Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot, streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: And the official Dallas Cowboys app.
Speaker 1: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there we go, Dallas boy. You just.
Speaker 2: You can't play the we can't.
Speaker 3: Are one more time. It's football Friday, and there are as Bill would like to say, football players on the football field. Cowboys going through their usual Friday sort of walk through with helmets on and jerseys one more time, preparing for a Sunday's last game of the season against the Washington Commanders. Mickey Spagnola, Everson Walls with you on mix shots on this glorious looking Friday here in Dallas.
Speaker 2: For God.
Speaker 4: I wish we win the playoffs, may wouldn't you? It would be nice man. The weather is beautiful. It's like you know, we're out there practicing, getting ready for the first round of the playoffs, right no, no, no, note not doing.
Speaker 3: That, which leads us to having to play the final game of the season Sunday noon at at and T Stadium against the Washington Commanders and you know, when I was doing my fan segment, they wanted to make a game pick, and I said, seriously, who gets right? And it's like, it's like, well, tell me what Washington wants to do, because you know they're in Okay, so I'm gonna ask you. For them to move from the seventh seed to the sixth seed, they have to beat the Cowboys, and then they have to have the Chicago Bears go into green Bay and beat the passage that not.
Speaker 2: Having now does green Bay.
Speaker 3: And then if if that happened, then green Bay would be the seventh seed and Washington would be the sixth.
Speaker 2: Seed, which makes the opponent.
Speaker 3: What So if you're the seventh seed, you're playing the number two seed, which is Philadelphia. If you're the sixth seed, you're playing the loser of Detroit and who's not in Minnesota?
Speaker 2: The wait? Wait, Detroit? So they play each.
Speaker 3: Because they're playing each other? Okay, yes, yes, who would you rather play in the first round? Philadelphia or that loser?
Speaker 4: I would rather play Philadelphia only because your quarterback is your number one quarterback is is he's still in concussion protocol?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: I haven't checked that.
Speaker 2: I believe he's still in a concussion polar.
Speaker 3: Or if he's not, they might be resting him right, and they're gonna rest probably because they they cannot improve or diminish their scene though.
Speaker 5: To all the people are gonna call Mickey and put them on the X. Right now, is Washington does have the sixth seed currently?
Speaker 2: Hm, they do?
Speaker 5: Just letting you know, Okay, Okay has a seventh.
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought it was the other way.
Speaker 5: Now Washington has a sixth seed. They have a better conference record at eight and three. Green Bays conference record currently is at six and five. They do have the same record though, so so winning and losing is.
Speaker 3: Not going to matter.
Speaker 5: Well, they have to win because if they lose or at eleven and six and and if green Bay wins, they'd be at twelve and five, so they would jump them. But they have to win the game to win the game that they stay at six. They lose the game and green Bay beats beats Chicago, they flip flop.
Speaker 3: Well, let's assume I'm just saying Green Bay's beating Chicago, right.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I'm Yes, so they have to win.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying for the people are going to call you and say, hey, you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Washington has the six seed currently.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, my little paper here with the had it messed up. Yeah, absolutely, that's okay. All right, so Washington does need to play. They can't rest, so they're going to bring it to us. And Jerry said, it's it's still the focus on the game. I want to beat those guys this week. It's important. Let's go get the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Okay. So having said that, are we tanking?
Speaker 4: Are we letting some guys rest and look forward to next season?
Speaker 2: Are we're playing.
Speaker 4: Guys who are already injured and could possibly become even more injured? All we risking all of that? Because if we're not, then we're not really caring about it.
Speaker 3: I think the I think the injured guys are already out, so uh oh, I printed out the injury report, left it behind.
Speaker 2: Of course, I just want to see the roster. I want to see with you.
Speaker 3: Got to play everybody, because they already got the injured guys out. These guys are already playing. So the only decision they have to.
Speaker 2: This is our This is our roster. If we were it's going to.
Speaker 3: Be the same. They're not going to change the only thing that's going to change is it seems like it would do Trey Lance as solid to let him start. Jerry said, for competitive reasons this morning, he's not saying Mike has said the same thing. Now he's got a press con or conference call at twelve thirty. I don't know if he'll change his tune during that or not. Maybe producer Supreme can keep an.
Speaker 4: Eye on what he has won about that Chris and so peaking.
Speaker 3: That would be to me, the only significant change. You might say, Okay, I'm going to take a better look at Deuce Vaughan and Hunter Lipke as the running back.
