Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're Black Brad Ambition ambition, ambis ambition ambition. Hey Andrew you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do the viral.
Speaker 3: A monster seen this that Megan the Stallion, like Japanese song I've heard, there's like this dance everyone's doing, and I'll just I'll stop.
Speaker 2: No one needs does it require good needs?
Speaker 3: No, it's a pretty It's a lot of like handography.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could do that.
Speaker 2: You know, I got like a little hip hop.
Speaker 1: I don't got that. I don't got the knees, but I got my wrist are still a little.
Speaker 3: It's what would be summer without like a little viral TikTok dance moment. And I'm just glad because that song is hot. And shout out to Japanese music because maybe like K pop is that girl right now? Everyone is into k pop, but like you know what, I don't know who this young man is that she has on this track or is she on his track? I don't know anyway, love it, Love it for them. Happy September, yes or August or whatever, Happy pumpkin spice latte season.
Speaker 1: I know, let's just say that it's post Labor Day yes, And I mean, I know we're deeper into the year, but I feel like it's a good time for a check in and check up of like your financial plus goals.
Speaker 3: It's like, looking back, it's like the September hangover after the summer being outside. Yes, this summer was EXPOSI but the shitty the worst part is that now the holidays are coming and it's like, oh, just let's get it together right before example.
Speaker 1: This is an episode let's check in and check up. Y'all listening. Good opportunity to check in and check check up as well. So, yeah, do you remember, like what your goals were in January? You're like, oh, this year I hope to do got that? Would it came to your like your finances.
Speaker 2: Plus Tiffany, I'm not going to lie to you.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, in January I was in like peak mental health crisis. Like I didn't make any sort of goals, Like the only goals I had January leading into feb than my dad had his like whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was like survival was.
Speaker 3: My only thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But one.
Speaker 3: One shiny, like one of the bright spots when I think about that period is that I hosted Mama's Night in which was an event at my house where I invited like twenty women, like local like neighbors and friends and had this.
Speaker 2: Like killer party.
Speaker 3: I don't know who she was that hosted that party at the time, but my goal at the time, because you and I talked a lot about making more connections and stuff, and my goal at the time was to do one of those again. So yeah, but everything else that I probably should have made a goal, like saving more and bringing in more income from the business, and like writing this book. I'm not going to lie. Those three things not weren't cute. Weren't cute, But I am proud that in the past month or so, I am finally making progress on that. So I'm trying to like put aside the disappointment and what I thought could be the first six months of this year and just like make peace and just say, Okay, I'm putting my best foot forward now and let's get going again.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna call this episode back half Heavy. That's one of my friend He says that, like back half Heavy four, like you know, the half of the year, like you know, the happening this back half we go, we gonna hit it hard. It's heavy that's going on.
Speaker 2: This is it?
Speaker 3: What about you? Miss condo.
Speaker 1: Honestly, my goal saying for the business was just never would have made it. I mean it was I was just trying to save the business. January was so business wise fraught with is we gonna make it? Because the year was so hard, and we had like almost no month of emergency saving and we had one month of emergency savings left. Everything was going down, Like one of my businesses were down over forty percent. The other one was just dragging the Bunjanista was just dragging January. I mean, December was dismal, and so my main focus in January was just if we can get a head up of water. So we hit January hard and we did, thankfully. And so personally Rathie, had I bought the condo, had I closed on it, I feel like I close on the condo maybe the end of twenty twenty three, I think, or maybe I closed in the beginning of twenty one. It was such a whirlwind, if I'm being honest, so I believe that already closed on the condo. I feel like I was letting the person who lived there before lived there for a few months. So you know, she paid me the carrying costs because you know she I guess I don't know where she was moving. So my personal goals were as far as financial, were to like create a budget, to you know, to renovate the condom. And I'm sure I blew past it. At some point, you know, you just stop counting and like, eh, just buy it. Here's my card. So I did not stick to budget, but I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 3: And so it looks so stunning. Think it looks so good.
Speaker 1: To like that was one of looks good.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Was to enjoy the money I worked so hard to make. That was one of my goals because everybody knows I'm a bit of a mice Carl Cheapy and I told myself, Tiffany, you know, you don't spend a lot of money. And my sister Tracy and I have this, like we have this funny line that we say to each other, like when we're going to spend money in ways that are not quote unquote traditionally responsible, what is the money for? You know? So she'll say, like, you know, like you know, I'll say, like, oh, you know, we should get super eats. You know, and maybe like two rolls of sushi is like fifty bucks, and it's like that's a lot because we don't feel like picking it up. And she's like, girl, what is the money for? You know? And so many like enjoyment and so I have. I'm proud of myself that I can't balance that though, Yes that I bounce, yes, because you know me, like I didn't have balance. On the other side, I'm like, no deb no overspending, no this, no that, no this, you know. And then the other side is like, you know, you get to enjoy, you get to create a beautiful place where you want to live. So I say, all in all, with this halfway through the year plus, I'm kind of where I wanted to be. I definitely said I wanted to start to trade this year and lean into that. I have not, so that's probably yeah, that I really I mean I started a little bit because I took my friend Terry's course. I'm just so scared. I don't know why, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were gonna, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Now you were gonna do it alongside Yes, the people who signed up for Terry's challenge.
