Speaker 1: First Date is follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com. Taylor is on the show today for a first Date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Jake. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Taylor, how long has it been since you talked to Jake?
Speaker 2: Hi, it's been six days.
Speaker 1: That's terrible, almost a week.
Speaker 3: It felt like forever though, good, Like I'm like freaking out. It's been freaking out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the worst feeling. How many times have you tried to reach out to him?
Speaker 2: I haven't like reached out to him. I'm just waiting to hear back.
Speaker 4: Did he tell you that he was going to hit you up after the date?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had, We had planned for a whole date and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh but then after the date, our first date, you know, it's been radio silence.
Speaker 1: Okay, stupid.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel so stupid.
Speaker 1: Stupid. Yeah, that's not your fault. That happened, you know, Unfortunately it happens. But we can figure out why. We don't know. It's your.
Speaker 3: Date well, so we actually met at a mutual friend's birthday party and just from that, like that wasn't our first date.
Speaker 2: But that whole night, I mean I spent the entire night talking to him.
Speaker 3: I barely even said happy birthday to my friend, but we were just in the kitchen like making stupid jokes and that kind of led to us talking the entire night and I just had a really great time since then, and I haven't really felt that in a long time. And so we we planned a date and then we got Ramen and we walked around the park and it was like exactly like the moment that we met, it was just like just I don't know, Sparks, I guess, I know it sounds so that. I mean, we were just laughing. Is that they I don't know. It's like I felt like immediately I could be so silly and stupid with him, and everything felt very comfortable and natural.
Speaker 2: Right from the start.
Speaker 3: I don't know, It's like, I mean, he's just really I mean, he's also very cute, Like that doesn't hurt, you know, but it's not even about like looks or anything. It was just this feeling of comfort and being silly and I'm such a silly, stupid person, and I love being silly and stupid. And I feel like so often when I'm talking to guys, it's like they're I don't know, they're expecting me to be a certain way.
Speaker 2: And I didn't feel like that with Jake at all.
Speaker 3: And he's very funny too, and I was the one that makes me laugh, and I'm just I was laughing so much. I was just laughing whole time. I mean, by the end of the first date, we already have so many inside jokes. And you know when you find that, I'm just like, I don't get that often.
Speaker 4: No, totally, But what do you think could have gone wrong?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I do think it is my fault, actually, and I feel like it's the I mean, I'm a clumsy person, but this is like the worst thing that I've ever done. I think it's very embarrassing. So you know that, you know, when you like check in with your best friend in the middle of the day and you just give them like the you know, the text, it's like okay, uh, we're your vibes are.
Speaker 2: Good or whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever. So so actually, I, uh, I did send that text to him instead of let me, just read it to you. Okay, so he said, I said, he's cute, but if he says vibes on ironically one more time, I might combust.
Speaker 5: Of a joke.
Speaker 2: It was kind of a joke because it.
Speaker 3: Was actually I was going to tell her later that that was actually like an inside joke between me and Jake that we were because we were talking like we were.
Speaker 2: Being like bros and I don't know, we were.
Speaker 3: Just pretending to be bros and doing all this stuff, and so it was kind of a funny thing to me that I was just going to tell her about later and then uh, yeah, I spent that to him, and then reading it back, I'm like, oh, that actually sounds like I actually am making a dig at him or something, and that's not all what it was. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I sent that to him.
Speaker 1: What did he say when he got it? Like did he call you out? Like did you just make a message? Or I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I he didn't see it because like I sent it while we were still on a date, and so I mean, he's such a sweetheart, Like he didn't even look at his phone the entire date, so he didn't even see it until after we had already parted ways and I don't know like to date. I did so well, we kissed and we yeah, we made that planned to meet again. And then after after the date, that's when I saw that I had.
Speaker 1: I'd be freaking now too. Well, oh no, we'll see if that is the reason. We'll play a song come back and then call him and see if I'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date. Okay, thank you, gird All right, your first day follow up is next. Right in the middle of your first day follow up, and if you're just joining us, Taylor is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Jake. So we're about to call him and see if I tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her a second date. But first, Taylor, why don't you recap your situation for us real quick?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, six days ago, I went on a date with a really cute guy that I really like a lot, and he made me laugh so much, which never happens. But during the date, I had sent a text that I meant to send to my best friend. I accidentally sent that to him and the text may have seemed like a dig at him, and it was supposed to be a joke and he wasn't ever supposed to see it.
