Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Salers Podcast with your host. Now fuck that with your loaw glasses, Malone, My man Jobs back in the house.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Jobs is really an incredible uh podcaster, one of my favorite people to have a conversation with because he definitely gonna get to it and he gonna ask you the hard question, tell him the name of your podcast job Intellectually. I'm gonna get Charlotte Maine, who is the president of this network on intellectually Petty Radio for him and Job to have a conversation because I think it'll be an explosive conversation and that's that's the goal, because it's all about, like me and Pete talked about handling people dreams last week, you know what I mean, making sure we try to help make other people's know what they want to happen come true. You know what I'm saying, whether it's a dream or not. My niece asked me something and it blew me away. Shout up to my niece DJ and a really smart, smart, smart young.
Speaker 4: Woman lower right. For those of you who are wondering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you and if you're not watching, because this ain't a live stream, this is DJA, introduce yourself. I don't really do this on those sillings, but I'm a doer for DJNA.
Speaker 3: Well, my stage name is Nay only my mother calls me Djna. My family calls me Nana, but you can call me Nay. I'm just a person that just does a lot of cool stuff. I even put myself in a box. But yeah, me and my uncle have these conversations because I really have faith in the intellect of the world. But I think I'm just starting to realize that people are just stupid.
Speaker 5: And I have to be.
Speaker 3: Okay with people just being stupid, but I just be like, why are not using your brain?
Speaker 5: So I'm working on my own show, trying to learn the live.
Speaker 3: Stream and stuff called cultural conversations, and we're just gonna explore that, you know, Avenue, white people are just really stupid.
Speaker 5: It just frustrates me. It really frustrates me.
Speaker 4: That's great, It's like my favorite things.
Speaker 6: Man. I don't think people are stupid.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's things people are stupid, silence things, people are stupid, pete things people are stupid.
Speaker 3: I don't people are really stupid, and because I have faith, I have faith in them like y'all, not like God gave y'all that brain.
Speaker 5: I have faith, But every I just get disappointed every.
Speaker 1: Time I bought my man, Joey west Side to get in on this conversation.
Speaker 6: So we got to take our time.
Speaker 1: Joey west Side one third or the one ten super group out of the West Coast, one half of the La Gihnson, just an overall good brother. And of course me and Peter here this is no siblings right here, you know what I mean. And we're finna get to it really easy. My niece Pete was asking me, so back to that point before we get for it. I think people are distracted. I don't think people are stupid. I don't think they're incapable of learning. Pete disagrees with me. I understand, but people are not incapable of learning. It just takes different work to teach different people certain things, and it's not easy. We don't all learn the same way, and it's just not fair, but we don't. But people aren't stupid, they're just distracted. Their own life makes it makes it really tough for them to listen, you know, what I mean. So it's hard for people to let alone iq intellect. Rather, it's something that's like a gift that ain't even normal. Everybody don't have intellect, you know what I'm saying. So I try my best not to really, you know what I mean, focused on that because I focused on trying to teach people. But my niece asked me something Pete that I thought was crazy, and it was something that Jobs told me before too, because me and Jobs had this incredible conversation again y'all check it out, but we were talking about blackness and it was something to that effect of what being black is all about, and I had critigue for somebody in their pursuit of highest excellency peep of blackness. He was like, well, how are you gonna say something You're a crip? And it threw me off so crazy because I was like, well, what does that mean that I'm a crypt and you know, are black. That's not the point he was saying, because obviously the stigma and the misinformation about crips. There is some validity to some of the conversation, but there's a lot of misinformation. And my niece brought it up to me again She was like, why do people think gang members are stupid? And I just thought that that made for a great conversation because this is one of those misconceptions where I brought Jobs, because Jobs is somebody that is from Detroit and he understands, you know, he has a very outside perspective of gangs. Pete, even though you're from Orange County, you still kind of know gangsters, you know what I mean. You know, actually some pretty high level guys.
Speaker 7: Joey.
Speaker 1: You grew up in the smack dead middle of South Central in the eighties, you know what I'm saying, and in the eightieth Street area of Los Angeles, right, So it's like you have a perception from being close enough to it, you know what I mean. And then obviously my niece is the same, and I've ta'ma crypt, so I have all insight information. So I thought this would be a great conversation for people to listen to. Yeah, what do you think, Nana is the greatest misconception of people thinking that I'm a crypt?
Speaker 6: Means what exactly?
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of hard because we all grew up in the same house, so I like, it was a long time before I actually knew what I was doing. I think like Robert had got like shot or something before I knew, like, oh my gosh, they're gang bangers, you know what I mean? So y'all are not like spooky, Oh I'm gonna scare you, Rob Like that's not how it works. And you know, I'm a spiritual girl. He So it's like war and tribalism skims way beyond the streets. So I think that movies and and like society has painted this picture of what a gang banger is, and that LA has like this, we have the best marketing in branding for gangs. So people have the stereotype and it's like, no, these are people who are like humans, multifaceted people. They're like intelligent, like y'all didn't wake up one day and say, oh I want to grow up and be a crip, like you know what I mean, Like y' are humans yet?
Speaker 5: Right? So I just so confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Josh, what do you see y'all? As you know, because you from you're out of Detroit. You you obviously you know, maybe you got a decade on me in wisdom and time.
Speaker 6: You've been on this earth a little longer.
Speaker 2: Damn old in fact, nigga, and I disagree with y'all.
Speaker 6: That is not what I said. I am, I don't care, No I did. It's not Oh, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You have a decade on me for sure, being on this earth, so you know more than me. What do you disagree like? What do you feel people like? What do you think game? What do you think it means to be a gang member?
Speaker 2: It means it made a bad decision in life?
Speaker 6: Did you yes? What's the decision? You mad?
Speaker 2: Give me the lifespan your average game banker that doesn't include prison?
Speaker 6: Oh, I've heard my whole life. Twenty five is the number.
Speaker 2: But I think average gang banker that you're familiar with in your city, your area of your community, that doesn't include death or prison.
Speaker 6: You said, what's the lifespan?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: How about this? What's the percentage? What's the percentage of fact, never get killed?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, no, that that number got to be very minute. That number gotta probably be like fifteen percent.
Speaker 2: If your wife is a business, how is becoming a crypt a good business decision? You don't become a crypto. That's why jobs you There are there are rules, No, there is there is an initiation. No it's a decision you make.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they so they come, they come kick your door in at three o'clock in the morning and say, nigga, you cripping.
Speaker 4: So of the residents and neighborhoods that have a gang a tribute to that neighborhood geographic area are members.
Speaker 6: Yeah for the most part.
Speaker 4: Please come on, bro okay, come on, come on, like really, come.
Speaker 6: On, it's new on.
Speaker 2: They have to abide by the gooniness of other niggas.
Speaker 6: Is no gooniness or nothing.
Speaker 2: Yr niggas is telling niggas in your neighborhood you can't do certain shit nigga because you live near me.
Speaker 6: That's not true.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me.
Speaker 6: That's not how it goes.
Speaker 2: You're gonna tell me that some nigga in your set is okay to openly disagree with the crips and agree with the Bloods or whatever whoever your ops are. No nigga, y'all gonna move that nigga in certain ways.
Speaker 6: What do you mean to agree with them?
Speaker 2: Just what I said? What do you mean you don't have the option, as Joe Blow citizen to say fuck the crips and you live in a crypt neighborhood.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's like saying jobs. If somebody living next door to you they said, uh, fuck black.
Speaker 2: People, I'm not gonna go beat them up niggas.
Speaker 6: That's a lie. No, I'm not as you will.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm fifty two years old or nobody in your neighbor black people. Nobody in your neighborhood would beat them up if they said.
Speaker 6: Fuck black people.
Speaker 2: Not in my neighborhood.
Speaker 6: No, so nobody where you grew up at the old white.
Speaker 2: Dude next door to me. Man, No, no, not a brass as they come, and we know that.
Speaker 1: Not fifty two year old jobs, twenty two year old jobs. Let's say a white man moved next to your house and said, you know what, fuck niggers. That's why I met with it. I don't want niggers on my grass at twenty two. Yes, I agree with you exactly.
Speaker 2: That's a four business decision on my part, though I allowed this man to control my energy to lead me in a position that's not conducive to be me being successful long term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, But again, poverty means success doesn't dictate everything. That's not the reason to be alive. Like the reason to be alive is not business. The reason to be alive is not all of these things that we decide we want to live for, because it could mean probably would be selling out a lot of things.
Speaker 6: What do you stand for? Okay, if you just stand for hey.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I just want to make a lot of money, you know what I mean. There's a lot of different decisions we can all make. But let's go back to.
Speaker 3: We have to go into like how do people view like the Black Panther Party, Like how do people you other types of groups? Are militias are gains? Like are is going to the army of bad business decisions?
Speaker 1: A great business decision because it's legal, Like does the presidents of state said everything you think is right and wrong?
Speaker 8: The legal the legalities definitely play a part in that. For sure, the fact that it's legal, people will say it's a good decision.
Speaker 1: But at that point in you have to behest of whatever the state tells you is correct, which at one time.
Speaker 8: The period any people feel like the law is right no matter what, because it's the rules. It's like, it's the rules of the world, So why wouldn't you follow them if you know you're gonna get in trouble if you don't follow them.
