Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and Daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions. Happy weekend, everybody. It is Listener Q and A Time. Abby is joining me. Abby, How you feeling?
Speaker 2: Why don't I always get nervous with questions?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: I don't know because there's so many crazy things that we ask in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel like nothing's off limits and we're just like.
Speaker 1: Ah, well I do. I do scream them, you know, kind of likes I screamed them. I would never propose something that you'd be like, Marian, why did.
Speaker 2: You bring That's true? You never have, you never would.
Speaker 1: Okay, hopefully I'm also holding my mic, so hopefully this isn't an issue. It keeps rising. It's like we have ghosts in ours to you. It's like it is going up. Okay. Shout out from Sierra, my favorite girl duo. She loves us, love us.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This reminds me at some point, I do need to have you on my other podcast.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Don't talk about shows off or whatever, but we'll find something a topic. Yeah, so Red Flag just kidding, just kidding, those stories could go on for days. I know we're like eight episodes, but we will seriously, we will do that at some point. All right, let's get into these questions. Do you ever see yourself leaving the show one day to do something different?
Speaker 2: Where are you going? Do you want?
Speaker 1: Are you coming in here?
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 3: Lunch?
Speaker 1: Walk just walked in and then just puts his finger over a thing.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to talk. I was just seeing if it's hot in here.
Speaker 1: As his other studios, it's very hot and keeps moving like there's a goops.
Speaker 2: We are literally sweating through a g Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I come up here on a Saturday. I expect to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's not and it's not Saturday. Don't do that crap.
Speaker 3: I mean there, I was dripping sweat. I had to walk. We had to take a two minute break. I had.
Speaker 1: That's what we were break from.
Speaker 3: My freaking belly and my pits. Eighty eight degrees in the studio over there.
Speaker 1: Eighty eight that's what we were wondering what we did guess eighty five, So we weren't far.
Speaker 2: We're saying crazy things to you. I think that he's getting.
Speaker 1: They're working on it. Well, they have to fix ours, to then fix these.
Speaker 3: That one's fixed. It's cold.
Speaker 1: No, the all those little things that are outside in the hallway aren't supposed to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's just a.
Speaker 1: Temporary fix it. Don't ask me. I'm not an ay lady.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you just come in here to like.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna stick my hand. I was just trying to see how it was you guys talk to me.
Speaker 1: Says, and then you opened it and it's loud out there.
Speaker 2: If I walked in, sore losers, you would not not acknowledge it exactly.
Speaker 3: Did actually kick off? Kevin told me you guys were done, so I didn't know you were. That's why you were done. So I just came in.
Speaker 1: How it was, we're choosing by choices it in here.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Chat bye, have a good saturday.
Speaker 3: I have a good saturday, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you.
Speaker 1: My goodness. Okay, By the way, please, skill isn't a part one because we are just in solutional because it is so on here.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure we said things you should. I know, I kind of forgot. I think my brain's like getting overheated.
Speaker 1: It is, friends, I don't think that my brain already.
Speaker 2: Doesn't function all of my welcome.
Speaker 1: To the inside part of our recording the show. We need to do this so we can. Do you ever see yourself leaving the show one day to do something different, Love you too from Hannah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think I do at some point. That's like always in my mind of like what is next after this, because you never know with anything. You know, we're like not Morgans, just fixing your MinC It's okay. We are not promised like anything, you know, so like I'm not gonna be like, oh yeah, I plan on being with the show ten more years. You don't know. I'm I love anything in like healthcare, like more health related things.
Speaker 1: That'd be totally it would be way different.
Speaker 2: But I mean I got my degree in exercise science, so maybe like work at a gym or something I always had to be fun to work at, like the front desk of a gym, or maybe like teach a class, like a cycling class. I everybody know, I could.
Speaker 1: Totally see you doing that, And I'm not laughing because like that's a fun job. But just like going from this to.
Speaker 2: That would be a career change, Yes, definite career change or like quitting to just focus one hundred percent on my singing. Yeah, I could totally do that. And I've also thought of just like maybe a different area of the music business, like a label or something. I don't have any like immediate plans because I don't plan that for in advance, but like I could eventually see myself like someday probably.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, life happens. You never know what happen in life exactly. You could also die here and never leave.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm delusional. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I really don't know. I'm so hot right now, I'm cooking, I'm melting out.
Speaker 1: How does it feel to have your music played on the radio? Christine from Minnesota?
