Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star in FRASCOO and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, April seventeenth, and yes, we are one week out from the NFL Draft, seven days away. This is the Draft Show presented by Miller Lyte, the official beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It is Miller time, and yes it's officially draft time. We've got seven days left. We've got Tommy Yarish. Brian brought us Votch Lombardi with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Glad you are with us, gentlemen, it's getting closer. You get the Waterburger shirt on. Brian say, can we represent to it? Miss the water Burger shirt. He's got the Super Bowl ring on. I mean, this is do you have the this is this is top.
Speaker 3: Tier stuff here. Mister brought us a little bright huh. This is good stuff right here. He's like all the way he's locked in.
Speaker 4: It tolls you. It tows you how long ago that I was in the Super Bowl. This ring is tiny compared to what they have nowadays.
Speaker 5: I'm just YouTube, but that's better than what I got.
Speaker 4: You're saying that the top doesn't rop us not a mini stadium anyway, it's a shiny g man. Thank you, man. I appreciate that. It's when you have a really good quarterback, that's what you get.
Speaker 2: And that's about right. The uh, the final seven days until the draft and tonight since where you do have the water Burger shirt on, that's we're doing. We've got our draft one on one tonight. All of us will be there. Botch is even going to be in attendance.
Speaker 5: Right listen, man one, O, five three. Gotta do a better job of it.
Speaker 6: Man, they they I feel like they ain't really pushing it out there. I feel like they ain't really showing us love like.
Speaker 5: That, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: He mean, well, he's he's watch is you want the tag on?
Speaker 6: Like the hope they listening to because because that sweet out. Hey guys doing Draft one on? What it's Zach And I'm like, what about us? I got a cool little Twitter following. I gotta cut people in chat right now that the pedal come through.
Speaker 4: Hey, now that they know is going to be there. The floodgates are open.
Speaker 5: That ain't true, tweeted it.
Speaker 2: We gotta we gotta limit the amount of people that can come here. Waterburger's only got one hundred sandwich.
Speaker 6: I would rather turn people down than us show up, needing questions for the last hour and two people in there because because they're not telling folks that it's going.
Speaker 3: Down, Like I can't wait to hop in the autograph line for watching Broadest.
Speaker 2: Are you hopping in it?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, such a big, big fan, big fan, not yours. Yeah, I'm good off of that.
Speaker 6: But shouts out, shouts out to the one O five three people. I don't mean no harm. I don't work out. I don't work I don't mean no harm. But you could tag Vace Lombardy and people go, oh damn, okay, I like him.
Speaker 5: I would do this, tag Tommy Yards, tag Nickair.
Speaker 4: They like us, Yeah, what it is? That's okay? Come on follow back on Twitter? Yeah, oh, thank for us.
Speaker 5: That's why I got I haven't done what.
Speaker 4: You haven't followed me back on Twitter yet? Boch really doesn't get involved with Twitter all that.
Speaker 5: I don't treat Twitter, Facebook, you know.
Speaker 4: That's why I got to hop in the autograph line.
Speaker 5: I'll do it, I'll do it, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I just do it. With that being said, i's gonna be mute.
Speaker 4: Do the same thing to him. He's gonna block me in two weeks after we.
Speaker 5: Waits at a draft though I never see none of y'all again.
Speaker 2: It's gonna go back in the hiding.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm just deal. They hate when I do it is Cob, I love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's great. Seven o'clock tonight in the Fans Showroom, forty one thirty one North Central Expressway, free Waterburger for those that show up. We're giving away some prizes, Ceedee Lamb helmet, Dak Prescott, signed gear. We're all gonna be there. We're gonna be on the air for about an hour. I think seven to eight is what the allotted time is for. So we're really excited about it. Zach Wolchuck's gonna to head up our coverage down there, and we're gonna answer as many draft questions as possible. So according to Twitter on the twenty Vox Lombardi, we're gonna get through two over that hour of time. Can't wait, but I wanted to hit that initially. Ain't lying with it being a week out from the draft, gentleman, we got a lot of questions out there, but Votch, you did bring up a topic of conversation that I do want to get to. I want to gauge where we would feel comfortable filling certain roles on this team and how deep into the draft we can get into it, how deep into the draft we can find certain places and needs, like wide receiver too, like running back one, like a starting offensive line, all of these different elements. So I'm going to run through each position. I want you to tell me what is the latest that we could possibly draft each one of these guys that would fill it in. We'll start with wide receiver two. When is the latest you would feel comfortable drafting a wide receiver two? Not talking about a Jalen Tolbert competitive I'm talking to somebody that is a clear cut two behind CD lamp.
Speaker 6: So this player would be better than Jaln Tobin. Yes, that can come in and get six touchdowns and you know, six hundred yards year one. Sure, I would say I would say round two is as is as late as I would feel confident about this So for me, that's Jack Best, Jalen Royals, and elk al Manure. I think Jalen Noel would be a good player. These are my third round guys. I think Tedz Johnson be a good player, Trey Harrison be a good player. I don't see them getting what Jalen Tobert would get because then you have to account for Jalen Tobert's next next bump up or whatever, like year four Jalen Tober or whatever. So I think round two is as far as it to go. So context for this though, Kyle, the reason why you know, just bringing this up is because you kind of got to figure out what goes where, like like like where you're gonna take picks, because for me, I'm not really into the offensive tackle race, but I love Josh Simmons, you know what I'm saying. So once I get past Simmons or maybe like one other guy like you know, Membo, I'm not really looking for offense tackle at all. So that's my context for like bringing this up like this. So once we get passed round two, I'm moving on from wide receiver.
Speaker 5: I'm looking for some else. That's just the context.
Speaker 4: Mind it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what do you think wide receiver two can be Brian.
Speaker 4: You know what, Yeah, that Vosch has hit the right names. I think I would include Royals in there. I think I could carry this thing down to God. This is gonna be tough, but here we go. I think I could carry this thing to Kyle Williams. Wow, okay, and I got him at sixty six on my stack. And but that's kind of where I'm at right now. Save you on Williams. I really do like that kid from TCU. Man, he does a lot of things from you. As Bill Parcells would say, you take him to the game, You're gonna get a lot of plays out of him. But I think that you're I think that Voch has hit this. I think that Besch I am in your those kinds of guys. I think I think Tommy's going to tell me about Harris from Old Miss Uh, you know, as a guy that could be impossibly there. But I Kyle Williams is kind of the guy that I'm looking at and saying, Okay, maybe that's the guy that could come in and and give me that role as a second guy. Vertical player across the field, player, run after catch player. Yeah, that's kind of where I'm I'm maybe putting the line in the sand.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked a whole lot about him, specifically at wide receiver, and you've you've been very very high on saving on Williams from TCU I have off the jump. So I'm a little shocked to hear you say you have Kyle Williams higher. Tell me a little bit about what.