Speaker 1: But benefit though, and peach point is is simple, right, And I'm gonna make peak point. The laws are what most people or the idea of society come together and said, these are the rules. In all fairness, the rules don't fit everybody, They're not designed too. So then why would so as a person that lives his life outside of the law, why would I be stupid? Or why is it bad business?
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this. I'm sorry, Pete, but you're you're a gang member, you got stripes, niggas love you, you got all the respect, the women crazy for you, and then your girl gets pregnant. And in that instance, are you saying, damn, I hope my son grows up to be a great crip.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want to raise him in the same community.
Speaker 5: Well some people have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't sure you.
Speaker 4: There's a connotation with that though, that's not possive.
Speaker 6: But again, again, these are economic things.
Speaker 4: Like it's not an economically good decision.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm saying these are the economic side of it. It's actually a fantastic economic decision. That's another thing.
Speaker 4: It's not a short sighted economic decisions.
Speaker 6: No, it's long term.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 6: It is not period one of the greatest long term decisions I ever made.
Speaker 4: Get you, you're very very rare.
Speaker 1: Again, how the type of persons, not the anomaly, the type of person you are determines a type of crip you're going to be. So again, some things that we are blaming on cripping is more an indication of somebody being a dick. Like right, it's like just because like being a crip or a blood or POWERU is an outlaw organization. They don't advocate like the sexual sort of women. That's not accepted. Like there are still standards that you are supposed to live with.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Bro, I'm telling you the truth.
Speaker 8: So that's not it happens butt that y'all go to parties.
Speaker 2: Ya y'all not feeling up on the ass.
Speaker 4: Up even even removing that Like that's really.
Speaker 3: Like I just told my uncle the other day, the only time I never felt safe in Watts was when there was like a child molester. I never not felt safe in Watts with knowing gang bangers from all different hoods, I never not feel safe. But if I knew it was somebody who was kidnapping kids or something. That's when I didn't feel safe scary. But I'm saying I grew up in a house full of gang bangers and I never, not once, not.
Speaker 7: Long to them. Because your family is your friends.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Two items like with regard to like the military parallel, there is amidst the conflict of military usage and dispersement. While there are civilian casualties, there are also civilian beneficiaries. I don't see a decent scale of civilian beneficiaries to gang banging. Usually the beneficial juries are consolidated to the membership. Additionally, there's a difference between you not feeling safe being around a neighborhood full of gang bangers and for the gang bangers themselves not to be exposed to an enormous amount of risk for the participation within the activities.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, you don't you feel very safe and watch you should feel safe period. However, I drop you in Compton if and I'm an outsider, I just see shit on TV. Compton is more more bloods.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's more crips and lost only place in Los Angeles, in the County of Los Angeles that has more bloods is Inglewood.
Speaker 2: We'll say you. I'll drop you off from Inglewood at three o'clock in the morning with a blue rag glued to your forehead. Do you feel safe?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really, you're an anomaly because the rest of us are scared shit.
Speaker 3: Because I have this idea that gang bangers are Boogeyman and that's what they are.
Speaker 2: No, I have this idea that they subscribe and practice what they say they do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but but but what that?
Speaker 2: Huh? Why would you just I should assume y'all lions?
Speaker 5: Why would they mess with you? Though? Like? What? What? Why?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 6: His question to me.
Speaker 1: He's saying, if, as a crip, if I went over there with a blue rag and I went to Inglewood, could there be a problem.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I've been pressed by gang bangers before just shopping.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: But I would have I would have the same problem though, jobs if I went to Russia and I had an American flag glued on my head, I would have that same problem you would.
Speaker 2: How do you actually think, though, that cripping is a country?
Speaker 6: It is? My country is my nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your country is the size of Detroit.
Speaker 6: Facts, but does that means that I have us.
Speaker 2: The rest of us have a view that y'all niggas participated in giving.
Speaker 6: Us no no I think, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, So remember Hollywood painted the picture like Hollywood painted the picture of what you know about gangs, and then there's the actual nuance of gangs. So where colors said, hey, it's blue versus red, and maybe to some degree, I ironically, there's.
Speaker 4: Certain lines where that's true. There's certain lines where it's not true.
Speaker 1: Depends on twenty pete when you think about it, because bloods didn't really pick up red rags until maybe the late seventies, you know what I mean. The whole idea of red versus blue is explained really loosely. It's heightened and condensed right for people to get what's going on, but it's not actually nuanced to say that the relationship between communities. Look, one thing I don't want to do on this podcast is to defend gang banging. That's that's not the point. If you grow up in poor communities, poor people bond together, create these crews, and they don't care about what the laws say. They gonna make something of their life. That's as simple as a gang is. That's all it is that's.
Speaker 2: A fraction of our community. Most poor people work, pay their taxes and die. Sure, so they don't rob anybody. They don't tell nobody.
Speaker 1: Don't think rob Robin Robin has nothing to do with gangs.
Speaker 6: That's not a part of the function. That's just.
Speaker 2: You don't have to rob what. Let me ask you this. Let's say you guys are the nicest people in the history of nice niggas. Why do you ask people where they're from?
Speaker 6: Because they could be a threat to my existence and asking them a question? Yes, would you you know if I can if I understand.
Speaker 4: Threat to me or not?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Simple?
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 2: You assume a threat. You don't ask a threat.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the fairness of cripping. I don't like cripping is to ask you are you a threat? Are you a part of a community.
Speaker 4: That's like, no one asked me where I'm from. I get asked, do you know where you're at? That's what I get asked. I don't get asked where you're from?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the closest I got to get rolled up on hard You know this is the liquor store on Confident ninety second. Oh yeah, about one fifty eight with some girl from one hundred and thirteenth trying to get a bottle.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I was like they though I was.
Speaker 4: I was about to leave my car with her in it. I was gonna clock the first guy because I seen him coming in, and I'm like, they're gonna fuck me on the way out, and they kind of like, get by the doors. I'm coming out. I'm like, I'm gonna clock the first guy on the right, booking around the corner.
Speaker 2: I'm one year out of college, I'm.
Speaker 7: Out of there.
Speaker 4: And as I walk out, the police pulled into the lots, so it didn't have to do it. And I was still concerned about the police because I was already tossed.
Speaker 6: As soon as I pull off, they gonna pull me over. And to give you a drunk driving might be worse. No jobs, So okay, you don't go ahead.
Speaker 2: How much.
Speaker 4: Net worth money from downward asset value pressure on real estate has that created for all the homeowning residents in the greater South Central area over the years.
Speaker 1: Again, I think it's disingenuous to blame gang banging versus crack. Gang banging is what ruined it, because one thing gang banging never did was ruin one nine. Know you know you're familiar with the Dilamo area. I ain't got to tell you, Pete. You you be around Joey, you know about Delamo, Niece, you know about Guardina. There's gangs there, but the property do not lose an inch of value because.
Speaker 5: It's hard to say that Downy has freaking more time.
Speaker 3: I mean, big old mansions and there's gangs and Downy's like there's a whole.
Speaker 1: There's there's gangs in this particular area of Corson that we call Dilamo.
Speaker 6: Right, we're head and Jason Cash and all those.
Speaker 5: Guys mostly houses.
Speaker 1: Over there, the beautiful city. So again, gangs don't be value that if.
Speaker 4: You were to compare price per square footage there to other places, I'll tell you right now, white money is not going there, and that's most of the money.
Speaker 1: Well they watch now He's right, not really, you know what. You're making a great point, But it's not because they don't. They're not going there because crips and bloods are there. They not going there, Pete, because black people there.
Speaker 4: They view the two as being largely intertwined.
Speaker 6: Irresponsible in cowardice.
Speaker 4: You got it might be it might be that, but it's it's the truth.
Speaker 7: The truth of the matter is, you look at but.
Speaker 4: Johns didn't make it that way.
Speaker 5: Hold up.
Speaker 1: But the goal is also not to have white people come into the community to raise the value.
Speaker 4: Why would you not want to make money.
Speaker 2: The goal is really niggas not devaluing the community.
Speaker 6: But they they never did devalue the community.
Speaker 2: They cracked devalue in the community.
Speaker 4: No, that's not true, because it is.
Speaker 5: It is not.
Speaker 7: I'll prove that it's not.
Speaker 5: How are you serious, Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Will, yes, absolutely, yes, because you can go back and look at the trend of what was going on there relative to other areas in the decade preceding that.
Speaker 2: Where okay, but no, you're discounting the bullshit they pulled financially with the red lining and and all that ship like. You can't discount that because all of that ship before crack, Like, I'm winning the crack fucked us up. However, you can't hide your hand, bro y'all. Niggas had a lot to do with that.
Speaker 6: That's not true.
Speaker 4: I'm pressing that.
Speaker 2: They used the gangs. I would believe.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, they did not use the gangs. They use brothers period.
Speaker 1: That's not jobs. Can't do is tell me that criss and bloods is what the value or was used to push crack outside of every other brother around this country.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, at any point in the in the height of the gang era, could a random nigga stand on your block and sell dope without approval?
Speaker 7: Dealers? Are the dope users?
Speaker 2: The dope dealer?
Speaker 6: No, No, you have to be a part of the community to monetize it.
Speaker 2: That's so you can't sit up hereymous though.
Speaker 1: But hold on, Trump doesn't want you to earn in this country right now if you're not a citizen. Okay, So then what would be the difference based off of nation based concept a group of people trying to monetize the situation together.
