Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan listener Q and A.
Speaker 2: It's so perfect, isn't it. Really, It's always perfect when you're on here, Scuba, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I feel like it's true, it's true coming from you, but I always just I don't know, I just don't always doubt myself if it really is cool for me to be here.
Speaker 2: It's really cool for you to be here. And I hope you know that coming from me.
Speaker 1: I mean that, I know, I know you are very genuine and I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for me. I have best bits this weekend.
Speaker 1: I found like three minutes ago, welcome.
Speaker 2: You made it in, you do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start with some shout outs to make you feel good.
Speaker 1: Oh even better, hike K Let's go.
Speaker 2: The world is right again with Morgan and Scuba. Michelle from Apple Valley, California.
Speaker 3: Oh, Apple Valley, calif I think this is the second time we've heard from Apple Valley, California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she loves us together.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, big fan. I love Scuba's laugh from Jenna in Arkansas.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna laugh anymore than I think that, just so I can make myself laugh.
Speaker 2: And then all also from Jenna in Arkansas. Your animal babies are so darn cute. I think she was talking to me because I posted a picture of I have.
Speaker 1: One animal baby, and I hardly post a picture of them.
Speaker 2: No, I love seeing the animal babies, do I know. I'm all about the animal content.
Speaker 1: Mine's so cute. It's just all to send you video.
Speaker 3: I just don't like the post pictures of the exterior of my home, so I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I know, if you goot certain angles, you'll be okay.
Speaker 3: But but he's always in the backyard, like chasing a deer or chasing wild animal yard you're fight And I have so many videos that they're so cool to watch him, like chase a deer or catch a rabbit and bring it.
Speaker 1: Back to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't need to see that, Okay, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: The chasing deer ones, I can send.
Speaker 2: Of those really cute ones where he doesn't injure any wildlife.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the deer will chase him back, like they'll jump over the fence and then they'll do this thing where they go back and forth with each other and they'll run like he'll go laught and then all of a sudden, he'll go right, and then they'll chase each other back and forth.
Speaker 2: It's really cute playing versus him trying to capture the deer.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, they're playing.
Speaker 3: They became At first, it was the instinctual I'm going to kill you, and then I think within like, you know, your best friend is always a person you hated first and then become your best friend. I know this is a question wants to be short, but here we go.
Speaker 2: No, we haven't even got to the question.
Speaker 1: I know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like one tussle and then now they're best friends for life, and so they've always been connected. Now and at least it feels like it's the same deer or a same deer pack, because they sleep in our backyard. They sleep in our front yard. They feel like our home is like a sanctuary.
Speaker 2: You have deer friends different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really cool. And there's like one or two bucks and a bunch of girls.
Speaker 2: Exactly what happens. Yeah, yeah, most of the time it's just like one buck. I don't know if that's the same for deer though, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But it's definitely been several evolutions because some people. Some jackasses will hit a deer and then it'll be a mile deer and you're like no, because then it could, you know, stops it.
Speaker 1: And there was I only saw one or two.
Speaker 3: That's very rare that you see a male deer and then when you see one go, you're like, oh, how's like an affect the area with the deer. But they still have enough out there hidden where they're making babies.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 2: Do you have some dear friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Very happy for you and your dog.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, hopefully this wasn't boring for anyone. It was okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Sweet.
Speaker 2: What makes you feel the most bad ass? Jessica and san Diego.
Speaker 1: What makes me feel the most bad ass? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel like anything you complete something, or you you've completed a challenge or completed something that you were working on or building, I feel like that makes me feel bad ass, like oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did that. Yeah I'm done, I completed it.
Speaker 3: Whether it be like going after looking at work, related going after a guest that I spent a lot of time on, going after and then finally getting a yes or finally working out, You're like, yes, I feel like a badass. We did that he's in, she's in, or like at. I think in my personal life, anytime something goes really well that you're like fostering, like the raising kids.
Speaker 1: Anything they do anything awesome, I'm like, they.
