Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 3: We did it. They didn't think we could. I had the under as well. We made it to a Friday. It's a meat Friday at that the great folks at Kings Hawaiian are here and that means Chef Greg and he's busy outside. So we have three different sliders that will be available. We have the Shrimp po Boy Slider, the MVP slider that includes a prime file A. We figure with Deon Sanders here we should have some prime filet. And then we have the Amalfi Coast Slider and that of course is a prujute with chicken pasto, mutsarel, arugula, a tomato fondu and parmesan all of that. On the Kings Hawaiian, the Original, we have the pretzel slider buns, the original Sweet Hawaiian rules. Who has it better than we do? That's your Italian?
Speaker 4: No body, no body.
Speaker 5: Lutan al Burshoot, oh it's mozzarella. This is a subway.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: It's a Jimmy Johns. I'll have some mozzarella please.
Speaker 4: Maybe the chicken parmegiana. Thanks you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Parma guy. Any please, all right eight seven seven three DP Show email address DPA, Dan Patrick jutt.
Speaker 7: That is one of the craziest things about Italy is like you could live it a play. Where do you live Pursoot?
Speaker 5: No kidding?
Speaker 7: Really, you're like it's named after all of these things. Where do you live Parmesan?
Speaker 6: No kidding?
Speaker 4: Yes, I live, That's where the cheese is from. And then I love there.
Speaker 3: Eight seven seven three DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Dion Sanders will join us coming up in about fifteen minutes from now, Dan Orlovsky and Booger McFarland from the Mothership the Packers running back. Josh Jacobs will stop by as well. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app, and we say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. And this first hour brought to you by Keeper's Heart. New and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey and you create a smooth character of Irish whiskey with the bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you got to try it. Drink responsibly, come up with a play of the day, got a pull question, a few stats of the day as well. The NFL Honors unveiled last night, and I sit corrected because I thought Lamar Jackson was going to win because he had the most votes at quarterback and usually that will translate into being the MVP. That was the big surprise for me as I was watching that. But Josh Allen the first player in twenty one years to win the MVP without being selected First Team All Pro, and I think that was the big surprise that he got twenty seven of the fifty first place votes. Lamar Jackson had twenty three. That's the smallest difference between first and second since Peyton Manning and Steve McNair they declared them co MVPs. They had sixteen first place votes. That was back in two thousand and three.
Speaker 8: Who stall of a day, Stallada Day, Stallata Day, Stantata Day.
Speaker 2: This is the Stanle of the Day stat of.
Speaker 3: The Day brought to you by Panadia America. Josh Allen MVP the Saquon Bark League, Offensive Player of the Year award was like a we got to give you something. You rush for two thousand yards and you're in the super Bowl. If you had the MVP vote Monday, you voted Monday who would be the MVP of the NFL, because more than likely it would be Saquon Barkley. Although if Mahomes would win again even though he didn't have a great regular season, you go, he's still the most valuable guy. But Josh Allen gets the MVP Defensive Player of the Year. Patrick's ertan of the Broncos, Kevin O'Connell the Vikings Coach of the Year. I'm sitting with people last night who had big money bet on these awards. Big money. So when Kevin O'Connell and Dan Campbell are up for Coach of the Year, Andy Reid, I'm sitting next to a woman.
Speaker 6: She goes.
Speaker 3: Better better be Kevin o'h okay, calling him KOs better be KOs. I said, like, what you know him? I got seventy two thousand dollars on this. I go, oh my god. So Kevin O'Connell wins, and she goes all right, drinks for everybody. Then all of a sudden Josh Allen wins MVP, and I think she lost seventeen thousand on that and it ruined her parlays because she had Lamar Jackson. I didn't know you could parlay the awards ceremony, you know, MVP and Rookie of the Year and Offensive Rookie of the Year Jared Versu the Rams defensive Rookie. Like there was some serious money being wager or they bet, you know, prior to the start of the season. And I told the story of one of the guys who's on our gambling podcast occasionally, Sammy p. He put down a future's bet on Saquon Barkley to be the Offensive Player of the Year. He did that in the preseason. He had the ticket that he got from Vegas and he dropped it off to the backroom guys who worked on the gambling podcast, and he said, if this happens, you guys cash this.
Speaker 6: He said.