Speaker 6: Why is it wrong that.
Speaker 4: Are being paid to be here? So that's different you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm saying Trump is trying to get rid of all that, right, and I can't disagree because I respect both concepts.
Speaker 6: I respect the.
Speaker 1: Fault the sense of humanitarian and democrats and liberals by saying everybody could come here and make a living, and I respect the conservative mind of the current or of coming in party where They're like, no, you need to come in the correct way. Either way, I'm fine with it. But what I'm saying the jobs is no, gang banging had nothing to Okay, I can't say completely nothing, but it is not because I'm not sure, so I don't want to stand on the hill. But I know for sure based off the economics and warehouses was priced that and watching price curves. It happened way before gang banging it and it owns only since gang banging went up, it didn't.
Speaker 6: It never went down. It went up.
Speaker 1: Did it go up slower in places when crack It was around the mid eighties when crack, Remember gang banging wars started to happen because of crack money. Yes, like people couldn't afford them type of guns and weaponry in the in the in the seventies, they it wasn't a big gang violence. Like the biggest thing that happened in the seventies or one of the most talked about things is when they beat this guy up for his leather jacket in Hollywood and he died because they they beat him up, Like he died because of the fight.
Speaker 2: Crack didn't really jump off to the.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: So again, so again, that's that's when the that's when the property started to devalue.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you that. Like I agree with the devaluating part. I do. I agree, you know, like I agree. My point is is even before the gangs were heavily into celling it themselves, you had to pay a tax. It's the same thing, bro, It's just were you not supposed to have.
Speaker 6: To do pay a tax to live in this country?
Speaker 2: If you don't have to pay your talks to break the.
Speaker 6: Law, let's why would you think you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Why would you think you should?
Speaker 1: That's you paid so you feel like it's okay if the Uncle Sam extorts you. But if you mad if the community saying, hey, the same thing applies.
Speaker 2: To shoot back at y'all niggas true. As long as you can back at Uncle Sam, I'm gonna lose that.
Speaker 7: Question.
Speaker 4: While it is enormously financially and efficient tax system to public services apparatus, and I believe me, that's the service the understatement of the centry. But what would you say the localized public services are to non members proliferated by gangs via taxes and earnings earned by gangs.
Speaker 6: Nobody makes people that don't earn it illegally pay taxes.
Speaker 4: Not to understand that, But what are you doing with the taxes?
Speaker 6: No, again, you just won't be over here selling drugs. You don't get text.
Speaker 4: What are you doing with the revenue? Then? What services are being offered to the non members in the community via the revenue.
Speaker 1: They're not offering anything to the non members. Okay, yeah, but but the members themselves, because remember, everybody's a member. So even if somebody is not, like Joey is not from a tree, but Joey's from Atrey. I always tell him this right, No, he's not an a tra No, he never did the thought of initiation. Yes, he never had to go shoot a gun at somebody. But these are his family and friends. Rest is sure. If Joey is there every day he goes to the store and somebody jumps on one of his friends, he's gonna stand up for his friend and they'll be in a fight together. He's not gonna be like, no, what I am not a part of this gang. I'm not doing That's pretty much everybody that grows up and said, community.
Speaker 4: Joey, what's up? Would you feel comfortable jumping on the verse and outwardly repping that you are eight trade gangster crypt No. No, okay, so then you're not a member.
Speaker 6: That's not hold on.
Speaker 8: I just said I know, I know what you Yeah, I know what you're saying, but technically no, But culturally yes, I represent. I represent where I grew up there. And when I represent that where I grew up, the streets I grew up on, the section I was in, and I mentioned certain things that's in that area, then people will be like, oh, that nigga from a tray where you grew up.
Speaker 4: At up there. Sure, but that's different than saying the other part.
Speaker 3: But that's just like kind of like at Howard, I didn't pledge Divine nine, but Howard is the mecca for all divine nine. So I have I know all the information, but I'm not.
Speaker 6: That is not the.
Speaker 2: Same thing because it's niggas in a trade that he don't like this niggas bretniggas that that's in that neighborhood that could get beat the fuck up tomorrow and that neighborhood would not lose one ounce of sleep.
Speaker 6: That's the same for me.
Speaker 2: There's certain people that see the community trying to make it seem like that everybody is a member. No, nigga, everybody is not a member.
Speaker 5: That's not, that's not, that's not I don't think that's not.
Speaker 7: That's not.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's just.
Speaker 3: It's like a certain thing where it's like you just grow grow up a certain way. It's not so much that everybody is a member.
Speaker 5: What I was saying is.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not a I'm not a part of Divine nine, but I know a lot of information about it because I went to school.
Speaker 5: I was indoctrinated into the.
Speaker 6: Certain friends or divine nines.
Speaker 1: If somebody gives her a favorite that went there, they're gonna be a Divine nine. So culturally, that's how she raised. I'm not saying, listen, when we're saying it's everybody a member, are you saying it's everybody in the infantry. No, No, everybody's not in the infantry part of whatever that community is. But everybody's from the community, and the community selected that title.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Jobs Like, everybody in America is an American, you know what I mean. We all don't join the military, we all ain't going to bust a gun, but you're an American and there is a sense of responsibility in being an American, and when people don't have that sense of responsibility, it is questioned standardly amongst Americans. Well, it's the same things in our communities, right, Like Joey is not an a trade gangster cryp, he is not a part of the infantry, but because he grew up in the territory that is known as the a trade gangs, the crypts, there is a level of responsibility that comes with it. Now, it doesn't mean he's an infantry man. No, he's not a jar head. Nope, he's not going to shoot. No, you don't have a problem with most sixties. But culturally the way he grew up, that is going to be he's going to have a disdain for certain communities because they killed his friends growing up.
Speaker 6: People going to have a disdain for him because of where he grew.
Speaker 1: Up at and for the rest of his life he'll be mending that bridge. And then again, even that concept is loose because most people from even the arch rivals or arch enemies of the sixties, they're friends. Joey has friends that grew up in Rolling sixties that are Rolling sixty game members. Some of the people from the infantry of the a Trade games and crypts have really close friends that are from the Rolling Sixties, that are infantry members of the Rolling Sixties. So again it's just loose job. So there's the perception of what cripping is, and then there's the real thing. The real thing is way more nuanced. I'm not trying to argue with Colors. I'm not trying to argue with Boys in the Hood. Those are movies that are indoctrinated in people around this country. But sure, Pete, you have been around me enough to know, and you see me in the room with bloods that there is a nuance relationship that goes way and far beyond than the generalness of what people saying that cripping in blood is.
Speaker 4: On thousand percent, it seems like this is an attempt to launder the assessment through semantical nuance.
Speaker 6: That but you could not.
Speaker 1: Again, nuance matters, It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter to the general mind.
Speaker 2: You're making it seem like the community voted for crips. They didn't. Crips bullied their way into dictating the thought price.
Speaker 6: That's not Communities.
Speaker 7: Over years and some don't bother everybody the.
Speaker 2: Women to hold on. At some point in the history of crips, there was ten niggas, yes, and those ten niggas were such a small percentage of that community that whatever they said did not dictate the lives of the rest of the community. And the rest of the community appreciated that shit. The niggas grew to a thousand and start telling niggas, you can't wear this in this neighborhood. Start writing shit on the walls. This is our neighborhood. And so the niggas that didn't want to deal with that ship move they dictated by bullying a thought process over years.
Speaker 4: Bro as a question real quick, Yeah, like from my understand there's Detroit has blessing cripts, now right they do know, Yeah, you're a little bit of a older guy. Yeah, I mean I don't mean like that, but like when you were growing up, if you okay, So so just like, yes, I'm sure that there was that happening in Detroit, given the way Detroit kind of you know, it has its own struggles. So so how would you define like that early stage development and kind of how the environment and everything was in Detroit versus Los Angeles where it's a little bit more maybe brand organized or whatever else, Like just in general speaking.
Speaker 6: How do you define your conflicts?
Speaker 2: It was all money, money based.
Speaker 6: What money phased was it was it people was.
Speaker 2: Less, it was less. It was less street based or territory based. In the beginning, it was more who got money, getting money? Who can I get with to get this many birds or whatever the case. Maybe it was never really an allegiance except for the young boys incorporated when I was in middle school. These guys had dominated the I mean from from from the east to the west, north to the south, and they sold heroin, and they sold a lot of it, and they had rules to the game. And it was a lot of them that is that followed those rules, and that was our gang culture. But it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Really what I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna tell you The problem with that thought job and I don't want to cut you off because Detroit shit is fire, But that's just disingenuous. I had conflicts amongst communities all the time.
Speaker 6: Now, just like real quick.
Speaker 4: Like say after that, I'm sure there's like a bit of a decentralized power vacuum of sorts because I'm guessing that they got feded out, so that kind of broke up. So in that period of time when the chips are falling, Yeah, so how would that have?
Speaker 2: It just never took hold like gangs until recently, like you would.
Speaker 6: Have What do you mean like gangs until recently?
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Because people I know before we do that.
Speaker 6: But what makes the click different than the gang.
Speaker 2: Just the numbers, the numbers and the discipline. What's like this? What do you think I've never been to I've never been to La, so I don't know the gang culture from what you understand what I've seen like and I don't want to. I don't want people to think that I think the gangs are the worst thing.
