Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live every day at YouTube dot com slash the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Yo. Feeling it on a Friday? Man?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling it that it is Friday? I don't know if I'm feeling it yet. And by the way, don't talk to me. I had my first sip of coffee. Okay, Oh you know that's my pet, Peeve. I know, I know people say that at the office. Oh man, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those don't talk to me until I have.
Speaker 6: My coffee is like it's like slapping Britney Spears security guard worthy.
Speaker 3: Oh kidding.
Speaker 4: And COO's dog is his child?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, you don't. That's another pet Peeve. Pun intended that we'll get to Coveno enrich In for the great Dan Patrick Ola is here. We got Monci spot on the videos most inclusive show on radio from FY You guys are sleep is it too early? I don't know. But everything at Covino and Rich brought to you by Mercedes Benz. The vehicles are all electric and the feeling is all Mercedes m Learn more at nbusa dot com slash e q s.
Speaker 6: Yeah, buddy, well, hey, you heard the deep pipes of Danny g Now after the show today, Danny the show heads out Covin on Rich to Las Vegas. And don't you guys all get the sense that we're out even though we're going there for NBA Con, It's almost like we're going there to get to scoop on Brittany and wem Ben Yama and the Heat and Portland are sitting down to talk about Dame. I feel like we're going to the epicenter of NBA drama in about five hours.
Speaker 5: Definitely part of the reason. I mean, I'm thinking about expensing Dinners. That's what I'm thinking about. But you're absolutely right, that's where the dramas at. We're at the epicenter of it all, and you know what, Rich, I'm threading about it right now.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, no, I joined yesterday. I've threaded twice. I've threaded view suburb style, a lot of anxiety and build up for your first thread. It stinks so far, and not.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows what the heck we're talking about. We assume everybody does, but.
Speaker 3: Fifty million people do. Can you know?
Speaker 5: I guess I know. It's it's doing pretty well, but it's.
Speaker 3: The look at it. Look at it this way?
Speaker 5: More people your answer to Twitter.
Speaker 6: More people sign up for thread yesterday than watch the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So to say, I don't know if anyone knows.
Speaker 5: I mean, like easy. That's why they made it easy to do if you already had Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true. It's like, hey, do you want to use all your info?
Speaker 6: You're like yes, next, exactly right? Do you want to import your profile? Picture perfect? I don't have to think about picking a picture.
Speaker 3: Next profile next.
Speaker 6: So hey, Threads to beat that easy?
Speaker 7: You want to delete it, you have to delete your entire ig account. Oh wait a second, yeah, if you want to delete delete your threads account that you just made, you have to delete your entire IG account.
Speaker 4: Says that's what I read yesterday?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 5: Even New York Times some guy was complaining in an article. Wow, so that's the big side story. He has the big cats?
Speaker 6: Who you know, I know, we're going to talk about web Yam and Brittany and Vegas and Dame and you know, missing dogs and a lot of random crap today, but two things just came.
Speaker 5: Sorry, did you not see the huge power couple in the news. We're gonna have to discuss that too. How do you sports? Sports power couples? Holy crap? Could could Tom Brady have found love? Is Josh Allen in love? Your first thread? That was something you said that was interesting. I thought about it for a second. I'm like, oh, should it be clever or witty?
Speaker 6: And here's what I went with, And I'm like, I should have just posted off the regular I wrote threads dot dot dot because we all needed a fifth platform to be hurt.
Speaker 5: Oh good one man, real singer. You're a rich pano stinker. You're so proudker, how proud? That's so proud of that one? He was like, damn. And then you see boom when you when you hit send publish boom.
Speaker 6: And then I posted a thread do you thread? Is it threading? Do you use that as a I sund like h I said, like.
Speaker 3: Who was it? Back in the day? Danny who was talking about the at symbol and the Internet.
Speaker 4: Katie Yeah, Brian Gumbele and Katie kirk so weber dress.
Speaker 3: Is that an at symbol?
Speaker 6: I feel that way talking about thread But you're threading like when you tweet Twitter?
Speaker 3: You tweet? Are you threading? Is that what it is?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, who cares?
Speaker 7: I thought that's what our girls do when they get their eyebrows done.
Speaker 4: Rich does that too? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Or I did in the two thousand standing thought when I looked like a boy band member.
Speaker 5: I can't say I haven't. But it's all the buzz, it's all the rage, it's the new Twitter. Who's gonna win the uh the social media war, I guess is what has come down to. But you don't have to rush there. If you already have Instagram, it's kind of set up for you. You just have to activate it. Because I was wondering, well, do I have to secure my name or not? I know that sounds dumb, but there's another Steve Cavino out there trying to get it or someone trying to just ruin my fun, so let me get on it. But if you're never going to use it, what does it matter? Just to have it? I guess to say I have it, I don't know be part of the club, but I'm not going to use it. But if it does catch on, I got it.
