Speaker 1: Al Zone Mediah.
Speaker 2: I started the episode Garrison.
Speaker 3: Really really what an energetic entry into I'm tired, Tell me things that make me sad. Oh, I don't worry, I will like that is my favorite thing to do. Let's let's yeah, let's talk about things that are actually sad for the first first half of this episode. You know, the past few years, it's kind of been increasingly profitable to be friendly to the gaze, which is kind of a new trend. You know, if if you look at the past twenty years or so, it's becoming more more profitable, which we if you're if you're like a queer accelerationist anarchist, maybe maybe that's a bad thing, right, But if you're just trying to like not get killed in the interim as the climate collapses, it's you know, maybe maybe a good thing that that generally queer acceptance has been improving. But as it's been improven, there's also been a pretty sizable backlash from some members of the Christian right who don't really like this or are trying to use this backlash as a way to promote their own economic interests. And I don't think this needs to be an either or I think this can definitely be a both scenario. Speaking of Matthew Walsh, the Catholic, self described fascist, this is going to be kind of the topic of the first half of this because he has been able to the work he's done, has been able to really propel the Daily Wire as an actual political entity in a way that Shapiro just never really has. Shapiro was really good at creating eye catching YouTube videos, clickbait and stuff, but we never really saw him campaigning hard for any political cause. He was never really doing that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: They come at a different eras in different communities. For one thing, Ben Shapiro is Jewish and came of age and came into prominence in the early two thousands when conservatives had political power but basically zero like social power as they saw it, right, and so he was always positioned as like I am sort of the I'm the insurgent conservative, like I'm Rush Limbaugh. You know, I'm going to provide a safe place for you, even though you control the government to a large extent, where I can yell at and make fun of the people that you think are bad, right, And that's that's the only thing he ever really sought to do is like lol, liberals dumb. Walsh comes out of the Christian kind of dominionist adjacent movement at the very least, and their goal has always been capture the seven pillars of culture, right, and so he from the beginning has thought of this more as I am waging a Christian war against secular society and doing so like kind of methodically. So they just kind of have approached what they're doing fundamentally from a different way and came into it at different times.
Speaker 3: Walsh's definitely the most evangelical Catholic I've ever seen, and which is weird because like back when he was a popular Christian blogger, his stuff was very popular in evangelical circles, even though evangelicals generally are not very friendly to Catholics, but his stuff was widely shared because he was quite provocative. Now, he spent a few years just kind of laying low running a podcast at The Daily Wire, and then What Is a Woman really really propelled him into the spotlight and he got a glimpse of fame and popularity that he's been endlessly trying to replicate. And because this fame was based around hating trans people, that is what he's decided to pivot his whole career year to doing that is now his entire focus in life is about how he doesn't like trans people because it was very profitable for him. In twenty twenty two, so as a part of an ongoing right wing harassment campaign against TikTok influencer and chronic theater kid Dylan mulvaney, Matt Walsh started a viral boycott campaign against bud Light for having a brand partnership with a trans person. Now, I'm not going to spend too much time here talking about right wing boycotts. I'm sure we've all watched, you know, like Nike shoe burnings and Gillette razors being flushed down the toilet and people dropping their Cure eggs off rooftops. Generally, boycotts don't tend to work, but this bud Light thing did show some success. And success in this instance specifically refers to Walsh and the Daily Wire cronies receiving a lot of attention and free publicity, so they sought to replicate this strategy while publicly telegraphing their harassm methodology. Here's two tweets from Matt Walsh quote here's what we should do. Pick a victim, gang up on it, and make an example of it. We can't boycott every woke company, or even most of them, but we can pick one it hardly matters which and target it with a ruthless boycott campaign. Claim one scalp, then move on to the next. Our goal is to make Pride toxic for brands. If they decide to shove this garbage in our face, they should know that they'll pay a price. It won't be worth whatever they think they'll gain. First bud Light and now Target. Our campaign is making progress. Let's keep it going so as Walsh said there, Walsh's next target was target the Department Store due to the store's history of prominent Pride displays in the lead up to Pride Month during twenty twenty three, Target was met with online and in person harassment, with a wave of emails and calls to individual stores accusing them of grooming and indoctrinating kids with the presence of Pride themed apparel. People started ransacking stores, destroying Pride displays, threatening violence against employees in person, as well as calling in multiple bomb threats into many many different stores, mirroring the harassment campaign against trans clinics and hospitals the year prior, which was also spearheaded by Matt Walsh. We've seen this tactic game prominence. This bomb threat tactic is now quite common among the right. We saw it be called into There was a lot of bomb threats called into like four hundred synagogues this past winter that was you know, most likely done by some form of neo Nazi. But we've just seen this, this specific bomb threat tactic pick up a lot because it provides a pretty sizable minor or short term disruption to regular, regular services. Now, in response to this wave of harassment, Target Corporate mandated that many stores remove their front of store pride displays in late May, all across the country, but especially in the South. Target released a statement saying they were quote making adjustments to our plans given these volatile circumstances unquote, and these adjustments included relocating or removing pride displays due to quote threats impacting our team members a sense of safety and well being at work.