Speaker 6: Ever, it's not wrong to think that gangs are the worst thing.
Speaker 2: That's there's there's some good things about gangs.
Speaker 6: We don't have to say that, say that. We've got to say.
Speaker 2: That, But I don't want people But what I noticed was the discipline and how there was a clear structure in each neighborhood, and the neighborhoods were a lot bigger than our neighborhoods. There was a clear struct sure who was leading you couldn't do certain things, like from a safety standpoint. It had its benefits as long as you about it by their rules, and their rules were actually pretty necessary, so there was a benefit to that, and Detroit was kind of lacking that outside of the young boys. When it starts splintering, it was just a bunch of niggas, like, it'll be fifteen niggas here we live on school Craft, It'll be twenty niggas here, we live on six miles or you know, it wasn't a thousand niggas.
Speaker 6: It's not a thousand niggas.
Speaker 9: It's way more than a thousand crips. But not saying every set has a thousand niggas.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying, but I'm saying, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. Though the sixties and the h trade crips have some rules that are in common.
Speaker 9: Correct, No, none of their rules are similar.
Speaker 2: There are no rules, so there's no rule.
Speaker 1: No, Like I'm being honest with you, job like every last person creates the standard of expectation.
Speaker 6: They're not rules. There's nothing specifically.
Speaker 1: Okay, the rule that's the rule is a criminal rule, right, anybody that breaks a crime, you can't tell. And then there's things that will create social or cultural currency within the rankings, but there is nothing specifically that will get you booted out of it except regular like messing with somebody grandma would get you kicked out to set. Like even okay, it's no rule that you got to help your homie if you getting jumped, right, if he getting jumped. There's no rules say you got to help your friend. You know what happened, You lose cultural cachet. Certain people could jump on you, certain people could stop messing with you. You lose cultural cachet. No different than it would be in Detroit.
Speaker 4: I think maybe one of the differences between Detroit and is the intergenerationality of it. Yeah, where maybe that lends itself and I think on the positive side, and you do see this in a lot of cases more maybe so with some of the larger like Mexican gangs or whatever. Like when you know, when m S gets to an area there is it does regulate down conflict, you know, yeah, to a degree. And at the same time, but also the intergenerationality I was going to say, like might compromise the degree to which it's voluntary ish, Yeah, I mean, listen, gangs didn't create poverty in the community, right, and and even like let's go back to the to a point she was making jobs about crypts, like right, yeah, there's so many crypts and you feel like they start pushing their will on the community.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Their families. Remember everybody's family is these are families. These are kids, So they're not that disconnected from their kids. They just start pushing they like they didn't push they will on the community. Like nobody like like you can't break into certain houses in my neighborhood, Like if people lived in that community, like older black people, there are certain places you will not mess with in that community because.
Speaker 6: That could get you beat up.
Speaker 1: It's not a rule, but that is somebody that one of the homies love a lot of them, so certain people you can't.
Speaker 3: There some type of morality in in there, like some type of inte.
Speaker 6: Huge morality, Yeah, huge moity.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't see because like a lot of people's idea of gangs came from what they see on TV. So it's like, you know, this is what I think, but my stances is like at the end of the day, these people are still human. Like they don't go around walking around like, oh I'm a crip, I'm wearing blue, I got a gun, I would shoot you, I will rob you.
Speaker 5: Like that's not.
Speaker 1: Much different than that. So cripping is more of an adjective than a verb. Like, honestly, when people say gang banging, gang banging is not hitting somebody up right, when you know where you're from, that's not gag banging. That's called set tripping, right, So it's like gang banging is like everything you do. It's how you carry yourself. It's how you behave as a man, right, it's everything about your existence. It requires nothing like if you start snatching old lady pursus like one hundred and seventeenth Street, niggas is gonna beat you up because that's probably somebody on to your grandmother.
Speaker 6: It is not cool. Now, if it's a stranger, certain homies may not.
Speaker 1: They'll turn the blad eye because again these are poor minds, glasses, locans. Certain other homies would be pressurable. Ay, homie, don't get that lady back or shit. So again, the type of man you are determines the type of crip you're going to be. It's not like cripping influences you to do anything but stand up and be a man. And again, I don't want to push it. I'm telling you the truth, Josh. It's saying the law is not the ultimate judge of what's right and wrong. That's the problem, right, because we do live in a society and we all agree that these are the law. But again, I find specifically my sanctity and the thought of it by knowing that this country has never set up laws to be fair to.
Speaker 6: People that look like me and comfort where I come from.
Speaker 1: But there is no rule that says you have to behave in immorlly none. If you rape girls, you will get beat up you. If you rape somebody, little sister, people will kill you. They will murder you. If you start killing homies unjustly, they will sanction and murder you. You have to behave to a moral standard. That's the expectation.
Speaker 2: It's not a rule.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that says, hey, you know what, if you do this, this is the this is the thing. If you snitch on somebody, you may not get killed, you may get beat up every time people see you, and you just stop coming around because you don't want to get beat up. So I'm telling you the truth. Jobs, there's the reality, and then there's a exception. Now I'm not I agree with you, right. Obviously, if I was to have a child, I would not want to raise my child in the same poverty I grew up in. It's not so much the gangs, it's just a poverty, right, the mindset of poverty. I wouldn't even want to raise my child to be an outlaw like his father, because I understand the risk in my existence. But again, how can a black man in this country have anything to say crazy about an outlaw in this country is beyond me. Like you know the history of how people treat right now, we're just looking at jay Z. I told everybody I said, if you didn't, I told people, I said, look, if you don't stand up for Diddy, there's no reason me and Pete said it. Pize's white man from you know, family for Midaly. If you are allowing people to mistreat Diddy, charge one person with a Racketeering Organization Act a RICO. They're going to keep mistreating people. They know that they can warp especially federal law can be warped into some crazy things. It's not like Red in the state law, where it's pretty much simple. They got to prove it.
Speaker 6: Apiracies, it's a lot of.
Speaker 4: The investigative crime. In federal they investigate an organization, the investigate individuals.
Speaker 1: And federally you don't have to prove a crime the thought of a crime to get you put in prison.
Speaker 6: So again, so again. Jobs is like, I'm not advocating for a game.
Speaker 4: What's the question that we're that We're like, why do stay?
Speaker 6: Ultimately, gang members are stupid.
Speaker 4: I don't think we've asked that, we've we've addressed that question at all.
Speaker 2: Because joining a gang is stupid.
Speaker 7: They kill people, they hurt people, they ribe people, they sell drug If.
Speaker 2: Gang members don't want their own children to be gang members, how can that.
Speaker 6: Ever to be a gang.
Speaker 4: I think it's illogical. I wouldn't say it's stupid. I would say it might be short sided, it might be undisciplined, it might be a number of things that there's some idiots in there too. You can't have that many people do not have morons. It's too many people.
Speaker 6: You can a couple of people together and not have some morons.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, And why is my guy like and I respect him to the fluwish. But the act at some point you were younger and you decided this is what I want to do. You knew the risk, you knew the benefits, and you made a decision.
Speaker 6: You know what That that that problem is you don't always know the risk though, when it's a kind of how you've said it.
Speaker 1: That's not genuinely true for me, but that's kind of how you've said it. Don't know what happened for me was well, no, maybe it did come across that way, and it could be true.
Speaker 6: Let me say it. So, it's like I found drug.
Speaker 1: Dealing first in the streets, okay, and the community that I grew up in wanted via.
Speaker 4: Looking out right huh, via being a paid lookout.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's how it starts selling PCP. The first I started selling who was studying in high So I started selling crack in high school. So that's how I first got in the game. Sophomore year I started selling crack. I needed money. My mom went to prison, my mom went to the fist. My dad didn't have no bunch of money. I mean five dollars one dollar. Bad decision, very might I agree? Job selling drugs is a bad decision. I wouldn't say that about game banging. I don't regret this cripping, but I regret selling drugs.
Speaker 6: I no, no, because I got it. Let me.
Speaker 1: Let me give you everything PiZZ so you know, because I know what you talk about, you talking about my ap chemistry class. I didn't know that matter until three four years out there. Remember this is remember this is sophomore year.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know. I thought he was like even like younger than that. And it was just like, hey, if anyone comes by a whistle or something like a hundred bucks a day, I know that.
Speaker 1: That's how I got into the sharm trade. So I started off selling crack as a sophomore in high school. Like just it's one hundred dollars, I go, do my homework, sell that crack.
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 1: I go to school the next day sixty to one hundred and twenty dollars. The end of the week, I probably got about four hundred dollars. I used to buy everybody a line pizza, just player right. So that's how I first got in the street life.
Speaker 7: That's why I always like paying for everybody food, man to the tea.
Speaker 6: That's just the deep boy.
Speaker 1: In me right, So I know that's just how I get down so again, Pete, So as I started monetizing the community, that became the thing. It's like every first off, everybody start treating you like you from the game or you from you go to the pink store, you're gonna get into a fight if they tripping, if the young dudes are tripping with the hummies, because you over there, you from over there. If you go to the shopping center, you know, the mona parks think you from seven. Everybody knows you're from over because you're from over there? Are you from one hundred and seventy ten?
Speaker 4: And I'm sure and I'll kind of ask this on behalf of jobs, but you had to source locally, so to speak. You couldn't bring it outside products.
