Speaker 1: He's drink Champs, motherfucking podcast man, he's a legends eary Queen's rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agreed?
Speaker 3: Is your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop yoneer. Put up his DJ E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean, and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs mother.
Speaker 3: Every day is New Year's e. That's it's time for drink Champs. Drink up mother, mother.
Speaker 4: Would it good be? Hopefully what it should be? It's your boy in O R what up? It's d J E f N and it's drink Champs.
Speaker 2: Have y'all make some.
Speaker 3: Fucking u.
Speaker 4: And right and right now proud to announced that we are standing in front of two icons. So I'm saying that beyond legendary, this guy, one person, single handedly changed the way hip hop is being promoted, changed the way marketing is being handled advertisement. He has finessed every hip hop sneaker in the world has to have to have a connection to him somehow, some way. And then the other guy is one of the most powerful groups, one of the people personally I personally old tone because after I look at n R album, I always say, damn, I should have made track Master's executive producer because you guys was really their intricate in that whole album, and that's the album that made me a star. So in case these motherfuckers don't know who we're talking about, we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Steve Stout and Total track Masters, make some.
Speaker 2: Style.
Speaker 4: I want to start with you. You they say the origins of your career started with Kidding Play. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Damne, Okay, I started as their road manager, so you know, it's it's been a long journey since then.
Speaker 6: But like they put me on straight up, Like I got introduced to Whiz through a mutual friend and him like, okay, that's how I got on right.
Speaker 2: So now in the beginning, because you said.
Speaker 3: You was the road manager, would you just say I wasn't even the road manager, and I was just I was the roade. That's that's that's not the rest of the guy who checks in for the road manage. Give me advanced man, that's what I was.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise.
Speaker 7: Specific street case. I still don't know what that is. It looks fantastic, what is that it's Jonnkanese wskeuy just knowing about that?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: This is no no, no, no, no no no, this is open.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. He wanted some cigars, just tidads part against you know, just like work. We're gonna do this conversation.
Speaker 6: I don't want to move back nothing. Honestly, I'm going to get into this really really deep.
Speaker 3: Journalists a whole while. But his his his.
Speaker 4: You had an internet video on the internet recently that blew my mind. I think I called you and I told you I had a great idea because you were in Italy. I believe you were in customs, right, and these guys were trying to get you to pay for the wines.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand it. Okay, you tell your wine. I was bringing it back home and were charged me right. But the crazy thing was I was I was around a couple of.
Speaker 4: My friends and we was googling the actual bottles that you had, and this is some exclusive ship Like I felt like, I said, yo, this is rat class Like he's literally like I real because I spent money on alcohol and I literally don't know what I'll be doing, like just spending and these were there was a particular types.
Speaker 6: Of wines, right. It described that well, I can't remember what it what. I had an assortment that was going on vacation. I had to stop.
Speaker 3: Uh had a business thing and then I was going on vacation afterwards, and I just wanted to as in case I got there. It Actually it's what.
Speaker 6: I drink on a regular basis, not go want to drink like that's what. It just goes there like everything else, Like you know, you don't smoke the same weed you used to smoke.
Speaker 4: There's no no, just keep changing the ship.
Speaker 6: Right, So that's what it was, and they got they're flavoring over there in customs anyway. They just hit you with some wild Italian ship and just want you to just write a check for l scared.
Speaker 3: And ship because it's a talent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm like, it's Italian wine that shouldn't be paying customs on this.
Speaker 3: I bring it on, okay. Not tone?
Speaker 2: You was red hot tone, right hot love of tone?
Speaker 3: Red hot love of tone? So you did you start as an artist?
Speaker 8: I started as I started as an artist who couldn't find a producer. When I started producing my own music, wow, So then I became a producer, and then when did the artist thing?
Speaker 3: After? You know what, I produced a couple of weeks. What do you enjoy more being an artist or being a producer producer? I don't remember.
Speaker 4: One year, Tom, This is right after I believe it was wedding and I came to you and and I asked you. I said, Tom, I want a commercial record.
Speaker 9: And you said yes, I might have great worded it radio record, right, and your exact words need to see was now? He said, I feel like, all right, Nas was a star from Illmatic, right, he was a star, but he wasn't a superstar.
Speaker 2: Then after he worked with track masters, arguably that was his.
Speaker 3: Moment of superstarting. And I felt like at first you you you.
Speaker 4: Didn't like that because you kind of made him commercial a little bit?
Speaker 3: Or was that hard the merch.
Speaker 2: We got?
Speaker 3: I didn't even know there was merch?
Speaker 4: I like that, Okay, we don't know an.
Speaker 2: Mister Lee, can you brother be careful? You know your style.
Speaker 3: You're not that good, so so what's the question. It was not because at the time like.
Speaker 10: For commercial, yeah, you absolutely, I'm glad you did. I remember what you said after that too, You want me tell you what you said? You said, you said NAS was.
Speaker 4: The king of the Hood, and people getting they mad at me because I gave him these records. And he turned and he said, right now, you're the prince of the Hood, and I'll give you all the hard records in the world.
Speaker 3: You gave me, You gave me.
Speaker 4: All the hard records in the world, but you were staying away from like doing what you allowed L. E.
Speaker 3: S To produce. So I think I had a record with L. E. S. Chickle the barge.
Speaker 4: So so when NAS first received that commercial success, what you receiving backlash or something like that.
Speaker 8: We were We received backlash from the moment it was announced that track Masters were producing.
Speaker 3: It was never announced like that.
Speaker 11: Well it got out. It leaked out actually, so everyone was was afraid that NODS would be commercial when we would funk it up.
Speaker 3: Basically, you know what, what.
Speaker 12: Were you guys already before that, like what what tracks that people were worried about it.
Speaker 11: I think we had just finished.
Speaker 6: You had just finished l all but before that ship that broke off was the so so for real?
Speaker 11: Maybe so leading more towards R and B exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what we did, I mean the river that you that popped before that, didn't you do.
Speaker 2: On the run?
Speaker 3: But on the run L Street blue out, dis right, don't get jigging with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, it's walk now. He didn't get jiggying up with it.
Speaker 3: He's the whole ship. And you know he was like he couldn't you're getting right to the Naz. I wouldn't get back to the because yes, no, no, that's important, the uh Naz. It was written when you're coming off of illmatic, the.
Speaker 4: Issue I'd had, and you didn't manage him illic No, I was trying to manage him.
Speaker 6: And then right at the day I was going to meet him to get the whole ship going, was right after the Sauce Awards are the ones, the one where you know Snoop came out New York Don't got no love for okay, and now they got NASA got locked up. Yeah, Na's got locked up some ship and like the record company wouldn't even give him money to get his shirt, like it was some crazy, dumb, stupid ship. And I had just gotten a hold of him and just start took the people keeping you away from him, you know, like and like when we made it was written, it was like, how could you not make I Rule the World with Lauren Hill, like it makes perfect sense. That is a hip hop record, I Rule the World. It is a hip hop wrecking like it didn't make a difference what anybody said. And I felt like everyone kept on coming up to me or coming up to them saying, all y'all fucking nas up. I felt like it was every artist that just didn't want that good looking, young rapping nigga to.
Speaker 3: Be a superstar. They wanted him to stay it's like down.
Speaker 6: They wanted him to be like g Rapp. They wanted him to be like the underguy, but never make it. I'm like, no, fuck all of you guys, every single one of you guys. Fuck all of you guys getting all the money. And if it was Biggie or Tupac or Tribe or this or ever, it didn't even make a difference.
Speaker 3: Whoever, we got the full package. Now that was your idea to put a nads and track masses together. Yeah, I was already working with Tony and Polk. I was managing them and it was nas It was perfect right, And did you know did you know the impact that you think what you said? Okay, I like, I like the confidence got damn confidence. Man, this is what we're gonna fill up on some drinks. What we were doing telling you don't want to you right now we have tiger, We got taga.
Speaker 4: We gonna get the tiger bone in the second baby something that you Now, I want you to break that down because what.
Speaker 3: Kind of the guard? What what you know?
Speaker 2: We're from the hood.
Speaker 4: If you be smoking cigars just to just to put weeding them, I wanted to start smoking cigars.
Speaker 3: I want to start ship class. I want to start. Don't want you have doubts me. I got pictures on there.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm not I'm not you like that's a called hebra, right, I.
Speaker 3: Guess this is a you can tell. Okay, that's a fifty four. Now I'm saying the price. That's the price. That's the gauge. That's the gage of size.
Speaker 2: Miss fly right now, I smoked the guard that I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: It's some fly ship, man, it's some fly hip right there. Good and now now red wine? Why is why is is the bad wine more expensive? Is the most expensive than white wine?
Speaker 3: No? This is some specive white.
Speaker 6: Big I got one right here? How much is that the painting on who you buy it from. This is coach, this is white Burgundy, this goes.
Speaker 3: Had that get cry from friends? Now stout. They told me that your friends with Tom Brady? Is this true? Who the fuck is friends of Tom Brady's not gonna lie only god, I know, I know Tom Brady.
Speaker 6: We used to hang out. We used to play college with Tom Brady. This great Tom Brady story set.
Speaker 3: Like I know Tom Brady. Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't have yes, yes, yes, I know a lot of people have been around it. Don't got Tom Brady number, got damn.
Speaker 3: To hang out that button man, You talk that Tom Brady would play on a Sunday Tom all right before he did the TV twelve ship, he was doing all the regular human ship.
Speaker 4: He was doing humans ship. We knew Tom Brady to be a human. Now you also was working with Genius. Correct, you have a steak in Genius.
Speaker 3: I'm on the board.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: I know it's from Flash.
Speaker 13: I just.
Speaker 3: I just doing some fly ship right there.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now it was a time where Tupac was actually beefing with Masters.
Speaker 2: Correct what what what was that like for for you guys?
Speaker 3: Because that was two total icons that would that you know. I'll tell you the story. Okay. So I was working at Innis Corp.
Speaker 6: At the time, and I had heard the Tupac album and he had that song where he was shipped on just hit him, hit him, shipped on everybody, and he shipped on Oas and but not.
Speaker 3: Don't hit him up, hitting on Naves on a different record. But I know what you're talking about. It was on the same It was you.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, it was him, Nas and Malty. I was thinking on.
Speaker 3: Everybody and then.
Speaker 6: Like I spoke to Nads about it and we were at the it was the MTV Awards in New York, which was it was tense.
Speaker 3: Because it was Death Row East and you know whatever that looked like and what it dethroast was just the homies from the New York right. Well, it was Eric b was.
Speaker 6: Was the president of Death Row East and we were in Brian Park that that that that that that those awards with because bone Thugs destroyed the show. They opened it, they shut that fucking thing down. And then anyhow, and it was tense and big and puff and all that. It was gonna be there and it was supposed to have been ninety five because Jay was there and uh we went to Brian Park and Sons NAS was there and we seen them guys coming and it was it was deep and the Nas made a call and then it was it got really tense in the middle. But I did see in the beginning Nas and Tupac when they got into the center and it was all around them. Tupac was like, Yo, you're the king of New York man. This it was like, no disrespect. It was that kind of conversation. And Shug came running in like he got there like like twenty seconds after the fact.
Speaker 3: And ran in boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom, and.
Speaker 6: It was like around the situation going like yo, what's going on? You know, like and started and he looked at.
Speaker 3: Me, like, what are you doing? I just seen you in La in a scope. Yeah, he looked at me, recognized me from being within his scope. But he still Meanwhile, you know, Jungle got the motherfucking on this nigga, and it's looking I'm looking at the toe.
Speaker 6: I'm look He's get at me, and I can see the toast on him, and like these two guys going out.
Speaker 3: It was a very tense situation that thankfully worked out. Okay, it worked out okay that night, because it could have been really ugly that night. You know, they were in New York.
Speaker 4: And you know, you know, of course, of course, So yeah, I want to hear it get more because you know, I never met Tupacs, so you know, I want to, like I want to.
Speaker 2: We're gonna come.
Speaker 3: Back to it, definitely, We're coming on the twentieth.
Speaker 4: This is the twentieth or twenty one anniversary of the firm in my correct twenty as long as drenth.
Speaker 14: Of the matter is, you know what, Like, I don't want to give everything an anniversary like that, but twenty years deserve the twenty except the album.
Speaker 6: Well, the album could have been better. The album should have been better. If it's too much talent, it was, it was a monument.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. Man, I don't think you feel like that. I think this. Tell me. That's what I think about everything. Twenty years. Okay, that's how I think about it.
Speaker 11: I think Down was dope. We just I think we dropped the wrong first scene.
Speaker 3: What phone top That wasn't the first Yeah, yeah, well no, it was a lot of different things. I mean it was it was you guys were making the get the Will Smith album down here, and yeah, doctor Drake came down here.
Speaker 6: We were we were in a milliate a Stefan studio down here. We had the whole ship lockdown, and we were making Will Smith's album. Uh, finishing the ours record, big of my man.
Speaker 3: Estabaugh's Kitchen is one of my favorite restaurants. I had to throw that out there. Is a fantastic first he's he's fantastic.
Speaker 2: You know, he got like a mister Child style a restaurant.
Speaker 3: You know, he has two thousand employees. God damn space, He's tremendous. Was the craziest member.
Speaker 6: He was buying blocks down here, all the shipped down here with your spiders.
Speaker 3: He was, he was.
Speaker 6: He was buying blocks down here twenty years ago for a half a million dollars for the entire block. And he was buying them im parcels.
Speaker 3: God damn it, stole keep talking. Yeah, and is fucking nuts here go he owns all those kids, the motherfucker. He's when you be low, you buying. So who's the craziest member of the front. Throw it out there, Go for it, Go boy, come on. Now you hear out, you're hearing out stuff crazy crazy in old way, crazy easy. It could be great, it could be bad, it could be whatever. They know, you know what so funny about this show. They know like let the alcohol kick in.
Speaker 14: There.
Speaker 3: There's pre and this post. Somebody's job is to look at everybody's eyes. And he just came out. It's all to Jim. It's about pacing this off. You know, there's there's no water.
Speaker 4: No, we got water for we got water, got your bag, hang out my water water we're professional bus.
Speaker 3: Oh, Rather, what was the craziest session, like a firm session? What was.
Speaker 11: Craziest firm session?
Speaker 3: I mean the bends with mhm my solo though not the firm. You didn't go up there when we were there recording, not for the firm. You would when fifty was up there. Yeah, when I was doing something, you know, I never Yo, we gotta talk about it. But that document, Yo, me and you. We're getting there now, we're going there. No, no't worry about We're gonna get there. Werena have to get there. We're gonna get there. I'm problem, We're gonna get take a sessions. I was by the way, I was just orchestrating everything. Maybe we had this whole entire time. You fifty yes, nah, yes, the firm, the thing, what's his name?
Speaker 6: The nigga from my neighborhood that I put on that turned into a fucking psychopath.
Speaker 3: Okay, the little producer dude shot money. Oh all these guys he didn't have.
Speaker 2: You know, let me let me tell you something stuff. I always you felt like.
Speaker 6: Drying into a psychopath because I think that this is how I feel about everything. If somebody puts you on in life in any way, shape or form, that's it.
Speaker 3: Man. You disrespect for Ami. It's disrespectful effort. You see what what you just said?
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 3: I was a roadie, I got kidding, played Wiz, I met Wiz DJ Whiz.
Speaker 6: I would not be here where I am right now if it wasn't for DJ Whiz putting me on full stop. It's how it goes. And if I'm in your business, like when you got guys hair, you did shit like I don't think that anyone should be shipped on. If they're pushing culture forward and they're trying to get shit done, and I think people they make a sport out of it because It's easy to make a support out of it and sensationalize making fun of somebody or shitting on somebody or whatever whatever. But at the end of the day, like it's our job together to push this thing forward.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm here. I'm here because I've watched this man bro and I would have never done this. I didn't even fuck with him at all. I used to fuck with him and I could not stand with his Don't that says not let's let's go. Haven't had a shot? But no? What was what was one of the craziest firm sessions? What was the one that stand out to you? There were none with the were but your home? Open the door, my man is at the dog. We got you? There were none? Or they were you said, it's rich Paul at the dog.
Speaker 2: Hey, yo, has hold that up for one second?
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 12: Drenk Chance Army reproductive rights are human rights right. Planned Parenthood invites you to join them in the fight for affordable birth control for all, because access to birth control should not be a luxury. The Trump administration recently rolled back birth control coverage, allowing employers to deny insurance coverage on religious or moral grounds. Sixty two point four million people across the country benefit from birth control. This is happening right now. If you think birth control should be a right, not a privilege, it's time to get loud. Get involved by texting Champs to two two four to two. That's chance c h A m P s to the number two to two for to two. No one should be able to take away your access to birth control. Not politicians, not your boss, not anyone. Text Champs to to two for to two, and Planned Parenthood will periodically text you ways to fight back. Message and data rates may apply.
Speaker 2: Because was this your first time collaborating with doctor Dryden?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think I think the most memorable thing.
Speaker 3: Up in Miami. It was a fight Doctor Dre's man kicked somebody. It was some crazy shit.
Speaker 6: You don't remember name, Damn you do remember that as fuck. There were some crazy stories in Miami. Man Will Smith got mad.
Speaker 3: Nobody was.
Speaker 2: We don't want to put Will Smith on an album?
Speaker 15: Is that?
Speaker 3: What happened was snapping on doctor Dred.
Speaker 2: You know, Will got jokes.
Speaker 3: Will got jokes. Remember the swiftness? A lot of terrible So so why y'all y'all think so?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 3: You remember nothing.
Speaker 4: Why do you think the Firm was wasn't bigger? Like that was the first time East Coast Like this was two monuments.
Speaker 3: First time first music Doctor Dre made after he left out the bro was NASA's coming on NASA's album and the first project on Aftermath was the Firm. It was brand new ship.
Speaker 6: Niggas had to toning Pope was big and they're all right, and they you know, they weren't like you know, they were splitting the album and you know, Fox he was loose, Cannon, what's his thing?
Speaker 3: Cormega was in out. We could go that he was in and out the Firm. He was getting very you know, he was belligerent based off of his status. This kid nature which is beligitamate me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that was the big words.
Speaker 3: Like he just like yeah, it was mad, angry, upset.
Speaker 4: Because why did he exactly get kicked out of the group. Back then, like people work through their problems. We didn't have the internet, so most of the times people will go behind the scenes that work out the problems. But he was actually you guys have to take it a measure to actually kick him out of the group and replace him, even if he would have got kicked out of the group.
Speaker 3: Back then it was usually the three members move forward. But so what happened in that situation? You remember he not shouted it out when he was he was in jail on ill, he was over car Meaca. Did you see him together when he.
Speaker 6: Got home, before he even got came back around, even fucked with nas or funk with us what he was doing.
Speaker 3: He signed them, Chris, we skipped him off.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, stop going too fast?
Speaker 3: I like, so, what wasn't even that fast? You said? Lunch?
Speaker 13: You saying, nah, shouted him out? The bus started from that that shout out. He comes home and he goes sign somewhere else. But was there a conversation, not even a conversation get out of here?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Wow, No, I never knew that, I thought because it looked like our okay you and for dudes that don't know Chris lighty god bleed us. The debt was my manager and was it was like you was either with with Chris or you was with Stout at that time, y'all was the two by or Mark Pitts was out there as well, like as far as management.
Speaker 3: Go at that time, and Flavor Unit to keep a flavor unit.
Speaker 2: Was kind of like just flavor unit like they want.
Speaker 3: It was it was he You're right, it was it was if you wasn't he was with me and Chris. It was either you were me, you were Chris. It wasn't even management. It was more than just management.
Speaker 15: It was just like.