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: Employees were also instructed to specifically remove items quote at the center of the most significant confrontational behavior unquote, like shapewear binders and tuck friendly swimwear and to quote replace them with swimwear to better meet our sales goalsuote. Now, Walsh claimed that the tuck friendly swimwear was being marketed to kids, but it only came in adult sizes. A lot of this sort of harassment campaign isn't really based on anything truthful, but that doesn't really matter. Here's a quote from Walsh again, quote, I think this Target boycott has real staying power. Target has now branded itself as a far left organization to the point where it's embarrassing to shop there. This is the branding that makes the boycott stick. It happened about Light, I think it's happening to Target. This is what conservatives have missed in the past with failed boycott attempts. It's not enough to simply tell people not to shop somewhere or buy something. You have to make it so that they don't want to. So. After a around five percent sales drop in the second quarter, and again it's hard to actually figure out what that can be attributed.
Speaker 2: To, beer sales also hit like their lowest level in recent history. Yes, you're just kind of.
Speaker 3: Again, it's hard to see if these things are actually working, but that doesn't matter because the right can claim them as a success. Yeah yeah, and Target released an update saying, quote, the reaction is a signal for us to pause, adapt and learn so that our future approach to these moments balances celebration, inclusivity, and broad based appeal unquote. And Walsh claimed this announcement as a quote qu massive victory. Now, I hope, you know, I hope many of us aren't, you know, shopping for Pride products at a store like Target. But for a lot of kids and even adults in more conservative areas of the country, Target was really the only place to get gender firming clothing like binders and trans friendly swimsuits in person. These things can be tricky to buy online. Sometimes you don't want to package showing up to your door if you can't be the one to like open it. So Target really was the only place for a lot of people to have access to this kind of stuff. Now, last year, Michael Knowles tried to kind of replicate the Matt Walsh strategy because it proved to be very, very successful, So they had Walls going out on doing very similar kind of anti trans speeches. He spoke at a lot of the big conservative conferences talking about how we need to eliminate transgenderism. He jumped on this, this boycott stuff and addressed his viewers saying, quote, we need to make the Pride symbol toxic for brands. We need to make companies think twice as we're making these symbols culturally toxic. We've got to come in with more political force to ban this stuff. Don't back down. The progress conservatives have made on this just between twenty twenty one and twenty twenty three. The fact that companies are trying to back off shows that we are winning. Keep pushing much much harder. Unquote, and at the very least, local governments were responding to this sort of thing. In another instance of the government being in cahoots with the Daily Wire, on July fifth, twenty twenty three, the Attorney's General of Indiana, Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, and South Carolina sent a joint letter adjusted to Target's CEO, ostensibly threatening legal action against Target for carrying LGBTQ merchandise. I'm going to read some quotes from this letter because it's a really interesting thing that I've never really seen done before in terms of like five or six of these states, all all coming together to act, actually affect the market quote. Target's pride campaign not only raises concerns under our states child protection and parental rights laws, but also against our states economic interests. As Target shareholders, Target's management has a finicciary duty to our States as shareholders in the company. The evidence suggests that Target's directors and officers may be negligent in undertaking the pride campaign, which negatively affected Target's stock price. Moreover, it may have improperly directed company resources for collateral, political, or social goals unrelated to the companies and its shareholders best's interests. It is likely more profitable to sell the type of pride that enshrines the love of the United States. Target's pride campaign alienates, whereas pride in our country unites. Target's management has no duty to fulfill stores with objectionable goods, let alone endorse or feature them in attention grabbing displays at the behest of radical activists. However, Target's management does have a fiduciary duty to its shareholders to act in the company's best interests. Targets board and management may not lawfully dilute their fiduciary duties to satisfy the boards or the left wing activists desire to foist contentious political or social agendas upon families and children at the expense of the company's hard won goodwill and against its best interests unquote. And it's just generally not a great sign when the government is trying to convince a business that it's in their legal and financial interests to throw the gaze to the wolves.