Speaker 1: No, no, you definitely can't bring no work in the community. I mean that's why I respect Trump doing what he's trying to do. Like, brother, you cannot be bringing that word from China over here taking advantage of the community paying minimum taxes. Yeah, we're gonna have to add some tariff on that. And and you know the homies didn't have a tear iff program. It was like, no, you get your dope from us. We keep all this money. Black people could take a lot from crippet. You keep all that money in the community. Yeah, you if you're gonna if you're gonna get you a half hounce. Yeah, you buy from us. That keeps the money revolving in the community. Right, simple as that. So it started like that for me jobs, Right, that's great. It's krudo jobs, right. The brick come in and nines come to.
Speaker 2: That and spend it outside the community. You let the Mexicans pick up your six, fix up your car. You buy fancy clothes from the Italians and the Europeans, and you got black food from restaurants in your community.
Speaker 7: That's why I said it's a lot we can learn from.
Speaker 2: Job, because who's hold on job. That's not true.
Speaker 1: We didn't go to fancy restaurant's job and we didn't buy those type of clothes.
Speaker 6: Remember I came up in there with Carl kna.
Speaker 4: If you clowns spent the money locally, I could still go to Jordan's cafe when I touched down, but I can't because you.
Speaker 6: That's not what happened.
Speaker 1: They didn't go out of business because of economics, demographics, job too, And I was gonna use that on jobs too.
Speaker 6: Job when I grew up, all my homiees.
Speaker 1: I have about three or four homies that had millions of dollars selling drugs.
Speaker 6: All that money.
Speaker 1: We went to the black establishments. We went to Jordan's, we went to Golden Birds, we went to black places. We did not dress and fancy eu. That's Detroit.
Speaker 6: We didn't dress and fish.
Speaker 3: I wasn't alive at this time, but didn't somebody have in our family own the store or something like that.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying we only patronized black businesses. We will go every now and remember this is back jobs.
Speaker 6: We didn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a ton of Mexican people live in the community. So that's still patronized in the community, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not it is. That's a job. You can understand that.
Speaker 6: You from Detroit and y'all just don't have nobody else.
Speaker 2: I think it's too friendly.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's not how it is out here.
Speaker 3: Because even my mom, as a teacher, people say the same thing, and it's like, well, I'm patronizing who's in my community.
Speaker 2: Not no, you patronize who's in your blood line. First.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they're also in our community job.
Speaker 2: Not only that job, but that's a whole other college.
Speaker 1: Oh no, hold up jobs. It's not like you would think. So, okay, there's two types of LA's. There's the la that I grew up at my mom house. My mom was out of prison right in Compton for she for the fares take her house where the seven Oles will shoot you.
Speaker 6: But you do have mesking friends.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Francisco and all my mesking friends that I grew up with in Compton. But the seven Oles is like, we're gonna kill you. Like that's the in eighty nine to ninety right, so I'm ten years old. I saw them hit up something on the wall. Bkck nigga killer. It's first time I ever saw some shit like that. That was the Mexican gang in the community to com to Vidio seven O's and I knew black people from there. There was a guy named Poppy from there. It was crazy Chucky from a Cajus brother. So again this is a really weird concept. Shout out to my uncle g Ray who told me that the cass was wrong and they was taking advantage of them, and the Mexicans finally stood up for theirself. But obviously they used the implication of race to help them make their point. And that's here we are. But then there's the other la like one hundred and seventeenth Street.
Speaker 5: Our next.
Speaker 1: Exactly where like Grave Street, one one seven and one hundred and seventeen Street are the same gangs, right or like Grave Street and watch video Grape if you go look at a lot of older Gray streets, they have WVG because they were the same gang as the Mexicans to the point where their families and they're actually mixed into families Jos. So it's a little nuanced to it that. So, yes, we didn't buy Italian clothes.
Speaker 6: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't buy European cut clothes. We didn't buy we didn't go to fancy restaurants.
Speaker 6: We stayed. The money stayed in our community.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: In this conversation, what I'm learning is that West Coast like idea of gang banging and in the East Coast Midwest is very different, which is why people kind of they try to merge it. But it's like a different way of doing things.
Speaker 2: Different try to make it seem like it's all.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's not. Nobody's saying that, but.
Speaker 4: The opposite.
Speaker 2: Glances yourself listening to Luther, this nigga makes it sound so beautiful that.
Speaker 3: But you even said yourself that a lot of the things in Detroit were about money and versus how it is set up over here. That's what I'm saying, Like it's just a different it's a different setup, and that's.
Speaker 1: Not how it's set up over here. What he's saying is not you. We don't fight because you just live over here. We fight because somebody got into an issue over something could be money. He was two different communities, group, two different I'll put it in the trade language because it's just the same. Two different groups of friends were at one location. Somewhere along the line. An issue happened, right well, somebody cut them in line. Somebody grabbed his girl, but somebody sold somebody some bad dope to take advantage of them.
Speaker 6: Something happened. Remember the seasons in their trades and start fighting.
Speaker 1: Because these guys are that would be west of Western and these guys are.
Speaker 2: Got shot and y'all been fighting for four years.
Speaker 6: But let me explain it. Let me explain it.
Speaker 1: See it's fair to say one nigga got shot that just sounds so like that's normal.
Speaker 6: One nigga got killed.
Speaker 1: Mind you, this is somebody's little brother, somebody's son, right, So they got into a fight. Shout out to the citsus and they trades. The two guys.
Speaker 6: Fight, and they got into a fight, a fistfight to settle a dispute, right, that normal thing. Hey, you know what, we need to clash the titans. Let's squabble it out. Who wins. That's that's who. Right. They squabble.
Speaker 1: A guy who wasn't quite from either community but was actually representing one of the communities.
Speaker 6: The A trade community.
Speaker 1: Overreacts, pulls out a gun and kills the little guy that grew up in the sixties, this sixteen year old kid. Right, everybody get loose because you know, this is nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 6: People ain't really shooting like this. This is not normal.
Speaker 1: Let alone, somebody just die kill him. So later on that day they have a meeting at the park to get the person who perpetrated this gross act. Because this guy did not grow up culturally in that community, right, The A trades don't quite know how to get with the guy or where the guy is at.
Speaker 6: Tempers wore up.
Speaker 1: This is somebody's little brother, this is somebody's kid, this is somebody's best friend. Of fighting sules, helicopters, come to police. Come, everybody's leaving. Everybody leave, Nobody will go to jail. Everybody's drinking to deal with the loss of a sixteen year old kid. When they come over to try to notch it, conversations went bad. Somebody got shot. So if you think the solution again by that same standard, right, if it's just one person all in this gang, right, let's say sixties and the A trades at that point, the sixties, the rolling sixty crypts are let's say they're two hundred strong. Let's say they trades are two hundred strong. One guy got killed, and it created this whole thing where thousands where each game grew to thousands, and then they still got this conflict because people keep dying. Well, by that same standard, jobs, then why did America, where there's three hundred plus million people when the Tally band bombed the World Trade Center, why they just wipe off a couple people that weren't number but like one hundred and some people that died. That ain't that many people. It's stillions as minions. It's three hundred million people here. No, No, what is it about human nature that that demands justice or vengeance? Like that's the that's a fair thing. So it's no different than what happens in Detroit. You think these same things will happen to Detroit just because you don't have crip and blood at the end of your name. These are things common in poor neighborhoods and around the world. Right now, more people in the war between Ukraine and Russia has died.
Speaker 2: Than all.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what they fighting over land. Univers are trying to do your own thing.
Speaker 6: There's a problem we trip it.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck about This is happening in Africa. They don't look like me.
Speaker 6: This is happening in Africa.
Speaker 11: Yah, niggas who is look brou I'm not going to allow people to justify doing dumb shit to our community because some other niggas do dumb shit to their community.
Speaker 6: It has nothing to do with community. Job that happens in Detroit.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make it right.
Speaker 6: Why do people keep doing it?
Speaker 2: And in Detroit, I don't know any niggas who had beef When I was sixteen that whose grandkids are still beefing with each other over that beef. Of course you do. Niggas passed on a curse. It's not passing it on.
Speaker 1: People keep hurting people because this is somebody's family. How is that not passing it on because you keep what are your jobs?
Speaker 6: Okay? Have you ever been in a situation hold up, because this is a great point.
Speaker 1: He makes a great point. Have you ever been in a situation where your crew of guys right?
Speaker 6: Because well, not that. Oh well, you're close enough. You and the mid eight been no.
Speaker 2: Be shot at you from thekids to goas grandy.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said that because you're from the mid eighties and it was crazy to trade in the mid eighties.
Speaker 6: It was people was getting shot and killed.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you're saying none of your friends got shot and killed.
Speaker 6: That happened.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, whenever your friends got shot and killed, y'all had a meeting to amicably resolve the situation.
Speaker 2: Nona, We just didn't kill these niggas grandkids. No, I say, I'm saying, did you stop niggas involved? It didn't involve them? Niggas lineage.
Speaker 6: Hold on I'm asking you a question. No, there was no meeting, so didn't know.
Speaker 1: You guys went back and your friends went back and made it even.
Speaker 2: It depended on the city. Some niggas got themselves shot and it stopped right there.
Speaker 6: That never shot.
Speaker 9: Because you deserve to get shot in the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you sell the nigga.