Speaker 3: Were a badass, Like they did it because we taught them or they learned it from us or whatever.
Speaker 2: So those you feel bad ass a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: Not really because none of those things happen. I'm just kidding now.
Speaker 2: I was like, dang, these are good things. I mean, this happens a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I do feel pretty good. I mean, there's a definitely a lot of days where like, even to I'm just like, man, what am I even doing here?
Speaker 2: Well, you're human, that's okay, that's part of the human experience. Yeah, but it sounds like from an outsider perspective, you're doing a lot of badass things all the time.
Speaker 1: Cool, Well, thank you based on.
Speaker 2: Your interpretation of what makes you feel badass.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well then I guess that's right.
Speaker 3: Then I should think about it that more often than just think about I focus on the days that suck, and I'm like, everything's awful.
Speaker 1: Everything is awful.
Speaker 2: Again, part of the human experience. We really like to highlight the negative.
Speaker 1: I know the human experience is rough. It is, it's what about you? What makes you feel bad aass?
Speaker 2: I think truly, truly, when I feel like so badass is when I feel super physically strong. So when I weightlift more than I thought I was capable of, like I push weight off of me, especially in my arms because my arms are just there's such such a little baby jello arm. So when I finally like push like sixty pounds or seventy pounds, I'm like, dang, I'm strong.
Speaker 3: You feel like a superhero almost, Like do you kind of project yourself in as a Marble superhero character a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, oh, I'm a superhero from the Marble universe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my legs though, my legs are like I can, I can squat more than my weight, or anything about things like I feel super strong when we do leg day, but particularly when good things happen on arm day after.
Speaker 1: I was not expected. Yeah yeah, yeah, hell yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: Anything with weights really just makes me feel superhuman, and I think that really channels the badass energy.
Speaker 3: If you ever thought about auditioning for you have to be somewhere like in Atlanta, but you're close work.
Speaker 1: It's the thing I tell my friend David, the move here. We are so close to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That is a three and a half hour four hour drive if you need to do some quick or real, real fast forty five minutes to an hour flight to get to Atlanta. They filmed so much there, especially Marvel is all over the place between Atlanta to Canada to la But whatever, if you were thought about like even just starting as like a small role in the MBCU universe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, to opencasting college in the cool The problem is the timing with work is finding one that I can do? Yeah, that works with our schedule at work.
Speaker 3: But now a lot of them are so if you especially if you get an agent for that who will go out and find the gigs for you. They a lot of them are now are virtual where it's like on zoom. First, if they like you, then you come in for like the physical one. Obviously when you're a person you have a better chance, but it's out there, it's.
Speaker 2: Right, I need well, this is why I asked you to be my agent. I don't know if you remember this, like I don't ago. There was a segment on air was like ask somebody a favor. I was like, Scuba, will you represent me? Yes?
Speaker 1: I do remember that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, so but you have too much going on, so I need to find another h Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I could recommend you to somebody to help you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's what Maybe that's what you can help in that and the process is helping me find the right agent. Yes, yeah, but that's where we are. But yeah, maybe that'd be really cool. Yeah, that would be a lifelong dream. Yeah, it'd be pretty sick, even if I just have one word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. You were on it. It doesn't matter. You were part of it.
Speaker 2: And I made the cut in the movie, Yes exactly.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have one scene, one line even like, oh my god, holding something up. You're helping like I don't know, something like wonder Woman or whatever you're holding up like a.
Speaker 2: Comment wonder Woman is DC. But that's okay.
Speaker 1: I still hey we just would it still be cool here in DC? Un I'd take either one. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You can't be a superhero situation. Okay, I ID even do.
Speaker 1: C w oh wow, okay, I love even so so.
Speaker 3: I know it's really popular especially ever Since was someone where they had Cole Sprouse in it.
Speaker 2: Ephore. Yeah, now before that, oh Cole Sprouse.
