Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and.
Speaker 2: Now he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Eddy one of the beach to President She of Chinas.
Speaker 1: Well that happens.
Speaker 4: We look right now, and I told you before they're having tremendous difficulty because their factories are not doing business. They made a trillion dollars with biting, a trillion dollars, even a triton one with Biden selling us much of a weirder of me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, oh, the shelves that they're going to be open, Well, maybe the children will have two dollars instead of thirty dollars, you know, so maybe the two dolls will cost a couple of bucks more than they would go away.
Speaker 5: But so I thought that was an odd thing for Trump to say. So maybe your children will have one doll instead of thirty dollars for Christmas this year? Well two, it's twice as many as you just said. What is that or did he mean on the shelves. I think he meant on the shelves, and they'd cost a few bucks more. Oh, he meant on the shelves. He didn't mean, like as a gift. That's the way I took it. I don't know, that's not the way I took it, But I could be wrong. So what an odd thing to say? Way fewer presents what one of our beloved listeners to whom I should give credit, although it'd take too long to find to think. Compared that to Jimmy Carter's setting.
Speaker 1: Your thermost at lower speech, right, the malaise speech, Yeah, as it's called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, huh, I'm not sure that's fair.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just seemed like an odd thing to say to me. So your kid'll get two dollars instead of thirty, I mean if he met on the shelves. Okay, if I were to look at all of this through the lens of Trump is doing his strategic ambivalence slash I'm crazy style of negotiating him saying so China loud enough, so China could hear it. Yeah, we're gonna have a tiny fraction of the consumer choice on our shelves, and it's gonna cost more money.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: She's in pings thinking, holy crap, he's willing to this is like completely slap this stuff in the face of the American consumer.
Speaker 1: To your choice is more money.
Speaker 5: Bubo, he's crazy, he's nuts. We better, we better give in. I mean, that's that's the way I would see it. If that's what's happening. Michael's gonna grab just the last part of that with the dolls, because I want to hear the wording on that, because I took it as your kid gets too many toys and they'll be fine with a few, which I thought is all of the thing to say, I don't know that you've got a persecution complex. You think Trump was criticizing you.
Speaker 1: No, everyone, not me, America, right, yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: The children will have two dollars instead of thirty dollars, you know, so maybe the two dolls will cost a couple of bucks more than they would be a really but.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's not clear. It's it's Trump being vague, as the often is. No, it's more defendable if it's what you took it as, and that just so you have a few less choices, quite a few less choices.
Speaker 1: But if it's your.
Speaker 5: Kids are gonna get less presents, they get too many presents, Anyway, I just thought, what an interesting what an interesting angle to go with Your kids are spoiled and dolls are too cheap. Yeah, right now, I don't think that's what he meant. Anyway, let's hear it goes on a little bit. This is kind of interesting, this serious battle between US and China.
Speaker 4: They have ships that are loaded up with stuff, much of which not all of it, but much of which we don't need, and we have to make a fair deal. We've been ripped off by every country in the world, but China, I would say, is the leading, the leading one, the leading candidate for the chief ripper offer. There has never been There has never been a country that's been ripped off more than the United States of America.
Speaker 5: Ships full of stuff we don't need. Anyway, Again, I'm not exactly sure. I mean, they're shipping it over here because people are buying it, and they're not. I mean, they're not in the business of just and stores aren't the business of filling their shelves for a little stuff people don't want, either need and want or two different things. But right exactly, we have railed against cheap Chinese crap owner tendency to buy garbage that'll just be replaced in three years, as opposed to you know, enduring quality for a little more money. Give me a sixty dollars toaster you have for twenty years and you give to your kids when you go to the Great beyond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you tool for toast. I want to get a longer or two with I mean toast.
Speaker 5: Honey, would you like my incredibly rock solid Detroit built toasters. It is a robust toaster and weighs about forty pounds. You might want to have somebody to help you carried, but it will make four slices of toast for the next two decades. Right as I want to say, you could toast a bagel with it, then beat a knox to death with it, and then toast another bagel with it because it's still intact. But anyway, I have thought that, but I want to make that choice. I don't want the President of the United States necessarily to make it for me.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, I get his point completely. I don't think it's a silly.
