Speaker 1: So you know when I was growing up, super quick backstory.
Speaker 2: Growing up, I had my two older brothers, and then there was a woman who we always called our sister, who grew up across the street from me. Baby sat me from like the day I was born, still in our lives.
Speaker 1: So she's my sister.
Speaker 2: Her name is Jerry, and she likes to send stuff she finds if it has any sort of relation to Boyman's World.
Speaker 1: She's a big Boyman's World fan. So shout out Jerry.
Speaker 2: So yesterday from the I'm not on Facebook. I've never been on Facebook. I don't know anything about Facebook. I wouldn't know how to get on it or any of that kind of stuff. So she sent me from the original TV archive Facebook group. I guess they put together the most popular fifty most popular sitcoms of all time.
Speaker 1: Well, this is obviously, this is real. This is real. This is basically like, this is very important.
Speaker 2: I'm curious if A, if you think we made the list. B if we did, where we are?
Speaker 1: Okay, great question?
Speaker 2: See what then the top ten are and if you can get as close to order in order.
Speaker 3: Of what they say order? No, no, I mean first question, First, are we on the list. Okay, hold on, hold on, my, my, my, actual, because I wish we could do this to you, because I feel like you would be the one that would actually stand a chance.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I disagree with this list so hard. Okay, well that's a hint. That's a huge not make the top ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, I would say, let me see, I'm writing this down because I want to keep track. Okay, I would say, obviously it was a crowd pleasing list of people.
Speaker 1: When was this produced? This was on I got.
Speaker 4: It yes writers starting an Excel.
Speaker 1: Sheet, because I was thinking it was I think if it.
Speaker 2: Was like I'm writing this down when the way you sent it was twenty hours ago. It's a twenty hours ago, and I got it yesterday, so figure forty eight hours ago this went up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So for some reason the way you said it, the way you said it was like the Internet archive or what did you say, Facebook.
Speaker 1: Teas original TV archive Facebook group.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I was thinking it was like from like the Ears or something as I like to go. Okay, well, I think friends and Seinfeld are competing for first place.
Speaker 2: Probably Okay, well, wait, I want you want to start with the top ten as opposed to you, So.
Speaker 4: Out of the top fifty best sitcoms of all time? Did we make the list?
Speaker 1: Did make the list?
Speaker 3: Yes, we made the list, and we are in somewhere between twenty five and thirty five.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I say, yes, we made the list, and I think we are forty seven.
Speaker 2: You're both correct, we made the list, and you're both very close. We're number forty.
Speaker 4: Oh right, all right.
Speaker 2: So now the top ten that they gave it right, do you think Friends and Seinfelder competing for one and two?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Friends and Cield are competing for one and two. I think probably All in the Family is going to be in the top five. I would say, can I shoot? I love Lucy? Sorry, I love Lucy's top top three?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Can I can I say something that I think is going to bring the whole room down?
Speaker 1: Movies don't like television. I don't television either. I like that you've made I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't with it. No, it's not for me, thank you. I think that what is happening is that writer thinks, right.
Speaker 1: Tony Danza, Taxi's got to be up there, a different show, different think writer.
Speaker 4: It still thinks of Facebook as being his parents' generation. Yeah, but what is actually happening is that Facebook is actually us now. It's our generation and like maybe just a little bit older than us.
Speaker 1: So I you don't think old older shows are They're not there.
Speaker 4: I think like Parks and Rec are probably.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, is that considered a sycomore?
Speaker 4: Oh that's kind of that's not going to be a syne If that is.
Speaker 1: Then we're yeah, because I mean, but I don't know that we are sitcoms multi camera or camera. Maybe that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It would be one of the things that Will does not agree with.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, well then yeah, Office, Parks and rec, Modern Family, those are pretty those are top ten probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I thought of strictly multi camera audience, live studio audience kind of sitcoms.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, August Parks and Rec.
Speaker 3: What we I just Modern Family, Seinfeld Friends are still in the top ten for sure.
Speaker 4: Friends is God, I'm shocked to Friends isn't number one.
Speaker 3: And then you're right, I guess generationally, I Love Lucy might just get completely forgotten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even think it's on the list. Is I love Lucy on the list, of course, oh it is yeah, okay, all right, so okay, so it's some some olds voted in this.
Speaker 3: Because but also people appreciate I love Lucy because you know, like the Nicket Night phenomenon like brought a lot of those older shows back less. So all in the family, I would say, all in the family, which I was thinking would be a higher up if I was thinking older people were voting, is probably not even in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I will say, so far you've mentioned all in the top ten except three.
Speaker 1: Okay. At some point in the conversation, Oh Jesus cheers of course, now you've mentioned Fraser one. You're missing one in the top ten, and one only.
Speaker 4: The one where lived together, the one where they lived together.
Speaker 3: They lived No company is truly crap.
Speaker 1: There's no way that bade. It's so bad. It's it's a more no. No, it is a more modern.
Speaker 4: Oh, a more modern sick Okay, that.
Speaker 1: Ran for a long time. Oh, how I met your mother? Nope, same kind of vein though, like hybrid, yeah, is it arrested development?
Speaker 5: It is not.
Speaker 1: A hint, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: The hint is it might be how our universe started if our Earth wasn't flat.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Big Bank Therey, of course, there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh right, you've got the top ten. But here's the order.
Speaker 2: Okay they have so science number one, Seinfeld being the best, the best, okay, number two, Friends okay, number three, the Office okay.
Speaker 1: Number four. Mash Mash didn't make it. It did.
Speaker 2: Number five, Cheers, number six, The Big Bang Theory, number seven, Frasier, number eight, All in the Family. Excuse me, strike that number eight. I love Lucy.
Speaker 1: Number nine, All in the Family. Number ten, Modern Family. I feel like we got there. We got Yeah, we covered. You're pretty close.
Speaker 2: You were, you were pretty close. There's some things I completely disagree with.
Speaker 4: On this id reroute it, reroute it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: The top ten I would and this is a completely and totally personal thing. I would not have Big Bang Theory in the top ten. But that's just a personal thing for me.
Speaker 1: Es.
Speaker 2: Yes, they don't speak my language. No, I just it just wasn't my favorite shoe. And so I think I've seen a yeah like they have. For instance, they have like The New Girl at twenty five and Wonder Years at forty.
Speaker 3: Eight, Wonder Years isn't even a comedy really, I mean true.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, but again, for I look at if they're gonna make the list for what they did for television and how amazing.
Speaker 1: They were, there's no way.
Speaker 2: The New Girl is twenty five and Wonder Years is forty eight.
Speaker 4: What's fifty? What barely snuck onto the list?
Speaker 2: I'll give you one word, Belkie, Oh, Perfect Stranger, Perfect Strangers. So Perfect Strangers is fifty, Step by Step is forty nine, forty eight is The Wonder Years, the Black forty seven.
Speaker 4: Step by Steven. The Wonder Years are only one place.
Speaker 1: That seems weird to me.
Speaker 2: We're eight spots higher than Wonder Years and we're only one better than Taxi Wow. So it goes Taxi Boy meets World Right, and then The Nanny, the Dick Van Dyke Show. So they're saying we're better than the Dick Van Dyke Show, Family Matters, Mad About You, that seventy show, Murphy Brown, Blackish, The Wonder Your step by Step in Perfect Strangers.
Speaker 1: So all right, well let me.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to throw it a couple for you, and I want to see where you think.