Speaker 9: Some bad work and you get shot.
Speaker 2: We're not wrong.
Speaker 6: You give him to us and we deal with our problem.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you. You asked me about Detroit.
Speaker 1: So so, so you're saying Detroit doesn't have any feud. So so you're saying the same organizations don't just change names and feuds continue.
Speaker 2: To my knowledge, and I could be wrong because I don't know every hood in Detroit.
Speaker 6: You know you're wrong. Just so you know you're wrong.
Speaker 2: There are not niggas grandkids still beefing over ship their grandfathers did nobody.
Speaker 6: But this is what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: The cities and they trades are not beefing because of what happened to Tyrone, to Rick's brother. They're not beefing of what happened to Rick. They don't even know Rick. They don't even know Tyrone. They don't know the man.
Speaker 6: That passed away. That's that's generation of guys.
Speaker 1: They start clashing over what happened to their friend and their friends brother.
Speaker 4: Positive feedback loop.
Speaker 1: Just just like just like American Russian, we don't I wouldn't know why nobody mad at Russia. Nothing that's happened in my life as an American man that I should be mad at Russia. All I know is I'm supposed to not trust Russia.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm I just heard.
Speaker 1: When they don't fuck with Americans song and if you if you get out of line, where do you hear that from Americans?
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is as a crypt, a young crypt, somebody has to teach you who the ops are.
Speaker 1: Nobody teaching? You know what teacher I brought. When you go someone you back from Seventh Street and they shoot.
Speaker 2: At you, so nobody teach. Nobody told you up front, Oh we beefing with these niggas.
Speaker 8: You know, you just you just go outside people you live around, you go to school and they be like them.
Speaker 3: Niggas come on just guns and rags and say I'm a crip, I'm a blood.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, you're fully aware, which neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: You're you're at the time that you joined the organization, you are fully aware which neighborhoods you should avoid.
Speaker 9: Because we got a problem.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that okay, So okay, I got the problem. I got the issue.
Speaker 1: So in mega gangs like on the West Side, like the Seasons and they trades, that's standard.
Speaker 6: But in most gangs that's not normal.
Speaker 1: Like my okay, perfect example, my community one hundred and seventeen street Watch. Growing up, my generation had an issue with the Carver parks, right, and then so you shoot it out, you fight it out, called your conflict dot watchboy mom son named moon Son plus nephew. That generation are tight with the car parks. The generation undermines now they have an issue with them on the parks. My generation was tight with them on the parks. My older homies had an issue with the Promenoakes. My generation we like the Pomenoakes. The conflicts don't go the way you think they go. They usually are resolved, Like my generation, like my homies and the pj's right, the Imperial Course Cripts, they had a problem. Guess what that problem got resolved? A couple shootings, couple fights, maybe some people got shot, maybe some people died, but they resolve them. You're talking about the sixes and they trades. That's not a standard thing. That's why that thing is so all talked about, right, It's because it's such an ongoing thing. But that's also because there's I mean that might be thousands of each of them.
Speaker 6: Like these gangs are big as cities.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody don't even know each other.
Speaker 4: They're so geographically large. There's not unavoidable interaction constant. You can be pretty insular from one to the other. And I think that's a contribute factor.
Speaker 1: And every year somebody who sinses they trade, don't die in the war jobs. Sometimes it's not nothing, and then sometimes it heats up.
Speaker 5: It's like with.
Speaker 3: Everything that we're saying, why can't you talk about politics or why can't Kendrick have an album called good Kid Mass City and people think that he's a you know, like the.
Speaker 1: Nuanced because the nuance has never expressed because people don't have time for the nuance, which is why.
Speaker 8: Y'all nuanced don't matter on the mainstream level. Like they just get they taking his face value, how they created the movies, and that's what cryption. Bloods is to the mainstream world period. You dying over colors. It's stupid. Go get a job, y'all dumbest broke forward, and that's just how it's gonna get looked at on the main scale.
Speaker 2: I mean, but most of our our interaction outside you know, us, non West Coasters or non gang communities. Our interaction isn't Hollywood. It's y'all niggas. Job you have learned about taking from MCA.
Speaker 7: That's the same thing.
Speaker 1: That's still a level of entertainment where it's all heightened and conditions society.
Speaker 2: That's y'all niggas deciding to.
Speaker 1: Give Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no, we give you the highlights like ESPN.
Speaker 2: Oh, whatever the case is, y'all telling it.
Speaker 6: We both.
Speaker 1: But you can't get mad at ESPN because they show slam dunks and then you go watch the game and it might be only four of them in forty eight.
Speaker 7: Minutes and they lost whoever dunts.
Speaker 2: I'm just you can't be mad at us for believing, y'all niggas. I'm not upset.
Speaker 1: I told you no, I totally understand y'all ignorance.
Speaker 6: I get it. I'm not upset at it at all. I'm like, y'all just don't know.
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm telling you, like, that's not common, Like it's not common for beasts to go generationally. That's not most gangs in Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: That's these really huge, matter of fact yangs that that's happening with more gangs at LA. That's not standard.
Speaker 1: I mean, and even in those big gangs jobs, it's not a concernt. Remember if the seasions and they trades were consistently warring, they are across the street from each other, it would be dead bodies every day. Man, You go months and months and months and months and months, sometimes a year, and nobody dies in that conflict. But then guess what, in twenty twenty six, it might get heat up and then all the memories of the past come up and four people might die because in that war. Twenty people might get shot in that war. But remember there's so many communities around, right, the families is just as bad at it with them, right, And then there's different things that happen along the line of just existing in this poor dimension of LA where you just have conflict. Like you hear the stories between the cixies and hoovers. They're not even close to each other. They can't kill each other or if they would have to make a trip and risk going to prison. All the time, they not gone that far. But guess what they they may bump into each other at the slassus swap meat and it may go too far. So again, it's no different than Detroit. It's just marketing. And what's not even marketing, but it's branded. But the marketing you don't know the story of it. You just know the brand of it. They just say red versus blue. Into some degree, That's how it was in nineteen seventy three for however long that lasted. But within the first six years after that it has been community against community, just like in Detroit. Remember, crips were just a rogue thing. They weren't a community. They were just guys from all over the city, young guys who got rejected from another community. Which really, probably this wouldn't be a problem if those older guys would have took those younger guys under their wing. Right, shout out to Craig Munson and all of the guys from the Avenues who inspired the crypt movement, you know as well as the Panthers, but that those guys wanted to be you know, baby avenues where they would have had guidance from an elder, a mature adult, but because he didn't want to. In no disrespect to Craig, I'm not this and you og if you hear this, I'm saying if he would have took on the responsibility of a fifteen sixty year old Raymond, Raymond Washington.
Speaker 6: Or Tookie, guess what.
Speaker 1: You have guidance, But when you let your damn kids run wild jobs, you get kids ship.
Speaker 2: Behavior. I gotta go, man, my man, John, this is peak old man.
Speaker 6: Hey, go ahead, Josh, thank you for being here. Make it. Make sure y'all take him out. Were gonna keep this going a little bit.
Speaker 9: Longer, Jope asked, question, y'all always in privage.
Speaker 6: Jobs? To make sure your stuff is uploaded? Hold on jobs, my man, bro, he's so brilliant, so brilliant.
Speaker 5: Okay, job, Well you're back to my original topic.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't know if it's because we just grew up how we grew up. You know, how the woman all your sisters are versus your brother, How you and your brothers grew up so I don't know if it's that that is what it is. But like I said, like Uncle Robert is an obstrometrist, you know what I'm saying. Like you didn't grow up saying I want to be a cripple when I get older. I'm pretty sure you had different goals and ideas of what you wanted to do.
Speaker 6: Your mom, your mom my sister. I was supposed to be a pharmacist.
Speaker 5: Right I was.
Speaker 1: I had the grades, I had ap courses. Shit, Your mother, your auntie, rest her soul. They used to be furious that I decided to start selling dope and messing up, you know what I mean, So.
Speaker 6: You don't decide to be me. And Pluck was.
Speaker 1: Talking about this the other day, shout out to plug Plug is my ogi homie that really you know, make sure I was gonna be alright, as well as a couple other other.
Speaker 6: Homies, but older hommies.
Speaker 1: But we were talking and I was like, I say, if you really think about it, worn't cripping something that you become.
Speaker 6: It's just it's just you. You gotta be it.
Speaker 1: It's not something you really if you think about it, you really shouldn't be able to get put on even to put on. It's more about a test of your willingness to stand up when the pressure is on you.
Speaker 2: It's not truly it's.
Speaker 1: Being misused now because again it is a lot of younger.
Speaker 8: People make responsibility and you know, but we're differently a time now where people don't sure where they're stranger responsibility enough strangers.
Speaker 1: They people don't know each other, like my friends, even when they even even when Ron Ron and and and and and uh, even when little j Moto res Moto soul free, little Jay and ron Ron right when they put me on, it was done with love. It wasn't just like I want to hurt this person put in the hospital. It was just to get you to stand up and fight. So that's really what it is, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's supposed to be a test of your your your.
Speaker 5: Forty two sayn and sorority.
Speaker 2: Though in everything it.
Speaker 10: Was crazy and you don't see, I don't know. You don't hear a lot about this shit either, like you're about to you hear about it unless you go look for it.