Speaker 4: So when we just talked to Terry this week I did and so I took the class. I took the course and I did some of the simulations. I'm like afraid to actually jump in, jump in. I think I'm still holding on to that time that my first investing remember with Jake the Thief, my first investing jumbo when I was in my twenties and like I lost everything. So I think I'm still carrying that, like that fear alongside me of like really jumping in and moving beyond just the learning and the practicing to the doing.
Speaker 1: Like I don't trust myself almost, But so that's where I am half way through the year, really try and I would really love to end the year with taking some trades for real, even if it's just ten hours, just to show myself see you can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. State farm agents are small business owners too, so they know how to help you choose personalized policies that fit your needs, like a good neighbor State farm is there talk to your local agent today? Gosh, I mean it's like that mind block. So when you have that fear, like is it something that when you you can log onto the site like what's your what's your brokerage? That you're using to trade a trade a trade. So when you get there, have you like looked at something to purchase?
Speaker 2: You know? Is it that you just get stuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think each thing has a simulation. Is a sinker swim, there's a simulation I've been using. Yeah, think, yeah, think a swim, and so I've used it. But yeah, so when I go on, even though obviously I'm not gonna be trading with one hundred thousand dollars out of the game, what comes up in my head is like, what if you make a mistake. This is real money. What if you make a mistake? Even though if I lose two three hundred dollars, it's not going to put me in a bad financial state. I don't know. It's like this compounding, like snowball that like two hundred least is twenty least to twenty at least to two hundred thousand at leasta you're on the street again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's almost like you're thinking of it, like when you go to Vegas and if you place a losing bet and then you just keep digging yourself in deeper to get out. However, like, what are some facts like can we check the facts on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, you get doctor Green, look at doctor Man. Yes, you're right.
Speaker 3: Wait, you know what, I just did my emotion regulation homework from group therapy my DDT shout out to dialectical behavioral therapy, y'all it is that girl. But yeah, checking the facts is so important and I'm just like, so, let's sit with that. Do you think you're going to fail? But what's the reality. So let's say the worst happens, you invest five hundred dollars and I lose it. But what does that mean in trading? Like you lose it because the stock value plummets.
Speaker 1: Yes, so let's just say, like you, you know, buy a stock at it, like you know, it's it's five hundred dollars a share and you're hoping that's going to go up to five fifty, but it goes down to two fifty and you're like, yikes, you know what I put in? I lost? You know, like what I put in?
Speaker 2: And what is a rule?
Speaker 3: Does Terry have like a rule around like when to sell a loser? You know?
Speaker 1: She also has like you could do these stock losses basically, so you could even say, if it gets to this job abandoned ship, so you don't actually have to go down, down, down, So that's that is.
Speaker 3: In place, so there's no way you'd lose everything. Also, if you invest in Apple share, it's never going to hit zero. Yeah, very likely to very unlikely to hit zero.
Speaker 1: I think what's really I don't is a fact of money that we're like now that we're talking through it, I think my fear is not so much about the loss of money. It is about proving to myself. See I told you didn't know how to do it, just like before, you know, like you know, like see you know, like you're not too far off from that twenty five year old Tiffany that made those big, big, big bets on yourself and you know when it came to investing and you messed up everything. So I think it's like, if you mess up this small thing, it's an indicative of like you'll make bigger mistakes in investing. Better to say we're say where it's safe, like almost like I'm afraid that if I have a loss, it proves to me that I can't do this, I can't invest in this way, and it's better for me not to know whether that's true or not, and so that that's what like I'm struggling with. Like this, the self talk I'm telling myself is you don't know how to actively invest. You know that you're not capable, you don't know how. You already made a big mistake. And if you do start to actively invest, even if you do well at first, you're probably going to make a huge mistake and lose all of the games you've done with budgetets in your business. You know that.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that just took a huge because wait, I missed the part where you said you were going to invest your budget needs to money. I know you were going to invest like your business fund.
Speaker 1: I know I did, but I just it won't. That's that's why I lead to. I lead to like one thing means everything.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like teaching Rio to ride his bike without the training wheels and he fell and I was like, yeah, you're gonna fall again, So definitely don't ride that bike anymore. You know, do you think that was good advice?
Speaker 1: You screwed it up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna screw it up again.
Speaker 1: Know that that's what practice is.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And I think the practice will build your confidence. Yeah, And like that five And it's like I also would say the fact is that twenty How old were you when that guy scammed you twenty five thousand dollars? How old are you now?
Speaker 1: I'm twenty forty five this year, I know.
Speaker 3: So twenty years. You haven't learned something in twenty years?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Also, who else is? Who else do you know right now?
Speaker 2: Who's twenty? Supergirl? I mean she's not quite twenty, No.
Speaker 1: She's seventeen, but she turned to eighteen this year, so close enough.
Speaker 3: Like what would you say to yourself? I'm sure you have talked to yourself at twenty like that woman, the young woman who thought she was like doing something with all this money and then got scammed? Like have you forgiven her?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what it is. Maybe I'm just like just I mean, what's for you? Why didn't you ask for help? Because I thought that you know, that's what it is. I at that time, you know, when you're twenty, swore you know everything. And I know my dad was a whole CFO and an accountant and had his master's and finally everything. I didn't tell him anything because.
Speaker 2: Girl, I know best.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask for help and I just wonder why didn't she ask for help? There's a level. I think what it is is that there's a level of arrogance that comes with young people that like I can do it, and I guess I'm like wanting. I'm the opposite of that now where I'm like, oh, I can't do it. I can't do it. So I would tell her that, like, one, you should have asked for help, but two he was a liar, a cheater, scammer, Like that doesn't give anybody a right to cheat and scam me just because you didn't ask for help and scammer, Yeah, profession because I found out later. I mean like literally, he's tried by the federal government. Like when I looked up his name, he has a very unique his name is not Jake, he's a very unique names. When I looked him up, I said, wow, not the United States government literally taking him to court. So this is a person who, even if I did know, this is a professional, professional scammer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, think about everyone who invested with Bernie Sanders or any other Ponzi scheme runner. Those were intelligent people, like I mean not just intelligent, but like had we're already extremely wealthy, and they were they were conned, you know in that situation, and I think that shame around it, like you just don't want it to stop you from like it's not fair. It's like he doesn't get to rob you of this opportunity. It's almost like you have given that person a little bit of power. But in this situation, another fact is that, well, you're not investing in someone's what.
Speaker 2: Did he want you to invest in? Was it a business or something.
Speaker 1: Some commodities, like to purchase things that he was going to sell leader in some shops. So it's not that at all.
Speaker 2: That were like unregulated.
Speaker 3: You didn't see any of the reports. But now you're like we're talking about like blue chip stocks potentially like an Apple. These people you can read their filings, you can read there the news about them. It is a lot more transparent. You're not like you're the one in the driver's seat too, Like it's not like you're trading a you're not in trusting a financial advisor and investment advisor to trade your money for you, Like you're the one in control. You can see where it's going now.
Speaker 1: I see Terry told me because I told her, like all my fears she told me, like at least six months just trade, you know, the paper trading. See what it feels like to lose some, win some. So that way, you know, you start to She's like, I just want you to get your muscle memory together where you're like, I'm actually in control of this that like like I know that I think it was there was a huge dip in the market not too long ago, and she was like, you know, but I have my stop losses in place where it's like, oh, if it goes to here, not that far, don't take it that far. And so what I do like is when I see Terry, I love the fact that there is a lot of autonomy in her income. Like we know how it is with business. People think with business that we out here like ow, I tell my business give me money and she gives it. This is like I'm sorry, you better talk to me nice and funally. And so what I do like that I see with Terry that there is more of with enough research. Obviously nothing is guaranteed. With enough research. She follows like a handful of stocks that she can say, you know what, I can tell the stock because the last five six years I've been researching it. If I put my money here in a day or two, I should get that money plus some back. She took a trade not too long ago. She would two hundred thousand and then got nine hundred thousand back, and she was like, yeah, but that wasn't just like oh I saw it today. She said, this is a stock that I've gotten to know very very very very very well, and I knew it's in denounce and ups and downs, and so I like that thought of like there is on top of my business because I love doing that. I have a little more autonomy on how much money I'm able to make for myself without having to wait for my you know, the business ebbs and flows and people who I work with, And I want that autonomy to be able to say, you know, like a part of my income comes from a place that I have more control over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think that we or I don't know. It feels like to me, you've gotten to like the heart of why you're feeling that way. Now it's just about the action.
Speaker 1: So what is like, what's the next step, what's.
Speaker 2: The what's the action?
Speaker 3: So you're in you've taken Terry's course already, or is it like you've done.
Speaker 1: All taking it. So like I take like you know, a court, and then I do whatever the homework. I take course with the homework. I think the next step. I think what I need is quite honestly, like a partner, like someone to do it alongside me, because I need someone like, you know, it's like going to the gym. I need someone to be like, oh, either once a week and once every two weeks to kind of check in and be like okay, knowing, Oh damn, I got to get on the phone Mandy, and I have to have done that you know, that module and try that thing. Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So ies she have within the program? Is there like a communility structure too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there is a community. I just haven't like. It's the same reason why I don't have a personal trainer because I'm like, damn, I don't want anybody to hold me accountable. But I'm like, damn, I need someone to hold me account of play. So I need to pick And my sister Carol, like she really is really like good at investing.
Speaker 3: I was not to say, what about that sister who wants to who's like an investor?
Speaker 1: It's Carol. She's like really good girl. She bought Tesla when it was thirty dollars a share. She tried to tell us that's how she paid for her wedding. She was like, there's this company called Tesla because she's an engineer. It is so exciting. We were like, she told us for two years. I can't remember how much she put. I think she put like fifteen hundred dollars in and got back like forty thousand dollars and she showed her shares and that's how she and her had paid for their wedding. And I was like, wow, why did you tell me? She's like I did for two years? I told the group chat.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so now what is she doing?
Speaker 3: She wanted to do this with you, you know, trade.
Speaker 1: She does, but like light you know, but I should ask her, like Carol, let's let's check in, like you know, maybe twice a month and say we're going to do this together. I need someone who is going to hold me accountable for real, for real, because you know, you be telling people and they're like yeah, yeah, but then you know you forget, they forget. Everybody forgets.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to do it with you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I want to ask me. I mean you kind of have to ask me was.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, wadys, yes, I would like somebody.
Speaker 3: No, I think I have the bandwidth I think I do and what I will I will definitely commit to do in the thinker swim with you.
Speaker 2: With some faune Yes, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Be my swimming coach swimming.
Speaker 1: I'm okay.
Speaker 2: So what do I need to do?
Speaker 3: We need to get the course.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will get you the course and give me I think twice a month, maybe every other week we can decide cadence. But I feel like every other.
Speaker 2: Week we already meet like every week.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, but as far as like we should you know what well? I want you to like, want you like log in and look to see, okay, how long are the course? So that way, because I don't want weekly to feel overwhelmed. We can certainly check in every week if we wanted to, but I think every other week maybe it's like we should have a module done so we don't feel so overwhelmed, you know, but we can look like once you have access to log and I want you to look to see like, oh okay, maybe this is once a month whatever, and then we'll just walk through together and do the homework together. But I think like tentatively having a module done every other week, although we can check in verbally weekly about what do you think about this? What do you think about that? You know, like, let's just do that intentive. I'm excited because I need someone because Carol is like me. I'm like maybe maybe you know, like, but I need someone who is more strict with the I thought. We said every other Friday, we're having this chat where you at you know, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: I can do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because also I what makes me excited about it. It's like the idea of especially after a difficult year where I wasn't able to like be the business like I didn't have the business mojo, like to have another tool in the toolbox to say, if times are tough, I can make something happen that feels like more resilience to me.
Speaker 2: And I like her.
Speaker 1: Yes and low key. We can always be like, let's bring Terry on for everyone else.
Speaker 5: A k A s to be like, so we have Pence, can you do it? Let's stupid, I know that sweet She didn't say yes, she would obviously. I love that she's such a quiet, adorable like Southern bell millionaire. They don't even they don't even get they wouldn't even guess. You put Terry in a line of the people, and because of like the way we are, like in just society, like no one would pick her out of the line.
Speaker 2: She's like a multi millionaire.
Speaker 1: She's I mean literally making a million dollars in the day. It's like, do you want to do? You want to sit here, honeymoon?
Speaker 3: I love that though, just quiet and she calls herself really nerdy and techy and into the needs, and I love that.
Speaker 1: I fool yes, oh yeah, so excited maybe.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, give me the access I'm gonna be and yeah, I'm going to be doing like a little bit of like a solo retreat. So this is actually a good time. I can do all the things I can't do when I don't have all of my brain here because I share it with two other humans.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think we just modeled really good behavior. So as you guys are doing your check in, you know, one, identify kind of like what you wanted to do in the beginning of the year. Identify where you are now without judgment, and now like you should be here you know, just oh I did say I kind of wanted to do that, and here's why I am now. Oh some things I did do, some things I did additional, some things I never got to, some things I've regressed on. And then ask yourself kind of like what's holding you back like Mandy just did for me? And what would you need in order to move forward? Is it support, like you know, like an accountability partner like me and Mandy. Is it a course, is it a book? You know, whatever that is, you know, like identifying what that is. And I suggest you don't do this alone because sometimes you can't see yourself, like Mandy was so good at pulling out out this stuff for me. Maybe do this with your bestie, your sister, your your partner, your hubby, your wife, whoever and so, and then like lock and a tactical thing you're gonna do, because one thing to be like, oh, thank you so much, Manny for helping me see where I was stuck, and then I would just continue to be stuck. But it's like no, no, what can we actually do? You know, like, oh, now she and I are, she's going to hold me accountable. I'm gonna hold her accountable. And now it's like, no, I can see movement forward because like it's not just me. You know, I'm gonna be like Chad, I don't want I want to hear manny about let me go ahead and do this, do this module because I want to make it out. So I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: But I think it's I know I can be vulnerable with you, like I don't have any I don't have any self consciousness around, Like, girl, what does this mean again?
Speaker 2: What's this girl?
Speaker 1: The Googles is my friend? Okay Googles?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am excited. Yeah, this is great and I love that we can coach each other. We're professional like coaches in our live coaches, but we still need some hell yeah, we still need some support. So okay, exciting. Should we take a little break.
Speaker 1: We should, so brown break, we'd be back.
Speaker 3: We'll do a brown boost brown break. And then oh, I wanted to do a call to action for y'all be a fam what like do your midyear check in? Like what is the thing that you wanted to do at the beginning of the year, how's it going? And then like send us a DM even if it's just to say the.
Speaker 2: Words out loud.
Speaker 3: Of here's where I want to be, and then tell us what you're going to do, like what do you think has held you back? What do you think can propel you forward? And let's have that uncomfortable sort of dialogue and then hopefully that will lead you to like taking a step toward whatever goal you had.
Speaker 1: I love ooh and you know what, Actually I created a goal sheet based upon my book Get It with Money that was giving away for free. I forgot. If you dm me this is something no I'm trying. If you d m me on ig goals the word goals. If you dm me, I will send you the gig. It's called the gate good with get Good with goal Chot. I don't know what it's called, but it's a really great goal sheet. It's like it's totally free, and so it helps, Like if you can't help yourself to identify the financial places that you want to move forward, just d m me the world goals at the bunch aissa on I g and I will d m you like you know, the goal sheet. It's not even a sheet. It's like a packet or a mini book and you'll get it and it's for me. So that's my gift to you. We'll put that. I'll put that in the show notes, so I don't forget. But yes, we're gonna take goals or if I yeah, just just DM me the world goals. It should be. You can comment goals too, But I mean, I don't know when they're going to be listening, and so the d ms will always be the same.
Speaker 3: You're talking to me, Yes, what's my first name?
Speaker 1: It's going to ask you all these questions and it's going.
Speaker 3: To send to Oh this is so neat. It's like talking to the internet people online.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just DM me the word goals and I'll sub to you. All right, Yeah, we'll be back. And all right, y'all, we are back. It's time. No, I'm not supposed to be a QA and now it's time to boost up. Break up, boost up, break up, boost up? Break Are you gonna boost? Are you gonna break? What you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Would you go to H?
Speaker 1: Well, I know that, Mandy, that you have a little bit of a deeper boost. I mean I got a real light boost. So can I go first?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Light boost? So my light boost is going to be laughing gas girl. Here's it legally, So I yesterday. I have dental anxiety. I did not know it was actually a thing. I mean, I knew I felt anxious when I went to the dentist, but I didn't realize it was like a thing thing until like some years back. I saw a guy with one of my friends I follow on Facebook had posted that his dental anxiety had kept me from the kept him from the dentist for like twenty years, and his teeth were like falling apart. I'm talking about no cleaning, no nothing. And he found a dentist I want to say, in Brooklyn that specialized in people with dental anxiety, and they literally put him to sleep to do all his dental work. He had to go for like two or three weeks straight. And I was like, wait, dental anxiety. I mean, I thought we all just hated the dentists, but there are people who actually experience more anxiety than others. And I realized I had not been going. I mean, I take care of my teeth, I brush, I do all this stuff, but I was not going for cleanings. I was not, you know, And I didn't say I wasn't really getting a ton of cavities or anything like that, but still, I'm like, girl, you need to go. So I once I saw that post, I googled dentists for anxious people. I'm like, good, that's the thing, and it was. And I found a place in New Jersey hack and Sack called Designing Smiles, I think it's called. And so I went, and I freaking loved that place because so on the surface, it's just a regular dentist, but they specialized in people with dental anxiety. So you go, there are three levels of things they can do for you. So one, my last dentist before you used to take forever on my cleanings and was a little rough. That almost I was like, I can't come back here. They are really click quick with the cleaning, like they're thorough, but they specialize in being really fast because they know you're anxious. And they're really gentle because that's one of the things that you know, like that's drilling, screeping's like and they have levels. They're like, I bring my headphones and I can listen to our Like I listened to our podcast or music or whatever while they're cleaning, and so like like loud enough to kind of cover the drill, but not so loud. That I can't hear instructions from them. So that level one is bring your headphones to zone out. Level two is so I had a I did end up having a cavity because I had not been to the dentist since before d'ell passed away. I just stopped doing everything. So I had a cavity, and I had one of my crowns had to be replaced because after eight ten years you got to get a new crown. And so I was like, huh, the headphones are not going to be enough. They're like, well, we have laughing gas, and I was like, tell me more, and like basically it just calms you down, and I said okay. And then the next level, if you are really really anxious, like shaking, they can actually put you to sleep. Putting someone to sleep is never idea in general, just because to put someone to sleep you also have to wake them up, and there's always a chance that like you know, you don't so, but that is for like the next level.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Yeah, well that's just in general anesthesia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they could just put you to sleep, put you to sleep, and so I said, okay, I don't think I need that, and they don't. They don't jump there. You have to kind of like progress up.
Speaker 2: So more expensive too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So for the laughing gas. So I got the two teeth done. For the laughing gas. It was an additional one hundred and twenty five dollars. I was like, pet, okay, when I tell you Mandy Show they put the little like nolse on your nose. That eleven gas hit. So leven gas feels like, you know, right before you're about to fall asleep, you're in this hazy dream state where you're like, oh my belt, it's a good dum, but you're not quite asleep. Girl. That laughing gas hit.
Speaker 2: I was like, what I feel like?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know smoke weed, but I feel like, is this what the weed smokers were feeling like? I was liked about the tea. I mean, he was drilling, he was all the things, and I was like, chat, go ahead, go ahead, for right, And that was so chill. So this is how anxious I get. So my The last time I went to the doctor, my blood pressure was one sixteen over eighty, which is like good, we went perfect, really good, sure please. I went to the dentist the next day. They take your blood pressure at this place. She was like, you're one forty six over. Oh my my.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile, I didn't feel like I was anxious, but it was obvious my body was having a reaction because I was. And she said, you really do have Dentzel anxiety. I was like, cause I told her my doctor just yesterday, I just went perfect blood pressure. She's like, okay, And so I got my two teeth done, I had my headphones on, I listened to a podcast and I had the laughing ass and when I tell you, the level of anxiety I felt was like a two. And so he was done. He was like, you were a perfect patient. I was like, huh. So it takes about ten minutes for it to wear off once they take it off, and I tell you, I tell you, I tell you. I'm like, okay, now I'm not as anxious because one, I don't get it for cleaning, so I don't need it, but I'm not as anxious to go, and I call it. I was calling one of my friends who gets really anxious, and I told her I would go with her, but I told her the experience and so, so these are one of the things like like what is the money for this additional expense was worth it. The one twenty five was worth it on top of what I had to pay for dental, and you know, I had dental insurance, but I like capped out on like my deductible or whatever. And so yeah, so it just was worth to spend. And so I just encourage anyone you know that if you have any sort of anything medically, you know that sometimes we tell ourselves this is just how it has to go, and that's not necessarily true. Like I didn't know there were dentists for people who were anxious, and I'm so glad that I found some one, Yeah, because like I said, they're great, and yeah, like it's a question.
Speaker 3: Should just be a dentist for anxious people?
Speaker 1: I mean, and it's black, only by a woman who's started it. So there's like my dentist was a black doctor my and so I love that too. You know, we'd love to support the blacks round here, which is great. So yeah, it's just worth the price, worth the extra expense. I know everybody can't afford it, That's not what I'm saying. But for me, you know, when people say what is the money for? This is one of those areas where I was like, I know, it's an extra hundred twenty five dollars, but because extra twenty five dollars, one hundred twenty five dollars meant that I don't avoid this for another six months, which means, you know, a cavity could become a root canal. So all of a sudden, you know, you get yourself, a two hundred dollars for a cavity is a fifteen hundred dollars two thousand dollars root canal. And so in the long run, the one twenty five allows me not to have to spend whatever one thousand plus dollars to do doo deeper work, you know, so.
Speaker 3: And the requires across which is another eight to ten years, and the girl plays that girl, so I know it was.
Speaker 1: Worth the cost. So yes, I mean, so we talking about laughing as I'm talking about at the dentist, not at home.
Speaker 2: But it was great, you know.
Speaker 3: In the midst of all my like really really tough last few months. I dragged myself to my doctor for my annual physical and that alone gives me so much anxiety, and I was like looking for every reason not to go. I ended up self sabotaging to where I had both kids home with me that day and I was like, oh, well I can't, but I anyway, I forced myself to go, and I think I talked about that, but I got my results back and my cholesterol is not that cute, you guys. It was apparently it was too eighty six last December, and I like didn't comprehend. I didn't really like it didn't sink in for me. But anyway, it went down this time, okay, but it's still like in the high range is two thirty six okay, and I and especially after everything my dad has been going through, I was like, Okay, it makes sense that I'm not at my healthy estate right now, but at least I went and now I have the information. Yeah, but that anxiety can stop so many people from getting the info that could make them healthier.
Speaker 1: Me. I'm like, if I'm gonna spend money like for me, I went saying, Mandy, I went to I had not been to a doctor since before Darrell passed away, because I just kind of gave up obviously. So it was crazy. I was in the doctor's She's like, I see here. You haven't been here in two years. I had a doctor before she got cancer, and she just was not available obviously, and so I was looking for a new one. And then Drell passed away and then I was like, I'm not doing none of this stuff. So when I got back, I did not expect to be crying at the doctor's office. And she's like, why haven't you been here? I was like, well, I know. She was so sweet. So I love my new doctor. My sister suggested her, and she's like, well, you're back now, and I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. I too, got my results from my chart or whatever, and I'm vitamin D deficient, which I heard is very common. Same th so I have to figure out, like what's a good way I have to I got to ask my.
Speaker 3: Mom to take a supplement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to take a supplement. And then I found out that I am pre diabetic. I was like, wait, Haley, yes, I'm not gonna lie I'm a carb and Sweet got a choke hold on me.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even matter what your diet is. It's just like genetics sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well she said, like, I feel like it is my diet because if you can only see the sweet time and sleep like, I mean, yeah, so my mom doesn't have, my dad doesn't have. So she said it's pretty and pretty early stage, you know. So just she's like basically Tiffany Monster because I I'm not gonna lie. The last few at least maybe the last six months to a year, I have just been like, girl, yes, I'll take more syrup on my pancake, on top of my thissk, on top of my cookie on the side, on top of my dessert. You know, You're so funny for i know, like ice cream, ice ice cream, And so I was just like, so she basically was like, let's see if you change your diet, you know, and then let's see how what it does to your point. And so those are the only two things. Everything else, like, you know, she said, your cholesterol actually was excellent. So I was proud of myself because I stopped eating fried foods a very long time ago. You know, I walk every day just about but and she was like, you know, kidney function, everything else, every other level was where it should be. But she was like, girls, pre diabetes. And I'd heard that once you are diabetic, you're always diabetic. You just manage it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, not necessarily no, because like my dad had weight loss surgery a long time ago, and he was officially like not diabetic. Okay, So when you have type one diabetes, which is the kind that's like you can't control it, it's just like you either got it or you don't. You can't get rid of that. But yeah, type two, type two, you just it's kind of like the idea of when a cancer goes into remission, you know, like that and go like there could be a time I think you always have to be like on alert. But your blood sugar level was all your blood sugar levels and if you're if they're staying consistently in a healthy range, then I would say, I mean I'm not a doctor, obviously, but having heard so many doctors, my dad was like so adamant every and it was not even really relevant to what was happening with him then, but it became a point of pride for him to have everyone acknowledge he's no longer diabetic. I love that though, And I'm like, okay, Dad, yeah, you're not diabetic.
Speaker 2: Sugar is immaculate. He's like, trump, I got.
Speaker 1: A beautiful blood sugar. Oh boy, Well that that I told all my business between like my cavity and the diabetics beat us. I got a little touch of sugar. You know. I know we're gonna be flooded. And I don't mind. Girl, if you are a nurse or a doctor, whatever, you got some tips for the for the vitamin D. I am not a pill swallower, so come with something. Is there is there a liquid? No, girl, I cannot.
Speaker 2: Is there the babies a liquid salt?
Speaker 3: There's definitely there's definitely a gummy. I hate gummies.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm a swallow.
Speaker 1: I love see look look at me already. Look I'm already sugary gummy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they just like they roll the gummies and sugar.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean it's bad. I'm not gonna lie. I feel like I was like addicted to Flintstone's chewabols. I thought, let me another one. My Mom's like it's only one to day.
Speaker 3: I'm like, see they still up to be diabetics. I mean, so there's a multi vitamin.
Speaker 1: I probably shouldn't take a gummy. Scratch that. I don't want a gummy because I'm gonna time to be like, well, one is better than two, right, so let's go.
Speaker 2: Swallow a pill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, maybe a liquid supping because because I have to take it daily, So maybe like a liquid suffing I can put in water or something like that.
Speaker 2: I have one of those.
Speaker 3: I have a cute little pill case now. And it's mostly vitamins because I'm I started taking magnesium and B twelve I heard it really helps with like mood. Yeah. Then and vitamin D on top of that, and I don't know if it's I don't know, but I'm finally. I have been vitamin D deficient for a long time. And the doctor's like, so are you taking Yeah? I did, finally I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, well all right, well are you gonna boost upbreak Maddy? Now, like I said, we don't all of this.
Speaker 3: We down told all the business. Let me see, well, since it's September, I'm gonna boost for September.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Do you hear that?
Speaker 2: Do you hear the rumbling?
Speaker 3: It's the It is the sound of everybody who has power in hiring positions returning to the office after the holiday the summer season, and they are dusting off their keyboards and they are getting back to emails. They are getting back on the hiring front, it's just a known trend in September. They call it September surge. It's the fact that more hiring tends to happen. It doesn't always mean that there's like, all of a sudden, there's more jobs. I really think it's down to the fact that it's just like post September, people get their shit together because now everyone's in the mode of like, Okay, we got to get these new hires in, We've got to get these roles filled, get them in, get them trained. The holiday season is coming, like let's go, go go, And I think everyone is just more switched on in September. So for anyone, and I think a lot right now, the data is showing that not no surprise, people at work are not quitting like they were a couple of years ago. They are feeling like, Okay, let's make this work because the job market is like way more competitive.
Speaker 2: There's not as many jobs as there were.
Speaker 3: But it would be really wise, even if you are sort of like sheltering in place at your current role, it'd be really wise to start getting a little bit more active on LinkedIn. If there is something if there is some indication that you know, whether you just have a gut feeling like ah, there's something off here, I want to maybe look at other opportunities, or if you're still getting the mixed messages from management about like your opportunities for advancement, then this is just a great time for anyone to be getting on LinkedIn, making sure your profiles in tiptop shape. It's also the season of like all the networking events start happening again, and conferences it's like popping off. So if you don't have any plans for like some kind of professional networking event in September or the next few months, I would say plan for some because this is just the time when people are in the mode of Okay, holidays are coming, let's get some stuff done. What else can I say? Update your LinkedIn? Of course, yes, dust off your resume, that's always good. Think about like setting what kind of goals, Like I don't want you to go out there and apply for every single thing that you see, but like really specifically applied to roles if they speak to you, like if they are where you want to go, and then do your follow ups, like if you had applied for things over the summer and hadn't heard back, like send those follow up emails. It may just be that there was some kind of pause for all the holidays and the vacations and stuff. But take an opportunity to reach back out, even reach back out to the recruiters. It's surprising to me, like how many people forget about the recruiters who reach out to them for opportunities, and they're like, can you do a phone screen? Okay, cool, you do a phone screen. You don't make it through the first round, and then you go about your life. But those recruiters, they keep recruiting, and even they may be working for several different firms. So even just reaching back out to the recruiters who contacted you in the past, let them know that you're open. If they're a good recruiter, they're always looking for great talent, so this could be a good time to just like pop back up on their radar, say hey, hi, tell them what you're looking for and see what shakes out.
Speaker 1: That's a really good advice. I didn't realize it was September search, Like, I guess that makes sense. You know, summertimes a little slow. That really makes sense. So, yes, why are you trying to get it. Here's the thing, right, because the point of money, I hope you get. That's why we call ourselves Brown Ambition is that it's not just money. Money is a tool for your holistic better life right, your health, your happiness, connection and relationships, career, businesses. And so we're here hopefully to be a guide slash campaign on your journey. Yeah, we love this episode. We hope that you did go ahead on and shared this episode. And also and as well, could you leave us a review? Go ahead down to the oh yes, right wherever it is that you normally listen, but especially if you are Apple girly a Apple Podcasts, go ahead and leave the review because wait, what happened?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: I just saw the review.
Speaker 2: The new We have a new review.
Speaker 3: Since the last time we checked, and I you gonna read it.
Speaker 2: It's good? Is the headline is love from your white sister?
Speaker 1: Yes, white sister.
Speaker 3: Is this my sister Mallorie or like a different white sister?
Speaker 2: I don't know? All right.
Speaker 3: This is from ten k Emergency done on Apple Podcasts. She says, I've been listening to Brand Ambition for the last four years. It's the absolute best. I feel like I have a perfect foundation about my personal finances from listening to this show, and I am always thoroughly entertained by your stories.
Speaker 2: Y'all are the best. Thank you for this show.
Speaker 3: Not so sweet?
Speaker 1: Yes I love that.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, why thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay? But yeah, so we we we love all the girlies and the guilies. So leave us a review. Share this because whenever you leave a review unless us be seen, heard and shared. And so we love y'all, and so we will see you on Friday and then again on Monday. Bye.