Speaker 1: What about the Cosby Show? I mean it's just where is where is Cosby Show on the list? In your well?
Speaker 3: I mean, if he hadn't been canceled, right like you, in an alternate universe where we did not all have awful feelings about I feel like he would be to ten.
Speaker 1: I think it would have been Tom. I think you're probably right.
Speaker 3: I think because generation to finding yes and he was beloved. It's just that now no one can watch it anymore without being creeped out or worried or yeah, so where.
Speaker 1: Do you think it fell on this list? With all that probably still around thirty, right, Danielle.
Speaker 4: I was going to say twenty seven, twenty oh, twenty, okay, I would like to win out that. I thought Boy's World was forty seven and it was forty And then I said I thought this was twenty seven and it was twenty.
Speaker 2: When whatever comes into your head, yeah, just subtract seven seven just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, quiz me family ties. Oh well, I was going to say seventeen, but.
Speaker 1: You know that's not ten. I was going to say thirteen, fourteen somewhere in there? Are you sticking with those numbers for me?
Speaker 4: I'm going to go with I'm going to go with sixteen.
Speaker 1: Eighteen, Danielle in another direction? You let the other record.
Speaker 2: How about the Jeffersons.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I've never seen the Jeffersons, so I feel like I forty two. Danielle is getting very close.
Speaker 2: You're only six off this time now, Danielle, My god, No, the Jeffersons was Oh I just lost it. The Jeffersons is thirty one? No, that's it's always sunny. Where did the Jeffersons go? The Jeffersons left the list?
Speaker 1: There they are thirty seven, there's okay, thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Okay, why didn't I say my thirty seven?
Speaker 1: You should have sticked your thirty seven?
Speaker 2: But they have Mayor Tyler Moore at thirty eight, right, and boy meets were forty and we're better than the.
Speaker 1: Dick Van Dyke Show.
Speaker 2: So yes, there's obviously Where do you think happy Days fell?
Speaker 1: I don't think I made the list.
Speaker 4: Oh well, let's see I want to go away. Thirty three, twenty eight, okay, happy.
Speaker 1: Day twenty eight. I don't hear anybody the development.
Speaker 3: I don't hear anybody talking about Happy Days ever, except.
Speaker 1: Referenced it a lot. And then you hear the phrase jump the shark like and then.
Speaker 3: Maybe people know the Funzie, but like, I don't know anybody who's like.
Speaker 1: The Fawns the Fawns. Arelly what it was his little trivia fact for you.
Speaker 2: It was Masharelli, but then Mash was such a big show that his nickname would have been the Mash, so they changed it to Fonzarelli before they shot the pilot. And in the pilot, by the way, he was not a leather jacket wearing guy. They gave him a regular white coat and they didn't like it, and they threw him a leather jacket after that.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, you know, I have an actor friend who was who was in The Red Weather whose last name is lemp Key. Oh yeah, and I had to tell him. I was like, you know, the original Minkus name was lemp Key with a P. And he's like, are you kidding me? I was like, no, yep, we've I'm assuming we've told that story on this podcast, but yeah, there's one Stuart lemp Key in all of Philadelphia, so we couldn't use the name.
Speaker 1: That's science though we are forty on the list of can we.
Speaker 4: Find I want a fifty best pod Rewatch podcasts of all time.
Speaker 1: We've been forty probably exactly what I want it. I know, we'd probably be top ten. We'd probably be top ten scrubs. I'm just trying to keep bumping us down the list.
Speaker 4: Please reach out to that scientific Facebook page and ask them to create a new list Science. Welcome to pod Meets World.
Speaker 2: I'm Daniel Offishal, I'm right strong, and I star on the fortieth most popular sitcom of all time, Dading two sites.
Speaker 1: I'm well for Delt.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by Ally Bank, who was always there for you for all of life's moments.
Speaker 3: So I've either been making movies or trying to make movies since I was a kid.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, your little kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the hardest part will always be raising the money.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: No matter how great of a script I write or how much of a cool project I come up with, something, at the end of the day, movie making is expensive, guys, and I find myself constantly, either in meetings or on phone calls, asking for money.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I know.
Speaker 4: And the hardest part is that it'd be great if we all knew a bunch of billionaires. But like most people, don't want to put up the entire amount of money themselves. You need smaller chunks of money from a lot of different people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even the studios aren't giving you money to go there. Nobody's going here's fifteen million dollars, go make a movie anymore. That's just not the way it works.
Speaker 1: Now, No. I mean, if you've noticed.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, you watch the credits before a movie, now, you know, it used to be that there'd be like one company, like the studio, like Paramount logo. Now you'll notice there is usually like four or five companies least, and that's because those are the companies usually putting up the money, which is why they get the right to put their logo. So yeah, I mean I laugh now because it's like it's just a never ending scroll of company logos that are you know, because they're each putting in a couple million dollars or a couple hundred thousand dollars. So yeah, getting financing for a film is an art forum onto itself.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. There's so many different ways of raising money too. You can always you know, host events, do fundraisers. We've all been to We've all been to fundraisers and donated money to projects that have meant something to us. I mean when I started Be Free. Be Free by Daniel fishl is a one hundred percent self funded venture. Me and my manager went in fifty to fifty financially on it, and it was it was it was a risk. It was like, I have no idea whether or not this is ever going to be successful, especially because the majority of businesses aren't successful. And you know, it's it is a still a passion project. It's not something that I'm making a ton of money doing. I think I've in the years since I've had the business, I think I've only taken I've taken a paycheck only one year out of it, and the rest of the time the money is just getting reinvested back into the business and you know, finding creative ways of spending and saving and yeah, raising money when needed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I funded all of ADDTV, which Rider was in by myself and no one never even saw it. So put money in and you hope something happens and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just the way it works.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't want the endless search for big money goals to affect your everyday life. And that's why ally Bank is crucial. It's the bank that meets you where money and life.
Speaker 1: They help you save and spend.
Speaker 3: It's a delicate balance, but knowing you have someone like Ally by your side can make all the difference.
Speaker 2: Allybank shows up when real life and money collide with solutions to help you meet your financial goals.
Speaker 1: There's no tricks, no hidden fees.
Speaker 4: Banking built for life today, Allybank member FDIC. You know, we get a decent number of guest pitches for pod meets World. Most are from publicists who have just added us to their rounds because we've commonly been a top two hundred and fifty podcast and they're just doing a good job for their clients. We appreciate it, but we're so niche, so it's pretty rare that we connect with someone being sold as a perfect fit.
Speaker 1: Nie.
Speaker 4: Sorry, thank you, But this week we are talking to a guest who admittingly had an insanely small part on Boy Meets World. We actually only hear her voice in the season seven episode How Corey and Tapega Got their groove back as a reporter on TV reading off lottery numbers that Eric predicted while sneezing. Yikes, I mean just that isike pretty great? But other than maybe a quick memory of hearing Stevie Nicks once. We couldn't imagine there would be too much to talk about. Well, then we read the rest of the pitch and it goes without saying we said, bring her on the podcast. Oh one time, miss teenage New York boy means World wasn't her only TV credit, having appeared on the Practice. This trailblazing entrepreneur, award winning TV host and Queen of Pitch has over two point five billion dollars worth of product sales to her name. She was a pioneer of the infomercial, having one hundred and ninety seven to her credit and having been a spokesperson for products like Jack Lelane's Power Juicer, micro Grill, Maxi Glide More Furniture Stores, and her own exercise device, the spin Jim, which has sold over two million units globally. She has delivered two TED talks and became so synonymous with selling a fit and healthy lifestyle on TV. She was elected to the National Fitness Hall of Fame and Museum in twenty ten. I assume near your plaque will yes on TV we weren't her only stop. She also appeared on twenty four, The Practice, and as Stuart Scott's original co host for ESPN's The X Games. Her upcoming fourth book is called Pitch Secrets A to Z and it will help you increase your influence, impact and income in twenty twenty six. But that still leaves one question we're looking to answer on the podcast. What the was she doing on Boy Meets Wow? Please welcome to the podcast The Endlessly Interesting Doctor Forbes Riley.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, how's everybody doing you? Oh my gosh, you have no idea how excited and happy I am to be here.
