Speaker 1: Who's that knocking at the door. It's all your friends. You've filthy horse, your husband's gone, and we've got books and a bottle of wine to kill.
Speaker 2: It's Hollywood, it's books, It's gossip.
Speaker 1: I'm shook, its memoir, It's Martinis. Celebrity puff Club, read it while it's hot.
Speaker 2: Celebrity poof Club.
Speaker 1: I'll tell your secrets.
Speaker 2: We won't talk celebrity books.
Speaker 1: No boys are a loud cele say it loud and poud. Celebrity book Club.
Speaker 2: Buzz me in. I brought the queer Voe.
Speaker 1: Hey Bess, Hey b ooh, are you hungry for more?
Speaker 2: Lily, I'm literally starving.
Speaker 1: I want It's been but a whole week since we talked about Keith Acnelli, and I think we have a lot more to say.
Speaker 2: We have so much more to say, and honestly like, oh god, I'm craving a Martinian soho or red wine and meatpack egg.
Speaker 1: Well shake up that gin, mama, because we're going straight to soho Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Everyone turn your page to page one hundred and thirty five, where we love it.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: This whole book is also him just being like, well, it costs fourteen point five million to build the bar for Luxembourg. But I was raking in eighty million odeon, but we owed seventeen point five to build pasties. Yeah, there's an Alena Waters on the line calimony of sixteen million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so this whole there's the divorce with Alenos. Basically, he has a stroke and he's got three kids with his first wife. He's got two kids with a second wife. He has a stroke. He's like in London and it's like not going well and he wants to go back to New York where like his restaurants are and his ex wife is and his other kids are, and like so he does and Alena and the way he paints it is that Aleno like really resents him for it, and it's like becomes really kind of mean to his like former kids and you.
Speaker 2: Know, uh uh and stops even speaking to the former to his first set of children.
Speaker 1: The way he describes her. I I at first, I had very little sympathy for hour. It was just like, I don't know, he had a stroke, he has an ex wife, he has ex kids. Like you can't like if she's supportive of him, like that's great, Like don't you want more help in this like situation? Don't you want more hands on deck? And like you're really gonna feel territorial now, Like that just feels so like insecure, But as you read on and you remember the relationship, you kind of feel like that was an insecurity that was maybe always there that's just coming out more. And she just never felt like she like he didn't respect her as much because Lynn and him were business partners and restauranteurs together, and they are so.
Speaker 2: So sang right where it's like, well, the first wife who you know, maybe he can really like speak to about, you know, the ins and outs of the odeon and everything in their lives. But he, you know, fall deeply in love for Lena and is so sexually attracted to yeah, because she's like amazing because she's her sex and the city friends at Pravda, right, I'm just like, well yeah, like I mean I was looking at photos, like and she's just.
Speaker 1: Like I love cut Stevens because he's so authentic and he's.
Speaker 2: Just like and he's.
Speaker 1: Like myself, this dumb bitch.
Speaker 2: But like and also there's all these you know, and Elena's trying if he were if he were coming into his hospital room and he's like fully stroke paralyzed and they're riding him.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, if you were actually working classroom bethnal Green, like he would be like so fucking like I hit the jackpot with Elena, Like he would not be making her feel inadequate by wanting to talk about like plays and fucking Fauvism with Lynn. And in addition to like everything, he's salvaging for the restaurant or whatever, right.
Speaker 2: And he has this dig in Elena where he's like, I made it. It's so important for me to take George and Alice my kids with Elena to like all these museums, and I'm always taking them to Hamburg to like see this painting. And I was afraid when I had my stroke that she wouldn't be doing that. But she cared about their education, and he was like kind of like, I don't really care about schools.
Speaker 1: Right, He's like, I'm like, I'm so badass. I only care about like learning on the streets, but also like seeing a fucking dope ass like red painting Byzantine painting.
Speaker 2: Someone recently told me that their friends slept with Henry, his oldest son, so.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the youngest daughter, the one with Elena is now like a downtown model.
Speaker 2: Right, She's like around and now they're finally closest.
Speaker 1: She's a next couslata model.
Speaker 2: And she was so team Elena first of all, and not speaking to.
Speaker 1: Keith, I mean classic like right, I mean when your dad, I don't know, I think it's you know, when your dad has a whole other family, it's hard to really like take aside.
Speaker 2: And it's like, of course Lynn was the one who was like, no, I get it, whatever, like I'll be the loyal ex wife and I'll you know, change his colostomy again. Yeah, it sounded tense, but then it's like there's the scene where Lena's crying being like you've never let my family in mmm.
Speaker 1: And he was like it was true. I didn't like her family, right, he was like they're random and like the dad said in a hotel once on Martha's Vineyard, Okay, wait, we have to talk about Martha's vineyard. We have Okay, this is so there is a whole basically, there's a whole like chapter of the book that just becomes Martha's Vineyard. Board of Tourism propaganda.
Speaker 2: And he's like and then I bite along and it's chill Mark, And did you know it's actually a historical black community.
Speaker 1: I just I need it. Like it was so crazy reading this because it's like it was just bringing up like my whole childhood and everything that I was taught. That's all you get for the preview. To hear the whole episode, go to Patreon dot com, slash CBC the Pod and subscribe