Speaker 3: We control the market, right, and it was like bad boy. Then you had violator what they were doing, and then you had a sense of what we were doing. And if you weren't with that, we controlled the market in New York. We did. That's right. Talk that shit now, well that's the truth. Talk that ship. You can verify it. You can verify you got the computer. You got computer guy. There was nowhere to go right now. Twenty years later, you think Nas would be his businessman that Nas turned out to be. He asked you that question the other day. I'm proud of him, bro, Like.
Speaker 4: I'm seriously, he's out there looking good with Nicki Minaj, out there looking good.
Speaker 3: Game boy. Yeah, he's special. He's a special duty. But he got in on lift, he got it on everything. He's first of all, his manager, Anthony Salad is like, you know special, he's talented.
Speaker 6: I mean these guys are all cut from the same cloth, like very resourceful, trying to figure it out. And Nas is one of the most trustworthy people he would ever meet. He could read you and if he he fucks with you and he trusts you. I never had a management contract with Nuts never. I never, ever, ever, ever had to even think about getting paid from him.
Speaker 3: I'd be I'd have four hundred thousand dollars in cash and he wouldn't even know or Karen like, he's not like that. He doesn't move or for money, but he likes nice things or whatever, but money don't move him. So it was never about if he trusts me, he funcsured you. That's what it is.
Speaker 6: So Anthony, you know, just kept moving it forward and got him involved in technology. I introduced Nas to this's guy Ben Horowitz, who's the you know, leading venture capitalist who happens to love rhymes, and him and Nas hooked up.
Speaker 3: I put him together and then, like Anthony.
Speaker 6: Outside of that relationship started creating other relationships in Silicon Valley and Na shows.
Speaker 3: Up now shows up on time. What made you fall back on management? Like like that was a lot of money, like just in that business, correct, am I saying that crazy motherfuckers like you.
Speaker 6: I think I went from managing artists and I wanted to manage companies. It was just like I still feel like I'm managing, just managing corporations rather than managing individual artists.
Speaker 3: But I love artists, and I love special artists, the guys that are really talented that that what they do can't be replicated, and I have a lot of deep respect for it.
Speaker 6: And my job as a businessman is to make sure that people leave them the funk alone so they could just c they to do and create, and leave them alone and give them the money and the resources and the environment to be great.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now, who was the easiest artist to ever produce for it?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 11: You were, You were pretty good.
Speaker 8: Yes, we walked in the studio, I said, I got the track, you said, everybody get out the room.
Speaker 3: I play right up, and you went to work. But it's between.
Speaker 11: Jay and Knuts, both very easy to work, easy.
Speaker 4: To work, that's very politically correct, correct.
Speaker 3: Lying dreams right, No longer.
Speaker 11: He's the easiest artist.
Speaker 4: He's the easiest artist. He always has his ship prepared. Now let me give you another one. What what was an artist that you you was disappointed in like, you went to work with them and they work ethic wasn't there at all.
Speaker 3: They fell asleep, the truth asleep. Don't say nature, don't say nature. Don't show up, just dream man. You'll put some shots. Good.
Speaker 11: You gotta come on, Honestly, I don't know. I'm not disappointed at anybody.
Speaker 3: You made the pre said Whitney Houston disappointed him. God, damn it.
Speaker 15: Come on.
Speaker 3: You gotta give her something, he said. Whitney Houston could not hit the notes that he wrote for. He said she was racking the studio. He said that right. He said that right. You'll see you sitting that right now. He said that, we're just keeping it real rail. Yeah. Fox was tough to work with now now yeah, yeah, like whoy yeah, Like.
Speaker 11: She was just young at the time.
Speaker 3: Besides y'all as well, that's all. That's another good story. That was depth story.
Speaker 8: She was young, Okay, So I think the start I'm coming at her really fast. Was hard to get her in the studio and really and really work. But when she arrived at the studio, she got busy. He was just getting it there on time.
Speaker 3: And seventeen. She used to come with a book back cow found facing man, what don't discover? First? Describe what these hold on?
Speaker 8: We just grew up honesty at Washington, Washington, grow up from Brooklyn, from Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got you from Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: We like a queen's nigga, like so I always just claimed you in my mind, like using from queens, like you know what in my mind?
Speaker 3: Drinking that is that what it like?
Speaker 2: It's a tradition. Okay, it's a tradition.
Speaker 3: Okay. Now, I don't know if y'all know about drink chants, but drink champs is I've seen.
Speaker 4: There was not a platform that when people get ten years or people get twenty years or fifteen years in this game, people want to write them off. People want to say that these guys ain't doing it no more. Because whatever he had drink chants. We'd like to salute our people, like to give them their flowers while they could smell them, give them their thoughts while they can tell them they drink so they can drink them, and they thoughts when.
Speaker 3: They can think them.
Speaker 2: You understand I'm saying, So he had drink chants, we are saluting you.
Speaker 3: Steve stops everything you did in this business. Everything you did this business and we know y'all don't expect y'all.
Speaker 2: Not about Big.
Speaker 3: It's terrible. What's it's actually horrible?
Speaker 2: Now you worked a big before?
Speaker 3: What joint you work with Big?
Speaker 11: Let's see, there's a discrepancy, by the way.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get to that in a second. Let's discrepancy.
Speaker 10: We did a juicy Juicy, the original Juicy, Yes, but no, there's no.
Speaker 3: Um that was talking about talking don't worry about me, he juicy. We did the One More Chance. Now y'all had a discrepancy seeing that my good friend of our visa produced with No Weed.
Speaker 11: Say that there was a conversation.
Speaker 12: There was a conversation because I would assume that's the only time we would have talked about Juicy.
Speaker 2: No, he said one more Chance.
Speaker 3: No, I know what discrepancy he's talking about. You were talking about with.
Speaker 4: Little Seeds was on here and late Little Seed says, nis was supposed to be on Bigg's album.
Speaker 3: Is that it right?
Speaker 4: And uh, we said that now it's supposed to be on One More Chance, But he wasn't.
Speaker 3: He was supposed to be gonna give me the loop.
Speaker 8: I don't know which record he was going on okay, but when y'all started talking about One More Chance being one of the greatest records in hip hop, he didn't give track masses.
Speaker 2: We gotta put correct respect.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell y'all something. I'm gonna tell yall something.
Speaker 4: I was so honest to work with y'all, like because it was y'all and Clark can't. I gotta give Clark can't. Like I just used to write rhymes. I wouldn't. I didn't know how to count bars. I didn't know how I would write rhymes, just write hook separate. I wouldn't know how to put them ships together.
Speaker 3: And I remember going to Bisville and I remember you, just you and Polk and just pulling me.
Speaker 4: To the side and being like you got the talent. It's just fucking everywhere and you and I just appreciate that. I appreciate you know the uncle Land I gotta say, like I felt like an uncle. Like when I was at Bes, like you you knew this is what it was. We was finishing an an R E album. I was all over the place. I rented Miami and went and it was your idea. He was like, Yo, Nor, I can't get you to focus in New York. You're gonna come to Beersville. They lied to me.
Speaker 2: They definitely didn't tell me what Beersville.
Speaker 3: Once, it's like, yeah, you want to go up there, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Everything closed at five o'clock. If you don't got your phillies, you fucked up. You don't got your cigarettes, you don't got no.
Speaker 3: List that you fucked up. You remember Philly being up there? Yes? I was.
Speaker 2: Did I remember I did two records for fifty?
Speaker 3: That was RB. You don't remember that was RB.
Speaker 4: Yes, because I did the two records for fifty, and I asked you.
Speaker 3: I felt like I be and you always about the firm. You feel like I didn't give you time about you. He got casted a rest, then he got carried away, you know.
Speaker 6: And I'm sitting there going like I'm putting everybody on. I'm sitting at the I'm taking the responsibility and I'm putting everything on. I got fifty out of his contract. He's with jam message. I got him out the contract, got him in, took shot money from the hood, brought shot money.
Speaker 3: In to him. The Bibel didn't go Snory Norid was in between. This ship wasn't right. This ship wasn't right, nigga, he talented. Your ship ain't right. Come up to Bearsville and these and these zis was up here. It was showing him pop and it was the producers under up and they were orchestrated. We had three rooms going to fatile fatales. That's right.
Speaker 6: And we was up there and we were getting busy making That's what the power of the dollar was made.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 3: And I just so I want to records on that. I'm on. I'm gonna. I forget the name of them ships.
Speaker 4: But yeah, man, I came around, I felt the energy, and that's where it was where our little problem has started was because I think I called him. I said Fifty's album. I was wanting to get paid or something. He was like, I ain't paying you for no fifty record. I said, a god, I think y'all. I was saying beef with fifty at this time. And then it just all trickled down.
Speaker 3: But it's all up.
Speaker 4: We are here to date and we are having fun and we're gonna drink some of your special white wine.
Speaker 2: God damn, we don't got a call open.
Speaker 3: That's what I was like, you got a specific chankey jacket.
Speaker 7: I'll cut a jacket at that style that many jacket on too.
Speaker 3: And he came and crush all my jackets. I'm here. This is all his cases are.
Speaker 15: Yo.
Speaker 4: Man, let me tell you something, Stout. You gotta teach a class or rap class. We're gonna call it rap class where you sit down and you teach niggas. Niggas don't know code, but they don't know what's the difference between Did he just say a fifty five miller? He said, what did he saying? He said, this is a fifty five.
Speaker 3: Nobody don't know that you got a fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm trying to say you should.
Speaker 3: It's to be mad funny. He got me jadakiss and like a Jim Jones. And you're sitting us down and you're teaching us to wrap class.
Speaker 7: It's called rap class. And you said, this is how you drink a maryllow. Most people don't know you drink a red wine with a steak.
Speaker 3: People don't know that. They just drink with the drink and drink whatever those a This goes right with a blood? Can you open it up on the staffs. I want you to do that. So okay, Now, why isn't a Z. Why didn't a Z like be just to sig ship y'all. I just had this conversation with son about a Z easy honestly.
Speaker 14: Oh.
Speaker 3: First of all, if he was an actor, he'd be a fucking suit star because you even watch him in the in the in the interlude him, no, no, no, no, no, you ever watch him in the interlude when the Biggie video in the beginning with me they rolling, they're playing for.
Speaker 6: Money and ship, they're playing with monopoly money. You know, look at a Z and that that he's he's fucking and it worked really hard, and he was all about the business.
Speaker 3: People forget.
Speaker 6: Even after the rhyme on Life's a Bitch, he delivered the rhyme again though on more money, more murder.
Speaker 3: People thought his penses fall off after that more money, more murder. His rhymes is also hot. He wanted to always make sugar hell. He just wanted to.
Speaker 6: He wanted to make commercial, commercial records. He wanted to make that type of ship. And I think he had he didn't have a great management around him, and.
Speaker 3: He just wasn't He didn't have enough talent for the for what was coming out at that time. It was it was vicious, the amount of rappers that was. I think, what do you want? He didn't.
Speaker 6: No, he had to work ethic and he had to he he was a polished person, show up, deliver, He could act, He'll play it all out.
Speaker 3: He was that type of guy.
Speaker 6: But if when you had to write the rhymes and do it over and over, he didn't give a shit about that. He showed up with NASA's on the record, but outside of that, he wouldn't write, He wouldn't do it. Listen to his music. I never felt like, no, that's your memory. Even you know, certain things.
Speaker 3: Age back like you listen to it, you think it's joking and you go back, you listen to it like, I can't believe I like this ship. Damn you ever did it? Like you fall in love and some like even if you go look at Star Wars right now, you see the streams like, there's certain things just don't age well. And you just got to be honest about that. Ass rhymes in age well outside of more money and life's a bitch, that's all. And so you never managed him? Why was that? Why didn't you?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: He just said it. Why didn't I manage it?
Speaker 6: I because managing artists and all that ship wasn't really what I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Wife, I didn't really want to do.
Speaker 6: That wasn't the career I wanted to build myself on being a manager of artists. I just felt I just wanted to keep doing more ship, more ship, and trying ship. And my first big break came the first producer I managed. This kid he was he was a Jehovah witness.
Speaker 3: This is really funny. Listen to this excuse us Jehovah witness. And back then getting equipment was so hard to get as a producer. If you had equipment, you could basically ring your equipment out for credit. You can basically say I produced half the record if I just if you use my equipment.
Speaker 6: That's how scarce equipment was. And Herbie Lovebug was jerking everybody up.
Speaker 3: He was a thief, thief.
Speaker 6: This kid, this kid, I don't beat this kid that where has introduced me to And the guy his name is Steve Kinton. You'll never hear his name again, probably, but Steve kit he's a Jehovah witness. He's producing records for Salt and Pepper and he's not taking credit, but.
Speaker 3: He's getting fined magic every guy, these guys on lot. So anyhow, the kid does all this shit. So I meet him, I'm like, and it's similar the same shit I met you to him. I meet the kid and I'm like, yo, man, you don't have to even fuck with these guys.
Speaker 6: I'll buy you the equipment. I was doing real estate at the time I bought the kid. I went to sam Ash bought the you know all the rolling ship and it was like a Christmas list. He gave me the shit he really wanted. He made up extra shit. I bought it for him and we started producing. And the first thing we did was the theme song for the Martin Lawn show, The Friend That Martin. We took that from the deaf comedy jams Us Kicking Pree the Martin launch the theme song I Do Martin Martin to sleep morning.
Speaker 3: When I was ros right, yeah, when I was the roadie, Morton Lawrence was the opening eye get the fun. I knew Martin Lawrence like the guy that was just like the like he was just the regular dude, Like we were right there. And when he blew up and got a show, and he's like stop. He helped me out.
Speaker 6: I said, I can make the theme music for you. I got the kid Steve to do it. He made that and he got the publishing off for that. He's still eating and he's a full Jehovah witness. I have not heard from him, but back then he was afraid did.
Speaker 3: Jehovah Witness thing. I'm not gonna bring that in because he was afraid to take credit for music because it was against his religion.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, earlier, you just said you described the video with the Jay I think that was the jay Z video.
Speaker 3: We said it was a jay Z video with Big and now what's that the beginning of Nas and the whole.
Speaker 4: Dispute because of that because they were saying that it was dead President's I believe, yeah, it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: Now the rumor is that it was Jay wanted Nas to come to the video.
Speaker 6: I don't know Jay and Nas knew each other before I knew either of them, So I don't know what the beginning of that beef was, but it was definitely just in New York City.
Speaker 3: It was just like who's the best rapper? You know? And like that's the beginning of that beef us. I mean, I guess it was just normal young anyway. You gotta remember that niggas are twenty five years old? Is it twenty five years old?
Speaker 6: With millions of dollars and really millions of dollars and really twenty five years old?
Speaker 3: Correct? And like so that's the perfect concoction for stupid shit, a lot of money and young. It's mancho shit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so the macho ship led to a bunch of dumb ship which led to a bunch of beefs.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't any None of it was really real.
Speaker 6: Except those guys have the greatest respect for one another, I mean the greatest.
Speaker 4: That's one of the things that did age well, like you just said you just mentioned earlier, like a lot of things don't age well.
Speaker 3: That's something.
Speaker 4: For a perfectly like I look at that big but back then, let's just subscribe back then, like back then, Takeover comes Out?
Speaker 3: Are you worried you're a guy who's been in career.
Speaker 4: Both of you guys have been in no career at least since his second album.
Speaker 3: I need to tell them keep it real. Takeover comes Out.
Speaker 6: You got to put yourself right in this specific situation. Where were you or now is the time? At the time, the whole thing and.
Speaker 2: To coad sign the story.
Speaker 4: There's a different Ether out there, like before Ether became Ether, there was another another record.
Speaker 3: Ye, another version, there was another version. I have heard about this. I heard it. I was I was in student one day. I was like, Holy it was a little worse. No it wasn't. I don't different record. I remember the whole but go ahead.
Speaker 11: I was worried after Nights was dumb Rich.
Speaker 3: Tell me when we're not clean, bro, we got you. Okay, you thought Nins was done from Takeover? Did really?
Speaker 2: It was only one shot at NINS if you think about it.
Speaker 3: He just said, tell Nis, you know I've seen him performing that. That's no. That was no, no, no, no. He put the third verse on that thing on takeover or you think it's super ugly. No, okay. He first said the first thing where he said he did that summer didn't want to hold right, and then he did the freestyle he said he went through bees first left freestyle.
Speaker 4: You would douce that freestyle too, right, I think that was I think so, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Did not then Jay does takeover? I think status wanted to be say correct.
Speaker 3: So you said I was wearing he was wearing Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 8: I seen him before the record and he gets to the part of where he goes, who's the best some see Biggie jay Z and then he goes nah nah and then Takeover comes in and I watched the crowd.
Speaker 11: I was like, this ship is a problem.
Speaker 3: Wow. So yeah, I was nervous for NAS.
Speaker 11: I was nervous for NAS.
Speaker 3: And how about you, Stole? Was you nervous? Nervous is an understanding? J J and I became friends. We became really friendly, uh around that time before that, and.
Speaker 6: Jay's a very secretive dude, and he had never told me that he was doing that or any of that kind of ship.
Speaker 3: So I kind of felt betrayed. I, Alice, felt like it was all ployed.
Speaker 6: Just to like there wasn't really a friendship. Actually that's what I felt like. You did like you and I thought I was a friendship them. I'm like, this ain't no real friendship and you're gonna just shop on this guy. You're not gonna tell me. And I got the Hammerstein Ballroom and he performed it and I'm in the raptors. The Hamisteen Ballroom is like a fitter and ship and it has like those like opera fucking balconies. And I thought the ship was going to snap and break. That's how crazy it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And that was young Kanye West on the beat, right, And I totally forgot Kanye Kanye produced to take over. Yeah, he forgot that. Yeah, So that was young Kanye on the beat. And I was nervous.
Speaker 6: I thought NAS's career was over and and and Nas was really in no position to the way he was carrying himself the way he was.
Speaker 3: He wasn't taking it as seriously he was. He was a lot of shit.
Speaker 6: He was dealing with man, his baby mom ship, just a lot of ship man. You know, Naas takes care of a lot of people.
Speaker 3: And then he didn't.
Speaker 4: And actually back then, because it wasn't people thought it was over. It was that his response was kind of slow, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think it was like three months Kay's Steve style. Okay, okay, So what happened was this, I'm gonna take some of else to rison. We made the he's rigging that coach. So what happened was taking time with that. Okay, stop shot me whole one stop, let me know if I got.
Speaker 2: Let me know if I got a little bit like that, you know what I'm saying. Perfect, And then.
Speaker 3: And then the old did too much. That's like one he supposed to be like grand class. You go more into shows right now? Ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so all right, the takeover is out.
Speaker 3: Now you to this story. Yeah, everybody said, please, I just want to make sure everybody's into it. Everybody's into it.
Speaker 2: And they told used to have a light crowd, usually have more people.
Speaker 4: We told them to lack of crowd because you said you have something important to say when we're gonna about what else?
Speaker 3: But we keep so anyhow, okay, So so the whole ship's like a fucking mess. And I don't know that part of it.
Speaker 6: But I had that beat. That was the first beat that I had that I gave Nous the beef of Ether. I took the beat. I gave it to Nows on the album first, not for eth, just to make a record. I forgot what this ship reminded me of. It reminded me of something, and I'm like, yo, this ship right here and nas he didn't like the ship, so him and I we went We went through a really tough time. That was a really that was the lowest point of our relationship during that period of time.
Speaker 3: Beating nows and I we we we weren't speaking. I was executive producing that album.
Speaker 2: And you're saying in between after takeover, takeover happens, take over to.
Speaker 6: Eth I'm not speaking. Yeah, I'm not speaking to us. We're not we're working together. But like you know, like a bad man very distance, you come, we come home.