Speaker 4: Well, first, doctor Riley, you are pranking us, right, You're not gonna baba booi twenty times and then hang up. Your story is so surreal.
Speaker 5: But you know the crazy thing is that my story starts like on your show. How crazy is that?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: Did you not see the episode?
Speaker 4: I saw it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you don't see me because you guys, I trust me. I was a little shocked when I got to the studio too, going you have a voiceover, I'm like, and you're kidding. And I'm billed as a guest star, which even really pisses me off.
Speaker 4: I know, a full guest star, but we just hear your voice reading some lottery numbers.
Speaker 5: That's how successful I was back then. And I know I made you guys really rich and famous. Oh wait, one of you tore up the lottery ticket, didn't you? One?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's first address the elephant in the room. You had modeled and maybe dabbled a little bit in acting, But how did your voice end up on No?
Speaker 5: No, let me Danielle, Let me let me first. Let's go back to the very beginning. You were not my first. Sorry you want to be, but.
Speaker 4: I want to be your first. I just that's the way it works.
Speaker 5: We always move over. We have a whole other conversation.
Speaker 1: Wow, favor done?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing, really quick. I grew up as an ugly, goofy little girl. And what do I mean by that? When I was a kid, my parents are second generation immigrant from Ukraine. They sent me off to elementary school. Nobody noticed that my job was really deformed. My teeth went in all different directions, and so I got slapped with braces. Did you guys wear braces?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Screw all of you.
Speaker 3: Sorry on TV, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Retainer there go ahead of retain.
Speaker 5: Okay, eight years they took a little girl for eight years and put full set of braces headgear. But then for two of those years they screwed a thing called a tongue thruster into my mouth. At I'm around here, I didn't have any friends. I literally had a point to communicate. I had a It was very awkward, but it allowed me to dream really big, and I watched a whole lot of television, and I was very smart, graduated a year early in high school and in college, and I was going to be a lawyer because ugly little girls don't do that. But the funniest thing happened. I discovered the art of manifestation. When I was just fifteen years old. My dad slipped. He was a printer, and he cut off the front of his hand. He spent my entire high school in a hospital, fifteen operations rebuilding his hand. So now you got this ugly, goofy girl, who, by the way, then got hit with the baseball bat. I had a broken nose, I had frizzy hair, I was overweight, and I had these braces.
Speaker 2: Wait, was it an accident or did somebody literally just come up and hit you with a baseball back?
Speaker 5: No, I stood behind somebody and.
Speaker 1: I okay, thank god. Okay.
Speaker 5: So my parents again, they didn't think to fix this. It was really weird, and I'm in my dad's hospital room. My mother turned to me, she said, kid, oh, we have no money for college. That was the only dream I had when I was fifteen. And what happened was she said, well, there's a Miss Teenage America pageant happening, and she looked at my face and she said, that's not going to work for us. She didn't mean to be mean, she meant to protect me. My dad's doctor, though, overheard that. He turned to her and said, you know what, wellcuse she said, the Miss Teenage America pageants having a scholarship to college. And my dad's doctor said, I'm going to fix your daughter's nose for free, the craziest thing. And I'm going to find this picture for you, because i'd always get this reaction on going, oh my god, seriously that happened. And so I woke up the next couple of days later, and all of a sudden, my eyes were bigger, my nose was cute, my braces were off, and I looked in the mirror and I saw a girl that I'd always dreamed of looking at. And I said to her, We're going to enter this stupid competition. We're going to win. And I did. I went. There were five hundred girls. The first time I ended up on TV with Bob Hope on NBC at fifteen and a half years old, representing New York talking like this, and it was phenomenal, and it was also devastating because I got that. But there I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in nineteen seventy seven with these cute little pageant girls going, yeah, I had the funniest accent I never heard. I'm like, keeps talking about I'm not an accent. Ione's talk what's wrong with it? And so I didn't. I wasn't very I understood what prejudice was. I was really hurt and devastated. Went off to college to be a lawyer, and something happened at college and I decided, no, I've always wanted to be an actress. This is not a joke what happened. And maybe you'll appreciate this as actress because I don't get to talk to other actors a lot. I had auditioned for high school plays my whole life, and I got Towns Person number three or chorus, and I dreamed of being the lead and I never ever got there. And so senior year audition for As You Like It, Shakespeare's biggest character. Right, wait, here's a fun poot I'm going to share with you before I get to that part of the story. Now, they took a mold of my teeth, and my mother was a bit of a hoarder, so she saved the mold. It's nineteen sixty eight. I still have it, by the way, same crazy ugly little girl. No, no, I see it either. I promise you, if you were casting for Ugly Girl, you would have cast her.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: The other thing that I dealt with my whole life is I dealt with being overweight and being in our industry. I was crucified for that. So the point is that one of the fun little stories. I'm in college and I ended up auditioning for Shakespeare's As You Like It. I expected to get Town's Person. I didn't get it, and when I looked at the callboard, my name wasn't even there. And I thought that moment where you're like, I'm not even that I don't even deserve this. But the irony. I looked to the sea who got the lead Rosalind? And there was my name? And I walked into the acting professor who was the director of this, and I said, all right, dude, you got to explain this to me. Why would you choose me? I had some serious bullying issues over how I looked, and he sat me down. He said, you're my ideal Rosalind. Here's the crazy thing about Professor David Richmond, the guy looking at me, he was one hundred percent legally blind.
Speaker 2: Hmmmm.
Speaker 5: He's a blind Shakespeare and director. He couldn't see everything that everyone else always saw. And on that belief the show was a hit. I was really successful in this. I called my parents and said, guys, I love you, but I'm going to New York to be an actress. Silence, and I said. They said, we can't afford to help you. And I said, that's okay. I got this. I auditioned for from Backstage magazine. I auditioned for my very first movie. What I'm sure you've all seen. It's called Splatter.
Speaker 1: University, Blatter you movie.
Speaker 5: Oh God, when you go look this up, it has on Facebook page. Thirty years later, the professor everyone loves my character. That movie was crazy. I didn't tell anybody about the lead role, and it set my path for everything. And I've done about I don't know, thirty five movies since I did soap operas, I did commercials. I did a Broadway show with Christopher Reeve. I have stories for days about wanting to be this actress and communicate because when I moved to LA I ended up hosting the Laugh Factory for three years. I was the host every Friday and Saturday night Cool. I hosted the X Games for ESPN. I just kept communicating people, and people are like, my agents were really upset with me because they're like, you're all over the place. I'm like, no, I'm just communicating. You. Guys don't understand. I can talk. That's all I want to do is keep talking.
Speaker 2: Well, you're also way ahead of your time, because that's what everybody's doing now is they're doing.
