Speaker 1: You know you're unstoppable, right, I say all the time, how you can't fail if you don't quit. How if you fall down seven times, you're gonna get up eight and if you can look up, you can get up. And all of this made me think of this track via one of my favorite artists I can say. Her name is Corn Hawthorne, and she has this track entitled I'm Unstoppable. She says, they told me that you couldn't do it because you're washed up. Ain't like them bad girls, said you should get your saucer. But I got this plan, and you might not understand. I'm gonna go as hard as I can, and I'm gonna be the boss of it. You gotta understand that it's called your dream, your vision for a reason. Stop expecting people to see what it is in your heart. Stop expecting people to see the vision that you have for your life. She goes on to say, now I do believe I'm something special. Can't take that from me, So you can say what you want. I go harder, stronger, be who I'm supposed to be. Out of billions of people in this world, you were made uniquely you with your vision, with your gifts with your drive, made exactly how you're supposed to be. So why are you comparing your journey to somebody else that wasn't designed for you. Don't play with me, play with yourself. She goes on to say, because I'm unstoppable, I get it all the way in it. That's why I made and I'm up on my business because I'm unstoppable. Ain't no hope and in wishing, say your prayer, catch a wave. Then I go out and get it because I can be what I want. Try if I want powered by the king. He won't let me fall because I'm unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 1: Nah, he won't let me fall because I'm unstoppable. You can't fail if you don't quit. Wait a minute, I'm not done yet, She continues on. I dream about it, I go get it. That's how I do it, not the stars. I'm not lucky. I just pray through it, follow on my face and I might make mistakes, but I don't let it break me because I'm still on my way. You better catch it. We here for a good time, not a long time, so let's make it count. And if you're gonna bet on somebody, you better bet on yourself. All right, you know what time it is. It's that damn dawn like the break of day, and you are tuned in. It's a Vitamin D live. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in and welcome a Vitamin D. It's a pun of my name. My name is Dawn, and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest sass at it.
Speaker 3: Get your writing, Mandy, you right with me and get excited about your life.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween. How you doing out there? It's doing like the record day. Shout out to miss Latasha. She's in the building. I got Miss Marian in the building. Now raise your hands to the ceiling. We got some stuff to talk about today. Now you just heard me give you some inspiration from a gospel artist. Do I want to say gospel and artist man. She makes amazing music. Her name is Corn Hawthorne, and today's Dolcin Vitamin D was all dedicated to being unstoppable. She has this track entitled I'm Unstoppable. Furthermore, I got some headlines and some news. I'm telling you where you can get some Halloween treats. Oh and you won't believe this I got. My aunt will be joining in on the life talking about she voting for Trump. I'm not making it up. African American woman born in the city of Detroit, probably born in the late fifties early sixties. My mama was born in fifty one, so my aunt Jeannie, she ain't too far behind. But I'm saying off to say, you've seen the changes that has happened when it comes down to racism, inequality, segregation, or desegregat. I mean, you're seeing it all, But I am curious to hear what you all feel about what she has to say about why she's voting for Donald Trump. Now, I just want to say this be easy. That's still my auntie. But I want to encourage you to call me in the studio eight one, eight four six one fifty four thirty two, because we need to have this dialogue. It's not about pulling each other down. It's not about bashing anybody. It's about having a verbal conversation so that we can relate to one another, so we can eat the meat, spit out the bone, so we can make a discerned decision. All right, informed, I said, discern you know what I'm talking about, all right. First and foremost, let's just give a huge congratulations out to the die Jeez. Yes, y'all, you know that won the World Series. The score was six to three, and this is the eighth World Series for the Dodgers. After beating the New York Yankees on Wednesday night. You know, I got some love for New York because prior to LA I was in New York. Now, the Boys in Blue will have a parade tomorrow, that's Friday, starting at eleven am. The parade will start at City Hall before taking your right hand turn on First Street and traveling down Grand Avenue. Then after driving down Grand Avenue, the team will turn around again on Fifth Street and wrap it up near the La Central Library. Now, the team announced that members the Dodgers, we'll be traveling on a double decker bus. Okay. Now, for those who are wishing to attend, it is highly suggested that you take public transportation, Okay, But if you do decide to drive up there, it will be beginning at nine am, and the gates for parking will open up at eight thirty am. Now, for those who do not have the balls or the goals and you said I want to watch them on the cover of my own home, well pull up at KTLA dot com and they will begin coverage starting as early as seven am on a Friday. Now, I'm just wanting did anybody put some beds in? Did anybody win some money?
Speaker 4: Let me now, let me now.
Speaker 1: And because we are in the vein of Halloween and things, well, if you're done with the tricks and you're looking for some treats, I have a list of restaurants that are giving away some specials that you may want to take advantage of. First, starting out with Applebee's Family Dining and participating Applebee's locations will receive two free kids meal with the purchase of each adult entree. Now the offer is available for children twelve years and under, and diners also must mention the deal to take advantage of the promotion. So don't just walk in and think they're supposed to give it to you. Let them know that Daunte sent you, okay. And also additionally happening at Applebee's, the chain is offering free boneless wing with any forty dollars online order. Yes, the deal is available through Applebee's website or the mobile app only, and customers should use the promo code Scary twenty four. At checkout news, you can use Buffalo wind Wings. Since we talk about wings and things, they're offering a Bogo boneless wingless deal. Bogo means buy one, get one, but free. That is, the offer is available for takeout, delivery or dine in. And if you liking your thirty one flavors, well, let me tell you what Basket in Robbins is doing well. They are offering ice cream scoops ordered through the app will be thirty one percent off of this Halloween special and who likes to take it away specifically for Johnny Rockets. Well, customers can get a free cookie with any in store purchase on Halloween, that is today when they mention the offer again, you gotta mention now we all know that place. When the lights cut on, that means the donuts are fresh. Well, customers and Halloween costumes can score a free original glazed donut today on Halloween with no purchase necessary. It's Krispy Kreme open twenty four hours. Perhaps when we get done with this live, I need to pull up. It's like, no, aw, y'all know, I'm on my fitness challenge. And if anyone likes the silver dollars, I mean the pancakes, that is, through Halloween, kids twelve and under at ihop can decorate their own scary face pancake for free, yes, by purchasing an adult entre. The deal is available for dining in customers only. And if you are looking and seeking for the Golden Arches, well, McDonald's they're having something called Boo buckets. Yeah, they're back. The customer favorite, which doubles as a trick or treating bucket, comes with how Happy Meals. The company will introduce a blue bucket this year, replacing Leyre's proper one. And of course if you liking that Chipotle Chapoto or as professionally known or accurately as Chipotle, well they'll be celebrating the speakiest stuff holidays with the return of its popular Boo Riado promotion.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: During this promotion, Reward members can purchase entrees for six dollars and enjoy extended store hours. Only Reward members who order in store can take advantage of the promo, So download the app, take advantage, and let them know that Dawn Day sent you. Now, once again, the fast casual chain will extend its Boo Readou promotion to select college towns nationwide. Now, Chipotle locations in these areas will stay open to eleven fifty nine pm on Halloween. I didn't they say twelve o'clock is wheelclock Am will essentially be in a November first but until eleven fifty nine pm, you can get all your treats with no tricks. Hey, and I'm not done yet. Let me switch over to some more serious news, specially before we get into the Vitamin D advice letter, and before I called my aunt to call in as to why she's voting for Trump. Did you hear about what's going on in these prisons. Did you hear about these inmates that are dying? They're getting sick? Pull up? So the inmate death investigated in the third incident and a Los Angeles mail jail in two days now. Homicide detectives were called to the Los Angeles mails Men's Central Jail yesterday that was on Wednesday, to investigate the death of an inmate, marking the third major incident at the facility in two days now. Deputies were notified shortly before seven thirty pm that an inmate at the jail on four hundred or four to forty one. Yeah, that's right, Bouchett is it? Bouchett b a UCGT Street in Chinatown was found unresponsive, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department stated earlier Thursday morning. That's is today now. The unidentified inmate was later pronounced dead by personnel with the Los Angeles Fire Department. Now no the further details regarding the circumstances around the discovery were released. However, the cause of death will be determined by the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office and the sheriffs. Stated by the Sheriff's Department. Now, emergency crews were called to the jail on two other occasions. Now this was just this past Tuesday regarding exposures to an unknown substance at the facility. Now, seven inmates were hospitalized, including one in critical condition and six in serious condition. Now when the fire apartment, that's when the fire department was called at seven am. Now, officials with the Sheriff's Department later referred to the situation as a suspected overdose incident. What does that mean? A hazmat team searched the facility following the incident, but found no additional patients at the time, and also determined there was no escalating hazard. Yet we got another individual that lost their life. The fire department was back at the jail the same afternoon when seven deputies were rushed to the nearby hospitals after exposure to the unknown substance. The deputies had been searching the inmates dorms to ensure that they were safe to repopulate when they started experiencing symptoms potentially related to today's earlier suspected overdose. And I quote that's what the news stated. Now, all seven deputies were conscious and instable condition when they were taken to the hospital as a precaution. This is by what the official said. Woo chaw, isn't that alive? Okay? Mss Marian says, yes, go Dodgers. Hey, missus Felicia is in, she said, all right now, lots of great treats going on. And Miss Latasha, she says, I work at the women's jail in Linwood.