Speaker 2: Now, it's also, yeah, that's not how fiduciary duty works. Like, no, it's not a legal principle. It's more of a philosophical principle among capitalists that is dominant. But like, you actually are not breaking the law by doing something that's not in fiduciary interest of your shareholders. That's, among other things, basically impossible to pre anyway. Whatever. This is all like it, but it's a question of like what you can get away with, right. This is what fascists always do. And it's from a strategic standpoint. If you're looking at the culture war as a kind of mutual insurgency, it's a strategy of denying terrain to the enemy, in this case, access to a place that is available in basically every state where trans people can purchase stuff like binders and get to try them all Like it's making life. It's reducing maneuvering space for the enemy, as they see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this campaign worked specifically because of the Christian rights willingness to use physical violence, property destruction, and threats against workers to achieve their goals. That is why Target caved because enough of their employees were feeling threatened, enough of their displays were being destroyed and ransacked. No one was held accountable because they're not going to arrest these people for the stuff. And that's what causes to really have any level of success. Now, during Pride Month back in twenty twenty three, Starbucks union members began coming forward saying that Starbucks and store managers weren't letting employees put up their usual Pride decorations, telling workers that it was a safety concern, citing recent incidents at Target and the Manufactured Above Light controversy. Now, Starbucks Corporate claimed that they made no policy changes regarding Pride decorations, but that quote retail leaders continued to work with store teams to find ways to celebrate their communities, keeping in mind our safety standards unquote, So I think this was more up to kind of like local ownership and local management. The union publicized confirm instances of managers not letting workers wear pride pins or put up flags, and then in early June, a regional director ordered a collection of one hundred stores across Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri to throw out pride decorations from previous years and were barred from putting up any Pride related decor inside stores. The Union claims that there was workers in a total of twenty one states that were not allowed to put up pride decorations. And I think for the Daily Wire hosts that are pushing this sort of stuff, and especially Michael Knowles, especially Matt Walsh, their motive is deeply theological for this, But for the Daily Wire this is deeply economical because all of this also serves as free advertising for the Daily Wire, and it builds the personal brand of their hosts, which is the very thing that Jeremy Boring was trying to get started with Ben Shapiro back during Truth Revolt. This was his whole idea was building up the personal brand of these of these of these right wing media figures, and all of this anti queer stuff provides really really great marketing to propel these one time very niche figures into actual like national spotlight. Do you know what else deserves to be put into the spotlight, Robert.
Speaker 2: Now, that's a crime. All of my ideas are to suggest crimes. So let's just move on.
Speaker 3: Let's just let's you know, I think ads what deserves Huh.
Speaker 2: There we go the spotlight.
Speaker 3: Great, all right, we are back. It's once again time to talk about the Daily Wire Plus and their hit new streaming service. So when Jeremy Boring announced the Daily Wire Plus back in twenty twenty two, the early marketing was made in response to the Disney Company having very very very very slight pushback on Florida's Don't Say Gay Bill. Now, a big part of the Daily Wire Plus announcement was about how Disney has been woke afying children's TV shows, and so the Daily Wire decided to position itself as a safe alternative media hub for conservative families. I'm going to play a short clip from the announcement.
Speaker 2: There is unbelievable kids content in the mark.
Speaker 4: The beauty of kids content is that unlike adult content there's always new kids and they go back and watch it. So there's an unbelievable library of content. Most of it's at Disney, let's be honest. But it's not that the content isn't great, it's that you can't trust the platform. You can't put your kids in front of a classic piece of Disney content because you don't know that the very next thing that plays won't be that not so secret gay agenda that teaches your daughter that she's a boy. That's why we have to have Daily wire Plus. So that is that is what they're framing the Daily wire Plus. Ass That's that's why the Daily wire Plus is important. Also, I love how he said that kid's content is so profitable because there keeps being kids, unlike adult content, which doesn't make any sense because kids.
Speaker 2: We stopped aging. But like a plague hit, it doesn't make any sense at all. Yeah, that's like a reverse Children of Men sort of feel. Anyway, God, what a mess that would be. Man, that's not a bad idea for a movie. Just people keep making more babies but they never grow up. So just like a dwindling number of adults and infinite babies. That's not bad, not a bad idea.
Speaker 3: This is why I like watching Jeremy Boring because there's so many moments like this, because he's so not charismatic, but his complete void just makes I just can't stop staring into the void.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already just listening to thirty seconds of him. I've had an idea for a multimillion dollar adaptation, gritty adaptation of the Rugrats. I think we could, really, we can make a lot of money with this.
Speaker 3: So a press release put out by The Daily Wire itself went into more detail about the company's child content initiative. Now I'm gonna read this, this is a direct quote.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: On Wednesday evening, the Daily Wires co CEO and god King Jeremy Boring, announced that the Daily Wire Company town hall that the company will invest a minimum of one hundred million dollars over the next three years into a line of live action and animated children's entertainment on its streaming platform unquote, and that that term god King is constantly how Jeremy refers to himself, which I guess is supposed to be a joke, but the fact that he does it at all is is is the actual joke. That the fact that he just calls himself the God King. Is what a what a perfect look into the soul of just a completely dead man. Yeah, he the God King of the Daily Wire. That's that's been like rewritten in like deadline variety, like actual publications have been forced to write the God King. Jeremy boring anyway. So to start this child content initiative, Jeremy brought some writers from Netflix's Veggietails and The Babylon Bee to head up their kid's content. I have a picture in my script here that Robert can see of Eric Brand's gum, which is a great name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is an amazing name.
Speaker 3: Who is the co creator of the first Daily Wire kids show, Chipchilla and Robert, do you want to describe what's in this picture of Eric?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there is a heavy set man wearing a T shirt that is to be frank a little tighter than is comfortable. He's got a red beard, he has sunglasses on. It looks like right up above his hairline. A massive Confederate flag lines the wall behind him, and he appears to be casually pointing a handgun at his penis, at his dick. Yes, yes, can't tell if his fingers through the trigger guard. But I hope so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that is the co creator of Chipchilla, which we will we won't get to in a sec Now, I don't know this.
Speaker 2: Also, there are four to six moist spots on his shirt and it does not it doesn't. It's not a flattering look. I'm not body shaming the man. I'm just saying there are four to six moist spots on his shirt and I wouldn't want to be filmed with that many moist spots on my shirt while pointing a gun at my dick in front of a Confederate flag.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know if this is either despite or because of The Daily Wire's constant attacks on how Disney has a gay agenda. But The Daily Wire did manage to acquire some talent from Disney. In August of twenty twenty two, they recruited the showrunner of the Emmy winning animated series Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure, Chris Sonnenberg, to be the Senior VP of Animation Development and Production at The Daily Wire. Now, they most likely got this guy vi Jeremy Boring's and Sonenberg's mutual friend, Zachary Levi, who again was in was in Boring's first movie, and zachar Levit also starred as Flynn Ryder Entangled and This and This Tangled animated series for the Disney Channel. So I'm guessing this is how this connection was made. But yeah, so this this guy who was actually like a very successful, like mainstream showrunner for animated animated shows, some somehow decided to agree to get hired by The Daily Wire and this is this is now his jobs overseeing the animated production for chip Chilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is the Bluey knock off. I mean, yes, I get it, among other things. There's been a lot of layoffs and animation. I have no doubt that a number of people who don't align ideologically but are desperate for a job and just more morally flexible than others are going to wind up working for this project.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So this past October, the Daily Wires multi year initiative to create a slate of children's programing finally had something to show. In another livestream announcement, Jeremy Boring ranted about how Disney is using their parent trusted brand to quote indoctrinate children into the LGBTQIA cult unquote Now. While he praised Walt Disney as an American entrepreneur, Jerry Boring derided the current state of the Disney Company as quote pushing all of the worst excesses of the woke left, including paying for employees abortions, promoting anti racism training end quote, going to war on behalf of the left wing social policy in Florida unquote. Boring framed Disney's quite tame political stances as a huge cultural loss for conservatives. And here's a part of that announcement.
Speaker 5: It would be impossible to overstate just how big a loss this is for Americans who believe in basic reality. Disney controls the greatest content library ever created. Their cultural reach, particular with children, is beyond anything that's ever existed. Recognizing the scope of this loss, the Daily Wire announced that we would spend one hundred million dollars over three years to begin our own kids entertainment company. And today, on the one hundredth anniversary of the day Walt Disney founded his company, I'm proud to announce the launch of ours, introducing bent Key, an entirely new company for The Daily Wire, a company dedicated to creating the next generation of timeless stories to transport kids into a world of adventure, imagination and joy.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so Bent bent Key, Robert, how do how do you feel about one? The name, the name bent Key, and the and the the bent Key logo.
Speaker 2: The bent Key logo looks like a flaccid penis.
Speaker 3: He does kind of look like a flacid penis.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's not an appealing name. You know. One thing you've got to say for Walt Disney, and I guess it's impossible to say, Like my head says, there's something just kind of inherently attractive about the last name Disney. Yeah, like made it always a good brand. But maybe if like if he'd been named Blufpo, would it have worked, Would Bluffo Entertainment be be the cultural powerhouse that it became. I can't even we can't answer Disney's such a thing. You can't answer it even.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they could have gone with boring entertainment, but I guess they, Yeah, that was not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Bluffo's a better one than boring.
Speaker 3: But yeah, bent Keys. That's the word bent and the word key, and yeah, the logo is this lowercase B with a little droopy arm connecting to the letter K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which doesn't really look like a key, but does look a little bit like an abstracted penis. You've got the B part kind of forming the head. You've got the ties of the key are two balls. I would have given it three times if I was making the key, just so it didn't look like balls.
Speaker 3: Ah. Well, do you know what else? Is a really important announcement that we have for our audience now, it's these products and services that support this podcast. To pay close attention. This is crucial information about the fight for America and to secure our values. Okay, all right, we are back back to talk about bent Key Entertainment, the new hit streaming service that your kids can enjoy. So the Daily Wire Kids content used to be under the banner of just Daily Wire Kids or DW Kids, right, and the choice to rebrand, even with a name as silly as bent Key, I think is actually one of their smarter moves here. They recognize that The Daily Wire is a very politically charged and possibly limiting title if they want to create a growing children's media company. Now, ever, since what is a Woman and up to their most recent releases like Lady ballers. The name the Daily Wire has actually been hidden or not included in like legal contracts and forms when people are signing up to these projects. So I think bent Key allows them to cast the widest net possible to not only, you know, get people to buy their service, but also to get people to collaborate with them on media. And it also like it also works to attract parents that might not even be aware of what the Daily Wire is. It's just this new kids streaming service company. And also bent Key Ventures also happens to be the name of the Daily Wire's parent company, so that's probably why they picked it. I still don't know what bent Key means, but it's also the name of the parent company for the Daily Wire, which is probably the name they're going to use for a lot of like their contracts, and they're trying to like get like actors and like producers to sign into their stuff. Because whenever someone sees the Daily wiren't on something, if they're if they're smart at all, they'll be like absolutely not. But if the word bent Key is on there instead, maybe that won't raise as many red flags. So the new child focused app is available for only ninety nine dollars a year, hell hell of a steal. Wow And at launch included one hundred and fifty episodes across eighteen different shows, four of which were produced in house, with new episodes airing every Saturday morning. Their flagship show, Chipchilla is about a family of homeschooled chinchillas. Now, some have pointed out that this appears to be a blatant conservative ripoff of the very popular kids show Bluey. Yes, and I have I have a picture comparing Blue and Chipchill, Like.
Speaker 2: You're the same fucking animation style.
Speaker 3: Yeah except except. I think this also shows that if you've seen any of the Bluey art, you can compare it to the Chip Chilla art. They do look similar in like color palette, but there is a massive difference in like the appealing design of Blue which actually looks pretty good versus the the design of the Chip Chilla characters just looks slightly off it. It looks kind of like they're all on like half a tab of acid versus yeah versus Bluey looks like has like pretty good character design like it has it has a lot of it has a lot of range for like expressions versus everyone in Chip chill. It just all has the same like wide eyed look.
Speaker 2: Pretty widely considered to be like one of the better children's animated shows. That's that's just existed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so somehow, the somehow the Blue Dog Show must have been too woke, so instead in the Daily Wires version, the kids are all homeschooled and operate as like a stereotypical nuclear family.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So this was This was the first show they announced, but they have others. Their other original content includes a show where a middle aged woman talks to a dog puppet god.
Speaker 2: So yeah, lamb chop okay.
Speaker 3: And two other original live action shows star child actors that teach fitness and history to kids. And all of between all of the Daily Wire original content I've watched. The thing I feel most uncomfortable about is the amount of child actors who've been forced into doing this, who don't know anything about the Daily Wire or politics. They're just these poor kids who've now been forced to participate in this like evil machine. Now, I'm gonna play a one minute, one minute trailer for Robert. I'm not gonna play it for the audience here, because you don't need to just hear this ad but you will hear our reactions afterwards. So here's for Robert. Here is the trailer for bent Key. Oh god, how'd you feel about the bent Key trailer? Robert?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, we'll see if it takes off. I'm sure it could be a profitable business, right yeah, yeah yeah. In terms of capturing the wider cultural market, I don't see it being a Disney level success or even like a Nickelodeon level success. I'm looking at it right now on Twitter. It's got four hundred and ninety likes and six hundred something thousand views. So again, I can see them getting enough downloads to make this maybe worthwhile enough. If they're spending thirty million or more a year on production, that is going to be kind of hard, especially given like bandwidth costs and shit to I don't know, we'll say, yeah, I'm surprised if it's able to be a functional business. I don't think. I don't see anything on there that makes me think, oh this is kids are going to fall in love with this shit. Most of these most great like children's networks and children's like entertainment companies were driven by iconic successes that like absolutely took over and were like dominant culturally. You think about like in the early nineties, shit like Aladdin, right, and like or The Lion King, how fucking everywhere and how a generation before you had, you know, the earlier generation of Disney animated movies. You think about stuff like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or like the Uh. That kind of stuff was was not just it was dominant among kids, but it also like adults continue to watch it for generations. And I've never run into anybody outside of weird right wings outside it's not even weird right wing circles. I've never run out into anybody who has not work for The Daily Wire talking about these shows.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think there's a few things about that. I think one, they don't need kids to like it. They only need parents to pay the annual fee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for it to make sense, it's a business for it to for it to do culturally what they want, rather more is required.
Speaker 3: At least a few years ago, they were pulling in over one hundred million dollars in revenue per year. And one thing that Daily Wire has shown is that they are kind of playing the long game with this sort of stuff. They're not looking for short term profit. They're looking to slowly build dominance in this industry, mostly to just fulfill Jeremy and Ben's dreams of working in Hollywood. Like that's all this is is that they're trying to fill their childhood dreams of making movies. So all of this is just being put towards making industry connections to be able to actually just make TV and films like that. That's all this is actually four so which leads us to the most ambitious upcoming bent Key production, a live action fairy tale adaption written by Jeremy Boring in response to Disney's own upcoming remake of their classic film snow White.
Speaker 5: The company Disney found it doesn't agree with their founder and visionary they're remaking their own iconic film nearly one hundred years later. They've decided to make some key changes. Their lead actress the new snow White, Rachel Ziegler, has summed it up saying, quote, I just mean it's no longer nineteen thirty seven. We absolutely wrote a snow White that she's not going to be saved by the Prince, and she's not going to be dreaming about true love. She's dreaming about becoming the leader she knows she can be, and the leader that her late father told her she could be if she was fearless, fair, brave, and true. While Disney still uses Walt's name, they've all been abandoned his legacy. Instead of telling stories about timeless truth, what the ancient fairy tales were all about, Disney's New snow White is an apology for their past and will expose children to the popular but destructive lies of the current moment, which is why, in addition to announcing the launch of our Kids Entertainment Company, I also want to announce today that company's first live action feature film. It's a story about a princess and a prince, about beauty and vanity, about love and its power to raise us from death to life. It's our nation of an ancient fairy tale. It's coming in twenty twenty four, and it's called So.
Speaker 3: Before I play the rest of the trailer for Robert, there is a few funny things about this clip that I just played for the audience as well. Mostly when he's describing like the New Disney snow White, it's like a very like sensible message that the lead actor was talking about He's like, this is horrible. Imagine.
Speaker 2: I also don't even think it's a great message. Like it's a very conservative message that like this woman is born to lead and it is about her finding her place in the bread, in hierarchy of her of her state. Like that's a pretty conservative message. They just hate it because a Walm set it.
Speaker 3: Yes, but now will I will play you the very brief like thirty second trailer based on like this one, this one thing they've shot.
Speaker 2: One subera Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: So bad, a tale of typeless truth.
Speaker 2: Prince would come. Wow, little on the nose. Oh my god. She's even got a basket of red apples, the kind of apples that don't exist anywhere but a gene engineered farm.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh and it's clearly snow white. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yes, ah fuck, So I actually I actually do want to play that for the audience because it's just so nunny.
Speaker 2: You keep that in there. That's that's good because like the song they've got in there is like completely without wonder. She's like once upon a time a principal come or some shit. She's like in the woods picking apples that are like a color of red that you don't even see in the like not a natural red at all, just just profoundly off putting in weird. So a hundred in seventy seventeen thousand views. So I don't know, we'll see if this beats the original snow White or whatever snow White real actors and writers are making.
Speaker 3: So this is This is snow White and the Evil Queen. And I'm not sure if you pick this up. This is this is starring failed actor and the Daily Wire's own gen Z female clone of Ben Shapiro, Brett Cooper as snow White. It's that other Daily Wire host that looks like a weird female version of Ben Shapiro is starring as Snowing. And it all just looks like really bad cosplay. Like the it is, it was quite something. So that is That is their first bent Key upcoming original movie. So I'm sure everyone's gonna be excited for that one. And like it seems the entire bent Key strategy is to either be so banal that it it appeals to like unassuming parents who don't know what The Daily Wire is, or to create these like fake culture war outrage moments to scare parents into thinking that woke corporations are trying to turn their kids gay or or trying to turn their kids into like feminists, and the only way to stop that is to give the Daily Wire one hundred dollars a year to watch failed screenwriters and actors poorly imitate better pieces of film and TV.
Speaker 2: I think the trouble they're going to have here is that there's a I think a discrepancy between what would do the best job of achieving what they claim as their social mission right, which is incepting conservative ideas into mass culture by taking over pop entertainment, and they're what is clearly their more important goal, which is making a lot of money. Because the best way to make a lot of money, and I think they there's a good chance they can succeed building a content network for their weirdo fans that cost one hundred dollars a year, but they want to reach the most people. The best thing to do would be to get to a point where they can sell their videos streaming to Netflix and the like, But that doesn't keep people in their walled garden, and also probably is less profitable over time than having a monopoly on this shit. And so I don't know what they're going to choose to do. That'll be interesting to watch, but yeah, I mean it's the kind of thing as a business this could work for sure. We'll see about the other stuff.
Speaker 3: And again, so this is only half of their efforts, because on top of the one hundred million dollars put towards children's program thing which has resulted in bent Key, the Daily Wire Plus was also putting an additional one hundred million dollars into more adult oriented entertainment. Now, most of the Daily Wires production effort has been going into adapting the Christian Arthurian novels The Pendragon Cycle into a live action seven episode mini series directed by Jeremy Boring. The upcoming fantasy series just wrapped filming in Europe this past fall. The cast is mostly made up of like Sealist actors.
Speaker 2: Never never, I don't know where they made this scarrison, but never has a production seemed more Croatia than this.
Speaker 3: It's filled in Hungary and Italy.
Speaker 2: So oh my god, I was close. I was close.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go?
Speaker 2: Ah, Okay.
Speaker 3: The cast is made up of mostly like sealst actors, some Daily Wire staff and actors from small rules in like Game of Thrones and The Witcher. So this is coming out later this year. It's based on this series of novels that came out in the in the two thousands. It's it's it's like an Arthurian story, but set slightly before the rise of like England. It's it's during like the fall of like British Rome. I think is what they call it now.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm sorry. We all got to see a great Arthurian cycle movie recently, and something tells me this one's gonna have a lot less of a guy coming into a scarf.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's You don't think this will be as good as The Green Knight.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're gonna get a real fucking clear shot of one guy's come in a scarf. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: I trust director Jeremy Boring's vision to.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: But the project I am the most excited about is that The Daily Wire has acquired exclusive rights to adapt Inin Rand's Atlas Shrugged into a television series. Oh wish good, Oh my god, that's like, that's like being an opponent of the Nazis in nineteen forty one and hearing that they've just invaded the Soviet Union.
Speaker 2: Like, oh thank god, Okay, okay, we're on the down swing of this one.
Speaker 3: Boys, I am. I am so excited to see the libertarian wet dream that's gonna be this Atlas Shrugged TV show. There is no one else I would rather adapt to Atlas Shrugged than the Daily Wire pose.
Speaker 2: Shrug is like famously like the least filmable thing of all time, like it's it's.
Speaker 3: The gout Heads actually could be like a fine movie, but Atlas, I don't. I'm I'm excited to.
Speaker 2: Think you can make Atlas Shrugged to do. I hope, I hope they do shot for shot that one like seventy page speech that what's his name goes on? Oh yeah, that's that's what I really want.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I am actually excited to excited to not like hate watch, but like curiously staring into the void watch their Atlas there at Las Shrug show. But the one Daily wireplus series that I am not very much excited about is an upcoming adult animated descripted series created by Adam krolla entitled Mister Burchum.
Speaker 2: God in Heaven. Yeah I saw ads for this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this show's description sounds like the most old man yells at cloud premise I've ever heard quote. Mister Bircham attempts to navigate a world he doesn't understand or approve of. He's befuddled by his gaming streamer's son Eddie, annoyed at his selfie taking snowflake students, and is constantly at war with the school district's appointed Jedi Justice, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion officer, mister CARPONSEI unquot So that's that's the description of the show, which I don't know about you. That sounds like a horrible time. The cast includes Corolla as mister Burcham, Megan Kelly, Roseanne Barr, conservative comedian Tyler Fisher, Daily Wire hosts Brett Cooper and Canas Owens, comedian Alonso Broden, a former Amy Schumer, writer Kyle Dunningen, and unfortunately Danny Treyjoe and Patrick Warburton.
Speaker 2: That that last one hurts, that last one, I know.
Speaker 3: That's I know it, sat Let's I I am going to play this for the audience because, oh my.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm not surprised that being in Venture Brothers didn't pay enough for him to avoid this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and apparently Warburton is a conservative. I am interested to see what some of these people were told before they agreed to this, because I know the dad player's name has been hidden in a lot of contracts.
Speaker 2: Well, and Adam Caroling is a real comedian, Like I didn't say good, but like he is somebody who established a career in Hollywood. Yeah, I get it. So yeah, and it looks like fucking Brickleberry and all those other like dog shit, sheep shit cartoons. Yeah, it looks bad.
Speaker 3: Let's let's let's have fun listening to this though.
Speaker 2: Jumping in the first one rolling speed.
Speaker 1: Action Sawbucks looking a little chubby.
Speaker 3: Woman, amazing voice acting by making Kelly.
Speaker 2: Dogs are supposed to eat meat. They're just sentence of wolves. Do you ever see a vegan wolf on the Nature Channel?
Speaker 3: I'm a vegan, very very funny closers, Ladies, listen up, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Don't do anything stupid.
Speaker 3: Ear then last year, I'm a heteronormative cisgender white male.
Speaker 5: For which I apologize.
Speaker 3: I'm black when that used to be enough, But I'm also bilingual and a'm non binary.
Speaker 2: Where the Army we drink all before nine am.
Speaker 1: The navy pikes do all day.
Speaker 4: He rubbed all the fur off his emotional support fair.
Speaker 3: The damn thing looked.
Speaker 2: Like a four legged Roseanne bar Oh God.
Speaker 3: Charity and work two words that should never go together, like women and opinions. They're salting and make me dizzy. It just did the find a thing to fix my gaming chair.
Speaker 1: When I was on the construction site, my chair was a five gallon bucket.
Speaker 3: Was also my toilet.
Speaker 2: See, it's what's amazing about that? All of that Megan Kelly and like terrible voices to them. Adam Carolla sounds like a parody of himself. He's going too hard into gruff. It just it's maybe maybe if I see the show, it'll be better because it may just have picked some lines where he was doing that, but there's not much character to his voice. What I will say is I hate that he's in this, But Patrick Burton still a pro every man. That man can do a line read. That man knows how to do a fucking line read.
Speaker 3: No, it's weird how many of these are like actual comedians who have been who are being forced to read like non binary and they're like they don't know what non binary means they're just being forced to read a script written by Ben Shapiro, and they're like, one of these words, it doesn't matter, just keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get your paycheck. I don't know, it's it's it's a bummer.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: I it's weird because, like Adam Carola, I've never felt anything positive towards or particularly negative towards until recently. I guess now I'm on the negative side. Even with this, I still feel overall good about Patrick Warburt, and he's just given me too much. It'll take a lot.
Speaker 3: So this this, that is most of what I wanted to talk about, because the only other Daily Wire project I have anything to say about is the movie that came out a few months ago, Lady Ballers, and I I could not, I could not fit my Lady Baller's thoughts into this episode because that is that is gonna be its own, its own special event.
Speaker 2: That's that's gonna be your Fittigan's Wake.
Speaker 3: Yes, So a few weeks ago I watched it for the first time. I took a lot of notes. I'm gonna watch it again here and we are gonna go deep into the production of this movie. This thing was shot this This just just as a peak of of of of of the writing quality you're you're about to hear about. The whole strip is written in two weeks. It was, it was shot in like a month. It's it's it stars the only Daily Wire hosts. Every single actor they approached for this turned it down because they're like, absolutely not, no, fuck this shit. And it is a It is a a insightful, insightful look into the soul of Jeremy Boring. He wrote, directed, produced, and starred in this thing. It was shot right in Nashville, Tennessee. So that is gonna be after the weekend. This is We're gonna have a special episode of me diving into what makes Lady Baller's tick and is it any funny? The answer is not really, but we will we will go into the production of this movie, the way this movie tries to work, and what we can learn about how the Daily Wire is going to try to be producing these sorts of comedy films and try to insert itself into into the entertainment industry. So that will be that that will be the start of next week. Are special on Lady Baller's Any any any closing thoughts on on on bent Key or or the Daily Wire plus as as as as the Daily Wire enters the streaming market.
Speaker 2: Robert Patrick, you don't have to do this, like, just just let us know you need help. We can take care of you, you know, Patrick, we love you.
Speaker 3: If you need help with the mortgage, we can we can crowd fund.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can make this work, buddy, we can make this work.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Well, that does it for us today. I hope you're reading something about Jeremy Boring the most forgettable band with the most accurate name.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, guys, bye.
Speaker 1: It could Happen here as a production of cool Zone Media.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from.
Speaker 1: Cool Zone Media, visit our website cool zonemedia dot com or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for It could Happen here. We are updated monthly at coolzonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listening.