Speaker 3: The only thing is is you have to go to Vegas to cash it, and it's worth about three thousand dollars. So I was watching hoping that Saquon Barkley would win it. So Marvin, I don't know if you and Dylan, you know, picture day, Ray, you guys cashed in last night on Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 5: We sure did so.
Speaker 9: I think we're gonna go to Vegas and split it, and I think Ray and Dylan won't have any money when we come back.
Speaker 3: That's just gonna You're gonna lose money on going to pick up winnings for a bet. So those were just some of the awards last night. Jaden Daniels was the Rookie of the Year, the Assistant Coach of the Year, Ben Johnson going to the so that that count as a Bears Award winner.
Speaker 10: There's lots of room in the Bears trophy case. Pop it in there. No one's going to read the fine print.
Speaker 3: Well you got eighty five and then you don't have much after that, big gap. Yes, yeah, big trophy case. Not a lot of trophies in the trophy case.
Speaker 6: Yep, all right.
Speaker 3: See let's pull question for hour one of the program. Nothing of significance happened yesterday at the trade deadline except for PJ. Tucker. He got traded three times in five days. Do you get a jersey with those teams that traded for you? No, you don't.
Speaker 10: I think to be in the record books in Basketball Reference, you have to be on the roster for a game even though you don't play in that game.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: From February first to February fifth, PJ. Tucker went from the Clippers to the Jazz Jazz to the Heat, Heat to the Raptors. That's not fair, Like at the end result is and you're going to the Raptors. Yeah.
Speaker 4: His agent is like, hey, look, everybody wants you.
Speaker 7: I'm assuming that if one of them should go on to win a ring, he doesn't get that ring.
Speaker 3: Correct, correct? Yeah, correct, because he didn't play one game.
Speaker 4: He didn't play one game, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. So PJ. Tucker three times in five days, But that doesn't count as most teams played for? Is that still like nine teams? Haven't we discussed this before, like Clarence Weatherspoon or somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, Jim Jackson's up there too.
Speaker 3: Jim Jackson Did he play for nine teams?
Speaker 5: He played for eleven or twelve?
Speaker 3: What about Joe Smith? Joe Smith might still be in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Oh he's a world traveler too.
Speaker 2: Tony Massenberg had about all, oh yeah, we're deep diving.
Speaker 3: Oh loop bloop, all right, Seaton. Pole question today is going to be what.
Speaker 7: Well, we have a couple of Todd's oddly specific poll questions which we could get to, which it's always fun.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Todd. The conclusion of the match, the pickleball match that will be aired today, and then we'll hand out some awards. But Todd was the star the first match. He looked like a combination of Roth and a Doll and Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe. It was very impressive, very and the best athlete on the pickleball court. But let's see what you do match too.
Speaker 6: I'm ready, Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 7: We also have a couple of other Pole questions from Paul. Here, are you rooting for the Chiefs of the Eagles? Kind of basic, but let's.
Speaker 4: Get the the I don't know baseline?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: And then would you rather win the league MVP and a Super Bowl MVP but not be a Hall of Famer or just be a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I'm MVP and Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 4: Correct, but not but not a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Well, how many guys have won both of those MVPs and not been a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 2: I think nobody.
Speaker 4: No, oh by you. So you could be the only one who had a great year and then won a ring, but not that good.
Speaker 3: Eli didn't get in first ballot. I guess I was surprised because and this shouldn't factor in, but he's from New Orleans. Here we are in New Orleans, and I got that. Might you know, you put those two together and maybe he's now. I don't think he's a first Battle Hall of Famer. I do think he gets into the Hall of Fame. Eric Allen got in. I've been a big proponent of Sterling Sharp. Sterling Sharp is kind of like the wide receiver version of Terrell Davis or vice versa. He was a wonderful wide receiver. So you have Shannon and Sterling going into the Hall of Fame. Jared Allen, you forget the numbers that Jared Allen put up. Those are how many sacks did he have? PAULI to have over one fifty, but you know, you know, not playing in big playoff games, but still that was a guy. It felt like every single Sunday he brought it. You had to account for.
Speaker 6: Jared Allen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Paul, Yeah, he had one hundred and thirty six sacks. You get that one twenty number. It's almost automatic.
Speaker 9: Yes, Marvin, and I think one of our guests has a good history with Oh no.
Speaker 5: He chased him out of the end zone.