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Have you guys experienced anything with the substances? What's going on? Let's talk about it. Let me tell you right now, this is the opportunity to come. The phone line up in here is eight one eight four six one fifty four to thirty two. That is eight one inch four six one fifty four thirty two. Let me put this in the chat as well, because I would love to hear from you, and I really appreciate each in every one of you that is on the live right now. Yes, that's watching me. Yes, let's say, Hey, Dawn, I want to pull up before I show up on the podcast replay how you doing it? I'm telling you right now, I got a lot to talk about. I will be calling my aunt in a few after I get to the Vitamin D advice letter to discuss why she is voting for drum. Now. I was talking to l Castro you see her in the chat. I was talking to one of my best girlfriends on Frover a decade now, and she was like, Dawn, I don't know if I want to call in because I want to be respectful for your aunt. I said, Ell, we gotta have a safe conversation. We gotta have a conversation because it's time for some understanding or perhaps some overstanding. So therefore we can have some innerstanding. Catch it, cousin's hif baby, So yes, let me put the call in number at the bottom five four three two, so you get come me and let me know what to do. Listen, we having a conversation. Okay, are we clear? If you watching? Just type clear so that I know that you're there. Okay, just type clear so that I know that you're there. Miss Felicia says, is this the aunt I met in Lamur? No, that's I'm Brenda. I'm Brenda down to Alabama. That's all my daddy said. Now, who I'm talking about? My aunt Genie that's on my mama's side. Is she is in Michigan. I know, look, miss Felicia, was that gonna change your mind about my aunt? There's in the house and say clear? Tasha says clear, Okay, we got it and we are clear. So now let's dive into this advice letter subject. My parents are so passed that I'm not going to college? Dear doing my parents just oh wait, hold on, I didn't even give you the clans. Slow down, gym shoe. Okay, Vitamin the advice letter. Now this is where I encourage individuals to write in about they need advice about the career, their relationship, perhaps making a move, perhaps making the move withinside of them. And I always say, Vitamin D is all about shedding the light on the good and the bad. Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, well, honey, you gonna have to be able to see better. So that means you're gonna eat the meat and spit the bones out. Okay, I'm gonna keep it real with you because I would want somebody to keep it real with me. Now, in case you are interested in writing an advice letter, let me tell you the email you're gonna email me at Vitamin D at dawn daispeaks dot com. That's vitamin d at Dawn, dai speaks dot com. Clear clear, okay subject. My parents are pissed that I'm not going to college, Dear Dawn. My parents just hit the ceiling when I told them that I wasn't going to college, Dawn. My mom hit the ceiling first, then my dad did too, right after my little sister moved her skateboard out of the way. Lord, thank you Jesus. But I see college, But I see college for the horrible and awful student loan debt trap that it is down. Over half the people out there where I'm at are working tables and delivering food are all college graduates. So how that helped me out? I mean, that's even That's even up with that? What's even up with that? Plus? I don't like school, Dawn, never did. I only went because the state and my father's black leather belt made me. Why did that make me?
Speaker 4: Laugh?
Speaker 1: But what I have been doing since my junior year is fixing cars down, and I'm really good at it and I love it. It's my real passion. So far, I've made forty five grand this year working just part time fixing up and restoring cars for low rider clubs and big money car shows with my uncle and Dawn. That's all in cash money. I bought and paid for my twenty twenty two racing truck with cash. I give my parents one thousand dollars each. Or I gave my parents a thousand dollars each in cash money. Oh. I give them a thousand dollars each in cash money every month to help them out. And I'm seventeen and I got sixteen grand in the bank. Plus my uncle is teaching me how to do payroll, how to do my taxes, and how to run his car repair and restoration shot for him. Uncle Nesto is so proud of me, and I love working with him. But my parents are still freaking out about not going to college. And I know my dad, Dawn, I can't stay up under his roof and not go to college. And I'm okay with that, but I'm not trying to break their hearts, and I'm trying not to waste their time and all of their hard own money on some dumb old college. But how can I get my parents to see that? Dawn sign Arturo Ramirez Junior in Bakersfield, California, you know. I'm all about that dreams don't work unless you do. I'm all about realizing that we're here for a good time, not a long time, and how we're gonna have to make account. I'm all about choosing the life that's best for you. So I say, young man, you're gonna have to do you the fact that the matter is not everybody gets equipped for college. And yes it's true, there are plenty of college graduates out there making probably below minium wage or probably just add it and jobs they don't like because half the time you still discovering what it is that you want. But don't take it for granted that you found your purpose. It's time for you to walk in it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: See that you have a concern. You said, well, doing college is not for me. One, you got to live your life. Two you said you don't want to waste that money. Well, if you're making all this money, you can do it for yourself. Now. One of the advantages that can be going to college is that you could probably negotiate a higher wage. But you are a i want to say, a tradesman. You're working with your hands, so that is based on scale and in a society such as today, the trades is where it's at. We got Manual R High School right over here in Los Angeles, a school that is known for the trades. It is no secret that these blue collar jobs where people can make six figures. So why would you put yourself in a rap waste where you don't know your head from your tail. You are learning how to be your taxes, you are learning how to manage your business. You are learning how to take care of your business. So perhaps it's time for you to invest your money. Perhaps it's time for you to look at where you can buy a home.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: What's unfortunate is that when we talk about building as a society and as a community, especially with a Black community, I'm not sure if it's also nurtured that you save your money, get enough money for your house, and then move on. Some cultures will say, hey, stay right here until you get married, stay right here till you ready to buy. I find that oftentimes in the African American community, you get eighteen, it's like, oh, you get up and grown. Because you grown, you gotta get out. So my advice would you keep going after the dream as long as it's paying the bills, make sure you ta staying under your uncle Nesto, and learn everything you can about the business, invest in it, make your money grow, and keep doing what it is that you need to do. You realize that you can't live for anybody else but you, and we here for a good time, not a long time, so we gonna make it count. Okay, are we clear? Anybody want to comment on that letter? All right? Hold on now, so, miss Felicia, because I'm about to call my aunt Jeanie. She said, Dawn, it was this the aunt that I met at the Madison Square Garden rally. Which one was that? I'm not sure what Riley? That was the Madison Square. No, the only aunt that's came out here so far is my aunt Brenda uh down down in Alabama. Yeah, that was the only aunt. All right, y'all. I told her I was gonna call her.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: A twenty?
Speaker 2: I told her.
Speaker 1: I said, well, a twenty on the East coast. Let's see what she got to say. Lord, have mercy, be easy on my aunt, child, I said, be easy like Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I told her, I said, listen, I'm gonna call you. I can't even understand why she not a Hello, Hello you you own we all?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I said, we both on? Oh I told you a twenty I forgot. I'm sorry, Anson.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing fine. Back, it's so good.
Speaker 1: We hear this. We hear a little Brazil in the background. I said, I'm so glad I hear a little Brazil in the background, because you know, I think when we talk about looking at our young people that you know, who you're voting for could possibly impact her life. Now, is this somewhere you can go where it's a little less noise?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Can you go somewhere where it's less noise? Can you hear me?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Do you really have me online? You are on live? Yes, Gennie. We let's get with the conversation. What you thought it was a game? So wait, Gennie, why are you calling me back? We're live, We're waiting on to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I'll have to call you right back back gap something.