Speaker 3: And when you say the first bing you gave him literally like you that you say, I think this when I when I when I when I make.
Speaker 6: Music, when I work with artists, I get involved in every aspect of how you injured versus how to fucking chorus, ship the beats, the whole program.
Speaker 2: So you're like, damn near production.
Speaker 3: I just never took hit a producers, mad. I get what I do.
Speaker 6: He gets credit for what he does. You know, I just have a point of view, right, So, and I gave it to him, and he he didn't funk with it. Ninety sweat to him for months and he worked on the album.
Speaker 3: He made that album. I forgot the name of the album God's Son, though, No, I think that's that's not hip hop it still matter still. I was just saying the woman with the bird the peon still still believe. So we're not working on this ship together.
Speaker 6: And like he calls me and the album is about to go to mastering, and I go to the studio and he plays me ether it's like two in the morning and he uses that beat.
Speaker 3: Now we weren't even speaking.
Speaker 6: So the fact that he even called me to the studio the night before mastering was because he wanted me to hear, like, did I go too far? As this fucked up? And I get there two in the morning and Jungle is on some foxed out you know, fuck that yo stop, fuck yo, no no, and I'm listening to this ship and I'm like, I take off, Michael, We're staying here all night.
Speaker 3: We got to fix this. This is a mess. This is a mess.
Speaker 6: If this ship comes out, your career is over. And he made the record, but there was a version. There was a different version of it with the same beat that was terrible.
Speaker 3: Thank you for hitting the AC but then it was a beat. It was terrible. It was horrible and like and like and you know it was it was the proper response for what he was in I mean, that's a heavyweight man.
Speaker 6: By the way, when you see Nas and Jay together, it's like looking at Ali and Fraser. It's like two guys like we were coaching each other in together fucking face because hard as we can, and we were respecting how.
Speaker 3: Much we could take the punches to the face. That's what they did. You never seen no ship like that. This wasn't no l O CUJ battling Kumo D after the Kumo D was already on the way out and this this is this is happening. This is happening at the right time, and.
Speaker 6: Like and somebody's gonna lose and somebody's gonna win, and that's what's gonna happen. And the fact that they did that and nobody got shot and nobody got stabbed, that's what we should be fucking bigg en up right now.
Speaker 4: Because what it wants to I think both of them, I think that was both of their best time of leadership because they were actually saying that to their cruise like yo, this is like this is on the record, like they were actually saying that, Like you know, I remember Jay had to their freestyle on with the everybody on Hot ninety seven. And he went up there and me rhymes with I think that's when he first got his Phillies boys and Nina's.
Speaker 3: Had called me and was like, Yo, we're gonna do the same thing. We're gonna go off there and do it. And from the beginning, when Nas called me, I said, do we need bail money? He said, hold up, y'all, it's not that type of party. We just gonna go on rhyme against them.
Speaker 4: And I knew that, and that was that was a boss move as a leader, was to let people know like, look, look we're gonna dispute them and we're gonna do whatever we gotta do.
Speaker 2: But this, you know, we're gonna keep it, keep it hip hop.
Speaker 3: And I enjoyed that. I enjoyed that part of hip hop. I still enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: So now in between that part, you guys are worried. Now Ether finally is put together the way you want it, it drops.
Speaker 3: How proud are you of that moment that when the.
Speaker 4: Whole world started doubting them, he dropped that one and Ether was strong enough that even when Hove responded, he didn't have to respond. That's how strong that one record was. See a lot of people don't know, don't say that, like hole, it's two to one. So when you compare a Hope and Na's battle, it's like Hope actually has two records.
Speaker 3: Too, you know the freestyle, but that was like that's that that was how super Ugly came.
Speaker 2: Off super Ugly.
Speaker 4: The reason why I think super Ugly isn't a classic is because you actually got a person that you've never seen emotional be a little emotional. That's why I think people didn't receive that.
Speaker 3: Reason was one of those records, man.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. When it was one of those records with like that starts to happen and get you off your things, That's that's when you watching nigga hit you in the face and throws you off your start changing.
Speaker 2: You just started doing strategy.
Speaker 6: But the most important part of what this is about in this topic, we can go inside of the knives ether Jay, this, that and the third the fact that those guys it wasn't they put their money on the line. You see back then, if you get when you lost, what you really was betting was your career.
Speaker 3: You weren't betting a million dollars. You were betting your entire earning potential. Like with l al Bad cannabis, Cannabis was gone, Yeah, it was gone. Yeah, guys, the loser is done. This is scary.
Speaker 6: The loser is done. And so when they did that, that's what they were playing for. And the fact that they never turned it into anything else, and.
Speaker 3: They both came out smelling like roses instead of ship better better people.
Speaker 2: And that's and and he grew after that together.
Speaker 3: They actually you got to say, by.
Speaker 6: The way, when you anytime I'm around both of them together, it's like I don't even listen to anything.
Speaker 3: All I do is shut the fuck up and let them niggas talk and and and and and.
Speaker 6: Feel so fortunate that I'm around two of the greatest writers that ever walked the face of this earth.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel. Now, how intricate was you?
Speaker 4: And like the squashing of that, like now you got business with both they both just went out of.
Speaker 2: Each other horribly, and then they both grown men.
Speaker 3: You know what, I wasn't involved, get the you know, I wasn't squashed. I was involved, because I don't mean I was squashed, but but not that one because I felt like old was always shotting you out to like kind of like like like elbow.
Speaker 4: Now it's a little bit like stop all at me, man, like I'm fucking with your your your boss, like I'm fucking with.
Speaker 3: Your top guy.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: I's talking about being Damien never got along. We're gonna get into that too. I don't know a guy like I got good.
Speaker 2: I got so good. I didn't know where to go with that't know where you wanted to go with that.
Speaker 4: I think why you and Dave never got But I just said that's what I thought because Jay was hying you out.
Speaker 6: I think because of that, I think that you know, he was the smart guy. He was the smart guy at that time.
Speaker 3: In my opinion. And this is I can't speak for Dame, but I think that's I think we had him on drink. Of course we had.
Speaker 4: I don't know we had him on drink chance, But I think he always says that like it was le or and I believe it's your name came up.
Speaker 3: I don't think he did. Okay, he wouldn't see me. Okay, maybe he said that to me. He was a smart guy at the time in Damon.
Speaker 6: I spoke to Demon three weeks ago and I told him, I said, Damon, I finally now understood.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, you spoke to him three weeks ago. Recently, you said, three weeks ago from what today? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And I call him and tell him, Man, I got to tell you that I really do understand everything you stood for and everything you fought for.
Speaker 3: Like and if you look at it again, young and money, bad concoction. Right.
Speaker 6: Damon knew artist should be independent. Damon knew artists should own their rights. Damon knew he was fighting for all of that stuff. Damon actually knew how international.
Speaker 3: The art, the art of it was.
Speaker 6: He knew everything. He knew everything, and he knew who to fight for it. The problem was he knew it, but the way he handled it. He could articulated, but the way he handled it to make it a business was just disgusting, right, But he wasn't. He his theory was correct, the way he handled it was wrong.
Speaker 3: And I told him that, and he's like, it.
Speaker 6: Took you long enough, And I'm like, you fucking can't even just say thanks, But you know, I mean, that's naming and that's cool, and I respect.
Speaker 2: And I respect wait, wait, wait talking about he said, that's what he said?
Speaker 6: Oh man, I was you know, for me, I was just like the one thing I've always pride myself on.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things I am. I'm fucking smart. I knew the ship. I know the ship called, I know the business call, I know the artists, the music this.
Speaker 6: I could see the ship before it happens, and like I knew what he was trying to do and where me and Jay became friends.
Speaker 3: It was almost like what I would say to him or the way I would package the information. It felt like we were going forward.
Speaker 6: It didn't feel like all these niggas, these niggas, It didn't feel belligerate. We were actually coming up with ideas and thoughts that was gonna move forward.
Speaker 3: Not just ship on people to get there. Right, there's a way to move forward. You can shoot on people to move forward, or you could do it in a charismatic way. And I felt like the way I was doing it, or maybe the way I.
Speaker 6: Was doing it was more charismatic, much more advanced as far as moving forward.
Speaker 4: Now, have you ever produced a record for an artist where artist just another artist and you had to feel awkward about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about it.
Speaker 11: So, I mean LL and Cannabis was really it was wait, wait you produce that L record? Yeah, I mean we got back LL. Cannabis had yo, I need some fun in water water.
Speaker 2: N Yeah, yeah, give business water we got, We got waters all over.
Speaker 3: To the studio. Cannabis has has diverse. It was a dope verse. But you would douce cannabis shit too. Yeah, you wait, you produce both. It's like Sam.
Speaker 2: Ship right there.
Speaker 3: That's like you you wore both. Fight is out to the wing and you said, I'm leaving with the winner.
Speaker 8: It was just on came the fourth three to one joint when Cannabis said the crime wow, and then l A went into to spit after he heard Cannabis and he chased and he chased his run.
Speaker 3: I felt a little weird about that wow, because L wanted to think, because like, you're.
Speaker 4: Going at a guy who's not even here. The records fearness we had L on hand El said he thought Cannabis Philly went at him on that record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, yeah, listen, just looking for me for that. By the way, you know what I looked at the L interview. I think that guy, and I love that guy. That guy is my favorite rap of all time. When I grew up go for it. Yes, I'd seen that.
Speaker 6: Guy at block parties. I seen love battle guys and balls. I love grew up as a battle rocker up. And he's just so fucking competitive that he never he I mean he had no one. I mean we we we we do the fucking record Who Shot You? And he shipped so fox female rappers too. I don't get him on seventeen Yeah, why don't you do that? He just can't control himself.
Speaker 3: I never knew that l's dope but rap all time.
Speaker 6: I love all that ship, the A to B, t C, the D How was that niggas Don's walk?
Speaker 3: I was into the autums, shame the A to B. You don't remember that? You remember it was like the intro of one of his albums. Oh yeah, of course. Yeah, I was walking with a panther. I love walking with a panther. Okay, I love all but he just be so competitive for niggas for no reason. And maybe cannabis. He could have pulled cannabis to the side.
Speaker 2: He gave you some old he definitely could have. Everybody understands.
Speaker 4: That's something the artist ship though, Like as a d j R, are you competitive with other DJs when you.
Speaker 3: Go of course that's the same thing. Okay, so some now described that for me as a DJ, like what DJ comes on first?
Speaker 2: And then I mean it just depends.
Speaker 12: Yeah, depends on the platform if it's a club DJ, the battle DJ, whatever it is.
Speaker 15: But yeah, you don't, you don't want certainly got what he went on. He played record, and then you get mad the records he played. He's your opener, and he played some records. You're like, what the fun is he doing?
Speaker 2: You can't play the hot record? And you gotta relax. You gotta relya RelA. Now to him, what's the best.
Speaker 3: Ever hip hop? Brother?
Speaker 11: Nineties hip hop?
Speaker 2: Man, you're gonna go for the whole ship shifted the whole day.
Speaker 11: I'll go from again.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like the mid early mid to like ninety seven was like.
Speaker 3: How the best decade?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he said, which is the best era? He said, I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was ever a great decade. The whole decade did ever made it? There's a reason why the decade never makes it. You want to hear it yeah, yeah, yeah, as soon as it gets hot. If you listen to eighty eight is.
Speaker 3: The best here for hip hop. By five is listening to every two Run d Run DMC. I forget No. That was the Run DMC album that was.
Speaker 6: That was their comeback album in eighty eight, actually republican name of Easy n W An Easy the same Yeah and Karros Won eight.
Speaker 3: It's eighteen albums that came out that year. That is just this EPMD launched the whole just the shit. But it feels like the late eighties set up the early night.
Speaker 6: What happened was then after that happens the way the business was at the time, like anything else. These guys are all either on independent labels, co Chilling Records, Select Records, It's that and the Third and Profile Records, and they blow up.
Speaker 3: So what happens after that? The majors don't know who to sign.
Speaker 6: They just signed a bunch of dudes who rap and give them some bullshit story. So then all of a sudden, the truth gets warded down by the bullshit. So eighty seven eighty eight, when everybody was scrambling to get on, you have to be nice at shit. That shit works. Irby and rock Canam eighty eight. Then all of a sudden, what happens is the money comes in and fucks it up like this bullshit like this area where you're up right now, this is dope right now, all.
Speaker 3: Artists is here. In ten years from now, five years from now, it's not gonna be like that. It's gonna be fucked out. The artist is gonna go somewhere else. That's you know, this is this is like what is this?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: This is used to be the hood used to be. That's what I mean.
Speaker 6: That's what happens to get the great ship. That's a hood. Eighty eight hip hop is the hood. He's doing whatever, they're.
Speaker 2: Not even doing it for money, right Like this area is a perfect example.
Speaker 3: That's what all the hip hop parties were in Miami. This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And then all of a sudden, the money comes in and then somebody decides to put a man or an oriental next.
Speaker 3: Stop exactly right right right. Then all of a sudden, the artists have to move out.
Speaker 6: That's what happened in rap music, and every decade something happens and all of a sudden, So when it was eighty eight.
Speaker 3: That happens, and you got the early nineties. That was awesome. You got Wu Tan, you got Biggie, you got Nas, you got Jay and then all.
Speaker 6: Of a sudden, the money comes in and all of a sudden got I can shit on a thousand guys right now that all of a sudden got record deals and opportunities, not because they were talented, because they were rappers, and it sounded like this, and everybody was looking for you know what I'm saying, when you got to look at errors. So if you look at eighty seven and eighty nine, let's call out an error. You got to break it down in three years. I wouldn't break it ten years. I'd make it three years because you know, three years for this neighborhood to work it. And then all of a sudden, the money comes in and fucks the neighborhood up. Eighty seven and eighty nine, ninety two to ninety six.
Speaker 3: Yep and go and moves in blocks like that doesn't move in ten year increments. I see that. That's all now. You was the guy that to bring rough riders the ender scope. Correct, that was you single handed Lee, But you didn't have Dmax.
Speaker 4: No, was that hard to do that because although Rough Riders was looked at as a great company, but X was.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm a I'm a marketing branding guy. What I seen was the awe. I seen the awe.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I seen that all and they had motherfucker's riding on motorcycles.
Speaker 3: Standing up there and I never see I was like, this is it.
Speaker 6: DMX is the beginning of a lot of ship so I want to and D is amazing. D we just had the young Swiss, Swiss me and Swiss is site like those guys are just talented as motherfucker and like I have actually i've met DMX in the last five years. Back then, I never met DMX, but I was understated in d Law Swiss the sound and the logo, the yeah, I knew that brand was the business.
Speaker 3: Wow, And you knew that was a marketing guy behind that. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 4: You knew it was like you knew that was like orchestrated, Like it wasn't just like they just filmed.
Speaker 3: It and it was just art.
Speaker 2: Like you knew that.
Speaker 6: You know, anybody you've seen those videos with of course it's the best shit in the world. This guy's riding and hip hop on motorcycles up the West Side Highway.
Speaker 3: Standing when see with no hands going one hundred crazy? Who the fuck does that grat? You know what, it's hot, but it's also the jacket fly though you had a choice. Yeah, you keep looking, you know that's cool.
Speaker 4: So now that that was like that was like the year of the Black ceo. Like that it was a great time for the black ceo. They had people like Dame Dash and power. They had people like Steve Style in power. Uh I believe even it wasn't your executive that Sony. Yeah, I was up at Sony at the time. Who else a Mark picture? I said him earlier, I'll say him again. A bigger month, all these black CEOs that power. We are seeing less and less black CEOs. You don't have a Darren, I don't think so. I mean music business. Okay, put me on Style because you know I like his wine.
Speaker 6: A lot of black executives time. I think with Coach K is doing in Atlanta's.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous Coach K. That is migos in.
Speaker 3: Themos in Atlanta, Young, there's some other kids. This is Coach K and Coach Tech. Remember we go about tack tech both both of them. All right, let's not get but I'm talking about Coach K. Coach K one is teddy boy. One of them is with titty board. That's just time. Look right now, let's go.
Speaker 2: Boy change and got to go with him. You got James coach tech us with to Chames.
Speaker 12: Coach K is top dog definitely big up top doing those my people top.
Speaker 3: Then you got my man. He's not he's he's not black, but he might as well be black. Gazi Ghzi, Yes, Empire he black to me, he black latinos at the top. Now what the funk are we doing? Man? Let's talking about stuff on blocks too much? Everybody went over, everybody went over up, let's go question.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I got, I am loaded, listen, so stop running like running through the error of man?
Speaker 3: Was there ever?
Speaker 4: Like because the people always wanted to know this like it was like I said earlier, I alluded to.
Speaker 16: This, all to this, always wanted to know this because it was like it was what you rising like, was it underground like management beef at that time, you and Chris because it just seemed like like I said, I said, I alluded to it earlier.
Speaker 4: I was like if you were getting money at a certain period, it was either with Chris or you was with Steve, like straight up, like I'm talking about at that one period, you know the period I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Was there ever, like Brothers? Was it Chris Well? I mean, how do you talk about this? The the man passed A tough conversation because it's easy for me to just say, you know, you know Chris did is staying? You know, Chris was Chris was a very special, talented dude. Man. It was for me when I first came up. I looked up to him, and then I became his pet that I passed him, and it was I had to deal with that. He had to deal with that. But it never but again back to what I said earlier, it never changed my respect for him. Chris tried to manage him.
Speaker 6: Tried to take him from me, tried to do it all kind of crazy ship while I was man. But I always held on to the fact that I looked up to him as a man who broke through in the business.
Speaker 3: And everything that he did, and he taught me a lot. So there was never a beef with me. Somebody else would have took it as a beef. I never took it as a beef because I had so much respect for him that I let him get away with passes.
Speaker 6: You give people passes if you respect somebody, Like if you're a friend with somebody you love them, you give him passes. You can't hold them accountable. The same way it's somebody you don't really fuck with. The person you fuck with got one shot to fuck you. Person you love can do it over and over again. You find a way to make it work. And that was our relationship, and that's what I'm doing now, Like, no, you can't. You just always have a level of respect for him, and I have respect for him. Mona Scott. I love Mona Scott. Like everything that those guys were.
Speaker 3: Doing to me, I take it.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. I wouldn't be here today. So it was never really a beef. It could have been a beef, but there was nothing.
Speaker 3: There was nothing. Betiful thing. Now you're on puff, y'all are like cooler now.
Speaker 2: Like y'all had an incident.
Speaker 3: What was it? Over?
Speaker 6: It was an over puff on the cross what happened? So yeah, So I was going back to the thing. Man, I told Ndy Santiago.
Speaker 3: This the other day. Okay, he's my fake cousin in the industry. You know my Santiago as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lennias, we always claimed each other as fake cousins because our.
Speaker 2: Last names of Santiago.
Speaker 3: Weird. It's very weird.
Speaker 2: We always You guys are still doing that, you guys, Yeah, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 4: It's a fact that Steve dude think you think I gotta stop this immediately. I'm taking your advice from this day on, boy, but I do call him my fake cousin.
Speaker 3: It's not like we say word cousins. But go ahead. It's a problem. So the the.
Speaker 6: Fucking j comes out in the Hard Knock Life, I'm fucking pissed, fucking how the fuck can.
Speaker 3: We get this? These motherfucker's got a record. This ship is so big. Who produces hard Knock Why don't tell me, I don't know who. Forty five King Rich Well Hold Jay first heard the sample from forty from kick a Prie and then heard the ship and forty five King produced it.
Speaker 6: So they heard the snippet of the loop of the anti record, then forty five King produced him. So now just take it inside of the minus young Steve style. What I'm are gonna do.
Speaker 3: I can't sleep. There's no where I can see if this guy has a hit record, and what are we gonna do? And I went out and I found I heard hate Me Now was pretty Boy on the Pretty Boys on the record, told this is what.
Speaker 11: The niggas.
Speaker 3: He's like, you know what, Steve is taking this thing way.
Speaker 6: Too since they checked out of this part of the process. Like you going, I'm finding the record. I don't give a fuck if it comes from him whoever. I'm finding the record. I gotta beat hard, knock life, period, fuck everything. I go find the record. Fox, he plays me the record, doesn't even give a fuck about it, like this.
Speaker 3: Is is stupid. She said that Derek Angelotti produced it.
Speaker 6: I called dit out. I'm like, Derek, you produce a song called hate Me Now, pretty boy on it? How could you not even play that? Finds because back then you can call producers like you have the right to get the first hot beat. Of course, especially He's like, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Fox. He made that up, didn't He shocked me? Wait what she said that Derek produced it. Derek didn't produce it. She was trying to make the record like like it was a it was a great song, but in order to make it to market it like, oh, we got beats from Derek Angeletti me or I wasn't Derek.
Speaker 6: Angeletti, as I find out when I called Derk. So then I call her brother. I call pretty boy. I'm in the studio, I said, pretty boy, Gavin.
Speaker 3: I didn't call him pretty boy? You didn't, so I said, I.
Speaker 6: Said, Gavin, you gotta come to the studio. He comes to the studio and I play him the rough.
Speaker 3: I'm like, who did that? He goes I did? I said, you produce this? He said yep.
Speaker 6: I said, go get me the master's right now. I want them shits tonight. I buy him from I want I want that record that song. He said to me, I'll give it to you. I need a set.
Speaker 3: I said, what the fuck is the set?
Speaker 2: I still don't know what I said?
Speaker 3: Is? He said, I matching chain, embrace them. I said, I got you with the set.
Speaker 6: I can't do it right now, but go. It's it's cold as fuck, it's the winter. I said, go get the ship. He starts to leave. I said, no, no, no, give me your mink. I took his mink coat, left the mink and I said, leave your mink in the snow. He got to you and you come back.
Speaker 3: Can't wear it style. Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: It's not getting no not weird, is you know?
Speaker 3: It's not weird, it's just different.
Speaker 17: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm trying to get the song. He took his coat, and because.
Speaker 9: I don't think he's gonna come back, I just feel like it's mad cold at this time.
Speaker 3: I don't know this cold. I'm not taking ship.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, it's forty one little outside. You let him beat her the T shirt.
Speaker 3: This was drink chin.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did he wants to ride on away watching I'm he doesn't.
Speaker 6: Just that he.
Speaker 3: About to get shat good good. Now he comes back, he comes back with the record. Big up, Gavin. He comes back with the song, and now's it. He was trying to sound like puffing Mass.
Speaker 2: I was about to ask that that was the next thing.
Speaker 4: He was right.
Speaker 6: It sound like puff Puff is the biggest star in the world. I get a record, nas, I'm like, I'm telling everybody this is the single.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 6: I don't care what you do. I don't care what anybody does, because what we're doing this is this is gonna be hard, not life.
Speaker 3: This is a fact. Then you go to queens. No no, no, no, no, okay. So then so then after we go, Nas records the record. How many times that I make? How many times that mixed that ringing? I would mix it over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 6: There's such a valuable lesson in my life with that song because I wanted it so bad.
Speaker 3: I wanted it so bad. That shot down and.
Speaker 6: He recorded that mixed. Then Puffy recorded anything. Then we go to shoot the video.
Speaker 3: The videos a million dollars high Wind wants a million dollars to shoot it. Puffy has this idea, we're gonna drive the cross and the desert. We're gonna do this. We're gonna do that.
Speaker 6: And Puffy taught me something. He told us all something very smart back then. I think about it all the time. He's like, when you want to do something like really fucking shocking, like you gotta do like I'm in. He had shot this r Kelly video and they were in a convertible and it was raining or it was snowing or something like that. He's like that's when you do that shit, like you drop the top and the shit's raining outside.
Speaker 3: That shit is dope.
Speaker 6: Like bringing to perform on the top of a bodega and light that bitch like it's Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh shit, And I was like, that's what I did, and can it be so simple? The Wu Tang video. I made the projects look.
Speaker 6: Beautiful and I'm like, so now I got the vision. We're gonna hate me now Jesus went through being hated. We're gonna do this thing in Queens. We're gonna light this shit up, all right, Cool, we go through the whole thing. Shoot the video, Million Bucks spent and Puff two days before his reverend doesn't want to be him on the records.
Speaker 3: On the cross, Puff puffs Puff as.
Speaker 6: A reference who didn't want them to be on there, and I have to respect what his references.
Speaker 3: I'm going to see him like Puff think because they were black crows on the cross, it was it was very very dark. Bike Williams put Crocus on the cross, but they didn't do that last they were actually there, right, they could have been I remember, I don't know, it could have been there. It was dark, it was very very dark, and I can see why preacher or something whatever an issue is blasphemous to if you're religious, right, doesn't change that. The narrative is ridiculously dupe. You know. It's cinematics there on the other side. No one talks about the two other guys. Oh yeah, the thief. No one talks about those guys, the guys.
Speaker 2: This is spending wider funks with it. So I continue.
Speaker 3: So he wants he wants that gets mad after because past knows beforehand, before beforehand, Pump is like, no, no, no, no no, But the edits already done.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't they do another edit without him on the cross? But this is the part that Pump got. I'm the manager, guys.
Speaker 3: If the other.
Speaker 6: Company spent hundred dollars spending money, the record company spent the money. They have two videos done, and it's a t r Oh World per Man, and everybody wants to be a t r O and the World per Man.
Speaker 3: That's what all rapping.
Speaker 6: Artists were getting. The rap artist wasn't getting mad. Yeah it's hip hop is not getting that.
Speaker 3: But now we're gonna take down hard knock life, you know anyhow, because.
Speaker 2: Comes out.
Speaker 3: The head of the record company was ahead of Sony Music at the time. This guy named don Einer. This is a guy. This guy absolute racist. Let's go to this right. He dropped fifty cent, he dropped the Lisia keys.
Speaker 6: He he did not fuck with anything if it had a problem attached to it.
Speaker 3: Columbia, Columbia Records. A guy who dited it was a complete pig. This guy straight up. Yeah, this guy puts up the money.
Speaker 6: So now when Puff wants to change the video, Donnie's like, I already laid out the money, but I can't even I'm trying to get Puff to see the other side, but I can't control they're putting that video on a TRL. When the video goes up, if everybody holds me responsible not even.
Speaker 3: Knowing that there's a guy who wrote the check who was like, he knows who that cross scene is. That shit was half of that million dollars. He's not taking that shit out for the tro warper Man. Yeah, he's accounting for it. Puff, She's the video TRL goes on at three o'clock, three o two four. Niggas in my office. They jumped me.
Speaker 6: They beat me up in my office three O two, three oh three, that's what happens. What but what takes place within years after that is like my relationship with Puff, we both came up at the same exact time. We're both we maybe doing this, we maybe give up yet the two oldest guys who've been doing it the longest.
Speaker 3: Maybe because I remember I was. I was in Puff's office when Magic Johnson announced he ad ads like that was ninety two, Like I remember specifically being in this office and he was promoting the party he worked at uptown, Like that's how long I noticed guy. So our relationship was long.
Speaker 6: And it was always a mutual respect, even when he was as big as he was, the biggest star in the world.
Speaker 3: I never felt like I couldn't call them or whatever whatever whatever. So when that took place, it was fucked up, and I was embarrassed.
Speaker 6: Naturally, I was embarrassed, becau I didn't even want that to be to define who I was, Like some motherfucking bum ass nigga that got jumped punis bullshit, and definitely called my moms, apologize to my mom's that gore to me than anything else, and.
Speaker 3: Then like, you know, that's how close you was. Yeah, but when did when did that happen. When it happened, he immediately called my moms. That was the immediate thing. You have to get up. You got to call my mother first for the jumping you. My mother doesn't know if I'm die in this music business, so all she's doing is looking at listen. You gotta call her. I need to get that off from my back, like you, everybody knows sad. So we got past the mom thing and then no, it was wild. It was It was weird because it was.
Speaker 6: A very vital pivotal point in my life because I'm like, you know, I got money too, I can hire soldiers.
Speaker 3: We could do with that, like you could do that, right, You could easily do that like a tifferent tap. Yeah, you can definitely play that game. I'm not that guy. He's I'm not that guy. And y'all was cool enough. He knew your family that no, he knew. No, he didn't know my family to call my mom though it was somebody he knew my momy. The chore, whether you knew or not, the aftermath of when you look at it now, I mean, I stay in his house, he stays in my house.
Speaker 4: You know, A probably the situation that aged well, yeah, well, how do you all mend that?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: How do y'all mend that?
Speaker 3: How does that happen? Was it?
Speaker 4: Do Nas?
Speaker 3: I feel like?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Nas Wasnas was worthless and trying to fix it. Jesus, he was worthless and trying to fix that. Like that's all let's start. Come on, man, it's not cool.
Speaker 4: So how how the two ty coons work out a problem that was misfortunate?
Speaker 2: How does this happen in real life and real time? And we could all learn from that? Yeah, we could all learn from that.
Speaker 6: Well, I have to walk around for two years and people saying they me Puffy hit you over Hald at the bottom.
Speaker 3: I have to walk around. I have to own that that didn't happen. But you know I got Yeah, I got to.
Speaker 6: That feeling could easily allow you to go get some guns or some guys and go do something in order for you to feel like you were like you weren't a victim, like people were just somebody like you weren't.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not I'm not guying, but we gotta in life. You gotta play the marathon, man, You gotta play the long game. You gotta play the long game. Why don't look, I'm here this guy.
Speaker 2: Chris, Oh no, this story I heard it, Chris, So you're gonna hear it from me now.
Speaker 3: The wedding was like, you're disrespect You're gonna answer me on tape. This guy, Chris Lightings wedding is a drunk at this man's wedding, he remembers and he's going around and he's flipping out on me. And it's like Chris Lighty's wedding and you something was in Miami.
Speaker 4: It's Inamoy with the record we produced Mary j. BLI was like a firm, Yeah, this is the thing you walked in.
Speaker 3: It was. It hurted my feelings so bad. I took you up the record. No, you know, I was still on the record.
Speaker 4: But y'all said you walked in and it was you said something like you sure we're gonna keep him on the record in front of me.
Speaker 3: I wanted you to t way that in or something.
Speaker 2: You just said in front of me.
Speaker 3: But you know what, And then let me just tell you something. I recently came to.
Speaker 4: You at NAS did this thing, and I apologize because you know why I needed you didn't give me.
Speaker 3: It's not that you didn't give me no love.
Speaker 4: You give me the toughest love ever, and you being from Queens and we being from Queens. I realized that twenty years later that I needed that. I needed you to be tough on me, Like when you walked in. I was the only guy that was on that record that wasn't firm. You were supposed to question that moment. No, no champions, let me let me make you up because it's big enough. And so those years I was mad at you because I was like, damn, because.
Speaker 18: Like I was used to people being fake to me, like they'll talk about me behind my back. You actually talked about me in front of my face. Are sure we want him on the record. I'm like, sto, niggas do that right now, and even I'm leaving your question.
Speaker 4: But whatever it was, and I needed that tough love, like listen, listen, listen, because that's who makes me who I am today. I had and in retrospect, when I hear you speak about other artists, I could see it because Chris had invested me a little early, and I was Na's friend or Jungle's friend.
Speaker 2: But I just I just didn't have no, like you said, structure.
Speaker 3: So I understand later it's just like you said, you just called Dave.
Speaker 4: That's why I felt with you. And I was like, you know what, because the thing about it is, I don't I want it that way. I wanted to just be able to if somebody don't see see the picture. I liked it that like you know what I'm saying, Like I mean, now I could realize that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's what you about that I mean today because you apologize you said it to me.
Speaker 15: I was.
Speaker 3: I was tough on you. I listened to all your music, Babe.
Speaker 6: You used to take rhymes off see some crazy ship that was not when you but you could also write.
Speaker 3: Listen to your rhymes on t O n Y. Listen to what you say. Can you go to some other records and you don't even give a fuck. It's definitely choose that, Yeah, And I'm like, do that. I was never what you listen to be honest with you, it's just that you know what it was anything no record I ever came out slacked on any rhyme on the track master beat. That's a fact, because what is it? That's what I'm leaving. I'm leaving. Oh my god, I killed that let me take me. That's test. That was natureself. You you have a bully man.
Speaker 11: I do agree with you.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, Okay, describe that s that was in l A. Remember l A. Okay was opened up the Firm album. Yes, I thought I was finished. We had some more joints and.
Speaker 11: I need to get on this Firm album.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they flew me up. I actually got flew out. I got fifty that it was more about everything. I think it was no bundles dout that I just was. I was. I was happy to be a part of a classic. Continue. It was for nature. No, it was nature session. That's how I remember. I came in and you played the bat and Nature had nothing for it. And I couldn't resist. Say I got something exactly and I went in and looked crazy. Let me tell you something. This is the Crazy ship.
Speaker 4: A lot of people don't know I come from the Unique days. Like I'm sorry, I'm sure how I'm forty years old. Forty years stout already blew me up. He must have googled. He knew, he said, I just got Yeah, everybody's forty, you know, I'm really forty. So I come from unique studio days where you write the whole rhyme and you lay it as such.
Speaker 3: So I remember that I lave man remember the.
Speaker 2: Tape the two inch I had the whole.
Speaker 3: I had laid the whole rhyme in front of nature, and they was like, didn't we say this this? This?
Speaker 4: So they like I laid the whole even like like I can't say one tape, but I had because I had had an idea.
Speaker 3: It was definitely wasn't one tape. Nah. He knows that that one bloody money part too.
Speaker 2: Versus because that's how sixteens back then.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen.
Speaker 4: I had wrote rhymes back then style as a whole thing song. But I would do right now, I would be doing thirty two bars.
Speaker 3: And then you don't play music like if we say something, you can't hit like a boom.
Speaker 2: Trying to pay no publisher company.
Speaker 3: You do. You didn't want to relax you the whole episode. He still manage. He's still trying to take well, look, let me ask you something and and Tom to look. You know, sound ex changes right now. Sound is changed is something that.
Speaker 2: Is internet bis internet asscat.
Speaker 3: It's the government.
Speaker 4: It's the government. Now they pay you for every song. So now let's suppose in on a podcast. A podcast is something that you don't play music or whatever. Right, but let's go becauselet's sleep.
Speaker 3: I feel like me you and told me some money in this way.
Speaker 4: Look, we're gonna start making sound is change recognize recognize a podcast when we play music.
Speaker 3: So now now we can get sound exchanged for podcasting periods. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, listen sounded Change pays you for or with you your internet question.
Speaker 3: I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, because you know I became a member of the SOHO today and I'm not even going to get my membership.
Speaker 3: Y'all changed these stop. I'll tell you, I'm very proud of this. By the way, I've never played the game. You know what was my problem coming up? I just wanted blowing me up?
Speaker 4: Going ready stop listen. I realized I fucked up. What I mean by that is some of the most famous years of my life. I didn't want to play the game.
Speaker 3: You ever watched Entourage already, goal says the Vents. You never played the game VNS.
Speaker 4: Like I had success, I went platinum, and I still wanted to hang up the tunnel.
Speaker 2: I never wanted to go over there.
Speaker 3: I never wanted to go to like that's not on stop. Okay, good, you could throw it out. It's not like you shouldn't have made money, went Blacknam, and you still shouldn't have went to the tunnel. All those things are cool. You just weren't you.
Speaker 6: If you don't take your craft seriously, if you don't work on your craft, you take it for.
Speaker 3: Granted, take it for granted.
Speaker 6: I think is that's she was taking it for granted. You don't funk the Soulo House. You just don't take your whatever.
Speaker 3: The food isn't great, it is. The vibe is good. The food isn't great, But the mallible one is fantastical. That's a separate vibe. That's a whole. It's a separate vibe. I got that membership too as well. So I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: That's what you.
Speaker 3: Gotta relax. You get it. You listen.
Speaker 2: I know what you be getting movies.
Speaker 3: House to let's make some money. It's like.
Speaker 19: The got He's never gonna show you got money like he's never it's never liked like now hip hop.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, we're gonna change the subject hip hop it's really actually has a chance to be wealthy.
Speaker 3: And for a while people only had a chance to be rich or be what I like to call hood rich or nigga rich.
Speaker 2: Now it's a real chance for us to have.
Speaker 3: Wealthy and wealthy we are we are? Did you y'all.
Speaker 2: Know I'm gonna take a shot of your whisky.
Speaker 3: I never did this, Like you don't drink, mother, I'm drinking.
Speaker 6: But you want to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I got I can't get my sofhole card so hard. I need you to teach me more. I'm right here. Okay, you want to teach me, I'm like, I'm not going anywhere. I've been texting you. I wanted to do this. Tell me about the fucking so Okay, look, you got to teach rat class.
Speaker 2: You got it right now. But I mean, but all actuality, right.
Speaker 3: Look, the issue is the following man. At some point, you gotta really believe that you're not full of ship and getting over them to make some money. You just got to know that you really are talented, you really.
Speaker 6: Are good, You really are bringing more to the table than anybody realizes.
Speaker 3: And once you started believing that, accepting that truly, then you start making deals that are applicable to what you are putting up for the transaction to work. And that's how we're going to make all the money. Like whether it's a big enough I'm entering the music business again. I'm going back in the music business. That's the announcement was about to make. Yeah, I'm going back in the music business. You make it, and yeah, we're going back in the music business. Anybody be quiet home. You're going back and I'm going back in the music business. So we need a black CEO. I spent my time. I learned the music business.
Speaker 6: Then I went and I built an advertising company. You did nothing about advertising, Yes you did. All of a sudden, everybody got cool advertising. I was there five years of naturally what the word was? What was natural to me?
Speaker 3: You put Pepsi with who you did mount commercials? How about the how about the ai J? We got the beat with the white background, and you you introduced the jay Z Seker said, screams all that ship. They wouldn't even be no sneakers.
Speaker 4: Not hip hop sneakers. Did you just tell me you had something to do the easies? Because then I'm gonna man at you again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna all my pan I got no fun.
Speaker 3: Jay Z was jay Z sneaking the first hip hop sneaker.
Speaker 6: There was a failed attempt to do it for jay Z run DMC with thedias up.
Speaker 3: Oh they sucked them because.
Speaker 2: They didn't have you.
Speaker 3: No, they fuck it up because they they don't you. They ain't have you. They fucking a hunt jay Z ship, the ship, the ice cream ship that we.
Speaker 4: How monumental was that because that was the first time you see jay Z and fifty cent actually in the commercial.
Speaker 3: How monumental was that?
Speaker 2: Did they go back and.
Speaker 3: Forth, back and forth froging for me? That's what I do, man, I'm really really nice. But I do know, we know that that's probably why I was mad at you all these years. I just wanted some of the help.
Speaker 6: Let's some of your money by keep it, not the money for it, I really see from that respective. Anyhow, we going back to the music business. I feel like artists, there's always gonna be big artists. There's always gonna be artists who don't really need anything other than the fact that once they get up and they rock, they can go on to make a lot of money. But then there's a lot of artists that are not those big artists, and they really do need help. And if you're gonna sell money, you're gonna sell music is gonna get streamed, and you get all these streams, and by the time it goes through your label and get to you, you make this amount of money.
Speaker 3: You already know you're not gonna make any money from the streams.
Speaker 6: You're gonna make any money touring, selling merds, some hats, all this shit. So we're building a company called United Masters, right, and the job of United Masters is specifically to be able to take all the data that comes off of your streaming and allow you to find those people in the real world so you could sell them merchant tickets and ship direcord so you don't have to be no longer able to do it.
Speaker 3: So it really is more so it's three sixty. Well it's three. It's an agies he or a platform that people can it's an it's because of the agency to become a platform. It's a platform that artists can go on.
Speaker 6: And then figure out exactly who their fans are so they can sell ship that.
Speaker 3: Anybody can can go to the platf any artist, any artist who's invited to the platform can.
Speaker 2: Go out invited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so meaning okay, so you just can't be somebody off off the street and just post your ship on there.
Speaker 2: You have to be invited in the beginning.
Speaker 3: We want to make it. We want to make it closer. Can't do it with everybody, yeah, because it gets crazy, you know, it gets crazy now? Actually is it? Is it like a bank camp dot com?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: No, we looked at all those things, oh to buy all those things?
Speaker 4: Didn't work's bank camp bank Actually, I'm sorry, brother.
Speaker 3: The platform is really great.
Speaker 6: Artists tools to be able to understand how to make money outside of just the music business.
Speaker 3: I'm taking everything that I've done in making.
Speaker 6: Artists money outside of the music business. You want to talk about the work that I've done in.
Speaker 3: That area, yes, please, because I mean I just yes, I would like I would like you to take the lead of this conversation right now. It's fantastic.
Speaker 6: I've always been the guy to figure out how we're gonna make money outside of the music business.
Speaker 3: That's one thing. That's a label as this, that's that.
Speaker 6: But how we're gonna sell sneakers, how we're gonna sell more tickets, How we're gonna get endorsement deals.
Speaker 3: Push your Tea writing, I'm loving it for McDonald's. McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is love's always been.
Speaker 3: What made you think push your tea good?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 3: I love it and make the word grinding. I'm like grind d I'm like, I just liked it. That's why I was mad at you. I was want to read the grinding. You ain't think that about me?
Speaker 12: Here you go.
Speaker 3: Justin Timperlake was because I heard interview. But but push your T wrote the raps, he wrote the ship. Push your T was the writer on that, hey man. He was the whole ship.
Speaker 6: I put the whole ship around push your teeth. Justin Tim Blake was the front man. Push your Tee was behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Suck, which is crazy, makes the most money behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: He's probably the most drug dealer rapper in the world. And every time you heard it, I'm loving it. You have never thought to.
Speaker 3: Push your tea in your life.
Speaker 20: And he doesn't want you to take the check until just now anyhow, that is Thoughe so the fact that now what I want to build and it's just crawl, walk, run thing.
Speaker 3: We'll get there.
Speaker 6: Three years, five years, Timmis, We'll get there is hows artists stream their music and then be able to know who the fuck is streaming my ship, because if they like my ship, if they listen to my Yeah, if they listen to my song seventy five times, then they differently would about a dream Chimp's had. If somebody listened to every episode of this show, wouldn't you love to know where they were to sell them this happen.
Speaker 3: That's what we're trying to do, and.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm doing, right, And that's what we're building, and we're putting a team together to do that.
Speaker 3: And it requires the delicate relationship between storytelling, culture and technology and putting those things together. And that's what it is. And it's not a pie in the sky idea. It's the next evolution of where we need to go, where culture needs to go. We need to know who our super fans are. Super thumb now you are you want your are your partners on that? Yeah? Of course, God damn it. So he gonna produce the ship.
Speaker 6: No, strictly executive man, strictly executive tones help and find the artists.
Speaker 3: But I was gonna say something, you said something else. Ship this is you know it works, you do. We all over the place now with the best. But if you knew exactly all the people who watch the show and you were able to say.
Speaker 6: You know what, there's one hundred thousand people who would love to buy that shirt, wear that hat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you want to upgrade us right now? I would if you would have been in that business. And you don't want to go through anybody else to interrupt that relationship. Instagram is cool and Facebook is cool, but they don't really tell you this is direct a consumer type of deal. Ultimately, we're building a director consumer business.
Speaker 4: Just so you notice for another time, you know, this is eight and nine clothing stall. They're doing a thing. We partner it up and with the drink camps they handle our merchandiz and this is dope put.
Speaker 3: We could definitely use your.
Speaker 4: Expertise in helping us in a direction, because nigga, don't nobody on earth have Tom Brady. But besides you, you gotta relax and you gotta make some So would we ever have like an era like we had again, like where it was like so much years of great, great music or is it more about making an artist? Because because right now like it seems like the music is just so disposable.
Speaker 3: It isn't. I don't want to go you know, we can't please help me. It's tough. Bro's it's tough.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 3: What you're about to do, it's tough.
Speaker 4: Believe me, is tough, man, because because remember like remember like I don't want to date us.
Speaker 3: But in the nineties, in the nineties, I'm saying all of us.
Speaker 4: In the nineties, it felt like when when a record was a classroom like record.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's that's with all cameras. That's how people's right there.
Speaker 3: You gotta relax listen. But in our day, it felt like back then, right when the record.
Speaker 2: Was a classic, it actually held up.
Speaker 3: I wanted to wait for my partner. I ain't wanted to when you come, okay, got downstairs, God damn stops. I feel like you want to go over here. I feel like you want to know I'm in IFN. But back then, didn't they feel like a record like lasted long?
Speaker 4: Looking it stout thought this time he wanted the records, but didn't they feel like a record.
Speaker 2: Lasted longer back then?
Speaker 4: Or now these records come and they go like like all right, for you, for you, right, stole, I'll direct this perfectly to you.
Speaker 3: These people will come to you. French Montana's yo. No they drank that ship all. You didn't get the French.
Speaker 4: We got it, yeah at all. But listen, you know I'm rapper friendly. That's forty ship. We used to have bellet but young sad he be he'd be slow. But but you know we got we got on.
Speaker 3: But did it seem like back.
Speaker 4: Then, like the records, when the record wasn't hit, it actually lasted.
Speaker 3: Ten years like they actually spread as opposed.
Speaker 2: Like a classic. I mean, okay, a classic.
Speaker 3: Hosts the test of time. Are we not seeing that?
Speaker 2: Like the records?
Speaker 3: Like you'll hear somebody ill.
Speaker 4: Those I'm just popping in and I'm popping my gon and then and then what song do you think that will last?
Speaker 3: Well, you'll listen to ten years from now. That's the real. Not many, don't say not many's a good answer. Which ones? Damn?
Speaker 12: I think some of Kendrick records will yeah, yes, like I say that, I think records that will.
Speaker 3: Ye, I'm gonna give a little UZI vert some love that shit does something to my souls sometimes, Like I just ain't gonna lie. I know my old nigg I'm forty. It's facts. I'm not going to but there's something who I mean, something hestruction. It's something in my soul that comes on. I just be like, ah, ship, I don't do his dance that he do. He gotta he gotta dance, don't regular? I agree doing something I tried one day. How many songs did Nelly make that worked ten years later? Other than country ground? Damn style, you're going dancetown Damn, nothing that I remember. So now he made one song.
Speaker 2: No downtown baby.
Speaker 3: Still it's still lit country, country ground, country, I said. The other damn he said. I said, So, what's your going style? I mean, I'm making it. I'm here, I'm okay, hot in the end right hot in here before country ground? Yeah, okay. So let's say Nelly has three songs, how many songs of general.
Speaker 12: Health last ten years, last ten years, ten years later now that are still resonated.
Speaker 3: Everybody gets weird when the question comes out.
Speaker 2: Understand the question.
Speaker 3: The question is.
Speaker 6: How songs today? He saying him since won't last. So he's saying, I like little loosey vert this one song. Blah blah blah. My question is, and I'm gonna take it around.
Speaker 3: Yes, back from our era when classics were being made, right, right, how many songs from Nell he played ten years later? We're saying two maybe three? Right?
Speaker 6: So then I asked general, I'm trying to make jo trying to say that nothing's changed.
Speaker 4: Actually, what I'm getting to that feel like job, We've got a lie that plays right now now.
Speaker 3: I mean the parties I go, I'm an old nigger.
Speaker 2: They still rocking.
Speaker 3: Job I go to I got to what tab. I don't know if you ever been there.
Speaker 4: They don't play that old the new clubs. You're saying, now, what's the.
Speaker 3: Point you this, guys man? From the point? What matter is in our definition, definition of what it is. We may look at our era.
Speaker 6: We love it so much that we coveted more than when we listen to the music today. But like this ship is disposal, this is bullshit. The truth of the matter is a lot of music that we listened to back then was bull just as disposable.
Speaker 3: But we don't say that. But when you look at it ten years later, nearly hit it. It's a generational thing. It's a generational thing. You look at it. It's three songs, Jerrold, tell me how many records it is. And I hate to use those two guys because outside.
Speaker 6: Of Nelly, outside of Nile's and jay Z or Biggie, those are the guys, right those those.
Speaker 12: That isn't that is differentiation what you're saying right there, because to me, you're saying, like the Nas the Biggie, that's like Bob Marty, you.
Speaker 3: Forget those guys.
Speaker 2: That whole catalog is gonna be Revere.
Speaker 3: That's like and everybody else who came when the heels are that, Hey, what did they do? That works ten years later? Right? So now we're gonna say, oh, Kendrick Drake whoever? And now we're naming only artists ten years later, that's all.
Speaker 6: And if there's a bunch of guys who made a bunch of records who made some money in between, fuck.
Speaker 3: It, fuck it. I don't want to shoot on them.
Speaker 21: Fuck it.
Speaker 3: They're doing what they had to do. He walked into fucking session. That wasn't his asshole. It was work ethic good, you know, so like just shitting on.
Speaker 6: Believe me, I went through that process, like, man, I hate this ship, this music sucks. I can't believe this nigga has no rhymes. But then you realize that's what the generation likes.
Speaker 3: What are you supposed to do? Do what doesn't work? Make music?
Speaker 15: For you and me?
Speaker 2: We got great bits. They don't want to make music all the way White.
Speaker 3: I was great. Great was what I tried. I had the great Beer Gang t shirts. But it's not working. On looking with my bar. Don't put no inking. No, I don't do. That's what I know.
Speaker 2: Somebody who's doing everybody I know somebody that does.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 2: I decided I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going when somebody you gotta go to Beijing. You never went Beijing? Are you crazy? I never shot Polish exactly.
Speaker 15: So now.
Speaker 3: We act the best era at hip hop.
Speaker 2: I don't think we really got that very clear, to be quite honest with you.
Speaker 3: Listen, you definely have what you define the I think it's I.
Speaker 6: Think it's I think it's eighty eight, eighty seven to eighty nine lyrics, ninety I say in nineties.
Speaker 3: He says, in nineties happened. That's why we.
Speaker 12: Because he said nineties like a decade, and then he started saying three year increments Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So we're disagreement. We're in disagreement. That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite error?
Speaker 3: You know my nineties guy, because I came out. Those are three years increment, three years ago. Look at the lyrics of eighty seven. Listen, you can't influence this.
Speaker 2: I'm talking on my partner.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest. We recently had everybody on here right.
Speaker 15: What he say?
Speaker 3: Too much?
Speaker 2: Great stuff? Great stuff. We love him, but.
Speaker 3: Like I know, when he was a kid, IRV and I was in the kindergarten together, yea style. Don't nobody get on.
Speaker 2: In kindergarten with another?
Speaker 9: Yeah, pictures we had Buster saying him in high school kidding, why.
Speaker 3: Kidding? In kindergarten and earth Irv?
Speaker 15: IRV?
Speaker 3: When he was Uh, I never heard of niggame. Nobody they still know? This is so hard. I'm so sorry. It's a moment for me.
Speaker 4: Style continue you in IRV Colly in kindergarten? Is it Charleston Chills involved at any point?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now, how about this with the kindergarten, first, second, and third grade together and a worn on the same day. And I worked with Irv's brother as a bank We were both bank tellers at Chase Manhattan Bank. Oh when we were ten years old, Chris, Yeah, y'all worked with the money early. Oh yeah, so check this off. This is crazy drinking more.
Speaker 6: When he was fourteen, we had an afro ass motherfucking afro he got was Mike John Earlier there was on Mike Geronimo Mike John.
Speaker 3: Okay, fags.
Speaker 2: What that's what you call him?
Speaker 3: Michael Groon. So anyhow we go. This guy is alaricous. He's like, wasn't I wasn't read that was ready? I was not already.
Speaker 2: Stuff came ready, I came ready.
Speaker 3: He's like, ramble, He'll stop. I so appreciate you right now. Continue to be that guy. Continue.
Speaker 6: Sohow EARV is DJing in the park and spinning at fourteen years old. You know, like when you see the young kid who's a genius and everybody's like, look at this kid. That was IRV on the one and two's He was a genius. Earth was spinning and cutting at fourteen years old. And while everybody else was in the seventh eighth grade.
Speaker 3: Doing normal things, he was. He was. He was the highlight of a party like featuring IRV Gotti. Wow, this young genius. IRV God is a very very very special talented dude. Man Like I fuck with him. We've go back and forth, like you know, we do whatever regular nigga shit.
Speaker 6: That guy is really talented, loves hip hop, loves hip hop history, and I have the most respect for him. I think Tails, what he's doing with Tails is dope. I think he's gonna fucking win. I think the end of the day, when it's all over Earth got he will be at the town and.
Speaker 3: He got one of the funniest stories in the world. One day, I'm a murder what a lot of people don't know. Me and John Rud when he was twelve million and I was gold.
Speaker 4: We lived next story to each other in New Jersey. It's crazy because I had six cars. He has six cars, but his six cause was way different than my six cars. It's one hundred percent. Never hated this one right, but one.
Speaker 3: Day IRV Gotti is in the Murder Inc. Office. I walk in there. I'm going to get my.
Speaker 4: Friend, my next door neighbor, Jar Rud Drum and IRV comes in. He says, Steve Stout, he's not talking to me, He's talking to his crew.
Speaker 3: He says, Steve Stout just told me I fucked up the way I.
Speaker 4: Talked to Knives because I talked to Knives and I told him I wanted him to own his masters and I wanted him to do this. And Irv's exact words was, naves want to think about Africa.
Speaker 3: You don't want to go to Africa? What's that true? Damn? Look, I can tell her this. And I looked at I was like, oh, I said, she was like, it's funny. It's funny what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I swear God, I mean murdered office by mistake.
Speaker 3: I'm just there. I just happened to be there.
Speaker 2: And then and this is IRV got exact words.
Speaker 3: He said, you scared him off. He'll never come with you. Guys. Earth is just over the top, man. You know, no waiting stuff. Where you want to go? We ready? He gave us. There's certain rappers that I think would have been way better an R guys than rappers fat job, damn the.
Speaker 6: French Montana right now. If these guys were executives, oh.
Speaker 11: Hits like crazy Buster rhymes, fine hit records, No Buster.
Speaker 3: Ryan, fine hits, Fucking Fat Joey was the best one. Of the best an R guys period, but nobody knows that because he's trying to make the record himself, even wrecking to somebody else. That's crazy, you, my friend.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I'm finding the media outlet right now. I'm running media right now is the fantastic thing.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 23: I was always mad at you for vamfo on TV, but going somewhere deep, these fans.
Speaker 3: Are real hard core fans the TV. No watch what you say about VADFA TV. I can't. They might be produce yeah Swiss, but thank you. I was really upset that you didn't really bring them. You have last on that you were supposed to go crazy. That's when that back then rapping last rhymes. Yes, and you think this is why I'm gonna have forget you gotta relaxed now.
Speaker 15: TV vers.
Speaker 12: N.
Speaker 2: That's because something you probably wasn't living.
Speaker 3: No Nature showed up. Listen, let me just.
Speaker 4: Tell you you you described the story. Now, let me just tell you I took Nature session that I'm leaving. I owe Nature that had that.
Speaker 2: Best not the best verse.
Speaker 3: He even had a person. I still feel like I had the best verse, but.
Speaker 2: I let him lead it.
Speaker 3: Do not you had the best verse on Bad TV. I had the best verse. In my opinion. This is what opinions always been.
Speaker 2: Opinions.
Speaker 3: Right, you're gonna have it. So you think Nature had that best verse. I'm I'm walcome to you saying your body pun. I ain't saying body nobody. I don't look at records like body good verses on that record.
Speaker 2: I'm good at as a great record. I look at it as a great record. But twenty years later, I'm probably the.
Speaker 4: Only artist that's on that record that's still performing that record besides Jada and Styles.
Speaker 3: That's it. I think.
Speaker 4: I think Cam moved On is not alive. I think Nature is not active, and I think I mean, that's my brother. But listen how I broke that down. I'm the only artist that's on that record that's still quietly performing it besides the Locks.
Speaker 3: I think Cam moved on because Camra is on that.
Speaker 4: Record, Big Pun is passed away, right, Nate is not as active as all the other people that's on that record.
Speaker 3: And then so who, so who you have the best verse?
Speaker 6: Well, that's great that you did it, like you look, retrop I was the only guy who.
Speaker 3: Who is here?
Speaker 4: Sometimes listen, listen, see I learned from CNN. See I had an album prior to n R E. And that album was the super lyric Who's most lyric? All that that that ship that niggas wanted. But then I realized when I got with a guy, he had a little chain on like this had a joker and I looked.
Speaker 3: At it and he said to me, nobody listens to me.
Speaker 4: Who said that his name is for Real Williams saying, he said to me, nobody listens to me.
Speaker 3: And his ship was like this. It was very it was it was it was very like it's uncomfortable.
Speaker 24: You know, we was in the baggy soup aram cross color and ship like that, but you know it was like it was cross colored after that face and that he.
Speaker 2: Was the only produce of that.
Speaker 3: He said to me, he said, nobody listens to me.
Speaker 4: And for some reason, I had the number one record in R E was the number one record in New York at that time. I didn't have to listen to this guy. He said, I'm gonna bring it to a world that nobody else is gonna go. And I did that, and this guy comes out to be for Ral Williams. A lot of people a lot of people you you can, you can, you can whatever you want. A lot of people say the reason why the world knows Pharrell.
Speaker 3: Is because of that Super Dug record. Can you say that as a producer, I love Super Dug? Answer? But was that like the first record that people recognized for was that? I don't mind. Was it.
Speaker 6: The proction sound on the Super Dug because they put the chalice on the.
Speaker 3: Whole No way, we all thought that, no way, the horse wasn't around.
Speaker 6: But with him, with him him on top of the singing up, it was that no one seen that sound was definitely different.
Speaker 12: Now the sound no this I'm gonna tell you coming from Miami and DJ from Miami.
Speaker 3: The sound the difference was is it had the beat that the South could relate. How long were you DJing in Miami? I mean I started my company in ninety three and I was DJing.
Speaker 15: I used to do that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't how can I get down convention? The only way I could meet people.
Speaker 3: I used to come down here. I used to go to the club on Fifth in the liquid No no, no, no, no, no no no. I did his first showing solo show in Miami.
Speaker 2: He going before that.
Speaker 22: I mean that might be before my time. I'm forty two years old. Just why I used to come down here?
Speaker 3: Man? What years?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 3: What years?
Speaker 2: It was me, DJ Apps and DJ Khalid. That's that's the like I used to come.
Speaker 3: To Miami in ninety one, ninety two, ninety three, Collins Avenue was a ghost town.
Speaker 2: Yeah you couldn't. Yeah, you how it was irrelevant in the beach.
Speaker 3: Forget that part I'm talking about. It was a ghost town for human beings.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, yeah, yeah, yeah it was. The beach was padded radio. That's what I did.
Speaker 3: Would break records down here.
Speaker 12: I did pirate radio and then I got I did the mix younger than me and but that's my whie.
Speaker 3: They used to break records down here. Man, this is this is on the guy, Like, what what's what I did? Named? Man? Yeah, of course I know. Man, my cousin kick that out of Come on, man, you can't know. He likes to come out all the time. Man, he likes to still wants to go come down here. He's lovely down here. But he's a r new guy.
Speaker 2: You got no prophy to say. Ask anybody. They're gonna tell you that that's what I was doing.
Speaker 3: I like to ask anybody like, I know my mann is shot.
Speaker 2: I feel that, I feel that the indergy is so great.
Speaker 3: I know my man turns like ask anybody about me and that studio. I lays it down. That's anybody that's the best of the best, the best.
Speaker 6: That's how you get best. He don't talk like that, but I'm talking for him. Yo, you just said ask anybody. I know how you feel.
Speaker 2: But when they let me ask you something, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Stuff when they talk about that top five producer all the time, and when sometimes they leave you off that list.
Speaker 3: They just asked you.
Speaker 25: Tune J just asked you last week, were you better than a hit man? Absolutely say the bad boy hit me as bad boy? Yeah, yeah, that ship.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, that's my man, but a man rapper as well.
Speaker 3: This answer the question. We need you to get that's the way you know. You don't believe. And I want to have you interview another artist that would be because.
Speaker 2: This is what I think about track mass personally.
Speaker 12: I think that before I feel like the Neptunes is like everybody knows. I feel like track Masters was the first like famous producer duo and hip hop.
Speaker 2: Like Terry Terry and Jammy j What was Jammy? You guys are that for hip hop?
Speaker 26: The first?
Speaker 11: That's Steve's market league.
Speaker 3: Steve took out ads and billboard for producers. I was buying full pages bro full page ads and bill Boy.
Speaker 6: You guys don't even know the type of psychlean you say being calm.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no. You can be as calm as you want.
Speaker 2: You don't see what we do. We put We put our faces on on things.
Speaker 3: Our canvas is right there in the wall to be gone. No, just to promote ourselves because of you, because we look at ourselves. And now was.
Speaker 2: Who was that first meeting like with Reebok when you said, I want you know what it is.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 15: How did you.
Speaker 6: I can talk for so long about so much things, then it won't even make any sense.
Speaker 3: It will be out of contact.
Speaker 2: You can't nothing about fall.
Speaker 3: I can have Kobe Bryant and Lebron James to do a separate sports version of this, still turning the same thing, jay Z. And that's well saying about me. I do my thing to the maximum on all levels. That's my problem.
Speaker 6: When I get involved, I go all out, whether it be producers, whether it be artists, whether it be athletes.
Speaker 3: I doesn't know one thing. All the funk out that's my problem.
Speaker 6: That's queens, that's out by the first person really like. The nigga who taught me the business was a guy named no Face.
Speaker 3: Mark Ski. Yeah, he had He had a group called b w P Business Problem. Mark Ski took me to no He took me to.
Speaker 6: Before I liberated after after he bitch is flipping on like and he took me down to the ship in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Mark Ski, he was so talented, so so smart.
Speaker 6: He used to tell me how talented shot G was Flavor, Flavor could play the piano.
Speaker 3: It was like he would just like get me there. And I was still living at home with my parents, and I just was. I was just ready.
Speaker 6: And the one thing he always made me realize I had to know was if you knew an artist, what label were they on. If I ever asked you an artist and you don't know label Lane, I'll never return your phone call. So you guys be an artists. I have to know label laboring, who produced the song. That's why I'm so fucking hip hop fluid, because I just know everything. I just I spent the time if I didn't know it. It feels like if I don't know the facts.
Speaker 3: Around something, you don't think that's an error thing. Though maybe I think the error of shots.
Speaker 27: We all read the credits, shot the credits, no more, we still need to know. No, Jesus, you got my life. I don't know why we think she she was tired.
Speaker 3: I knew she was tired. He brought you up. Listen while we're hitting her. Yes, there's a lot of things that you're talking about. Yes, why didn't he shine baked in the business?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, yeah, never mind that he got went in and aforded.
Speaker 3: But he I thought everybody loved him, but no one everybody, nobody loves.
Speaker 2: This is a trick question.
Speaker 12: No, I swear the fact that shot sounded like Big, but he has a DJ even though.
Speaker 3: The Very Team, which was a dope record, then he had the other record, right, But I think that.
Speaker 12: It was always like his achilles heel, that he's that they introduced him as sounding.
Speaker 2: Like Big and he's on Bad Boy. Had he not come out on Bad b.
Speaker 3: It was you. But but if people say he goes the next Big and the frustrating you put out. Meggas are like, I love this ship.
Speaker 2: Dope.
Speaker 4: I think let me, let me, let me just interject for one second. I think that Sean would have actually been like like, you're damn.
Speaker 3: He was the next one.
Speaker 2: Look, I think the next one when he came home.
Speaker 3: Is that what he's saying?
Speaker 4: When he came home, he could have been like super huge. But what happened was Colin rushed a verse. Remember when Sean came home, the k put him on the record. Nobody here, nobody knows what you're tongu No, no, no, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 3: What happened was, oh yeah, I remember, I remember, I remember. What happened was he came out high cort case. Yeah, he caught the listen. Listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 15: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: And it was a bad verse. It was really a quarter case.
Speaker 3: He he went away.
Speaker 2: His anticipatient home.
Speaker 3: Was like Phil Knight. It was his first verse was terrible.
Speaker 2: No I did that didn't feeling.
Speaker 3: This wasn't he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Said he used good stout, good stout.
Speaker 3: You said he rushed it.
Speaker 4: No, but the worse it through everybody or it was his voice tempo wasn't as the.
Speaker 26: Same it was off.
Speaker 2: It was it was a shine is dope, But because.
Speaker 3: I rushed it, you could tell what I mean? No, no, dispet the colay all upesn't make any.
Speaker 6: Sense what you're saying. No, No, you don't like him when he sounded like Big, but then when he came back on some new voice.
Speaker 2: Listen saying this is what's listen.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 4: If Sean would have came home with Big, same voice as he had prior to that, if he would have came home with that voice, he would have been a new tupac.
Speaker 3: Nah, don't I think you're wrong? He would have been somewhere around that range.
Speaker 2: No, No, you know I'm gonna trut. I'm a corrected.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: What you're saying is is that it's not.
Speaker 12: That he sounded dope and he sounded like Big and then we don't accept him again.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying to get to it this. No, no, no, what happened to him? People liked his music. He did nothing wrong, he just didn't didn't seem to do it.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 4: No, when he came home he had he had to be deported. It you gotta I can tell you this friendly as being a part of a legendary.
Speaker 3: Who called Copona and Oriega. Component in Oriega has five hundred thousand every year in the Europe. Every year. All we gotta do is spend thirty days in the year. But at some point in certain parts of Europe it's terrible. It's freezing like ship. So you would go there and you would get how do you smoke me? And your eyes are right?
Speaker 4: Because because I'm your friends, I wanted.
Speaker 3: To be your friend for so long. I just want to keep my life together because I just want to give more money. I just want and I feel like I feel like I've reached that flat till now.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta be like you gotta help me in some way, take more safe shape for more president somewhere.
Speaker 3: I need to start wearing white suits at some point, you know, I need to do like.
Speaker 2: You gotta give me raped class. You gotta give me somewhere somewhere I could.
Speaker 3: I know who else you said something, Jim Jones. Jim Jones is a great producer.
Speaker 6: If Jim Jones had an artist in different music in front of him, I'd have to put the artists in the.
Speaker 2: Music to look how many artists introduced Max B.
Speaker 6: Jim Jones is tough. Jim Jones, I just don't get along with him. It always happens like that. I don't care about that part, and I go through that part like, uh, first of all, for me, I know what.
Speaker 3: Fifty's talented? Oh god, is he talented? He's not talented rapper writer, he's talented. Jim Jones is talented.
Speaker 6: Like the just meaning like Na's and jay z are the problem with rap music was it mean if you were if you weren't a talented rapper, then everybody else was like fake versions of them. And the truth of the matter is there's so much talent that the art for me staring and like with jay Z and Nas do specifically are words. Fifty is Vince McMahon. He's Vince McMahon. Vince McMahon is the best. Vince McMahon is so good that when he actually copied and tried to make the NFL, if you look at the camera angles that.
Speaker 3: They copped that they did, that's what the NFL uses now, vis vic Man overhead? Can the overhead?
Speaker 6: Can Victor Man invented that we were watching the NFL every day when he started that bullshit football league that no one watched. It was terrible, but he produced the shit out of an idea. That's fifty cent. Fifty cent is ridiculously talented at a thing. Jim Jones is talented at a thing.
Speaker 3: When you put Jim Jones nas fifty those guys together, as you talk about culture, if they were to make a product, it would be Disney. These guys are great.
Speaker 6: It's just that everybody's so separated that these things don't come together. You don't put the writer, the animator, the storyteller, anything together, but if you ever put him.
Speaker 2: Together, so it's like a lack of team.
Speaker 3: How the fuck you think Batman happened? That's not one guy. Just show this guy.
Speaker 6: That's five guys together saying this guy, listen, this house come from city and a fucking thing up in the sky.
Speaker 3: That took five guys, but it rapped me in. Those five guys can't talk to each other because one guy is making money doing this, that and that, so you don't funk each other. That's fucked up. That's right. I'm living this speeches on dream chaps in my life. That's listen. I'm visualizing what he's saying, I'm good. I gotta sleep that night. I gotta deal with myself.
Speaker 2: Listen, Bron, what about pray?
Speaker 3: How about me? Pray for me? I gotta go to sleep.
Speaker 28: And I know this ain't way too smart like and we ate d D that ship you just said, like and you gotta sleep with yourself?
Speaker 3: You way too smart and with himself.
Speaker 7: No, I can't I get why he's rich and everything, but that they could figure out life.
Speaker 3: The boy happened like.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow was gonna have yo, I know, just stupid like like like like you know, what's the ship conspiracy?
Speaker 3: The ship with tom here's another question? He going like that Rock and then Rock kN ray Kawan wh is ray Kwan said, he's a great I think one of the best lyrious, one of the best lyricists. All be honest with you. He goes down. He's there.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of them past Beanie.
Speaker 3: I ain't think that far, but okay, Jada kiss past that.
Speaker 2: He's past that in that group.
Speaker 3: Okay, what we say, No, it's just not disrespectful. If you lost every rap about na, like yeah, that's cool. Then who they are there? The elite lead We'll start coming off of that thing. Who's the guy, who's the one? Kanye?
Speaker 4: And let me this is why it's gonna get very controversy right now. Lyrics wise, listen, don't wanna stop.
Speaker 3: We're talking about lyrics.
Speaker 2: It's a different thing.
Speaker 3: Did you say it started?
Speaker 2: Because the thing that is starting of everything starting and starting?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, So now I need to understand your questions.
Speaker 4: So you're saying you understands of all times lyrics again, lyrics.
Speaker 3: I don't watch this. Let's move on. No, we started, it's not doing. It's not good for I gotta be careful, Yeah, be careful. No, I'm gonna be strenk Champs. You guys gotta get other people.
Speaker 4: But then they need to come and defend another thing about it. I'm gonna tell you something. I'm gonna tell you something. I am not politically working at all, though nobody pay me. I always said one drink, Champs, and you could record this I am. I said that for young recorded here's the crazy ship for young people. Because we had first started with CBS, Big up CBS.
Speaker 3: We have no problem with.
Speaker 2: Their no longer CBS.
Speaker 3: We are no longer as CBS, but they are longer CBS were longer CBS, and we drink champs. Yeah, but let me just say something.
Speaker 2: Well it sounds confusing, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: In a second.
Speaker 2: They gave us we're multiple deals.
Speaker 3: We got our lives the whole four style through. Ok So, look, so the thing about it, you got that Johnny Blue though I never but you know what, and I'm supposed to get shout of that because you took Johnny Blue is so smooth. I'm in, I'm not here, I'm in. I'm sorry. Powerfult be very happy, said Diagio. Brand.
Speaker 2: He's distributed everything.
Speaker 3: Why would he he'd be happy. It's a family brand. Guys, listen, how far you want to go to this conversation. This is what we do at dream Chat and listen, let me tell you something. That is that an auto take that I feel like you went away from you were saying, it's an audible Let me tell you something. What does that mean that? Listen? Change? I started noticing class.
Speaker 6: Pull out.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's okay, all sudden starts to be in Spanish, don't don't but stout like you've been.
Speaker 3: The guy to sit at because because let me just let me just.
Speaker 2: Big you up.
Speaker 3: For one second. Okay, please please, can let me get this for men? Like? The thing is this is just taking the I'll take a shot of that with you should take you? Are you drinking? I think I think it's time. I think it's not. I'll take a shot. Okay, I mean I'm talking about that. I'll do it. I don't I don't want you was the guys listen, I have to please. I need everybody to sit back and relax. I don't see. And the thing about style is no stout.
Speaker 2: I gotta big you up.
Speaker 3: Is you recognize hip hop was was? We were the new rock and rolls in my opinion? Can you let me big you up?
Speaker 2: Sorry, sir, I felt like you.
Speaker 3: Knew hip hop was the new rocking roll.
Speaker 2: And you got behind the two biggest.
Speaker 3: You got behind guns and roses. He wasn't involved with guns and roses. I'm giving an analogy.
Speaker 1: Analogy, this analogy. That's what people think that much. You got behind the biggest.
Speaker 3: People that we had.
Speaker 4: You had access to jay Z, you had access to nons, and you got behind them and you pushed them in every.
Speaker 3: Sure ever knew short what shout am I taking forgot? It's a Johnny Blue. We just said, thank shutting me down. You can tell, you can tell, right, you tell, I wasspect the ship. I just wanted to get money with you four years ago. This was that is not working out for me. It's not working out. That's right, got smoother, that's right. Yeah, she comes.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking because when Johnny you want to give us everybody.
Speaker 3: Come on, you should just take this around. Guys have a great time. They're gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: It's a great Johnny Blue. I love you guys.
Speaker 3: It's very struggling than I thought it was. It's very slid. I think Johnny Blue should be part of this. Guys, tell PF just having it. It's no big deal.
Speaker 2: No tell us you want to on the bill.
Speaker 3: Let's do what you got. The guys will rock. You gotta coo me only obligators.
Speaker 4: What we do have?
Speaker 3: Gratis killer you all? What is it to kill you? A lot of you guys? Are you guys have tacos? Yeah? We should band.
Speaker 4: We could tell you've been in rap game since kidding play because you are drinking.
Speaker 3: I think that's incredible, man, I think that's incredible. What did I do my job when I think that's amazing is that I look young, by the way, forty seven. Goddamn I've been doing all my life. Oh no, it's not. I've been doing it since I was twenty one years old. Goddamn stuff. All I've done is watch ship. All I've do is watch artists go up and watch them fall off and watch them go up. Watch So that's twenty one years old. That's how I feed my family. I don't have no like.
Speaker 12: This is what I do.
Speaker 3: I'm like, talk to me. I'm not lying. I'm not making anything up. You lived and breathed it, every ounce of it, and I won't stop.
Speaker 6: And as soon as it starts to feel like I'm like, like I don't understand what's going on or some bullshit, I won't do it no more. I don't want I'm not corny. I'm not doing anything corny. I'm not gonna be last nigging the club doing dumb ship.
Speaker 3: Look at you, that's what that's actually we could make that.
Speaker 2: I mean, ever gave an artist like information?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. That's awesome. You know I'm great. Have you ever gave artists like this information and you told him I'm good?
Speaker 2: I say my album bitch backwards say I do.
Speaker 4: I actually was not gonna nobody you ever ever gave some artists information and then it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the thing like and you're wrong, you were wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take fifty says its all the time. Fifty says it. Fifty.
Speaker 6: I said to him he shouldn't sign to uh Eminem's label.
Speaker 3: You said he shouldn't signed to end what he was saying there.
Speaker 6: What I was saying was if he was saying in the death row, because it's what he was saying was so fucking crazy and truthful and honest and hard. I didn't want him to get confused as this like guy who could have.
Speaker 3: Been slightly comical because Eminem had detwe what you yeah, no, no, no, not a comical label, but just like a label that was great music.
Speaker 12: But because for some reason, I mean, I can't I don't think I can articulate it.
Speaker 6: But eve been a part of what they were doing that was like is this honest or is this shock value? And like, if Drake did it, it would be easy. And I was telling fifty, be easy, you're easy.
Speaker 3: But he couldn't have been that for shame fifty is one n he did. He did everything. He's a hard working. But where do y'all go on the Madison's Great Garden. We see the pictures we went where you know where we went wrong.
Speaker 6: We went wrong because I said that he didn't make a record a long time that was in and I say it on the radio station or something, and.
Speaker 3: He's seen it me like that, right, So he told it to you at the Nick game.
Speaker 6: And yeah, that's right. I can't walk in God's footsteps. I'm not afraid of nothing, no, no what to think about it. But I'm not afraid. I'm not is the truth of the matter is. It's not like I was surprised when Puffy showed up in.
Speaker 3: My office after hit me now, but he didn't show up before guys showed up. I wasn't surprised. I'm not surprised when to the game and I seen he was with me when I see I'm not afraid. He's I'm not afraid of things, but I'm not. I'm not afraid of But this is actually different. This is doesn't make a difference. But when guys start talking at we're gonna kill you this that bullshoe No, you're just saying.
Speaker 6: That's how the business turns a problem into like the problem goes from this is a problem.
Speaker 3: To the real problems. We're gonna kill you. Well, we're gonna do this like Okay, great, sounds like a lot of people. It sounds like and then what it sounds like you? This is all nobody says that.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying. The underlying theme about beefing is what happens if you lose that?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna die? Is your all of a sudden, you guys under standing when I say one word, what the fuck did you think I was saying?
Speaker 2: That was a lot of words?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think it got a little weird.
Speaker 4: War.
Speaker 3: It's a non stop, stop style. I'm in the business man. I'm doing this ship in a high lovel bro I'm not fucking around doing this ship for rain.
Speaker 6: I'm doing this ship at the hall level. I'm making millionaires. Yes, it's making a lot of money. I'm changing the way things happen. When you're in the front line, you gotta deal with front line things. You're CEO wartime piece, wartime CEO, peacetime CEO. I'm the CEO of war time in peacetime. This peacetime is cool.
Speaker 3: It's what time.
Speaker 6: You gotta deal with those type of things. You gotta be able to deal with that. And I love those guys.
Speaker 3: I respect those guys. I respect those guys. I respect those guys. If it was some bullshit I didn't respect that, I wouldn't care. I respect guys who I love what top dogs doing m hm, love it on his own rules. This is how we're doing this. We're gonna lose this.
Speaker 4: And you want how was it being the president in the school, because I can you woman describe how we looked at in the school.
Speaker 2: Was the first rap artist.
Speaker 3: Acadella was the first artist. You know, Akandela got running the other before Nons. I definitely did know. He's schooling to be right.
Speaker 21: Got the deal because because everybody got hooked on the re rate, that was the ship.
Speaker 3: Nobody even keep talking though everybody bought that. No rhymes, ah hooky things have a classic that's really digging deep. He was pulling bitches away. He's playing. Okay, how about this? Ally had Nas in the.
Speaker 6: One B position. Nas couldn't get a deal. Acannelly got other deals. It was like, yo, you know what put my nigga Nas on.
Speaker 3: Big.
Speaker 6: That's how fucked up things are. When our phone gets so big, the money gets involved, fucks everything up. I tell you, tell is my best friend.
Speaker 3: You go through talking.
Speaker 6: It's my best friend. You know why he's my best friend because until money. So that's fucking with girls or religion. You even know who your best friends are. Absolutely, and we've survived those topics, the things.