Speaker 1: Everything you're they're hosting this, they're doing commercials for that. They're not just a yeah stage and so yeah, you were way ahead of your time with that.
Speaker 5: Can I share a secret that I never really shared until recently? Yes, So there was no me too movement when because I'm a little older than all of you. I think the age of all you combined.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, you still have a self esteem issue with it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, as I just turned sixty six.
Speaker 4: Okay, congratulations older old.
Speaker 5: And so so I go to I finally get a big agent to agree to me with me. I'm very excited about this. I go to the hotel where the restaurant is only we're not eating downstairs. We're meeting upstairs in his room because he ordered lunch and I didn't realize I was on the menu, and nobody understood that when they were back then was this in the eighties? And luckily he was shorter than I was. I'm like, dude, you got to be kidding me, right, you know this is not happening. And I left kind of unscathed, except I love with the fact going more do I do? Now? How do I find? Even though I was working? So I decided to do something crazy. And again I've not told this until recently because forty years later, nobody can arrest me. But I got a piece of stationary. I created no agency called Creative Management for Artists CNA. You know, I hired my own. I hired a woman named z Maxwell, and Lindsay was this British woman who was enamored with Forbes Riley and truly understood this one word how to pitch her. And so for three years I was my own manager because I was Lindsay Maxwell.
Speaker 2: So he just made up your own management company and then put on a different voice and became your own agent.
Speaker 5: And I got I got booked everywhere. I was my only client.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you take ten percent of your own for true that I was, That's amazing.
Speaker 1: But Lindsay's kids through college.
Speaker 5: And there was that moment where I wish this was an actual film because at some point I'm on stage doing something and a producer says, I need to talk to your manager. I'm like, I'll be right back, because there was it was a pay phone. There were no cell phones, right, oh no. And I never shared that because I truly thought that I could get arrested for like impersonating somebody and having your own business. That's not really real. But it launched an entire career. It certainly taught me the word pitch, and I was on lots of little rolls everywhere. On the Practice, on Pretenders, I was on twenty four, I finally got on screen. But I did a lot of work. It never quite added up to a career that you knew my name. And then one day I walk into a studio. There's a pen on the desk. It say sell me this pen. And I did, but I did something different. And here's what's so crazy about it. That was thirty five years ago on Saturday. This Saturday, I'm doing a party to celebrate my book. In the book, which is full color, I have pictures of all the people that I've worked with and helped. You don't really read a book in color. And in here His Body by Jake, and I tell the story all the time about how Jake discovered me. And three weeks ago I was in la and I filmed Jake telling me that story. It's like meeting your mentor a full circle moment where he said I saw lots of people, he said, there was only one you. He said, I wanted to hire six people. I only found you. And it was because there was a pen on the table and he said, sell me this pen. And I'm like, oh, dude, I grew up broke, I don't sell things. So I looked at the camera and I said funny thing about pens. My mom when I went up to college, I was fifteen and a half. I was so nervous and insecure. She used to write me long hand notes and I would race to the mailbox to get them. And I realized a pen like this can reach out and touch somebody's heart. I put that down and walked away. He came out from behind the camera, grabbed my faceers, you're going to make me a lot of money. And for five years I sold health and fitness products again, way before my time, way before TikTok, fifteen hundred products. He sold that network for five hundred million dollars. And that then infomercials happened. And I don't know if you remember, but things like the Jacqueline Juicer, Montel Williams Health Master. Oh yeah, here's why this book is because people don't remember I did. Here's the list, one hundred and ninety seven infomercials.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Right, you've seen me everywhere, you just didn't know it was me. And I did make a big deal about ab in thirock Er, abrock Er, abs of Steel, ab Solo, Abtronics, Advocate, Aerobed age Fit, Anthony Morrison, Acquacate all the way to ze Is Email, skincare, and Zoo books. You're like you did all of those? Like, yeah, guys, I've generated over two and a half billion dollars and that was my day job because I suck at being a waitress.
Speaker 3: Wait all right, so how does this work? I want to know how this works? Like, they don't have a script necessarily. You just learned about the product and put you in front of the camera and say go like, how does it work?
Speaker 5: So there's two things. There were infomercials, which was a scripted half hour production, and then there's live QVC or HSM. You guys have never done any live at all.
Speaker 1: Daniel's the QVC champ.
Speaker 4: I sell my handcare products on QVC.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, my girlfriend fifteen years there and there's no script, is there?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No? You pretty much? And they give you a host.
Speaker 4: That you don't know yep, correct, right, and.
Speaker 5: Then we can talk about what it means to be on at seven am or three am in the morning.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: That's been thirty five years of my life and it's so motor up?
Speaker 1: Did you that sounds obs?
Speaker 4: Look on the list?
Speaker 5: I know I did book I pretty motor Up.
Speaker 1: Motor Up.
Speaker 5: No, what is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? No, it was about again.
Speaker 2: I lived in Amsterdam and one of the only things I got at night was was the motor Up commercial. So I watched it every single night, and it's how I literally memorized it in Dutch, so I couldn't remember if that was you or not.
Speaker 5: So that's funny. No, I would have known that I did. Go. I finally created my own product. I created thing called the spin Jam and this has been around the world and I've done this in eighteen different languages.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll talk about spin Jam. I don't know how that's where anything out, So I'm going to need you to sell me on it.
Speaker 5: Oh girl, watch your boobs go up. I'm sorry, but it really works your check. No, seriously, it does. I have a crazy story. You know, I'm kind of outrageous sometimes and I'm really shy other times. Oh, very hard to live in this head.
Speaker 4: To writer's point when you don't have the script when you have to do a thirty minute infomercial, are you or do you know like where it starts and then what you have to hit in the middle and kind of where it ends.
Speaker 5: So it's ironic that we've never had you guys do an infomercial, because you probably should. Infomercials are scripted, and the thirty minutes is broken up into seven sec seven minute sections, three of them for twenty one minutes, and it's you definitely have a script. It's you and the co host, and you can certainly improvise. But even between all that as a testimonial that call to action, Hey but wait, buy more, and you'll see that three times as well. So those are very structured. What's cool about an infomercial is you shoot it once. I shot the Jaqueline Juicer one time. It aired for a years in eighty countries and produced a billion dollars on one show.
Speaker 1: I bought one?
Speaker 5: Did you really?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: I bought I swear got I bought one, And the first time I had to go shopping for all the vegetables, I was like, I'm never ever doing this again.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have to know. How did your voice then end up on Boy Meets World? You move out, you are pursuing a career in acting, You're on things, your face is on things. How did you book the Boy Meets World job?