Speaker 1: Cole Sprouse was BW.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one of the brothers. It was like river Something, River Band, Riverdale. I remember when I was working with Seacrest that was so popular and the girl Tanya that I worked with was all about that show. And everyone like between like you know, seventeen and like twenty five just loved it. We were booking guests all the time for it. It was people were all about it. So I see that there's still a fandom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Honestly, c W produces a lot of good shows, but you just have a lot I say it that way because you have a lot of haters of c W.
Speaker 3: Of course, Seventh Heaven and there was a show called with a guy at the character's name.
Speaker 1: Movie.
Speaker 3: It was Seventh Heaven right into Everwood and Everwood was just like, I don't know, I can't even describe it.
Speaker 1: It's it's like in that one.
Speaker 2: Tree Hill era, either one of those. But okay, you even heard I've heard of seventh Okay, everyone ever Would?
Speaker 1: What ever Would?
Speaker 3: It was like three seasons that came after and then the next one that was big was Gossip Girl.
Speaker 1: Girl Yep, yeah, I watched the first three or four seasons. I loved it so much. I never saw the end. I don't know what happened, So.
Speaker 2: You don't know who Gossip Girls.
Speaker 1: I still haven't looked it up. I haven't.
Speaker 3: I've been completely disconnected from and I have theories, I have ideas.
Speaker 2: Honestly, at the very least, you should just watch the last episode just so you know who it is.
Speaker 1: Well. I want to continue, I want to pick watch it.
Speaker 3: I know, but I still want to, Like I have time at one point, maybe I'm gonna be retired, don't have all this time?
Speaker 2: And then you watch in the last two seasons of Gossip Girl. No, no, kids.
Speaker 1: Why not you won't you? Just will I finish that, I'll finish it.
Speaker 3: I'll finished Arrested Development, and I'll finish Criby Enthusiasm when I'm retired.
Speaker 2: You know how many good shows are going to be out were retired, You will care.
Speaker 3: It will matter because it won't matter me because I'm focusing the ones that I started that I want to finish.
Speaker 2: At the very least, you should watch, like the last episode, just to have the it's so good knowing who Gossip Girl is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I know I want to know because for the longest time I always thought it was what's his name? Little sister? The main character who's like Taylor. I think her name is Taylor ronson real life. She's in a rock band.
Speaker 2: Oh you're talking about the blonde girl. Yes, she plays Oh shoot, what's her name? Taylor? And Gossip Girl character Rolin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's in there like her.
Speaker 3: Of course, they may want Tony Humphrey, yes, Jennie Humphrey. Yeah, yeah, the sister. And they want you to think it's Chuck Bass.
Speaker 1: Because Chuck Bass is like a bad guy, and then you want it.
Speaker 3: They also want you to think it's his girlfriend Leyton Mister, I don't know what her character is in the show Flair Waldorf. Yeah, they want you to think it's her. Yeah, yeah, And then of course the main character, like, oh could it be her? And there's all the random characters, you know, I'm not sure. It could be the dad, it could be this mom, could be the girlfriend, and then no idea, and it could be the girl that came in there that was from Nickelodeon.
Speaker 1: Remember she was there for a couple of seasons. She was the bad girl.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, I know you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Not Amanda Bynes, but the other girl.
Speaker 2: I know who you're talking about. I can picture.
Speaker 1: She was in a ton of Nickelodeon stuff.
Speaker 2: Her name is Georgina Sparks in the show, Yes, Georgina Sparks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And what's because she was in so much growing up? I remember watching of her Michelle Trattenburg, Yes, Trottenburgh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forget what the big show she was in, but she's like a big movie or our TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wasn't a lot growing up. I know what you're talking about, but yeah she was. She was the villain. But you need to go and watch the last episode. Okay, though, you just need to, okay, because you'll be like, what the crap? Are you staying with the show or is it in the cards to still think about leaving Amy and Indiana?
Speaker 1: Amy in Indiana? What a great question. If only I knew the answer to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a feeling is that I did, But now I have no idea.