Speaker 3: Oh no, so he helped Jared all Jared Allen get a sack on that. Like if it's a safety, you don't get a sack.
Speaker 6: Do you.
Speaker 10: Maybe if you're the closest person or you have to touch him, I would think checking.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes if you're in the vicinity, you get credit. You know when Peyton Manning used to just fall down or Brady fall down, somebody got the sack. But maybe you just have to put rest your hands on them. But yeah, I don't know if Jared Allen got a sack that. Because Orlovsky went out of the end zone when he was with the Liones, we have to ask Dan. I'm sure he loves talking about that. He thought he was done with that, he thought that that was over. Who went out of the end zone this year?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, there was like the exact same play.
Speaker 4: Gosh, who was that?
Speaker 3: We should remember that because we've never forgotten the Dan Orlovsky ran out of the back of the end zone.
Speaker 4: He just kind of owns that you know?
Speaker 3: Was it a really good quarterback?
Speaker 2: Who PJ Stroud?
Speaker 3: He got oi?
Speaker 6: Yes? All right?
Speaker 3: What other pole questions that we have for the first job.
Speaker 7: Let's see these are some of the Todd's oddly specific poll question. Yes, how would you handle someone talking too much at a Super Bowl party? Ask that individual to please let you just watch the game? Politely engage in conversation and just deal with the situation.
Speaker 2: Move to another spot.
Speaker 7: And hope he or she doesn't follow you, find a TV in a separate room, leave the party altogether.
Speaker 3: Would you like to answer your pole question?
Speaker 6: Todd?
Speaker 11: Knowing me, I would politely engage in conversation and just deal with the situation and not be rude, holding that at some point they're going to just stop.
Speaker 3: But what if you're the person who's annoying, which could very well be the case, and they're trying to move away from you, they.
Speaker 5: Would probably leave the party altogether.
Speaker 11: There would probably be like seventy three percent if there was me doing that, victimizing the poor people trying to watch the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've dealt with this before a couple of Super bowls.
Speaker 10: Unbeknownst to me, my wife invited a couple of my brother in law's clover who don't know football but talk the whole time very ornately. I do a move when we come back from firstall break, where I go, all right, let's get back to the game. Let's focus on the game. Like and everyone kind of shuts up for a second. It's like breaking the huddle. It works, It gets people refocused.
Speaker 7: Sounds like a lot of fun by it being clapped at until the shut up at your house.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 5: Them rolling their eyes behind him.
Speaker 3: What's cool.
Speaker 2: Thanks for inviting us over.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm not bothered by Marvin.
Speaker 3: What about you? Now?
Speaker 9: We don't need to talk. Let's just watch the game. You know, the commercials, the halftime show.
Speaker 5: We don't need to do all that.
Speaker 3: I'm watching by myself on Super Bowl Sunday. I'm watching by myself. That's it. It's the best. Don't have to hawk, no questions, nothing, They don't have to wait in line for anything.
Speaker 9: Yes, And the thing about Super Bowl parties, there's so many people there that haven't watched football all year. But it's just an event. Yeah, and so they're like, so, who's really good on his team? Gosh, they've been good all year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought Saquin was on the Giants. He's on the Eagles now.
Speaker 6: Saquen.
Speaker 3: Saquin Barkley.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: The eight seven, seven to three DP Show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls and email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle the DP Show.
Speaker 10: Yes, Paulie, we have a quick Dion Sanders game. Coach prime Is always comes by the Super Bowl set. We're gonna play guests. The outfit for Dion Sanders, none of us. I don't think i've seen him yet.
Speaker 3: He did shave, Oh I was. He was on the Award Show last night. He was up there with Belichick and they were you know, it was like a buddy movie.
Speaker 2: Like anyone you have Midnight Run too.
Speaker 3: Yes, now it would be in Prime, I'm run it would be instead of Midnight Run. But yeah, it felt like Belichick and Dion were a buddy movie up there. You know, they're just ad libbing, just you know, gassing it up a little bit. Hey how are you hey? And then you had Snoop Dogg who called out Belichick's girlfriend. So yeah, and he brought all of his rings and then she got one of the rings as well. So what's the d on so what he's wearing today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go first.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go white on white on white, Colorado flair all through it.
Speaker 2: But it's a little warm today. White had to toe with some Colorado pop.
Speaker 3: All right, Marvin, what about you? You got your Dion T shirt on.