Speaker 2: Going on right now?
Speaker 1: What time do you want me to call you back in?
Speaker 4: How long are you going to be on?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: The conversation is geared to you, so we're on right now? To talk about it. Oh my goodness. Yeah, yeah, because we wanted to share why you're voting for Trump. The election is happening on Tuesday. I have been teasing and so listening this entire show about how you're coming up next and why you are voting for Trump. Okay, so real quick, tell us you said that. Tell us a little bit about you. You Fromkie Troy. What year were you born in Igenie? Okay? All right, well there's you have a guest. She says she got a call back, so I'm sorry for that news. What can we say anybody out there really quickly, Let's share some views and let's get the conversation going until she calls back. Anybody out there that has already voted or is gearing up to vote, I want you to call me in the studio right now, and I just want you to share your thoughts right now as to what do you have to say for any individuals out there who are a person of color, or even a woman, or just in general, because at this point, I don't know if it's directed to a certain group of people as to why they should vote for Trump or shouldn't. Let's just talk about the overall basis, I would love for you to call in right now and share with me why you are not voting for Trump or Vice President Kamala Harris. Can you call me right now? I'd love to hear from you. Don't leave me out here dry, y'all.
Speaker 7: Call me.
Speaker 1: I was really pumped up about it because Ellen and I had a very good conversation. In fact, El should I call you? Let me call al Castro right now, because she definitely was passionate about the whole idea. She even said, dawn every time around this time, my nerves get shot. Hello, Hey, hey, I had to call you first because I don't know what happened. But now my aunt Jay's just like, I'm not ready. I gotta call you back. Let's talk. How does what you feel about any person of color or just anybody in general and their thoughts about voting for Donald Trump?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, I mean I come from a different state of opinion. I am a New Yorker born and raised. I know a different side. I grew up knowing and hearing of different sides of Donald J. Trump. I'm seeing the racist side of him my entire life.
Speaker 4: I feel like he is a he walks and breaths and exists hate.
Speaker 5: And it is extremely concerning to know that someone who represents that can be the leader of my country. So as a woman, he's trying to take away woman's rights. As a president of color, I feel like he's trying to revert us back to days of slavery. I don't see anything good that can come out of him returning to that position.
Speaker 1: Well, what about his whole idea of helping to boost the economy.
Speaker 5: I think that he is a narcissist and I think that anything that he says out his mouth is of self interest. And yeah, I don't think that it will boost an economy. I think it will have it self. It will be about him. It may appear, and that's the thing. People have to do their research. You have to do your research. You know, you vote for this person that you're not doing your research. You're looking at someone who is an entertainer on a television reality show mm hm, who is inciting domestic terrorism on our own soil, and who is putting policies in place that are having tremendous fallout that will that are that's setting us back. I think people really need to do their research.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel about individuals stating that whether you you got to figure out who you're going to put the choose the lesser of evils, saying that Kamala Vice President Kamala Harris isn't for the people. What do you say about that?
Speaker 5: I think that you have to do your research.
Speaker 1: Well, see, here's the thing. The election is on Tuesday. If you can't have some share, what does that mean for somebody that may not know how to do the research? And I think that's why I have to have an overstand what does it.
Speaker 5: Mean the less that it's too evil? Hey, you have one person who is who has been a lawyer for entire career and a government appointed professional her entire career, and then here you have somebody who is a criminal who has been convicted of several felonies.
Speaker 4: I want to say, thirty four forty three?
Speaker 5: How many felonies he's been convicted of several selonies in New York. He was facing charges in Georgia for tampering with the last election. And I don't understand when you see these allegations not just allegations, because they have been actually formally charged indictments, how can you even sit there and still think about voting that person back into that position. This doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: So if you had one message out there for individuals who are thinking of voting for Donald J. Trump, what would you say?
Speaker 5: I would say, if it's a person of color.
Speaker 1: Any person, because at this point, is it even about color at this point? Or is it everybody?
Speaker 5: It's not, it's he's just he represents divisiveness, he represents hate. And if that is what you want to live in, if you want to live in a country that is under a sum of dictatorships, then that's your choice. You know, if you if you like civil liberties and democracy, then I would encourage you to strongly not vote for him. But if that's what you want to live under, and as a person of color, if you want to go back in them fields and pick cotton, didn't go about that, because.
Speaker 9: That's what he is.
Speaker 4: His message is clear.
Speaker 5: He is a racist, he is a biggot, and he wants to bring us back to days of slavery and devoc and cause divisiveness amongst.
Speaker 8: All of us.
Speaker 1: And there you are, well, thank you so much, AIRL for sharing.
Speaker 5: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Please stay tuned in because I would love for you if you need to to call back and to make any clarification, because, like you said, you've been following this election very closely, right I have, Okay, so yes, please stay tuned, and I'd love to hear.
Speaker 4: Following his career.
Speaker 5: I mean since I was a child, I've seen his racist ways living in New York City?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Because when we think of Central Park five and then the whole ordeal that was happening with him and his rental place or his his property is building, right, he wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Allow her rent More than that, He's done way more than that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he is.
Speaker 5: Redline to prevent people of color from buying getting into the housing and buying real estate in certain parts.
Speaker 9: Of New York. Like, he's done way more than that. He's just the horrible.
Speaker 5: He is the horrible candidate person.
Speaker 1: Actually, And you have no apologies about that statement, do you at all? All right? Thank you so much, You're welcome. Well, I want to let you know the phone lines are open. Call me. We are waiting on my aunt's call back. I hope she didn't get cold feed, because I mean she was boasting it loud and clear, talking about some voting for Donald J. Trump. She was saying how Kamala Harris wasn't really for the people, and all of a sudden now she want to step out. She said, in fact, what did she actually do for us? What did she do? So I want to invite because I want to have this conversation. We know that the election is coming up. We are less than what six days from the election. What is going on? This is the time that we have to have the conversation of overstanding so that we can have some understanding because this election will impact lives. This election will affect our lives, and we can't just sit here and watch. We can't just sit here and listen. Missatasha. You was just saying on Tuesday you were working the polls. Do I need to call you or you're gonna call me? Because I am curious to hear what your experience has been. What is the rhetoric? What are people talking about? Because so many stories have broken out about the whole notion that these ballads are being cut on fire, they're blowing up the mailboxes. I'm hearing about mail trucks. What ballot boxes have fell in the back end? Oh, you know what, They're saying, oh, I forgot to lock the door? Did you really?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Because the thing that concerns me is just these tactics that are in place, that are being used. What happened thirty forty fifty years ago, even prior to the fact that we couldn't even vote? You making me guess how many jelly beans? How many pieces of rice is in a jar? First of all? Who counted it to verify in the first place? All right, Miss Latasha, you up next?
Speaker 7: Let me call it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did that? I think I put too many? Easier? Rose, I heard that extra zero? Didn't you? Let me see cal me?
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: How you doing you? Did you hear me talking about you? Yes?
Speaker 4: I did? H.
Speaker 1: So you know I's gonna call you girl, I know. So let's talk what Let's talk first of all with me even so, listen to the topic that my aunt's an African American woman in the Midwest, uh, probably born in the late fifties, early sixties. Say she voting for Donald J. Trump. Now, you've been out there working the polls, right, tell me what your thoughts are about this? Tell me, just tell me what's going on. So far?
Speaker 4: A lot of people are saying a by Harris that she's not doing anything for us as African Americans or minority. Trump is kind of like he's not doing anything. So we're not getting a lot of boats in right now at this time because due to the fact of people or still have mixed feelings about what's going on. But who I am African American, I let them know, you know, it's very important your vote does count. And I think us as minority we need to mean more to the Democrat than the Republican because he's only out for his own and there is mental health issues going on within him. That's my true outlook in others as well outlook. And like I said, I work at the Women's Hill in Lynwood. I'm a social worker inside the jails besides dealing with my nonprofit on the weekends. And I am a shocked because you have some people that are minority African Americans and Hispanics who are honestly voting for him. And I want to say something, but I catch myself because we in the workplace, so I have to be a little bit more professional. But when it comes to certain cultures, I do voice my opinion and say why are you voting for him. I'm not trying to be rude, but he was trying to put up a brick water for you guys and didn't want you guys to come over here. But you're gonna vote for him, you know. And I had to catch myself again. But at the end of the day, I feel like this Donde, our votes are very important. I understand who we have in office. But at the end of the day, you know, we got to make things right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Can you clarify something we were having that was having a discussion with l prior to the show. Can inmates vote if you're a convicted family, you can or cannot. You cannot vote right, you can't where I'm at.
