Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Kaddy Armstrong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: So we got some good stuff to talk about this hour. Last hour we talked about this. The CEO of bed Bath and Beyond put out a letter on how they can't operate stores in California anymore because of all the problems. The tax is, the regulation, the crime, everything else. Nick Gillispie of Reason magazine says, this is the culmination of what they had written about several years back. Is California over because of all its problems? So we can talk about that a little bit later. Good luck running on that, Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 3: Wow wow, So my investigative journalism has paid off yet another key fact that makes the hot, self important drunk chicks in Rhode Island story even more hilarious. Oh okay, I wasn't sure in what order to list those adjectives hot, drunk, self important chicks.
Speaker 2: I think the hot part because you only get traction at all because you're a hot chick with this sort of behavior, right, militant, loud, nasty looking chick or exhibits this sort of behavior too.
Speaker 1: In political settings.
Speaker 3: Lately, it's the angry grad school lunatic screaming at the cops, what.
Speaker 4: Are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Are you're arrested?
Speaker 1: That's some you know, pro Hamas rally or something like that.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a cousin to the drunk, self important hot chick syndrome.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Uh So, here's here's a question for you. First of all, you know more about drunks in general than I do. These women, particularly the special Assistant Attorney General name of Devon Hogan Flanagan. Who is who is busted by the cops? You know what, I'll ask my question after we replay the tape. Go ahead, Michael, this is what it sounded like the cops trying to get them to leave a restaurant.
Speaker 2: You're a trust mess.
Speaker 1: We gotta leave now.
Speaker 2: Number one, you're not gonna arrest us. Number two, we gotta go. I'm an aging good for you. Let's go.
Speaker 1: We're leaving.
Speaker 5: Put your hands off.
Speaker 3: The fact that she apparents. Can I buy those cops drink place? I would like to sit down and enjoy a libation with you, fellas well done.
Speaker 2: The fact that she literally seems to believe that as the attorney general, the top.
Speaker 1: Bestal assistant attorney general.
Speaker 2: But well, she's saying, I'm the I'm an age anyway, you're part of the top cop office, that the laws don't apply to you. I mean, that's what you're saying. That's it's a heck of a thing to say out loud.
Speaker 3: Well, and here's my favorite part of it, other than that they tried to show that they indeed were the reasonable ones by trying to kick out the windows in the cop car. The cops had told them repeatedly, I don't want to arrest you. All you have to do is go. They've asked you to leave, Just go. I don't want to arrest you. You're not going to arrest us. Okay, so let's leave. We gotta go, We gotta go. The officer replies, no, you can't make us. You can't arrest us. I don't want to arrest you.
Speaker 6: Just leave.
Speaker 1: See that, No, they had to sit there.
Speaker 2: The normal drunken reaction to that would be, WHOA, I have really lucked out here that all they're doing is asking me to leave. I am going to get out of here to avoid any further problems.
Speaker 3: Well, and just to give you a sense of how it was inside the restaurant, the following exchange took place. The cop can be heard on the camera asking a restaurant employee do you just want them out? Do you want them trespassed? The employee says, anything we can do trespass.
Speaker 1: Yes. So here's a question for you.
Speaker 3: As a guy who's somewhat familiar with over empuibers, these two hobbies will take complete responsibility quote unquote, and say I have a problem with alcohol.
Speaker 1: I am an alcoholic. It is a disease. You would you wouldn't fire somebody for having a disease? Would you? If I had COVID? Would you fire me? No, it's a disease.
Speaker 3: Is the primary problem that they're drunks? Or is it hard to say separate?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Or is it that they're a holes?
Speaker 2: It's their a holes. I've known thousands of drunks, and I've been around thousands of drunks thousands of times. There's only a certain personality that ever.
Speaker 3: Acts like that right right, right, well and part of his hot chick syndrome or and or be an a whole I mean, because it may shock you to hear I have actually been over served at times, and I have filed the appropriate lawsuits against the Pasterns who did it.
Speaker 2: You should they should have recognized it and stopped serving you.
Speaker 3: But I think those of us who have been in that unfortunate, regretful position, I think might have muttered this is blessed, but then left.
Speaker 1: Right. Look, I don't want to arrest you. You just have to leave. You can't arrest me. What the reaction is that?
Speaker 2: And like, well, to me, worst case scenario, this is bull as well. Okay, I'll go. Or I knew we had the music up really loud in our house really late, and I knew the cops are going to come at some point, So yes, I'm turning it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, dude, Sorry you had to come up. Yep, Yeah, we're gonna we'll.
Speaker 1: Turn it down of course. All right.
Speaker 3: Speaking of crime, the fabulous David Spunt of Fox News here specifically crime in the district.
Speaker 7: The Department of Justice investigating whether someone or multiple people may have manipulated Washington DC crime stats. Two sources briefed on the matter tell Fox News DC police statistics show violent crime down twenty six percent from last year. The members of the Trump administration and local police union dispute the data.
Speaker 8: This is something that's been unfortunately part and parcel of the police department for some time, and we're very skeptical that these crime stats are accurate.
Speaker 7: President Trump posted about the allegations of number tampering on Monday, writing it was done quote to create a false illusion of safety. A DC police commander involved in compiling numbers was reportedly put on leave earlier this year, pending an investigation into changing statistics.
Speaker 1: ABC News.
Speaker 3: I believe it was last night at New York Times at all, still reporting just that crime is actually down starkly in DC.
Speaker 1: It's a lie that it's a dangerous place with lots of crime.
Speaker 3: And nobody is mentioning the lawsuit that was quietly settled just a couple of weeks ago by the DC Department, that the Free Beacon report an end chapter and verse, all the particulars, all the exhibits from the trial that this cop was saying. No, they systematically are telling all of us, you've got to misreport crimes in a specific way to make the stats look better. So that's our lead into the fabulous Nelly bowls of the free press. Who's talking about this? Trump is sent in the National Guard to tamp down crime in d C. Is it a symbolic overreaction theater, Yes and yes, but from the left. That's not the The critique from the left, and by that I mean our mainstream newspapers, the critique is that DC has.
Speaker 1: No crime problem, no issue at all. It's perfect here.
Speaker 3: How could anyone dishornor our completely safe in pristine capital. That sound you heard was definitely not a gun, she writes. Here's the New York Times chief White House correspondent quote, citing a non existent crime crisis. Trump plans to take over the Washington, d C Police and put troops in the streets of the nation's capital. Is the crime crisis non existent, as the old gray lady said? Yeah, the homicide rate may be falling, but d C still has a very high crime rate. She goes into the stats. Then she says, but cars are being stolen because they're wearing short skirts. Car stealing is in anyone's fault by the cars? You think I'm joking? And then she shows the big headline stolen kias and hyundais or Kia and Hyundai have contributed to the car theft rings they should be forced to pay to New York Times story saying that because Kias and Hyundai's are slightly more thievable than others, that they should be forced to pay back law enforcement for the costs of dealing with car thieves. Hence ms Bowle's reference to rape that cars are just stolen because they're wearing short skirts. They asked for it, and then she says this one was a classic stolen Kias and Hundais have been involved in numerous crashes, armed robbery sprees, and other crimes across the country. We're recovering guns out of a lot of Kias that are stolen, said Seattle's police chief. The Kias are armed. The DC Police released a simple guide to avoid carjackings. This is in a city that the New York Times Chief White White House correspondent said a nonexistent crime crisis.
Speaker 1: Here's what the city tells.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: Drive in the center lane to make it harder for potential carjackers to approach you car, avoid driving alone. Travel with someone whenever possible, especially at night. Wow, when you are not coming to us, When you are coming to a stop, leave enough room to maneuver around other cars, especially if you sense trouble and need to get away, So Nelly writes, easy, pasy, I just remember to get my kids in their car seats, put snacks in the cup holders, and leave enough room between other cars and me for tactical maneuvers. And if the kiak pulls out a gun, my CRV does too.