Speaker 3: That's why we're best friends. Best friends have to go through that thing and I can only and I is when Aconolic got the fame. He didn't say Nas was better than me. He was academy. He knew that he couldn't fuck with this man on the sixteen.
Speaker 6: I couldn't even you, crazy sneaker is all the world's past the margin.
Speaker 3: God, I'm the fucking bullshit. Put it in your mouth. God, shout out to that's my that's my guy. Man, you're going.
Speaker 6: That's how it goes, man, it's like that in the streets. It works like that music in business, man, you are you.
Speaker 3: Great or not?
Speaker 12: How do you feel about do you think the industry corrupted hip hop culture?
Speaker 6: I think that money comes in and when money comes in, but what's gonna happen is obvious, Like money comes in.
Speaker 3: And changes all of the outcomes. So that's some money does It's like it happened in rock music. You know, MTV goes on this eyes yeah.
Speaker 6: Hip hop, yeah, I mean like we needed all of a sudden. If you if you're gonna grow, the consequences of growth is mass adoption, and the massive adoption is corruption.
Speaker 3: That's all. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just the way it is.
Speaker 6: Rock and roll got big and all of a sudden, it was guys. Look at White Snake. They were compared to Bruce Springsteen. White Snake is a rock at there's the rock ats they were doing. I always use White Snake as an example because White Snake, Nelly, Chaule, Ludi, Chris, they're all really talented people.
Speaker 3: They're all talented people, but they all have something in common. They had to follow the core truth of something and they were all.
Speaker 6: In all the world and sent advised to do something that wasn't really at the court of truth of the hip hop thing.
Speaker 3: Man, lay down here every day, you know, you gotta do this hip hop man. Like for me, I may not ever make a billion dollars. Everybody, but if I'm saying this on your show, just relaxed. Would ask somebody feeling that. But if I tell the truth and it takes me as far as I can go, that's a billion dollars. Man. The truth is that you're free, said matter.
Speaker 6: Fun with my man, I'm good. I'm gonna keep pushing ship forward. I know nobody can funk with me. They can try to talk to me, they can't funk with me. They can't even.
Speaker 3: It's close. It's as looks just still got that tell that SI stop.
Speaker 4: Look, I tried to be a member of so you you lost good? That stops and my wilding out Menimo, this is my first time being the memoir and.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't matter. Yea, you don't. It's I don't want mustache bed.
Speaker 29: Look, I'm saying, stop to say anything about me.
Speaker 3: But why do you think that's the right. Look? Stop coming up me, I think think about me. I'm gonna man, I got anything you gotta and young guys got the same bit.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 3: You haven't talked to him about this. I talked about your friend. I don't want to know. Definitely needs a friend. Hamp Why you look a thing? Because I gotta relax you. But why do you want to thin? But you let off you like the Black Show. I guess what stop? I got your back with me. Wire mean stop, trust me, I got the crowd right. Don't go at me. My god, there's not even no money in your way. It's trying to figure out I love you stuff that mustache state it's better statement, but it's stuff. I'm part week. Stuff you can go to be racial, you know, and look, you gotta call over got it. He was so scared because you know he went at the l g B t B t B t B. You gotta realize you are safe. What did they say?
Speaker 4: You've never said no, you are phantastic. Everybody got scared cause I said l g B T Yo. Listen, they got all of us niggas show.
Speaker 3: I mean why you're good with the l g B T I'm rich. He loves am.
Speaker 2: I I'm looking to took a shot of that.
Speaker 3: I think right, that one you didn't take. That you avoided everything, but that one.
Speaker 2: Stars like a glory on the law, on the law.
Speaker 4: That's why we reconnect back then, because he's actually like, look, tone.
Speaker 3: Is ready to leave. It is important to me. I want my manning to get everything. You got something to say. You don't do this much. You know he's doing this because is on here. You want to say anything. You are the best at what you do and you don't talk about and still the best that with you, So you don't do this. That's my job. Track masses to top five, That.
Speaker 4: Lie I gotta stop for a second. Track Masters is top three. If a person ever bring up Nono, do.
Speaker 3: You want me to take this from me? A person ever bring up the top its producers.
Speaker 4: When you look at a person like NNS and you look at ill Man, and when you look at el Madic and Illmatic, to me, this is just me, and anybody can debate me, or anybody can say fuck you, no real anybody. But a lot of times when I want a person to study hip hop, I want them to start from Ellmatic and then I want you to go back. And when you go back and you study Ellmatic and then you go back. It was written was that first album?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 15: Is that it?
Speaker 3: And it was written it? It was so needy for oh fucking too, that sample, that sting sample from professional talking about that too, he said, No, I'm like Lona's dum I'm like Tom. Tom played that ship for me first. I'm like, I couldn't believe that I had And it was the first time in my life I knew I had a person that understood it like me. When he played that tample he played for me.
Speaker 6: He didn't play it for me like on some like he plays to me, Like, Yo, this ship is right, I said, I take it to Nas. Nas heard it and said, nah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to do it. Facts, I said, tell him, Nas want to make this record. I trust this guy's he's shovel. He's special, super special. He sees things. You gotta let him do his sting. Yeah, let him play his game.
Speaker 6: He's an awesome spades player too, You'll let him do his stink top five.
Speaker 3: By the way, jay Z stopped ducking me on the spades game. There's about of stuff and ship. You gotta relax. I'm about so he's doing this ship. He plays his ship for me. I'm like, I go back there. I was like, guy, you're gonna do this ship And I'm like if I could rot, it'd be terrible if I could rat, but I can't.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, and how you're not gonna wrap over this ship, and you hurt that ship, you hurt the message. The message is ridiculous. That's the way to start off on the album. But it took time to get there and Tone, Tone and Nas. I get a lot of credit for NAS's career, and but my insight, a lot of what I've done, it was really built off of my partners understanding.
Speaker 3: A thing.
Speaker 14: Like that. I like that.
Speaker 4: I really liked that, all right, and this and this your forget the right story I wanted to give My membership is so off.
Speaker 3: Look listen, I'm from left right. I used to shoot people who stached out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that you got you gotta realize playing Joe, he was feel was a shooter. To my say, is a legend. My share has never been fifty was you know.
Speaker 2: A stop shooting guys?
Speaker 3: I'm never shot that was Hey, buddy, you never to shoot his It was like you guys, just like it wasn't even like a thing like he's a shooter. Shot niggas too, was a shooter. Look under this ship tell us about you.
Speaker 6: But if you were a shooter, you weren't necessarily the boss Nigga you're pulling the team exactly the fact.
Speaker 3: Lead this side of the life. That's the fact. Let him talk.
Speaker 2: The shootings inside of life, real talk for that person. That of the is that life was decided.
Speaker 6: There was shoots, niggas shoot is like, that's the shooter. This that But if you were the Boss Snigger and you had a team together and you had a shooter on.
Speaker 3: The team, absolutely saying it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that, but how okar was it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 30: Like now, now you're probably the only person in the world that has access to to jay Z and Nas at the same time.
Speaker 3: Still still and and listen, I'm gonna just I'm gonna throw this out there. I look at them like the two tycoons. I look at them like the the fucking.
Speaker 2: Fast this is this is it.
Speaker 31: This is hip hop to me, these two guys you the only access to the tooist tycoons in the world. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: Stop. If I was you, I would have did so crazy like I.
Speaker 2: Just pissed on people for the reason why they.
Speaker 3: Fig you up and big you up. This is what I would have did about it. I'll just pissed on people. You know what.
Speaker 15: Was pissed.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, stop, why the fuck is you that humble? And you had You're the only person in the world, in my opinion, that had access to them. Boll they guys, they went through it. How the fuck do you make and then and then listen if you have to maintain your relationships, bom, this is tycoons.
Speaker 3: This is not for vernal saurus. I don't even know what that.
Speaker 2: Just robbed me, not robbing me ours.
Speaker 3: This is why we this is why we get it get we make up dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: We make up dinosaurs and you're the only.
Speaker 3: Guy in the world. Is it awkward? Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, don't start opening. Okay, tell me it's it's awkward because I mean I.
Speaker 3: Deserve to be in the room. M deserve what I deserve to be in the room. Okay, take it for me, you know, artist man of that level. My job is it's always make sure what do you need? I see, j what do you need? Now? As what do you need? I love these guys. I don't care about the money. Man. If I mean it about money, it would be different. Mm. But it's not about money. I love those guys. I can't even believe I know both of those guys. I speak to them. There's not a week that goes by. I don't speak Then and jay Z. I speak you crazy. It's to me that that's a crazy idea. I speak Then and jay Z every week or every day, all the time. It has nothing to do with anything. It's real. It's a real relationship. You have people you speak to you every other.
Speaker 28: Day, and mean you aren't seeking trying to make it a normal thing that you even know what that's done on a normal day.
Speaker 11: That's not normal.
Speaker 3: It's it's not.
Speaker 4: Your listen stuff, and it's just this comes. A part of me begging you up is because you were the only person in the hip hop who could have fixed that situation.
Speaker 3: They're not to take credit for it.
Speaker 2: You don't take credit for No.
Speaker 3: No, you don't understand how great they are. They don't. It's fucking Shakespeare and Picasso. It's not really a thing.
Speaker 6: It's Shakespeare. If you're making Shakespeare, Picasso's no problem. They don't argue with each other or fight with each other.
Speaker 3: They're like.
Speaker 6: Great, but no, damn, ye don't believe he believe the things. The way they see the world I can't believe I'm around it.
Speaker 3: But but but but stop, but stop, let me just let me just pick you up once and once again.
Speaker 4: You're probably the only person that had access to the most toof No.
Speaker 3: But see, Puff had bad Boy and he had I had no Yeah, I had no alterium motives that so I got everything. Nigga finished my sentence. That was the exact sentence I was saying, was a lot of people had as motives are. I don't want you to drop a lot of I'm sorry, I was. I was trying to have you people.
Speaker 4: But you was the only guy that in the middle, prior to the beef, in between the beef, and after the beef, that had access to the two most.
Speaker 3: Likes the part of the show.
Speaker 4: But you had access to the most Nigga's two icons and hip hop.
Speaker 3: You need I.
Speaker 4: No, but how how does that feel to be when access to the two biggest icons ever in hip hop?
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna be honest with you, as a person that that know you, like halfway know you, I know you. You was uncomfortable during that that situation was I was not uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: You wasn't more than that James Beef. You wasn't at all, because when beef is clear, No, we know it wasn't.
Speaker 3: No apology.
Speaker 2: Continue like he's a queen's nigga. You can want him to sit. No, he's for queens you know and other queens nigga.
Speaker 3: I apologize. Continue.
Speaker 23: So the best ropers of all time? You want to go there and now that later because it was of all task Yo, science what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Queen?
Speaker 4: No, I don't remember our engineers the Queens, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anybody else from Queens operated green You from Queens.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying we could debate the best rappers of all time.
Speaker 3: From wherever they're from. You don't Miami. Nobody ever says, Oh, I'll tell you Miami a bro as and H and L and.
Speaker 6: Fucking trap Corp. Queens, Uh huh, your Rockums on Island and Bob.
Speaker 22: D Okay, you deleting all the West Coast Crew was one of the best to do it too.
Speaker 3: Queens.
Speaker 2: You're not accepting that.
Speaker 3: Queens? Oh okay, that was battling you got. The battle is always Queens versus Brooklyn. It's not even close.
Speaker 11: Okay, you wins every time.
Speaker 3: He has better rappers and broke to you. My friend too. I got Big and jay Z, I don't. I don't know what to tell you. I got Nas, I got your Chea Rod, I got trap Cake Quest, I got Big Daddy. I ever got lots.
Speaker 11: I haven't Big Daddy Kane.
Speaker 23: You know, Big Daddy's this big L, BIGL.
Speaker 3: Come on, you know Big Daddy Kane really literally literally just shake the left of this first album. Wow, I wasn't I wasn't ready. What's the second album? You don't know? He wasn't all. I was google that. Let's turn out, yo, I love Dophins was the second alum Big, Big Daddy, Big Madonna. Yeah, that was. This was so realized. You already saying everything. We're saying things. I think Big Daddy Cane didn't fall off to Big Daddy Came. It is a two fucking ridiculous rapping kids rap.
Speaker 6: Big Daddy Came did not have the fucking j No, you need, motherfucking it's not even experience.
Speaker 3: You need what Nigga got, like the the ability to run the long race, the long run. He can't fuck Madonna. Come on, Madonna. That was like career stop.
Speaker 4: List stop to stop me, please, it's not listen stop listen. Let me pick you up right now, because if you listen right here, that's no problem. No, no, I'm just telling you. If you're saying Big Daddy Kane had a better career Rock.
Speaker 2: Cam, nobody said that he did.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't rock rock him. What are you talking about? Right?
Speaker 2: The worst of best at the.
Speaker 8: Rock rock Kim had that first album was classic, second album was dope.
Speaker 3: Then I mean, I mean rock Kim.
Speaker 11: The lyricist rock him is come on the still there.
Speaker 3: But I think Big Daddy King's career was a better career rock. Do you think Big Day Kim is a better one better than rock Cam? Is that what you're saying? He said career better than rocket career had.
Speaker 8: LJ has a better rap career than most people.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to be in conversation talking about how about who do you think you had a better career ice Cube or right? Career? Is ice Cube as a rapper?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 3: As a rapper? The problems get tough. That's tough. That's tough. That's that's a very tough saying. Career overall is.
Speaker 4: Ice c what's getting played? The guy that had just didn't the kapper Knap we'll see and Bill Moore? Bill Moore, Yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing? You know they listen the black community fried kidd and play. Do you understand what I'm saying? Stuff?
Speaker 4: I fried kidd't play because Kidd and play was the he posed as the white.
Speaker 3: Guy you're being. Was that crazy?
Speaker 2: Was that crazy as the.
Speaker 3: Person what you're doing right now? I know what that like? That know what? That great?
Speaker 4: And that's very disrespectful because because sometimes we don't want I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: I'm asking because you know, I'm just a journalist. This is a journalist A question at this point is this when it starts.
Speaker 4: Listen, we respect you, Steve Stout. I just want you to know that in case you didn't know that, I respect. Ship is clean, nor ship is clean clean.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you you did Lisa. Let's left I too, right, Let's talk about that. He said left file first.
Speaker 6: She passed away. Yes, we had her first. You know it's not any medium. I want to man more respectful.
Speaker 3: I pologized, said, was my girlfriend very early my Careerly, that's beautiful. Let's talk about that. Let's talk about sex. No, no, that's sex. I didn't say that. I said you had you was with that's that's like one of the biggest with themself thirteen million.
Speaker 12: Even that condolence is actually you know what I'm saying, like like that must have been hurtful.
Speaker 2: Man, she ain't trying to burn.
Speaker 3: Your off down right. He took it like, no, try. We all heard. We all heard it. You you you know I'm wrong. You haven't heard. We all heard for that, and I would imagine you heard more. It was tough. She was talented, man, she's super talented.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yo, ho' done everything, by the way. That's that's how that's for me.
Speaker 22: People want to manage my manager, I crib you cat down pictures in him left.
Speaker 3: I just chilling, like go on vacation. I'm like, you know how, Like I'm looking at him like, how do you even know the s girl? Oh you're swimming in the water, swimming underwater, snorkeling. Yeah, pictures on the water.
Speaker 2: There stopping rich fava.
Speaker 3: You know what under the water. You know you drink all the good wine by yourself?
Speaker 2: No, I love it comes, I'll hang out, wanting to hang for twenty.
Speaker 3: This is this. Don't glad you got my phone number? Now we're gonna make it.
Speaker 4: I've been hitting right, you don't make it right. We've been coordinating, Yes, we've been coldly.
Speaker 3: You think that your mustache for bats right, I'm so comfort you're taking this pi a right either a go?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 26: I niggas on the what's the game of thrones? Because I don't want to just do you think there's a thing called tooth thin?
Speaker 3: I have no idea about. But let's say, coming off your go to tooth thin.
Speaker 2: Every other CEO to one hit, you take one hit?
Speaker 3: What're not doing?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 2: You're taking another shot it?
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do it. Let's do it. Come on, I'm hearing it. I'm here, let's get let's give another tackle and listen seem.
Speaker 4: Style track master's tone. We want you all to know that we love y'all. We appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: What y'all doing. W's where's cruise supporting me? Finished? We finished that, finished while.
Speaker 4: Made so many queens niggas, which I made it known to all my crew, and I told him, this is a guy. We gotta make sure his red carpet is laid out. We gotta make sure, thank you, we gotta make sure. We gotta make sure that that's why we had whiskey.
Speaker 6: I hate you, by the way, Listen, all bulls should have started. I'm grateful to be here. Thank you what you did, what you're doing. But you guys are doing it's not it's not not important.
Speaker 3: Whe does you make a lot of money or a little bit of money, It's important, Okay. I can't for us. I came here.
Speaker 6: Because if he didn't, we didn't have a one on one that I wouldn't do it. I love him, I love him too, and I just want to like keep pushing comfort forward, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't care about the other city. I just don't care. And I've been in a lot of rooms, with a lot of people, a lot.
Speaker 6: Of places, but hasn't changed my love for the for the art form, for the music, for what we all while we all have.
Speaker 3: When I when I pulled up and.
Speaker 6: I see the graffiti, I felt comfortable. I love graffiti. Graffiti means your home. Graffiti's like signs that equal oh you're on your way home.
Speaker 3: And I love that shit. So drink Champs and puff and vault and I know you're tired and shit, but listen, listen, let me tell you something. Stun I want you to understand this. This is one thing that I will. I would like the hip hop culture to understand.
Speaker 4: We finally have a platform where we probably have a thing where you can come here and you can promote your fitting head.
Speaker 3: And I'm a person like I have a platinum platu, I have four gold plaques. Yeah, I've got that.
Speaker 4: So when it's come timetable to promote something or talk to something.
Speaker 32: Who want our people to come to us first? And I feel like I owner everywhere here right now.
Speaker 3: Live in Miami. You gotta place, and you gotta place in New York too. You want me some nos in me? Tell them.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying this style. This is what I was trying to say to you. It's like, why not we just all support us no matter where it is?
Speaker 3: Aware that you could come up with a I don't know what this is. This is fly, I don't know. Can you tell me what this is called? This is a bag that holds wine? A bag that holds wine? Set up is right? And these ideas that they made with debasing the guys, this is different colors, you know. I mean, it's a queen figure for real. Let's make some nice.
Speaker 4: But but no this is real ship to think about hip hop. I just want to continue to support hip hop. What I mean by that style is hear me out. Of course, we could go to the traditional radio system, right, we could go to the traditional you know, sitting.
Speaker 3: Down with who we sat down with before. But let me just tell you something. The people didn't sat down with. Don't listen. Listen.
Speaker 6: He used to go around all around the country having dumb conversations trying to realize.
Speaker 3: But what I realized is this back in the days when we used to sell drugs in New York City. We used to sell drugs in New York City.
Speaker 4: But everybody used to get up or become rich if they go out of town.
Speaker 3: I bet you all your friends. The maker used to say, I'm going out of town and I'm getting rich. The thing about it is.
Speaker 2: Next getting rich is SoundCloud.
Speaker 4: Getting riches is staying right there selling your own product.
Speaker 2: In the same place.
Speaker 3: Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Yes, that's why Jay went to four the four forty four. He went and he sold it to only Sprint customers. Are you understand what I'm trying to say?
Speaker 33: So now we're doing a lot of things yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes, yes, yes, yes, I'm gonna do what I'm gonna of course, Man, you're saying all the right things.
Speaker 3: How happy to be here? Man, this hip hop gonna But you went from me it's hip hop? Will ever get any bigger? Oh no, we're still in the beginning it.