Speaker 4: We do have a deputy right now going around in the different modules and allowing certain inmates to vote. Not all inmates can vote, but certain inmates can vote. Yes, they do have people going in with the ballots, are having them registered for the first time, because of course, at the Women's show, as soon as you turn eighteen you consider it as an adult. And they are allowing people to vote, and we honestly have the ballot, We have everything, so they can do everything. They just can't go outside. Do we have everything inside?
Speaker 1: You know what's so interesting just talking about the idea how everybody is in the middle, like they're like, I don't know the split between two evils and a conversation that we talked about earlier when I was talking to a coworker here at the studio shared the fact that they are a minority of Mexican descent, family is from Mexico and said, hey, I'm in between. I am not clear on who I'm voting for, but even addressed the perks of voting with Trump because they feel like, oh, they're going to make change. They said, all these policies that Kamala is talking about, well, it's gonna take years to implement. At least we know what Trump He's gonna do what he wants to do. But perhaps that's the problem in the first place, because what rules are he is he going to follow? Not even concerned with the fact of disenfranchising various school systems about ta teaching them from history, not concerned about the fact of the insurrection that took place that could be inside it, not even concerned about the rally that took place at Madison Square Garden with they were clearly racist remarks, and I'm talking about stating the fact that Puerto Rico looks like garbage, talking about the black neighbor carving a watermelon and putting it on their head, not to mention those of Hispanic descent, they don't know how to pull out. Why is this okay? Are we tripping? Do we feel as though if we experience this blatant racism, this blatant disrespect, is better than experiencing behind our back.
Speaker 4: You have a point that, but my thing is, as I always think John, that we still have them Jim Crows and Jim Jones out there and that's never going to change. It's just in certain states right there in front of our faces and certain stations behind the shield. And I can honestly say, when you go back out, it's out there here California is sometimes just getting behind the shield. But you know, you know, because you can feel it as a minority when you had them Jim Crows and Jim Jones. But for me, I'm not going to drink the purple punt. I'm good, but.
Speaker 1: Period, period. Right now, are you comfortable with Sharan who you're voting for?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I'm comfortable, and I'm gonna vote for Harry and the reason why. And I will stand my point. Yes, I did not like the way she did things back in the days when she was a public defender and you know, on that side, and she was putting all of us as minorities away behind bars and she didn't care. But I look at it as look, look what's going on, and then I mean, it's hard. But at the end of the day, I think my attitude is more she's a woman, she's African American, as she say, but we know who she married, so therefore I understand marriage. So you know, color doesn't show no love. But you know you have to take that on into faster. Are you really for us the people? Are you just saying a good thing to make us believe what you want to You're saying what you want us to hear. But then when you get in office, what are you going to really do?
Speaker 1: So it's almost like you feel like you're gambling.
Speaker 4: Yes I am, but I know I would not definitely vote for Trump. I can tell you that I knew he had mental health issues when they told me that he went to boarding school. That already let me know that your mom, your dad, nobody in the family can deal with you, so they send you off to go to school because nobody can't deal with you. So that's a problem within himself, and by me being a social worker and dealing with the mental health feel inside the jails, dealing with that's the issue within him.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, thank you so much for right about I just want to give a comment about what was going on in the jails. You were right about what was going on. It doesn't seem to surprise me because there's always something going on at mans Central County Jail. There's always a lot of overdose. There's always a lot that goes on. But let's not exempt the jail where I'm at, the women's jail in Mine Woods. There's a lot that goes on in our jail too. The only thing is it's just swept underneath the carpet. Sometimes it get out, sometimes they don't. But since the man Central County Jail on Twins tar Are the well Mansister County Jail is the oldest jail, so whenever something goes on there, it definitely goes to the news real fast. The only thing you see about us is if a deputy had set to it, they in made are something minor. I mean, that's not minor. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, but something on that level before it's drugs and all that you don't really hear from our.
Speaker 1: Jail what so there has to be the officers. Are they the ones that's bringing the drugs in?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I'm gonna be honest, and I'm gonna tell you. For instance, when inmates get ready to go to court and just say you've got to be at court eight o'clock in the morning. You're all on the black and you're going to Comptant court House, Long Beach Courthouse. Where the courthouse you're going, you just say, for instance, it was you you got caught up and they put you inside the holding. Take with me. You came from off the street. I'm somebody that's already in jail. They ain't checked you fully to make sure you ain't got nothing on you, So who's to say that you ain't got nothing hit up in you? And then sometimes that does happen like that where the inmates are bringing it in. It's not necessarily the workers bringing it in, but sometimes in some cases it's the inmates to bring it in.
Speaker 5: Because you know you're in court, we're in a holding.
Speaker 4: Who's to say, who's really keeping an eye on everybody? So that does happen. And then from what I understand, we had an incident where it was a nurse. It was a nurse. What she was bringing in stuff a nurse. So you know, you have to ask yourself is it worth it? Is it worth the schooling, the education, just how long you've been with the county. I've been with the county twenty four years. But you got to ask yourself, is it really worth it for you to do all this and they end up losing your job and your prudentials as a nurse.
Speaker 1: Well, how much money the inmates are paying them to bring in the contraband?
Speaker 4: I don't know how much. I have no idea. I have no idea about that part. But you be surprised. You have family members who know, family members who help out, family members who help out everything.
Speaker 1: Now l Castro from Facebook says, but do CEOs also bring contraband into the jails.
Speaker 4: I'm with the county jail, so we have deputies and we have custody assistance. I can't speak for the state level, but I can speak for the county that I don't believe so, But if you can read between the lines, I don't believe so. I think they're more of, you know, bringing in other things, bringing in other things. I mean, we do have a high rate. Like I said about deputies having sex with the inmates, we do have a high rate. I've had women on my case flow where they tell me ome issts and I'm going home. I said, no, you're not. I didn't approve for you to walk out these double doors, and they let me know, Oh yeah, I will go home. You will see it tonight on the news. And when I got home, I've seen it. It was a deputy who had different women having sex with him and they were asking for our well, he was asking for all sets. They gave him the all sets. And then when the sheriff came down to us asking us questions, we were like, well, we didn't.
Speaker 2: Know that all this was going on.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, anyway, how did you know that it was this deputy? And the girl came out and said, because I saved the evidence in my mouth and put it in a cup every day.
Speaker 1: Shut up, And it's just like that.
Speaker 4: Now, how she got it? That's exactly how she got on. And this happened. You guys can YouTube it, look it up. This happened at our jail in September of twenty twenty seven. No, no, no, oh wait September twenty seventeen. Sorry about that, you guys. And it happened at the women's jail where there was a deputy who was having sest with the inmates. And it's at the women's jail century original Detention facility.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it does go on.
Speaker 4: It does go on, but it's sad because my attitude the list. I'm not trying to be rude, but you can go get somebody off the Long Beach Boulevard and go get somebody out of begin you know, I mean, is it You do this because you feel you have the power over them because they convicted a crime or whatever, so therefore they feel that they must do this to get on your good side. That's not fair. You don't do people like.
Speaker 1: That, taking advantage of people. That's why I feel like a lot of things when we talk about this ego goes in the way, this hunger for the power, whether it comes with money, the sex, the drugs, the fame, like whatever, it is. It's the sense of power that individuals need and they want. Right, Well, thank you so much for shedding the light on the truth.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm also going to up level the conversation on another show, and I hope that you can tune in of just talking about the senseless deaths that happen in these prison systems and how family members are losing their loved ones and not getting any explanation as to what happened, and what are you supposed to do about it?
Speaker 10: Right? Right?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 4: I mean I can say, for instance, like in the Man Central County jail, and I noticed when you're not Hispanic or Black, that they have less deputies behind you, like maybe one or two deputies walking with you. But if you're African American or Hispanic, then you have like ten twelve deputies walking behind you because of that fear, they claim. But I don't think it's really fear. Because if I'm a social worker and if I can walk around that jail by myself and talk and laugh and do whatever, I fear no one. You know, that's just me, And I tell them you need to just stay prayed up, they said, But you don't understand, No, I understand. I see the skin color, so I understand very well. I said I was born at night, not last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, catch it. Oh my goodness, you know. Okay, well, thank you so much for sharing. I really appreciate it. And we're gonna up level that conversation because these are the things. That's when we got inside people that know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, right, So feel free to call me anytime. You know my work schedule, so feel free to call me anytime, and I will like to be on that call that when we talk about that topic.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, you already noticed.
Speaker 8: Deal.
Speaker 1: I'm come.
Speaker 5: Right then.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get back online now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see you on another sagger.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, thank you, I can.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, so we got that. We got a little airfoll there. Now, I see some comments are coming in. Kevin Ross stated on faceboo, Kevin, are you still here? Because I'm about to call you. Kevin Ross says, why do black people say Harris has done uh hasn't done nothing for black people? Why is that important? Why is I'm Kevin, I'm interested in hearing you expound upon that some more because my thing is this wouldn't I want somebody in office that has done something for people that look like me. Isn't that the reason while we get out in there and voked, so that your voice can be escalated, to be elevated. I'm calling Kevin Ross. Yes, don Kevin Ross. How you doing. I'm doing good. I'm glad that you're doing good.
Speaker 9: I'm doing good. I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: So I was reading your comment. Talk to me. You say, why is it important if Vice President Kamala Harris has not done anything for black people? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 7: I don't I don't understand why why she has to has done something for black people when you want her to have done something for people in general. If Asian president only did things for white people, that that doesn't seem to be something to be voting for. Our being discussing as if well, she ain't doting nothing or he ain't getting nothing for black people. That's that's a one sided thing.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't want that.
Speaker 7: That just baffles my thinking.
Speaker 2: M hm, why is it?
Speaker 7: I guess of course you're not posing to anybody who's listening. Why is that important? And why why is that even a topic to say or she hasn't done anything for black people. That's not her job to do things for black people only.
Speaker 1: Well l Castro from Facebook says, because the election is all about race because of other candidates, that's who she's running against. Trump is all about race because he's a racist. So if you know that you're running against a racist, wouldn't you want somebody that has done something for people that look like you or not?
Speaker 7: Necessarily?
Speaker 1: Now, and what are your thoughts on the whole idea.
Speaker 7: Swing my vote? It doesn't swing my vote. I mean, it doesn't swing my vote either way based on what see You know they say rock does nothing for black people.
Speaker 9: Uh, you know, vote for.
Speaker 7: Somebody because they haven't or had done something for black people.
Speaker 1: Hello hello, oh yeah, you said vote for something that What is you just say said?
Speaker 7: Is it is it important for a president or a person running for president to have done something special with their race and should that be a reason to vote for him?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say this, I think that when you talk about somebody being a leader or to represent your voice, I would want to know that my voice is heard. I would want to know that I am being seen. And so what that would look like is what type of implemmation, what type of policies, what kind of actions, what type of initiatives have taken place, that have done some people for something for people that looks like me. Because when it's all said and done, when it's decided to allocations of money or how to carry through things, to amplify things, to shut things down, are you doing it for the interest or am I being seen? Is it done because of someone that looks like me or representative of me? And you know, l Castro says, you know, Brock did things for all people, and she says that she thinks that that Vice President Kamala Harris will do something for all people. So I think it's an idea of you just want to make sure your voice is heard.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I mean, if they they're saying those things, I guess I really was speaking to the people who say and have said, you know, she hasn't she hasn't done anything for black people. Why would I go for she has any proof that she's done anything for black people? Or are you know why it to me?
Speaker 8: Just to me?
Speaker 7: And I'm only talking about me. I don't understand why that's important. I would want a president who has done something.
Speaker 9: For all people.
Speaker 7: And and that's that's a the three, that's like a one, that's a I don't know, I guess.
Speaker 1: Uh, like a one stop shop.
Speaker 7: I tell you, I yeah, you can say it. I won't. But you know it's like, do you want a president who only does something for black people?
Speaker 9: Don't want to? How they go get the waiting vote?
Speaker 1: Catch it? And now you know there are a lot of people that has the the rhetoric of well, you know, Trump sent us some money, and Obama came forth and said, hold up, wait a minute, Oh, Trump was the only one that put his name on the check. But best believed when you left that relief Biden, I mean, uh, Biden didn't put his name on it, and that he didn't put the name on it, but he could have. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 7: Are we basing uh throwing money to the people on the reason to vote for somebody?
Speaker 2: So he threw so he threw.
Speaker 7: He threw the United States some money during COVID you know, is that a reason? I mean, anybody could have done that in that situation or was it the setup for later such as people are now saying what he did for us during COVID and you know all that type of stuff. I don't I don't understand that, you know all it cakes is very touchy, disiblementual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just want to make sure that we make this a safe space to have the conversation because there's a lot of people that need to understand. I mean, this a lunch action, as we've been talking about, could be the face that changes the trajectory of a lot of people's lives. And at least if you're gonna sit there and vote or not for understand what you're.
Speaker 2: Standing on, you know, without one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I was looking at Bear Bear, I'm not sure do you have any insight? Kevin Ross, Bear says, I have a buddy who is voting for Trump just because of the hit laws. Nothing else.
Speaker 12: Law.
Speaker 7: I can't see that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to get beer. I don't think I got your number, Bear, call me. Okay. Well, thank you so much, Kevin Ross. I hope you stay tuned in, and if you have any further comments, please feel free to call again or to go ahead and put it in the chat.
Speaker 2: All right, Hello, yes sir, yes, ma'am, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Oh, that y'all hurt that Dane. That's my aunt. Hey, give me a minute, because I thought you wanted me to tune in online to your podcast. No, I was calling you on the phone. Everybody says, where's Auntie Trumpet? We texting right now. I just wanted your boys. I don't know if she got scared of y'all. Now, Beer, I don't think I have your number. Beer, can you call me? Can you call me in the studio, Beer, call me in the studio. I want your voice to be heard. The number is eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Call me in the studio. I'm texting my aunt right now. Y'all see the text messages. I'm trying to figure out what she got confused about. Nevertheless, I do want to have this conversation. Jesus. I don't understand why she is having this. It's so challenging. I had her on the live. It was going to be a phone call. Pardon the silence. Beer, Please feel free to call in. I would love to hear what you got to say about the gone laws. He says, Okay, give me a second, all right, So this is what we got at stake. We have individuals who have stated there on the fence whether or not to vote for Vice President Kamala Harris. Are we doing for Donald J? Trump?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: A lot of people say, you know, regardless of whatever raise, how could you not vote for somebody that is not looking for the best interest of all people. Then some people say, specifically, say, well, why am I gonna vote for Kamala Harris? What has she done for black people? What do you think can be done out There's a lot of talk about all of the policies that she has into place and whether or not how long these policies are going to take to get into effect. And somebody has stated that question. I said to them, what do you think I mean? Is it better that it's like almost saying I don't want to invest in something because it's gonna take years for me to get a turn around in profit. Then you got I guess other people saying I want to put my money in or cash my check right now, Well, that's gonna come with some penalties. That's going to come with a bit of a challenge. Bert I got the number right on the screen for you, eight one, eight four, six one fifty four to thirty two again. That's eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Come me in a studio right now. I want to hear from you. And if you have any comments, go ahead and put them on the I would love to review them. I might try to call my aunt again because I'm unclear as to what she's unclear about. That's when you go free for all. Let me see what happened because I let me call on her again right now. Let's see. Don't be scared, like, don't be talking, big chest, big body. So now I guess she ain't picking up. There is nothing to get ready for. And that's the only thing I'm mad because I hyped it up. Hmm, yes, okay, So we're just having this conversation. We know that the election is taking place just days away, less than a week, and less than a week we will have the verdicten. Oh hello, talk to me, bear, can you hear me? I can bear to hear you what I signed, real law for you, real real love. Okay, well you can you can make it out right now?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So talk to me. You said that you have a buddy of yours who said that they are going to vote for Trump. Because of the gun laws.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like, okay, so he's uh.
