Speaker 1: The Niki Gleiser Podcast. Glaser, Hello here, I am welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: It's Nikki Geiser Podcast, New week of shows.
Speaker 1: It's a special bonus episode.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if you guys know that it's a bonus episode, but it's next episode. You get that we're supposed to do, but we're doing it. Brian Frani's here.
Speaker 1: What's up, Brian?
Speaker 3: Oh, nothing much. I'm just I do want to share this thing top line, top it off off line. So I said in the last episode or something that my micro nutrient test came back and was a low and selenium uh huh, and we were all like, who gives a shit? I get a message on Instagram from a bestie named Britt who said I have a condition that gives me low selenium and the solution is I eat three brazil nuts a day.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Tom Brady's diet.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all it takes.
Speaker 1: All it takes great.
Speaker 3: I know. Isn't that crazy though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, did you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Britt? But three brazil nuts. I've been eating three brazil thats a day and I'm going to test my slim again and we'll see if.
Speaker 1: It what are the side effects of low selenium like cares.
Speaker 3: I think selenium h regulates her hemoglobin.
Speaker 1: Okay, God damn it.
Speaker 2: I almost made a call to day to get some blood work done, but I didn't get to that part of my to do list, So it's not going to happen at all.
Speaker 1: Maybe ever, yeah, probably not.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's good not to get to stuff like that because it just makes you go crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't think it would make me go crazy. I think this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I get blood work done, and then I get put on a bunch of supplements, and then I start taking them, and then they run out, and then I don't get them again.
Speaker 1: And then that's it. Wow, that's the month.
Speaker 2: I gave it a go, and then I've gotten I've spent thousands of dollars at this homeopathic place. And yes, she did get my period back at one point, and yes she did seem to balance them, but I don't.
Speaker 1: There's always like some new thing she's given me.
Speaker 2: At one point, it was a vegus nerve stimulator that I spent seven hundred dollars on that you're like rub on your neck and it pulls your whole face down because it sends of vibrations.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like you put it on your neck and then it goes burn and it pulls your whole face down because it hits this nerve that makes it all pulled down, so it looks to give a stroke. And that was supposed to like make you less depressed. But what was depressing me was I had to rub this gel all over my neck to make it work, you know, to conduct it, yes, and I would forget to wipe the gel off, and so I would have this like just just flaky blue stuff coming off my neck and people would notice it all the time and say, you have something on your neck, And it was just turning into a thing.
Speaker 1: So I just stopped doing it.
Speaker 2: And then I can't even sell the thing or give it to goodwill because it's just gonna end up in the trash because you have to get a card to like re up it. You have to like pay for a subscription to it. What I just I blow so much money on just quick fix things that just don't seem to ever work. And I just like when I stick to something, like I like my face serum. I just like the stuff I use. I just want to use. I get new products sent to me all the time. I'm supposed to be using this retinall, just be using a vitamin C. I just want to have a way to do it, and then I want to do it the rest of my life that way, and I just don't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: That's why I gotta get off Instagram. I literally my brain is being poisoned. It's affecting my mental health. It is at an impasse. I think that's what they say where it's like it's do or die. I gotta get off it.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: It's it's trying to kill me. Doesn't Instagram want me alive? So I keep buying shit?
Speaker 1: Don't they need me to live?
Speaker 2: Because it's really breaking my soul because I'm tired of seeing women's torsos getting longer and longer, and just women are getting They just know what I want to look like, I think, and they just keep stretching women out and showing me the most stretchy women. I saw a picture I wasn't a video of a girl to Tanya yesterday looked like slender Man.
Speaker 1: She was so long.
Speaker 2: She must have had marfans or something. But in like all the right places you know, and it was just like and then I read and then the comments deppressed me because there's always even the ones that are body positive that the Instagram posted her body positive, you go in the comments and there's mean people in them saying exactly the opposite, and so it just takes away anything it just gave you.
Speaker 1: And I just don't know how people continue the comments.
Speaker 3: They are like I like a woman with short stubby arms when it's a long.
Speaker 1: Yeah and a long Torso, isn't that a song?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: But there was like one yesterday there was like a girl that was like beauty can come in both sizes, and it's like a fat girl with her thin friend and they're both wearing kind of the same outfit and they're doing the same dance and it's like both can be beautiful. And then all the comments were like I'll take the left please, and it was obviously the thin girl, and it was just like all just reiterating exactly what I already think people want, and like it was just a bummer.
Speaker 1: And it's like that because I thought the comments.
Speaker 2: Might say, wow, the girl on the right is super sexy, and like maybe it would like re validate the things that I want to be true, and it just was just and then it's just people being mean to those people and being like and then the people that are mean to the guys that are commenting. I don't even like like, I don't like any of it.
Speaker 1: It just makes it's all negative.
Speaker 3: I mean, regardless of how beautiful the girl on the right is right, she must have right, but she must know. She must have known that this was going to be the result. Like, it's the Internet. How could you expect the Internet to do anything else?
Speaker 2: Because I think there's a lot of positivity out there when it comes to this body image stuff, Like there are good comments and some maybe there's some people out there that really can focus on the good and not see the bad. And then you know, I got There was another video that I sent to Anya of a girl that was bald and had a cleft palate and she was doing this like video about where she's like naked on a stool. People have probably seen girls have probably seen these where a girl gets like naked and she's on a stool and she's just talking about how beautiful her body is.
Speaker 1: And it's either like a beautiful girl or a girl.
Speaker 2: That's like not conventionally beautiful and talking about the struggles of it. And this person said, like, have you ever thought about what it would be like if you didn't look like this or something like this? And the girl was like, I think I'd be really I sometimes imagine if I didn't have a cleft lip and if I had hair, and I think i'd be really boring. And I thought that was really cute, and she also, oh my god, it's going to make me cry thinking about it. She was also saying, I don't I I'm glad that this is me that has this, because I don't think anyone else could handle having this and deal with what I deal with. And I thought that was really sad and sweet.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's nice that she's falling on the sword.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Is it possible to get the cleft palette repaired at her age or is it only something you can do as a kid?
Speaker 1: Was repaired as much as it could be?
Speaker 3: Is what it has already been slightly repaired?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know it's just it wasn't It didn't look the way other but like, of I don't want to say normal because that's not the word you're supposed to use. I don't know, it's it's getting tricky me talking about the stuff.
Speaker 3: I know you're walking in minefield right now.
Speaker 1: I know, but I just wonder about it.
Speaker 3: I want to push back on this personality comment. Honestly, I think that you shouldn't be defined by your lack of hair and your cleft palate. You should have, you know, your personality, make you not bord.
Speaker 1: Think that's what did well. I think that's why she has a personality.
Speaker 3: Because she's bald and has a cleft palate. Yeah, developed one. Yes, a boring dumb blonde be walking around talking about gels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. She wouldn't have to work, okay about at work on a lot of things. She would just be talking about with green and smoothie she's eating that day, and how to do the right split squat or whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm just so terray squirrels. I love a split squad.
Speaker 1: I can't stand. And then there's just oh man, it is anyone else's feet.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to bessies out there, just constantly, girls teaching you how to put your hair in a ponytail, that'll make it fuller. I mean, they are just targeting me so much. And it's all girls are no one's my age. Either it's an older woman that's like elder, not elderly, but like let's talk about like in sixties seventies, who's telling me that old is beautiful? Or it's a girl in her twenties that's talking about skincare or and then I always just see hot girls, you know, with their boobs bouncing around doing things, and then like my male friends liking their videos, and I just go, that's all I just see. I don't want to say who, but it's always one guy that I'm like, uugh, all right, I guess what's up.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're a guy and you like a video of the boobs, you you think that that girl is going to see that you're liking the video, and something's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if you have a blue check mark, which this person does.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and that can really help.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I mean, I will say this person does get girls like that.
Speaker 3: So all right, so good art tell you this. I don't get a lot of videos targeting me of like how to make your ponytail fuller, But every time I do see a girl talking to camera, she is always doing her ponytail.
Speaker 1: She's like messing with it in some way.
Speaker 3: No one's ever doing there. They're always like, so I went to the coffee shop the other and she's always making a ponytail. Or I guess sometimes they're doing like the skincare routine while talking, which has kind of become a trope.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, gives them something to do.
Speaker 3: You've talked about how girls constantly are adjusting their like bikini straps, like they don't have anything. Now I'm seeing it with just like ponytail. Yeah, ponytail. Mostly they're looking at it's like they're looking in the mirror and they're talking to like, oh, I just had a quick minute where I could tell you this thing when it's like, we know that you did seventeen takes of this video and you have to undo your ponytail and put it together seventeen times.
Speaker 2: Just not. I'm just tired of these, like you know, dumps that girls will do where it's like them looking hot and then it's like a half eaten bag at and then it's like a picture of a bed, and then it's like a picture of their toe on on a cool looking brick like road or something like just show us the tits and show us your outfit and show us like what we want, Like stop giving us scenery and like this kind of abstract photography that you're trying to seem like you're like artistic and like they just seem to be sitting.
Speaker 1: Around in silence all the time, looking to.
Speaker 2: The side and with like and and trying on different sunglasses. I don't know what these girls talk about or do. I'm like really confounded it what their lives are like and.
Speaker 3: If it's a mystery they spend they spend quite a lot of time eating ornate meals and farmhouses. I think, yes, that's where there's a launch of something happening. There's always a launch.
Speaker 2: I'm launching so too many tequila launches every day. Yeah, it's there's more tequilas being launched than satellites.
Speaker 1: Well that's true in Miami in the Florida area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a lot going on with NASA, but they're not as much as different tequila brands.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's crazy. I can't wait for gen Z to emerge with the counterculture. Like everything this happens, there's always phases go the other way, and there's going to be a time when everything that's happening now is considered pass, a cliche, uncool. I cannot wait. I hate this era of the inn. I would rather go back to two thousand and six era of the Internet where we were doing like YouTube, web series or whatever. This this era, to me, is like one of the worst eras where it's just like everything you know what it is? You know what? This era is the error of pure capitalism, where every post is an ad or a promotion or a a spawn con.
Speaker 2: Well what's spawn con sponsor concert? It's And I find myself having to do it. I mean, my social media girl just wrote me today being like, hey, you're off the road this weekend if you want to like do a carousel post, which is like the when you have ten pictures that's called a carousel post. I'm learning these things of like what your life was like this weekend, and I was like, I have to promote what my life was like in Saint Louis this weekend, just to keep it going, just to keep engaged. Because I'm a brand that needs to give content. I need I need to keep doing it. Yeah, and I just I don't I need to start taking but this is the good thing about just being able to photograph anything. When you do a carousel, you really can just like have a picture of an Amazon box and people are like ooh art, Like you don't have to like you can put the edge of your couch, yeah, with like some trash in the background, or some of a grouping of cords or like.
Speaker 3: I love a grouping of chords.
Speaker 2: Interesting, like oh yeah, what is it called a murder of chords? It really can just be anything. So that's I'm trying to like remind myself to take more pictures of bullshit so that it can put it in these.
Speaker 3: Photo highlights from October and then it's just chords.
Speaker 2: Can you have to come up with like a cool caption that it's there's there's too much to do and that's okay prediction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's where it's going. Okay, this phase phase. The next phase is going to be AI where all the posts are AI generated by AI for AI. And then the next phase after that is going to be the best phase, which is the response to the bullshit that's flooded the Internet, and it's going to be authenticity where people talk to each other in person, they get off their phones entirely, because it's going to get to the point with AI that you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't trust anything.
Speaker 3: It's already happened with Google. It's like I can't even use Google anymore. Between the ads and the AI responses, I can't use it. I'm gonna have to call people on the phone and ask them how to change the oil in my car or whatever. Right, I had to call my dad and be like, Dad, do you know how to change a muffler? Because YouTube has giving me a bunch of spawn con AI horseshit.
Speaker 2: This weekend, I my dog was kind of having a choking incident, not really, she was just like trying to hack something up, and I was like, man, I just realized I don't know how to give the heimlick to a small dog. Like I think I've watched videos in the past, maybe years ago, but let me like look that up. And I'm looking it up and there's a woman that's like un tills eleven minute video, and there's another one that's.
Speaker 1: A four minute video. If my dog's choke. No one's looking up how to.
Speaker 2: Do the heimlick on a dog when their dog is not choking, where they just are trying to learn it.
Speaker 1: They need the information right away.
Speaker 2: So let's just make a video fifteen seconds long that just starts with the person doing it, pick your dog up.
Speaker 3: Break this Woman's like, well, gonna.
Speaker 2: Put your dog on the side, assuming that your dog is not unconscious yet. If your dog is unconscious, you should call. It's just like bitch talk faster.
Speaker 1: You don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Toggle and have to do the two times the speed when my dog is fucking dying. And then I accidentally click on the ad and then it comes to another video and then it's like I.
Speaker 3: Cant of the imagine jackets.
Speaker 1: Luckily she is not. She was not.
Speaker 2: She coughed it up and it was great. But I do now know how to give the heimlick to a small dog.
Speaker 1: I think I would probably break the dog.
Speaker 2: The dog would probably die of something else in the autopsy room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what do you got to do?
Speaker 2: I should be her name, You find the part of their you know, it's kind of like the human heimlick, and but then you eventually just like grab their lower legs and start like lifting them up and like shaking.
Speaker 1: Everyone should watch it. Don't take my advice.
Speaker 2: I think I know what to do, but I think I wasn't really paying the close of attention like I do have every video I watched. I was probably watching thirteen things at the same time. Are you watching the Olympics?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, of course I am.
Speaker 1: Who is? Of course I am. I just I don't get this.
Speaker 3: Well, I like America's Got Talent, Nicky, you don't think I want to watch the Olympics.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm watching America's Got Talent too, and it's a it's the season is pretty rough. I have to say. Yeah, I said this already on the show. They're leaning too much into the stories and not enough into the talent portion. And we're getting a lot of kids as a result, a lot of little kids, which I don't think they're thinking this through. We're gonna get to the next round of America's Got Talent, and it's gonna be like eight year old versus eight year old. It's gonna be eight year old with cancer versus a one armed eight year old, and they're gonna have to say no to one of those kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, oh that's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what, we cry a lot when the kids get said no to too, and that's okay, and no one gets mad at the show.
Speaker 3: It's just the way it is, just the way it is. Oh, but the Olympics are Yeah, they started and so did you know this? This might be a Taylor Swift fact that you weren't aware of.
Speaker 1: Try me?
Speaker 3: So uh they did. This was a couple of weeks ago they did the qualifiers for the women's gymnastics team to get the five players who are going to be on the team, and Simone Biles, who was probably most well known for her floor routines, did ready for it? Okay, you already knew, huh the youth Taylor Swift song.
Speaker 2: I watched it yesterday with Chris. Yeah, it was like the first part of it, but then there's no singing in floor routines, and so I was like, next, No, it was.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. She's amazing tailor.
Speaker 3: I don't tweet it out, tweeted to Yeah, yeah, I liked.
Speaker 1: It the best best recognized as best.
Speaker 2: I watched Simone Biles documentary, so I'm slightly invested in her story.
Speaker 3: So what is it about? Is about the twisties.
Speaker 2: It's about like what happened in Tokyo. It's about what's happened. Since it's about that, is.
Speaker 3: It about like the doctor the doctor, Yeah, which is probably why she got the.
Speaker 2: It's about her friendships, it's about her family. It's about just how hard gymnastics is on the body, on the mind, on the spirit. It's really well done. It's a Netflix thing. And because I want to be invested in Olympics and I'm not. I just I even said to Chris, we're watching Simone Bile's documentary and oh, she want her six nationals in a row, And I go, what's the what's the world nationals? Use like it's you know, it's the world competition where everyone competes to see who's the best in the world. And I go, what are we doing the Olympics for? Then, truly I need an answer. If we have a competition every year, but then that then then they don't watch it, then then work on marketing that better. I just don't get why the Olympics exists if there is already a world competition in every single sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: I really don't get it. I'm not trying to for me.
Speaker 2: I think it's just so that the USA can say we're the best because we seem to. I saw a metal count and we seem to just win everything. So I would not even be really that interested if I was other countries.
Speaker 1: I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't get what it is if there's already a best in every sport.
Speaker 3: What you're saying is true, and I don't think there's any way to argue against it. However, there's two reasons. I think. One is so that the International Olympic Committee makes all that money.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I think it's a cash crab.
Speaker 3: But also, you know, the Olympics has this prestige to it that you know, the other things don't have. We're getting a gold medal in the Olympics. It's just more. It's just more exposure. It's like, but.
Speaker 1: Isn't it the same as the other thing.
Speaker 3: It's not why people don't watch the other things, and that's for better or.
Speaker 1: You just so then let's get rid of the other thing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true, I'll get rid of the other thing. That's true.
Speaker 1: Why do we need both? We don't. Why is there not is there baseball at the Olympics.
Speaker 3: That's controversial? Not this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, is there's no f one racing at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't think. I just don't believe that.
Speaker 2: And I just don't understand why people are already suddenly like fans of women's badminton pairs doubles or whatever. Like it's just it seems insincere that all of a sudden, we're so into this thing that no one gave a fuck about for four years.
Speaker 1: It seems insincere. I can argue, it seems fake.
Speaker 2: And I just don't like I just suddenly every four years we get super patriotic and we act like we care about all these sports we didn't care about a month ago. I just I'm calling bullshit on it.
Speaker 3: I can't describe it, but it's just how I feel. I do like I'm really right now. I'm super into the women's US rugby team because they're dominating and they they're I mean, I didn't even know that women's US rugby was a thing until maybe.
Speaker 2: You'll try to sell it on me when we get back from break, because I want to. I want to enjoy this thing that everyone seems to enjoy except me.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling left out. And we'll get to the bottom of it. Okay, we're back the Olympics Women's rugby. Why that? Why did you choose that? Did you just pick whatever was on or did you actually seek that out?
Speaker 3: Well, I started to see highlights of the team and they're just like dominant. They're they're just dominating, and.
Speaker 1: They're like do you understand?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: And also Jason Kelcey. I saw a clip of Jason Kelsey. He's now a huge women's US rugby team fans, super fan. And it's because it's a lot like football, and these these women are are like just running people over from other countries. It's crazy and it's a lot. It's there's similarities to football, and I love football, and I just love seeing I don't know, like when I see some own biles dominate, I go, I'm so glad she's from America because I'm so proud that that the American athlete is. I mean, I know that she really has nothing to do, but I like America.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna get I know I'm the only one who feels this way, but I just I think, how do I say this? I think, pride in your country and your city is dumb and like when it comes to sports, because a lot of sports are just like who pushed these people the hardest? Or or and it's just luck. It's like someone was just born here when its amazing. But if she was from China, would we be into her as much? Her?
Speaker 3: Like crazy, I'd say, boo, you suck, Simon, And I think terribly.
Speaker 1: I like her no matter where she's from. How about I.
Speaker 3: Don't like her if she's from any other country except the USA. If she got the twisties and she was from China, I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Good, No, I think there is I just I think national pride is kind of lame.
Speaker 3: Well, that's how we get wars, you know. Well, we wouldn't get wars without.
Speaker 2: That unless you felt like you were better than other places. That's true, So I guess it is really helpful.
Speaker 3: We need the wars. I just I think it's all so nice. It's just it's just I think he's it's partially like America's got pnic.
Speaker 2: I'm being a jerk, and I don't want to be this way. I want to I want to just be able to enjoy it and be invested in Yesterday, Anya sent us on the girl's chat of a video of a she goes this made me cry. I'm like in full volunteers right now, and I was just waiting and waiting for when, like I don't know, I don't know what would have made me cry about this. This woman just pull vaulted and I guess she broke a thirty seven year record.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is exactly America's got talent. This is why I cry for that. So Erica's got The Olympics is the pinnacle of human achievement. And when it's and so that that is just you're in awe of what the human body body is capable of. Yes, you're in all of the work they put in to achieve these things, no matter what country they're from. If you see someone break a world record or if you see someone overcome some adversity to achieve something great, that is inspiring. And that's one reason why, which is why.
Speaker 1: But no one's not, no one's doing anything with this. They were watching it.
Speaker 2: That's inspiring, and then they're not going out and doing it. You're like, it's entertainment, though you're not gonna go run faster because you watch someone run like maybe maybe no, I will run.
Speaker 3: Faster, that's for sure, but I'll feel something more five for seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's and that's good and I and I'm I'm let me just try to be like enthusiastic about this. Okay, I'm not being I'm not so stupid and obtuse that I can't understand why it's emotional for someone to break a thirty seven year old record. But I don't understand why my friend Anya was crying about it, Like I don't understand why I'm I don't do track and field. I don't understand what that record means. I don't. To me, it just looked like every other pole vault I've ever seen. I was crying because I'll never have the body that this girl had. I thought that maybe made me tear.
Speaker 3: I mean it means something.
Speaker 1: That I can't get emotional about this.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know what it means.
Speaker 1: But I feel really left out.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to be like everyone should know what I am, because this is not fun to be. But I just don't get it. I just don't get it. I am searching for it. I understand. I'm getting into football now. I'm watching the Quarterback Show. I'm understanding, you know, if they just talked me through how hard these people work and what it means and how insane it is to do that pole vault, and like you know, even on the Simone Biles documentary they're talking about all these First of all, they said they renamed a move that she created, but they called it now.
Speaker 1: They go, if she does the.
Speaker 2: Ings and Bosen double twist with the triple deuce, they're renaming it Biles too, And I go, didn't you just have a name for it.
Speaker 1: Didn't you just say what it was?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who is ings and Bosen? And are you just throwing her under the bus.
Speaker 3: Like they were, And she's from but Germany or something and we don't need that.
Speaker 2: I was very confused at how they're rename. I understand making up new moves, but this move seem to already have a name.
Speaker 1: But also I want to I want to see it slowed.
Speaker 2: Down and I want to see how incredible because obviously it all looks incredible. Yeah, it's so fast you can't understand it. You know. There's that tweet that gets recirculated every time where it's like one girl says said she wants one normal person to be competing in the Olympics, so we can just see how fast.
Speaker 1: These people actually really good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're also amazing. But I really just don't understand. I want to see I want to see what the twist is and how they like, how they go. I want to see how someone learns how to do that over.
Speaker 3: We have to watch the full coverage and not just highlights, because then you will get the whole backstory. You will get analysis, and you'll get slow motion replays and everything, all right, most the one of the tropes with the Olympics is that they show you some sappy backstory and then you see them compete, and they try to leve ridge your emotional connection to the athlete in order to make you cry. And that's exactly what Because these people.
Speaker 2: Won't have anything to do in four years, like for another four years. I'm crying because they won't have a career in ten years.
Speaker 1: I'm crying because.
Speaker 2: Of yeah, like all like the fact that I don't think they're being paid to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean sure, you have to kind of crying.
Speaker 2: Because of the man I see they have to sleep on in the Olympic village. I just I'm just like I kind of just call bullshit on everyone getting excited about this thing that we don't talk about at all in between and it's the only time anyone gives a fuck about sports besides football, And it just is kind of like, where were you guys the other the other times?
Speaker 1: Oh, now you care?
Speaker 2: If I was like these these athletes, I'd be like, do you really care? I would just kind of feel like it was just all put on in order to care about it instead of appreciating it. But I guess I should just appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I think that kid just you gotta let you gotta let go of the cynicism, and you gotta just allow yourself to enjoy this every four years. It's historic. I mean it's been around since BC and then it was brought back in eighteen ninety seven or something. It is a It is also a representation of all countries besides Russia is not allowed in the Olympics this year, putting aside their differences because of the war. Yeah, well so they've been banned from the Olympics many times, and like in the last Olympics, what's your dog doing?
Speaker 4: Sorry, my talk it's on the table, taking like just this table has just been depleted of things that are on it, the little knickknacks, and she just found the hedgehog that we bought at one point.
Speaker 1: That was some hedgehog and she found it.
Speaker 2: And now she is on the table showing the other dogs what she's found and just taunting them with it and just just getting into mischief. Has no idea that there is a podcast, no respect for the podcast. She's treating this podcast like we treat sports. Four years bad esars. I'll try to get into. There's too many things to be into. I just don't know how people have all this time to watch all this stuff.
Speaker 3: Well you know that that is time is an issue, you know, it's it's only two weeks every four years that you got to and you don't have to watch all of it. But no, with the Russia thing, Russia has been banned from the Olympics many times. The last time they were a banned, uh was because of the doping scandals, like they can't seem to follow the rules with given their athletes drugs okay and they weren't able to regulate it. And the IOC said, well this time, h this was the last Olympics you're not going to be allowed to wear your country's colors, and you're not going to be able to play your Russian national anthem if your players win, and you're gonna have to call yourself like I forgot what it was called, like the r O C or something like some alternate name, but everybody knew that it was still Russia.
Speaker 1: That's so weird that.
Speaker 2: They were like, they just take away all the things that would celebrate you, but you can still.
Speaker 3: Compete, that you can still compete, so but but it was still Russia. And so when you had the medal count, the medal count is generally a race between the three like major superpowers in the world.
Speaker 1: Russian athletes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's Russia, China and the US are always the top three, and usually it's it's like who's gonna win Russia or US or China or the US. Never really Russia or China unless it's in Russia or in China. Then it's usually home field advantage. But this year at the Olympics, because of the Ukraine War, Russia is not even allowed to compete as a team. If you are a Russian athlete, and certain events, and only certain events, you're allowed to compete as an individual just for yourself, and it doesn't count towards Russia's medal count. So if you look at the medal count, Russia is not going to be on it this year.
Speaker 2: So gymnast, if you're Russian gymnasts, you can still compete, but you didn't get a medal, but.
Speaker 1: Russia won't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know which sports it applies to, but in certain sports you can, and in certain sports you're just not even allowed to.
Speaker 1: Play, okay, And then will you tell me this why?
Speaker 2: My driver in Vegas last weekend told me like, oh, did you see the women's basketball game last night? The Olympic team played the All Star team and the All Star team won?
Speaker 1: And I go, why don't we switch teams then?
Speaker 3: And send that one?
Speaker 1: I'm serious? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean?
Speaker 1: And why is Kaitlyn Clark not on the Olympic team?
Speaker 3: That's controversy because when they made the team, Kaitlyn Clark wasn't performing as well as she is now she re. I think probably her not making the Olympic team inspired her to become great in the WABA. It was that adversity because the coach of the Olympic team came out and said, if we were to make the team today, Kaitlin Clark would be on it. But when we did make the team, she wasn't the best. She was mid mid Kitlyn Clark.
Speaker 2: All right, I still don't get I still don't get it. I don't get an I don't get any of it. Like I don't get why certain you know what, okay basketball team? How how do they decide who makes it, who makes the basket, who decides who picks?
Speaker 3: It's like the coaches and it's kind of just like a does a committee who just selects the players.
Speaker 2: And then why would they ever have the women's Olympic team play another team? Just like why would they ever show us that they're sending a lesser group of a lesser but like whatever.
Speaker 1: That night they were lesser. And then someone told me, oh, no, they let them win because.
Speaker 3: They did it because I wanted to.
Speaker 2: They weren't playing that hard because they were saving it up for the Olympics or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: It does because the team that's not going to the Olympics has nothing else to play for except to beat the Olympic team to prove that they should have gone to the Olympics, whereas the other team they.
Speaker 1: Have that game to sell tickets. I guess is it just money.
Speaker 3: It's all about capitalism, Nikki. All of these things wouldn't exist right now anyway if it wasn't for capitalism. There is a group of There is a of international men called the IOC, who is solely responsible for torturing these teenagers so that they can make billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Would you let your kid do gymnastics?
Speaker 3: M yeah, I don't let my kid. I would force my kid to do.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only one I could do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would put her into the gulag at age four and say, if you don't come out with a gold medal, I'm gonna pretend you don't have a fought.
Speaker 1: It would be really hard to be because every athlete wants to be the best to ever do it.
Speaker 3: I would think, right, you gotta be tortured a little bit.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it suck to just be on the two like in gymnastics right now with Simone Biles because she is just so above and beyond everyone else.
Speaker 1: It just would be like, what am I even doing it does suck. I want to feel that way often in my life, in every aspect.
Speaker 3: Well, I really relate to Jordan Childs, who is the third best member of the Olympic team, and she only qualified for one individual event, and the one individual event you qualified for is the one that Simone Biles is best at. So she knows she has no chance of getting a gold medal unless Simone Biles like explodes, she has no chance. And in fact, Sonny Lee got a gold medal last year or four years ago for her individual event only because Simone Biles got the twisties. Yeah. Can you imagine being the third best at something? The third best at something, it's like differs a good Will hunting? Yeah, So you know, like the scars Guard professor yeah, who tries to groom Will Hunting and then not sexually, not sexually sorry groom.
Speaker 1: He tries to make him as yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and scars Guard is like, there's only a handful of people in the entire world who can even tell the difference between you and me, and yet Will Hunting is like when he solves a proof for scars Guard and then sets it on fire, scars Guard like runs to the ground and starts and he's panicked, and because he needs to see that proof, because he knows that he can never imagine and the things that will hunting can imagine. Except he already won the most prestigious medal in his field, and he's like probably the second smartest person, but this other guy is so much better than him. How can you imagine how maddening that must be to be Jordan Chiles right now and be like, you're the third best.
Speaker 2: You care now, it's worse to be just someone who has no talent at all.
Speaker 3: Imagine you were beaten and molested and you suck. Is that?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: It would?
Speaker 2: There is a part of me that keeps watching the documentary and they just keep saying, Simone Biles is the greatest to ever do it. There were once in a lifetime athlete. No one will ever touch her for the rest of our lifetimes. Like it's just it's insane what she's capable of, and it just is like why even try then? Because sworts is about being the best.
Speaker 1: I guess we need a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of other people doing it to even know what the best is. But it seems pretty and that would that would She's so humble though. I really like how she handles it all. She doesn't seem to be like someone who carries herself as the best. She seems so normal. I really watching the documentary and and yeah, and they don't really. I just I want to understand what twisties is. They just it's a mental block that has nothing to do with gymnastics usually, but yeah, it's like the yips, and it's like they your body doesn't do what your mind wants it to do.
Speaker 1: And I go, yeah, we all got.
Speaker 2: Like like a normal person, like my buddy doesn't do what it wanted to do when I'm doing a simple of pilates glass.
Speaker 1: So I think that I understand it in that respect.
Speaker 3: But well, it would be like if you started to get stage fright, which is what happened to Steve Martin if you remember in his book, Oh yeah, he got stage fright and it was like I can't even go on stage anymore to do stand up. But it would be like if you got stage fright and the end result of stage fright was that you'd fall off the stage and break your neck. Okay, that means you're like, well, I probably shouldn't try because I might break my neck if I do this.
Speaker 1: Well, I know.
Speaker 2: Nate Bargatzi said he got late stage.
Speaker 1: Claustrophobia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I'm kind of wanting to get something. I want something that will make it so things have to change in my life and I got to change things up.
Speaker 3: You want to sabotage yourself a little bit.
Speaker 1: I want some kind of like, am I.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is the self sabotage You're tall poppy right now?
Speaker 1: Well no, because then I have an excuse.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing someonone Biles was talking about was like when an athlete breaks their leg, everyone's like, okay, yeah, you can't compete, But once you break your mind, it's invisible and no one can tell. And I feel like sometimes I want something that I can like point to is like why I can't do the things I can do and then everyone goes, oh, poor.
Speaker 1: Girl, instead of like you just suck. If I just got to stage.
Speaker 2: Fright suddenly, then it would it be something, even though that's not really tangible.
Speaker 1: No, I do not wish for that.
Speaker 2: But the other day I was in an elevator and I was like, ooh, this is kind of boxed in, and I was like kind of letting in claustrophobia, and I was like, let me try to get it right now, and I couldn't get it.
Speaker 3: It's something interesting on it in order to get it.
Speaker 1: Instead.
Speaker 2: My quirk is that I'm not interested in the Olympics and it's not really working for it.
Speaker 1: It's not that interesting.
Speaker 3: No, it's definitely not gonna, you know, gain you sympathy if you mess up. Yeah, and if you have a terrible set, it's like, oh, don't feel don't worry about that. She hates the Olympics. Don't blame her. She doesn't like sports.
Speaker 1: She's joyless.
Speaker 2: But it is there is something deficient in me that I can't enjoy the simple Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't know that's sad. That's sad. I mean, I feel bad for you. I wish you could.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like freaking out about Beyonce being USA and she's in a swimsuit with the USA, and then the teammates are going Beyonce and I'm just like, I'm waiting for to feel something and I don't feel med.
Speaker 3: What the fuckhy.
Speaker 2: No, it's not because I'm and I'm not even smoking weed. There's nothing that's like suppressing. How like, if anything, my feelings should be raging out of me. I just I saw like three million likes on this Beyonce and I'm like, yes, let me feel it. And then it just like, honestly numb. I didn't feel I didn't feel it. And so I don't know what's what's going on.
Speaker 3: What was the last thing you watched or saw that did make you feel something?
Speaker 1: I cried.
Speaker 2: Yesterday or maybe yeah, last night. Oh god, it was so sweet. It was like you know that Dodo account that has like stories about animals, and it was.
Speaker 1: It was, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was like a woman that was talking about how she was like, my husband didn't want me to get one, but I got another duck because obviously this one just rescues ducks and chickens. And she was like, and so we someone found an abandoned duck, so we took it in. It was this baby duck and it was it was getting along with the baby chicken we had, and these they became best friends and they're just like and they're running around the house together and they're so cute.
Speaker 1: This little chick she had and this little duck.
Speaker 2: And then the duck grew up and he started learning to fly, but he would always come back and hang out with the chicken because they were so bonded. But then one day the duck flew off and it never came back. God only knows what happened to it, and and the chicken was so sad that it was sitting next to They had a dog too, and the dog has a soccer ball that was like deflated and kind of looked like the duck when it was deflated, and it just was sitting next to this deflated soccer ball, and I started crying because it just wanted to be friends with this thing that's like not giving it anything back, you know, Like it's just so sad when animal I'm gonna cry out thinking about it, Like animals like want to be friends with something and it's like dead next to it. It was just so sad and so then then it but then it was a happy ending because then the dog kiss stepped in and was friends with the chicken and it was friends. So I mean, I'm if there was like an animal animal Friends Olympics, yeah, I would be so touched by it. This weekend, I was actually like so overwhelmed with emotion and distracted because I'm taking care of my parents' dogs. And I realized the number one thing in my life that like makes me more upset than anything is when a dog has an itch like that it can't get I just can't fucking handle it. Yeah, Like, if I ever see my dog scratching at anything, I instantly start getting the scratch for them so they can just relax. Like there's nothing worse than a dog like you know when you like have to do it to doing a backbend just so you can scratch your ankle. Can you imagine like the pain in your spine because this thing is like gnawing at you. So Mary and my parents' dog has allergies and she like black by her tail is just plugged. You can just see her get like jolts of like ah it itches and she starts going after it. And so I was getting it this weekend and your finger, I'm just my fingers have so much Marry an asshole DNA in them right now, my finger underneath my fingernails because I was just scratching her tail all weekend and it was the only way she was happy. And then she would just be like she would fall asleep. Because she was so exhausted from itching that she can't sleep, and so whenever she would get some relief, she would pass out right away. And so I'm itching, and then this second I would just be like, okay, let's be I've been doing this for a half hour. I'm just gonna let it go. She would just freak out again, and then she'd start getting under my hand and being like please. And it was like, I couldn't sleep. I was getting up to like put this lotion on her. I was trying all of these things. I'm giving her allergy meds. Nothing was working. And I was like, I can't function if a dog, if an animal is uncomfortable or in pain, I cannot I can't function.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: And and so I was really struggling this weekend with that, and I just I didn't like, you have a dog that sometimes feels uncomfortable, Like, isn't it the worst? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the worst. I can't sleep. There's nothing you can do. You just gonna sit there.
Speaker 1: There's nothing you can do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Can't really know what's wrong to you, like they're feeling No, Yeah, it's horrible. So I just I'm getting her more. We ran out of allergy meds. That's why it was so bad last night. But I was up late last night just like she was in our bed and you would just feel it. You would just feel the bed shaking and Chris is sleeping through it like it's a fucking earthquake going on in our bed because she's just And so I would get up and I would go to the couch and I would just talk her down, and then she would finally calm down and seize up again. It was just it was exhausting, and I was texting my parents feverishly like this is not okay. You handed me like, you're not taking care of this dog. Why is this dog scratching all the time? What's going on? Do you just let her do this? Is she just? I was just like, and I'm lashing out to them, and they woke up to this barrage of pecks from me being like I texted them both together and then I individually was like, you are torturing this dog.
Speaker 1: This dog, I'm taking.
Speaker 2: Her back, and like the truth of the matter is she's fine, It's not that big of a deal. I just took it on as like because I just don't want to deal with my own stuff. Probably, I think we have to go to break. We'll be right back after this. I'm gonna go scratch my dog's assole. What have you been watching besides the Olympics, Brian? Anything good?
Speaker 3: When I started watching, I've been going to the movies.
Speaker 1: Oh really, did you see Deadpoole?
Speaker 3: I just thought it?
Speaker 1: Everyone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw Deadpool this weekend?
Speaker 1: How was it?
Speaker 3: I'm disappointed in the entire direction of the Marvel Cinematic universe and Deadpool was supposed to be MCU Jesus and I thought that that was going to mean something, and I don't think it does. I think it was some tongue in cheek self awareness and I don't think it's going to amount to much.
Speaker 2: But are you kidding me? Didn't it make a bill? Isn't it the number six grossing film of all time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think individually the film is fine, but I am upset for the entire Marvel Cinematic universe and the Disney level cash grab that has oversaturated the market and created this deluge of shitty movies one after the other. And I honestly I blame it all on one thing, and that is the multiverse, which I fucking hate. I hate the concept of the multiverse. I hate what it's done to the Marvel Universe. I hate every because the multiverse says that basic nothing matters, that if someone dies or if something happens here, that you can always replace that person or that character, or you can go back in time or go to a different universe and something completely different is happening, and that, to me is anethema to storytelling. The whole point of a story is to have an arc where things change. And if nothing matters and there's no stakes, and to me, there's no story, there's no point to having the movie in the first place.
Speaker 2: And so when did the multiverse come in? When did they come up with this?
Speaker 3: Uh like an MCU or just in general.
Speaker 1: I don't know, And when did it? When did it show up? And when did you go this is bullshit?
Speaker 3: Well, so the theory, it's a theory in physics that's been around for decades based on like some experiments where uh, like you there was like something could be a wave and a particle at the same time. I don't thinket into.
Speaker 2: That, but like also meaning like there could be a million infinite an infinite amount of different things happening at once.
Speaker 1: And yeah, like.
Speaker 3: The idea is that everything that can happen is concurrently happening all at once. Their time is a construct, and there's every every time you make a decision or anything changes, then that is a new universe is breaking off, and all these things are happening. So every little minute change, like it could just be like in one university of green eyes. In one university you have blue eyes. In one universe you have eyes that are one millimeters order.
Speaker 1: But then what other reverse.
Speaker 2: I scratch my dog's left ear and one universe I scratched his right ear, and then that's they tear off into different.
Speaker 3: And then it goes on and spirals out into in one universe you're an octopus, and or in one universe you're just shapes. Okay, So and I just think that that's just a theory. Everyone's treating that like that's a scientific fact, and it's not. It's a theory based on experiments that the interpretation of that theory does not mean that just because something can be a particle in a wave at the same time does not mean that everything is happening simultaneously and in one universe you're an octopus. God damn it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what does this have to do with Deadpool? And how what could the Deadpool have done differently? Like why did do you live?
Speaker 3: I thought this was just so in Deadpool. So mini spoiler alert here, it's not hasn't anything to do with the story, but mini spoiler alert if you're going to watch Deadpool versus Wolverine in the movie, Deadpool flat out says that the movies that MCU has been putting out since Endgame have not been very good. And the bullet Yes, I mean a lot of the Deadpool jokes are making fun of the franchise are meta. Yeah, just meta. It's a whole meta franchise. And he said that one of the reasons why they're so bad is because the multiverse is a bad idea and it's ruined everything. And I thought what that meant was they're going to fix this and they're gonna start making movies that that they're going to collapse the metaverse or the multiverse, and they're going to have one thing that matters and I don't. And I think that was just lip servers. But the most frustrating thing about watching Deadpool Versus Wolverine was not the movie itself, It was the audience.
Speaker 1: Just loud.
Speaker 3: Well, there's two types of audience members that I think really enjoy Deadpoole Versus Wolverine. Well, there's three. There's normal people like I hope me that are just watching it and enjoying it or whatever. And then there are super nerds who are there to enjoy like all of the references, and then there are industry nerds who are there to enjoy all the meta Hollywood jokes. And both of these groups of people are so annoying to sit next to you because they do this thing.
Speaker 2: Oh exactly, yep, I know exactly formatively enjoying. They have to They have to laugh louder at parts that they get that speak to their little niche knowledge so that they can make you feel like, wow, that guy behind me.
Speaker 1: Is really smart.
Speaker 2: Oh he must be an agent because he got that Hollywood joke.
Speaker 1: He must make a lot of money.
Speaker 3: So there were there was one person in particular who was doing this, and this person got up and they were going to the bathroom. So they walked on the aisle going past everything, and they walked particularly slowly so that everyone could like see yeah, yeah and this. While they were walking past, they were looking at the screen, nodding and smiling, and it's like, dude, just go to the fucking bathroom. He came back, and then he did it a second time. I'm like, dude, you go to the bathroom twice.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to know who this person is and like what their job is in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Well, I got at this is a big ending.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: So the second time this guy walks by, he turns to the screen and he this is insane. He's in the aisle, he already should feel like he's a distraction. He looks at the screen middle of the aisle and laughs out loud. So everyone's already distracted by this guy. And then he does the fucking I'm smarter than everybody laugh.
Speaker 1: It's so gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I look at this guy. I'm looking at his face and I'm like, I recognize this guy. Oh, I know who that guy is.
Speaker 1: He's an actor.
Speaker 3: He's a comedian. Oh god, And I can tell you who he is, but I don't think I don't want to. I'll tell you who he is off or in Yeah, yeah, Diamond players clubber, but I'm like, I know who this guy is. He is a well known comedian or not well known enough to be like a.
Speaker 2: B Listen, we all need things in life that make us feel a little special because we're not all someo moan Biles right, Like we need these things that make us feel different than the group, smarter than better than and it's okay and that's why they're there, and little nods that make us feel like, oh, I got that, and not everyone else gets it. Like sometimes I'll throw out things in my set that even I know, like I'll say kah, and I know that most people aren't besties in the crowd and don't know what kah is. But it's not enough to like alienate people. And I would hate if besties were like, oh, like really left loud at that to make other people feel bad that they didn't get it. I just do it so that there's a little nod for them, and of course you can laugh or whatever. It happens at Taylor Swift shows two where like I never I know, probably I'm probably you know, top one percent of Swifties in a crowd in terms of like what I know, maybe top two percent of like my knowledge and stuff, but I don't care if someone doesn't know, And in fact, I want when Taylor says, like a joke or there's some kind of reference to something, I instantly tell the people I'm around so that they are then filled in on it, which is not exactly what you should do in this movie or whatever, but it is so cold when people are desperate to like seem smarter than or I mean, I've done it sometimes if I'm at a comedy show where like there's like a joke that only comics get and I'll laugh extra loud, but I'm kind of doing it to let that comic feel like they gotta laugh.
Speaker 1: I'm not so much doing it for myself.
Speaker 2: But we can't all be perfect, and we all are definitely seeking some validation and feeling special and that gives it to us sometimes.
Speaker 1: But just tone it down a.
Speaker 3: Little bit, yeah, and like we know that you're smart. It's also one thing if you're genuinely responding in that way and you're just laughing and you can't help it, like that is okay, but yeah, sometimes you can just tell that this isn't genuine laughter. This is the laughter of a narcissist who wants you to know like this. One of the guys who was doing it was like he also cheered a couple of times, and he was literally the only one who cheered, and I was like, I think I'm okay with the cheering. Like he cheered when like Wolverine popped up or whatever. Yeah, And I was like, yeah, there's a couple of moments like that. They were a little like comic nerd inside baseball and cheered. I'm like, that's okay. I don't mind that because that doesn't feel as narcissistic. For some reason, I here thing it is.
Speaker 2: Like a thing to get people together, and sometimes it could be annoying, and I'm like a guy will cheer, or someone will do something obnoxious in a crowd, and I go, if he does it again, then I'm pissed. But the one time was kind of fun for us all to like laugh at that guy who just shouted out something.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Final thought.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Chris about this actually yesterday, about how people act or they act like they're just phony in some way to get people to like them. And we've all done it, we're all capable of it, and I was like, I think I'm rather vigilant that I don't. I really don't ever want to be someone who does that, but it happens to me too sometimes, Like if I'm at a Taylor Shop show, sometimes I will want someone to film me so that I have some footage of myself there at the show. And when the camera's on me, when I know someone's filming me, maybe I'll play it up a little bit more how I'm singing or dancing, but not really like I'm still kind of I still in my head, go Nikki, just try to do what you would do normally, like and I always try to keep it not so performative because it's really.
Speaker 3: Hard professional at that. And like I think anybody who's put on camera starts acting strange.
Speaker 1: Yes they do.
Speaker 3: It's extreme. That's like one the most difficult thing to do, to act natural when someone's filming you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true, but I just it is a tough thing to do and to not be like on when there's a camera on you and it's it's yeah, you're right. It is like a skill to let go of that. But it's sometimes I wish I could be a little bit more on when it cameras on me. Sometimes I'm a little bit too comfortable, a little too slouched over, a little too just like meandering like I am right now. But I yeah, I was just talking about that of just how like people can be phony. But I do want to start going to see movies in crowds more because it just feels like a social thing to do. And I get lost in my phone when I'm when I'm at home, and I want to go see Inside Out too. I this weekend, we watched what did we watch?
Speaker 1: We watched?
Speaker 2: I finished presumed innocent, and I can't have opinions about I'm It's like the Tina Fey thing that she said to Bow and Yang, like you're too famous to have opinions about art anymore. Did you see that clip where she was like, you can't do this. You're gonna run into these people, right, you don't get to you reach a certain level of fame, you don't have to get to have real opinions about things you consume. Yeah, because you're gonna you're gonna work with these people potentially, So I can't share my opinion of it.
Speaker 1: I actually really did enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I did predict the ending it was Chris and I do this really fun thing where we just constantly pause the thing and go, what do you think is gonna happen? And we always try to predict what's gonna happen, and it just gives it some steaks. It's very much enjoyable that the ending was insane. I wish I could share my thoughts about it. I have really nothing negative to say except that, like, I don't know why everyone was in love with this girl so much. If you watch presume innocent, like they're just not showing me how the twist, Like again with the Simone Biles, like, I want to understand how cool that you tell me this move is cool, and of course any she does a back handspring, I'm like, that's cool. Show me why this one is particularly cool.
Speaker 3: If you saw someone just do a back handspring and like walking around, you'd be like, oh my god, that was the most amazing.
Speaker 1: Thing and blow your mind.
Speaker 2: And then so when she does this, I'm like, yes, it's cool, but I don't understand why that's so much cooler than what the other gymnasts can do.
Speaker 3: Because what you need is every olympian to have a little backstory with an animal that you get to watch before they do their event.
Speaker 2: That would be sweet, A little yes, a little backstory where well or just like I want to hear about friendships, which I really liked Alie Reisman I think her name is and Simone Biles. Their friendship is adorable. I want to see relationships. I love the Quarterback Show because it shows like they're how they meet everyone. These guys, all these quarterbacks are the same. They are so similar. They all meet their girlfriends in college, early college or late high school, and they're with them throughout the whole thing, and they are all. I love quarterbacks. I'm obsessed with them. I think it's my favorite position. I don't really know the other positions yet, but I gotta watch that receivers thing. But I'm obsessed with quarterbacks. And the other night, Chris gave me the best compliment ever. He like paused that we were watching the Quarterback Show, and he paused the show and he goes, I'm not just this, I I think you'd be.
Speaker 1: A really good quarterback. Wow, Like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, I think it's the best compliment I've ever gotten in my life.
Speaker 3: I think, so water in your veins. When when the when the whistle blows. You perform, and that's the most You're not going to get rattled. You're not gonna if you throw one interception, You're not going to throw five interceptions.
Speaker 2: You're going to move on and and and you are able to consume a lot of information at once yep, and make sense of it and choose and pick and choose really quickly what you want to do, the route you want to take.
Speaker 3: The decision making is the most important.
Speaker 1: It's so cool.
Speaker 2: It was the nicest compliment, and I didn't disagree with them. I do think that they the one The show I'm watching Cover it shows uh Mariota.
Speaker 3: What's his name, Marcus Mariota.
Speaker 2: Marcus Mariota, Patrick Mahomes, and Kirk Cousins, Okay, and they're all just like simple, They're not really show body at all. I think the receivers are more like the coming up with the dances and wanting to kind of be kind of in the spotlight. More quarterbacks seem to be pretty understated and kind of dorky. Is that a correct assumption.
Speaker 3: Depends on the guy. Like one of the most popular quarterbacks the last twenty years, Brett Farv I guess you could say in.
Speaker 2: A way he was a little understated, but not dorky, really not dorky.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was like a cowboy.
Speaker 2: Well it's only know about him, whereas it was like a yellow his penis was literally like yellow colored.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I guess if you're going to judge them based on the colors of their dicks, and they're all dorky.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it just seems like really dorky to send him dick pick. I just think that's kind of just some one who doesn't want it. Like, not only is that like assault brother, but it's also like it's just a dork thing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, they're not really reading the room. You're right, there's all there is. Just also, you know what though, there's just also a lot of gen Z. Gen Z is like kind of dorky like, and popular people are dorky, like, Okay, they've they've gone beyond nerd culture and they're just like, yeah, I love anime or there's so some of the coolest people in the NFL are like anime fans and they're just like, we're so cool.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with Patrick mahomessessed with Kirk Cousins, the Mariota guy. They're not spending as much time on, but they're so cute. They're so dedicated, they work so hard, their bodies go through so fucking much.
Speaker 1: I just can't.
Speaker 2: Believe there is a sport where these guys get essentially like in a car accident every single day and it's legal.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe it. And they work like it's just so.
Speaker 2: This show Quarterback is so fascinating to see the training they go through and their diets and just the the how they have to memorize all the plays. I don't understand plays at all. I don't understand how they can sail these things really quickly and everyone understands it, because there's got to be what you got to assume there's one guy out on the field who didn't do his homework and doesn't know what that play is and is just like whoops and is too scared to ask.
Speaker 3: Right, that's gotta gets confused. Yeah, yeah, I mean that happened a couple of times to our boy Rodney Thomas last season, and that's why he lost his starting position because he just got confused with the coverage.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what? It's called when yeah, the coverage.
Speaker 3: Well, for him, the play, he's a defensive player, so he the defensive play is usually called the coverage, and he's a safety and he mixed he mixed up his coverage with the who is a Pro Bowl veteran guy, and so it's clearly his fault. Did it twice, and it was in really important moments in the games.
Speaker 2: And that's why I can't imagine it wouldn't happen all the time that these guys are not Like, these guys are famous, they're making millions there suddenly like have a lot more responsibility, things to do. They have family, and then they have to study this playbook. And I know, and Chris keeps going nicky, it's their job. It's all they've done their whole lives.
Speaker 1: Is their job.
Speaker 2: That's how they do it. And I'm like, but it still seems rather complicated. Even there's one scene where Patrick Mahomes had to ask the ref is it cool if can quarterbacks be in motion during the what's it called? And they're throwing when they're throwing the ball back between the legs the hike, Yeah, like you know how right before the hike they start like running around like there's the defense will start going the like run and then run back. They can be in motion. Well, he didn't know if quarterbacks could be in motion. He literally had to ask the ref who did Patrick Mahomes really yes, Chris, why didn't he know that? He was like, because it's like the rules are sometimes unclear.
Speaker 3: Well, because, yeah, that is because normally quarterbacks never go in motion. Chris from they can go from under to shotgun, which is just like a few steps behind the center. And then it was probably some wacky Andy Reid play because he always does whacky plays that like no one's ever done before. And he like wasn't sure if that's even legal. So, yeah, I guess that makes sense in that situation.
Speaker 2: It made me feel seen because I didn't know either. Yeah, there's new things coming up that I don't understand all the time in football.
Speaker 1: It's really fascinating.
Speaker 2: I'm slowly chugging along trying to understand it, but I'm getting way better at it, way better, but it's still so confusing. All Right, we have to go. Thank you for joining us for this bonus episode. These dogs lasted the whole time. I'm so proud of them. She got the hedgehog off the table. We talked about the Olympics. I still bestie. Send me clips, try to give me the cry about the Olympics. I want to be on board. I don't want to be left out. I'm not trying to get you on my side. I want to be a part of this national emotional moment that I seem to be, you know, unaffected by, and I want in.
Speaker 1: So get me.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you can do it. We have more show coming up this week. We'll see you then, don't Beka.
Speaker 1: Bye.