Speaker 4: Though, like it's not like no, it's covered a lot like how you and all that, like you know, but like media news covers it, and you gotta think about it, like it's been so heavily civilly litigated over the last twenty years that like you got to think back twenty twenty five, thirty years ago, because it's largely gone. Like now, it's like something happens and it's it'll make seeing it. Yeah, okay, because it's largely because of the rarity.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, that's what I'm saying, because I'm I'm a little bit aware and I'll be hearing.
Speaker 7: Ship, but I'd be like, damn, I only be saying I wanted to research it and find out how crazy it is. They don't get enough flat with the ship they be doing. They don't get the flat that.
Speaker 3: I think if you go into a fraternity, if you have to be a firefighter, a police officer, a shif, it's all a process for all of those days or clicks or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: And rightfully so, and rightfully so, a society should frown on an outlaw organization because this.
Speaker 5: Is outlaw organization.
Speaker 1: Some of them, some of them are like the Vikings and different things that was in those things, and it really had the same type of you know, it was they not not the not the Vikings, not the police. Gangs, but the regular police they're there with. They operate within society standards. Gangs operate outside of society standards, society or rules. So I get the outrage of society. But again to answer your question, I think it's because they're immature. The thought is immature, the thought is ignorant. They don't have enough information. Even Pete to me, somebody who's been around gang members for years. He knows me and Malcolm right, and he still got his perception of it. He's been around way more gang members, and he know other gang members from all over Arizona. He knows from street guys in the Bay, and he knows some of us are smart and some of us are just crazy. You know, he not crazy, but the natural perception is well, one thing is because there's no standard, right, like there is no aptitude test to get to be from the seven. I almost wanted to try to implement it. I think you should really have to be a lot of shit to be it, because you really become the representation of a lot of people. And you know, I mean, you start to carry lies in your hand, you go do something stupid. It could cost me my life. Yes, that fast, you know what I mean. So I definitely don't. I definitely don't think the gangs take it serious. The idea of it, like you know who we're going to allow to represent us. I do agree with that, but again it is immaturely and emotionally ran. I mean, there's not necessarily like Pluck. Shout out to Pluck. I always congratulated him on the type of man he was right because he never when it was his time for to be accountable, whether he had a kid, he raised his kid, you know, whether it was time to go to jail, he went and sat down. Even when they him to get him, they didn't even play fair to get him when it was time to be a problem. I always applaud him for the type of man he is, Like, it's not about no do I think he tough.
Speaker 6: I think he's a man.
Speaker 4: I think it's impossible to have good leadership in that format thing though, because yeah, leadership comes with age and experience, and three things happened. You get locked up, you pass away, or you move away. That's that's the majority.
Speaker 5: Well you.
Speaker 4: Actively on there.
Speaker 6: I'm not mad.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at that though, I'm not mad at that being a critique of it, because.
Speaker 4: I'm not even saying it's a critique. I'm just saying logically impossible to avoid.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, so like remember, like Pluck is fifteen years older than me. Yeah, so even when I'm coming up and I'm like this little like we was talking about today, he watched me grow up, like since the little kid. It was never like, g come be from this. He didn't never say nothing like that till I started selling dope. He's like, oh, you out here thugging, you need to be from the hood. It was never like a thought you need to get insurance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you need to You need to game is. Let me teach you how to do this so you don't get your head.
Speaker 8: Because if you're doing that and you over here now you're becoming a live Yeah, you need to learn how to be responsible with the ship you're doing.
Speaker 2: Be a man.
Speaker 8: Being on the hood is a part of that, because nigga, if you ain't from the hood, we either gonna nigga, you ain't gonna be able.
Speaker 7: To be doing all this and you're gonna do it anyway, and that's gonna become a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So there's there isn't.
Speaker 7: I might say crazy to some people.
Speaker 4: It's an insurance policy that multi layer.
Speaker 1: So and like to John's point, I don't want to say I don't want to talk positive about gangs. That's not what I'm I'm not here to do that. I the experience is not negative the way you would imagine. Now, it's not about is it positive. It's not like people will say it, go snatch this purse like no lie, Like there's this thing where people feel like, yes, there are some grown up men who misuse humans, but has nothing to do with gang banging.
Speaker 6: That just becomes the vessel. They would do that if they were in the military, they would do that, if they worked at Pizza Hut. You know what I'm saying. It's it's just some.
Speaker 1: Irresponsible people that have access to it, like any other facet of the life. But honestly, the first time Pete like I was finna go shoot at somebody, I want to pluck to get a gun that nigga told me, and you better go buy you you better go steal your own gun like I stole my first one. Now, some people could take that emotionally. I didn't feel no kind of way, I was like, that's fucked up. But you know what I got from it, Nigga, I don't know what type of criminal you're gonna be, and I'm not trusting your criminals. So you need to go get your own ship to do your own ship. If I had you, if I recommended you to do some shit, I would provide it. But until then, how you even the more I think about how you out here doing this and you don't have a gun and you're making money.
Speaker 6: The lesson. But again, some people emotionally could take that out of wrong.
Speaker 8: I ain't even want to get me his gun, nigga. Like, nigga, I don't even know what you about to do something now all of a sudden, I did niggas bring you a gun back?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly, like bro?
Speaker 3: What So again, I want to add that it's not that I like think that gangs are good or whatever.
Speaker 5: I guess my idea of what I think a gang is is very different.
Speaker 3: Because I understand that, Yeah, you got the what people sensationalize what gangs are, but you can literally consider everything a gang and everybody.
Speaker 5: Has their moral standing ground on different side, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: The gangs that people keep talking about where the people who like protected the neighborhood, so I can't like always lean to you guys are big, scary people who care on guns and wear colored flags like that's not.
Speaker 8: How yeah much a lot more cooler gang members and gang bangers than I didn't.
Speaker 7: Right, right, niggas funny.
Speaker 3: Gang members, athletes are extremely intellectual, extremely.
Speaker 8: Funny comedian comedians Like it's you know, irregular people. But they're just a part of this other sometimes so nigga is deal with it in a certain way.
Speaker 1: So again, it's simply put, it's a bunch of people that do not let the law stand in the way of how they exist. That's why society is supposed to frown on it. But again you got to give creators that probably everybody involved is not stupid or ignorant. Like it's not a choice because I didn't know. It's a choice because I chose. So even with joh said it's a bad choice, I do not feel like that.
Speaker 6: I do not want to know what type of man I would be without without cripping.
Speaker 8: Though, And it's like he can have that thought and it can It's okay, I understand why you feel that way. Me but as my as me as being one of these, let me explain to you that it's not always like that. And I'm speaking from experience, and I know other niggas with that can relate to my experience as well. Let me just let you know, bro, like it ain't all you know what I'm saying, But like you say, the highlight reel is is the rags the shooting niggase don saying if you're drinking that poison, nigga, But while he had Nigga be sipping the martini talking about you drinking poison like that.
Speaker 1: Should be so again, it's like I didn't. I didn't think of it as a bad diest. I don't think it's a bad decision. I wouldn't trade the only thing I would trade in Peter selling dope. That's the only thing I wish I never sold, though that that's something I regret. I don't regret this cripping at all, Like I don't. It's great for me. It's it worked.
Speaker 6: I needed it.
Speaker 1: I needed to know how to exist in this world by myself, knowing that everybody is not gonna be fair, knowing everybody's not gonna obey the law, not just other gang members people in general, and.
Speaker 7: You know what like and what Boy was saying.
Speaker 8: If it was really that bad and they were just making rules and pushing niggas to do it, then I wouldn't have been able to avoid.
Speaker 7: Being cad and on and you're still do homie like, yeah, Like.
Speaker 12: I remember niggas that g niggas in the hood understood certain niggas that they just knew was gonna be them niggas and they understood like, nah, you need to be like bro, you yeah, like it was clear that I didn't want to be fully responsible for everything that.
Speaker 8: Come with being caught and on. I know it's a little these the homies, they they they yearning to be like they.
Speaker 7: Want to be touger.
Speaker 6: They became soldiers.
Speaker 7: Ain't that a lot to do with my mom and pop?
Speaker 11: I was?
Speaker 7: I was scared of my mama.
Speaker 3: I guess I just see it as y'all kind of protected the streets, not kind of, but protected the streets. And that's what I looked at like as a gang as like just like the streets.
Speaker 6: It depends on the man.
Speaker 1: Like again, gangs in power, whatever man you are, so if you are crappy nigga gangs are going to empower your crappiness, Like if you you are like me, Like I was always a moral person, So gangs just made my morals strong and then I can apply them on everybody, like my homies will tell you, like everybody want to be tough, But there was a time I would impose my will on everybody, you know what I mean, especially if they was doing something that was immorally sound. Now again, this is also coming from an immature mind that didn't understand selling drugs. Like again, that would be the thing I would trade in, like the way jobs feel about gang members or were peace, and I feel like that's what I feel about being a drug dealer.
Speaker 6: Gangs.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like nothing because everybody subscribes like this is something gang like. Drug dealing is different, right because drug dealing you don't quite know. I don't understand addiction because I'm not addicted to alcohol or or drugs what I'm saying, per se, So.
Speaker 6: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand addiction as a kid, So it's like, oh, everybody's making a choice, so I'm selling it to them. When I realized that people were you know what, I mean like addicted and they couldn't control themselves.