Speaker 5: It was my agent? You know it came across her desk. I honestly, when I showed up to the set, there's a real interesting moment there. I was insanely disappointed. I really did not believe that I was not on camera. I'm like, there's no way you're just using my voice, OUTE. I want to hang with these guys. I love this show. And that's the funny thing about your show is that people really still love it. There was a warmth and a heart to that show, and it was wildly disappointing that that's all that I got to do. But I got a great billing, and that's what my agent you know, back then, And I'm sad that I split my agents in my attention. But when this hosting thing happened, literally the birth of hosting shows. Ryan Seacrest and I had the same agent for a long time. Who's now the head of Sean Perry is the head of Endeavor. But he was very aggressive, and Ryan was really smart. Ryan didn't want to be an actor. He just wanted to be a host. I had a really cool career as a TV host. I just didn't see myself. That was never my first love. So while I got offered e entertainment, and I got offered a lot of other shows like The View and stuff, not really what I wanted to be focusing on. I wanted to be an actress, and I believed for a little, probably a little too long, that I could be the next Julia Roberts was Sandra Bullock and I did a lot of stage work. I created some amazing characters. Here's a fun fact. I created one woman show. I was doing a play with Ted Lambs from love Boat. He was my director, and I wrote some monologues and I showed them to him and he said, these are brilliant. I'm like, really, I didn't like my writing and he said, no, no, no, these are brilliant. I'm going to produce this for you. Well, Lily Tomlin saw my one woman show, and don't if you know, but she did a Tony Award winning show called Search for Signs of Intelligent Life, and she cast me in the roles, all fifteen of them, so she could rewrite it, update it, and then she did it in la And I'm like, who spends two and a half hours on stage alone playing fifteen characters with no set change and no costume change. I think I was as talented as I thought I was. I just couldn't get agents or whoever you needed to believe in me enough to really make that happen. So I got probably a B plus level theatrical agent, but infomercial wise, I was the king. And then my theatrical agent was like, well, you're making all this money here, I don't even need to submit you for things. I'm like, oh, so, it's kind of funny, and I'll tell you the final story that I'd love that you guys will appreciate this. I got the lead in a TV series. It's called Fashion House, and I played the Alexa Carrington type with all of these gorgeous models, and I was running the show and it was an hour on my network TV, the Fox affiliate thing, and I was gonna run for sixty five episodes and I crushed it and you can watch that. I love the character. I love who she was. At the eleventh hour, two things happened. One they called me President Fox said, your name's not famous enough for us to run this entire show on. You're gonna recast you. We're gonna recast you with Bo Derek.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, right.
Speaker 5: That was hurtful. I mean, her name was definitely big. She was not this tough, ballsy actress that I was. That probably would have made me as an actress. And the next day my agent called and said, hey, I'm gonna let you go. And I'm like, I have two three year old baby twins. What do you mean you're gona let me go? He says, yeah, my son's gonna take over the agency. Only once people who are twenties. You're already in your forties. And I'm like, but I booked the lead in a series. I mean, how often you get that car? And I walked out of the door and I had a moment that I'll never forget because I was mad at him, really mad. I'm like, you know this because I'm going to move to I know I'm going to Florida, that's where HSN is. But I don't get to act anymore, do I? And the voice was like not now, No, that's not what your path is. And I'm like, but that's what I wanted. I've trained it, I see myself on Broadway. I see all these amazing so sort of wanted. And he said, no, we want you for something else. I'm like really, and I moved out to Florida, and I created a brand, and I raised my twins. I crushed home shopping. I've made a million dollars in a day with this thing on home shopping. I've generated billions. I've helped in the last iteration of what I've created, we have over one hundred and fifty thousand students who are now getting their message out their living better lives. They're feeding their families because they know how to sell and pitch what they do. And if I get to act. I did a movie last year. I played a bad girl, the bad girl, really bad in an action western called Black Creek. And there's opportunities if I want to continue to maybe come back to that. And I'm certainly a character right now. But I was a little heartbroken. However, I have this story to tell that when one door closes or you get fired from a job you wanted, just look at it as a chapter that closed, not the end of the story. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, once you did your first infomercial, did they just keep offering them to you or did you have to audition for a few of them?
Speaker 5: You know, that was the crazy thing because I'd been doing Body by Jake and back then it was the Wild West, by the way, like it is right now. With TikTok Shop, I did one video. I don't know, have you guys seen the School of Hard Knocks? Oh, please write this down and check this out thus because he probably should connect to you guys as well. I did one video with him. I got twenty one million views on TikTok. That just changed my life again. And so if I go back there, I didn't because five years with Jake, people in the cable industry all knew who I was. When infomercials launched and I did my first one, I didn't even it was bizarre. You walk into a commercial audition. You've all done commercials, right, M Yeah, you get that? Hi, that tastes good. I suck it stuff. It's so phony for me. I could not be the progressive girl. I just could never nail that little short thing. I read this script and it's in the book The Story of This and it was a five page commercial script and I thought, I don't understand, and I'm reading it and it's a really cute banter between a guy and a girl, and I grabbed a guy in the lobby who has got this kind of Mopish Beatles. Look about him. He was from Canada, was the newsman, and I said, read this with me, and we did. I said, I think this isn't as much about the words as it is about the chemistry. We go in and we book it. That was my very first one. That show paid me more money than my entire career all put together, because you would get back end residuals, not like movies and TV that have to go through a union. I got a percentage of sales at one hundred million dollar product, and you've got one percent. You don't work again, and all of a sudden I learned to go. It catapulted me into a world that was very unique. And also these things ran all the time. I sa I can commercial main infomercial was for a commodities book. This guy had analyzed two hundred years. Imagine this now with AI two hundred years of trading, created a book that guaranteed that eighty percent of the time if you did exactly what he said, you'd make money. Two hundred and fifty million dollars. This thing was on your TV every other commercial, and all of a sudden, people like, we want that girl, we want that girl. And I didn't have to audition again.
Speaker 1: So wait, you said something really interesting. Do you do You normally.
Speaker 2: Get a piece of the product that you're selling for these infomercials.
Speaker 5: Only if you're a good negotiator.
Speaker 2: Really, so you're yeah, I mean you're then basically you own part of the product in a way.
Speaker 5: I mean you're for as long as the infomercial runs. You get paid on a percentage of sales. You don't own equity in the company, which is a different negotiation. And I will tell you I blew a really big negotiation. Kevin Harrington from Shark Tank was just interviewing with me and we both had this celsiust deal and the deal was one hundred thousand shares of Celsia. Now you might want to do the math on this guy. Yeah, it was ten cents of share when that offered it to me. Levin took the deal. I did not, because my ex partner at the time said, oh, there's a big tax liability. It's not going anywhere. Don't worry about it. That stock is now worth four hundred and fifty dollars a share. Wow, some you win, some you lose, right for sure?
Speaker 3: I want to know and I don't think you probably can't actually be specific about the product, unless maybe it's completely out of business. But I want to know a time when you hated something that you were pitching or you just thought it was the dumbest product.
Speaker 4: In the world.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with that? Like, what do you do?
Speaker 5: Okay, most of the products I really liked every once in a while, I hated one the very first time I went to QVC, and Danielle, I don't know what your experience was, but I've been doing you know, Live to Tape on Body by Jake and informercials, and I'm pretty good with cameras. I was given a product called biodeplis. I don't know what the hell that means. Don't do a product who's name? Ready? No, no, no, it gets gets better.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a disease you catch, all right.
Speaker 5: Who does? It retards the growth of your hair? And I'm like, it makes it people thought, I know you're not supposed to say these words anymore, right, but right, it doesn't stop the growth. And I'm like, I can't say. They were on television and not like big Ole. So I get to QVC and there's it's a big, big thing with like seven cameras and no camera operators. Everything's automatic. And I'm like the host, I don't know her, she doesn't know me, and I'm like, Hi, where am I looking? What am I doing? And I left that moment and I'm like, I'm never doing that again. That's that was horrible. About six months later, I get a phone go going, hey, we know that you do this whole fitness thing. I'm like, yeah, I do fitness on he'said, well, we got an elliptical trainer. It's on QVC. I said, so stop right there. I'm not doing that again. So no, no, let me show you something. The girl goes there, she does it seven six times a year. She makes seventy thousand dollars, and I'm like, sixty seventy screw that. I'm going to QVC and I show up and I have this crazy affinity. My first year, I generated two hundred and ten thousand dollars with a product I did, like, so you got it. If you don't like the product, don't do it. Nowadays, your reputation and with YouTube, if you don't like something, it lives forever. Only do things that you love.
Speaker 1: Why would you not want your hair to grow.
Speaker 4: I know I'm trying.
Speaker 5: Not on your legs, not on your head.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes more sense. Okay, I'm like, what like your back hair? Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh gotcha? Okay, how's my bald?
Speaker 1: Men?
Speaker 3: Only?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Why would you not want your hair like you know all those women that are like.
Speaker 1: Oh, too much hair that it just keeps coming.
Speaker 4: It's just so thick and voluminant of this hair.
Speaker 5: Where are you, guys?
Speaker 4: What I needed you?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Where does the idea of you having your own products? When does that idea to play?
Speaker 5: I love you God, that's like the best segue we're gonna have to you have to do this again. So I did something right to your to you, by the way, my son's name is Riker. It's kind of cool to your point. I made a decision. I'd had my two kids and I raised a little boy from South Central who's a little darker than my jacket. And he was best man at my wedding. I love mister Dexter. And six months after my babies were born, I was living in Van Eyes. He was walking from a haircut to church and he was gunned down. And my wedding photo was sadly on the cover of the La Times. You don't want that. And I had a very kind of come to Jesus moment where I said, look, mis Forbes, righty here, you're not selling anything you don't love anymore. No more nudity in movies. And I'm joking. I did one or two of those. You'll have to find out which one of those are on IMDb.
Speaker 1: Is it Squish University or whatever? There was Splatter Spider Slatter you. Okay, you and I.
Speaker 5: Need to go do Squish University.
Speaker 2: With him.
Speaker 4: He's the best.
Speaker 5: No, it was not. I've done a lot of films and I started in two films later that you know, the love scene. If you're the lead in a movie, that's what they want you to do. And I said, I'm not doing that anymore, and I'm never going to sell a product I don't love with that. The phone rings because the universe has a funny sense of humor. And they said, hey, you also said I'm not going to go to London. I made forty eight trips to London because QBC over there made me a whole lot of money. Okay, but I was leaving my babies and you have to make some decisions in life. But the phone rings and say, look, we cannot We're offering you a Today's special. You can generate about one hundred thousand dollars in one day, keep talking serious money. And but you got to it's a treadmill. It's a manual treadmill. And I said yes. Then the treadmill shows up and it's a piece of crap. And I put this together and I'm like, all right, you got a lot of integrity here. You can't say no to them. You're going to do this one last time, but this sucks. You made a promise to yourself. So I fly all the way over to London. It starts at midnight and you're on for twenty four hours. First time the show ever doesn't work. It's terrible. I can't I'm not doing good. I go back on at one am. We're still not doing good. And now I find myself on my knees in my green room it is the green room, and hide it on my own saying I got two kids, I've lost my parents. Both of my parents died right before my kids were born. Dexter's gone, my marriage is not working. I don't know what to do. And then as if on cue. A guy walks in the door at two am in the morning with one of these. It's something like this. It's in silver and it's kind of like this, and I said, what's that. He said, it's an office d stresser. And I pulled on it and I said, well, that doesn't do anything. That's really stupid, and I gave it back to him. He goes on TV. I'm watching the Green Room and he sells a bunch of them, and I'm like, it comes back. It's three am, and I'm like, I don't get it. What is this? He said, Oh, you just wind it up like this and you give it a tug. Now, I'm going to send one to you. Guys, let me share something with you. The moment you tug this thing, your entire body vibrates. This thing spins at one hundred and twenty five thousand rpm. It's not in resistance bandits. And I'm anything you've ever seen before. And I looked at this and I swear to God and I'm going to do this on my kid's life. I had a vision. I saw me doing all of these things with this thing, and I'm like, how do I get this? He said, I'll give you this one. I said, no, no, no, what's what's the company? And I never asked a question like that before in my life. I was a hired actress spokesperson. What did I know? He said, Well, the company's not doing great. I've sold out one hundred thousand in the last five years. He said, I'm a corporate magician, and I want to go back to this. You want to get chills. My dad was a magician my whole life and he's been gone at this point. And I'm like, he said, he said, I'll tell you what. Mi what he said, I'll not only give you this, but I'll give you my entire company. If you can sell twenty five thousand in the first year and then give me a small percentage, it's yours. I go home. Now. I'm a former dancer and a pilates instructor, and I downloaded all these Oh my god, this is for your triceps, this is for your Oh you can punch, you can do your abs, you can do your you can I'm like downloading everything. I'm writing all of these things and it's magnificent. And then a TV series called Discovery found me and said, hey, I want to do this reality show with you. We're going to put your product on there. We spent five months filming, like, go, oh my god, this is like no Rana. I finally made it right and I pour my heart out of it. I'm like Susanne Summers is to Thie Master, as Forbes Riley is to spin Jim, And I'm having the time of my life until it airs on Discovery. I have all my friends watching this big TV screen and apparently they were doing a reality show and I was doing my life. The two didn't combine. They decided to make me look really bad. In fact, that one moment during the filming they said to me, because I made a deal with this guy that I would never sell it because it's until I got all the rights for less than nineteen ninety nine. Not a big deal, right. So I'm reading the prompter while they're filming this reality show and I'm like, for the chest, it's the best twenty nine ninety nine. For the chest, it's the best nineteen ninety nine. But guys, I can't say nine ninety nine. I'm not allowed to do that. The reality cameras go, what do you mean you can't do nine inety nine, and I'm like, I can't. Then they said they brought me a plastic version of this, and I said, I would never put my name on a piece of sheep plastic crap that you're selling for nine ninety nine. Edit, Edit, you know what America saw. I would never sell anything for nine ninety nine. I didn't say that. They did that a lot throughout the show, like I don't need any help to look bad, and they really went full force on me that night. Spingem was the number one Google word I was. My n name was the number three, and it was not good. Comments like that, greedy witch, I would be happy to sell anything for nine ninety up. And I'm like, oh my god, what just happened here? Five months I'm dreaming of this moment and it crashed. My ex husband he's in bed with me at the moment. He turns me. He says, what are you gonna do now? I'm like, I'm gonna sell spinjems. He said, well, nobody wants it. I said they're wrong. He said, well, they can't all be wrong, and I said, but they are. And I said, he said, but you need money. I said, then mortgage this house, Mortgage my kid's education fund. You didn't understand this is our future, this is our life. I saw it. I'm making this happen, and he did. We pushed all of our chips in and then it's a little bit longer. But at some point. I launched on January ten, twenty ten, and very reluctantly hsaid bought five thousand units. Thirty four minutes, we sold out, and I then went on to do a million dollar day and at the end of the day, I was right. I got an apology for mister Steve Beers, who was the guy behind Discovery. He said, we were making reality TV and you would just leave the object of era, you know.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, and then you took over the company of the spin. Then he kept his word and you got.
Speaker 5: Well I didn't. Ironically, I created my own company. I got the entire product, I got all the IP I created my own patent. I've gone full force on this. But here's what's interesting. Twenty ten, right or twenty sorry, twenty we're all having a moment. I'm a big manifesto. Okay, So when I left my husband and I said I want someone who looks like you walked off the cover of a romance novel to be my next man. I just happened to say that, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: There's so few of us out there.
Speaker 5: I adore you. You know. I him around tom So and it's pretty funny because I found him because he ended up being a fitness model for Spin Jim kind of ironically. But uh, I put that out to the world that that's what I wanted. And when people say to me, so, forb can I see a picture of your husband, I simply say yes. But if you don't say wow when I show him to you, I'll give you each one hundred dollars. Okay, that seems fair. Fair? Yeah, I know right. So had one quick second and see if I can share my screen that is my husband.
Speaker 1: Jesus ol Wow. Wow.
Speaker 4: I was really thinking, like I'm not gonna say wow, but I am.
Speaker 1: It looks like AI generated thank man. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, he is that guy. And now here's the crazy thing. So twenty ten, he gets twenty, he gets a really bad motorcycle accident I don't know, and he loses it all. He then builds it all back because he's going to go on and become everything he wanted to be in terms of mister Universe and other things. But he had to build that body back.
Speaker 4: So now did it all with the spin Jym?
Speaker 5: No, I love it. No, but he does love the spin Jim. And that's the crazy thing is he does promote it and talk about it all the time. But no, I'm not going to lie to you. This man builds muscle through a routine that he created. And I don't know if we're going to have time for this. But last year I ended up at sixty four in a bodybuilding competition for the first time. I ended up losing thirty five pounds, fifteen percent body fat, and got a metal after a really bad car accident with him. I got stories for days, got little.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I want to know about a bodybuilding competitions on my on.
Speaker 1: My doing this too. I've been thinking about it lately. I've been lifting heavier and lifting more.
Speaker 2: I literally did my wife last night, was like I might actually start bodybuilding.
Speaker 1: I literally just said.
Speaker 5: That, Well, I will tell you, I will show you that photo. But I'm going to back really quick to twenty twenty. So what happened was everything shut down. I was really sad about him, but it's funny because Clubhouse happened. Were you guys on Clubhouse at all? Now? Yeah? It was an audio only app and I ended up with sixty thousand real followers that would listen to me over and over again, and it was an amazing way to start a new business. And my daughter came downstairs and she said, you know what. She was seventeen at the time, and she said, Mom, I've been building websites for your friends, and I know you don't know that. I'm like, excuse me. She had like Joe Thaisman and Less Brown, and I have a bank account that I think you need to know. So she showed me your bank account of seven figure, six figure, sorry it was one hundred thousand dollars and she's seventeen. I'm like, where did you get that money? She said, Mom, I've been building businesses and here's what I'd like to do with us. Spinjim is not going to work right now because it manufactures in China. You should teach pitching, you should teach what you know. You've got a skill and if you die with it, you won't have much of a legacy. And I'd like to help you build that. So we sat in a room we created a whole training and the next thing, you know, we go online. I have twenty five people in a room on this thing called Zoom that nobody knew about, and and she says, I had I'd always had zero in the bank account for that. I had twenty five people, and I had one thousand dollar concept. I could teach you to pitch for a thousand dollars and you spend four weeks with me. I open up our screen the next morning and it says something, and I called McKenna and I said, Hey, what does the case stand for? So what do you mean? Mom? I said, it says we earned twenty five K? Said Mom, last night, you made twenty five thousand dollars. I'm like, I did what said. Everybody in the room bought your stuff. And I'm like, oh, you got kick me. And that's how this whole business started up. Pitching And I did that four times in a row, four times twenty five thousand. It's one hundred thousand. That's a six figure business. And this little girl promised me that if I worked with her and I gave up spingem for a little while, she'd make me a million dollars. Nine months later, we're getting what's called a two Comic Club award because we generated a million dollars. Now, that little twenty three year old is the CEO of our company, and she's generating a million dollars a month. Oh my, talk about So if you go back to the where I'm standing outside my agent's office cursing him out that I'm not an actor, I don't know many actors who are working with their family. My husband and I. He's a videographer, we work together. We own a TV studio out here, and we're generating more money in one month than my father did in his entire working career. That's great, and so I'm grateful to However this all panned out. And then so that's what. Then that's why we're here because I'm talking about pitching. But if you're serious about wanting to do a bodybuilding competition, no, wait, this is how I started. You got to look at this before the accident, that's what that was my body. I took a picture of me in the mirror.
Speaker 4: Now, look damn good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was a little fluffy. I look, I go fluffy sixty year old.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: Nine months later, guys, I'm ninety nine days and I did a little film about this. I turned into this and I'm on stage and I'm competing and I won a medal. I didn't win just one. I won three medals. And I will tell you that whole adventure of bodybuilding waiting after foot, that's one of them. Like it was insane what I created, and at the end I ended up looking at it.
Speaker 1: Like that and this is all your husband's program.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Wow, three months, ninety nine days. Unbelievable, I will say, to be successful, though. The cool thing about saying you're going to be on stage, especially if you say it publicly, like on a show like this, you make a declaration is you don't want to be embarrassed, right, So you're going to do everything you can. So a goal without a consequence is just a dream. I had a little PTSD from the car accident, and I said, this is all that I wanted to and I never want to do. Before I've been with him for nine years. I used to go to those competitions and think they were silly, and now I'm like, I'm doing this for my own health and fitness, and man, there were days where I just was shattered. It was really hard, and I went Instagram live every single day so my audience could see the mornings where I was crying at five am, going this totally sucks. Why did I do this? And then the days I'm like, I'm playing this theme song, going I rock, I'm closing the gym. I'm a champion, and I was a rollercoaster. And then I don't know if you can relate to this, And maybe I'm saying this because your audience needs to hear this, But on day sixty seven, something wicked happen. You know, as an actress who'd fought my weight my whole life. See when I was coming up and I was on a soap opera, I was on As the World Turns, and I'm standing between Meg Ryan and Julian Moore. They're both on my show, and they're both tweagy. Now here's a funny thing. Does this look? What is that? That's a mouse?
Speaker 4: Right, that's a mouse.
Speaker 5: Does the mouse look fat? No, it does when you stick it next to a pen. And I was the mouse. I was twenty pounds overweight. I was normal, and my today's standards, I was just fine. But this made me look really and everybody. I was on Broadway, I got sent to Overeaters anonymous. So I was fixating on this whole, this whole body image, and it destroyed me and I could I mean, John Avilson got on the phone with me, the director from Rocky Academy, a word winning director, was doing this new movie called Neighbors with John Belushi and Dan macrid and I was slated to play the leader with female and he called me personally. He said, look, day, we all love you, but the brass of the money people tell me you need to lose fifteen pounds, and I think. I hung up and ate a donut. I was very I would always yo yo down and I'm kind of a gun news one with chocolate on top of I don't like the cream one, so oh really, Oh my dad liked the cream man. So I would get to that weight and I would always sabotage myself like a ritual. It was disgusting and I'm like, I don't I can't figure it out.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Day sixty seven of my weight loss challenge, I'm sitting in the gym and I see a bridge flying at my face and I'm like, I'm having visions I'm like crying hysterically, and it dawns on me that at fifteen years old, when I'm wearing a bikini, I got molested. It's on a beach, something crazy that happened. And at the end of that day, I was literally fly It's kind of a long story, but flying back on a small private plane and the guy who did it reached over to grab me again while we're flying, and we came this close to a bridge. It's all I remember seeing in the windshield, and we just missed it by this much, being just a crash, kind of like a John John history story. They died in a plane. When I got out of the plane, my dad said, so, how was your afternoon? I'm like, it was fine. I went home to my mom should how was your afternoon? It was fine. I closed my door and I never thought about that memory since until that day when I lost all way more weight than I had ever lost, and it dawned on me how bad I'd been hurt. And then it dawned on me like, oh, you didn't want to be seen all these years. You don't own a bikini because it's too painful. I never, even in my wildest imagination realized that's why I was running my life the way I was. That's why I was kind of angry at men on some weird level. So I did a lot of the things and it all came to fruition. My suggested that is, don't wait, don't let all those angry memories ruin your life, because you should never let your past right your future.
Speaker 1: So wait, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Your husband was in a motorcycle accident and then a car accident like that?
Speaker 1: Was it? Were they close to each other?
Speaker 5: No, In fact, they were completely five years apart. He was in a motorcycle accident right out close to our house. He was recovered in last year. This when it's all happened. My family might have twins. They're twenty three year old boy girl twins. They're beautiful, they're in business, they're fun, they're healthy. And we were at spring break in Iceland. We had that James Bond moment where on a glacier snowmobiling in life is great, man. It was probably one of the best days ever. We're on a bus coming home. I took a picture of them, and that might have been the last thing I ever did. We hit a patch of ice. We go flying through the air and we crashed down on my side of the bus and I wake up and my glass everywhere. But the coolest thing is I have my cheek in my eye and my face and my brain and my life, my shoulders torn up a little bit. We all survived, but it was pretty devastating, and no one else really got hurt. There were a couple of injured that was got that censured. There are a lot of people got injured. Nobody died. We all walked away from it.
Speaker 1: Like a full sized bus. Like a bus accident.
Speaker 5: Going to make me find that too, wann't you?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I have pictures of it.
Speaker 5: I have pictures of well, I you know, professionally what I love when you were little, just real quick, roundtable. What do you want to be, Danielle?
Speaker 4: A waitress?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I absolutely wanted to just bring people food. I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's the sweetest thing.
Speaker 2: Thirty five years of not I've never heard her say that out loud, waitress.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to I wanted to go to.
Speaker 3: Die, and you never got to, right, you never had I was too successful an actress.
Speaker 5: I didn't get to.
Speaker 4: Believely person who had the dream in reverse.
Speaker 3: No, I I always wanted to work in right now.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to work in a movie theater. Even when we were on Boy Meets World. I remember being like, oh, I would love to work in a movie theater.
Speaker 4: I wanted to work at Rubies. While we were on Boy Meets World. I was like, man, I can't wait for Boy Meets World to be over so I could be a Ruby's diner waitress.
Speaker 1: I want to Yeah, that's William.
Speaker 5: What do you want to be?
Speaker 1: An actor?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I wanted to be. Listen. I need you to know you are maybe the most interesting part of the Boy Meets World legacy. I mean truly. Doctor Forbes Riley, thank you so much for being here with us. We are so happy to have been able to chronicle your involvement in our show. What a fun little Easter egg, and for everyone listening. If you want to learn more about Forbes Riley and pre order her upcoming book, The Pitch Secrets A to Z, you can check out her website Forbesreiley dot com or her podcast, Forbes Factor. It's available on YouTube or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: It's been fun and it was fun going back and watching the episode, really was, and I appreciate it when you know, next time we do a series is gonna have to be a little bit bigger role.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, exactly, camera face.
Speaker 5: We thank you so much. You guys have delighted my heart. And I will tell you the reason this has happened, guys, is because I took the courage to write a book. It took me five years to get this one out, and I'm going to encourage all of you to not play small the voices in your past, they may haunt you. Find a way to work those out, because I'll tell you what, you don't get to write a great future from from the backseat. Yeah, and thank you all so very much.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much for being here. Wow, what an inspiration. Nice talking to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: By holy Cow.
Speaker 1: I was a tour de force of storytelling.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: It was just like another thing. And then let me go back to the time I did this. Yeah, it was the ups and downs. I was like, oh my god. Anytime she started out about how something was awful, I was like, well, it's going to get good.
Speaker 3: And anytime it was getting good, I was like, well, it's going to get awful again.
Speaker 1: I want to read Pitch Secrets ATAHS. It looks good.
Speaker 4: I am always so impressed by the littlest things, but things like when someone goes and then on a Tuesday, Jacquel Laine called and he was doing a movie and they remember names and what they were working on. And I'm like, every time I go to tell a story, I go, well, one time, I don't remember who was somebody?
Speaker 1: It was one of.
Speaker 3: Them, you know, they said something that he was a big It's such a good point because it's like be you know, when she talks about manifesting right, so much of that is telling yourself a story and narrativizing your own progress. And she is clearly, since the age of fifteen or whatever, or even probably before that, been narrativizing her own like progress, and so she's always like anything bad happens to her, she immediately said, well, I'm at a downpoint right now, and I'm gonna come overcome it through.
Speaker 4: What's what's going to teach me? H, this was a car accident, glass in my face, take a picture of it, a power point.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be in a podcast and I'm going to talk about it.
Speaker 5: It worked.
Speaker 1: So I have a pitch. I have a pitch, great, a funny infomercial, and then we take over QVC for a day to sell the book.
Speaker 4: Oh that is fun.
Speaker 1: I want to see Writer on QBC our book we're going to sell. Why don't we just get Forbes Riley to sell our book because the fun is going to be us. I want to see Riding.
Speaker 3: We're probably going to make it back because she will sell the crap out of it.
Speaker 1: I I want to see Writer on QVC. That's the that's the the happens.
Speaker 4: It does next to Daniel.
Speaker 1: But she's also one of those people though that you really do.
Speaker 2: Or you finished a conversation where her You're like, I do want a body built, or I do want to sell this, or I could.
Speaker 4: Actually think you work. That you mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Makes you realize. You're like, yeah, you can buy I can't go make more money. I can manifest like damn yeah. Very positive and funny too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very so funny, very funny.
Speaker 1: I want to see Squish University.
Speaker 4: You're starring in a squish University.
Speaker 1: We gotta go. We gotta screen that.
Speaker 4: Write your next writing project.
Speaker 5: Squish you.
Speaker 1: It could be so many things.
Speaker 4: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 2: There's so many different ways to go with this merch call, because it's one of those things where it's like it could be Jacqueline merch, it could be merch.
Speaker 1: It's twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you buy this March, just buy our merch manifest, our merch merch.
Speaker 4: After having the world's best seller on you just.
Speaker 1: Just I can't do it. Do it anything from her?
Speaker 5: That merch?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, if you buy our merch. And then there was a guy I don't remember. Stop, stop think about merches.
Speaker 3: If you invest in this merch right now, you hundreds of thousands of dollars in a day, in a day.
Speaker 4: You missed it all. What she said was, this isn't merch for your body. This is March merch that changes your life.
Speaker 1: This is merch for you.
Speaker 4: This is merch for you. When was the last time you bought something for yourself? You take care of everyone.
Speaker 1: Shirt that's going to change. There it is there, it is.
Speaker 4: Get in the driver's seat of your merch.
Speaker 1: Of your merch.
Speaker 2: That's yeah exactly. I'm going to end up in those tiny little fetos like that guy.
Speaker 4: Merch, and we're going to say wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow. Those are the smallest petos I've ever seen in my life. By that, I didn't want to say anything, but not uggers. You know what they say, the smaller lispeedo. U doesn't work, don't know what.
Speaker 4: Podmeetsworldshow dot com writer send us out.
Speaker 1: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 3: Podmeets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubach, producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com.