Speaker 10: We had a conversation that's long ago, and he told me he, uh, he don't care about pers The only thing he cares about is is I believe it's taking him in the so far as a gun though.
Speaker 9: I guess he don't. He don't want those thim in a way, My finion is that that's the only usual votes for the dude. We are lost. I know, I've heard a lot of people say they're voting for.
Speaker 8: Miss Harris for the only for the simper passion's black, or they're voting for Trump because they don't want to figure up an office. That kind of remind me of all the social nigga was running for the uh for the thing in California and a lot of people won't voted him because he was a actor. It's like, we have a lot of people that's voting but not voting for the right reason.
Speaker 1: Right because your buddy is saying that, Okay, I'm voting for the gun laws. But we got to come and say, well, Vice President Kamala Harir is for the Second Amendment, and folks need to do simply their research. But I think also, folks, we need to have more of these conversations to talk about why things are, why people feel ways are impacted, so that we can decipher the truth. Because the truth is still gonna stand oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, mostimulantly. And I mean it's rather than our face that we just pay attention to it.
Speaker 6: M Unfortunately, I was the that grew up that my parents didn't vote, so I part se didn't have that politic or political conversations growing up.
Speaker 8: I'm just now getting at the political the political conversations here and there.
Speaker 9: So I'm not even gonna say like I know the ins and outs of it. I'm still, like I said, I'm still learning myself on what different things is.
Speaker 8: But one thing I did learn is in order for me to have my own opinion instead of going off of whood says and all that other is like the lady says that you just had on the phone, I want to go do your research.
Speaker 9: So that's where I'm stuck at it with. I'm not even gonna lie.
Speaker 6: For the last maybe two or three elections that we had to vote, I was accused, so I just voted for the Freedom Party. I mean with ill still with them myself, that was like the right thing to do at the times is I couldn't distinguish the two of the the republican and democratics, you know, what was.
Speaker 9: Right what was wrong.
Speaker 8: So now that I'm actually having more politic political conversations, I'm trying to do a little by little research and studying to see, you know, what will best heed.
Speaker 11: Me right and my son as you know, a five year old black kid, and my wife. My wife is more incluid than I am, but we don't have some conversations.
Speaker 6: Due to the fact I'm at work fifteen hours a day, five to seven days, five to six days a week.
Speaker 9: So when I come home, I'm tired.
Speaker 6: We have normal conversations about how your day was, except a recession.
Speaker 9: Next morning, I get up to do it again.
Speaker 8: And on my off days, I'm exhausted from working for me all the week. Whereas like we just meet me alone for a.
Speaker 9: Minute, that minute surges and now I got to go back to work again. Got But I heard though, I kind of a lot of that stuff I have.
Speaker 8: To do with my owner, you know, do research on my own. But it's still like the conversations that I should be having with the family. I can't to the job and time won't allow it, right, right, right, right, I do think that's a real.
Speaker 9: That's not that's not that's not a.
Speaker 8: A correct way to vote for somebody all because you want your gun, you know, you just you want to be able to buy as many guns or they have a new law where you to buy a bigger magazine or etcetera. Orce now just saying okay, okay, they give you your gun, lag Doug. But at the end of the day, now they put in effect that now you can't use it. You can have them, but you aren't using the protect yourself.
Speaker 9: So now she voted for.
Speaker 1: Was pointless, right, And I guess you know something that you said.
Speaker 9: Personally off from the old school where.
Speaker 8: If I had to not promote, but I have to defend myself or I had to be in in any kind of act of violence, I have two hands, and that's what they were for. And at the end of the day, it's like on my block, everybody had a probable jest, somebody got punched off, or.
Speaker 9: You know, you punched back. You didn't go run to your closet or run your car and pull out of weapon that you know do that, So I mean, that's just why I'm at with it. Like I can care less about the gun laws.
Speaker 8: I just want to make sure myself, my family, and my son has a chance at life with a better future.
Speaker 9: I supposed to happen to fight the odds of going back into the eighteen hundreds to the early nineteen hundreds with the people telling you to do what you say. I mean, do what they say, and you have to do what they say, or you know, for.
Speaker 1: Dismissing thank you for Saron, And the one thing that I hear, like a lot of people share just like how you were saying of just not having this discourse, not having a conversation, so you kind of lost in the sauce. And I do feel it so easy to say, well do your research. Well, it's like being in a room and you don't even know the lights are off? Where am I supposed to go? Where are the people that are able to deliver the message so we can receive it now? One thing I have been saying with Vice President Kamala Harris is that she has been getting down with the community. And what I mean that, whether that is not taking advantage of social media, whether that's not going where the young people are going on TikTok taking these podcast interviews. There is a way that she's showing up and saying, hey, reach me, if you need to reach me, let's have a conversation and let's talk about it, right. And I feel as long as we keep having more conversations like this and understanding that people need to overstand, then we're going to be able to make way.
Speaker 9: Right right, Okay, Well, I mean one thing I can say that I.
Speaker 8: Learned with a little bit of peaking through the window, living at the debate or doing a little bit of study.
Speaker 9: I mean, Rump showed the shoe.
Speaker 8: Colors the luod for years and then for some odd reason, he's still a little bit even though we have another president in in place, always.
Speaker 11: Somebody that already did their term feel relevant more than who's who's in you know, who's Gonnallow.
Speaker 1: Well, let's not be mistaken that we're talking about a part of social media celebrity. He did have his talk show, Hey You're Fired, So he knows his way of knowing how to appeal to the masses, whether it may be good or bad. And l says, because hate doesn't disappear out and we got to consider the fact that America was built on racism.
Speaker 9: Mm hmmm mm hm.
Speaker 8: So I mean my figure is, why why do we want to go back to what it was built off of opposed to trying to make it better and you know, navigate through the ins and outs of what we learned from from back in history.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it just I mean, like I said, I mean, I'm a little I guess you could say, a literate to the political conversation as of now. But the more time I get in, the more research and study I'll do, I'll be more you know, a wealthy quick for the in and out of it.
Speaker 9: But as right now, it's like I know a little bit, but I guess not enough to teach people.
Speaker 1: But you can teach or tell people what they're talking about because you are a brother. And I'm just curious when you talking to your other brothers, not excluding your friend that says they're voting because of the gun laws, why do you feel that some black men are opposed to voting for Kamala Harris and a lot of people who he's talking about, Well, she locked up a lot of people back when she was serving as a prosecutor or a public defender. One we got taking consideration that was her job, and then two. Now, don't quote me I read or heard, I can't remember, but from what I understand why she did put a lot of people behind bars. It was far less than her counterparts were doing.
Speaker 9: That's what I heard too.
Speaker 1: So we just fell to her because she is a black decid Yeah, but.
Speaker 9: The thing too. Nothing for my personal business up there like that. But growing up, I grew up. I have a nice amount of people that don't vote.
Speaker 8: Because we'll just say, they're more familiar we're inside the jail than outside, so they don't really vote.
Speaker 9: The other people that I.
Speaker 8: Have a conversation with that that that kind of don't want to vote for miss Harris, and for the simple fact that it's the female that will be running stuff and they don't like being told what to do by females. Me being a person I am, was raising the household for the females, and the most dominant person in the house for a while was a.
Speaker 9: Female, which is my mother. Raised us pretty well. She did what she was supposed to do. She did uh. She carried us how she could as a female. So I have no problem with taking orders and listening to a female.
Speaker 8: I mean, as I was raised by my grandparents's left, so you know, I'm a I just I just want to.
Speaker 9: Go for the you know, like I said, the person that's been through us and that to help us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just looking at a past comment that Elle said. She said, if a woman, more specifically a black woman is the better candidate for a job because she has not been convicted of a crime, she actually worked for the government, and she knows the public policies and legislation, then what are we talking about? What are we talking about?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 9: But I mean, I mean, for me, at the end of the day, I'm just trying to stay relevant.
Speaker 8: Like I said, you're taking an attention off of what even even now, I have a thing like when when we had when what was it Iran?
Speaker 9: And is me or have the two countries mixed up?