Speaker 9: I think he's wearing retro don Nikes, and I think he's wearing just casual Colorado jumpsuit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Todd, what about you?
Speaker 11: Colorado Buffalo's cap of some sort, maybe with Coach Prime on the side and one of those I ain't hard to find sweatshirts.
Speaker 5: Might be white, could be great, could be black, but I know he likes to wear that. I ain't hard to find.
Speaker 3: What about your.
Speaker 7: Seaton, Man, my first instinct was to say, sort of like a black on black tracksuit. Yeah, well, I guess I'll stick with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. It feels like white on white on white.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty good guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, maybe with a little uh Colorado gold piping somewhere in there. Uh necklace? Watch what a crucifix?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's kind of his daily wear though too, Like the tracksuit that we're all talking about. Yeah, he there's a big week. You know, you get a lot of eyeballs on a week like this. There might be something with a little more flare too, though IM not saying a suit, but something that really stands out.
Speaker 3: What doesn't Colorado have New Orleans Saints kind of flare to it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do better uniforms though, Yes.
Speaker 3: Colorado or the Saints Coloradoo were those Saints white uniforms with the gold the retro. Yes, those are really sharp, amazing, those are really shark all right, we'll take a break. Deon, we'll join us. Coming up next, we'll get to phone calls, settle on our poll question. Just getting started on this meet Friday here in New Orleans. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind.
Speaker 8: The stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 3: So check us out.
Speaker 8: We like to get you involved too, Take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: We'll settle on a poll question for this first hour. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. All of our in studio guests receive a fantastic gift bag with items from Sonos Trigger Panini, King, Zawaian and Rapid Radios. He joins us every Super Bowl. He's the Hall of Famer two times Super Bowl champ, head coach of the Buffalo's Dion Sanders. Back here in the man k and Roach, we all made the mistake of what he was going to be wearing. We went jeans on jeans there suit it good though, but but no no track suit?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: All right, you gotta you gotta whistle there.
Speaker 6: I'm a coach, so I got a whistle.
Speaker 3: So are you gonna use the whistle during this, uh interview?
Speaker 6: Well, it blows, but I don't plan on blow anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough? How many pairs of shoes do you?
Speaker 6: I haven't taken inventory in quite some time, but it's it's a lot like Jordan's or I'm not a Jordan guy. I'm a prime guy. You're not got my own shoes?
Speaker 3: Did you ever own? Did you ever own?
Speaker 6: Jordan's? Maybe a Paara sol But I love Mike makes my guy. It's kind of different when you know Jordan, you know, like you know, it's a little different. I like, I like what I like. I'm not a big sneaker, everyday guy, but when I do wear tennis shoes mostly were my own.
Speaker 3: What do you take away from Jordan's like.
Speaker 6: Everything, He's the greatest, He's the goat. He's a character, class work, ethic.
Speaker 3: Nothing Lebron could do.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna put another brother down, but lit than another. I'm not doing that. We don't do that now. Both of those guys are Black excellence to me. Both of those guys are on different mountains, and they've reached their pinnacles differently, but certainly they they have reached it. We could compare everybody to them, but not them against one another. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: If I had you in your prime against Travis Hunter now.
Speaker 6: Right, Travis bad boy, I'm not putting Travis down. Travis bad Boy, There's like another sign to me. Travis is a generational type of young man that we may never ever see again. The reason we may never ever see him again because coaches won't allow it, because they can't fathom what they can't do themselves. I did it at an extreme level, so I was able to guide him and lead him and allow him to do it without the risk of jealousy, of envy, or hatred from his teammates. Travis is unbelievable. Travis is the best player in this draft by far.
Speaker 3: Match your challenge his talents.
Speaker 6: I don't match man' I'm that old coach in the corner of the ring, that boxing coach saying left right, left, right, You got it. That's it. I'm not matching nothing. I'm trying to help him exceed anything I would ever fathom, not only on the field, but off the field as well.
Speaker 3: How would you use him if you're an NFL cause.
Speaker 6: I've already showed him how to use him. Why would they defer? I don't you know.
Speaker 3: We've talked to people who've played, you know, either defensive back or wide receiver, saying you have to go to these meetings. Come on, man, I'm just going by what they tell me.
Speaker 6: When is the last time you heard a football player say, boy, that meeting really helped me.