Speaker 5: Argument and unnecessary, and he baited me into like arguing against it, because that's it's totally irrelevant China, even more than the most most of the world post WW two, because this describes the whole world, but especially China went from complete economic basket case that needed our mercy so their economy could get up and running and become a customer of ours and a supplier of ours too. But yeah, we took mercy on them and gave them unfair trade deals because we wanted them to develop economically. But they've gone from a basket case now to a superpower, and in the case of China, a thief, a manipulator of currencies, and just a cheater in every way that's imaginable. So yeah, it's time to change the relationship. Never mind how many dolls are out there. That'll be the title of the last chapter of my memoir to old protost, the sad chapter following the previous sad chapters. China had said this yesterday, different topic, but still our evil enemy China. China pointed its finger at the United States for the origins of COVID. Yesterday, the communist regime argued that substantial evidence suggested that COVID might have come from the US earlier than the outbreak in China, while insisting the lab League theory was extremely unlikely.
Speaker 1: In a white paper the government put out yesterday.
Speaker 5: The US government, instead of facing squarely failure in response to COVID nineteen and reflecting on its shortcomings, has tried to shift the blame and divert people's attention by shamelessly politicizing COVID two origins, tracing Chinese officials complaint and it was our fault that we financed gain of function research in there.
Speaker 1: Known to be leaky lab or grant them that.
Speaker 5: It was our fault that we didn't call out the whos clearly in the pocket of China and let them get away with the early reporting that allows China to have this sort of statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just reading earlier.
Speaker 5: That the idea that the WHO is in China's pocket and lying repeatedly and egregiously back in the COVID days is more rock solid than ever.
Speaker 1: The WHO is a perverse.
Speaker 5: Corrupt organization, or certainly was as opposed to the UN which is a perverse corporate corrupt organization. And how much every other world organization that we finance almost entirely, as was the UH, the CDC, and what's the other one that's the scarflat He ran NBA all of the NBA. That's right, all of those organizations or the NIH they were all lying like lunatics during the whole COVID thing, and it's all documented now. As I said last hour, I could talk about this every day for the rest of my life. I think it's that important. But people just they I don't think they want to. Okay, they got to stop showing us on TV, or I got to turn off the TVs. Have you seen the guy fall out of the stands at the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 5: I haven't heard if he was drunkard now he had to be. No way you fall over the railing like that if you're not drunk. Anyway, he lands on the field and players start yelling, get somebody out here. Yeah, he falls from the upper deck onto the field in the outfield. How's their stadium shaped well in such a way that you fall on the field. Well, clearly, Yeah, twenty feet two stories, which is far enough, especially if you land more or less on your head. How long does it take to get to terminal velocity? You took more math at it. I think thirty feet if I remember right, So it wouldn't have been a terminal velocity, but you've been going to he was hummed. Yeah, it looks he just kind of like arms is his side, leans over the railing and then just tumbles forward all the way to the As a guy who has a fear of falling in precipices, I don't need that.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 5: Well, they start putting seat belts in those seats at major league sports sporting events.
Speaker 1: They need to require it shoulder belts as well. Almost certainly drunk, right, I don't know it's stumble.
Speaker 5: You'd just step on like a slick hot dog wrapper that has mustard on. You could step on a slick hot dog wrapper. Yes, Katie, I'm.
Speaker 6: I'm watching this video right now. If this looks intentional to me like he was trying to kill himself, well, he was sitting and then he stands up and he launches himself over the ram.
Speaker 5: It does look like he just leans forward with his arms at his side and goes over, unless he like passed out or so drunk he fell over, which Joe and I were in a football game one time where a guy fell right in our laps completely over. If he had been going forward with a railing, he'd had tumbled onto the field.
Speaker 1: Right, or maybe you know.
Speaker 5: The Pirates had met on second and third with no outs, and he said to his companion, tell you what, they don't score a run again this inning, I'm killing myself. Sure enough, hitt into a quick double play, then a strikeout, and he said, that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm done.