Speaker 8: But the word that the people that just done over to hundred missiles to the other country, Like who wants to continue to deal with that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 9: I feel if we do end up with Trump, it'll just get worse hm hmm. And it's like why, why, why do we want to be in a.
Speaker 8: Worse situation opposed to making it making it a whole lot better, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hear a lot of people talking about well, at least I know the not so good part of Trump because he's coming face forward, and for some reason, a lot of piece people feel like, Okay, well, Kamala Harris must have got some stuff under her sleeve, in her jacket, in her pocket, under her hand.
Speaker 13: Well me, I don't want to go to a person knowing he's finish shoot me and I'm finna die. I rather go to the person that might not have that intention. I'm not gonna just go for fee knowing that's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Okay, hmm, catch it.
Speaker 8: I mean, but that's just me at the end of the day, Like I want to see tomorrow, I don't want to be just you know, I hope he don't do it knowing he told me that's what he was gonna do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thank you for sharing. I'm about to call on Miss Felicia to see what she got to say. Thank you so much, beerlle You know I appreciate you. Thank you for sticking by me any.
Speaker 9: Time I got you and I'll be there. Well, oh that's I want to ask you to what time does the the end on Saturday?
Speaker 1: The Men Health Day, I know, yes, this Saturday, everybody family, Black Men's Wellness Day put on by the African American Male Wellness Agency, happening right here at five hundred and one Obama Boulevard, right there at Rechel Sine and Goad Plaza or Cosports Complex. They will be giving free health screenings. Get your health screenings for free. I checks STD cholesterol, your blood pressure, talk to medical professionals that have your best interests in mine as a person of color. It will be happening from seven am to twelve pm. I'll probably be pulling up around a thirty and probably be there till around eleven or maybe later. But you know you can catch between eight thirty and ten thirty.
Speaker 14: You know, me, I was a night I get kind of early, right, but I'm gonna trying to get there at a thirty is because I definitely would have partaken that even though I look for the doctors every single month.
Speaker 9: There's no you know, there's nothing wrong with were going to get to take an opinion?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm hmm. All right, well, I look forward to seeing you beer. It's gonna be our first time meaning person.
Speaker 9: Yeah the time when allows, peop, just work and work and work.
Speaker 1: Here what hot tholus money.
Speaker 9: On Saturday?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm looking forward to it, So message me. Hit me up and let me know when you pull up. Okay, okay, left, I got you, all right, I'll talk to you. Okay, Hey, great perspective.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: I love hearing from a black man, just to know what other black brothers are feeling. Because for whatever reason, this whole idea of having a woman in charge, people ain't here for it. In fact, miss Felicia said, she said, they do not want a woman saying anything to them at all. So Elle says, so instead of choosing a woman, they prefer racist. This makes so much sense. That makes so much sense. Pun intended. That was a joke, y'all. Don't take that for real, because I mean, honestly, really, and you know, I have apologize folks that I'm headed to pie. I don't know to use the restaurant as Felicia, Well, I don't know what she said, Miss Mayan. Do I have your number because you might need to call me? I oh, you had it. I was like, well, real quick, just tell us real quick quick, what were your thoughts so far when people talking about voting. Oh, you gotta cut the screen down. Are you listening to me or to compute us? Well, I guess you're gonna all right. Well, these are the comments and these are the conversations that we are elevating. Miss Mayan. I don't believe I have your number, but if you like, I would love to hear your thoughts, your views, your opinions, and call me here in the studio. I'm gonna have the number at the bottom, but it's eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Eight one, eight four six one fifty four thirty two. We know that the election is days away, less than a week, there are still folks that are in between that says, hey, I don't know who I want to vote for. In fact, we got miss Latasha who's worked at the post, who is on the ground, got our hands in the community, and she is saying that a lot of people have not showed up to vote. She says why because people are confused who to vote for. He says, well, if we know a woman, specifically a black woman, as a better candidate, what are we questioning things to think about. Right, the key answers that we need to invote. We need to have these conversations because these are going to affect our community. This is going to affect each and every one of us. And if we don't start elevating these conversations and people feeling like a safe base to express themselves, then where is that going to take us? Where is that going to lead us? I mean, it's no secret the conversations that we had when people were talking about it at that rally, and yet people are still okay with In fact, what was talking to the coworker earlier and el was on the phone. She asked, she said, well, how do you feel that he said that Puerto Rico looks like a piece of garbage floating in the ocean. L came back and said, well, you are a Mexican that can have been been very well talking about people that look like you, your family members, your brothers and sisters, and yet for whatever reasons, people still don't feel as though it is enough. But what is the shake of gonna become Wednesday morning, November three, when the tally has been counted. I think it's gonna say a lot about us as a people. There will be no secret about who your neighbor is, what the business's intentions are, and heck, the direction in which this country is going. Oh it's going to be on the fifth. Wait, hell, what are you talking about? Are you saying the election day on the fifth? I'm trying to keep up with your comments and having my conversation. But yes, on Wednesday morning, the counting is on eleven six, Okay, so then we will have the results should be end not the fifth. The results should be end on the seventh. H what say you?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: I was really interested. I don't know if anybody's watching. Is there anybody out there that is voting for Trump? I hope you know this is a safe space. Ain't nobody going to attacking you. But I do think it's important that we elevate the conversation as to why we are voting who we are voting for, because a change has to start, and we have to be the start of the change.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: So while I have these last few minutes before I wrap this up and head out of here, I want to let you know that the phone lines aren't open and I would love to hear from you if you have some last remarks or perhaps do you have some last words that you want to encourage people as to why they should get out and vote. Call me right now in the studio eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. I want to hear from you. In fact, let me sit here and call I got one of the person, Miss Wanda. Where you at, Miss Wanda? Are you still listening? I'm gonna call Miss Wanda right now because I am interested to hear what she has to say in regards to people and voting, what the community is saying, what does look like for the people. I really wish we had a contradictory viewpoint as to who to vote for. I'm calling Miss Wanta Honoree. I don't even know if she's available, if she's busy, but I figured I do want more call before I head out of here, because this is the last conversation that we have before we head out to the election. In fact, Hey, Miss Wanta, Hey, Hey, how you doing. I was just calling lastly before I head out of here. I wanted to know what your thoughts were in regards to the election and if you had any words of encouragement or something you'd like to say for people that are in between and do not know which candidate to vote for.
Speaker 2: M this is uh me saying this live.
Speaker 9: We're just saying this to you.
Speaker 1: Oh we live? You live?
Speaker 9: Are you you live?
Speaker 1: Listen what everybody? Because sir who hears it? Are we afraid to speak the truth?
Speaker 7: I just need to know what type of uh of laster conversations you know more or less?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: So yes?
Speaker 12: In terms of the election, I I really I hope that people pay more attention to the facts and do their research. Like the other lady said, I mean not that you obviously have a lot of time to do research at this point that but you should at least know more than what someone else told you about what you're going to do. And it's uh, it's unfortunate that they've already have a lot of of.
Speaker 9: Incidents that are happening.
Speaker 12: One of my friends set me a uh inst well, I think it was some kind of instagram that they had basically stone some incident that happened at the opposed in South Carolina where the the white voter didn't want to obey the rules and came in with the maga hat and it became a whole violent situation and there was a bunch of women although they stood their ground and uh, you know, and they were saying that, you know, we need to have the men supporting the women who were there, and law enforcement should be there. And I just left the store where it was interesting that the Hispanic owner, uh is voting for Trump? You so, because I don't know how I got how the conversation came up. So there's a lot of people who whatever reason that doesn't even make sense, they're voting for somebody who I don't know what good that they really leave is going to come out of the having him in the office, And it would be really unfortunate if we have to find out what that what will actually happen if he gets in, because he's pretty much telling us, you know, so you really don't have to wonder. He's pretty much telling you he's not coming out. And once he gets in, he's gonna put away everybody that he doesn't like, everybody that came against him, and he's going to do you know a lot of things reverse a lot of other things that we've been able to gain, and you know, the lesser if you want to call the lesser of the evils, which I don't believe that's a lesser the evil. I believe that you know that Kamala Horris is a viable candidate and will do a good job to make sure that this country gets back on track. But even if you just decide that you know you don't like either candidate, will suck it up and do like the Republicans do and vote Democrats. I mean, that's that's what they do. So you know what he does, and you know, like you said, he kills somebody.