Speaker 3: No, but you have they require you to be at certain places.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I was there for fourteen years. I know the drills. Travis has never been mistaken for an idiot on the football field. He's very intelligent, very intelligent on the field and off the field. Had a four point oh GPA, let's get that straight. So he's a smart young man. He will be prepared for whatever you place in front of him. Generational loves the game, don't party, don't smoke, don't drink. Kind of secludes himself, kind of an introvert is if you should say, but he can play some during.
Speaker 3: Football, but full time dB, full time wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Why not you play an NFL game. It's much slower than the college game. The college game is no huddle, is tempo. We plays that the players are the players that the plays. The pro game is so durned slow. You go into the huddle, you take your time, you call another play. Not only that, you can't touch him, you can't hit him in the secondary. So the risk of being injured is not as such as the college football game. The pro games protects you even more. I think what he does should transnd to the next level. He's already shown them what he could. He's capable of doing. The reason they're saying he can't do both because they never fad them to do both.
Speaker 3: He's deon Sanders. Why does the media want you to coach in the NFL.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say the media. The media is uh. Some people are very kind, some people do clickbait so when you mention my name, that's gonna warrant an opinion. You're not gonna mention my name and not have an opinion. If you say anything and mention me, you're gonna have an opinion. I'm not the kind of guy that's idle that you have nothing to say. And when I walked in, you had an opinion. So that's just the thought that we provoke. So it's not the media. I just think when you look at me, you're based with an opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think the media it allows them. You know, when you talk to your Jones, there was wishful reporting. I think that was attached.
Speaker 6: Jerry is a magnetic man. Just us sitting down hugging each other. He said, right behind me the honors last night, and his beautiful wife. But just he's magnetic. If we talking, hug is going to be a story. Whatever Jerry does is going to be a story. Jerry is the only owner in the NFL that consistently makes you feel as dough his team has a chance to win a Super Bowl every year and you have an opinion about it. What other owner has that that authenticity and that that that attraction. Nobody Jerry's one of a kind man and I love him.
Speaker 3: If he had asked you to interview with the job.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't have to interview. My interview is being played. Why would I have to interview? Like I can you coach you?
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 6: You could watch that. You can see that I'm pretty durn good at what I do. I don't have to interview. You just have to come and this is my staff. This would be my staff. Who do you want me to hold over? Okay, here we go. What we're gonna do? And but I'm more I'm more involved. I'm not gonna just let you build it for me. I need to build it. We need to build it together so so that I could make it. Certain I had a hand in our success, certainly not our failure.
Speaker 3: Did you want to be honesked to coach the Cowboys?
Speaker 6: I love the college football game. I'm built for the college football game at this point in my life. And I'm not doing nothing at that next level with doubt. My sons, everybody know that. Why would I do that? Why would I go coach against my son? Who wants to do that? Who who signs up for that?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 6: I want to go coach against my son. What idiot does that? No, if that was gonna happen, that would be one of the continguencies.
Speaker 3: So if you could coach, okay, So that's the only way.
Speaker 6: If you can. So I've it's always what I've always said. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: How do you prepare for the draft with your So?
Speaker 6: I prepare him. I prepare them for the draft, he and Shallow. I prepare them with the thought process, the language understanding, the room understanding, this is what this team has, this is what the questions that you may want to warrant. But I prepare them as men for the moment, because we're gonna get that moment. The reason you sit up here is because you've been maximizing your moments for how many years now, forty forty years. That's why you're hear because of the moment. So and these guys are all assisting you because they understand how to handle their moments. So I prepare my kids for the moment. So when you ask them a question that you're not gonna catch them off guard. You're not gonna catch them in a vicarious situation because I prepared them for that moment. And I think that's the job.
Speaker 3: Of a father as a father. Are their teams you'd prefer he didn't play for?
Speaker 6: There's a lot of teams I prefer any It's just like I said, aren't their team that you don't want to watch.
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 6: You hit the room money? You just hit the clicker like that, you nern skippy. You're right. It's teams I didn't want to play for, So why wouldn't I want my kids?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Come on, man, I'm a dad, I'm a real dad that has a lot of information about the NFL. I know some folks who know some folks who know some folks in the NFL, and I know what's behind the curtain. So definitely I'm going to lead them in the right direction.
Speaker 3: But how do you how do you navigate that?
