Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty and he Armstrong and Hetty coming up later this hour.
Speaker 3: I watched Mark Alprin's newscast yesterday, like I do most afternoons. He was incensed over the Jill Biden clip and the News's handling of it, and where he thinks the CBS interview is probably going, and the fact that nobody has owned up to what he calls the biggest cover up in media history. Love and we we'll get into that a little play a little clip of that, and talk about it a little bit later this hour.
Speaker 4: Here's the headline of the day for you.
Speaker 1: AI startup says it will pay people two thousand dollars a month to pleasure themselves. How much two grand a month? I mean, you can't live on it. But it's walking around money? And is there a website or what? It's an AI startup? Jokes to follow? Stay with us.
Speaker 3: I'm app applying, so I need to.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I'll bring you the story later with nice words. Okay, it will not be explicit because I am a gentleman. I wanted to follow up very quickly on the Victor Davis Hansen piece I was sharing with you last hour. His last sentence or two are worth mentioning, and then we'll move on to Russia. In short, the telltale sign of anti Semitism is not necessarily opposition to Israel or what it does. It is instead an endless fixation on Israel's supposed crimes when far greater documented horrors elsewhere never merit a word. That's a great standard for what is anti Semitism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 4: Moving along to.
Speaker 1: The situation with Russia and Ukraine coming up, growing organs and tiny pigs.
Speaker 4: Stay with us. I'm just going to hit you with a handful of headlines.
Speaker 1: Europe is starting to think Putin will expand the war beyond Ukraine. Russia is making very threatening statements about the Baltic States while carrying out massive strikes on Kiev, and the Euros are damned serious about it. Here's a quote from Sweden's defense minister. The security environment in Europe is deteriorated during the last twenty four months, and we see a greater inclination from the Russian side to take greater operational risks in their hybrid operations moving up to kinetic elements.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah. They are serious.
Speaker 1: Another headline, Russian drone crashes into apartment building in NATO member Romania. Several people injured, drew fierce condemnation from the Alliance to the NATO Alliance, stoking fears that Russia will attempt to spread violence beyond Ukraine. Romanian scrambled fighter jets and tried to shoot it down, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Do you think it was on purpose or an accident?
Speaker 1: The NATO Secretary General Mark Ruta is calling it reckless behavior. Last night showed yet again that the implications of their illegal war of aggressions don't stop.
Speaker 3: At the border.
Speaker 1: That's that's a very diplomatic statement.
Speaker 4: Could have been an accident.
Speaker 1: I always what's the opposite of giving someone the benefit of the doubt, giving them the benefit of the suspicion. I always think putin is probing to find weakness and to test reactions. It's as old as the militaries. You make a mistake, quote unquote, see how the other side reacts, and collect the intelligence thereby for when you're actually going to attack.
Speaker 3: There's another headline. We have like the latest on this story. So our Deputy Ambassador to the United Nations, Tammy Bruce.
Speaker 4: Of course it's a.
Speaker 3: Radio host that Trump named the ambassador to that anyway, where's my ambassadors called Russia's recent massed strikes on Ukraine, including the use of that IBM missile to go into Ukraine, inexplicable, dangerous in a barbaric escalation, and also condemned the reckless use of whatever rocket or missile went into Romania last night. There are several people they got heard it hit an apartment complex. I mean, that's just like a you can watch the video. It's all over the place, very modern city at night, city streets, quiet, people asleep, and all of a sudden, a freaking rocket hits a.
Speaker 4: Building right from Russia. Wow.
Speaker 1: Here's an article from Estonia how a tiny Baltic nation is preparing for a possible war with Russia. Across Estonia, which is on NATO's eastern border with Russia, preparing for potential wars become a part of everyday. They mentioned a large university in the country's east. City planners conducted drills on mass evacuations and sudden attacks on city, all setting up emergency shelters. School teachers are given specialized crisis training and emergencies applies with radios for st aid kits portable stoves, and young men across the country are training in military maneuvers and snipering and the sniping. I guess, not like being bitchyatier friends and relatives sniping, but you know, using a gun to shoot people from a distance. They are dead serious in Estonia. One final headline before we get to the tiny pigs growing Vladimir Putin's organs.
Speaker 4: This from the WAPO.