Speaker 5: Executive producer Hanson has looked over the video like there's a pruder film, same conclusion. Katie thinks it was on purpose. I said, goodbye, crew, were a what I'm going to dive onto the field. That's an interesting way to go out. It's possible he's suicidal and stupid, because that's a true stupid way to do it.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 5: Ah, people jump off bridges.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but that'll kill you.
Speaker 5: Throwing yourself onto an outfield, well generally, right. You know what, I want a really bad shoulder injury. Here I go. I doubt that's it, all right? Yeah, I don't want to kill myself, but I want to like cause myself pain for the rest of my life. Guys alive, so maybe they can ax him at some point when he wakes up.
Speaker 1: Yo, what was that all about? You know what I'd like to hear, Michael, what flip sixty again. Please, Hi everyone, Thank you all, thank you, thank you. And Dougie's here too. Oh man, I myself out of us tends in a ball game to stop that. Oh, it's wonderful to be home. Thank you.
Speaker 5: If I was in the second deck at Kamala Harrison's comeback speech out to put my arms at my side and divn and diving dove straight onto my head. Yeah yeah, just to end that we might have more of that later and other stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 7: Another another another troubling sign out there in the market. Strippers are reporting that customers are tipping less than half of what they used to. Yes, but what those customers lacking tips they make up for in sparkling personality. Hey hey, Cheyenne, Hey, hey, Cheyenne, you smell good.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: I hate to do this, but I need. I need a place to crash as you're building allaw iguanas. Full disclosure, I can't afford underwear.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 5: It's not a charitable view of your average strip club patriot. Although for the name the moniker Gentleman's club Jack, because everyone I've seen in one is a real gentleman. So The Washington Post has an interesting story today about Sean P. Diddy Combs speaking of debauchery right and there are I didn't realize this. He's in jail. There's a decent chance he's gonna be in jail for the rest of his life. He's got the sex trafficking and all the different charges. There are seventy different cases after this one that he's going to be dealing with. Seventy seven zero. Wow, that's incomprehensible. Yeah, it really is. So I'll just give you the opening part for the Washington Post. And really their point is everybody more or less new this was his lifestyle, but just thought, man, what are you gonna do? I guess he was like a king of Old, like a Caligula. They talk about this woman, Tania Wallace. Oh, I haven't seen a picture of but I'm guessing is very hot. That's how you end up in this situation. In late twenty twenty two, which wasn't very long ago, Sean Combs got into trouble. A man in the Los Angeles approached Tania Wallace with an offer. The man was a scout for Soft White Underbelly. That is a YouTube channel about people struggling with issues of abuse and addiction. Anyway, Wallace, an aspiring singer or model or actress or whatever you are as a young hot woman in Los Angeles. In there, thousands and thousands of them also made some money with some sex work and agreed to go get her picture taken or whatever. In the interview with The Washington Post, she recounted an incident where the Crown Prince of Brunei, once she got into this orbit, flewor from Los Angeles to Miami with the promise of helping her singing career. So if you're an out of work wanna be hotty singer, and the Crown Prince of Brunei says, yeah, I'll fly you to wherever I'm going to help you.
Speaker 1: I mean, who are you going to say no to that?
Speaker 5: Well, and you're already sharing your favors with fellas for various forms of renumeration, why not you know what the heck? Maybe you could get your singing career gone. Not that I approve, I just get it anywhere anyway, crowns Principle flies her from LA to Miami with a promise of helping her singing career. Once there, he took her to a party on Star Island, an uber exclusive man made enclave home to celebrities such as Rick Ross, retired basketball star Shaquille O'Neil, and Shawan Didty Combs, The music mogul was throwing a party. Security guards took her phone before she could wander through the property. She entered quite a scene, as she described the Washington Post, Topless waitresses served drinks by the pool. Inside woozy parter, goers were having sex and nobody was really even paying any attention. Wallace eventually encountered Sean Combs outside on a patio. At some point, she says, he started masturbating.
Speaker 1: It's got a party. Prince Abdullah Zima Brunei, who was thirty eight years old. What's really funny?
Speaker 5: As they described this as an exclusive place. Yeah, I'd rather go somewhere less exclusive, where people aren't doing that. So the ground where it's ben I says, hey, you want to go to Cuba tomorrow? I was freaked out. She got away from it and never became like a victim of any of this, but witnessed a bunch of it. So she was one of the people that had the spidy sense or good judgment or upbringing or whatever. When the Crown Prince had I says, hey, let's go to Cuba tomorrow, probably to get into a different country where they have different laws and rules. And she said no, no thanks and went back home. But she's interviewed by the Washington Postman. But and again, one of the points being there were tons and tons of people that had encountered all this, and it had been going on, and everybody kind of knew he was living this lifestyle. Was just like, again, what are you gonna do? That's Shawn Combs being Shawn Combs. On the other hand, she just released a hit record I saw did He Waxing His Dolphin by the Sea. It's number three in streaming this week, Jack till Waltz. Oddly enough, Yes, strangely so, the US military is changing its game as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: New frontiers and warfare, drones and more. We'll talk about it in moments, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: You know, we don't have a challenge with the innovation. The innovation's happening down with our soldiers. We're changing formations right now. We had an exercise where we had more than two hundred drones in a brigade combat team. We're watching what's happening. We know we need to change, and you know, if there's one thing we just can't go fast enough, we got to speed that change.
Speaker 5: General Randy George on Fox and Friends today talking about the military modernizing to try to keep up with the reality of new warfare that everybody on the planet is watching happen before our eyes in Ukraine and Russia. Indeed, Yeah, and more on that specifically in a moment, but first, in a more general look at the situation. I thought it was interesting that the Wall Street Journal editorial board was quite blunt in discussing, but I think it's good news. The House Senate Armed Services Committee has unveiled plans for a one time one hundred and fifty billion dollar increase in defense spending as part of a reconciliation bill.
Speaker 1: Whether it passes or not, who knows.
Speaker 5: But the striking part to me was that the Journal said, and I think they're quite correct, it's early good news that includes a cash infusion to arrest US military decline. They just stated as fact that our military is in decline, and they go on to say the US military spending is that historic at a historic lows. A share of the economy and America lacks the ammunition, hardware and up to date technology to prevail over an access of adversaries.
Speaker 1: Well, you could be in decline in a number of ways.
Speaker 5: You could be in decline because the current stuff you have, you know, it's breaking down and you're not replacing it or fixing it, or training is poor. You could also be just right on top of it and everything is great, but you're in decline because warfare has changed drastically in the last couple of years and you haven't changed with it. You're pretending that when you go to war it's going to be an old timy war and not the new modern war.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 5: And interestingly, a lot of the money is going to ship building, which is still important. I hope a lot of that is unmanned vessels. A future of everything is drones. Again, more on that in a second. Munitions, the Pacific Forces, homeland, missile defense, and a few other things. But I think that's overdue and necessary. But to the drone thing, well, I keep mentioning this Ukraine podcast I listened to the other day where a guy who ran Ukraine's military for a while put out a paper basically saying warfare has changed, and here's how. And he said, big ships are useless. Now Russia's super high tech warships are hiding in docks because if they go out at all, they get attacked by drones and sunk.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Now the technology might be coming to deal with the drones and then the ships are a go again. But for right now, tanks and ships don't really go out and do anything.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's a.
Speaker 5: Great illustration of the challenge of the thing. Wow, yeah, ships are out. Wait a minute, we figured out how to fend off drones. Get those ships oiled up and back out on the sea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Crazy. Oh, speaking of.
Speaker 5: Which, and I'm gonna do this just so I don't forget a handful of folks, we were discussing how that sixty seventy eighty million dollars fighter jet fell off an aircraft carrier, and we were talking about how swiftly an aircraft carrier might turn and that sort of thing. A handful of our beloved listeners sent us videos of modern aircraft carriers executing emergency turns, and it is stunning, It is mind blowing. These gigantic vessels are seriously listing to one side and turning like a speedboat.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, So it is possible that it was the sharp turn that caused the plane, the big one that was pulling the plane, and the plane rolled off the side and fell in. But well, obviously there's got to be a failing on some level. Otherwise every time they did this, all the planes would fall right. That was gonna be my point. Having to turn sharply in a war is a thing. That's why you made it have the capability to turn sharply. And I assume you don't want your fighter jets to roll off into the sea every time you have to make a sharp turn. Yes, that would be a rather expensive learning curve. You'd hope they just go ahead and strap them down to begin with. So the headline today is US Army plans massive increase in its use of drones. The shift to more small unmanned aircraft is based on lessons that Jack mentioned from the Ukraine battlefield and feel free to jump in, you know, obviously anytime you want. From the podcast, you're listening to the knowledge you gained. But they're calling it the largest overhaul since the end of the Cold War. There are plans to equip each combat division in the Army with around one thousand drones and to shed out moded weapons and other equipment. I love that the plan is the product of more than a year of experimentation at a huge trailing range in Bavaria and other US bases, drawing heavily on lessons from the war in Ukraine were small on men aircrafts, as I'm sure you've been following, used in large numbers and have transformed the battlefield.
Speaker 1: I'm pleased to hear this. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing was hearing a different person on the podcast later say, well, it's it's openly known and being reported that in Great Britain they're working on a weapon they think they are going to be able to perfect that deals with these swarms of drones and will be able to disable them, So then the whole drone thing will be over and might have been a four year blip in military history.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, neither does anybody else. Probably, well, it's such.
Speaker 5: An intriguing thought that the because of you know, computers and AI and the ability to simulate this and then three D print, that these like waves of technology that transform the battlefield that often in the past would like hold sway for one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Now it might be like a week and a.
Speaker 5: Half, right, OHI they maybe we should just give piece a chance, Jack and good life. War has never solved anything, so the are I love? That's one of my favorite ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Army's ten active duty divisions would shift heavily into unmanned aircraft if this plan is indeed carried out, using them for surveillance, to move supplies, and.
Speaker 1: To carry out attacks.
Speaker 5: No truckers, you know, protected by machine gunners going down the known supply roots at incredibly high risk. Any of you guys and gals who served in Iraq and Afghanistan with the roads you know, fraught with IEDs and the rest of it. We're thinking about y'all as we discussed this. Now, a drone would hauld that crap one way or another or well, and a drone can mean a dozen different things. As we all, I think have figured out unmanned aerial vehicle, which is obviously what we're talking about here, unmanned road vehicles, ground vehicles, ocean going vessels. There I happen to know personally there are a number of companies doing incredible innovative work with the seagoing drones. There are a couple of reports out there that the Russian military is like six months from collapsing, and that might be what Trump is up to and talking to Zelensky about.
Speaker 1: I hope that's true. That'd be awesome. You wouldn't imagine, You.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't think you could sustain these kind of casualties, even as Russia for very long. They're approaching a million men taking off the field in three years a million, seventeen thousand deaths drove them out of Afghanistan. The famous Russian mothers who got so much political power, marching in the streets about you know, their sons not coming back seventeen thousand. They've had almost a million killed and wounded, to the point they're no longer on the field in a three and a half years, right, right, Well, I don't want to you import a bunch of half starved North Koreans to do the fighting, because you're in rosy shape.
Speaker 1: Everything's going great, right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Land warfare has transitioned to drone warfare, says Jack Keene, retired General Vice Chief of Staff of the Army. You see him on Fox News now and again with his blue eyes like a husky dog. Anyway, Land warfare has transitioned to drone warfare. If you can be seen, you can be killed. A soldier carrying a rocket propelled grenade, a tank, command and control facilities, artillery positions can all be taken out by drones very rapidly for now, unless the Brits get their thing done.
Speaker 1: So interesting, God, I'd say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, I'm glad to hear that we're at least aggressively seeking the leading edge, even if we're not quite at it, and we might be. You know, we do a lot of stuff that's highly classified. And where is China on this?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Right?
Speaker 5: So our friends at Prize Picks are reminding us that the NBA playoffs are really heating up. There's some interesting matchups going on. If you think you know who is going to go off in basketball, baseball, hockey playoffs, whatever, pick your lineup and you can win big. If you had Steph Curry sucking last night he's injured, then good for you.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that.
Speaker 5: It's a way to turn your sports opinions into cash fast. Download the Prize Picks app today, Use the coat Armstrong get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineups, you could win up to two thousand times your cash.
Speaker 1: It's super easy and simple too.
Speaker 5: You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win the many multiples of your cash. And again you can pick players from a couple of different sports for your lineup. Whatever you have a theory on. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code to Armstrong. You'll get fifty dollars instantly after you played just a five dollars lineup. That's fifty bucks just for playing five. Use that code Armstrong Prize Picks run your games. Since we mentioned sports, Lebron James is out of the playoffs in the first round for the second year in a row, even though they were the three seed. They got knocked out for to one, and then the Timberwolves beat. Can I jump in and say, if you'd like to sound knowledgeable about basketball, but you have no time to pay attention to it, here's what you say, Yeah, because the NBA salary cap to have Lebron and look at Don Check on the same team, they had no supporting cast. Just say that and people revere you as a sage unless you're probably a Warriors fan or in Minnesota Timberwolves saying you don't care about this, but the the Wolves meet the Warriors last night, so that's three two Warriors and comes back to San Francisco Friday night. I might go to that game, but the Warriors are the Timberwolves last night said an NBA record for the worst three point percentage in any game in a playoffs with at least forty attempts. They shot forty seven threes and missed forty of them. You think you who would win? And they dominated that game. I mean, they just trouncet Worriors. But they shot forty seven threes and missed forty of them and won the game and won the game.
Speaker 1: But play, What a miserable effort by Golden State. Lucky for you to keep. That's one of the weird things about the NBA.
Speaker 5: If you've been an NBA fan, it's just there's those games where your team gets blown out by twenty.
Speaker 1: It happens right off the bat.
Speaker 5: All the players seem to recognize this is one of those games and kind of give up, and it just it happens now and then I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: I unders basketball's the most gracious sport for that, I think so. A Florida emom has announced that he's going to convert everybody into Florida to Islam. If you don't know why that's different than a baptistmant saying the same thing, you should stay tuned, and if you do know the difference, you should stay tuned.
Speaker 1: In fact, everyone should stay tuned. Uh.
Speaker 5: But we have a lot of good stuff. Anything in particular leap to your mind, Jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to get to I know.
Speaker 5: They've always got a campus madness update coming up next hour that's really good and interesting. Also, one of the more popular weight loss drugs, it's going to be a lot easier to get in a new way to get it, so more of us will be on that as insurance companies start to decide that it's cheaper for us in the long run for you to have that drug than to pay for all your various problems that come from being too heavy. Makes sense, So we're all going to be skinny and on medicine for better or worse.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned.
Speaker 6: Robert De Niro's twenty nine year old child, Aaron, has come out as transgender.
Speaker 1: When the press asked her for comment, she said, you talking to day then.
Speaker 5: Old timey movie reference. Good one, yeah, a good one, good one. To what extent Robert de Niro was her dad? I don't know his dad, their dad, their dad savors.
Speaker 1: So let's just go with they. It's too confusing.
Speaker 5: Uh So A lot to come next hour of important newsy worthiness. A couple of things that are aproposed nothing but enlightening and or amusing, including this. Let's not get hung up on the fact that this woman is named Lindsey Graham.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Not the the somewhat effeminate what South Carolina would you need to do that? I'm sorry, the the gentle mannered, well, I don't know. There's a Saturday Night Live bit back in the day inappropriate And I retracted. He's a brilliant man, a veteran and a long running US a long time unmarried male. And this gal has what this gal has the same name, but that's apropos not of that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And she is testifying and I believe a school board meeting. Here's what she had to say. Twelve Michael, my.
Speaker 10: Name is Lindsey Graham and I am a cat. Now mayow I'm not a woman dressed as a cat. I am a cat by.
Speaker 1: Show of hands.
Speaker 10: I'm curious how many of you believe and confess that I'm a cat?
Speaker 1: No one, you are right? Why?
Speaker 10: Because you are not stupid and these children are not stupid. One look at me and you know this to be true. I am a woman posing as a cat. You may also think correctly that if I truly believe I'm a cat, I have a mental disorder. If I suffer from a mental disorder, and if I am unable to discern reality, am I safe to be around children?
Speaker 1: Would you put me in charge of.
Speaker 10: Making critical decisions about the safety and well being of children and about the direction of their education when I cannot even discern truth from fiction. No tail, whiskers, or outfit makes me a cat, just like no lipstick, high heels, or long hair makes him a woman. If you were to address me as a cat right now, it's as ridiculous as when you say miss Bixler and a grown man's voice comes thundering over this.
Speaker 5: Thank you cut her, mic I. I'm sure agree with her directionally, but I don't know if that's a fair There are not a lot of men or women who are practically the other gender for whatever reasons of humanity. I mean, there's a lot of very effeminate dudes and masculine women. There are no practically cat like dudes or women.
Speaker 1: I'm here live, I'm not a cat. That's a fair assessment.
Speaker 5: I think her point may have been a bit overstated. Let's try this one instead. Perhaps you'll like this one. This is a woman who posted the inevitable sitting in her car talking to the camera aggrieved video. She has tattoos everywhere, many of which appeared to be of an occult nature, your typical goats, horns and pentagrams and that sort of thing. She also has more piercings than a bullseye at a high school archery tournament, just all sorts.
Speaker 1: Of metal in every which way.
Speaker 5: And she posted a video and then a gal, another plucky gal.
Speaker 1: I decided to reply to it.
Speaker 8: I applied for a job at TJ Max a few weeks ago and they denied my application. They couldn't even call me, they just sent me some automated email.
Speaker 1: So I went in.
Speaker 2: Today and I was like, so, what was the reason I didn't get hired? And she was like, Oh, like you just like don't have enough experience. There was candidates that had like more experience than you, and you know, I asked her if it was about my tattoos, obviously, because I know a lot of places don't like tattoos.
Speaker 8: She said that wasn't the reason.
Speaker 1: I don't. I feel like that's true. Okay, So here's the thing.
Speaker 11: If you want to tattoo the mess out of your face, be my guess. There's no law against inking your neck with demon symbols or sprawling all kinds of occult.
Speaker 1: Imagery across your forehead, just like there's no.
Speaker 11: Law against putting forty studs through your cheeks and your lips, or dyeing your eyeballs green.
Speaker 1: If you're a dude who.
Speaker 11: Wants to strut around in fishnut stockings, or if you're a woman who wants to dress up like a cat and me out and everybody, that's not illegal. Supremely stupid, but not illegal. But please, for the love of all that is holy, stop demanding that the rest of us accommodate your insanity.
Speaker 1: You did what you did to be different.
Speaker 11: Congratulations, mission accomplished. So TJ Max doesn't want you to be the face of their store for their customers. Maybe go see if the circus has an eotase.
Speaker 1: That's a good ending. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can do or present any way I want and you have to accept me. Yeah, not really, no, Yeah, how do you The trouble is there's just too many lawyers and everything.
Speaker 1: How do you illegally do that? Though?
Speaker 5: How do you legally? How do you write that into the law? Very state by state, you know, and where do you draw the line we don't want women with short hair working here?
Speaker 1: Can you do that? It depends on the nature of the business.
Speaker 5: But this isn't mean in reality if you get away from freaking lawyers and having to you know, get everything figured out lawwise, No, TJ Max shouldn't have to hire somebody that ninety percent of customers are going to like recoil from right or.
Speaker 1: Be afraid of. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Clearly that that collision between practical reality and civil rights is a really interesting field. And I could talk about it all day, but we're out of time. But just everybody should teach their youngster. You want to be really out there, go ahead, But there are gonna be results from this. There will be repercussions from this. Yeah, people have reaction. They make perceptions or assumptions about you. Maybe they're not right, maybe they're not fair, but they will do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, Well they're sitting in the car selfie video. Yeah what do you be? Young people? Young people, get off my law
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty