Speaker 1: I want to I want to talk to the man of the hour. I mean there are multiple men of the hour, but we'd be hard pressed to find someone better to talk to than Mike. Is Sicky joining us right now on the Patriots postgame show, It's Hardy, Mike do So and Paul Parrilla. Mike, congratulations, what a game.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you guys very much. Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Mike, just you know, what was the energy like coming out today, because it seems like you guys finally got you know, a good start. You came out, you put a drive together, you put some points on the board, the defense came out and got that interception. Just you know, can you speak a little bit to just the start and the energy that that brought to you your team?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I mean it was something that we focused on, you know all wee can practice, just talked about it all week, just starting fast and you know, playing from ahead, and we were able to do that and then obviously, you know, it took all four quarters and all the minutes.
Speaker 4: So Mike, obviously you come down to the wire there, you're at the one yard line, you have no time out, so running the ball probably not an option there to make sure you have the tying field goal. Take us through the touchdown catch. You looked like you got inside. If I think was it was it Johnson? I think Taron Johnson?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, absolutely, yeah. I mean I knew once we sent that personnel on the field that you know, I was gonna have a chance. And uh, you know, it's really just four verts by everybody in the field, and you know, Mac just kind of going to going to whatever matchup that that he that he selected, and you know, I'm appreciated with him giving me a chance. And uh, you know I knew that. You know, Johnson was probably thinking I was gonna try to get to his outside and maybe like a back shoulder, So I tried to you know, sell that and then you know, sneak inside and make make a play.
Speaker 3: See seemed like Mac had to go to you on National tight Ends day though, right like that, like that just had to happen.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I'll take you, I'll take you. I mean that was that was definitely a fun way to end.
Speaker 1: Mike we I'm sorry, we we won't we won't tell anybody, but were you thinking field goal? Maybe field goal on that last drive and then and then we'll see what happens in overtime.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, honestly, I mean, you know, on the sideline, you know, we were talking. You know, our goal was to go down there, score and win it. And that's exactly what we did. Started off hot with a great player, m Andre Hunter, had a great catch on third down, pop got us down in the one yard line, and uh then you know it will be you know, send in twelve personnel and you know, gave gave me a chance for uh for the game winner and Matt Greick and Matt gave a great ball, o line gave him time and it was it was. It was a great ending to a great day for us. But you know, we got a long road ahead of us.
Speaker 4: So, Mike, as you're talking, we're running highlights of the of the game winning catch, and it looked like you did a really nice job of sort of knowing that Johnson's coming and keeping the ball a little bit up high. You know, obviously you have you know, a pretty good height advantage there, but making sure that he wasn't going to get high enough to be able to knock the ball loose. Was that on your mind as you're bringing it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I think you know, I learned that way back, you know, when I know you know my size and you know where I can keep the ball. So I knew if I kind of just kept it away, because you know, they're they're teaching him to, you know, play through the hands. So if I tried to tuck it right there, it would have give him a chance to make a play on it. So I just trying to keep it away. Uh, you know, obviously get two feet control of the ground and then get up and celebrate like an absolute moral Well, Mike, I.
Speaker 4: Don't deserve to today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and seriously for an offense that's been a hold on the quiet side, you and several other guys on the offense today kicked that door open and said we're here. So congratulations, great win, great catch, and we really appreciate you taking the time. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, guys. I appreciate it, all right, Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike is sick.
Speaker 2: Thank you.