Speaker 1: After a brutal winter, Ukrainian drones are breaking Russian defenses bab bab Bah and the war against Ukraine. They talk about the dozens of operators flying thousands of drones from underground command centers that look more like tech startups than a forward bunker, and the unbelievable damage they're doing, and they reset some new numbers about the casualties, the number of men Russia is losing, and how at this rate they will have to do a generalized mobilization, a mass draft of young men very very soon, and that will be greeted very very badly in Russia. So things are looking dark for Russia better for Ukraine and Europe is well aware that Putin. Oh I'm sorry, I almost left out the most important part. How can Putin justify a general mobilization slash draft to Russia NATO because he's at war with NATO.
Speaker 3: NATO attacksing NATO attacks Russia. That's how he does it.
Speaker 1: So he's going to provoke conflict with some of the Baltic states or who knows, Romania.
Speaker 3: Maybe his cold, cold time me pig heart. Perhaps I'll tell you about all the tiny pigs and the organs and stuff right after this.
Speaker 4: Or from our friends. That's simply save home security.
Speaker 1: When we talk about this, we talk a lot about junkies and scumbags breaking in your house and how you want to prevent break ins, which is obviously very very important and simply safe is very very good at it. Look into their active guard out to ord protection. But they also have great sensors for fires, floods, everything your homeowners insurance company might be concerned about. And like in my case, they're really concerned about fire, and so we've got like state of the art fire sensors and we're getting a big discount on our insurance. That's what Simply Safe is all about.
Speaker 3: If you're thinking it'd be a really big deal to get this, we'll be a big deal in terms of safety, but a big deal in terms of the doing it. It's not. You go on the website and you customize it for your house, and it comes to you fast, and you can set it up yourself pretty quick. If you want help, you can get it. But I set mine up pretty fast. The cameras, the sensors, all that sort of st and it's not very expensive either.
Speaker 1: You could do this today, yeah, them, the system and the monitoring is so affordable. And right now, you good people get fifty percent off your new simply Safe system. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safelights, simply safe.
Speaker 3: How much is putin worth hard to say, but certainly hundreds of billions of dollars. And he's not the first billionaire to become obsessed with health and become a little paranoid and all that sort of stuff, see Howard Hughes and others throughout history. Because you got everything you know, and you just thinking, God, I just last thing I want is to have a heart attack or my you know, liver give out or whatever the heck it.
Speaker 1: Is, like, oh yeah, they're a handful of tech titans whose names you're probably familiar with, who are obsessed with this stuff right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. That's one thing that this article on Wall Street Joe mentions that it's very popular among your Sam Altman's and all those sorts of people do all their money and they're they're spending lots of money in all kinds of different laws ngevity, this and longevity that. Why wouldn't you? I would too if I had the endless money.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's more important than that feeling by fifteenth house?
Speaker 3: Feeling good for as long as you can. But in Russia, Putin's quest I'm reading now from the Wall Street Journal. Putin's quest to stave off decline is now a state priority. He's turning the whole country toward it, relying on methods as wide ranging as organ printing, harvesting mini pigs, and exposure to ultra low temperatures. I don't know why you got to do that. Last month, Russia's government announced that scientists are developing a gene therapy treatment aimed at slowing cellutar aging. Wow, would that be cool as part of a new health preservation technology Putin's twenty six billion dollar longevity initiative. And I'm glad that country is willing to spend their money on this.
Speaker 1: Well Putin is that country, he is the government. Yeah, yeah, they will if man, if they could come up with a way to slow cellutar aging. And nobody quite understands why we age the way we do anyway.
Speaker 3: Why ours or all your body cells get replaced like every eighteen months or something like that. Why don't they get replaced by new fresh cells and you stay the same age?
Speaker 4: Why do you have to get older?
Speaker 1: Which is why I'm in favor of draining the blood of the young and injecting it into myself, as.
Speaker 3: You know, guarantee if Putin's doing that. Russian State scientists appointed by Putin have focused on two key technologies bioprinting or three D printing living tissue and zeno trans transplantation, or growing human organs inside of mini pigs. A poor sine breed por sceine is that where the word pork comes from, correct? So why did we change it from a sea to a k because porcine is with a C and pork is with a K.
Speaker 1: It's the mysteries the language jack back to putin and as many pigs anyway, so many pigs is that because I think like big pigs would be.
Speaker 3: This particular poor sine breed is even more genetically compatible to humans than the regular pigs that we do it on.
Speaker 4: So there you go. That's the sizzling bacon of truth right there.
Speaker 3: Russian scientists working with government agencies claim to a bioprinted human cartilage tissue a mouse thyroid gland with the aim of achieving human organ replacement by twenty thirty.
Speaker 4: You know, as an old guy, I talked to other old guys and.
Speaker 1: One buddy of mine's got to get a knee replacement because he's got no cartilage. And he was talking to his orthopedic surgeon about how in the world can.
Speaker 3: We have artificial heart valves? We got artificial hearts. Cartilage is just.
Speaker 1: The slab of just junk that pads a joint. How do we not have effective artificial cartilage? And that surgeon's like, yeah, you're.
Speaker 4: Right, we just don't.
Speaker 3: And they're trying to go the real stuff in a pig a mini pig. Cute little mini pig.
Speaker 1: Tati's a bacon bio printed human cartilage.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: So what I think is interesting is people often knock the you know, immortality is going to be impossible to or worth way far off of immortality. Okay, we probably are way far off of immortality, or it will be impossible, But lots of people die because their heart gave out, their liver gave out, their kidneys quit. If you can replace whatever bad Oregon takes you out, sure, obviously that's gonna increase your chance of living longer by a lot, right there, right right.
Speaker 4: It's it's sure. It's like a car.
Speaker 1: You don't junk the car because the distributor went and they they didn't.
Speaker 3: Mention hearts there, But I gotta think they're working on hearts and heart disease still the number one killer of people anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I read the other day that Putin's daughter is one of the leaders in this effort, and I saw a picture of her. A hottie, as you might expect, because you know, Putin gets with models, and ballerina isn't. Frankly whoever, he says he's going to get with But boy, man, she's got a face that you just know sooner or later is going to be Luminova with a big knife in the night.
Speaker 4: I mean, ooh beautiful, but a fem faith. She looks mean as a snake.
Speaker 3: You just get a bullet in the back of your head someday.
Speaker 4: Right when she's tired of toying with you. Yeah, yeah, that's fun. That's why you gotta work hard on those manly arts. Fellas. Don't let her down.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody has a rough night.
Speaker 4: No, you're not allowed one.
Speaker 3: But it's a horrible guy. I hope he dies today. I hope he has a heart attack and dies today before he gets his big heart. But at least they're spending money on something that might benefit everybody.
Speaker 4: But Bushka, she would say, come stand with me next to window.
Speaker 3: Don't do it. Don't do it. We'll get to Joe Biden at some point and other stuff on the way. Stay here, armstrong, he YETI.
Speaker 5: For the first time, non whites are set to become a majority in the United States by twenty fifty. On the bright side, that means more khakis for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no lines at ll Bean that's pretty fun. Oh that's Greg Guttfeld and show he has on Fox.
Speaker 1: Every I'm used to I'm used to hearing when somebody sets that up, non whites will be the Yay. Everybody claps because like the trained seals they are.
Speaker 3: I did something about diversity. I'm supposed to be in favor deadnist, so weird to clap for that or not clap for I mean, it's just demographics. Yay. So Greg Guttfeld had as his guest last night, maybe the most interesting politician in America right now outside of Trump, Spencer Pratt running for mayor in Los Angeles and a lot of people saying he's got Trump vibes. He just has that thing. I don't know if it's a coincidence that he was a reality show star or that's got something to do with it or not. I have no idea, or if he just has the gene.
Speaker 1: He has the gene, he has the instincts for get people's attention. Yeah, but here's a little of him on Greg Gutfeld last night.
Speaker 5: Spencer, you're on a roll, You're surging in the polls. Do you think your message is actually resonating among the people, not just online, but the people are finally hearing it.
Speaker 6: This is my favorite thing the Internet says. They're like, he's so big on the internet, but is he big in the streets.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: The people I'm surging with are the people having to step over the naked drug addicts and step into human poop to get their twenty dollars macha. Those are the people that I'm surging with. The moms across Los Angeles who have to use their strollers around fentanyl needles and naked drug addict zombies with machetes that maybe will chop Limb off.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, as we saw in San Francisco, you can reach a limit even with progressives, to where they think, I don't want to live like this anymore. And Spencer Pratt has a good ad. I don't know if you've seen this one going where it's a bunch of ladies doing yoga and a yoga studio and they're all whispering to each other. Are you voting for spunch of bread? I'm voting for spunch of bread. But it's it's kind of like with Trump, where it was like, you know, a lot of people might not want to say it out loud, but they wanted something new and different talking back in twenty sixteen. So here's a little more the silent voter.