Speaker 2: I think that he may have taken it.
Speaker 1: I feel that second hand anxiety for you. Uh well, I know, we'll see if that is the reason. Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, Maxpeak to Jake. Please yay.
Speaker 2: This is Jake.
Speaker 1: Jake. Hey, how you doing? This is the Jebil Show. It's a radio show. What's up, Jake.
Speaker 4: My name is Nina.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Victoria. I'm Jubil.
Speaker 5: How are you good? Good? How are you good?
Speaker 1: Do you listen to the show?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't listen, not actively?
Speaker 1: All right, well, no worries. The reason we're calling you today is because of a segment that we do do on the show. Sorry about that. You should really listen because that's the that's the high caliber kind of stuff you get on the show. You know, it's really funny to read it was funny to meet you because do do Victoria? God, Jake, I'm sorry. We do a segment on the show called the First Day follow Up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them. That person can email us and get you on the phone to ask you why you're ghosting. So we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is is that Taylor? Is it Taylor?
Speaker 1: Yes? It is Taylor. You did that fast?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have a few minutes to talk to us about it and tell us why you're ghosting?
Speaker 4: Totally?
Speaker 2: I'd love to.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, yeang. Now this just makes it even worse. She was, she was fantastic. She she's amazing, she's she's she's gorgeous. I don't know, it's not hear not too long ago at a birthday party. It was just like we just like we just hit it. I don't know, you don't know how. I don't know. You meet somebody and it's just like, yeah, this makes sense. Yeah, just like flows really well. And it was great. And I mean she did she she text me this thing about about fivees and combusting, which I don't think there was I thought it was so funny. I just didn't reply. I it's kind of really stupid. So my roommate got a VR headset, you know, you put them on, you know, like go into you didn't play games and four Yeah, no, they're crazy, but like, and I've never used to before, so I kind of got like really really addicted to her soule reality Ping Pong, and I've been going crazy in it. And I stood too close to the corner of this wall and fractured my wrist as I was playing.
Speaker 1: You fractured your wrist playing VR, So.
Speaker 5: It's okay, I mean it's stupid. I feel so stupid about it. And now, like, because I fractured it, I like it hurts the whole my phone, like my phone sitting on my desk right now, and I'm just speaking into it. I I can't tie, if I can't text, I can't I can't play virtual reality ping Pong, I can't do anything.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 5: It's just cool. But like I've tried to, I'm trying to verbialize my text, you know, and like speak them out so that Serie picks them up, comes out like vibes are snorting and Brahmin's destiny and it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Okay, So because you hurt your wrist, you can't communicate with people.
Speaker 5: I can't feel dumb, okay, honestly.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why you're ghosting.
Speaker 5: A little bit, because like I don't know how to it's frustrating when I can't text it and I don't know how to be like, hey, I would talk to you because virtual reality pong anything.
Speaker 4: Who all of you guys hit it off like you think you did. I don't know that she'd think it was dumb. Maybe she thinks it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess maybe I didn't really think about that.
Speaker 2: Can I say something? Can I say something?
Speaker 1: Yes, you can sailor she's and on the phone listening.
Speaker 2: Oh wait what yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Like I just I thought I totally humiliated myself.
Speaker 2: I've been spiraling for the past six days. But you you've got a VR ping pong wrist injury?
Speaker 3: What yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah kind of.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't like that's so random and adorable, but also like.
Speaker 2: It's been six days and I thought that you hated me with.
Speaker 1: Them right now.
Speaker 2: I don't hate you.
Speaker 5: I literally I could. I could never hate you. I that I was. I've been like really happy that that we met and beating myself up that I feel like I can't just like be an adult and just do the adult thing and tell you I broke my wrist plan being.
Speaker 3: That I was like, I would like your ping pong with you, Jake, I play that with me, you know once once your field.
Speaker 5: I mean, I can just walk to my left hand, and he used you right.
Speaker 4: Okay, we probably shouldn't say you can take your left hand, otherwise she's gonna get even more man. You could have texted with your left hand.
Speaker 5: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know, guys, Jake, She's a very cute human.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, well that's Jake. Would you like to go out on another day with Taylor? Will pay for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, well Taylor, congratulations, Yay.
Speaker 5: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy.
Speaker 3: Let me you.
Speaker 1: You're going to sleep good tonight?
Speaker 2: Absolutely you WOS
Speaker 1: First date follow up