Speaker 6: That's when I had to change my life.
Speaker 1: Gangs Like if I met somebody like Joey and he was like, yeah, I'm not from may Track, I grew up over there. I wouldn't ask any extra questions if you whether you turning it down, whether you denying, you know, the point was carry out, whether you denying your affiliation or you really just not.
Speaker 8: And then you got some niggas you know, I don't care, I want a problem, and then you know you deal with that. How you deal with that as become a man issue.
Speaker 6: And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: It just magnifies whoever you are. That's all crippen does. It can't change you like you either in it or not. Yes, if your friend get killed, some people are gonna cry and that's gonna be the day that they've done with it. Some people it's gonna turn them up and they're gonna go ride for their friend. You're gonna figure out who you are and which is going to provide the most. So poverty creates the most traumatic experiences right that that we know about. Equally is that fair traumatic like poverty creates these traumatic situations and then gangs empower you to deal with it. So right, so before gangs, it was people that was dealing with it. I mean, there'd be one dude you be playing war, you know, slipping into the parkness. He finna go shoot this dude that you wronged his friend. Gangs kind of give you.
Speaker 6: The okay.
Speaker 1: So there's one issue I have with it. It's like being a police. It empowers people that probably don't deserve power.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Force is a lever and it's a lever of force.
Speaker 6: So so it's like, yes, it's not perfect.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I wouldn't advocate for people to be down because to me, you can't be down. Like even if right now, if I said I advocate for you to be from a gang, if you already grew up in that community, you from there anyway, But if.
Speaker 6: You don't live there, why the hell would you be from that community? Go over there and get jumped on.
Speaker 8: You even know these people not only do we have Hollywood, but now you've got a lot of people who are on just social media just misrepresenting and telling lies about how the shit go, just completely lying and really just and really like really come from over there or whatever. But just like they feeding you know, the people who look at it as yeah, you know, they feeding the main stream.
Speaker 6: Thirty six niggas.
Speaker 7: Only niggas that ever gave me a problem was a nigga. Ain't no white person ever being shipped to me like you know the words. Yeah, so it's like.
Speaker 8: You got them, dudes. That's like the king of the coach, you know what I'm saying. So so it ain't no changing it.
Speaker 7: It ain't no you know, people gonna come to this and had a conversation and some people gonna just die on the.
Speaker 3: Like I see it as like okay and be controversial, but just sticking of of today's terms. It's like if you have a woman who has a past of being a whole or a prostitutor or whatever, people will more likely champion that and be like she can change, she can be more than just the whole she Kim Kardashian for instance, Like she's not just that, she's this is any other Like she can go to law school, she can They champion that, you know what I mean, I don't really think.
Speaker 5: That like most some people do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, people do, but that girl can't do.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, everybody equally.
Speaker 3: No, but they still be like, say what you said about her, but she's still a businesswoman, you know that's.
Speaker 7: Not but that's not that part.
Speaker 6: She got some money, yeah, but she's still a hope.
Speaker 5: Because it's like you got that side.
Speaker 3: But then it's like like our conversation with you or like a Kindrick or whoever else, you know, it's like, oh, you can't talk.
Speaker 5: About that because you're not You're a game and you're stupid, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: This whole you're freeing people right.
Speaker 5: With you.
Speaker 4: You can't do that in a different kind. They're gonna say the same thing. If a whole has a negative thing to say about somebody because they cheated on their husband or whatever the fuck that that's gonna be the first thing you can't say that, I believe it or not.
Speaker 3: There is going to be like a large group of people and be like, oh, well she changed, so oh that's just experience.
Speaker 6: You never in my life heard nobody say can't i'm.
Speaker 4: Her?
Speaker 7: And then they feal been in my DM defending her and all that. But people do I think she was a whole too though?
Speaker 8: Hose dude, Yeah, because it's just like the hip hop conversation, right when you start, when you start like holding up the mirror, some niggas start realizing like, well that means I'm not hip hop and they not trying to deal with that. So when you start holding that mirror up to them, they like, wait, so why that's being a whole because she already letting you know, like damn yeah.
Speaker 4: People don't want to be criticized. They're going to try to do that and.
Speaker 7: You're not even about to be able to be on.
Speaker 3: But it's I'm just saying, it's a lot of people. Well, I guess because there's a there's a large group of people who feel like, like Drea, she deleted her whole is you know what I mean? So a lot of people feel like.
Speaker 5: That's like yeah, like ye did.
Speaker 6: But I don't like people think that.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I think what happens is I think, don't get me wrong, shout out to uh, what's your old lady or not?
Speaker 6: Kim?
Speaker 1: Yeah Amber, Like I think Amber is trying to find the space to where she can exist. But because people have this kind of it just come with the territory. You gotta wear it proudly.
Speaker 6: And I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think really true gang members could add the most to social commentary, even when it comes to war, Like if you educated, like if I educated Pluck on wars and what was happening and what people really were fighting for the facts, he just like me, he could break it down into what's going on in the community.
Speaker 6: That's the same. Like there was a time in Compton that the access powers were created. So the access power.
Speaker 1: Remember people when the three countries came together and they named themself, they was all together.
Speaker 6: That happened in Compton.
Speaker 1: There was a time in Compton where it was like occasion town forms Front Palmer, Tana, Nutty, South Atlantic like they were like, So it's hilarious to me that people don't see.
Speaker 4: And that's probably not like neighborhoods and gangster crips like you know, a consolidation so to speaker alliances.
Speaker 7: With your famous line you always say, people are intellectually lazy.
Speaker 8: That takes too much thought to put together and start thinking about all that they comparisons and breaking it down. Niggas like nigga, we just clicking over with the home ship cracking over here, like they don't want to have type. It's too deep and everybody not. You gotta really want to know this type of shit to a degree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't think it's too deep. I think it's it's something that should be taught for sure, for sure.
Speaker 8: But it's one of the things where now we're in the social media age or internet age, where you gotta seek it.
Speaker 7: Everybody like, man, it's right there, you should.
Speaker 6: Go get it.
Speaker 5: Because at the same time, it's like we love OG's. People love to be like, oh, we need more ogs. We know, we love that idea of an older man who can give game, But.
Speaker 3: If he ain't experienced nothing, or if he haven't been through certain trials or tribulation, what's game can he really give you?
Speaker 5: So we like the idea of the OG, but we don't like the story of the OG.
Speaker 3: We like the idea of you know, these people who are wise, but then we criticize our just story.
Speaker 2: No grandfather, he.
Speaker 7: Was doing this, who we can telling?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: My dad right now we're now he'll be like, son, that ain't the way to do it.
Speaker 4: Because people don't like being criticized and don't like being told to do so the second that they can use that to their advantage in one way or the other day, will it's oh, well, you should listen to that person. It's always and that's usually what it is. If it's not you, you should listen to that person. If it's you, you can't tell me what to do because you did the same thing. That's pretty much what it is because no one wants that.
Speaker 3: Is exactly what Van Laketon just said on his show The Last One when he was talking about uh A Sulton Kendrick. He was basically saying, like, well, who can speak up for black women? Because who's more rap? Like who is clean enough or has a clean enough image to say something without it be like, well you can't say that because you're this, or you can't say that because.
Speaker 6: You're that Black women. Shits just jumpy.
Speaker 5: But not even not even that. I'm just saying, like, why do we have to like have this moral ground on who can say what.
Speaker 8: I'm because don't nobody because don't nobody wants it? Like he just said, don't nobody want to be right wrong? They don't want to take accountability of what they're doing, so they're gonna point out every little thing like I seen shows point out the no Vassiline verse like like bro, the nigga don't even say your name, bro, but do your thing.
Speaker 4: And they'll do it either which way. If you're a person who has the experience and you tell someone something they don't want to hear, Oh, you can't tell me that you did that. If you didn't have the experience, you don't even know, you ain't never seen it.
Speaker 5: You can tell me because if you want to hear it, Okay, all right, I get I mean I.
Speaker 7: You learn from the information, so you're going to be patient. We will come with you.
Speaker 8: Not just some people is just literally on their waiting to disagree with you. That's why even with some of the females that ain't married, but they might drop some jewels and the like she ain't even married, but it's like, damn, what she just said made right.
Speaker 6: I like that about peering, like not having kids.
Speaker 1: I don't have that emotional connections to kids, so I can see it from the outside. But people like you need kids, no, because then I would feel like you and I wouldn't be able to carry out to act right.
Speaker 6: I would have to think of it from this emotional standard.
Speaker 7: And being apparent his emotional nigga. Kids will hurt your feelings, nigga, you.
Speaker 6: Need to stand up to they little lass go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you'd be like, damn, that's how you feel, nigga.
Speaker 8: My daughter got mad because we didn't have yams and said thanksgivings just ruined, so.
Speaker 7: Just so hot, nigga.
Speaker 8: I had to text your like, hey, look we got a couple of yams, but hey, I don't appreciate how you just, you know, the way you.
Speaker 4: Somebody else order. If she's not going to send up for yams and decency in society, then.
Speaker 2: Who will I feel you?
Speaker 7: But the way she just was like stormed out, Oh my god, the things giving you just brewing.
Speaker 6: Down looking out.
Speaker 1: For tuning into the No Sellers podcast, please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the Web coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect Podcast Network and Notheart Radio.
Speaker 6: Yeah