Speaker 5: You have celebrities that are now coming out in support of you, but they will deny it, won't they.
Speaker 6: You Know what I've learned is I actually don't want celebrities.
Speaker 3: To come out and endorse me.
Speaker 6: I don't want anybody to endorse me except for the moms and the animal lovers in LA. That's my entire vote, because that's you know, so I'm cool if no celebrity ever endorsed me. I actually love when the celebrities attacked me because then I'm like, oh, I'm doing so well.
Speaker 3: He does have Trump vibes because he says the opposite of what all the trained politicians coached by their you know, professionals say in those instances. Right, got a big tent here, and we welcome everyone from the from the Mainstrea to Wall Street, and you know that sort of crap. I don't want celebrity endorsements, right, yeah, Well, and I.
Speaker 1: Just love that he's a dude who's fed up, and it's saying who else is fed up? We need so much more of that in the progressive cities.
Speaker 3: I'm to jamming this last one.
Speaker 4: Michael.
Speaker 6: The problem with a low turnout election is people you need to activate them to vote, and national media makes it more exciting and it's a big deal or talking about it all over the country. I gotta go put my ballot in the mailbox. And so that's why I'm here because initially it's local, local, local, but I'm realizing the more locals I talk.
Speaker 3: To, they're like, oh, how do you vote? Where do you vote?
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 6: God, yes, how the socialists win because they they go ballot harvest and they vote.
Speaker 3: I like his willing syst to mock voters. Where do I vote?
Speaker 4: How do I vote?
Speaker 3: No, Well, the votes are just a couple of days a way, and then they'll pick the top two and it'll probably be him running against Karen Bass. And then you're going to the entire Democratic machine turned against him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, wow, Wow.
Speaker 3: That'll be fun to watch. The last several months of the actual election between the two of them is going to be something to watch.
Speaker 1: I want desperately for him to win, but the fact that he is as strong as he is, at least that's a step in.
Speaker 4: The right direction.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Geeddy, and one of.
Speaker 7: The Democratic candidates are Senator Joseph Biden. Have you seen the problem he's been having. He went around and made a speech and apparently he quoted a I think it was a British politician, took his speech and kind of paraphrased it as his own, and then the press got on him, and then he was charged also with taking part of Bobby Kennedy's speeches. And Biden says, not to worry you, reassure his staff. He said, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.
Speaker 3: If you're old enough, you recognized that voice as Johnny Carson making fun of Joe Biden years ago, because that was the eighty eight presidential election.
Speaker 1: With idiotic music playing over it, because all internet videos.
Speaker 4: Must have that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why that is, but I know, almost forty years ago, they're making fun of Joe Biden. Anyway, So we played this yesterday and perhaps you've heard it by now, but we can play it again. This is doctor Jill Biden, Joe Biden's wife, has got a book coming out next week, My View from the East Wing or whatever the hell it's called, which is obviously going to be full of crap based on just this one answer in the interview. Here, this is the only piece of the interview that's going to air Sunday morning on CBS that they put out so far as a trailer.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 4: Were you horrified as you saw it unfold?
Speaker 8: I wasn't horrified. I was frightened because I had never ever seen Joe like that before or or since?
Speaker 4: Never since, yes, or never seen never?
Speaker 3: No, Well have happened.
Speaker 8: I don't know what happened. I mean when I as I watched it, I thought, oh my god, he's having a stroke, and it scared me.
Speaker 4: To death.
Speaker 3: Talking about the debate, and uh, I know I'm going to be so angry watching that interview and the way to handle it. There's not a chance there's any pushback on that based on just the way the reporter acted right there, you'd never seen that before, as opposed to saying I'd seen it before multiple times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Or well, then why did you drag him around to nine different campaign stops if you were afraid he'd had a stroke?
Speaker 4: What medical exams were done?
Speaker 3: Here's a little of Mark Halprin from his TV show yesterday, who was beside himself with anger. He went on and on and on. But here was just like a minute of him after he saw the clip, and I'll just take you back.
Speaker 9: Some people might well, Mark, why are you still talking about this old story of the cover up of Joe Biden's mental decline. The reason I talk about it, besides the fact that it is I believe the biggest media scandal in American history, is because my colleagues in the media continue to be part of the conspiracy of silence about this. I don't I don't really understand it. And that's not just like a rhetorical throwaway line. There was a conspiracy of silence. People who covered the White House, people who had c SPAN subscriptions, saw Joe Biden's mental decline. I told you that I saw it in twenty seventeen with my own eyes in a public event.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 9: And I'm outraged at the cover up of reporters either allowed themselves to be intimidated by the White House intercovering it, or they did it willingly because they didn't want to help Donald Trump win.
Speaker 3: So he's the clip, and then he has a couple of guests on and he goes on and on about as he just said there, it's the biggest media cover up in our nation's history. And how the New York Times are, the Washington Post, no, no CBS News, nobody has put out any sort of statement we should have noticed that, we didn't, we failed you anything. And his show, Mark Alprin shows he has a Republican strategist on and a Democratic strategist and even the Democratic strategist. Oh, by the way, we should have played some clip from the what are those two guys at ran Obama's campaign that have the big podcast that everybody listens to, the pod Bros Or whatever the heck that thing is God Save America? Yeah, damn fire for and a couple of other people that were involved in Obama's And they're both like.
Speaker 9: This is why people don't trust us, This.
Speaker 3: Is why our brand is so damaged. This is why the Democrats are going to be digging out of this for years. We're still lying, We're still lying as a party about this, We're still pretending it didn't happen. How long are we going to do this? And that's why Mark Alprin was and they were and there. How how has no big media organization come out and say we failed you. We've got to do better. This was ridiculous. And I don't know the event Mark Alpern's talking about. He says he was at an event in twenty seventeen that has magically been scrubbed for everywhere. It was a private event and he can't find any video of it anywhere. Somehow it disappeared. But he was there. And Joe Biden had a Debate Night moment in twenty seventeen, and Halpern wrote about it at the time, and one of the things in his article in twenty seventeen was the good news is Joe Biden is never going to run for anything again, which is good for him in America long before you you know. Yeah, And so it drives him nuts since he was writing about it in twenty seventeen and people saw this all this sort of thing all the time that people are still pretending that I didn't know until Debate Night.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, And there were a hand full of those events too. I remember seeing the video and hearing the audio. There was the infamous Hollywood George Clooney fundraiser where he was wandering around confused and Brock had to take him by the hand, and then you know, nobody said anything for months until Cloney came out and said, yeah, he was a shell of a man. We were all shocked all of a sudden. He grew a conscience when I don't know, Daddy Barrock or the Democratic Party told him you can go ahead and talk about this now.
Speaker 3: Halbert is more willing than most people in media to say nasty things about other people in media because they're all friends and whatever. That woman's name is, who's interviewing Joe Biden? I should have it in front of me, but who does the interview? He said, Look, she's a friend of mine. Her husband was my lawyer for a long time. But that is a ridiculous reaction. When Jill Biden says I'd never seen him like that her before, and she says, oh really that's possibly true. That is a ridiculous reaction. Why wouldn't you react with well, two thirds of America, three quarter of America felt like he was too seen ow to be president before that debate, so they had seen it before. How had you not seen it before?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah, it's all ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It is ridiculous. And those pod Save America guys who are young, and you know, enthusiastic Democrat progressives who want them to win more elections are beside themselves with anger of like, what are we going to own up to this? This is nuts that we continue to pretend that we didn't know everybody knew.
Speaker 1: This is crazy and how damaging it is a fault. Never admit you've made a mistake, Never admit you were wrong. Just deny, deny, deny, maintain the bunker mentality and fight on.
Speaker 3: Well that's from the party. How about the media as one of the Democratic state?
Speaker 4: Are party? They consider themselves part of the resistance.
Speaker 3: But they are in business to make money. And is this strategist said, the only thing what you're selling every single day is people believing in you. Because once people stop believing in you, then they don't click on you or watch you or read you anymore, and you're done. You've lost them. So you've got to sell believability, and they blew it all up. That's why the Washington Post, New York Times, these evening news guys, that's one of the reasons why so many people left them because okay, you're liars. Well never mind then and then they turn to alternative sources which are full of conspiracies and all kinds of crap like that. But that's where we are.