Speaker 6: I would meet with them behind the door, closed doors. I would not call them out. I would not put them on front street and talk about their organization because people work too hard to make it right. Instead of a guy like me ignorantly saying something wrong, I would meet with them privately and talk about my concerns so we could have an understanding.
Speaker 3: Has that happened already?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: How many teams?
Speaker 6: Few? I just want to know. I just want to know why. If you don't get your wives answer, you're gonna always be curious in life. I like to get my wives answered because this is this is my guy. I mean, these are my kids. This ain't just a homie a friend. These are my kids.
Speaker 3: Who does Shador remind you of his dad?
Speaker 6: He reminds me of me in a lot of ways. He he he. He's the son that has always been there. Like what I mean by that is like Bucky, my oldest son. He lived with his mother, his mother for a period of time. I was always fathering him, but he didn't stay in the house for a period of time because of separation and divorce. But I want custody of my second set of kids, my second three. But Shador never ventured out, he he. He didn't get mad and get upset and run to mommy and and whatever that would would be. Shador has always consistently been there.
Speaker 3: But just he's been with you you mean, yeah, okay, Yeah, that's what I mean by there. He's I admired his toughness. Yeah uh. He hung in the pocket. But he's not elusive like you. He We don't want their speed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if he was, he was running the ball profusely. You criticized that he's a drop back past it. He's a pre pure pocket per.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't criticize it because we look at Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 6: It was only it's only Lamar won Lamar and Lamar didn't win an MVP award that he should have won last night. So there's always going to be criticism when your gift is exemplified tremendously.
Speaker 3: But Josh Allen runs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you don't criticize him for running. You've never criticized him for running. You've criticized Lamar for running. That's a great analogy. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 3: No, I've criticized Josh Allen because he didn't take care of the football.
Speaker 6: No, a lot of people have.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can only speak for me. You're speaking in generalities. I Lamar Jackson I thought was gonna win the m v P, Thank you. I thought he was going to win the idea too. Josh Allen is taking care of the football this year better, and I thought that was the lamarck.
Speaker 6: No, Okay, both guys are tremendous. We can't put Josh down and lift Lamarrow up. But that MVP trophy I thought was Lamar.
Speaker 3: I would have given it to Saquon Barklay.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, Lamar, Well, because he's here, would you have given it to him if he wasn't here?
Speaker 3: He ran for two thousand yards, he changed their offense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that has been done before. Yeah, multitude of times.
Speaker 3: We're never going to have an MVP be a running back.
Speaker 6: But Lamar, what he did. I forget his statistics, but his turnover was when he had three interceptions or something four interceptions and in what eighteen nineteen games? Yeah, that's crazy, that's absurd. Like what he's doing is what everybody said he couldn't do, and he did it to another level and it still wasn't glorified.
Speaker 3: What if we had the MVP headed out of at the end of the year.
Speaker 6: That's what it should be handed out. That's when all award should be handed out, when the body at work is done.
Speaker 3: So then it's either Mahomes or Saquon Barkley who probably would win them.
Speaker 6: People. Now, that's because they have the lasting impression. That doesn't mean that they're the MVP.
Speaker 3: But that isn't value winning championships.
Speaker 6: Yes, but it's not singlely value that don't make you better because your team is there, you have a better team. It's some guys that could flat out play, but if you put them on a different team, they're wonderful. Example cam Ward, cam Ward and Shador are best of friends. Cam Ward. Last year he probably would have been on a third fourth round draft pick. He goes to Miami. Now he's arguably the first pick. What happened? What changed? Was the scouts wrong or did he go to a better team and get in a better situation or was the scouts wrong?
Speaker 3: Probably both, So let's.
Speaker 6: Say they're wrong. They misdiagnosed him, they misrepresented him, they treated him unfairly. And I love where he is right now. I flat I love it because it make him all look like a fool because last year, you can't tell me this wasn't the same guy. That's the same camp that I knew, that's the same camp as doing this thing. He just has a different uniform on. And I love it.
Speaker 3: If you could change one thing about college football right now.