Speaker 6: There's the reality, though, spot of whether are you going to use it or not. We have a unique situation, right because you work in sports media, you're on the radio, you do podcasts. Unfortunately, we have to be on every single one of these.
Speaker 3: Whether you like it or not.
Speaker 6: I feel like resisting would make you feel mad at yourself in about a year from now, when you're like, oh, I should have joined from the beginning exactly.
Speaker 5: Rich cries till this day that he could have been a Vine star if he just would have put more effort into it and wasn't discouraged. So you'll never know.
Speaker 3: You don't know that.
Speaker 6: You don't know this because we've only known you a couple of years. I was making that they called me Dicky Scorsese. I was making hilariously once but listen, I was making was like a joke. I could have been making Logan Paul millions. Uh, you know, but these guys like you and your stupid videos, and I'm like, guys, I'm telling you, it's catch it on.
Speaker 3: This was Vine back in the day they discouraged me.
Speaker 5: He made one video, he made my video, and then we said it was corny and he knew Did it again? Really?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe you would have been exposed and they would have canceled you by now, so you know it's possible. Thank you, so y, Yeah, maybe I've saved you. But threading Threads is all the buzz. It's the new Twitter. So we'll be threading about our Vegas trip and all the details. So follow us at Covino and Rich. Does this give any.
Speaker 6: More hype to the possible Elon Musk Zuckerberg cage match? Because Threads has upset Twitter so much. I think I've read also that there might be lawsuits because Twitter said it's a complete ripoff.
Speaker 9: I just assume this tech billionaire's trash talk. They just like throw apps at each other.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna make an app that tens of billions of people are on.
Speaker 5: We're all gonna do the same. I'm about too. And it's permanent, like you can't get rid of it, You're stuck with it for life. I don't even know why that bothers me, but it does. It's like, why what is that about?
Speaker 3: I mean a therapist would really analyze that, could I guess?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what does that even mean? You can't even delete it? How do you get rid of it? It's like all these you notice that it's so hard to cancel all your subscriptions to anything, right, You're like, wait, I have what? I have Peacock, I got param How do I cancel these? And then you can't. It's so it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Rich, Well, you know what, next time we feel for Dan Patrick, we should go on set because he's on Peacock and I subscribe to that because I think I watched the Joe Montana documentary a year ago, yes, and I'm like, I just don't know how to unsubscribe what to?
Speaker 3: I went to watch something like, hey, babe, do we got Peacock?
Speaker 6: And she goes, I don't know, Well I guess we do. You end up having ten five to ten dollars subscriptions and we're back to where we were with our cable bill exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I got it all. I have it all because it's too difficult to cancel. So again, thank you guys for hanging out with us. It's been a fun week. This is day three. Of the Dan Patrick Hatrick. Always a fun time hanging out in for Dan Patrick. Usually you were on two pm on the West, that's five pm Eastern on the East. And we do head to Vegas shortly after the show today for the summer League and for all the juice when Ben Yama is the big story. But we're all rolling in sort of different ways, meaning I'm rolling Han solo style, the Han solos, yeah, solo style, and Rich Davis is bringing his wife, Spot is rolling solo. Danny G's got a pregnant wife, and you know, a lot of our other colleagues a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: Big Mike's meeting this day, are rolling solo, ready to gamble again, all for the NBA Summer League. Gonna bring some extra content.
Speaker 3: There's gambling at a spearmit Rhino exactly. Oh is that where?
Speaker 5: Oh Mike?
Speaker 3: Oh, Big Mike. Okay.
Speaker 5: So it poses the question that Rich and I were discussing off the air, and when you think of Vegas, do you think of Vegas as a solo mission sort of place or you know, does your wife give you a hard time and vice versa if you roll without them? Or is it more of a couple city. Now, I've got a lot of history in Vegas. I've gotten married in Vegas. You know, crazy things go on in Vegas. By the way, I'm not married anymore, so, like you know, crazy things could happen. Do you roll?
Speaker 6: Wait, doesn't it work out? Your your Vegas wedding didn't work out?
Speaker 5: I mean, what are the percentages? I really would like.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna look that. I'm gonna look that up.
Speaker 5: Percent of regular marriages don't work out regardless of where you go. So hey, for all you know, Vegas could be higher than the average person. Vegas is it a couple city or a non couple sit If Elvis marries you, Oh so that's why that was it? And now I'm lonesome tonight. So there you have think about that, think about that question and hit us up eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. I hate to say the cliche expression, so let's get it out of the way because someone is bound to call up like they invented it. You never bring sin to the beach. Thanks man. That's a good one, good one, bud it. You should put that on threads.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there you rich dreaded that last night I got it. You never bring fan to the beach or No, there's gonna be some.