Speaker 1: But that's just the industry, so who freaking knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that part of this attitude coming in today, where you're just like whatever, I don't know what life is anymore exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My wife's just focus on the kids as long as they're happy and healthy. She's like, we got enough to take care of us. We're fine if s ever hits the fan whatever. This is true, But that's an industry right now. Any industry is in a place where it's like either people are just bored and done and want something else, or they're in a space of like there's a lot of budget cuts and there's a lot of consolidation. There's a lot of things that are coming in and changing the landscape of people's jobs and career places and companies and all kinds of crap that everyone's kind of like like everyone's on edge of like what's going to happen? And then just the world in general, the United States in particular, everyone's just kind of like, what's.
Speaker 1: Going to happen next? What is happening right now? Oh my god, it's just really happening. It's just really happening right now.
Speaker 2: Well, and apparently an asteroid's going to hit us in like seven.
Speaker 1: Years that too, So it's also like what the heck.
Speaker 2: Life isn't very uncertain right now I understand. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. I wanted to make sure to give you a space for an update though, in case there was one.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, there is a one. For sure you would hear about it definitely on what Ray calls the Big Show.
Speaker 3: I figured, yes, yeah, yeah, but so much we'll miss it because they're they're busy, they got life, and they may not be a I call an on demand listener because it's available with them. They may be like I only listen live because I drive for work fifteen minutes and if I don't hear it, I.
Speaker 1: Don't hear it.
Speaker 2: It's true, and that's a small window and a lot of a lot of stuff is happening exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yea, this is yes, that's my long way to be like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Good answer. We like it extended Kristian North, Carolina. You can choose if you want to do this. But she proposed f m K for lunchbox Eddie and Raymond.
Speaker 1: Oh f oh my god, f Mary kill and.
Speaker 2: Kill yeah with lunchbox Eddie and Raymond.
Speaker 1: No, wow, everyone's of course you want to kill a lunchbox. But I don't know that. I don't know if I want to kill any of them.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's the name of the game. I know. I remember playing this game so ill I think about it. For I used to play this game so much in high school, and now I look back around like that is a horrible it's.
Speaker 1: A horrible game.
Speaker 3: But usually like people that that, like you would we would actually want to f M and K.
Speaker 2: Now is often always celebrities, like celebrities.
Speaker 1: Use we do like people in school, like, hey, with with these three girls and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, uh, that's even worse.
Speaker 1: Celebrities or exactly, yeah, that's why we're so.
Speaker 2: Hard celebrities, but you just didn't know them, so it was kind of like a fantasy.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, And it usually was of the opposite sex, and in this case it.
Speaker 1: Is the same sex.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: It's a little different.
Speaker 3: Now you're looking in a way of just like just in general, So if I if I'll play along, okay, because I'm not a dick, I would marry Eddie because I think he's the one that gets the lifestyle of the family and the kids and all that kind of stuff and whatever.
Speaker 1: So I feel like he just him and I vibe in that way. But I could see myself be married him for a long time. We get along. Okay, yeah, but listen to esn't even go to Hawaii and just.
Speaker 2: Retire, and I could see you guys vibing together.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's so I could see myself. Okay, I want to marry somebody. I could marry him and.
Speaker 1: Then kill What's tough because I don't want to kill anyone.
Speaker 3: I feel like Lunchbox is like such the cliche response to be like, kill him, and.
Speaker 1: Of course you want to f riggs.
Speaker 3: He's like the uh Ben's stiller, like you don't have.
Speaker 2: To explain it to me. I know both of them. Yeah, yeah, I know you're in right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is weird. I guess just to be different, I would say I kill Ray and then a f Lunchbox because he's a party.
Speaker 2: Boy, and you know, i'd probably make him really uncomfortable to hear you saying that. He'd probably wish you killed him.
Speaker 1: But he knows we walked by on a Saturday. Maybe he'll come in and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: He probably will. He'll come in and you guys will have a moment, and then I fear for me, knowing that.