Speaker 2: I hadn't seen much of Hunter lately.
Speaker 3: Has he been Yeah, he's been in there, but he hasn't got any carries. They always look at him as you know, he could be a one back running.
Speaker 2: Back for you, but he can also block and block.
Speaker 3: He can block and you know Rico. I mean, the only goal he would have in this game is the gain one yard, which would mean he would have more yards rushing in a season since Zeke had thirteen hundred and twenty nineteen. So there are things to accomplish in this game. The other consideration, and I don't think it's gonna be a consideration. Is so Cooper Rush had two levels of playtime incentive percentage of snaps. The first one was it was like forty four percent of the snaps he would earn two hundred and fifty thousand extra bonus. If he got fifty five percent of the snaps, he would earn another two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. All right, so right now he's at fifty two percent.
Speaker 2: Oh, he didn't make He's not to fifty five.
Speaker 3: Use not to fifty five.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna make it so.
Speaker 3: Right, But what they can do is say, thanks a lot. When we negotiate for next year, we'll throw that two hundred and fifty thousand. Because the bonuses, since they were unlikely to be earned in I think the previous contracts, it doesn't count against the cap until next year. So you could say, okay, here's five hundred thousand. We owed you to fifty for being a good dude. We'll pay you two fifty.
Speaker 2: Since when do people get paid in the NFL for being a good dude? They happen they he was a good dude.
Speaker 4: What happened to the NFL? Well, you know what, I'm happy for the players.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: You know me, I'm old school and we got treated like old school, and I'm just so I don't know if I'm I'm I'm happy for them, or if I'm like, hey, where's my uh, where's my good.
Speaker 2: Luck chong, where's my stuff?
Speaker 3: But if something was on the line, he would have gotten right. So I would think the right thing to do is to start Trey Lance, give him an opportunity. But I think everybody needs to remember that he has not started or played significant snaps in an NFL game since the second week of twenty twenty two in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: You know, when you have significant you know, there are times when you and I go back through through history and talk about some of the things we experience.
Speaker 2: It is kind of cool to see that.
Speaker 4: The NFL is nothing like it used to be, right, man, it's nothing like it. So do you remember if this was if this was back in eighty eight or whatever.
Speaker 3: How about eighty nine? You remember the running back which one Paul Palmer, right, yeah, chiefs right, and he had I think play time incentives and he got benched for the final game of this season. Jimmy said, you're not going to be here next year. There's no sense wasting bonus money on you.
Speaker 2: Now, what does Jimmy care about bone money?
Speaker 3: Because Jerry was hemorrhaging money back then.
Speaker 2: But Jimmy had nothing to do with that. But he did. Let let Jerry handle that. And see, I think that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Well, he probably did. He told him, don't play this guy. He probably did and something happened because I remember he was in the training room and I don't know if they said, oh, he's got some sort of injury or something like that, and they didn't play them. So I think the lead running backs that game were Darryl Johnston and I can remember you had another running back sort of a backup type of thing, and he ended up starting.
Speaker 4: You're not talking about Shaw, No, No, the running back that got cut for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that man?
Speaker 4: He got cut Jimmy cut him for Christmas, cut for because he fumbled the ball.
Speaker 2: In a no meaningless in a meaningless game.
Speaker 3: So it was eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Paul Palmer.
Speaker 3: Oh, they don't have him on here. I'll find it. Oh, I forgot his first name, Sergeant, that's his name. Sergeant was his last name.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're talking about the big full back. Yeah, yeah, that's not Palmer.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm saying he was the one started.
Speaker 2: I can't remember his name. He indeed, big big guy, yeah, big full back.
Speaker 3: He and DJ ended up starting in place of Palmer because they wanted to save salary.
Speaker 2: Cap.
Speaker 4: I can't remember his name. He's a good guy. We had good times. We had good times with him. We were losers, but we were having good times.
Speaker 3: So it uh.
Speaker 2: His name was.
Speaker 3: Roderick, Roderick sergeant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so I think I think they would take care of I don't think that should matter if they want to give Trey Lance a chance to go ahead and start, and you know, from that standpoint, we can have Will Greer be the backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was wondering if Coop's not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, maybe not, because Will Green is going to be the backup, right.
Speaker 3: They could elevate him off the practice So they have not yet. No, that wouldn't do that till Saturday. Okay, Yeah, i'mould just say I don't know if they would or not. I'm just saying why not, right, And it would give him a little bump in salary from practice squad pay to one game in the in the regular season, so I could see them doing that after that, douce Vaughan, maybe a couple series. I don't know how much they want to put Rico out there. Hunter Lepke give him some snaps, and I bet at some point they would. Awesome, Richards is ready to get back and play, so he was active this past week. Maybe they get him out there. And then from a guard standpoint, you got Hoffmann and TJ. Bass with Zach still out obviously, so you can get them in there. And there's no sense extending Tyler Smith if you don't want to, but you want to put your best available, I think offensive line out there to give Trey Lance a chance.
Speaker 2: And that's the best.
Speaker 3: Well that's what they got, right, Yeah, that's what they've already been doing. So you might get those guys out there at some point. So but other than that, you're playing everybody on defense. You realize they've played seven different cornerbacks this year.
Speaker 4: Yes, I started, and they still need I'm surprised they hadn't signed someone off the practice field for this game.
Speaker 3: Well they can elevate pride again, Okay, Yeah, and I think I haven't seen it officially, but I understand maybe those fines that are getting thrown out, they might have reduced those things for that little Someone said something about yeah, but they haven't. I haven't seen it posting yet. I mean, the poor guy would have paid the play, right, So, but yeah, they can do that. They probably have to bring up another linebacker. I would think maybe there's a wide receiver that they want to look at, although they've looked at all the wide receivers already.
Speaker 2: So the one who's in the red right now, what's his name in the red meaning he got fined?
Speaker 3: Oh it was it was Jalen Brooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and then Troy Pride off the practice squad. So I would imagine they've got to do that again. You know, I guess they have to start Andrew Booth. I don't know that there's any other options. Uh.
Speaker 2: You act as if he's the worst cornerback in.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know that he's the worst. But he hasn't.
Speaker 2: Been, isn't he.
Speaker 4: What do you always say there's a reason he's a back, that he's a backup.
Speaker 3: Or would spend the majority of the season on the practice practice squad. Right, yeah, so but other than that, on defense, you're you're playing the guys. Now, you know Michael wants to play. He needs a half a sack, okay, to get double digit sacks and be one of like two or three guys, uh to have double digit sacks in their first four seasons.
Speaker 4: You know, when you look at Micah's decision, well, I don't know if the decision is made yet, but when you start comparing that with Saquon Barkley, I would imagine they decided to keep Barkley out, even though you're talking about chasing history here.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Barkley is if this is his decision or not, but I have to think that if they left it up to him that he would want to play.
Speaker 3: He sounded like, well you got to say it. Yes, of course he said he was good with it. Yeah, that the team is more important than But again by asterisk, though, what's that that if he if he broke it.
Speaker 4: It's in seventeen games. Well, well, Dickinson has no aspect on his When he OJ bro We're talking about two games difference between oj and Dickison.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a bit there's something there.
Speaker 3: Right, the other guy that's got something on the line, Cavante Turpens averaging thirty three point six yards kickoff return and the NFL record belonging to the very important Jim Duncan. That's who owns nineteen seventy thirty five point four. So he would need a big return to push his average up two yards. And you know what, when I was asking about it, he.
Speaker 2: Knows about it. He does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, just go over there and tell him to kick it to you. Quit the touchback stuff.
Speaker 4: Right now, they have to win the game, right, so that's not to do that. Maybe if they didn't have to win the game, they might do him a solid and kick it to him, But now they have to win the game. Talking about the commander, they may not kick you. No, they may not. Well they won't. They won't try to oblige him. I'll say that.
Speaker 3: Well, look at who's spice up this show getting speed to get here in time. He's not even gonna miss the one minute of the first segment.
Speaker 2: And you didn't tell me that the view was so nice over here? Man? Look at this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can see yourself. You know, I can watch TV if I want. I didn't know you had y'all look at the back of my head all the time.
Speaker 3: Man, You know, I forgot to tell you the other show when they start and look at the camera.
Speaker 2: That's what the other show. Well, y'all gotta tell me. Come on, and they look at the back of my head. Come on.
Speaker 3: Well, since we got Nate here, we'll take a break and continue on. Mixed shots with the three of us. Here with Bill Jones, take.
Speaker 6: Care, I feel like I feel like Trey Lance. Third with Tea bro And with that turn in a.
Speaker 7: Moment Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past post game Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Light and the Clue America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football, Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the yetty Star letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 9: All right, folks, let's get started with the Yeddy French Press and Jeor Calber This State's hot Frivs and French Press thirty four ounds for U six four with the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs, Somehe's waterproof, doubles, water proved bag by sports mostly waters shoul get a water prove YETI bay dont smell something cooking po New cast iron skillets make to be passed down like marbles recipes. Take a state cornbit commerce pot pine potatoes, next level well three sizes of the Yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 8: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square Today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Scott Kitts it slide for the first down.
Speaker 10: Investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com perfect.
Speaker 3: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Demict shots Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 4: Amanda Foster has been named you a twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: And we continue here on mix Shots on this glorious Friday, beautiful beautiful weather. Everson Walls Nate Newton joins us in place of Bill. I was gonna say, Bill Parcells.
Speaker 2: Record in the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we discussed the quarterback thing. Your thoughts on giving Trey Lance to start? Uh, you know if they do that.
Speaker 6: I saw him in preseason, and you know, you know, I was all about the Trey Lance experience. I saw him in the preseason game and I was still all about the Trey Lance experience.
Speaker 2: Season started. I was about the.
Speaker 6: Cowboys, Dak winning if he get hurt, Cooper Rush winning, and that's where that's where I'm at. Still, Cooper Rush, you don't get to relax because you're not in the playoffs. You get to continue to show people who you are.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: People say with nature you're speaking with a double tone. Well why not play Trey Lance. Well, it's some wide receivers out there want to know that this quarterback where to throw the ball and how to place that ball. So Cooper Rush gives you a better chance to evaluate the rest of these wide receivers, ie Lie the kid from from from uh the Panthers be a g o bingo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah bingo, and so.
Speaker 3: Was there about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we got to.
Speaker 6: I want to see. I want to see because if we if one of these receivers can show some spark in this last game. Maybe I'll get off of my first round pick being a wide received. Maybe I doubt it, but you know, I want to see what these dudes can do, and I don't believe Trey Lance gives me that that chance to see that. I don't want to see him run. I can go get a running a running back. We got a bunch of them. I want to see him throw.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna let him throw, repeat it from the ten yard line down to the rison, I'm with that. But if you're gonna be out there were running all these options and all.
Speaker 3: Want to do and I think I think that's what they have in mind. If indeed they go that direction.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought the wide receivers because, uh, these backups, man, I have to admit, they have been extremely inconsistent for this team this year.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Uh ceedee Lamb started off uh really really uh disappointing, but stepped up and showed just one of them. Man, this guy he makes you forget all about that BS man.
Speaker 2: That's just how good he is.
Speaker 3: He's number eighty eight, but he.
Speaker 2: There's a reason for that.
Speaker 4: So, but when you're talking about these other guys, I gotta get more. I was very disappointed, and except for number three, I'm sorry. Except for Cooks, I'm so uh disappointed in the other players. There were times when they did step up and make plays, but I don't want to see the amazing play. I want to see the consistent play, and I didn't see consistent play out of them.
Speaker 2: You know, there were times.
Speaker 4: When then I'm putting it right there where I need you to have it where you want to have it, and I need you to catch it. And there are times when I didn't put it where I need to put it, but I need you.
Speaker 2: To come up with a.
Speaker 6: That was things on the scholarship sheet. Oh his catch radius, well, I would like to see it.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know who taught me about catch, radious Drew Pearson.
Speaker 4: Drew Pearson talked about how wide receivers these days they want everything to be here. Drew Pearson told Roger start back anywhere here is a good pass. Yes, I don't care if it's behind me. And that's the way they played. So that thought process is that, Yes, that's not the thought process of these younger receivers.
Speaker 2: I don't know about younger receivers.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna put a stamp on all of but on these guys here.
Speaker 2: That radius needs to be in in series if you're gonna play Trey Lance.
Speaker 6: The first thing I'm telling my wide receivers as a wide receiver, coach, son, I need for you to make a play for this quarterback. He's young, he's in experience. Make a play for him. What do you mean, coach, that radius? Guess what they're talking about. When you're running the route. There's no slipping, there's no falling, there's none of that. You know that happens. I'm sure that happens in all games.
Speaker 4: But you know, we have an usual amount of Oh I slipped, you know, I remember they told us back in that DB's hey, son, you can't slip.
Speaker 2: There's no slipping. You slipping of jobs.
Speaker 3: Job, get go, get you some different claques.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's certain things that you just depend on.
Speaker 4: You want reliability from your wide receivers, and there was no U except for CD. There was no reliability there. To whet my quarterback and say, man, I feel real comfortable trying to put this in that tight window because he's gonna fight for it.
Speaker 3: So to accentuate what you said. Cooks is unrestricted free agent next year, so there's no guarantee he's back.
Speaker 2: And I do like cook put the Cooks in that category.
Speaker 3: And they're looking at those young guys. Somebody's got to step up now. Tolbert tied for the team lead with six touchdown reception.
Speaker 6: Let me give you an analogy right before we start. I've seen guys in the NBA be twenty point scorers on their team. Then they lead the team in on average, but maybe fifteen ten points.
Speaker 2: He said, why is that? Well?
Speaker 6: Over here when team won, that was the only thing they had over here is better players and better situation. So he's got to share. And plus he ain't as good as he thought he was. Let me say you, by Toba, we had no one that's to throw to with the other Tobarts. When showing up, Brandon Cooks was heard, I lie, he had to make he had to make a playoff, right, So I want to see starting this game. You know it should have started last game, but starting this game, let's target tobat ten or fifteen times.
Speaker 2: Let's talk.
Speaker 6: Hey man, you know it's what you want, it's what you We've been the target you, bro, So get going.
Speaker 2: Off to see that. I would love to see him, shut me up. I would love to targeting him.
Speaker 6: Don't this is this is for next year. When you say the only I tell people that's right here. I've been on the one in fifteen, I've been on the three and thirteen. I don't know how bad it was for you ever, you know, because you you you are truly a fetter guy.
Speaker 2: But I was.
Speaker 6: I was still on that edge of they getting rid of the fat guy and any time.
Speaker 2: So the last game of the season.
Speaker 6: The fact that, yeah, I was praying that I had a dud in front of me so I could just more him over right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So if I'm if I'm Tobert, I'm I'm like, coach, throw me the ball, Throw me the ball.
Speaker 2: You want to you want to leave this game.
Speaker 6: Tobart targeted fifteen times, twelve, one hundred and twenty yards too.
Speaker 2: CDs man, he went off.
Speaker 6: Now make them when they say, hey, what we need in the first round and that receiver sitting there, now, No, We're gonna go on and get this d lineman. We're gonna get this corner back somebody. You know, we got somebody that that Hey, he showed what he was worth. Are they saying, like, man, do you really believe if you.
Speaker 2: Can't check the box? I want to be able to check the box on Tope.
Speaker 3: And I gotta go get that wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Bro, go get somebody be called ceedee Lamb needs some help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, absolutely, especially if Brandon cooks. And we saw what happened when it wasn't.
Speaker 6: And Brandon should be your third receiver. He should be that slot guy that's moving around. He's situation the situation. He's not that guy no more that can really get you that thousand yards that you can run him anywhere. Back in the day, and it's something about being youthful, you can you know them bombs we saw. The few bombs we saw were like, why is he running a bomb?
Speaker 2: You remember? Go look at some film. Yeah, he used to get those things because he could stop and he had enough power. He don't have that room. So he should be your third receiver.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is you need T Higgins. Oh Jesus, but that's the s see what you want?
Speaker 6: You You talk too much cap for me to go out and talk about the T Higgins.
Speaker 2: Don't even do that.
Speaker 3: But that's the quality of receiver. I didn't say how much it was gonna.
Speaker 2: You need to do this right here, because you're talking out the side of no, no, no, you understanding.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this. You need Elvin Harper, Yeah, yeah you do. So T Higgins is Elvin Harper.
Speaker 2: T I love you, baby.
Speaker 6: But Kim, when he didn't have Michael, that's when he went to Tampa.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yes, it's like, oh, we thought you were a number one receiver. No, you were a number two receive.
Speaker 2: You got Tampa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what I meant. Yes, you know, receiver, you're gonna go in free agency and spend another thirty million dollars the man, goodness gracious. So yeah, you're you're right about that. And then from a defensive standpoint, they're already playing everybody.
Speaker 6: Yes, right now, you got to decide who you're gonna and I'm going at this kid tober. But you know what, I don't want to be the average guy.
Speaker 2: I know he's got a where.
Speaker 3: He's playing with the two fingers.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's what I'm saying. I know he's got a bad situation. So I don't want to just but man, we left training camp knowing that this kid was gonna take that next step, and.
Speaker 3: He had a really good draining camp.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We left training camp knowing he's gonna take the next step, and boy, he just like he slipped on something.
Speaker 2: He didn't he The physicality isn't there. Uh.
Speaker 4: I don't see the confidence in his routes. I don't see the confidence in him being that targeted wide receiver. And I was just so disappointed in it because I've been hearing from Spags, I've been hearing from Bill about how you know this.
Speaker 2: Is the dude be that guy? Yea, man, he did it. Man, he even looked smaller out there I was.
Speaker 4: I was looking for a guy who's bigger, a guy who could take on a little bit more. I did not see that from them. Now, having said that, I'm just like nay Man, I'm me and me and you. I'm drafted free agentsy man, I'm gonna give you a shot because somebody gave us a shot. I'm gonna give you a shot, but you gotta show me. You gotta come out there, you gotta show me that you're gonna be having some walls.
Speaker 2: Man like you show you're gonna be.
Speaker 6: Larry Brown the last preseason game. Hey boy, you you're gonna make the team to day.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna today. I'm watching you closer to that field. That's why Larry went out there and showed out and there you go, and then it started and there you go.
Speaker 3: I would like to see more of Mingo then, yeah tober.
Speaker 2: Mingo Fornoing. I don't care.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 2: You don't care how now pronounce you.
Speaker 6: Know, I don't care. If I see him, I want to see. We gave him fourth. I want to see him. This other kid Tobert, I want to see man. I mean, you can't see with everybody. So it's two guys that I've chosen that I want to see. Like, I think our offensive line is set.
Speaker 2: We got uh Cooper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So if Zach's not here next year.
Speaker 2: Zach Zach exact, ain't here, I ain't playing that game.
Speaker 6: Right guard is is whoever you wanted to be hot from the bass, and then your left guard is the all pro we got. He's stable, he's hard nosed. The only thing we have to work on, the only thing we have to work on is how you're gonna play guy, because I think the money keeps still where he's at, but we have some type of running abilities, so still takes upper level where he still is a C player. Now if you run the ball enough, he becomes a C plus or B player because he's a he's the only he's a play action past time.
Speaker 2: If you ask him to block about forty five times past and.
Speaker 6: It ain't happened, but you mix enough run in there, he keeps his confidence.
Speaker 3: So where would you like to fit Awsome richardson?
Speaker 6: Austin Richards He's not gonna take the left type of job because that as long as a doga and guiding over there, they're gonna they're gonna split that into guyde and grow up.
Speaker 2: So he he.
Speaker 6: Agent, he's a he's a swing guy. I would like to see him if he could play. It is at the right tackle, but still is in trench right there right.
Speaker 3: Can Can he play guard?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Richard, he can play guard. He can play he can play left guard. Nice, he will be a nice left guard.
Speaker 3: Right guard. It's an opportunity to compete there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: He he competed last year and they ignored him. He was in training camp, him and TJ. Bass and Hoffmann were the only three that played in every preseason game, started every preseason game, played almost every position in preseason game. They have proven they competed and they got in the game and showed you. So now it's if you want to as a coach, is if you know when the scouts sitting up saying, hey, we drafted these guys, you got to play these guys. The guys that need to be gone, it's the guys that's been here, it's you know, they need you know, I don't want to call kids out because people said I needed to be gone.
Speaker 3: So you know, conceivably could serve as your backup swing tackle and guard.
Speaker 6: Richard Richards played left guard in the preseason.
Speaker 3: You remember when he before he got hurt, he was getting a rotation left tackle, Yes, right.
Speaker 6: And so he started two pres the games at left tackle and then moved into the guard. So the kid, the kid can play. Now can he play consistent? Like we didn't know Bro Hoffman could be consistent. He's not no great athlete, but you know what you're getting and he he he solidified that offensive line as great as Zach is. Zach was hurt, and I went on every show that I could go on saying, why are y'all doing this?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? He's injured, he's beat up, he's hurt.
Speaker 6: So we delayed the process by two or three games, you know, being you know, being lawyer to Zach, and we should have I mean, but at some point a coach had to stand up on the table saying, we're hurting this kid.
Speaker 2: We're not helping this kid. We're hurting this kid.
Speaker 6: And nobody stood up on the table until he couldn't get up off the field. Now we see Hoffman or was that a fluke? Then the next game, oh man, he going against a kid from.
Speaker 2: New York, the big the big beach from New York. He did Okay, he didn't do great, but he did. Now I'm like, wow, it took all of this, It took.
Speaker 6: Guide and being sick noid doga and we finally get to see Austin Richards. That's where it's that's where everything changed when he went in the game.
Speaker 3: So the offensive line should be in decent shape.
Speaker 2: No, they're in decent shape. Yeah, they in decent shape, all right, And.
Speaker 3: We're in really good shape with U Nate, third Guy, Everson and Mickey and will continue in mix shots in a moment for Illinois.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 2: You win slides for the first down.
Speaker 10: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Perfick throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan Travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cook, America's team playing America's.
Speaker 2: Greatest sports Miller Lyte, the only.
Speaker 7: Beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: Devict shuts.
Speaker 4: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizes players who do so much more, both on and off the field and in the community. Help Dallas Cowboys nominee Zach Martin raise fund for the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation by casting your charity challenge, vote on nfl dot com slash Man of the Year, or tweet your support using the hashtag w P m O Y Challenge.
Speaker 2: Voting ends on January sixth.
Speaker 3: Vote for that, and we continue on mix shots here on a football Friday, Everson Walls, Nate Newton, Mickey Spagnola with you for a few more minutes, and I think.
Speaker 6: And we'll be coming on every Monday from this point.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nat, and.
Speaker 3: Taking a long weekend.
Speaker 2: Nate Newton will be he ain't gonna take a long weekend.
Speaker 6: He ain't gonna miss that ten dollars coming weeks a week, You bet not. I'll come be over to his house telling his wife, Hey, hey.
Speaker 2: Get.
Speaker 3: So one of the things we need to mention. It's become. Uh, everybody's making a big deal out of it, but it's probably the general wording in coaches contracts. They're making a big deal that Mike McCarthy's contract will expire on January fourteenth. Only the Cowboys, right, and nobody else is aspiring, right, and also the assistant coaches. Well, the deal in the contract language is you have nine days after your final game of a freeze there and then the contracts are up, so you have nine days to negotiate with your expiring contracts for coaches to re sign them. Otherwise you don't have to give them permission to go interview with somebody else.
Speaker 6: So which age is already doing but glehead right, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And so January fourteenth is the big date. Yes, And I like the way Jerry answered this question. They asked him if the last game, meaning Sunday against Washington, will have any effect on decisions he makes about the coaching staff, and he said, we all want to win. We want to have the last game a win, so that's important. But no, the hay is in the barn really for as far as our staff is concerned. The qualities of each coaches we know, so it's not like, oh, you got beat, you're all gone, right, he said, And he said, and he went on to point out the circumstances what we dealt with this year has to factor into the decision, meaning all the injuries that they've dealt with. The Other thing I thought was interesting, he said, he liked, he liked the way the staff, including McCarthy, brought along young guy eyes. That will give them a better opportunity next year to be better. Depth if you agree with that depth, I mean you've always been a proponent of playing the young guys, yes, sir, and by necessity, they played the young guys and still are by the way.
Speaker 6: Ever soon what's your take on that? Now, I never heard you go in depth on that.
Speaker 2: Well, then we're going young guys, you know. Well, yeah, that's what I was talking about. The wide receivers. I was expecting them to just step up a little better.
Speaker 4: You know, when you play wide receiver, man, if you not built strong like like Cook, or if you're not wiry like ceed Lambs with that kind of strength, man, there's no way you can come out there and go against these wide receivers or these DB's man or man.
Speaker 2: And that's what we saw. Once they get up in our faces.
Speaker 4: We had the open window closed and I saw no one fighting for their quarterback to get open and create that that that lane for them. And when you see other teams do it, these are not great wide receivers doing it on other teams. They're just guys who are solid wide receivers.
Speaker 6: But the thing that we are saying on this these programs is.
Speaker 2: Oh the coach schemed them. I'll be like, you know what, y'all, y'all can tell them fans that foolishness.
Speaker 6: Every receiver is not schemed open who gets a ball round to them? You know, I do understand when a guy is rubbed or do something, you go a little different formation that they ain't seen.
Speaker 2: You may catch them off guard, but that is over hyped. Oh they threw it. Oh man, they threw them open. Well, what happened when they lose? The coach can't throw them open today.
Speaker 6: So the bottom line is you still need athletes like you're talking about the job. Yes, I just I just remember, and I know this has got to still be the case. A dB and the wide receiver going at in one on one. To me, that's that's as exciting to me as as the Oklahoma drill, you know what I mean, where you got guys going up against each other one on one, that shows what kind of heart you got, what you.
Speaker 2: Got I don't want to, uh now, we're not gonna get too graphic about.
Speaker 4: You gotta you gotta show you got something. You got to show that you got some. You gotta show you got something I didn't see fight in our wide receivers, and I know what that looks like, because you know, I've seen wide receivers get disappointed when they go up against good DB's, and these were not good DB's that they were going against. These guys need to play, They need to be more exciting. They need I mustn't say, I must say I think our game plan as far as passing is concerned, I think we need to go downtown a whole lot more than we do because what we do we handcuffed our quarterbacks. Okay, guys, let's start off with a quick slant. Let's go with CD on the move. Okay, we're gonna make the move inside. We get down in the red, We're gonna he's not going inside, he's going outside. I mean, come on, I've seen all of that myself, because it's been too consistent, meaning they run the same, uh lackluster routes that I've seen for a long time. And for Dak and those guys to be able to do what they've done based on that, and I know how it goes. They want to start off slow, you want to go short, route short. We're gonna set them up, guys, because then when they jump it, we're gonna go deep.
Speaker 2: Well by that time you.
Speaker 4: Might have thrown two interceptions because the linebackers are waiting on that route running all the time.
Speaker 2: That was very prevalent when they double moved and got free. They know what they're running.
Speaker 3: Man. They I think they were so afraid of not being able to protect against Philadelphia, but they wanted the ball out quick.
Speaker 4: They did, and the defense plays on that. They know that you want the ball out quick. So, of course, which happened all the bad games that we play.
Speaker 3: But if you listen to how he said he called the game, and you can criticize him for it, it was we got to control the ball time of possession and get the ball out quick. We can't take sacks.
Speaker 4: But but you can't just get it out fight.
Speaker 2: Timing has.
Speaker 6: Miss They hit him twice on the double move. They hit him twice. With Jonathan they hit it and he missed. Then they hit it another time, Uh Cooks on the.
Speaker 2: Other side, and he missed.
Speaker 6: You can't miss, Coach Lander, tell Danny or whoever, hey, when we do this, you can't miss. You can't miss because if you miss, now we got to.
Speaker 2: Go back to what we was right. That was the surprise. Yeah, that was the Yeah, you got to man. I just think no matter who we play, the m O is the same.
Speaker 4: If you see and of course I know all that all offenses have their their their their pageant that they get into and their tendencies. I understand that, but if you're gonna have those tendencies, then y'all better be on the same page. If we're doing this so much, we better be on the same page.
Speaker 3: Well, then I think that they should go five wide on Sunday and spread it out and just fire away.
Speaker 2: Though, guy against that you gotta get and got to pick up his game. Jason Ferguson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, he wasn't the same after he suffered that injury. Yeah, gotta get uh Micah his half, a sack, Gotta get Aubrey his field goal. Be nice if it's a sixty yarder.
Speaker 6: I don't how you do it, why you do it? You need to play lights out. I don't care what why doing. As a head coach and as a position coaching coordinators and as players, every player showed me something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you don't don't.
Speaker 4: Just go out here and play like it's the last game, man win in the playoffs, Well, you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Cut, though I think they understand that.
Speaker 2: I think I want to I want to reenterate. You're gonna get cut if coach.
Speaker 4: You don't quit, and they'll tell everyone else that wants to sign he quit on us.
Speaker 6: Instead of seeing cars after the game and family members.
Speaker 2: How that you see a bunch of U hauls lined up? Come on man.
Speaker 3: Or the or the movie Man.
Speaker 2: No way you say you want this, sir, So I'll leave you with this.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, I remember Tony Sperano when he was here and he had coached like twelve different places right of John Fossil's deal, and he said he came home one day and his wife was crying. It was here, and he goes, what's wrong? And she goes, are we moving again? And he goes, what are you talking about? She goes, there was a moving van in front of the house. He goes, that was the neighbors.
Speaker 2: There, which was a player.
Speaker 3: She was so concerned that when the moving vans showed up that that was it, that was the They were out the door. Which no one really understands. These coaches get fired or not rehired it's entire family that it effects. So with that, I assume you guys are all going to pick the Cowboys to win this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's how I do.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do it. Eight and nine sounds better.
Speaker 2: Than I just love messing up. I love messing up all you guys there, gals.
Speaker 6: I love to draft. They love to talk about the draft. A we got you again, Yeah, we got you all right.
Speaker 3: And with that, that's it for on this football Friday. We will be back at eleven o'clock on Monday in the off season schedules. Thank you, guys. Ye shots on Dallas Cowboys dot com, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.