Speaker 9: And they still going to vote for him.
Speaker 12: So you know, we need to be thinking about that because if they're that strong about their candidate and we're not standing behind our candidate, then when we get the other candidate in, another candidate is kicking our butt.
Speaker 2: There's really nothing we.
Speaker 7: Have to say.
Speaker 12: So I just hope everybody you know goes out and votes and hopefully votes the right way. And if you don't vote for the presidential elections, please vote for the local so that you know you make sure that the persons that are going to make the immediate decisions are going to be put in office that's gonna benefit you and you know and just pray that the outcome is going to be something that will benefit our country and that we won't have a lot of craziness afterwards.
Speaker 4: So that's my words.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you so much, mss Wanda, No problem, all right, I'll talk to you all right. Well, how do you feel? How does this make you feel? What are with thoughts? What are we thinking?
Speaker 2: Ms?
Speaker 1: Mayan says, So, what do you think about people that says they they don't like either candidate? Me? Personally? Are we talking about everybody? I think that there's power and choice and you got to exercise that choice, and then I would explore or inform them to say, let's let's have a conversation so we can talk about the things you like and what you don't like. But I feel like that's the thing that's that's boiling down in general. So ms Mayan said, this goes out to everybody. What would you say to somebody that doesn't like either candidate? I'm going to try to call this one other brother. He doesn't know that we're on the air, but let me see if I can get ganging. You don't even know about to call them. You don't know the number that I'm calling him from let me see. This could be a check calling, This could be a whole check. Hello, Genghis, Hello, Hello? Is this ganghas is Dawn?
Speaker 7: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Can you hear me?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 9: Hold on?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 9: Why do I hear somebody? Hold on one second?
Speaker 1: Come on, I only got a couple more minutes. Hello, hold on, hold on? How are yu loa?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So ms Maya says okay, my sister and my cousin who is in Tennessee. It's saying this is not me? Oh my god, Yagis are you there?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: Yes, I can hear you.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is doing like the break of day. I got you live on my podcast, so everybody can hear you right now?
Speaker 9: Wow, I'm okay, let me get some face this background.
Speaker 1: I ain't even here the background until right now. I didn't hear the background until right now. You got a second. Are you busy? All right? I just disconnected it. Okay, So we had this wonderful conversation. I want to thank you guys, unless gang has caused me right back for tuning in and my sincereous apologies. I guess my aunt called cold feet My thing is if you want to talk a good game, you know back it up. And this was not in a space of badgering anybody about making a decision of who they vote for. We just need to have the conversation, even if it's opposing views, as to why you standing on your view, because if you want to be better and see better, you got to be able to do better and you only can do that by showing up. Now el she's a proud Africa Afro Latina. She says, my folk and my homestay are banded together. Especially out of the Puerto Rican comments from Sunday's rally, the Mexicans in La really need to do better. And she's specifically talking about a conversation having with a coworker of mine here at the studio, how we gonna do better if we don't know better, if we don't do our research. But I appreciate each and every one of you that have made a comment, that have called in or allowed me to call in and decided to respond, to allow your voice to be heard because change has got to come and that change has a star with us. So with that being said, I want you to be out there voting. I don't want to interrupt anybody. It's going to be an interesting situation come next Tuesday, on November fifth. But nevertheless, I will be back on November seventh, and by then we will have the verdict in about who the presidents are. We should have it at that time, and I'm interested to hear what your results are going to be. Holds on this might be ganghis Hello, ganghus Is, hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 15: I can, and you shouldn't hear any background noise that I'm in a quiet space.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know I sprung up on you surprisingly, but that you know what doing day. You never know what you're gonna get really rightly right, I got you live on the podcast. I wanted to hear thoughts, especially for my black brothers, when it comes down to the election, who you are voting for and why? And what are the brothers say that you're in community with?
Speaker 9: Okay, excellent question.
Speaker 15: Timely is the very important. All elections are important, but obviously this one is very pivotal and it's upon us on Tuesday, November fifth. With all due respect, I typically don't express who I'm voting for, versus the fact that I definitely will be voting. I've determined it to be symbolic and uh something that is a is an imperative for me as a black man as well as others.
Speaker 9: So I'm more so promote. I promote go out and vote.
Speaker 15: Your choice is your choice, but do vote that the acting and of itself is symbolic and significant to our people, and I plan to participate. Last part I would think about because I I am very family oriented. I think about my late uh grandparents and late parents who voted and.
Speaker 9: What they may have had to deal with with just to vote.
Speaker 15: So it is a moral imperative, cultural obligation, family obligation vote national and local elections.
Speaker 9: So I'm looking forward to Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it is that it. You're not gonna say nothing that the other brothers have been talking about as far as.
Speaker 9: Well my circle of brothers.
Speaker 15: You know, I can't speak for each and it, but the collective sentiment is that they understand, they understand the moment, they understand the significance of voting. I don't have too many people in my circle who look at the privilege to vote and say, no, that's not something I wish to do. We have a fundamental understanding from my just circle of friends growing up in Los Angeles and Compton and beyond, as well as my fraternity brothers of OMEGASID Foxtorney Incorporated.
Speaker 9: We understand the historic moment to vote.
Speaker 15: It's a responsibility that we all take very dearly, and we plan to execute our decision to vote on Tuesday, November fifth four.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much, genghis.
Speaker 9: No problem at all, no problem, thank you for.
Speaker 15: Uh huh, yes, yes, yes, I'll be walking in Men's Health and Wellness on Saturday and it'll take the right into the polls on Tuesday the fifth.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm looking forward. I'll see you on Saturday, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 9: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 1: Absolutely on whatever, I don't mean to hang up. I ain't gonna be hold you. I got a littlennoy because my thing is is why why are we Why are people a polls of stating wool you're voting for? We have the right to our views, thoughts and opinion. That was so piecing. But you know, I can't say and I understand I heard him now, I don't understand what my aunt talk A good big game, No, no, offense. Aunt, Jeanie, love you much, but God, dog, you know we got to make sure that we up level this conversation. Ell says, that's a personal choice. Though it is I understand, but I'm just saying. I'm just saying, I guess you don't have to scream and shot everything, but I guess what something so important is this and we know that this can be an impact. You are selecting somebody that's going to amplify your voice. Let your voice be heard if you have been silenced, especially if you are part of any particular community, Let your voice be heard. Elle says it's a personal choice, but he did mention he's part of the D nine organization. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some individal Jews that came for and didn't go the thoughtful way, because Vice President Kamala Harris is part of the Divine nine organization. So hey, live your life, live it how you want it, all right, Like I said, Vitamin D Live. Will not be here on Tuesday because we need to get out a vote, but I will be back on Thursday, and hopefully we can tell something good about what's the result of the selection. Nonetheless, I want to encourage you to make sure that you are tunes in every Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are live at five yeap that's Vitamin D live right here in the studio with the one and only Dawn like the break of day. I want to encourage you that if you have any thoughts, views, their opinions, or you would like to suggest someone to be a guest on the podcast, to send me an email Vitamin D at Dawn daispeaks dot com. That's Vitamin D at Dawn daispeaks dot com. As we're building up, I want to encourage you to follow on all social media Vitamin D Dawn d Ai. That's Vitamin D Dawn Dai. And of course if you want to own person, I don't somebodym dbaby, you can follow me on all social media at to Dawn Dai speaks. Okay, that's Dawn Dai speaks. Well, I love you. UH pull up on me. On Saturday, I'm gonna be overle at the Michelle and Barack Obama Sports Complex. Write there off of Obama Boulevard, Obama Boulevard five hundred and one, Obama Boulevard, Black Men's Wellness Day, get your free health screenings. Yes, we're targeting black men, but this is for everybody because we are encouraging you to know your numbers. Because when you know better, you can do better, and therefore you can be better. Okay, So I look forward to seeing you on Saturday, and most importantly, I will be back talking with you on Thursday. All right, y'all. You know I always say I'm in the business of making dreams come true, and I damn sure make gonna forget about mine. So until next time, always remember you are your greatest asset.
Speaker 3: Get your night Inndy right here with me, and get excited about your life.