Speaker 1: It's very awkward. How long. Has this been already fourteen minutes? Yep, okay, but.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a quick break and we'll come right back, especially after that.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yes, especially, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Abby in Tennessee wants to know if you listen to every voicemail that comes in.
Speaker 3: Not everyone, but I listened to ninety percent of them sometimes if they're really long. If you live in voicemail and it's like efing, like seven minutes long.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know you could like the seven minute long.
Speaker 3: It used to be there was a cap at three minutes, and James or Virginia would hit that a lot. Three minutes, three minutes, three minutes, three minutes.
Speaker 1: James.
Speaker 3: James definitely listening to this because James is an og and I love James. I love I love listening to his voicemails. He let the voice one one time, Oh my god, it is so insane.
Speaker 1: It was too long.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a solid three minutes, and even after chopping it up, I got it's around two thirty. I didn't want to take too much out because it was such a great story, but it was it was him telling the story about how he used to have a step son, and then the ending was so sad, so sad, especially for someone like me who like, you know, a father laughed.
Speaker 2: And that kind of thing be like a funny, great cool story. So sad.
Speaker 3: But it was so real though. That's the thing. It was so real. I said, this could be a movie. It's so sad and so real. I was like, oh my god, this is a real story. Oh my god, this doesn't even seem real, but it's real.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: On part one of the podcasts when we talk or do you think it's going to be used for the big show at some point?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Lea pitch it for the big show first, because it is so long. At least I maybe put it on the podcast because it is a really good It's one of those ones where it's a story and you have to listen to it and maybe he'll want to stop it somewhere in a minute and react to whatever. But it is a really long story and a really.
Speaker 1: Like whoa, my blowing story? Wow, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's my deal. I think it is, you pitch it for the big show, and if it doesn't happen next time, you're on Best Bits we'll play.
Speaker 1: It all right here, okay, cool? Yeah? Sweet? And it could just be me.
Speaker 3: It could just be in my head where I think it's so emotional and so crazy. But but I remember when I was listening listening to it, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, James from Virginia, Oh.
Speaker 2: Well, this is also Scuba telling you make sure if you leave a voicemail, keep it short, keep it sweet. Yeah, that's how you're probably.
Speaker 3: Gonna get in trying to keep it to forty five seconds or less. And for the love of God, he even says it your name and where you're calling from.
Speaker 1: I hate having to write no name on there.
Speaker 3: I would much rather unless you want to be anonymous because you're asking something or you're embarrassed by whatever, that's fine, say I don't want my name out there anonymous, but for the love of God, at least say, hey, this is Jennifer from Culver City, California.
Speaker 2: You love a name and a place.
Speaker 3: Yes, because then it becomes then it becomes real, Then it becomes like a Then it feels like, oh, there's somebody that that we're hearing this from.
Speaker 1: Versus just voice on number three. Yeah, I'd rather have your name please, I know it's stupid, makes exactly what That's what I was looking for. More personable.
Speaker 2: Or it's a hard no judgment. Here we've got Yes.
Speaker 1: I love voicemails. Please leave him.
Speaker 3: Thirty seconds is the prime spot. If it's like you know, it's quick, just give it to me quick.
Speaker 2: Start with your name, say what you want to say, keep it quick, and then end with where you're from.
Speaker 3: Dan in San Francisco. That's a morning corny for you, guys. Oh, here's my morning corny.
Speaker 1: I'm your day guys. Bye. That kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Love it. See pro tip from the guy who listens.
Speaker 3: Yes, And if you ever have a problem with any sort of like the podcast or on air, whatever, another thing, you gotta get more details like and we've talked about this a lot of times, you have to say where you're listening to, the name of the station or at least the frequency like ninety four point whatever, and then tell me what time it happened, and if you're in that time zone?
Speaker 1: Is it central, is it eastern? Is it west? Is it mountain?