Speaker 1: Oh, and she says a final DC police nugget.
Speaker 3: DC's crime lab lost its accreditation four years ago and only this year received permission, but just to analyze fingerprints.
Speaker 2: And no other evidence. Marine Dowd, who lives in Washington, d C. Writing over the week and writing over the weekend for The New York Times. And she's a liberal and she couldn't hate Trump more and she talks about being hit learn all this different sort of stuff. But she also talks about how many DC residents are secretly glad to see more uniforms on the street no matter what statistics say, they don't feel safe. Maureen Dowd writing this, I find myself packing pepper spray again. I feel more wary about walking around the city. It's disturbing to ask someone to unlock the clariton at CBS because the police don't lock up the smash and grabbers anymore. That's Marine Dowd writing in the New York Times, right, And but basically, the chief correspondent of the White the chief White House correspondent of the New York Times, you are among the elite of the elite of American journalism, and you are writing with a straight face that it's a non existent crime problem.
Speaker 1: Crime's way down.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Her point is, as is true with a lot of your mainstream Democrats, is you're handing Trump a win. They hate Trump, and what they're mad about is that you're handing them a win by claiming DC is fine. Her last paragraph is, even if Trump is being diabolical because she doesn't like his methods, Democrats should not pretend everything is fine here because it is not right. Wow, We've been talking about this like the whole day, because the front page story in the New York Times is how the Democrats are bleeding members in their party and it's because of stuff like this.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: How are you pretending this isn't true.
Speaker 3: I've got another example of that. It's going to blow your mind. Cool, how nutty has the Democratic party become ask their first transgender congress person, because.
Speaker 1: They will tell you believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Stay cool, that's interesting stuff. A lot on the way, stay here. And what we're hearing, of course, Martha, is that people are terrified by what has happened with.
Speaker 1: Some of these venezuela and gangs.
Speaker 9: I'm going to stop you because I know exactly what happens. I'm going to stop Yous were limited to a handful of apartment conflex apartment complexes, and the mayor said, our dedicated police officers have acted on those concerned a handful of problems.
Speaker 1: Do you hear yourself?
Speaker 7: Only a handful of apartment complexes?
Speaker 1: Remember that directly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Martha raddits as mainstream as can be, saying, yeah, trendy Iragua was in charge of a handful of apartment complexes in Colorado.
Speaker 1: But let's not overreact.
Speaker 2: Well, she had to interrupt jd Vance. She wasn't gonna let him get away with that, right.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: By the way, you got to throw this in Elon Musk. According to uh Mark, alprin is headed towards spending hundreds of millions of dollars to elect jd vance President Andy's.
Speaker 3: Shelves plan to start his own political party. Two for that threes of millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow wow.
Speaker 3: So headline in the New York Times, the Jack referenced a couple of minutes ago the Democratic already faces a voter registration crisis, and just in the first three little paragraphs, they say the Democratic Party is hemorrhaging voters, and voters are stampeding to the Republican Party, some sort of bloody stampede apparently, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Some sort of stampede where you cannot stop the bleeding.
Speaker 3: And as we discussed in our two of the show, I think we kicked off our two of the show with this in detail. But of the thirty states that track voter registration by political party, Democrats lost ground or Republicans in every single one of them, and often buy a lot and a lot of it's young voters and certainly male voters.
Speaker 1: But it is disaster for the Democratic Party.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 3: The obvious diagnosis I think was exemplified there by Martha Ratitts and some of the other stuff we've been talking about to say, hey, your apartment complexes are run by murderous Venezuelan gangs could be in such a baby or Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Is perfectly safe. There's no crime there.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is so wildly outside the actual mainstream of America.
Speaker 1: A handful of problems.
Speaker 3: The mainstream media might think that's reasonable, but humans don't.
Speaker 2: And apartment complexes need to be taken over by gangs before it's newsworthy.
Speaker 3: Martha right, handful of problems. What an insane thing to say. But anyway, I turn it into the free press. And this story is kind of the crystallization of the Democratic parties problem. And if they can come to terms with this, take a deep breath, and like I did when my arthritis was so bad, I realized I need surgeries and it would hurt real bad and it would be expensive, and I couldn't do stuff I liked for a real long time.
Speaker 1: But I had no choice.
Speaker 3: They have got to have surgery to remove the radical left from their party.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 3: Sarah McBride, quote unquote, Delaware's Democratic representative and the first openly transgender member of Congress, did an interview with Politico's Dasha Burns earlier this month.
Speaker 1: In the interview, McBride very gently.
Speaker 3: Through some of the extremist center Party under the bus quote, the reality in today's environment is that your party ecosystem is defined not just by politicians or the party, but also by some of the loudest voices online that in the voter's minds reflect and represent that broader coalition, meaning the movements being ruined by our radicals. She was murdered on Blue Sky, torn apart. Don't even google Sarah McBride Blue Sky unless you want obscenities and threats and horrors. This is the first brands gender member of Congress saying, Yeah, the Democratic Party has been ruined by her radicals, and the radicals wanted to rip his her throat out.
Speaker 2: And Elon's going to spend hundreds of millions to help Jade Vance get elected president in twenty hundreds of.
Speaker 1: Dollars left hour.
Speaker 6: When it comes to security, they're willing to put people on the ground, We're willing to help them with things, especially probably if you could talk about Bay Air, because there's nobody has the kind of stuff we have.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was Trump yesterday making it clear no US boots on the ground, but we would help with our air force. But you know, obviously if.
Speaker 1: We were attacking or something.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: Michael Trumps franctured syntax. It's syntax. It's always a little challenging to figure out what he actually means.
Speaker 2: Sometimes he does that on purpose, or all politicians do that on purpose to leave things vague. But and then and then sometimes you fill in the blanks the way you want them filled in. But they didn't actually commit to that. Everybody does that in politics. But John Bolton said the other day, you know, we if you got French and British troops on the ground and they start getting hammered by Russia, we're in it. I mean, even if we don't put US boots on the ground, we've got our air force coming to their defense obviously, so and everything that goes from there. So a couple of different things. I suppose we'll get into the longer conversation about this. Our current thinking, well my current thinking. I think our current thinking is starting with I don't know yesterday, a couple of days ago. Has anybody asked Putin if he has any interest in this. I feel like this is an entirely one sided conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they the Kremlin and Putin and Lavrov have given every signal that no, I'm not meeting with Zelenski.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Well, here's a little more on that. Here's a report from CNN.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, the Russian Foreign minister came out and he said, look, the Russians are not against any sort of format per se, whether it's bilateral or trilader, but they also say that any sort of meeting would have to be well prepared and takes time to prepare. So so far, the Russians have not confirmed whether or not Vladimir Putin is even up for a meeting with voladimirs Lenski, and whether he has confirmed that that such a meeting will actually take place.
Speaker 2: Of Trump does what a lot of salespeople do, the presumptive closed thing, where you just you state something as if it's already been agreed upon and then hope that momentum or your embarrassments. It's saying, wait a second, I don't remember agreeing to that, or something will carry it forward, but it's not gonna work in this case. Another quick report from CNN.
Speaker 10: Putin can't go just anywhere. There is a warrant out for his arrest by the international courts. That was from two thousand and three because of the Ukrainian War. So that's why he has ruled out almost all European countries. But there have been a number of countries that have been floated that it would include Switzerland, Hungary. But right now it doesn't appear as though Putin has firmly said a time, which is obviously going to impact where exactly this is. I have been told that most of the planning on the trilateral has been put on hold till they figure out that first meeting.
Speaker 2: Well, the Wall Street Journal is writing today that they think it's very unlikely that there is a Putin Zelensky meeting with or without Trump.
Speaker 1: Ever, right, I would agree.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to think this is gonna nothing is going to come out of all of this, and then we're going back.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to be back to is Europe willing to go to war against Russia with Ukraine or not?
Speaker 3: So I don't remember if it was Prague or Romania because people have been throwing it around. But you want to hear how calculating and cloaked but mean Putin and the Kremlin are. They threw out a suggestion for well, you know if we did meet, how about this location and it was and I can't remember if it was Progu or Roumini or whatever, but the very location where Ukraine agreed to give up its nuclear arms in return for the Brits and US, the United States assuring their defense and their sovereignty.
Speaker 2: That's where Budapest comes from. So the famous Budapest right, the famous Budapest Agreement for nineteen ninety four, which is horrifying in retrospect, where the world basically said, you bring give up your nuclear weapons, Ukraine, we got your back, with your on this paper right here, will sign the Budapest Agreement, which obviously hasn't helped them much as they've been invaded multiple times and now currently are at war with Russia and nobody has really really stepped up to help them.
Speaker 1: So why would they think?
Speaker 3: So Putin says, hey, why don't we go back to Budapest to sign another agreement with the West.
Speaker 1: Wow? Do you think that was an accident?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, I see what you're saying here. So he's saying to Ukraine, Noah, agreement they make for you means anything. Yeah, And that's the reasonable point. I mean, it's not it's not not a reasonable point.
Speaker 3: Right, And he's practically saying, and I'm gonna attack you anyway. I attacked you over that, after that agreement, I'll attack you over the next one, after the next one. You want to sign three more, that's fine. Can I give you a hint what I'm gonna do?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Are you up on this story of this, all of the the whole last two weeks originates from a miscommunication or a mistranslation. Are you up on that story? It doesn't I've only heard it reported so the London Telegraph, they talk about it regularly, and the London Telegraph doing tremendous reporting on this whole war at the very beginning. When when the very beginning two weeks ago, when Witkof went over and met in Russia with Lav Robert, did he meet with Putin directly? It doesn't make any difference. He either misheard, mis wrote down, got mistranslated that Putin had agreed to security forces being in Ukraine, European forces, European forces. Yeah, and he hadn't. And it was a miss It was a mistake. But all of this, and and so Whitcoff came back and told Trump, Yeah, Putin has agreed, he's okay with some uh you know, uh security forces on the ground as part of the deal, and everything is emanated from that belief. That was a mistake from the very beginning. Have you heard that anywhere other The Telegraph has talked about it, and then I heard it one other place over the weekend.
Speaker 3: That is bizarre and troubling in rings one hundred percent true. I think I remember hearing that repeatedly and thinking.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, he didn't. Putin wouldn't agree to that, And sure enough he hasn't.
Speaker 2: Well, and it explains how Trump got so far out over his skis of you know, let's meet, let's blah blah blah, because he thought had already agreed to I mean, if he's gonna agree to troops on the ground, then obviously he's on board with some peace there.
Speaker 3: And remember Putin's the master manipulator, so I can actually another possibility to contradict myself. But another possibility was he might have said to Whitkough, you know what, there are circumstances where I could see that, Yeah, that it's certainly something we could talk about, just to delay, just to obfuscate, just to confuse just to cloud.
Speaker 2: The waters, and Putin had in the last twenty four hours one of the biggest attacks on Ukraine in the last month.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and it's close to breakthroughs.
Speaker 3: You know, it'll cost some another fifty thousand men, but close to breakthroughs and some fairly significant sectors.
Speaker 1: So on he goes.
Speaker 2: You know, if the peace talks peace talks? Are they even peace talks? Is that the right word? Arm?
Speaker 1: But if the peace.
Speaker 2: Talks don't amount to anything, Trump's gonna get hammered by the mainstream media. I don't think you should get hammered for trying. It's the downside. But we're gonna be back to square one.
Speaker 1: Is the world.
Speaker 2: Willing to help Ukraine push Russia out of there? Or does Ukraine need to say we're never getting that land back? How do we stop this war?
Speaker 3: I feel like there's going to be one more big push. Europe will say we're gonna give you all the weapons you need. We're gonna buy him from the United States. Because Trump is obsessed with getting good deals. He say, yeah, we're not giving them, we're selling them. This is gonna support our great arms manufacturers. The US is gonna make them mint and they will sell them quote unquote to the European slash Ukrainians. Those debts will be forgiven in future days, by the way, and Ukraine will make with European arms, one more big push to push Russia back as far as they possibly can.
Speaker 1: That's what I would guess.
Speaker 2: So do you think that this becomes evident Putin's not interested in a ceasefire or piece in any way whatsoever? Trump think, well, I did all I could and we just kind of go with status quo. Or does he hit the sanctions and the arming Ukraine to a greater extent than we have in the past. That's what Mark Alpurn thinks is going to happen.
Speaker 3: Right right, Yeah, Like I said, I think it will go that way.
Speaker 1: I could see him washing his hands of it.
Speaker 3: Saying, it's not our fight, it's not our problem, it's Europe's fight. If they want to buy arms, we'll sell them to them, but not with the kind of behind the scenes encouragement. We're on your team. Aid that I think would make a difference, but he'll still sell.
Speaker 2: Him Arms's not an unreasonable conclusion to say, hey, Europe, you want to really fight Russian and push him out. Go ahead, we'll help you a little bit again, We'll say you stuff and maybe some intelligence or whatever. But what an interesting situation for the world. Mike makes right is just a fact.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's.
Speaker 2: Horrible the only time. Well, no might always makes right. Sometimes the good guys have the most might, So you get to kind of claim that might didn't make right. But the reason the world order exists the way it does now is not because we're more moral than China. It's because we've had more might than everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that the might makes right.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a bit of a moral judgment, and I think that confuses people, right, I prefer the ancient saying that strong countries do what they will, weak countries do what they must.
Speaker 2: What an interesting situation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Putin is not meeting with Selenski. It's not happening.
Speaker 2: I don't think he has the slightest interest in.
Speaker 1: Stopping correct Why I thought that all along?
Speaker 2: Why is it that somebody should ask me? Why isn't that more evident to more people?
Speaker 1: I really don't know when he got off that thinking. I doubt he would.
Speaker 2: You assume that he didn't know this until he landed, and he looked out the window and saw the red carpet that that was gonna happen. Oh, but he didn't know that was gonna happen. So the plane lands, rolls up, he probably sees the red carpet and thinks this is unbelievable. He walks across the red carpet, Trump waves him over into the beast and he had to be thinking this is really amazing. Wait, they're treating me here whatever?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and putin being putin. I'm sure he was thinking, I wonder what cards they're gonna play? This is interesting?
Speaker 2: Why do you people think I'm willing to quit? Okay, I'll play along if you want.
Speaker 3: Cool flyover? Yeah, cool planes. Wow that was fun. Thanks for doing that.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's another chapter eight to be written to this story. No doubt we will finish strong next farm strong Yetie.
Speaker 1: I found some models online.
Speaker 5: After a variety of failures, I found one that actually printed and it sounded good. It's a great start for kids that smile that comes out as they're starting to play, and they create that sound themselves, that love of music for their entire life. If that sticks with them, then to me, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel more confident in school because I'm like, I can play this instrument.
Speaker 1: I can do anything.
Speaker 2: Children they're so stupid. That's a they're little happy about getting. So there are three D printing violins. They couldn't afford violins for the school, and they three D print them, which was a really cheap way to make violence. Which is kind of interesting because I know some about what that's they're doing in the guitar world with stuff like that, with the synthetic materials and stuff in a way that they never have in the past. You can make instruments that sound pretty decent for really real, really cheap, and they also don't like get ruined by weather. So at least the availability of instruments is becoming much much, much, much much.
Speaker 3: Easier, right right, And this gal took this on on her own. You know, we rail a lot about the state of American education, which is horrible and Marxist and doctrination blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But this gal is a hero.
Speaker 3: She came across the idea of three D printing from the Ottawa Symphony Orchestra and Washington must have stuff online, started tinkering, found some models online and just thought, Hey, this is a chance to get our kids to be able to play in a very very low income, rural Pennsylvania school district. Really cool, it's a nice story. Music is so good for kids and their brains. Oh can't be beat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my son's taking guitar lessons. I really hope he sticks with it, partially because I keep telling him, dude, chicks digging you. You play a song and sing chicks ticket man.
Speaker 3: Even in this era pre fab you know, computerized music. Yeah, if you can play something very impressive.
Speaker 2: Do you know who David Mammeett is. He's a playwright. He did most famously Glen Gary Glenn Ross, which is maybe my in my top five movies of all time screenwriter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like him.
Speaker 2: He's got a piece in the Free Press today. It's called back when we gave an F. And it's the actual word, back when we gave it F. And the subheadline is profanity was once a useful weapon. Now it's a dull blade. Profanity has lost its punch. I'll bet I haven't read it, but i'll bet it's out of the Trump and then now the Democratic Party thinking the way to fight back is to cuss and it's just so okay, then it's meaningless. Yeah yeah, so Jivy and I guess the history of language would be the younger working class is gonna have to invent some new words or sounds that are extra dirty that we don't think we should say in public to shock us, to shock us, because that has to exist in language.
Speaker 3: We did one of my favorite podcasts we've ever done, and I'm sure some of you geniuses can figure out which one it is. Let us know and we'll repost it or something. But it was about the nature of obscenity through the centuries and how back in the day in your village people pooped and had sex, like in front of each other.
Speaker 1: There's no privacy, there was no room.
Speaker 3: And so the obscenities that we use that a reference sex or poop or whatever, they were unknown. It was all religious references that were the obscenities of the day.
Speaker 2: Why'd you have to put those together. I'd much rather see my neighbors have sex than poop.
Speaker 1: You don't get a choice.
Speaker 2: You don't get a choice, and they both.
Speaker 1: Wake up and well, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Suppose it depends on the neighbors them over there, not so much them over there, sure absolutely, and find myself will wander and buy their hut semi frequently.
Speaker 1: Who here's your.
Speaker 2: Host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up show. There he is our technical director, Mike Langelo Michael final thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today is.
Speaker 4: National Radio Day, and I would say my radio career began when I was five years old. I'd use my tinker toys to build radio towers up to the ceiling, and I even put little lights up at the top to make sure the planes.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't hit my tower.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's sensible precaution there in your living room, Katie Green and are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 11: As a final talk, Katie Jack, warning for your son or for anybody else's whose kids are getting braces afterwards where your retainers or else, your bottom teeth will look like mine fighting for your spot in their mouth.
Speaker 2: They get crooked again real fast. It's a man yesterday at the doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took a couple of years.
Speaker 2: They said all your time and money will be wasted if you don't keep wearing your retainer. I didn't know that m hm.
Speaker 1: He Jack final thought for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna talk about it on National Radio Day. We're gonna talk about radio. Some in the One More Thing podcast have some stories to tell. I'm sure Joe does too, I'm sure Katie does. That'll be entertaining. So that's the One More Thing Podcast.
Speaker 1: My final thought.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about some of the things we discussed today, including the transgender congress person who like dared to say, hey, maybe our radical left is hurting the party and got murdered for it.
Speaker 1: It's one of the best things about being a conservative. We disagree all the time.
Speaker 3: You don't have to stay to the specific party doctrine every single day.
Speaker 1: It's it's cool. It's liberating.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty pooping and having insects in front of their neighbors and wrapping up another grueling for our workday.
Speaker 3: So many people, thanks so little time ago to Armstrong getdy dot com. A lot of great hot links for you. Drops an oat mail bag at armstrong getty dot com. Pick up a hat or a T shirt or a hoodie.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow. God bless a America. I'm Strong and Gettym's face the crisis.
Speaker 1: A legend falls in Hard.
Speaker 3: Times bad trucker with a Lison bad therapy and a mouthy Wench.
Speaker 1: They covered it all this morning, and tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They'll do even more with the arms Strong and Getty Show, The Conscience
Speaker 1: Savany Armstrong and Getty