 2: That shou sound good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Last week.
Speaker 2: I believe you too, would you say, oh the magic the grit? Oh damn give me the grizges at home, man, give me the grizzes. And I saw it man, I saw John Utah man.
Speaker 1: Man, he looked like video games.
Speaker 4: She was sleeping on my on my on my.
Speaker 1: Brothers wagoner frouds.
Speaker 2: Welcome up up, Look hey man, were Myphis man?
Speaker 1: Mocue man.
Speaker 2: We're on that barbecue man, we're on that a grid and ground man, we're gonna grind by cattle. No, you don't ground.
Speaker 1: We're gonna grind ronson bowlo. No, no, I use more no than yeah.
Speaker 2: Those are the picture of the weird h