Speaker 3: Are you in Hawaii? Where are you listening on the radio? Was it on I hear radio? Was it on iTunes? Was it on Spotify. The more specific you are, the more I can help you. When you're hell of vague and generic and you're just like it's sounds like shit, like I don't know what that means. What's happening? And where is it happening? And how is it happening? And where are you? Said, I can't help you if you don't give me those piece of information. And I go to Morgan Morgan like, hey, something's happening in Wichita or whatever. I'm like like, all right, well, where are they listening? And you have to go out and you get to ask yeah, and then we're gonna have to ask the saying all these obvious questions. Just hit us with what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now faster now.
Speaker 2: I make sure to ask them more details before I ever come.
Speaker 3: To you totally yeah, because it's also like and then sometimes they still don't know. It's like, but you know where you're Just just give me, just give us a.
Speaker 1: Second and tell us what you're doing and where you're at and where and how and what.
Speaker 2: Time, and then I can help you the basic five What are the basic five questions?
Speaker 1: Where? Where are who? When? Where?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: What? When?
Speaker 1: Where? Why? Yes? Yeah, that's what you need exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we've got Kyle from Mississippi. MSS is Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Huh mss ms is Mississippi, as m I is Michigan, m O is Missouri, ms is Mississippi.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: So Kyle from Mississippi, Montana's MT.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We don't need the rest of them, Yes, we just.
Speaker 3: Needs anymore MS minnesotas m N Massachusetts M.
Speaker 2: He is a father to a three month old recently new father. What's your best fatherly advice?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, So this is gonna sound hello cliche, and you probably heard it a million times, but I'm telling you from someone that is seven years into the first one, and looking back, I'm like, holy crap, they were all so right, and I was just like, ah, it's cliche, but it's so so true and it's so simple. But good God, time goes by really fast. Kenny Chesney says the best don't blink. Like literally he didn't really ride it, but he's saying it, don't blink. And really, you'll sit here at three months and you're like, oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 1: So tired, and my wife is da da da dah. And then I'll work.
Speaker 3: I go back to work, and I'm gonna miss my and all these things. And the next thing, they're year old, and they're three years old, and they're five years old, and they're seven years old. And then I'm talking to people they're like, they're sixteen years old, and then they're us and then their thirties, and you're like, holy crap, and you look at the perspective of life.
Speaker 1: It happens so fast.
Speaker 3: So really, truly, really really, just try to be as present as you possibly can. Your phone doesn't mean shit, nothing matters if you want to take some videos and photos and stuff, like because I did log the process of my kid like growing up in certain things, but like, really just be there and.
Speaker 1: Really enjoy it and don't be one of those.
Speaker 3: Parents that is such a no person where like you're like, no, I don't do that, or don't do this, Like let him figure it out a little bit too, let them be curious. Obviously, if they're grabbing a knife, no, let me have that, like knife, Oh my god, knife, grab the knife like that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Or it feels like a personal experience.
Speaker 3: Yes, one of my friends John, his kid, remember his boy was like maybe two or three, and we're all in the kitchen and we're like we would hang out them a lot when we were living in La because we were like really good friends who went back in the day and we love him so much.
Speaker 1: We had just had.
Speaker 3: Our son, so I think he was maybe six months old, and we're all like hanging out. We're all just tired because we just had a baby, and their kids like two or three, so they're tired. We're in the kitchen, we're hanging out, and next time I look over and I'm like, oh, he's holding a knife.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, that's a really big knife.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, knife knife, knife, a real knife, and everyone Jackson John's like what knife knife And he's oh my god. And he's like walking around like this. I don't know how you maybe got from the counter or something. Yeah, he's just curious and he's like, whoa, let me get that real quick.
Speaker 2: So but like, you know, not avoided a tragedy.
Speaker 3: Get pots and pants or like bumping into like whatever, just stupid crab or picking up saying threat whatever, the dumb things that don't really matter. But you're like, oh, they're going to hurt themselves. Let them figure it out. They're going to go through the whole process of life. But also it's kind of fun to let them see them do things positive or negative, just because it's kind of cool just to see someone else. I think that's the experience of just seeing somebody else figure out life, and you guide them along the way as best as you can with whatever knowledge and things that you learned in your life or things that you learned that you know, like, I don't want to do that when I have kids, and then really try it and then see if it really works.
Speaker 1: And sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 3: But my biggest advice is really just enjoy the moment and just be in it and really really enjoy everything. So when you look back, like when I look back after seven years, I'm like, oh man, it does suck. He's seven now, and oh my man, she's four and she's too, Like holy crap. I'm like, but I have so many great memories from those last seven years that I'm like, Okay, it's totally worth it still sucks. You're gonna get there where I'm at now. It's gonna suck. There's nothing about it, and no way about I thought about quitting my job one hundred times and just being a stay at home dad. But it's not logical. I don't have a trust fund and I'm not worth twenty million dollars. But if I did, and I wouldn't be right now, Well, that.
Speaker 2: Is some very great dad advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be there.
Speaker 2: I mean from a dad of three kids, so I think he has some experience there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was used seven years ago sitting there in our house in Benis, California and being like, oh my god, holy crap, wave with kid. He's right here, Oh my gosh. And then they just changed so fast. So please be there for him.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, that's before.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, it's amazing. Yeah, it's a huge right.
Speaker 2: Oh, you made a baby.
Speaker 1: More importantly, your wife, Congratulations to her. She did a lot more.
Speaker 2: She did a lot of work.
Speaker 1: You know, it's real.
Speaker 2: All right, we're ending on this one. Do you have thoughts now on what your kids might grow up to be Erica in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Based on where they're at now.
Speaker 3: It's funny when I was in California last weekend or the weekend before, and my wife sent me a picture and I was like, oh my gosh, I'm gonna save this picture forever because I put it in my favorites because it'd be fun to look back on it and like twenty years to see I they're all doing what they're doing right here, which here's like they won't be able to see this. But one of them is like holding a guitar and strumming. When of them was dribbling a basketball. And one of them is like, make food or eat It looks like snack exactly, Yeah, like a play snack. Oh my gosh, so so my oldest child bounce in the basketball. I was like, oh, something athletic, whether it be a basketball or baseball.
Speaker 2: Or football or athlete that you have an athlete.
Speaker 3: At least at this point, or you could totally scream and be like I'm not into I hate it.
Speaker 1: I want to do business.
Speaker 2: I don't know that does happen most of the time.
Speaker 3: My middle child, Hello wild, she's the one playing the guitar. I could see her being a creative or an artist. She loves the paint, so it could be writing music, could be a singer, it could be a painter, it could be create I don't know.
Speaker 2: Something the screenplay that you always wanted to write.
Speaker 1: Exactly could be that, who knows.
Speaker 3: And then the little one is so introverted but yet extrovert, like it's a weird combination. And she's really quiet, but she's really smart and really calculated and loves food, So I could see her being like a baker or a or a head chef or own a restaurant or an entrepreneur of some sort.
Speaker 2: She could also be a woman in stem too, with the calculations and the analytical.
Speaker 1: Side exactly because she's super super smart. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's where we're at currently.
Speaker 1: That's right at this moment in time.
Speaker 2: There are some giant aspirations. What if you ask them would they like to be if.
Speaker 1: You ask them?
Speaker 3: I don't think I haven't asked them in a while, but if I think the last time asked my son if what he wanted to do, he.
Speaker 1: Said a police officer or like FBI or CIA.
Speaker 3: Okay, he wanted like, oh, I want to investigate and chase the bad guys and all that kind of stuff, which is funny because when I was his age and then till about eleven or twelve, I wanted to be in the FBI.
Speaker 1: Like I did a whole report on in at school and everything.
Speaker 2: Everybody has that kind of dream of being a uniform of some kind because really, when you're a kid, you really see them often out and you kind of idolize them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you did too. As you get older, it's just a different experience. But as a kid, you very much idolize a person in uniform most definitely.
Speaker 3: And then something so like mystique as FBI or CIA is so secretive and so different and so unique, and you know, he sees like characters like that in a show and.
Speaker 1: He's like, whoa, They're so awesome. They're in the FBI. And I'm like, yeah, dude, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: The only one that probably quite understands like growing up and becoming something at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I can't ask my two year olds. She would really have an answer, Yeah, she'd really. And then if I asked my four year old, she would say something probably like a singer or an artist or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, you know, look out for her. I heard about that. Yeah, look at her.
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot of trap for American idol.
Speaker 1: She could be an actress though, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely encourage that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, she could pivot like you and aspiring actress.
Speaker 2: If she doesn't have a great voice, you know, look out for her, because I do appreciate that I did not become a viral man.
Speaker 1: You could easily been with Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have been around.
Speaker 1: Kind of cool though, you could.
Speaker 2: You heard me in blind karaokes I have. Yeah, yeah, definitely, like I would have became a meme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be kind of cool. I mean, look at William hung. He like I capitalize on that for a while.
Speaker 2: You know, I have very big skin, but I don't know that I have that Like, I'm very thick. I can put up with a lot of things that that level. I don't know. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: You remember Sean Jaya.
Speaker 3: He was like he was like good but not good. I think they kept him around for a while because he was just not good.
Speaker 2: But he was good really for me.
Speaker 3: He was like early on like season I think it was like four or five or six somewhere around there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really the ones that I think of when I think of American idol are Kelly Clarkson and the Clay Akin and who was the guy that went up against Clay Akin.
Speaker 1: We've been stuttered yeah, those are.
Speaker 2: Really the main I think of American Idol first.
Speaker 1: Couple of seasons. Yeah, totally the O they're big.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we're going to get out of here. But thanks for being here, Thanks for answering question.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. I really appreciate that. Oh my gosh, wow.
Speaker 2: Please under that. That makes me comfortable. I have no idea what just get out of your house, but I did not.
Speaker 1: Awesome. I just love that for you. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: I feel so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I just want to be sarcastic. It's fun sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel weird, you know, between the fm K and that there's a lot happening here.
Speaker 1: Awesome. We were at dinner. It was a real quick with my wife and I were at dinner and this guy was like, Oh, we're trying to We're trying to you guys want any wine?
Speaker 3: It was some aliona for the restaurant, and I was like, we're kind of a little studio, like if it's not from like Napo, we're not there. But we don't really drink wine in general, but we will for somewhere like a snowmaw on Napa or wherever. They do wine, but like on general or like, we're not really gonna have wine. We whiskey, drink gin whatever. He's like, oh, you guys want to dry some wine. We're like, oh no, we're good, thanks so much. And then and that guy keeps going, and my wife's like, fucking sorry, dang it. My wife's like, you made all the way till then he's like he made it this far. Sorry, it just is what it is. My wife goes so trying to thought when I did that. She goes, oh, no, we're good, like really polite, and the guy kept going. My wife used to work in sales, and she's like, when I said, we're done, we're good, thank you so much for your time. And then but she didn't say that. She's like, no, we're good, thank you so much. We're enjoying each other's coming. We go out once a month and he's like, well, we're really trying to do da a pair wine with Chinese food, Da da da, And she goes, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Love that for you guys, it's just so awesome.
Speaker 3: And then but it's just not for us, and then he and then the guy started laughing, goes, that's fair, and he walked off and told a couple of coworkers that he got turned down because most people probably probably just you know, jank him along for a while and eventually don't do anything.
Speaker 1: She was just very honest, like, I love that for you. That's so awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you have to let people done jolly exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, thanks much for having me, Morgan. I really love this experience. It's been wonderful.
Speaker 2: I love that for you by everybody.
Speaker 4: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 1: Platforms and followed
Speaker 4: Web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.