Speaker 6: Other there's gonna be some other as clown that calls up and goes, guys, you know what I have?
Speaker 3: You know I made this up. But what happens when Vegas stays in Vegas?
Speaker 6: It stays, which, by the way, is a twenty year old slogan. By the way, that was the Las Vegas tourism slogan in three. So if you feel like that's been the slogan forever, it's been twenty years, not before that. So the whole like what happens in Vegas has been a twenty year long stupid jo.
Speaker 5: Rich Davis fun fact number thirty four.
Speaker 4: Come on, just all my threads. But STDs don't stay there.
Speaker 5: STDs there, don't stay there, absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Thread that Danny G. I mean, you have to be.
Speaker 5: Honest with yourself. Shenanigans often tend to happen in Vegas. It's just the devil's playground. Get that one out of the way. It really iss. If you have vices like a guy like Rich. Guys, Rich is a guy with a lot of vices. They're all there, they're all there for you. In one place see drinking.
Speaker 7: Oh it was the first time I got to see Rich in Vegas a couple of months ago.
Speaker 4: You know those bug zappers. Yeah, that's Rich with.
Speaker 5: Cable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a digital roulette you know what d energy.
Speaker 5: Later on the show, we do something called weekend Hobnobbing on Friday. It's what to watch this weekend in the world of sports and entertainment, Weekend Hobnobbing. I'm gonna have to add just Rich Davis at the Casino, uh as something that you must watch Rich at the Casino because it's like nothing you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, it's I agree. My my vice is all living, breaking.
Speaker 5: His neck looking at women. He's got a magnet in his ass to the roulette table. You know, he's boozing every three seconds. Like the whole thing is just crazy. Wants to eat every five minutes. Rich at the Casino right right now, it's it's weekend hobnobbed. What to watch this weekend?
Speaker 6: But here's the here's the crazy part. Guys, we decide, is it a place to go for singles?
Speaker 3: Is a place to go on.
Speaker 6: A boys weekend, at a solo trip or with your wife or girlfriend and to be honest, I feel like I've had so many great times in all of those scenarios.
Speaker 3: I really have.
Speaker 6: My wife and I agreed one of our first fun times together when we were first dating, a few months into our relationship, we had a weekend full of like partying and drinking and sex and gambling and fun. Like I feel like one of my first memorable weekends with my wife was in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Well, you know Mike who runs this place, right, who he always shops these nuggets of wisdom on us here were you're whipper snappers, right, He's you know, talking to us as if we're a little kiddies, little kiddos. But he said his theory is that it's one of those destinations to add to the list of great indicators on whether or not the relationship is going to work. Meaning if your significant other could put up with you in your best of times and worst of times, because it all happens in Vegas, then it's a good sign of what's to come in the future. Like we've always said, we called it the hibachi roll. If you take a woman out or if you go out on a first date to hibachi and that person's not having a good time. It's a great indicator, like you know what, this person's a dunt or having.
Speaker 6: Fun with You're not having fun with the onion volcano. You're not having fun with the beating heart of rice or.
Speaker 5: A comedy show. Right, these are great first dates, sort of first impression, sort of destinations, have a Mike said Rich. Though Mike said Vegas is the ultimate because they see you winning money, they see you losing money, You're spending money on dinners, Like how do you roll? That's a great sort of way to figure this.
Speaker 6: And you said, I know Joel had a question, but you said comedy show. I always say, if you go to a comedy show and the girl you're with doesn't laugh at the dirty joke, oh what a dud? Like if there's like a if there's like a dirty joke and she's like, oh, I'm like, all right, well this person is certainly not for me.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure lots of people have questions for Rich Davis. He's the one bringing this is funny.
Speaker 8: This is totally funny because Rich is this wild guy in Vegas. Right, He's this wild guy even with his wife in Vegas. But they don't fired in front of each other.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what that's two wild for me.
Speaker 6: That's two wild for me, Joel. I keep the romance alive. You know these are tests though. Vegas is a test, Joel, because you're you know, when you first start dating, I mean your wife or a husband. You know, your spouse knows you as an adult. But when you first start dating your your girlfriend gets the idea of like what does he gamble?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is he a fifteen dollars a hand guy?
Speaker 6: Or is this guy like out of his mind betting one hundred dollars hands in blackjack? Then she sees how you're looking at hot booty passing in the casino. Then she sees does this guy want to party late night? Or is he like, yo, let's go back to the room like every layer. Does he want to go to a cirk show? Or does he want to go to the club and see DJ Weiss or something?
Speaker 5: How much vice is he? You know? Is he trustworthy? All these things? How do you gluttonize? Do you be?
Speaker 3: Je? You want to hear a funny story.
Speaker 6: So I'm with my wife when we first started dating, and one of our friends said, hey, it's so and so it's like thirtieth birthday, We're going to the strip club. And I remember looking at my wife and I was like, ooh, uncharted territory because we were just starting to date. And I'm like, yeah, we're in. And the whole time, I'm like, I wonder what is her threshold for the strip club? You know, this is a girl I'm dating and now my wife. But we're talking like a decade ago.
Speaker 3: What is her threshold? Oh?
Speaker 5: Meaning like what is she down with in how like will go with you?
Speaker 6: Actually I'm saying, I'm saying, if she sees like Jubbo's in my buddy's face, is she like?
Speaker 3: Is that what you do when I'm out here? Like, you know, you get to gauge her her vibes? Right? And I remember and when.
Speaker 5: Richie is jebbos he's not talking about your breakfast cereal from this morning, just making it very clear it's not part of your nutritious breakfast.
Speaker 4: I like that he kept it.
Speaker 5: He kept it off a hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or your other favorite cereal right right?
Speaker 5: And I remember to confused me with your tasty os.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: My buddy buys me a lap dance and this cute girl starts dancing on me and my wife is like sitting there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bah, the way that's really like, I don't know, you're really pushing the boundaries, dude, you really are, especially if you don't know where they stand. But if you're trying to get those answers, it's the way to go. But I'm just saying a rocky like absolutely, if you're on rocky grounds with your I don't know if this it's it's good advice, right, like if you're already walking on thin ice in your relationship. And then this starts to happen.
Speaker 4: What does she do?
Speaker 5: Rich?
Speaker 4: Did she get up and join you in the lap dance?
Speaker 6: What? So this is where Joel, this is where I'm sort of feeling around him, like is like his wife okay with this. She knows I'm sort of a pervert in a little you know, in these type of scenarios.
Speaker 3: So she seems okay. And then my buddy for some reason.
Speaker 6: Pushes the limits and he tells this other hawk girl go give him a dance. So all of a sudden, there's two girls give me like a double lap dance, and I remember my wife, my girlfriend at the time, She's like okay, really.
Speaker 3: Like like like that was the limit, Like what like, are you pushing this until I'm like uncomfortable?
Speaker 6: So I realized that two girl lap dances is the limit and in case if you were me, if you were and I think that that might be the limit for everyone.
Speaker 3: But I think it's not a bad gauge Coivido.
Speaker 6: It's a little extreme compared to the hibachi or comedy test.
Speaker 3: I think I think Vegas.
Speaker 5: Is this guy responsible or the woman responsible with their money? Do they just want to shop and spend crazy amounts of money in Vegas? You learn a lot about that person.
Speaker 8: So Helly very rich a ten years personally, I think it's time for the test again. Hey Covino, Yeah no, right, see if three girls there's a limit tonight really put.
Speaker 5: Them on the spot this weekend. You're right, I go, we.
Speaker 3: Get it right. We're renewing on vows for real tonight.
Speaker 5: Is Vegas a couple of city or a single city? And believe it or not, it is sports related because we're going there for the Summer League. The NBA Summer League starts, all the NBA superstars are out there, and most of the time when I'm in Vegas, it's to watch a sporting event. So that plays a factor. You know, is your wife for significant other into sports? Are they into the fight, the UFC event, the boxing match, you know, which is part of the reason why I'm there a lot of times anyway, So think about that and we'll get to your phone calls eight seven, seven ninety nine on five chime in at Covino and Rich and as we slide into the weekend where it brought to you by our partners Kings Hawaiian who wants you to get together with friends and family and enjoy the weekend by making every Sunday a slider Sunday.
Speaker 6: You know, we talk to King's Hawaiian more Coveno because my son who's three, all he wants to eat are the little King's Hawaiian roles.
Speaker 3: They are delicious. All right.
Speaker 6: Well, now, Kevino, you've heard CEO Howard Mackler of Innovation Refunds explained how they've held thousands of small businesses with their ERC tax refunds. The ERC is the Employee Retention Credit. Now if you own a business with more than four employees, you could have money waiting to be claimed.
Speaker 5: Innovation Refunds is dedicated to helping business owners navigate the process with their team of independent tax attorneys who are experienced in understanding ways that different kinds of companies can claim tax deductions as a result of the pandemic.
Speaker 6: There are other companies saying they specialize in erc tax refunds, but not every company is the same. Innovation Refunds has hundreds of five star Trust Pilot and Google reviews and.
Speaker 3: Are certified with the Better Business Bureau.
Speaker 6: Trust your business with the experts at Innovation Refunds.
Speaker 5: And here's what you do. Go to Innovation Refunds dot Com to start the process and you can be on your way to receiving money for your business. There's no upfront charge and they don't get paid unless you get paid. So again, Innovation Refunds dot Com.
Speaker 6: Call eight four to three refunds. That's one eight four three refunds to go to Innovation Refunds dot Com. That's Innovation Refunds dot Com.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 5: This is Steve Covino and Rich Davis, and together we are Covino and Rich Cavino and Ridge, Thanks buddy, that's right.
Speaker 6: Covino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio's newest hit show, heard weekdays from five to seven Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Every Coveno in Rich shows available as a podcasts. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe. I'm such a rockin' dude. The show features our unique take on sports, injected with some fun, humor and relatability. Listen to Covino on Rich five days a week on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: And Rich give me a hell yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, Covino and Rich live from the Mercedes Benz studios in for Dan Patrick. The superbly versatile, all Electric EQB from Mercedes Benz, impressively techie like you spot and surprisingly roomy like rich'shead, with available seating for up to seven It's your vehicle, It's all electric, the feeling is all Mercedes. Learn more at nbusa dot com slash EQB Again. I'm Steve Covino, just a kid from Union, New Jersey, and I'm out here in the mean streets of La thanking all the affiliates on behalf of CNR on FSR, thanks for hanging out with us, putting up with us, and all the people who expected to hear Dan Patrick this week and allow us to do the hat trick. Thank you guys. Now we're talking Vegas. There's lots to get to. We can how we got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna talk about the whole wem Ben Yama, Britney Spears Vegas drama while we're out in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Apparently Portland and Miami sitting down.
Speaker 6: To go over details of what it would take to move Dame Lillard to South Beach. So we'll get to all that. I do want to hear Monzi's opinion in a second, if you can. Moncy, I asked my wife, I said, what do you think girls trip, guys trip, couple's trip, Like, what do you think of when you think Vegas? And my wife, by the way, my wife wanted to correct, wanted to correct me. It wasn't the double lap dance that was her limit. Apparently, Joel I started putting my hand on the stripper's waist and really you no, no, and then about no and she goes. My excuse was theybe she was losing her balance, and I'm gonna say that. You know, you don't want a stripper to lose their balance, So I'll stick by that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the way you left that out.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's great advice. I'll give you that. But you know what, you may say, silly question, but it really isn't. And Richardy said this, and he's right. Vegas is a place where you actually do have a lot of fun with the right person. Yeah, that's why it's tough. Like I've had so many great times with my girlfriend, even my ex wife in Las Vegas because of the other side of it, the dinners, the shows, the uh like you said, the clubs. If that's where it ends up and you're having fun with your significant other, that's all good. It's all gravy. It's fun. So it's a tougher question than meets the I. Is it a couple city or a single city? Do you roll on a solo mission or do you bring your significant other? Now, I think rich it's one of those things where everybody has to be on the same page. You know, Hey, if I'm bringing my girl, that's when you bring your girl. If you're rolling solo. That's when you roll solo because we got stories, man, and they're not all they're not all ending in sleeves. But we went there for a fight. Again a lot of times as sports related, we're going there for the NBA Summer Summer League kickoff? Would it be a kickoff? Would it be a kickoff? If it's basketball tip off? And I'll never forget this, Rich, but we were in Vegas for a fight. It was McGregor Mayweather or McGregor or Mayweather. It was a big event. We were there for Serius ex m ESPN at the time, and we didn't have actual credentials or tickets for the fight, so we ended up at the Sapphire Strip Club And Rich, do you remember how that went down?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 5: Like what a scene and setting that was. You may say that's not the great, that's not the right setting to watch a big event. Turns out that it was. It was kind of an interesting night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not to sound you know, that sounds like a bunch of sleezes.
Speaker 6: But what they do is everyone dips away, All the people that work there dip away. They got the big screen of the fight showing and the minute, the minute, the decision was read.
Speaker 3: I know what it was.
Speaker 6: It was Triple G Canelo first one. It was Triple G Canello one. And the minute they were like they announced it was a draw. If you remember that, the fight was a draw. The minute they said that, volume of the fight went down, dancers came out, music came on. I'm like, oh my god, they turned over this place.
Speaker 5: Event that.
Speaker 8: It's hilarious, just like that, like that. But what's so funny? And both of you guys are doing it. It's like you've both taken sleees out of Vegas. You've Covino just said it three times. Rich said it. You can't take the sleeze out of Vegas, you said, listen to you. You said, we had to decide someplace to go. Where did we end up? The strip club?
Speaker 5: We had some hookups, and I'll tell you it was a really great experience. It really was it. Rich described it perfectly. So again we asked you Fox Sports Radio Nation couple city or non couple city? Is it a single city. Let's talk to the great Moncey Bolanos just to get her take a woman's perspective. Yeah, what's up, Manzi?
Speaker 4: Hi guys, good morning.
Speaker 11: I know it'sn't expecting to see you, so what a nice little treat. I kind of agree with Cavino that it's not that simple of a question. I my boyfriend and I are.
Speaker 4: Really good friends.
Speaker 11: We like the same stuff, so it's like, you know, I've had I think better times with him than when I go on solo trips, and I've done both with a boyfriend. So I think it really depends. I think context matters who you're with. Obviously, you know I threw a bachelorette party in Vegas ten years ago. Oh you know, crazy, bring this leaziness.
Speaker 3: We did shipping.
Speaker 11: Dales guys one all right, we didn't do Thunder from down Under.
Speaker 5: But I think it just depends.
Speaker 11: And as long as you're with somebody that wants to do the same stuff as you.
Speaker 4: When anybody lost their balance, we.
Speaker 11: Listened, we would have caught them happily.
Speaker 6: Happily you know, MONSI you bring up I mean you and Covino, you're saying the same thing. So I think we've come to a conclusion. It could be a great time for couples if you're on the same page. It's a great test to see are are you and I having the same top fund. Do you like to gamble and go for a nice dinners? Do you like to party a little bit and have some extra fun. That's that's what Vegas is all about. And my wife did say this, Monsi, so maybe you will agree. She said, if you're taken, if you're married or in a relationship, and you're not gonna and you're like on the level and not doing anything dumb, sometimes it's not the most fun when you're a woman because you know that guys are gonna be hitting on you. So there's a lot of annoyance on on a girl's weekend if she.
Speaker 5: Has a point.
Speaker 11: But you know, if you have what resting, you know what face, they stay away, so you.
Speaker 5: Just put pop that baby on and call it a day.
Speaker 3: But she's right, so it's still fun. It's still fun.
Speaker 5: But she makes a very good point. You got it.
Speaker 6: You gotta approach the lot because especially if you're like at a bachelorette party or Shenanigan's, men will be constantly approaching you. And if you just don't feel like talking to random dudes because you're married or you're taking, it's tougher for a good looking woman like like you or my wife Manci or Covino's girlfriend or any you know, it's it's tougher because you know that guys are going to be annoying you the whole time.
Speaker 11: Yes, that does happen, right, makes a very good point, be bringing all that fun and slease uh slease all.
Speaker 5: The fun to you with extra content here on Fox Sports Radio. So subscribe to our podcast, search Covino and Rinch wherever you stream your podcast, because we're doing that. What up?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 6: Do people know that at iHeart and Fox Sports they have Seacrest and I'm Sleeze Crest.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, Rich is Dicky Sleeze Crest. Yeah, you know you guys prove the other point too, that what happens in Vegas doesn't necessarily stay in Vegas.
Speaker 4: When you're on the radio.
Speaker 5: You know what, there's so many factors here Rich, and like I said, all the bros and all the girls, they have to be on the same page because then your friend, for example, Rich is bringing his wife. Right, Let's say I was unhinged like Rich. Let's say I was a crazy guy and I partied really wild. She'd be taking notes about me. Like man, Steve's really risque when his girlfriend's not around, so now she has this sort of idea of how I am when I'm alone, and then she doesn't trust me with Rich in the future. Like, everybody who's going has to be on the same page. That's the greatest advice, I say, Gnitch, Yeah, you know, because now you're bringing a snitch along taking notes, so you gotta be careful with these decisions like that. He says.
Speaker 8: Everybody has to be on the same page. Even your visitor is Rich.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's so true. Well, you know, luck, Sarah and I Rich's wife know each other long enough to know how we all roll. But it really does matter. And it's a really interesting question. Vegas couple, Vegas couple city or single city. And like I said, we'll be at the Summer League for the NBA, hopefully getting some cool interviews either way, extra content, lots of fun, painting the picture, getting a scoop, getting a juice for you. This is while we're out there.
Speaker 7: First time that the NBA has done this NBA con Yeah, that's happening. It's the convention Center connected to Mandalay Bay. And what's cool about it, it's twice the size of any All Star event. Of any sport. So I'm really interested to see how this is gonna go down.
Speaker 5: On that note, Danny G, it's I think it's something. We're gonna take the sleeves out of this right now, Joel. If you got kids, you have a family, these conventions are so key. They're so great to be involved with. And as we got involved in sports throughout the years as broadcasters, we'd go to all these Major League Baseball events, all Star Week, the fan fests, super Bowl Week when they have all these things for the fans, and I would think to myself, Man, why didn't my parents ever take me to this cool stuff? They don't love you. Yeah, it's so cool if you have kids and if you have a big family nieces and nephews to go to things like this. So if you're able to get out there, definitely do it. Like Danny G said, it's going to be a great event. Oh and bonus podcasts. Go to the CNR podcast page and over the weekend you'll see a couple of bonus podcasts. Yeah. So it's going to be our pleasure to bring you some extra content, some extra shows, and speaking to Vegas, we're looking to be out there again July twenty ninth for the Errol Spence Terrence Crawford fight again. That's at the end of this month. Trying to bring some of the behind the scenes action and fun to you Fox Sports Radio Nation because I'm a big fight fan. Vegas Baby, Yeah, Vegas, Baby, Vegas, Vegas bringing that back. So that's the story and what makes it extra juicy juicy. It's not all the chiefs, the strip clubs. It's this when Ben Yama story, which we had, I mean, I don't take much pride, but it makes live radio fun. We had the uh privilege, I guess, of announcing it yesterday as it happened, like what Britney spears when Ben Yama what.
Speaker 4: It didn't sound like a real story.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I said that, Rich didn't want to bite because he thought I was reading a fake story, which is very possible. I've done that before. But I'm like, no, this is a real story. Because it was breaking as we were doing the show, like hey, yeah, man, it's gonna be a crazy weekend.
Speaker 4: Win.
Speaker 5: Ben Yamas in some news because his security, the spur security backhanded that that was the headline too backhanded. Britney spears because she was trying to get a picture, and that was really all we knew at the time, and that she was filing charges. But the story, you know, since then has developed some and we want to open that up to at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox keeps unfolding, It's insane, seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Want to know your thoughts on this because the first question that we sort of post but they didn't even really dive into, is wait a second, wim ben Yama Britney Spears is a fan. She's a fan. I find that hard to believe, even though he's a superstar. Maybe that just adds to the actual clout I picture like her husband being really into basketball. I say this with all due respect that really talks about her, it doesn't seem like she's fully there. And I don't say that as a knock at all. So when you what gives you that idea? If you follow her on social media, put it that way and you see what she's up to, It's like, is she really a fan or does she just see this huge crown around this guy realizes he must be somebody. I gotta take a picture. Or isn't she from Texas? Isn't she isn't she a Texas girl?
Speaker 4: Does she have ties?
Speaker 3: Did she?
Speaker 5: I don't know, So I'm wondering so much time san Antonio that she's like, Oh that's the guy. I gotta take a pic because it was interesting to hear that she's such a fan that she infiltrated security tapped him on the shoulder to get into this situation.
Speaker 7: Well wait, stop right there, because that's something I was thinking about when we left the show yesterday.
Speaker 4: How did she tap him on the shoulder?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, she had to jump, she got a stool stool.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of debate on TV and radio yesterday afternoon about did he get grabbed?
Speaker 4: Did she grab his arm or did she tap him?
Speaker 5: He's Britney Spears is five to four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you can't touch him, that's the rule.
Speaker 9: So sevenfold. He's seven four, so that's two feet So she does not have a two foot long arm.
Speaker 5: Oh, she was wearing a circus stilts.
Speaker 4: So did it look like she was serving in a volleyball game?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Probably right, So a great question, and we're gonna go all over all of that. And we got the audio too from Yeah, we got the audio we got lots, We got Manzi's updates. We got more Cavino and Rich for Dan Patrick next. All right, it's Covino and Rich. I'm thinking, is it too early to turn down for what? No, Joel, I, I it's the weekend. I'm pumped a ball, so pumped, pump for Vegas.
Speaker 4: Man, I need a shot of emergency. You get on the plane.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're right, You're right, and I'm rolling solo. That's Danny g on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Always a pleasure to be in for Dan Patrick live from Mercedes Benz Studios, brought to you by Mercedes Benz. The vehicle are all electric, the feeling is all Mercedes. Learn more at nbusa dot com slash e Q s Now, we've got to talk about this when ben yama drama. What's up, Joel, I don't feel that. I just since Yeah.
Speaker 8: The vibe you're giving us. Oh you have a you have a whopper of a story from Vegas and you haven't given it to us yet. Oh dude, I have endless stories. I've done terrible things, honest to God, terrible things in Vegas. I've gotten married, I've ruined my life in Vegas. I've gotten married in Vegas.
Speaker 5: I ended up paying alimony because of getting married in Vegas. You still love to go back, and I still love to go back because I'm on the company's dime. I'm eating at restaurants I shouldn't be at you know, living the living the good life, Joel. So, I've honestly done it all. I have some terrible stories, man, I really.
Speaker 4: Do alimony do to Vegas?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, seriously, I got mad. I really did. They weren't joking. I was married by Elvis.
Speaker 8: You could get an immediate divorce in Vegas too, if you got married.
Speaker 5: I believed in it. I was like, you know what, this is the rock star thing to do. Man, let's go so hey, true story and we head out there for NBA Con this weekend. We're leaving right after the show today, so we'll bring you some extra shows. Be sure to check it out on the podcast Covino and Rich and maybe we'll run into Wim ben Yama. I'll just approach delicately. I'll do a nice little tap tap tappy, excuse me. I don't want to get smacked by anybody. And that's the story that really is the story. That's the biggest story. Now we're going to talk about what to watch this weekend, and of course Tom Brady's in the news his love life. But when Ben Yama the Britney Spears drama, what I found interesting after the fact was that he never said that he was flattered by it. He's like, oh, he never really saw it. You know what, we have the sound bite, right, we have whim and ya, I'm talking about it. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: I didn't know for a couple hours. But when we when I when I came back to the hotel, I thought it was no big deal and that the security of this person I gave was a big dispird. So it was first I was like, a you know, you're you're joking better. Yeah, it turns out was a bigness wears you know. But I didn't know because I didn't see her.
Speaker 3: I never saw her face.
Speaker 12: I kept just keet walking straight over that that's it.
Speaker 5: Never saw her face because he's three feet taller than and that's why. But I thought it was interesting was set out to me regardless of the situation, right, it was sort of unfortunate security knocks her down The story is the backhander.
Speaker 4: Glasses fall off, glasses fall.
Speaker 5: Off as Britney spears. Like Joel said yesterday.
Speaker 4: She said it was demoralizing.
Speaker 5: Oh and then apparently she said in a British accent, this is America, right. I don't even know what that means or implies. I don't even know what You're free.
Speaker 7: You're free to get smacked and lose your glasses. Why was it in a British accent of game? I don't know that was that was the story?
Speaker 4: I know where you're going, Cove.
Speaker 7: You would think that you would be impressed that Brittany wants a picture with you, But I looked it up.
Speaker 4: What year do you think Wemby was born? It's gonna make you sick.
Speaker 5: Two thousand and two, No, I have two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: Ish two thousand and four.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Does he really know Brittany?
Speaker 4: Not the way we do.
Speaker 5: I mean it's not like we didn't know. I might know.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're in a toxic come out spotty?
Speaker 5: Was that four? The whole story is really weird. I just thought it would have been in his instinct to say, yeah, I'm really sorry about what happened, right, like he gave us out that song came out before he was born, before he was born. That does put things in perspective. It also it also puts in perspective what a big star this guy is. And as Chris Bussard was saying, like he's a goat or bust kind of star. That's the expectations here. He could be the greatest of all time. That's how much hype is around the number one draft pick when ben Yama. Now, was Britney Spears really a fan or was this just a great photo op for her to stay in the news.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The truth is, I don't know. But he never said he was flattered by it. He never really said like, all right, if that was me, right, or if that was you, wouldn't you be like, you know, I'm really sad to hear about what happened. Had I known, I would have went up to the table and and and said thank you and taking a picture. But I didn't know. I didn't see her. It's really unfortunate. I'm sorry, but I'm really flattered. I'm a big fan. None of that came out. He just gave his recollection of everything that he gave us the play by play. Let's take a quick phone call at this as the trauma unfurls. Let's to Christopher. Christopher's on the show. See he's in California. Yeah, the High Desert. Yeah, Prancaster.
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 4: Chris?
Speaker 5: All right? So, first of all, I got two things.
Speaker 4: Do we really think Britney Spears is tall enough to tap Wenby in the shoulders? No, she's five four.
Speaker 5: How do you think about it? Probably not? That's one. And two.
Speaker 4: Brittany was once relevant, So she should know what it's like to have security. She should know that it's their job to defend a person in secured.
Speaker 5: That's what the actual security guy was saying to sort of calm the situation down, Like he apologized immediately as the story goes. So, hey, listen, Chris, hang tight. If there's anything else you got to say, I want everyone to hang tight. Eight seven seven ninety nine, O Fox, we got more to talk about. Also again Tom Brady in the news and his romance. He's linked up with one of the biggest names in Hollywood?
Speaker 3: Or is he not?
Speaker 5: Got more Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. Next is Fox Sports Radio.