Speaker 4: Well once once I studied it. But once I studied Kyle Williams out of Washington, Washington State, you know, I just started to see a guy who was a high targeted guy. I saw separation. I saw run after catch, I saw being able to make contested catches. I saw separation. Yeah, deep ball stuff. I mean there there. You look at the way that he was able to make plays down the field and make it at all three levels the screen, the screen game that the Cowboys are any great screen running team. But but you saw it really at Washington State at all three levels. And the same thing with Williams. You saw Williams. They put him in the backfield and it's handing the ball. And Vach will probably tell you, I'm sure that, hey, man, is this guy running back, this guy running this guy kind of should we look at him as more of a running back, you know, than really a wide receiver the way he runs the ball. But I just feel like that Kyle Williams is just give me level, give me that play on all three levels that I need and would be really really good. And I think he's I think right now it would be a better player than Tolbert.
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel good in the In the third, I think for a wide receiver two and a lot of the names that these guys have thrown out there, Brian mentioned it.
Speaker 4: I'm higher on Trey Harris. I've got him in the second.
Speaker 3: So that would be if you get him at forty four and you want to focus on something else at twelve.
Speaker 4: I can live with that.
Speaker 3: But I think this is these first three routes of wide receivers are for what the Cowboys are looking for. You've got guys there, I mean, Besh you as mentioned Io Mannor from Stanford. I'm with Brian, I love Royals from Utah State. Jaden Higgins, I've got him in the third. I'm a little bit lower on him, I think, And then you know, save on Williams from TCU. I've got him in the fourth So even if he falls down and you know, the Cowboys do something to trade up and get their fourth round pick back, potentially, Yeah, that would be someone that I'd be good with. So I think that if you don't look at if the Cowboys don't look at McMillan and Golden at twelve as like, I don't know if we want to take a wide receiver two guy at twelve and we want to wait till later. I don't think that's the worst thing in the world. I just think a guy like McMillan, if he's there at twelve, makes way too much sense.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think that's the conversation you have to have. And then goes back to what Vox was talking about, can you stretch wide receiver if you don't go there in the first because I think right now we would all say wide receivers one of, if not the most likely picks at twelve, Yeah for the Cowboys, So we can you push it past that?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: We keep talking about though, but do they feel differently about their wide receiver room than we do? Maybe you know they they feel like with Mingo and Tolberd and floorin Away and Brooks. Do they feel different about them, and you know, and you know you're yeah, I mean, the the evaluation would say, and there's a reason why they brought all those receivers in, all those top receivers. They probably, but I just wonder if in fact that they that they look at me personally, I kind of feel like the corners even more pressing than wide receiver at times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but does that value line up? Because that goes back to Will Johnson and Jade Barron in that conversation.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, I'm gonna have I'm gonna have these wide receivers high on my board. But again, I don't know if they would That's the thing I don't know. Even though they brought all those guys in, I don't know if they smoke screening us. Maybe, you know, are they saying, hey, we're not gonna we're It's it's like one thing when they when they bring in the East Carolina corner, which I think and I don't know the other five or six names. There might have been some more corners in that group, but there was one corner, you know. To me, if they just brought in one of these wide receivers, maybe that would telegraph what they're thinking about or did they bring all these guys in to say, listen, we're not going to give anybody an opportunity to kind of get a gauge of what we're doing here. But I mean, corner to me is super super pressing. But they might feel better about wide receiver than I know our show does.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go into a corner then as a part of this, I guess rundown for the most part. By the way, I would take seven receivers, So second round is where I've got it. I mean, the last guy that I would take over Jalen Tolbert in this same kind of comparison, would be Royals from Utah State. That would be the last guy I've got in terms of the current wide receivers. But let's go to corner starting corner.
Speaker 4: That you could have.
Speaker 2: It could be a nickel, it could be an outside corner, it could be one of those guys on the boundary. Where would you feel comfortable making a starting caliber corner as deep as you possibly can.
Speaker 5: So I think corners totally different.
Speaker 6: And I wish I was on Last Week show or Last Last Show or whatever Tuesday show. Yeah, Yeah, the picck a tackle or whyever he'd running back conversation whatever. I was on Team one Tech for that, Yeah, you were, because the Cowboys have problems with the run game and things like that. But I just feel like cornerback is you left out corner, right, But I feel like cornerback is deepest all get out. So I'm down in round four and maybe in the middle of five, I'm up here like longer. Beam can probably play some corner for me right now, Kobe Bryant, Riley Huzzy, I'm just thinking about names, Wade, Wade, way deep down in there. More than likely Cowboys are probably gonna take a third round corner. I got Maxwell Harrison that he might be a first round guy since he going to the draft and all that.
Speaker 5: So I'm just wrong on that one. But like Darian Porter, he'll be a fantastic Cover three guy for you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: So there's every single round I'm looking at at corners, and I'm just not running out of guys. I think at most, at most from Lsu Alexander, he can convey Alexander, he can compete with Kayln Carson at least, you know. So, I'm corners is deep in this class.
Speaker 2: This is my Remember Kayln Carson was what as and he immediately had some rotation there at Corner. They felt really good about that, but they could go deep into this class. I mean I'm looking at fourth and fifth round guys that I'm looking at, Guys like like Elijah Hussey from North Carolina and Jalen Smith from USC. You mentioned Brian Jabarbihammad from Oregon. These are all guys I would feel comfortable with at least putting in a rotation right now now a bona fide starter, you probably gotta go top three rounds.
Speaker 6: Also to Kyle and Table, do you guys think that the league is valuing Corner like less? Because walking into a draft, I'd be like boy Terrian Arnold, that's top ten dude for me. Quinnyon Mitch is a top ten dude for me. What's our guy? Pittsburgh Ago, Penn State, Joey Boy. Joey Porter is a dude that everybody on draft We love Joey Port and these guys fall and they get to the league and they do fine, But why is Corner falling like that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: Why all of a sudden corners that we love that we watched film on and it goes to the league and do fine.
Speaker 5: So we're not wrong. League, league is wrong. We right, Why did those guys drop so much?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I think the best example of somebody that didn't think exactly what you just said was Philadelphia Eagles. So they realized they drafted two corners and that changed their defense completely. It's what they did with with you know, with Mitchell and the Gene So you know, I try and play without a couple of them. Dallas did that for a while, and you know, and they and they and they had to throw Carson out there and it didn't work out, and they were signing guys off the street, didn't work out. You know, there was there's a lot of things. But you know, I I don't want to believe that teams are are doing that or saying that about corners because I think it is such an important position. So I I just the example of Philadelphia if you if you want to believe that, and then I'm not saying I'm not going to I'm saying, but if you want to believe that, go look at the Philadelphia Eagles. Go look at how they ended their season two years ago on defense, and then look how they ended the season this last year. That's all you need to know. That's all you need to know about how important corners are for your football team. Me personally, though, I think when you start getting past, say, Kobe Bryant at Kansas, I'm starting to kind of feel like, Okay, am I really really going to get a starter out of this one?