Speaker 6: That's the part that as long as we grab that, I'm there and I'm gonna work with the guys that people don't even think it's dope. You don't like the Little YACHTI is dope. Fucking I'm fucking with Lil Yachty. I'm fucking with what you're doing with their handshake, talking with everybody. If you were pushing culture forward, it's dope. It's wrapped, it's graffiti, it's this, it's that, it's fuck you.
Speaker 3: It's the truth. We don't have to like it.
Speaker 6: Old school niggas don't have to like it. But the truth of the matter is old school niggas who liked the beginning of Bob Dyling, they didn't like it, was like, what is that? I like Bob Deylan? What the fun is Nirvana? If you like Bob Dylan in the seventies, why would you like Nirvana.
Speaker 3: Like how Mellanan were dressing either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like that how Melion dressed even exactly. But as time goes on, you just have to keep going with the art form. You gotta understand what the truth is. And he keeps resetting itself. Alonzo Ball, Alonzo Ball.
Speaker 3: I don't know. He looks like missus Softy go away, like the whole look. You like his look. I don't like the way he plays. Man. He came out brother, how would he come at? Nah, he's a bum anywhere at all. He said, he's a bumb His father wants me to him. You know how great that he used to have won. Let's phone call. I need phone calls. I'm not looking at for phone calls. So goad, no, you got me. He was the first person that I just think he got. He got working and magic, magic endorse some he got working deal. You got magic the homie, right is it?
Speaker 6: It's magic the homie. You got to see if magic's the homie, massic the homie to me is magic the homie. He is this nigga running around shooting on nas.
Speaker 3: We can't do that. That's that's how you shoot ones walking around with a stupid face. You like his face?
Speaker 2: Anybody didn't like his face?
Speaker 3: We're doing it? Guys, what are you doing?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 3: Got in the own name? You know what I mean. There's a new thing we need to work out. Face the floor ratio Cat's out break that down it's from bigging of his friend. You don't think so what is it doing?
Speaker 15: On?
Speaker 3: Is from and in tones? Mind? Tone is texting you right now like I feel like you. No, he has some reduces from or increases price. We come listen, I'm gona be honest. They bring in the world is gonna but that is the one to miss, Queen. That's how queens is getting down. Kid. You know what am I saying? No, totally, you're just being Queen's the think about it. The world was gonna be like that? Did that now? I know? Really, Queen, this is bad. I don't know how you feel your job at No, I have no job to face race. I have no idea his face, it is it. The CEOs is always the worst. You listen, Look, you're trying to act like.
Speaker 7: What am I saying that?
Speaker 3: Shong, No, it's a beautiful thing. This is this is what we do.
Speaker 4: We love entertainment. Let's keep going Stout and you are a beautiful guest. I love you, and you know, listen Stout, I wanna be honest.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest. We had Leon, we had Kevin Lows.
Speaker 4: But when people told me that Stout wanted to do the show, I was so excited. One because you're from Queen's and I wanted to big up my fellow Queen's partner, but to because given like one of the unreachable guys, it should be in the industry, like the unreachable like like like it's hard, like if you don't need a private life, break that down, like.
Speaker 3: I don't do that. I don't need it. You know what, I don't need it. What I love is I love. I love the space, I love I love the honest about ship. I love laughing laughingly is the best, laughing.
Speaker 6: Fantastic, And like, I think we missed a lot of ship tonight. I think I don't know when I'm gonna do this ship.
Speaker 15: I don't.
Speaker 3: Think we missed a lot of ship because like what what what? What do you think we best more nuances that will push it on the edge, But we didn't like when when what's his name? The white guy who made all the money in the radio and radio how Howard.
Speaker 6: Started, but how it starts, you gotta go further, like when really touching all the way when I tell the truth, somebody has to hate him.
Speaker 3: I'm not making this out, So you want to you want to go there? Like because the thing.
Speaker 6: Because somebody has to say ship that's so fucked up, but it's true. Like but like how would Stir would say things about Madonna? Like somebody has to say something man like like I'm not making anything else.
Speaker 3: There's way more ship.
Speaker 6: We all the artists that we touched, all the things that we touched, we didn't tell the truth.
Speaker 3: We told most of the truth.
Speaker 2: So we're talking.
Speaker 3: About want to go there, okay, because we don't really want You just said we want to go there. We want to go there because the thing about it is you, the person who you have a book called America.
Speaker 4: That's right in America means you was making it all one series.
Speaker 3: So think about it once. Okay, Okay, I'm going there now now. I was, I was I was going to last. I wanted to my SOHO House card. But I'm gonna last. I'm gonna get that next year. No, no, no, not mean two.
Speaker 2: Weeks, right, But listen, so stout think about it.
Speaker 3: I can definitely eat it. So it's not more style. Let me live. So stout the thing about it? And when when when? When?
Speaker 14: You know what?
Speaker 4: But when thinking people think about it and they think about people like who's successful like you, people like successful like day, people successful like dam They always allude.
Speaker 3: To these people. Who is an aluminating there answer, I didn't know what they're talking about. That I am not. I am not successful in the dame category, in the category the dame category.
Speaker 6: When you said people like you like dame, I am successful in the the category of like I can't believe this nigga did that.
Speaker 3: I am not in the success I'm not in the category of like Illuminati, this, that and the third.
Speaker 6: I went past all of those things. I just want you to know that I don't wanna. I don't wanna. I don't wanna be mistaken by the guy who did well, who came from hip hop, who's stuck in that?
Speaker 3: No? Mm well, I guess the segue is, is is there an Illuminati? No? That's bullshit. No, No, that part is bullshit. I so want you to know that I've that I don't want that thing of those things to distort the truth. The truth of the matter is those are just like speed bumps doing the right thing.
Speaker 6: No Illumini, those are fake words. Man, there's no Illumina. There's no gathering of people saying we're gonna do this. There's no version of like like no, no, no, I never even never even call me for that party. I attend that party.
Speaker 3: I believe that Earth game like D and master P and two short and E forty and this that and the third, and you keep.
Speaker 6: Going, we're pushing something that's bigger than us forward, and all we hope is that at one point somebody says, these are the guys who pushed it. But while we're pushing it, we'd have no idea for We're going to have to get credit for it. I go to San Francist, see forty.
Speaker 3: It's like how much money I.
Speaker 6: Made or how much money forty made, or it doesn't even reflected our conversation. I see Chamellionaire was telling me a story the other day that was ridiculously fantastic. I don't know, when you're pushing something forward that's something that's bigger than you, you removed yourself from the equation, and you keep doing.
Speaker 3: That one thing.
Speaker 6: So when you say, oh, he's from Queens this, I'm pushing Queen's Oakland, Memphis, Houston, Dallas, all that shit, Compton, all that shit.
Speaker 3: I'm pushing all that shit forward.
Speaker 12: But mind you, he said Chameleionaire. So I think that's a lesson to be learned as well. People haven't heard Kamillion in the entertainment space.
Speaker 3: Communionare is a smart guy. He's been in entrepreneur entrepreneurship. I follow communion I feel it, and I don't care about that part. You're smart, you're talented. Let's push culture forward. That's what this show is. That's why I'm here. Drink Champions, And you may think you're doing something that's like uh drinking.
Speaker 6: You guys are pushing culture flowing. Man, you guys are doing. That's what you're doing. That's why I'm here.
Speaker 3: I'm not. All the other practs of it are meaningless.
Speaker 6: The part that's the most meaningful is that if you come here you say something, the world may actually hear it and actually do something as a.
Speaker 3: Result of it. Well I don't, I'm not. I don't need to be here to be hot, they became get hot. I don't do that. No, no, no, no, no no get hot.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 3: But stout. The only part that we want to correct you is is because we want to respect.
Speaker 4: Our culture, our coach is the only thing that I could only be disappointed in hip hop is when people get old and hip hop and people don't want to respect him. I just can't allow him, Like I can't allow that, Like I can't allow brother.
Speaker 3: I just can't. I just can't.
Speaker 4: I have to feel like I feel like nah I should be respected for the breast of his life. I feel like Jay should be respected for the rest of his life. And guess what, I'm gonna fuck y'all up right now. I feel like Javel the damage is even respect man, but maybe not respect us now his home.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But he still should be respected like we should our culture. Why why don't we like to think about rock and roll?
Speaker 31: Is they always respect?
Speaker 3: What was the guy? I had Carross Wimmers in my office. He was it when he was there. Yeah, those are my guys. You look at my brother. I got him. So Carross one came to my office and we were talking. This is rich.
Speaker 6: Stop this is chtop because of the office. I meet him and Chris says the man that he was homeless, going like this, mm hmm. He's beating this on the wall. And the guy who was hearing this is a guy who works in the homeless facility and that's Scotland Rock.
Speaker 3: And that's how they made the bridges of him. He was homeless when he made the record, No, he was, he was crazy. He's telling you this. He's a homeless guy begging against the wall. And the guy who has the big says, who the fuck is doing that?
Speaker 6: And then those guys make the bridges over and they sell the rights to that song to a company who distributes porn.
Speaker 3: You know what, I have.
Speaker 2: Stops childhood right there, you're telling.
Speaker 3: Us, and you know what, because they can't get out and when the song finally gets out through this porn distributions. Okay, no, no, it was a poor company put out Buggie down reducta. Yes, the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they didn't get a record there. That's how these things gone. The beginning and the innovation of everything has to pay damages to people who don't understand, people who don't believe it, and all.
Speaker 3: Of the other altercations of what means to go forward. That's all.
Speaker 6: It's no big deal. He's a homeless guy. He was shipping on em C shan when he was homeless. Ask him, he'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Yes, Chris, he was homeless. If you and he no, I'm seeing from him he was homeless, couldn't. I'm going he kept hearing this ship.
Speaker 2: He's in there and he's doing He's like, it's tight for the proms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy and he's homeless. Tell these guys need the whole thing, right. These guys were not fucking around. These guys are the real guys. Man.
Speaker 4: So now you, as a person that's an innovative hippie, you see how much intricate they were in their rhymes and how they put it together.
Speaker 3: And now you're still like the market genius. And now I know you as a person who started from kidding the play.
Speaker 4: And now you see these new guys because they ever bother you that they're not doing.
Speaker 3: The same work that you've seen these people doing back then. Well you're just still like the fuck it, I'm gonna get the bread. It's not even about the bread.
Speaker 6: I see it, I see the guy, I see parents, I see love, I see the difference between how you grew up and what matters to you versus what matters to them.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. I don't even think about it like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I was a cool herk when I cut you.
Speaker 6: I was in cool hirt fucking six months ago. Nobody even talks to cool Heart actually think I was with cool Hirk for I was. I was with cool Work talking to make sure you know how hard it is that famous Coolhork. You even know who norig is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what, No, stop, you know hard it is for cool Work. Don't even know who he is or you know who you are. That's cool hurt. You don't even about you from what you did.
Speaker 6: Cool Heart is not even talking right, Cool cool her barely talks to me. You he's not talking to me right. I speak to Dapper Dad.
Speaker 3: I speak the cool Hurt because I love what they did and whatever what happens to me. The cool the fucking Dapa, dang Gucci deal, your motherfucking writing to me, talked about that they gotta take that man goes on.
Speaker 2: Let me just stop.
Speaker 6: I can't believe how long this conversation's that's because I.
Speaker 9: Believe if I really told its first started, I feel like you first started and you said you've seen something about Dapper Dam.
Speaker 2: They got posted it was a It wasn't even Dabadam.
Speaker 4: You posted a lout a tone sure that Dapper Dan actually designed, and I'm not correct.
Speaker 3: You saying correct. You jacked me earlier. For you you've seen the whole ship.
Speaker 2: If you knew my ship was right.
Speaker 3: I just want you to know I respect you and I wanted to be sent. You've seen that. Yeah, we have to go. Even people was like he's good style. This ain't no free lyrics. The thing was we seen that. M hm, where good too?
Speaker 6: About niggas jack this man, this man is a legend. Dapper Dadda Dan is a legend. Dapper Dan is the reason why everybody wears Gucci and Louis Baitan and everything to this day. You don't have to know why, and you don't have to. Don't argue with me, don't be like fuck him and fuck you and you're old, and don't listen.
Speaker 3: I'm and this guy was doing everything. This guy was taking his ship and making.
Speaker 6: Sweatpants fitting, sweatshirts fitting, putting Louis vuittand and mcm and lash niggas cars. He was putting together an outfit for drug dealers and we all as droppers and then we copy drug dealers. He did it, and then they shut him down.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 6: They shut him down because Mike Tyson beat up. Mike Tyson beat up a boxer. Mike Tyson whipped the nigga in the ring for the money and then beat the nigga up.
Speaker 3: In real life, this dream mich greed.
Speaker 2: Let's greed's great.
Speaker 3: And in the world realized what is this place that people go to at night? And Bobby Ground.
Speaker 4: Sniff and Coke's about the cocaine stories saying Bobby Brown.
Speaker 3: Somebody thought that's wrong.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't say Bobby Brown is stepping coke because you thought he was sniffing something else. No, you thought he was sniffing coke. I just said it, Bobby Brown was sniffing coke. Bobby Brown is hitting you out with the Bobby jaw.
Speaker 3: Way before birthday, Murder had a birdie. Ain't didn't have it. No, No, he had a song of murd.
Speaker 15: Love.
Speaker 3: He did something. His jaw was like this before that, way before that, I don't know you're talking about. So did Dapper Dan is doing this and they come in on him. How do you have Mike Tyson beating up niggas the heavyweight champion in the world. Well, he used to explain it. He can't explain it. He shut him.
Speaker 6: Now they shut down Dappa Dad, but he may leave it time in Gucci at mcn everything that young urban black Latinos niggas. None of us could fit a size too. I may be bigger than all y'all niggas, but none of y'all could fit a size too. They were making sise twos. He was making custom made sweatsuits for all of us, and they shut them down.
Speaker 3: And I figured out twenty five thirty years later, we're gonna get it back. And now we get it back, and then we open up a Dappa Dan store and Gucci in Harlem Gucci, So we're using sop all of the prints from eighty two to eighty five. That's what we're doing. We're making Dapa damn shit, and that's what we're gonna do it.
Speaker 4: This is as a person, like as a person just looking from the outside, and I felt like you went crazy on Instagram at first because they.
Speaker 3: Had actually had a Louire baton. Did I go do that kind of insta heart? Did I? I don't want to do that hard JB. Yeah, yeah, you went home? What did I do?
Speaker 2: This is what I really wish I would wish I had't your number.
Speaker 4: You gotta get this on your chance, like because it was like it was something man, it was like it was a Luton, it was a girl.
Speaker 15: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be saying sorry, you know what I don't want to be. I want to be the guy.
Speaker 6: I want to I want to be a guy who I want to move country for. I don't want to be disrespectful. And if I was wrong and where a person, I didn't want to do that. I'm not gonna let this guy get robbed. I'm not gonna let you get robbed. I'm not gonna let you get robbed. Somebody starts this thing right now. They put three guys here and do a version of this show right and all of a sudden there's Orlando Bloom and fucking Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: Some other guy. Goddamn I one time Cruise taking my show. I mean saying that we're doing drink Champs I'd be like, Yo, that ship is fucked up. They rob them niggas. Who has that original idea drinking and talking. I don't like that type of ship.
Speaker 6: That's right, and my job is to never let that type of ship sustain itself without me saying I can't stop it.
Speaker 3: That's fine, but I'm gonna definitely say something about it.
Speaker 6: It's my job. The success of this show is not my job. The fact that no one can rob you of what you guys invented this my job.
Speaker 3: God damn split. And that's the part. Listen into the show. Okay, I'm not talking the more. No, no, I'm not talking now. I gotta in the show style this is please put it back in. Not doing that. I gotta. I gotta to big you up, to big you up. I have to big you up. I have to big you up. Listen, listen.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: In the hip hop we have to start saluting the people.
Speaker 4: That's more behind the scenes people will only salute damn got.
Speaker 3: So we love you, Stout, thank you for coming ahead, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Don't don't don't was like, damn, I don't know what Style invited me to his war right.
Speaker 3: He really absolutely, he's good. Man, he's good.
Speaker 2: That's a great person, that lessendary.
Speaker 3: Guyas listen, everybody you good.
Speaker 2: I'll take a shot of your ship.
Speaker 3: Whatever you pick up. Everybody's good. I will tell you I am thankful. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love what you guys are doing being here watching this whole thing come together.
Speaker 3: This ship is though. Then let's let's all pick up ourselves. Man, I got this, I got this. I love the job. I love the job. My job is pushing forward. I love the job. That's my job.
Speaker 15: That's my job.
Speaker 3: I want to tell the fucking front you gotta stop. You get you guys are letting get him everything mustache in Miami. Mustache ain't right. You're really.
Speaker 17: Keep going, Jungle told me brother. He texted me style fit stot. You know how easily I can killed your front?
Speaker 3: Front is good? Is good? I don't know where's this going. This queen ship, queen ship. This this is what we do. It's queens. Yeah, why don't we? We we aiming a peaceful him in the piece of Style.
Speaker 4: I appreciate everything that we could do as people and people keep it together.
Speaker 3: I appreciate what you did for hip hop. I appreciate with track.
Speaker 4: Masters less, I appreciate how you are as people, and we want to salute our legends. There's not one show in the world you look at First Take you look at all this other ship these guys big up? Who is not even First Take Off? Our TNT with Charles Balkley and what's the ship? Kenny Smith? Kenny Smith, Kenny Smith, what's that show?
Speaker 3: Okay, we didn't have that in the hip hop. So that's what I wanted to big up.
Speaker 4: I wanted to big up the people that I respect, people that I love, the people that put people in positions and make shit work from there.
Speaker 3: And that's what I wanted to do. We never know what's on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're like firefighters. Yeah we got to call.
Speaker 3: We just do what the fun. We gotta the truth, That's what we gotta do. But guess what I wanted you to know, in case you ever didn't know it, I respect, I really do. Face to face.
Speaker 14: I knew.
Speaker 3: I knew that every problem I ever had with you was because I was a young person.
Speaker 4: And that's the reason why I came to you and I talked to you and I told you I'm sorry because as a man I knew I wasn't a man.
Speaker 3: I knew I wasn't a man, but I had a problem with say so that has nothing to do with nothing. That was good, That was good everybody.
Speaker 4: No, I want to do it before of everybody, because I'm a man, and that's what a man does.
Speaker 3: When a man recognizes what happens in anything.
Speaker 4: And you've done amazing things in hip hop, you continue to do amazing things.
Speaker 3: That I'm at seven and you're not. I'm not even stopped, not even stop. And you know what. This is what we do in drink chaps. We continue to respect people. Your first time, this.
Speaker 6: Guy right here, I love him that he's the fucking man you had you sure you had everything off.
Speaker 3: You want to say something, you know they were better than we got that. We got that. No, you got everything.
Speaker 2: You obviously didn't hear what I said. It's not your first time here, because this is.
Speaker 3: A horror of them. Will come back. No, No, and you will, and you will say you say, these people like you got it. He's never coming back.
Speaker 2: No, I think he will, like stout safe.
Speaker 3: We kept him safe. I gave her good his I can't even believe that, you know what and this.
Speaker 2: Keep what's not get first on him here.
Speaker 3: He's thinking about it. He's thinking about it. Look, this man with the bed is looking like listen, don't go into everybody. Territory's great.
Speaker 2: Did you know what he said?
Speaker 3: He said that Eminem bodied jay Z. He was so long, you don't have the thing that he didn't know.
Speaker 6: I don't have his mic on what's the five nine already and Eminem already had the song.
Speaker 3: I heard that. I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 2: As deficients. You you don't do everything else, everything else don