Speaker 6: It has to be more structure in regards to what was supposed to what was supposedly INIL. It's not in IL. It's collective, it's pay per view. So if I could change something, that would have to be structuring guidelines for these kids. It would be a mimic of the NFL when rookies come in. This is what you could get, this is the maximum. It would be like that for high school kids. Then the college kids that have already proven themselves would be more would have more value. We got to have some type of structure. If not, you're going to see the same teams that's exhausted themselves financially, and the collectives go to the playoffs. Every year you may see two surprises like Arizona State who played phenomenal, and a couple of other teams, but mostly was it Boise State. It played phenomenally, but you know, you get knocked out. So if it's not even if I can't give you what the other team can give you a pay you, it's not evening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if we get to the pro model eventually, where maybe we take the top fifty schools and then we kind of divide them into regions and then.
Speaker 6: That's gonna happen eventually. Yeah, you think it's going and in most schools is probably gonna break away from football is probably gonna break away from the other sports. It's probably gonna be football. Then the other sports have their own ad and it's probably gonna roll like that.
Speaker 3: Uh, you're here. It's almonds and I love it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't just endorse the product to endorse the product. I endorse the product because I believe in it, like you know, being healthy, being fit. You know, I don't have a belt loop, you see, my parents don't have bet loot, so I gotta stay lean and mean. So almonds keeps me right there. Weight wise, My skin is pretty Look at that close up coming close up on me? This skin? Which skin is looking good?
Speaker 3: What's your playing weight?
Speaker 6: And you are now I probably was anywhere from one eighty five to two eight. I'm right now. I'm probably two o fo lex lightly bo Back to my almonds.
Speaker 5: Right here we go.
Speaker 6: I love uh California almonds. I love everything about it. They're a healthy snack because I'm a I'm a fit guy, so I'm a health conscious type of guy. And when I'm starving and when I'm hungry or something, just to have something instead of stopping at a fast food place or whatever to grab something I'm able to pop my almas.
Speaker 3: In almonds dot com. Which team will be serving your son almonds in the.
Speaker 6: That's good, that's good. I don't I don't. I don't know. I think he's gonna go. I don't think I know he's gonna go anywhere from from one to three. I think at the latest and uh last year, leading up to last season, I said that he and Travis probably gonna be one and two or something like that. But it's probably gonna be two and three or one and two, one and three. It's gonna be one of the other. But I'm excited. He's the only quarterback that has had I think seven coordinators. He's the only quarterback that has uh played every game, started every game in high school as well as college except one. He's the only quarterback that you had bragging boast of a running game on an offensive line that has tremendously protected him. He had to do what he had to do. He's the only quarterback that stands and delivers each and don't fault anyone that. I love what this kid is about. He's training right now, he's on the field right now, working out.
Speaker 3: It's almonds dot com. Own your prime. It's right to learn more. It's right. We're in our prime. We got to own your prime. And you got to be healthy.
Speaker 6: Man. You guys gotta think healthy, eat healthy, live healthy. And you guys look good, most of you, most of you. Who doesn't, Well, it's obvious. I think it's obvious.
Speaker 3: Oh, Marvin's got his shades on over there.
Speaker 6: You look good too.
Speaker 5: Oh, Man, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm glad. I'm gladt you're included. I'm glad inclusiveness that I see. Wow, I like that's right. I like the black thing. I appreciate you Dan for that.
Speaker 5: DP didn't need the Ruey room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I already had him, he was hired, he was already in the building.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But you you made sure he was in the day elevated. Yeah, I comploted you should have.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I don't know if he hadn't seen you work, Mark, Maybe get some almonds here?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Does the body good? Does the skin good too?
Speaker 3: Did you see the tragger girls out there?
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something, Man, you're the best gift giver in the game.
Speaker 3: No, you're really upgrade.
Speaker 6: No, you're you're you're good.
Speaker 3: No, but you need an upgrade always.
Speaker 6: Who's gonna say no to drag? All right? Who's gonna say no? Like you? You got it straight? And in my, oh my estate in Texas, they're prominent. Trager is prominent there.
Speaker 3: It's great to seem, great to see.
Speaker 6: I love you, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for stopping.
Speaker 6: Make sure you talk positively about the Sanders boys. Okay, I appreciate that. I will thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: All right, Deon Sanders will take a break. Play of the day coming up now.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine a m. Eastern six a m. Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 8: Wap oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 3: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 6: Check this out.
Speaker 5: He's got it left side.
Speaker 1: See if two defender spots that time, said player. But it's as time. He's taking over. Here are the fourth.
Speaker 6: He has scored sixteen of the last eighteen per Minnesota, and he's going to the strike to try to put the Wolves up by eight.