Speaker 2: Where do you have him?
Speaker 4: He's my one hundred and thirty fifth best player on my board?
Speaker 2: So is that a fourth?
Speaker 4: That's about a fourth? I like we mentioned Alexander, I have a one thirty nine Ranshaw. I mean it is a drop. And when I get down to Ranshaw from Tulane was a guy that I looked at.
Speaker 2: I picked up you know late you as a corner of safety.
Speaker 4: I'm a corner.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, he played a lot of safety. Yeah, two lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I got him at picked one seventy one. So maybe to me it's more like the guys you were talking about. It was Huzzy Mohammed maybe from Oregon, Dotson another guy, and Bryant and Alexander. That might be where you kind of start to and everything else after that might be you're kind of thinking, Okay, guy's got traits, but he's limited doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you, guys, but I just feel like, because of what we saw with Philadelphia last year, you wonder, Okay, do we take a premium pick on a corner if we're going to get that kind of game changing defensive performance.
Speaker 4: Out of a guy like that? Is there a guy in this draft early? I think there could be.
Speaker 3: I mean you look at guys in like the second round, Benjamin Morrison from Notre Dame, Trey Amas from Ole, miss Osrayah Thomas, I've got him in the second So you know, names like that can come into a room where you don't know when Trayvon Diggs is gonna come back. You don't really have a nickel guy at the moment. So is that something that they decided to double dip or I know there's been people have talked about moving to Ron Bland inside. I'm not out of the opinion that they should do that. But do you get a high value guy like that? Do you use a premium pick on it and try to bolster your defense that way? I don't think it's out of the equation. As far as how comfortable, I think I'm with the consensus here. You know, you look at names like Corey Black from Oklahoma State, that would be one.
Speaker 4: I'd be okay with.
Speaker 3: Quincy Riley from Louisville's a guy. I really like, Dorian Strong Virginia Tech. All names that could make sense for you. But I think I would prefer to spend one of those second or maybe even third round picks on a corner, just because right now this team needs a starting cornerback alongside Deron Bland for as long as Trayvon Diggs isn't there.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, where do y'all have joh A Barron versus last year?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Versus Mitchell and Arnold from last year's draft Quinn Shawn Mitchell and yeah, Tyran Arnold. Like like, I'm saying Baron because we all may not feel that great about Will Johnson or whatever, so I'm saying Barry. I think we all can agree that we love Baron. Here, Where do you gray Baron versus last year's best corner?
Speaker 2: He would beat my fourth corner. He would be behind Arnold, Mitchell, de Jene and that's it.
Speaker 4: I would put him four.
Speaker 6: Put those three guys up above him, Johnny probably a second round.
Speaker 2: And that's based off last year. I pulled up my draft boards from last year, so that's before they even played, and those three guys ended up playing pretty well throughout the year. But that's that's where i'd have them.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it wouldn't matter, but this draft, Man, we gotta account for inflation, you know what I'm saying, Like, like, we gotta we gotta account for the idea.
Speaker 2: That nobody wants to hear about that on this show. I apologize dealing with that anyway.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, We got to account for the idea that that that this year's class ain't like last year's. I see it a lot on this just oh well, that's not a player that's worth the twelfth overall pick. Like, well, man, this one of them drafts where the dude that we draft at twelve this year ain't gonna be like the dude that went twelve last year. So we have to we have to think about that.
Speaker 4: I went last year. I'm just looking at my board. I had Arnold Mitchell Wiggins. I had Wiggins, and then I had the gene as the first player in the second round. If that helps you with anything. But I'm kind of feeling like that maybe I would have Like I think I would have had Arnold over. I don't think I would have had Mitchell over. Baron is where I'm at right there, So I think maybe only Arnold would have been the guy that I had over over.
Speaker 2: Where is he in your stack?
Speaker 4: Baron? Baron?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the things like my Knine guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're I have him at twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, let me look at this real quick because I want to make sure I get it right. Uh yeah, he see, these corners are bothering me in a way because of the injury stuff, and I'm trying to get as much. I'm trying to get as much information about him as I can. And I got reveal at twel I got fifteen names, so I've got him. It's it's I just wanted to make sure I had him all in the first. We get reveal in the at twelve, Baron at fourteen, Benjamin Morrise at fifteen, and then I'm done. So I just was like I was waiting for medical information on him. I got favorable one on Revel, I got favorable report on Morrison. So I'm going to leave him right there, but yeah, I have Baron as my fourteenth best player. Okay, and remember, for those at home listening, Brian considers Hunter a wide receiver. I do's wide receiver number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's take our first break. We'll get into some more of those I want to talk detackle definitely in the second or the third segment, and then I want to talk a little O line. When would you feel comfortable drafting offensive lineman in that third segment as well. When we come back, it's time to go into some twitter on the twenty What prospect has taken the biggest hit from the beginning of the draft process up until this point and where could they possibly end up?
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Take it in the next week's draft. The Draft Show returns right after this.
Speaker 8: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 8: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery. With forty five grams of protein zero grams of addage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients, and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie.
Speaker 9: Cat all Right. Drew Pierston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care Eye Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 9: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 4: Hood Ho.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: A snapper, the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes laft, He'll run for a punch down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world.
Speaker 4: To buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 12: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 2: Ryan is the.
Speaker 12: Largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the dallascout Boys.
Speaker 1: He is the Dallascowboys dot com Draft shows.
Speaker 2: Cowboys fans get ready for Draft Weekend, Presented by Miller Light at The Star in Frisco. The action kicks off Thursday, April twenty fourth with the Ultimate Draft Party, continues Friday with the Draft Hangout, and wraps up on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White health three days of football fun and fan experiences you won't want to miss. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Draft for more details. We will be on the air through every single one of the two hundred and fifty seven picks of this NFL Draft. Can't wait for next week's coverage. We'll get started night one at six o'clock on one to five to three the fan in the Odyssey app also on Dallascowboys dot com as well, and then we'll continue through the entire first round, same start time for Day two, we'll go six o'clock right at the beginning of the draft in the second round, and then on Day three we start at ten. We'll go on an hour early before the first pick ends up at about eleven o'clock Central time, so ten o'clock Central, and we'll get to talk to some of the coaching staff and some of the players or the prof scouts to do that. Stuff like that is what we're anticipating, So lots of coverage and everybody will be mixing and matching throughout the weekend there uh starting next Thursday. But with that being said, it's time for our penultimate edition.
Speaker 4: Of Some Twitter on the Twitter. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Phillip wants to know what prospect has taken the biggest fall from the beginning of the draft process and which has made the biggest climb. We'll start with the biggest fall. Brian started started humming the Aggie wore him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's it's Nick Gordon, isn't it from Texas A and M. Might be do you think so? I mean he I know that there were there were when I when Fotch and I were all we were all looking at this stuff. I know, Tommy and then we probably started looking at this draft and during the football season in the summertime. But when I picked it up, you know, Nick Gorton a guy that from Texas A and M that a lot of people had potentially as a first round guy, and now you do not see him really on any of the first round things. I mean there's a lot of people that you know, I mean they do the three when they do the three pick mocks, you know, he might be a third round guy for some people and stuff like that. So I think those I think those Texas A and M kids, we spent a lot of time trying to kind of figure them out. But I believe he was the one guy. And I'm sure Vach is going to come up with somebody else different than that. But we I know, when we started working together, those those A and M kids were just we were struggling bad or I was struggling, i should say. And but Nick Gorton was that guy that was seemed like to me that he was a lot higher than where he is right now.
Speaker 5: The time I got phone names.
Speaker 4: He was the guy that.
Speaker 3: Well, he was the guy that when he transferred A and M from Purdue, was kind of like a top ten guy we're talking about. And you look at that A and M defensive line, Gordon Stewart, our turner in the middle, and it just kind of didn't live up to the expectation.
Speaker 4: I don't think for.
Speaker 3: The Aggies this past year, you know, people will say, oh, well, you're a Texas guy.
Speaker 4: You're just saying that. So to counter that, everybody in my family went to A and M. So yeah, I'm saying that.
Speaker 3: Well for for everybody who says, oh told me he's a Texas homer. Sure, but I also think that the player that's dropped the most is Cam Williams, the tackle from Texas. I mean, this is a guy who in the middle of the season, even really early on in this draft process when we were talking, people were mocking him as a first round pick, and I was like, I don't see it.
Speaker 4: Like this guy.
Speaker 3: He's got holding penalties all the time. He's I mean, the size that he's got is you can't match that six seven, Just big dude who can When he moves his feet and he gets his hands on you, it's hard to get past him. But he doesn't. He's still kind of learning the game of football. I think we talked to him at Texas's pro day. He said that, you know, when he got Texas, he didn't really know very much about the game of football. And when he played at Duncanvill High School here in the Dallas Fort Worth area, it was more of just he was so big that high school kids weren't able to get around him. And at Texas it was more or less the same thing. You're obviously just playing against better players. But when you've got a guy like that, he's sat two years behind, Oh my gosh, I'm bringing Christian Jones. When he was playing right tackle at Texas, he sat behind him, got the time to develop, but I feel like he could have benefited from another year at Texas, and I think you're kind of starting to see that. The NFL waters are reflecting that maybe he got some you know buzz early that hey, you could be a first round pick because teams are going to bank on your size and your potential. But you watch the film and there's just some things that he doesn't really do very well. Yet you can't teach the size, and you know what he's got physically, But from a technical standpoint, I think there's still a lot of room to grow, and I think teams are kind of opening their eyes to that.
Speaker 2: Somebody did say that Texas bias in this show is unbelievable and hilarious. So I'm looking right at you cowboys taking guy like every round.
Speaker 4: If you be fine, I'll tell you what. You could have the first three rounds of Texas drafts and you would be just fine, Golden.
Speaker 2: Then you get the and Macouba something like that, just fine. I'd be totally fine with all that. Better not a Texas guy either. So all right, you said you had four names, I've got a couple after you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, roughly, man, You know when we when we first you know back in January. Yeah, the first thing we do is we run the brugaler Man shouts out the Dame man and I was out, by the way, the beasts are going get it. Paid for it to do the athletic thing and go do it. But the first thing on Day's list, like the first seven names, like Will Johnson was like Johnson the third guy. Uh, all the A and M kids, they was like five and six back to back with each other. Jalen Walker was like five up in there. I was like, all right, and then I'll watch film on those guys and I was like, they some cool players. Some of them are third round guys. Some of them are second round guys, my boys, some of them a little later. And I just think the draft process kind of does that they just weed all these guys out. Kelvin Banks, I saw one thing where he was like the first overall guy because he was the best offensive lineman there. And hey, Kelvin Banks, you know, gets a little injury and he has a little bad film later on.
Speaker 5: To see Texas Bias.
Speaker 6: He has some bad film later in the season, and Kelvin Banks kind of tumbled a little bit. Kevin Banks maybe a guy that goes in the twenties or something right now, twenty first kind of based on.
Speaker 5: Where he's at.
Speaker 6: So a lot of these guys they tumble because some brand new film comes out. Brand new film is important. You always just keep watching film, keep watching film. Highlights right here, take a look at him. So, yeah, just six or seven guys. This is gonna fall just by way of how the draft just works. But I don't think that that's their fault. I just think that they get these way too early top one hundred lists and they kind of get, you know, put up there. But the film always, you know, film always let you know where to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one more to kind of add to the list. I actually pulled up a couple of twenty twenty four way too early mock drafts just to see it. Like those people that just throw him out there, just to throw names out there. There were three Mott drafts that I looked at. Go Ollie Gordon is up there. Yeah that was one of the names. But how about Colston Loveland from Michigan. He was in the top fifteen picks and three of these mock drafts that I pulled up. He's still a good player. I have him in the late second. Yeah, but the fact that he's not even remotely in that first round love and he's kind of the second or third or tight end on your board compared to maybe some of those.
Speaker 4: Mason, I think Mason Taylor is a better player. I mean, and there's your LSU bias right there. But I've said this all along about Mason Taylor. I watched him play for three years at LSU, and Loveland is a nice player, But Mason Taylor he was when LSU needed an absolute play. He was the guy that went to and LSU has a bunch of talented wide receivers, but they throw the ball to this kid and he and he absolutely goes and gets it. So you know, but yeah, Loveland was a great example of guy. And I think Voss is right. I think the media scouts we all kind of look at a list and we start off with this list, and then all of a sudden, it's like wait a minute. Now, once you really start diving in and the film starts coming in, you're like, well, they're not as good as the players we saw here, and then you know, that's when you kind of question yourself. But in reality, though, then the NFL scouts that kind of get into the mix and they start to say, well, you're right about that, that this guy really isn't as high as where he was initially.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Donovan e was another one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one too, Running Back, Michigan, same kind of thing as same as all Oli Gordon had an incredible Yeah twenty twenty three was unbelievable there and then just kind of fell off and he's I think both of those guys have been hurt by the group that is coming out at Running Back too. You have so many names kind of thrown out there that it does ultimately affect it. All Right, this is kind of a question I want to direct this toward brought us here. Any chance this is from Jacob, any chance that they would check with Dak Prescott in the Golden McMillan preference debate since there might be a split of opinion.
Speaker 4: They've always uh, Jerry Jones likes to solicit opinions and so yeah, the most famous one was was Trey Eightman took that Lsu tight end that didn't work out here in the first round. So you know, yeah that you know, I you know, they'll they'll maybe they run names by you know, a lot of these players are pretty hip on understanding. You know, who the who the players are in college football. These guys, you know, they know college football, they watch college football, and so you know, with Dak, he probably has an understanding. I mean, maybe they've kind of explained to him that hey, we really really like these receivers and maybe that you know, he had an opportunity to meet him when they came in. You know, these guys came in for thirty visits and he got to know him a little bit. But sure, you know, you may be running by you just but you wouldn't say, listen, hey, who do you who is your preference here? You know, maybe Dak on his own wanted to come in and sit down what receivers you got here and and watch a little tape with a coach or watch a tape with some scouts or whatever and kind of get an idea about it. But sure you would you would ask him, but you wouldn't say, Okay, we're going to draft the guy that you tell us to drive.
Speaker 2: Based on you just you alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, quarterbacks always going to get the opportunity in and Dak's kind of the guy that would probably want to know. He would probably want to know, Okay, who they're talking about here, you know, and get an idea of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, this is from G, and this is kind of opening a door to a conversation we had off the air that I would like to get in.
Speaker 4: The tight end, by the way, was he Yeah, G.
Speaker 2: Wants to know Ted and Golden are gone at twelve? So the wide receiver off the board. How far do you trade back? And what's the pick?
Speaker 6: I don't trade back, okay, I just I just I just take memboo because my phone's not ringing, and ain't nobody trading up to come get Mike Green or nothing. So I'm just gonna take the best player.
Speaker 4: Of my boys.
Speaker 2: Tell me why the phone's not ringing, because the.
Speaker 6: Phone probably just don't ring, like like if the if the phone is ringing, its likely ringing for somebody that's there that they want to come get. So a tougher question is, like, Okay, McMillan is there, but Seattle wants them. Do you draft mcmilland or do you let them come up and take them and get their like their picks, Like that's a real trade back to right, you don't get wiped out and the best player on the board is I don't know, Coason Lovelin and go all right, I'm just gonna hit the button and trade back, and they gonna draft right here. Why don't want a draft? And they gonna give me their picks where both of us want to draft. I don't think it's realistic. I think it's it's much more realistic to go, damn, we wiped out, Who's next?
Speaker 5: Like, who do we draft?
Speaker 6: And you may have to draft the guy that you you know, didn't walk in excited about, But just take the pic and.
Speaker 4: Just run with it. Yeah, I think you always have to be able to have the flexibility of understanding that somebody is going to trade ahead of you. You have to be prepared. You can't, you know. And let's let's go back to the Travis Frederick draft. I don't think they were necessarily prepared that their player was going to come off the board in that draft. And then that's why they blew the hatches and went for the bottom of the ocean there, you know, and got the third round pick. You know, But they were prepared for when, you know, when Ryan Shazier was taken ahead of them, they were ready to go, like you know, and then even Jerry tried to kind of derail things with Johnny Manziel talk on the clock and Steven and and Will and then you know, Jason Garrett at the time said no, this is how we have him stacked. And that's why you have them stacked. That is why you you definitely have I don't think you can wipe Dallas out at twelve, to be honest with you, I really don't, because, like I say, there could be a situation where, you know, you could you could take like membu Is. It would be a great that would be a great pick. You know me personally, I think that Josh Simmons would be a great pick if he was there. Those offensive tackles. There's a couple of these guys like that. But to me, I you know, it's trading back, is it? People? It's really like I say, when I came in here, I was talking about for thirteen drafts. I sat there and watched the phone not ring. You know, folks, it's not that easy. This isn't Madden, this isn't And I think we get kind of sometimes we get spoiled in draft simulator thing, the mock draft, the mock drafts that we think, oh we could automatically trade back and somebody's going to come get our picks. Yeah, you know. I ran a draft in Philly in ninety eight and I told the guys in the room and the ladies that were in there, I said, I go, you want me to let this phone? And we wait for the phone. I waited seven minutes, and then we handed that pick in, you know, and I and I had the eleventh pick of the draft, you know, and I said, we'll let's take our guy and let's go. And that was it, you know. So it the phone and the cowboys are not going to pick up the phone. They told you. They tell you that they feel like if you're picking up the phone, orf they're picking up the phone, they're probably losing the trade. So I don't see them. I don't see them trading. Now. Could they trade one or two spots, sure, yeah, but you think they're going to, you know, blow the hatches and go all the way to the bottom of the ocean. Again, I don't know about that. Yeah, And I'm with Vatch.
Speaker 3: With the Membo pick and you know, one of the things that you know, I listened to a lot of what Brian's advice, just because he's been doing this for so long and he one of the things he told me when we started this was if you like the player, take them. Yeah, And I think you look at a guy like a mechgg Buka, Yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: You could fit that mold.
Speaker 3: And you know, you might not be the most exciting pick, right. You may not say, oh twelve's too rich, and you know I would agree. I think if you can trade back and pick up more capital for him, that would be preferred. But you look at you know the fact that this guy was the robin to so many Batman's at Ohio State, and he left that university as the school's all time leading receiver. When you've got guys like Chris Carter that played there, I mean, that's just phenomenal. To Mery gn yeah, I think that's that's unbelievable. And so you know, you think about the trajectory of that program. And obviously he's Scott the player, not the helmet. But this guy is a savvy route runner. He gets open quick. And if you lose your guys and McMillan and Golden and you say, okay, we really feel like we need a wide receiver here. I don't think I Buka is a bad pick at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if he would have ended up being the pick at twelve, then we are looking across the hall and saying they have a massive need at wide. They had the absolutely they felt like they had in the conversation that we had in the opening segment of we can maybe stretch this thing in the forty four. They probably didn't think at that point if he if Buka is the pick, that means they couldn't stretch it past twelve. That meant that they looked at their scenarios, it has to be twelve, and that's what would happen. I don't think we would sit here and be upset about Abuka being the pick. May just say they were wiped out and they needed to fill a need and they went for need over Bpa. There's probably going to be a player higher on my board than Amika Buka at that point in time. But you still feel pretty good about the pick because it fits in your system and if you like the player you pick them.
Speaker 4: Well. I've kind of tried to cheer lead for this thing though. To me, give me the player that has the ability, is healthy and also the character stuff. Yeah, and that's why a champion, That's why championed Ashton genty. You know, a champion that type of player. This guy might be second on the board when you start to talk about the top guys that kind of does has all those things. I mean, there's guys that these these corners that we're talking about banged up. You know, they're all the great players. This kid right here has played in a ton of big games. I wouldn't feel terrible about picking him. And I see why they brought him in. You know, like I say, I don't think you're wiped out if you're taking this guy because he fits the things that I'm asking for a guy that I want to pick in the top of the board. The character, the health, and the ability. He's got all three of those.
Speaker 3: And I could I think you could also look at this kind of changed my perspective doing the group chat article that we've got on Dallas cowboys dot com. Cowboys only have five defensive tackles on their roster right now. So is that something where you know, if we're talking about positions of need and they feel like, Okay, we have a need we need to fill this trying to take Grant in the first round? Is Grant there is? Do you think about Derek Harmon from Oregon? You know, is if Mason Graham drops or something. I'm really high on Walter Nolan. If Walter Nolan was the pick at twelve, I would be happy with that. But you know, is that a position where it's just there's so many things they could do and it just comes down to, Okay, do they feel like and they've said this, you know, publicly to the media, but behind closed doors it could always be different. Do they feel like they have done enough in free agency that they can actually go and take the best player available when pick number twelve comes.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing about it the other time is they've got so many needs, right, I Mean, it's like it's not like they're folk they could focus on just one thing. But you know, this draft in a lot of ways kind of sets up for them at the positions, the depth at corner, the depth at wide receiver, the depth at running back, the depth a defensive tackle. You know, they just kind of find a way to navigate this thing the right way and make sure And that's why I ask you guys the other day about which which position would you eliminate if you didn't have a four? You know which you don't you don't have a four, but you got four need right off the jump that we can think about, you know which position would you eliminate? So yeah, I think I like I said, I think they'll be fine here. I don't worry about I really don't worry about the first three rounds here, I really don't.
Speaker 2: It's after that where I start to worry, the fifth round and sixth round and more. They have the top picks. I would love for them to package and get back into the fourth because once we get to the fifth that's when things get dicey. All right, final question for Twitter on the twenty you mentioned Kelvin Banks, Junior out of Texas. Somebody wanted to know this just says just the dude on Twitter? What up a news call?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: Production is a big deal in most cases. Kelvin Banks has tremendous offensive line production against some of the college game's best defensive stars. Why is he dropping? He even used the hashtag what gives? Why would Banks be dropping outside of the top fifteen picks?
Speaker 4: Per se?
Speaker 6: He probably because he kind of got hurt and he didn't finish the season all that well. But and it may not be anything bad why he failed. It may just be that the guys around him they just went up and he just didn't go up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, see we got the we didn't get to the Risers through the draft. I think our guy, the Missouri tackle that we were just talking about, Memboo Mimbo was one of these guys that he I think he started off somewhere probably in the twenties, maybe the late twenties, and then all of a sudden, I've seen him as high as New England at four. You know, So that's he went from being a guy that was down near the bottom of the board to being in So you have other guys and then you know, the people answer the questions about Will Campbell. He said, you know, so you've got you've got tackles mean personally, you know, I love I keep saying this, I love Josh Simmons. I think they like Josh Simmons too. So to me, you have three or four tackles that that probably are better than our people are evaluating, better than what Banks is right.
Speaker 6: Now, Golden Memboo Guys like Booker just just rise h just just getting better over the.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Banks and Campbell were both there from the beginning. It was we're up there already. Yeah, so you end up just kind of evening out because you have guys that jump above them. Doesn't mean they did anything specific.
Speaker 6: Guys like Mike Green just jumped them a little bit. Just he just gets bummed down the board.
Speaker 3: It is what is all right, the era of me trying to step away from my Texas. The Banks's Banks is a top He's number five for me overall.
Speaker 5: Phenomenally, he's incredible, He's he's O T one for me.
Speaker 4: And I've got I've.
Speaker 6: Got you gotta lie, you gotta lie at this point.
Speaker 2: From Will Campbell or something I've got.
Speaker 4: I've got, I've got i got Will Campbell is number one.
Speaker 5: I put a camera one time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we can keep the film on. It's all good. That's just gonna back my point up.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I think this is one of those things where you know, sometimes when we get late in this process, and this is this is my first time doing the draft thing, but I've noticed that the past is as time goes on, I think naturally you know, when the guys rise up, people just kind of overthink some of these guys who started the year off as these one and two guys like Banks and Campbell. I mean, Campbell stayed pretty steadfast. He's going to be a top ten pick more than likely, and rightfully so. But you know, Banks is the guy that I've set up before his second career game. He shuts down will and Anderson as a true freshman in college and stayed healthy for most of his career at Texas, then got banged up down the stretch, made an effort to come back and play against You know, he's trying to get on the field to try and stop mikel Williams and Jalen Walker when they tore him apart and in the first time that they played in the regular season. So this is a guy that checks all the boxes for you. You can play him at tackle. I feel like you could play him at garden. He could step up there. He'd be willing to do that. Really athletic. Moves his feet very well.
Speaker 4: Ben, Yeah, me, Ben.
Speaker 3: When you get him in space and moving, he can he can make he can make people people lay out on the ground and more than likely not get up and so he he plays physical and does well as an athlete too.
Speaker 4: Just I've got him.
Speaker 3: I think he's the most athletic tackle in this draft behind Membo. So there's a lot to like with Banks. And I think it's one of those things whereas the process goes on, you just kind of start to overthink a little bit and forget how good some of these players are.
Speaker 4: I think there was.
Speaker 3: A point in time where McMillan was that way, and now people are kind of starting to get back on track of like, Okay, yeah, wait, this guy is like a top ten player in this class, and so you know, you wonder if that's a guy that even gets to twelve now for Dallas.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna be excited when like Chicago takes Banks at ten and we're like, Tommy's gonna be like, I see, I told you that was.
Speaker 3: Our in our magazine, Knock. I've got you a ten to the Bears. I think the Bears need a left a desperately, and he'd be a great fit. They're all about restructuring the offensive line. Ben Johnson picked up a pretty athletic tackle named Penae Sewell and Uh in Detroit that worked out pretty well, you get yours and Banks on the left side, and you protect Caleb Williams so he doesn't get sacked a million times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then Box is gonna remind you a team suck at drafting. Terrible. It is terrible.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that all weekend.
Speaker 5: I'm a YouTuber.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be even better.
Speaker 6: Look, the teams are so bad at this, and I'm not just saying it's just like hate on team, Like you can go find they record, but you can also like find ours, like nobody thought Cleveland Ferrell was the fourth overall ow bad. It is keep being bad though, because my team need them. My team need these guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I asked the YouTube chat to give us a hashtag hook them for Tommy, just that way we can we.
Speaker 4: Can make him feel miss nobody.
Speaker 2: You got a couple like horns up there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: When we come back, I want to hit interior defensive line offensive line in the same scenario that we painted in that first segment of the show. How late would you be comfortable taking these specific positions of need for the Dallas Cowboys coming up right after this on the other side of the.
Speaker 7: Break, I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the.
Speaker 13: Best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 8: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Cat.
Speaker 11: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and.
Speaker 4: Off the plate.
Speaker 11: Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on Tour is coming to a theater near you. Witness live performances, enjoy on stage Q and A sessions, and even be a part of the live audition. If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or El Paso, mark your calendar for dates and tickets. Visit Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dot com slash tour. Wrapping things up here one week out from the NFL Draft. On The Draft Show presented by Miller Lyte, It's Miller Time. We've got Tommy Yarish, Brian Bradess, Fach Lomb Party with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. All right, we started this in the first segment. We want to continue on how deep can you feel comfortable taking specific picks specific positions later in the NFL Draft. Let's go to interior defensive line. Wotch, I know you were very much so on the one tech bandwagon, trying to take a one tech to help this football team stop the run and do a couple different things well at the line of scrimmage. Where do you feel like you can get a starting one tech in this draft?
Speaker 6: I would love to get one in the second round. That'll be lovely because I think all those guys are really good like Grant Williams Harmon, you know, but that's probably not gonna work out for me. But I'm just looking at my third round guys CJ. West, Phillips, Peebles, Colin, some some people got Collins as a round two guy got him in the third and that's all right. And Farmer, Josh Farmer, he's he's one of the last guys I think that can come in. And I'll just say push Mazi, you know what I'm saying. Of course, there's a bunch of guys that can push Who's Who's second guy Justin Roger Rogers. There's some guys that can that can push Justin. But just me looking at my fourth round. The one one tech guy that I have in there is called Well from Oregon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was, I was going to ask you about that because that to me, I kind of draw the line at the one technique there you have Cam Horsley, you have him higher or lower than that.
Speaker 5: I got Horseley in the high fifths.
Speaker 4: Okay, So yeah, I mean that to me, I kind of I kind of look at Well is the guy that I would would draw the line at. And then I'm kind of thinking about in the for the then that's a for a one technique, but on the on the three, the three side of things maybe go down. Pegeese might be the guy from Old Miss that. I'm kind of thinking that now. But there's some guys like I say that the Riley Mills and stuff like that from Notre Dame Ty robertson. I think Ty Robinson needs to like lose weight and kind of play. But but I I kind of feel like that maybe that uh, that that that Pegeese is as a three and then Calwell is a one would be that for me. Yeah, I like Caldwell a lot.
Speaker 3: I think I think Caldwell and Collins from Texas would be the perfect fits for Dallas in terms of, hey, we just need you to come in and stop the run like that.
Speaker 4: That's what those two guys did.
Speaker 3: Well Collins and Texas and then Caldwell at both Houston and Oregon.
Speaker 4: So that's good fit.
Speaker 3: So I think that would be as far back as I would want to go, just because you look at this team and like I said, they got five defensive tackles on the roster right now, this is a music show where they need some help. We talked about Robinson on Tuesday Show.
Speaker 4: I like him a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously he's He's probably more of a three guy and more of a five gap potentially guy too. I'm not as high on Williams from Ohio State, but if you can get him in a value spot, I think he'd be good.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, like a value spot for Williams from ohuse Williams from House?
Speaker 3: What do you mean if people see him like I see, I have him in the third? If he drops the third, I think I'm comfortable with that. I know that's a why would Why would he drop to the third?
Speaker 4: Though? Time?
Speaker 3: I so when I watch him, I see I see really strong, but he doesn't move his feet. I don't see it. And maybe I could be wrong. This could be one where I'm kicking myself when we come back here next year. But I think he is just reliant too much on his strength and not as much moving laterally. Obviously, he does a good job stop in the run, but struggles to get pushed the line of scrimmage against inferior competition. Should makes up for it by getting five blockers and bringing down ball carriers. Gets in the quarterbacks face pretty well and has his hands up to knock down passes, not a huge throw as a pass rusher out that they need that the Cowboys at a one tech spot. But I don't know, I was I watched him twice. I did kind of what everybody does where it's like, okay, let me see if I saw this guy right and.
Speaker 6: Time was sipping that whiskey and when he was watching jams. You're actually high on tylerk will I love Tyler? Where do you have him? I got him in the second got him the second round, second round, like like a true second round guy, like not like a second round that'll go eighteen or something like that. Like he's a guy that the middle second right around the fort is in fifties. So Tommy, Tommy got him halfway. Like he is strong as all get out, but I think that he that he moves a little better than I think tom is giving a little bit of credit for there's many plays where they're running some outside zone stuff and he's hustling and shoveling his ass over to get those plays. So that's the that's the that's the one thing that I kind of, you know, I'm just look at his.
Speaker 5: Big boys just running all over the place, and.
Speaker 6: Look, he's the one sake. So he's not gonna be a full blown pass rusher. He's more of a packet pushing, you know kind of guy.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 6: But as far as like run down latter athleticism or whatever. Let him run over there and you know, do some do some b gaps, He gap things. I think he makes plays versus run all over the place. But that's where I got him. I got him in the second round. I'm gonna stand on now when you know, Tommy, you my guy put him in the third. But but you know, third round, Man's I don't know, Man's Isley gonna be gone.
Speaker 4: It's funny that I understand where you're going here, Tommy. I think this guy could play all the line positions. I think you could kind of move him even you have to play like this a five technique as an end. They put him out there head up end. The guy that I feel like that I'm wrong about that, I'm not high enough on is Collins from Texas. That's the guy in the third round where Votch is. You're looking at me like you're nuts.
Speaker 5: I'm with you on it.
Speaker 2: You're in the third round. I've got him in the third two.
Speaker 4: Okay, everybody thinks that I I kind of feel like that Collins might be a guy that you have to make. He might go late too or in the second round. I just don't know when the run of these guys is going to start. There's going to be a run in this draft of these three hundred and twenty pound defensive linemen in these tackles, and I wonder, I wonder if you're gonna have to take Collins earlier than the third round.
Speaker 6: See, Collins looks really good, and he has all the things that the that the pros want.
Speaker 5: He's a big, great move and.
Speaker 4: This guy's three hundred and thirty four pounds. By the way.
Speaker 2: I just think, you know, Collins, Williams, will Good, William Josh.
Speaker 6: Collins' hands get a little weird for me, like like his technique, and I think he gets lost a little bit, like in the in the play, like he's so focused on whooping the guy in front of him that he'll get, you know, lost with the run or whatever. But I think Williams is the opposite that, like Williams, will Stack, shd find the ball, play the ball, and they they buff can get a little high a little bit. You know, pat love is a problem for a lot of the guys in this thing. But you know, just out of those two, I think Williams is better technically, so that's why I give him the go. But Brian hates ceiling talk or whatever. But Collins has the much high ceiling. Yeah, because Collins has a lot more room.
Speaker 4: To real quick that where you got hermon in all this? Then Harmon, because see Harmon is not a three d and thirty pound guy. No, Harmon's three thirteen. So I wondered, is you know, do you kind of see him as a wander do you see him more as a three?
Speaker 6: I got him as a one that can play three? Yeah, see super athletic moving one that can't.
Speaker 3: Play Yeah, the agility and stuff like that. So okay, I love Harmon. He's my third, okay, behind Graham and Nolan. Then Grant after Harmon, Oh.
Speaker 5: Grant, Yeah, you got Kenny Grant after Harmon after Harmon? Time?
Speaker 4: What was going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, what are you watching now?
Speaker 5: You ain't getting out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tyler, Williams and Collins are both in the early parts of the third for me, so I think either one of those guys touching tags. They're not going to be there at seventy six. In my opinion, Williams and Collins, when you're looking at at attempting to take a starting defensive tackle, I think you've got to do it in forty four. Before forty four. If you take anybody after that, it's a rotational piece, which I think you could be okay with, but it's not what you're trying to get. I like Peebles, I like some of these other guys like you mentioned West from Indiana, Farmer from Florida State. You can maybe get those guys at seventy six, but I think even that's gonna be back to what Brian was saying, dependent on when this run happens, because there will be a run where teams pair these defensive tackles, these big body guys. There's not a ton of guys like that that really stand out to me. It's a select list, and I think because of that, they're going.
Speaker 4: To go pretty early. I know we have just a few minutes left here. Tommy Reid Grant.
Speaker 3: For me, Grant, Yeah, I gotcha quick for his size, athletics sacrifice to some of his power, causing to get pushed back at times, but he's still got plenty of ability to flatten somebody doesn't give up on the play, even when he's double team and moved around, gets his hands up and throwing win at a bat down passes. I think he's a really good player. I just think Harmon can do it all. I mean you mentioned playing one tech or three tech. I mean he can line up anywhere, gets after the passer phil well and run gaps, really good motor. He's shrunk the line of scrimmage, moves his feet, keeps him active to to keep pushing and keep the play alive. From his standpoint, I like, I mean, they're they're not that far apart. I don't think in terms of I mean, like I said, they're touching tags for me, they're not that far apart.
Speaker 4: You know. I just I like harm it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Where did you have him Grant? Did you have him in the second grant?
Speaker 4: Second? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so yeah, you're just you just like a guy better. So yeah, stand on your your thought.
Speaker 4: I'm standing on all my takes here that I'm on an island.
Speaker 5: Change his mine and then like he's just he's just wrong.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Well down the line.
Speaker 3: If I'm wrong, that's fine, I'll on it. I'll fall on the sword. But I just I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: To do this long enough. You'd be wrong a lot.
Speaker 2: That's exactly if we're all wrong all the time. Walter Nolan, do you have him in the defensive tackle conversation or do you have him elsewhere?
Speaker 4: It's like, you mean like the one.
Speaker 2: Tech three tech, he's a three, he's a three yea three from So do you have him on a separate list or where do you have this?
Speaker 4: No, I've got all this one list.
Speaker 3: I've got Nolan is my best defensive tackle behind Graham, and that's been the case since we started. Yeah, you've been on that. Yeah, Yeah, I think he's just quick, powerful. You know, you don't see a lot from Nolan because they double team him all the time where he's gotta he's still getting through that.
Speaker 4: He's been double team since.
Speaker 3: He was the number one overall recruit coming out of high school a couple of years ago. And he went to that Texas A and M class and it hasn't stopped since you watched the old mistape.
Speaker 4: It happened to him there Texas A and M.
Speaker 3: For whatever reason, just didn't put him on the field, and that's why you saw the mass portal exodus that they had with all their players. Yeah, he's just an incredible player, super athletic, throws guys off of him, gets pressure through those double teams, fills the run.
Speaker 2: Well, I like this guy a lot. Let's do offensive line real quick. Where would be the latest you would take a starting offensive lineman?
Speaker 6: Uh, let's see. So I like Booker, Jackson, Zabel, Milon rad Lest, I like Lamping a little more than you know some.
Speaker 14: Just start with the guys that you have currently. Hey, man, I'm talking about like starting. I'm gonna I'm gonna bump into Brock and he ain't gonna like me. Man, But I think I think Milon Radless, Jackson, Isabel, Booker push him. Lampkin is probably more of a more of a center type guy, so he ain't pushing bb uh Connor Kobe's probably what he is right now. So yeah, so it's like third round for me for guard.
Speaker 4: Miles Fraser, l s U and then here we go home.
Speaker 5: I like Miles Fraser too, so Yo.
Speaker 4: Reville, I know and I and I know there's some people Jonah from Zona go back another guy that people have kind of talked about, but I kind of I kind of feel like that Miles Fraser from l s U would be kind of where I'm at on the starting guards. I know that there's a love for uh for Caleb Rogers from Texas Tech and so yeah, but I think Miles I think we're talking about Miles Fraser here. I think he would be probably where I'm at as far as that last starting guy right now.
Speaker 3: I think the furthest back I would go. I've got Luke Candra from Cincinnati. I've got him in the fourth. I think that would be the furthest back.
Speaker 2: So you feel like he could push somebody at that point?
Speaker 4: Good? Yeah, I like I like Candra a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like we're talking about enough really good player.
Speaker 2: I've got him in the third. I like him a lot too. I don't know if he would be a seventy six possibility or not. He's collecting, but I like him enough to be in that conversation. You've brought him up before, I've got the hook him Momoji next to him. There you go, so I know you've brought him up. I like Jonah from Zona a lot. I think that would be the last name I have as a starting caliber that's going to push the guy that you have right now, which would beat brock Hoffman in this case. And so I feel pretty good about either one of those guys. So you would have to do that, maybe any one of those top three picks. Either way, you're having to address some needs and you're gonna have to do so early in the top eighty picks of this NFL Draft. Things are gonna get dicey coming up next week when the NFL Draft gets underway on Thursday. That's gonna do it for us here on the Draft Show special thanks to all those who tuned in, and then we're engaged on the YouTube chat. Reminder tonight Draft one oh one from the Fans Showroom forty one to thirty one Central Expressway Expressway in Dallas. Come join us. Get some free waterburger as Brian shirt shows you here, got some waterburger to give out.
Speaker 5: Tommy and Nick Hairs will be there. Yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 4: What an event.
Speaker 2: Did you see? Zach Walchuck sent you a tag like in the early parts of.
Speaker 5: This because Wick's classy. Good for him. He should Bobby.
Speaker 4: Went after us for the many times we mentioned that we're doing all right podcast.
Speaker 5: It's a great podcast.
Speaker 6: Listen to it at Basch Lombardi on YouTube being Brian brought go to have money through.
Speaker 2: Frank the Fans Showroom, seven o'clock tonight. We'll see you there for Draft one on one a podcast on the air as well for Tommy Ysh, Brian broad As, Fox Lombardy, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft Show. We'll see you next week. It's Draft week, everybody.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 4: Hey,