Speaker 2: It's really really cool. I haven't really heard it, but when I'm in Wichita and I hear hey, their hometown. That's awesome. That's so cool, especially like in the car.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Why do you want the ball shout out?
Speaker 2: Like last Christmas when that happened, I died like it was real.
Speaker 1: Were your parents forreaking?
Speaker 2: Not too?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: My mom like recorded it like she's like, Abby, this is you. I'm like, oh my gosh, it is me. That's weird.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's really weird. That's cute.
Speaker 1: When will we get more music from Abby? This is from Brian Bryron. Gosh, dang it.
Speaker 2: Byron Byron. That's a good question. Slow and steady wins the race. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're turtle now or sail? Those are your three options?
Speaker 2: No, I no, I really I need to, like I get sometimes put it on the back burner and hopefully soon I want to write something, but like I've said, I think in the past like I want to write something meaningful, you know, But also at the same time, it's like, why why not just write as much as you can and just see if something sticks. So I want to start doing that more, just like getting in the room and I'm still a little intimidated.
Speaker 1: Are you at the point where you're like starting to write down notes on your phone where you're like, oh, this could be an.
Speaker 2: Idea I do sometimes yeah, or like in my yeah voice memo, like I'll be driving and just like kind of say something like an idea.
Speaker 1: You better keep all those because we've had artists come in studio. They'll be like ten years ago. I voiced this in my phone.
Speaker 2: Right when I was nobody like, look, here's this and now it's like watermelon, moonshine or you know something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you better keep all those, don't delete it.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah for sure? Okay, so hopefully soon.
Speaker 1: Hopefully soon, Byron, Sorry I messed up your name? Are you running any races soon? All I got is an a A letter for the name, oh an a name?
Speaker 2: Okay? The one I know for sure in Nashville, the Saint Jude one that I do every year in April.
Speaker 1: So you'll be doing when head that you Yes, she's head to goal. Listen to part one if you want to hear more about that.
Speaker 2: Right, She's head and I are running it. We did last year, but we actually want to train this time to be better and win.
Speaker 1: You know, there is not a single part of me I have started doing Nashville has. There's this really awesome trainer called name James, and every week he does a free workout at the Capitol Steps like twice a week, and me and one of my friends have been going for the last couple of months. It's been like a thing where we're trying to do it. That's cool, and I still hate running. What in the world I'm trying so hard. I'm doing it because I'm trying one. I'm just trying to get my like running up in general, to just be better at running, and it is working. Like I We're just texting the other day, We're like, Okay, I feel really good. I feel like I'm really strong on whatever.
Speaker 2: But I still like running.
Speaker 1: I will do it, and I'm getting better about making it through all of the stuff without stopping and walking. But man, how long is to run? Like how long are you running in a row?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: It depends so sometimes like there was one time we did what he called Mount Everest and we had to run both hills four times each and it was horrible. There was berbies and push ups and squats in between. I wanted to die, and I think it totaled to three miles. And then sometimes we'll run like a big and smaller loops and then also run suicides and those. It always ends up being like anywhere between two and a half and four and a half miles is what the whole workout could be. But you're not running that like consistently as an entire run, which is why I can enjoy it and do it because I can at least like run and then like there's an end and I don't pick it up again.
Speaker 2: But I feel like that's harder once you If you just go on like flat land and just do like three miles, you're gonna get this runners higher and never gonna want to stop. There is no way you're just want to go.
Speaker 1: There was not a world in which that would happen.
Speaker 2: You'd be like fourth Gump, please keep running mileest run. I really feel like you could, like in a pretty area with scenery, maybe by the ocean or something, or by a lake, I would be like, why am I not.
Speaker 1: Just standing here enjoying this? Let me take some picture this. I I just don't. I don't think I have that gene.
Speaker 2: But it's getting better.
Speaker 1: I'm getting more into it, so it could in three months time I could come back and be like, I get it.
Speaker 2: No one likes running hills. That would be hard for anybody. I wouldn't even enjoy that. You just went like full on, like the painful part of.
Speaker 1: Hey, glow up, I'm a glow up season, baby, There we go. That's what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, I wanted to do another race in Chattanooga or something like somewhere else I really want to do like one at Disney.
Speaker 1: Like you can do a full marathon anytime soon.
Speaker 2: I guess I got a train. Like I'm injury prone. I've always been like my whole life, like my bones. I always had like stress fractures on my shins.
Speaker 1: Well you are like you you are little. Does it have anything to do with it? I don't know, like genuine, Yeah, I don't have much muscle, not like bad way like its little and I don't like I I I have injuries because I'm short, like because my limbs work differently, you know what I mean. Like I didn't know if that has anything to do with it because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know enough about running. Yeah, I think it does. It Just like that I was running so much in high school, like we would do like twelve miles a day. So it was just like a lot of wear and tear on my legs. And it's just like I don't know because my friends they wouldn't they would do it, no problem. So I've just always been this way.
Speaker 1: They do say with marathons, stuff, you should be like weightlifting and stuff. Do you weightlift too?
Speaker 2: That's the problem. No, Like the weight bearing exercises are the ones that like strengthen your bones and like, I don't really I haven't been doing that so.
Speaker 1: And you're probably not drinking milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, much's just my latte.
Speaker 1: Actually I was just a campaign, but I was thinking that the other day.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, I get my calcium through lattes? Does that actually work? That's like my excuse to be like, no, I can get this today because I'm getting my calcium.
Speaker 1: You know what, justify it however you want to. I like it, Like where you're doing. Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll bear it back from another abbey in Texas. Abbe you'd like to know. Are you going to just be in the holidays with Che's head.
Speaker 2: We've had conversations about that because it is hard because his family is here in Nashville and mine's in Wichita, and so it's hard. And he wants to be here on Christmas Day and I want to be in Wichita for Christmas Day. So we're going to figure out how this works. So I'm gonna split the time, I think, and it's kind of come back with you. Yeah, for a few days, Like he'll come a little bit and then I'll I'll be here obviously, so I think he'll come before Christmas and then I'll be here after Christmas.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's an easier route than you being in two totally different states. Yes, yeah, at least that's true versus you having to travel to two different places.
Speaker 2: I know that would be hard. I think that would be really tough. Yeah, so it is kind of a bummer, Like I wanted. I would like him to be there Christmas, or I'd like to be with him, but just with circumstances like, yeah, you can't be this year because I want to go home and see my family too. You know, well it's like first edition.
Speaker 1: You have time to figure that, right, But at least you're spending some of it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exciting. Yeah, got to be good.
Speaker 1: So fun. What does your boyfriend really think of Lunchbox? Does he listen to the show Darcy.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh when he hears it, Like he knows Lunchbox is being like dramatic, and he knows like what I do for work, so he doesn't really like pay attention. He's good, yeah, and I have to just be like it's fine, Like he's h's Lunchbox Like that's just his personality and he's always been this way and he's always like that. He's like that to Morgan too. He's like that to Amy sometimes Eddie. So he doesn't it doesn't really bother him, okay, because I like out, but like he would like at the beginning, he's like, oh my gosh, are you kidding me? Like when he was making fun of my singing, he didn't really know anything. Like I was like, okay, hear me out.
Speaker 1: Calm down, let me talk you down from the leg because I know Am have said that like that.
Speaker 2: It caused a whole thing in the past with her and her husband m Back then. I was like, oh gosh, I don't have a.
Speaker 1: Natural protection from men, especially when they deeply care about somebody, to be like I don't want you to hurt and I don't want somebody to be speaking about you that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think anybody, not just men, but really overpoweringly men will be like, well let me do something about it, you know, And you have this over protection about somebody you care about, Yes, So it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I'd want to be the same way too. If I heard somebody talking to him like that, I'd be like excuse me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, what what right do you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who are you? But yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. You were like, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Good fack, I'm just kidding his lunchbox. I just like messing with him.
Speaker 1: For both of you, What is your favorite non traditional workouts? Speaking of workouts, this is from Jessica.
Speaker 2: Non traditional workout. I love boxing. Oh, give me some boxing gloves. I will knock the Have you been boxed out of a boxing man?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get it real with you. We went boxing one time.
Speaker 2: You bought a whole membership. Wha gosh, and then I never went back. Yeah, a whole year. I spent on that membership.
Speaker 1: And you never went again. I didn't know. I was more.
Speaker 2: You were there when I did this.
Speaker 1: I was there and I said, you don't need to buy that. You can just like come in again. And you're like, no, no, no, I'll come back.
Speaker 2: You witnessed my impulsiveness. That's my impulsivity.
Speaker 1: You never went back.
Speaker 2: No, no, And I love it, not even.
Speaker 1: One and that whole year, Like I get it, Like you're busy, you can't go all that often?
Speaker 2: No, not even no, no, I did it the times I don't want to. We're dining here in the afternoon, and now there's excuses. Just I love boxing so much that I would pay a membership and not go. Two.
Speaker 1: You really love boxing. Oh my god, that's funny.
Speaker 2: I forgot that was you with me, that was there and I did that. It was crazy. Okay, you go, gosh.
Speaker 1: I do so many random things anyway.
Speaker 2: Goat yoga. I do love that. Animal I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have, and I've done puppy yoga.
Speaker 2: I do that.
Speaker 1: I would also do kitt and yoga. I do any animal yoga really non traditional though. I mean, I've been really hooked on pilates lately, but I feel like that's becoming traditional.
Speaker 2: I love hot yoga. Oh you do? Okay, Wait, you're complaining right now about position.
Speaker 1: When I go to hot yoga, I don't have makeup bonds. I'm in yoga clothes and I'm intentionally sweating. But why I'm not intentionally sweating right now? I have a sweater on in full makeup, and I have jeans on.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to intentionally sweat on the ground. It makes me feel.
Speaker 1: Like I gotta go work out it and I'm sweating out energy. And when I leave there, I always feel so refreshed, like I cleanse my body.
Speaker 2: Oh it feels so good.
Speaker 1: And then I'm doing yoga, so I'm zin.
Speaker 2: I feel like that would just make me like freak out, like already I just want to like go into.
Speaker 1: You do have to get used to it, for sure. There's definitely an adjustment of like, want to do classes, let's box go sometimes too.
Speaker 2: What in the world he does now with me?
Speaker 1: I've tried to get him and he's like, Saturdays you can't call kids, And I'm like, okay, well, Saturdays is when I go because I sweat so much, so like I don't want to do that during the week.
Speaker 2: I cannot see him doing yoga, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really I have just tried. I admittedly tried to get him to go because I want to watch him yoga. It's a nice and visual I would love to see a video so funny.
Speaker 2: I'd pay to see a video of that, right, Honestly.
Speaker 1: It'd be so funny. I'm also looking into doing like a ballet workout class. Oh yeah, trying some different things. I've tried everything, really you have, so I only have but don't do a bouncing one. Because that's what gave me vertigo.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Oh yeah, that's bad. Never forgot.
Speaker 1: I don't do the trampoline bouncing classes. You may get vertigo.
Speaker 2: That looks so fun though, but they do look fun.
Speaker 1: I could bounce on a regular trampoline though that but that class in particular. Never again, that's traumatized. Yeah, all right. How do you like the new glassroom? This is our last question from Olissa. It's half the size, it is smaller.
Speaker 2: It is very small, so I'm twice as close to Ray.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: It's actually he's actually like really funny. He's so funny to be around and funny or fun like to sit by. He's fun and funny, fun and fun just all the fun things. Is right, very interesting. I like it. The phones, that's the only bad thing is the phones are like not properly working that well, and it has been hanging up on people. And I saw people really mad on Facebook that I hung up on them. And it was happening where you call in and they're like, hey, I want to talk about this, and then it hangs up on them. And I was like, oh my gosh, because we needed callers for certain segments and I was like, oh my gosh, what's your story? And it hung up, and I think they would call back like three times the same person and they were like, oh, yeah, I just called about and it hung up, and I was like, oh my gosh, it's not me. Never hang up on people. I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: I doesn't say I don't feel like you've ever done that.
Speaker 2: No, And that's all We're like in the middle of a segment and he's like, Abby, what do you think about this? That's like the only time I'm like, oh my gosh, hold on. So I'd never hang up on them. And then even then you're like making them hold on, you're not being like okay bye, right yeah, and then someone else Are they fixing that?
Speaker 1: Are they trying to work on it.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what it is because it happened last week when the engineers were here, and then it just stopped randomly because I went to him and I was like, hey, it's doing this, and of course it stopped. You know how when you bring something because somebody's attention and they're like, oh, I'll fix it, and then it starts working. I'm like, dang it, I needed to stop working so you can fix it. So I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I do think like the AC has been a thing, and I do think we have so much equipment in there that is so heat like influenced by heat. It's like take your laptop that you have right h or your phone and you feel it overheating when it's doing something. Yeah, imagine our studio and that time's fifty thousand because all of the equipment, all of the screens, all of the monitors, all of the systems that allow our microphones to work, the board, the phones, everything is running in that same capacity, but much much bigger hm. And so when a room is so so hot, it's going to overheat them quicker, faster, They're gonna have more issues. Yes, And I think I'm hopeful that when the AC is fixed permanently, because even though it's been fixed temporarily, it's not working all the time in that capacity, which means when we're gone, it could be doing stuff to our systems and we don't even know it m hm. So I'm hoping long term, once it's actually fixed, we won't be having these types of issues. That's my house.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping so too. And it's just a theory.
Speaker 1: I could be entirely wrong and it could actually be a systematic, like electrical problem that we have to fix. But it's a theory I have.
Speaker 2: I have like ten lines, so there's a lot happening on those lines, and there's people that hang up or they're like, oh, didn't mean to call you. It's a lot. And then when Bobby being like, oh, I'm gonna take this call her right here, it's not like simply as easy as it sounds.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of much complex system than just like a regular phone that has one line coming in right.
Speaker 2: It's ten lines. Yeah, And so like I'm trying to do the best I can, not ever trying to mean to somebody. Someone also said that I I lied because I didn't call him back to play a game, and I'm like, I never say I'm going to call you back. I'm like, if if Bobby needs someone, I'll call you back. But I'm never I never like make these promises I'm going to call you back because I don't know how the show is going to be going. We're live, we never know like what game we're playing next. Sometimes he's just like, hey, can you get a caller? On in five minutes, and that's what I do. So there's just a lot of behind the scenes stuff that we all are working on and adjusting to. So there's so basically, please take it easy on Abby, Let's be nice. Please.
Speaker 1: Let's also not make assumptions or create lies or your own narrative around anything. Let's do that generally about everything in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we are all here like trying. O. I know there's like been some like technical things, but it's like I think, for as much and as complicated as everything is in there, I think what's going well.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's going so so well, and everything is a state of the art technology, Like we have the best systems and the best things working, but it's just going to take time. It's going to take time adjusting and getting everything working as efficiently as it needs to on a day to day basis for everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean it's only what week three? Yeah, so I think we're going to be a well oiled machine and like we're mostly well just a fuel yeah, just a few tweaks kick it along the way right exactly. So other than that, Oh and I also sit by this machine that all the fans blow out all the hot air see and so it's like it is, that's what's cooling it down. So it's like they are like working hard equipment.
Speaker 1: Is it working hard to little Buddy's got to keep going?
Speaker 2: It is, I know. But I have my own mic too. That's you to talk on mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very exciting and you're supposed to. Well we requested for a camera on your thing, so waiting on that.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, you have a camera on there.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That's cool.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we're gonna tap out of here. Abby, tell people they can find you. Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: On Instagram at Abby Lee Anderson.
Speaker 1: I would love to see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, that all. I'm on Twitter too, but or x but I'm singing Abby. You like to make fun of that singing Abby?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I previously like to make fun of your Instagram because it had an underscore and a period, and I was like, girlfriend, you had to change that. The Twitter one's fine.
Speaker 2: They just don't match up, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is also not ideal. But at least Instagram is now full words.
Speaker 2: I mean like Abby dot Anderson one underscore dash.
Speaker 1: I was like, I can never remember those even if I wanted zoo. I know, I do think I did finally get to a point. Is Abby dot Anderson underscore one one underscore?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, see you got it.
Speaker 1: I haven't type it enough that I was like, I have to that. I was also I was like, please change this. For the love of all that is holy.
Speaker 2: There's so many Abby Anderson's out there too. It was just all it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you can find me at web Girl. Morgan listen my new podcast. Take this personally. I think you'll really like it, and please follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. We have a YouTube page you can go subscribe to and watch all of the old performances, like there's a Chris Stapleton cover of Your Man, which he wrote that song. You may know it from Josh Turner, but he covered it. Also Bailey Zimmerman performing. We've got Morgan Wall performances up there. I mean, you name it. There's so much up there, so go check it out and subscribe. Okay, we're leaping.
Speaker 2: I'm going to dive in a pool. I don't know where one is.
Speaker 1: Literally just dunk our heads and water. Yes, okay, that sounds nice.
Speaker 2: Goodbye everybody, Bye. That's the Best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend go follow the show on all social platforms and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.