Speaker 5: With two thirty nine left.
Speaker 3: Courtesy Sports Talk seven ninety Am, Rockets Radio Networks, ant Man forty one points and uh that's back to back forty point games for him as they beat the Rockets from twenty seven to one fourteen. That's your play of the day. Play of the day brought to you by Keeper's Heart. A new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskies, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskies. If you're a whiskey fan, you got to try it. Please drink responsibly. If you're watching on Peacock, we just showed you the conclusion I believe of the match. The front row, back row, and it was seating, and it was Fritzy, and it was Marvin Pauling, And if I was going to hand out MVP, it would be none other than Todd Fritz. Now about a round of A plus US for Fitzing. Yeah, uh, it was supposed to be best of three. They didn't need that. It was it was quick, quick work by the uh, the guys in the back row. Todd, congratulations on being the best pickleball player of the dann.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Yeah, I had a good time.
Speaker 6: It was great.
Speaker 3: Who do you think was the worst playing Dannet in your opinion.
Speaker 5: Since you're the m v P, I'm going to give it to my man Prince. But it was close.
Speaker 3: So Marvin was the worst pickleball player.
Speaker 5: Not by significant Margine, not by line.
Speaker 3: Okay, Marvin, congratulations on being the least valuable pickleball player.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: People have said, you know, among the great Jewish athletes of all time, where.
Speaker 6: Do you rank?
Speaker 5: Wow, You're put me in that category.
Speaker 3: And I said, well, Sandy Kofax, Hank Greenberg, David Eckstein, that that's.
Speaker 5: The big juke and he's not.
Speaker 3: Rod Carew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he converted Cic the Adam Sandlosong.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you, I would say, we'd probably put you in there among the greatest Jewish anthems.
Speaker 5: I think that group is probably very uncomfortable that they would be. They'd have me and their group of.
Speaker 3: Like Sandy Kopax is watching now in Florida and probably going, wait, Fritz, look at what I did with the Dodgers. Yes, Paulie, we're lucky herschel Walker's.
Speaker 5: Not on that list, you Grandpa Hershey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dolph maybe Dolphshas we could throw him in there as well. But great Jewish athletes of all time.
Speaker 5: Offensive to the rest of the group that actually accomplished something.
Speaker 3: We're very offensive to a lot of groups, very very number.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: Always great to have Dion in. I mean he comes in and it's a that's a tourtive force when he walks in. If you were going to have a TV show, you would create a Dion stand like you would create Jerry Jones. If I said, hey, you're going to have an NFL show, all right, give me the characters. Well, we're gonna have owner and he's gonna be like Jerry Jones. You gotta have a star and he's gonna be like Dione. It's already central casting there with those guys, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 9: With all those characters. How come they haven't done a mini series on the nineties Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Thirty for thirty since it's been thirty years. Thirty for thirty thirty.
Speaker 9: Maybe with the Cowboys, I mean maybe not even thirty for thirty, but a dramatized version of the nineties Cowboys. What Michael Irving, Deon Sandersen, Troy, Nate Newton, the Lrrick Williams.
Speaker 10: The White House. Yes, Paulie, ask a little NFL news here for you. Dan, as we talked about earlier in the week. According to the Pittsburgh Steelers, we will be playing the NFL's first ever regular season game in Dublin, Ireland's twenty twenty five Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: Okay, non surprised there. The Rooney family their relationship with Ireland, and they'll be playing in Dublin. That's a great stadium. When we went there for Notre Dame and Navy as a wonderful stadium.
Speaker 2: Yes, Pam, I think it's a different place.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not there.
Speaker 10: I have this at Croke Park in Dublin, not the is it the Aviva Stadium?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Croke Park was actually like just down the street, and it's like a legendary venue.
Speaker 2: It's a great spot across the River Liffey from where we were staying.
Speaker 7: Who plays in Croke That's where the hurling team plays. I think I think that's a hurling stadium, but I have to I had to have to check.
Speaker 2: I think I hurled over there by the way.
Speaker 3: I think Dylan is a member of the hurling team Dylan and Ray last night. From what I'm told, the answer is yes, Yes, I guess Dan or a Loomsky and booger McFarland from the Mothership. Will John is coming up next hour. I hope you'll stay with us, Dan and the Dana at Stan Patrick Show.