Speaker 1: Your premise is wrong and their premise is wrong. People don't tune in for what do you say, accuracy or to believability. They turn they tune in for agreeability. They want to hear what they want to hear, their priors reconfirmed. In modern media, it's all about tribal signaling and agreement, not challenging people with the truth.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent believe that.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not working for having as big an audience as they used to have. Their audiences are shrinking. Oh yeah, I think you're right, but their audiences are shrinking going that direction.
Speaker 1: Part of that is just the nature of old media, though, I mean, you can't lay it all on.
Speaker 3: Part of it is, but a lot of it isn't. Also, there's got to be I know, I'm that way. I can't read the New York Times and think that's the story like I might have twenty five years ago, or the Washington Post or the Evening News or anything like that. You have to go to alternate sources. You have to you have to do your homework on every story because you can't trust these people. Helpernoia's use the example of Joe Biden's age and the Hunter laptop. I mean those were two blatant lies to people, blatant lies that everybody knew that was crap, right, And once you've completely sold your credibility, wow, you'll never get it back.
Speaker 1: It's I am going to speak for these media people that you are criticizing quite quite appropriately. By the way, it's way too difficult and complicated to compete on nuanced truth telling.
Speaker 4: Pandering is way easier. We have our niche.
Speaker 1: We will never have the mass audience that you were saying we lost.
Speaker 3: We couldn't.
Speaker 4: We're doing what's smart for business, period.
Speaker 1: That's what they would say to you, if they're going to be honest, it's disappointing.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, then we are completely doomed. If there's no audience for hey, we really really try to get this right all the time and be honest. If there's no audience for that, well then we are completely doomed. Well, there's an audience for it, it's just not very big, well, big enough audience to keep you in business.
Speaker 1: That's it's a niche. It's just it's just a different niche. It used to be like the entire principle of journalism back in the day.
Speaker 3: I heard this yesterday from Jonah Goldberg who used to work at National Review. Like a lot of these publications left and right, these like, uh, what do you call them? They're like think tanks in them on a website. They have tiny audiences. And Jonah Goldberg when he went to work for the National Review way back in the day, when William F. Buckley still ran it and it was print before website and everything like that, he said he was told that, look, there is a hobby out there, and I forget what it was. It was something that was ridiculous, a hobby like carving squirrels out of chunks of wood. They have a magazine that gets four times the readership of the Weekend. That's just a fact, right, And I think that's probably true. So you know, to a certain extent, people haven't wanted thorny truth telling, pointy headed analysis anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just I'm torn because I think you still wish there was decency in journalism and I've just accepted that there isn't.
Speaker 3: But weren't from our friends that eat Cogny.
Speaker 1: Your personal information is valuable and far more accessible than you realize.
Speaker 4: There's certainly more than you'd hope.
Speaker 1: Every time you shop online, your data is collected, packaged and sold the data brokers.
Speaker 4: That's why I ought to check out in Cogni.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the laws on your side, it's just you don't know how to use it or get a hold of all these people. And in Coogni does come go to all these data centers and legally force them to take your information off there, and you will notice right away fewer spam calls, emails, and texts, And they keep going at these data centers to keep your information off there.
Speaker 1: Remember, they can't scam you if they can't find you. Take your personal data back within cogni i n coog n i is how it's spelled. Get sixty percent off the regular price when you use the code armstrong at in Cogni dot com slash armstrong. That's sixty percent off when you use the code armstrong at in Cogni dot com slash armstrong. That's in Cogni dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: I had two stories I wanted to get on the air, and I'm going to do that next segment, just to make sure I get him on the airth I got a trans story, a personal personal experience. I'm not transitioning, that's not the not that I've got a trans story. And then I got a story around the whole Cia gold Bar thing that's pretty interesting. So all that's coming up next day here. But Yama gonna look some one in game five in game six one, but you have a pun for that right away.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 3: I don't blow us to any time out less than ninety second. Wemb We had a big game last night Spurs one. It is tied three three. There will be a game seven. I don't like the Spurs chances in Okay C but it would sure be fun to see Wemby play in the finals against the Knicks. That would be really really cool. Two things so I've been wanting to get on one a trans story. So I got to be very vague about this because I wouldn't want to hurt this person's feelings. They're super super duper nice. There is a business I go to with a very helpful woman there, and one time, like the second time i'd seen her there and she's helped me out with whatever, and she had a name tag on and it was a very unique name. I'm not going to say the name because I don't want this story to get back to her. But I said, well, that's a unique name. Was that your parents, like in somebody in the family. She said, now, I gave it to myself. Actually, well a lot of okay. Interesting. The next time I was there, she's helping me again, I said, I got to ask you. I've been thinking about this. What does that mean? You gave the name to yourself? Did you change you said? She said, I went through a weird period where I was trans and for a little while, and yeah, so I changed my name to this, but I decided I'm not trans anyway. And then she went about helm and I thought, that's like the first person I've come across that has said that to me in person. I went through this weird phase where I thought it was trans and I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're going to hear that more and more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, And thank god it appears she didn't do any You know, surgical can't be reversed.
Speaker 1: Stuff, or even the irreversible hormone stuff if you're young enough, can change your body forever.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Based on teenage confusion, which is just horrifying. People who pushed that along are monsters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, good for her to come out the other side of that. And other thing we were talking earlier about the latest details on that CIA dude who got the highest clearance you can get in the CIA. It was a veteran of the cia'd been there for many, many years, and every part of his resume was a lie, lie after lie after lie after life. The new stuff that came out today was he became an officer in the Navy by lying about his college transcript, that he never went to that college and got a degree, and the Navy let him in as an officer. So I guess the CIA must have thought, well, surely the Navy checked that out any wow, and claiming he was a Navy test pilot and he's never had a flyer's license or anything like that of any kind. Just all kinds of lies. And so we'll see where this investigation goes.
Speaker 4: Cascading failure and incompetence.
Speaker 3: But we've been talking a little bit about kind of the fun of, you know, exaggerating your resume for a job. I mean, I've had radio jobs my entire adult life. And it wouldn't have mattered at all if I had acclaimed I was, you know, first chair flute player in the orchestra at UCLA or whatever. Nope, it wouldn't have made any efforts, right, But it reminded me remember our old producer Dominic, who was a child movie star, the late Dominic Broscia, who's now dead. He he hung around Charlie Sheen and that whole crowd back in the day. Anyway, he told us, you always say yes when you're trying out for a part in a movie. If they say, can you ride a horse? Yeah, of course I can. Can you uh can you roller blade?
Speaker 4: Oh? Sure?
Speaker 3: Can you? Of course? Well yeah, can you surf?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I've been surfing my whole life. Whatever it is, you just say yes, and it'll usually work out. I mean you'll be at least it won't keep you from getting the part, and then you'll figure it out later they'll teach you or something. And I truly interesting and uh I should have done that. Where can you? Uh? Can you do play by play for basketball?
Speaker 8: Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I used to do that for my local college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for three years, three and a half years, I mean three and a half years, you know the season.
Speaker 4: I don't know something.
Speaker 3: Can you do a weather forecast? Sure, I'm a meteorologist for two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, huh, funny.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many people do that and get away with it. I mean, it's got to be pretty common to get away with it. If you can get away with it with what should be the strictest background check we have in the country, maybe the world. Yeah, then surely you joined some insurance firm or a bank or whatever. You can make up all kinds of crap.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen the figures various surveys on how many people pad their resumes, and it's a.
Speaker 3: Hell of a lot more than a few.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the specific numbers, but it's a known thing that people do.
Speaker 4: I've never done it, never done it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll ever apply for a job again in my life, but if I do. Man, I went to Princeton. I went to Princeton.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, And if there's one thing I learned running the Apollo program, it's that you've got to be willing to promote yourself. And that's how we got the Mercury three in the air.
Speaker 4: Joe. That was it was like the fifties.
Speaker 1: I think, did I say Mercury, I meant follow I went to Princeton.
Speaker 3: In the eighties. There's probably no way to look that up, is there an? Or I wouldn't be super easy, So I'll say I did.
Speaker 1: And if they say they had no record of you say, wait a minute, are you serious?
Speaker 4: This is? This is I'll make a couple of calls. I am truly truly offended by.
Speaker 3: I better stop wearing this letter jacket. Then that's I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: There wearing your letter jacket? Are you really jugged?
Speaker 3: If you miss a segment the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty