Speaker 1: Hellow Hi, I'm speaking on top of a microphone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, at least something works today. Yes, hey, oh, I wish you could see how he has positions in the microphone.
Speaker 1: Oh, there it goes, has happened?
Speaker 2: Limp again?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Its sauce on the side. I am here with my boy Andrew. What's up? Yo?
Speaker 1: What's up? Gandhi?
Speaker 2: Oh God? And Diamond? Hey, Diamond, Hey, so we're having technical issues across the board here today.
Speaker 1: How come I got it.
Speaker 2: Because I said, we're here with my guy Andrew, and you were like, Yo, what's up?
Speaker 1: Well you said it to me like that?
Speaker 2: Did I say it like that?
Speaker 1: Diamond?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, very authentic coming from you. Gandhi.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well you know what she's saying. It's heard, heard, chill.
Speaker 2: So anyway, everything is fucking up here today. It is as I'm recording this, and obviously not that he hear it, because we have some stuff that actually was recorded on Friday. What was that the sixth? Yeah, Friday the sixth, And I think it's pretty interesting. We're gonna we played I believe by this point we would have played a part of it on the show, but Halsey was here on Friday, and I talked to her for a while about her album and some health issues and some stuff with Britney Spears, and I'm interested to share that with everybody because I know we're not gonna play the entire thing on the air. We're just gonna play a little piece. Diamond was in for the interview. Diamond, did you think there was a specific part that we should have played on the air?
Speaker 3: I liked when you guys were I didn't like this. I don't want to sound I don't want it to sound like I was happy about this. But the conversation that the two of you had about your health issues and you know, it was very like nice to see. I think that she felt seen and I could tell that you felt seen.
Speaker 4: So it's really nice.
Speaker 2: Aw that's nice. Okay, Well, I say we just get to the interview real quick and then we can have all our like fuckery on the other side of it. Cool.
Speaker 1: Cool, Yeah you heard Yeah.
Speaker 2: My god man, Okay, I am here with Halsey. Halsey. Yeah, I'm so glad that you're here. We haven't seen you in years, I know, and now you are here, and there's so much to talk about where to begin. Let's start with your album, dropping October twenty fifth, The Great Impersonator. What is this? What does this mean to you?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Well, it's my fifth album, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I have five.
Speaker 5: Of anything, you know what I mean, Like, it's just it's it's always so like crazy when I start doing the math and adding it up. This summer is ten years since I put out my first album, bad Lands, and so it's like cool to have this album, you know, coming in like the year leading up to it, because I feel like this record is so tied.
Speaker 4: To bad Lands in a way.
Speaker 5: This album feels like I'm getting to do a debut record again. I've just been through so much as a person in the past couple of years and I feel really different, and so making this album felt like this version of me was getting to put out her.
Speaker 4: Debut, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 5: So I feel like it's just like, you know, there's like some poetic justice in there that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: We love evolution, like seeing people grow, and when you say it ties back so much to bad Lands in which way.
Speaker 5: In a lot of ways, I feel like I wrote it with the same mentality as when I made bad Lands. You know, when I was making my first record, the only thing that I thought about was I wanted my friends.
Speaker 4: To think that the music was cool.
Speaker 5: You know, so in ego, actually, I say, you know, I want to go back to the beginning when it all felt right.
Speaker 4: A rooftop Lower east Side.
Speaker 5: I'm singing, and I that's actually a real memory of mine, as I remember being on the friend's rooftop on like Orchard Street, like I think, like in this apartment above Hair the Dog, like just sitting on this rooftop and I was playing people demos from my EP off of my phone, just like in the middle of the table, and everyone was just like this is so cool, like this is so dope. And I was like, that's the only feeling I'll ever need ever again, is like my friend and my peers like loving what I'm making and connecting with it. And then you know, my career changed, and everything changed, and by the time I put out my second album or my third, it wasn't just about what my friends thought or like connecting with the people closest to me.
Speaker 4: You know, there's this.
Speaker 5: Global community and then there's a lot of other things too. You know, there's being here, there's the radio, there's like you know.
Speaker 4: Ticket sales.
Speaker 5: Like the pressure grows and it's like you start thinking a lot about the way people are receiving you, and it.
Speaker 4: Changes the way you make music.
Speaker 5: When I made The Great Impersonator, I felt like I reverted to that frame of mind where I.
Speaker 4: Was just like, I just want my friends to think this is cool.
Speaker 2: So it's like a full not necessarily full circle, but you've grown so much because you started out I just want my friends to think this is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then over ten years, your priorities changed, and now you're back to I just want my friends to think.
Speaker 4: This is cool. Yeah, I think it's cool. I think so yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I've kept this one so lock and key. I'm usually like, you know, blasting people in my phone, like check out this demo, check out this demo.
Speaker 4: And this one I was.
Speaker 5: Like, I played really close to the chest, and you know, obviously because there was a lot of personal content on it and before I started, you know, coming out online and talking about what my life has looked like the past couple of years, the songs were just so like revealing that I really kept them close, you know, and now I'm getting.
Speaker 4: A little looser about like who's getting to hear it.
Speaker 5: But all of my closest friends, you know, we would hang out at the house and like sit in my living room, and every time I got like an updated version of the album, we would.
Speaker 4: Just sit and like listen through to it.
Speaker 5: And everyone close to me, my friends and family, has said that this is their favorite album of mine yet.
Speaker 4: But they say that every.
Speaker 2: Time they see they do find somebody. Trust you're not biased. So when you pick the people that you're like, you know what, this is who I want to share my music with before anyone else. How do you choose?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the first people that hear it are my two little brothers. Yeah, Savian's twenty six, Dante is nineteen. So it's nice because I kind of get like, you know, I'm technically a millennial. I'm twenty nine, but like I'm kind of on the cusp of gen Z, but I'm not gen Z enough, you know, Like my brother Savian is very gen Z. And then my youngest brother, Dante, you know, he's nineteen, and so I kind of get to get this.
Speaker 4: This incredible like focus group, you know, and they're.
Speaker 5: Boys, you know, so they they're kind of too cool for everything. So when they really like something, I'm like, okay, I've I've nailed it.
Speaker 2: Mine would definitely be my sister if I was gonna show anyone, because I think that of all the people, your siblings will shred you.
Speaker 4: For sure if they want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they'll also let you know like, no, this is actually really dope.
Speaker 4: I love that totally.
Speaker 5: And when you get that from a sibling, oh yeah, I love it, you're like nothing else matters you really.
Speaker 2: They sort of live every now and then to just chop you totally read Denise.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I tease my brother all the time when I was growing up, Like, you know, I'd be playing guitar and singing in my bedroom and he'd be like, you suw at my concerts, like singing every word, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, front row, I'm probably using that to like flex on people like do you know who my sister is?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you know what's funny?
Speaker 5: Is like you would think that, But I feel like the both of them are so just like over it at this point where they're just like we don't care, Like you know what I mean, I'm like I was like when my brother Dante was in high school, you know, because he's nineteen, so he was in high school two years ago, and I always be like.
Speaker 4: Do people think it's like cool myttle sister? And He's like, I don't tell anybody that, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, what in the hell?
Speaker 4: I know, like when might I be cool enough for you?
Speaker 5: And then we'll like, you know, we'll go to a concert and he'll meet like Dominic Fike or something like that, and he's like sick, and I'm like, hey, I'm cool too, you know, like do they go to the same high school you went to?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, I grew up in Jersey, Okay, my brothers are in California now, yeah, I'm in Jersey girl, So yeah.
Speaker 2: We do love that you're a Jersey girl.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like anytime somebody mentions Halsey, like do you know she's from Jersey's down the street? Like I do know that. Everybody has told me that. So one of the things that you've said about this album that I find fascinating, you wrote this well in the space between life and death. Yeah, yeah, do you want to talk about that space?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 4: I mean I think, you know, I wasn't really sure what I was going to write my fifth album about.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I wrote if I Can of Love, I Want Power, really about what my experience was like while I was pregnant, and I was like, I was really fearful, you know, in the time leading up to giving birth and becoming a mom because it was so unknown, and so I translated that into this really dark album, you know, because I wanted somewhere to put those feelings of like fear and confusion, and.
Speaker 4: It was just so effortless.
Speaker 5: It was so easy to know that that's what the album was supposed to be. And then when it came time where I was like, okay, I should probably start my fifth album, I just didn't know where to look. And I was like, you know, I have my baby and I'm home, and like, you know, I just I don't really know that all that much is going on, and I don't really want to start going backwards and digging through old stuff. And so I was I was a little, you know, stumped, and then I found out that I was really sick, and I got the kind of sick where you can't really leave your house, you know, your body starts to look different, you lose your hair, like. It was really just a completely transformative experience. And initially when it first happened, I couldn't have been thinking less about writing music that wasn't even on my radar. I was just trying to figure out, you know, realistically, what does this.
Speaker 4: Mean for me?
Speaker 5: You know, I was in that in between space waiting for answers from doctors for months of like, you know, not only could I be not in a position where I get to be a musician anymore, but I don't even know, you know, if I'm going to get to be anymore. And that was terrifying. And I was the mom of a one year old, you know, this was like I had this whiplash kind of like the greatest thing in the world ever happened to me, and then all of a sudden, a really scary thing happened to me. And then I knew that I had to start writing because I knew that was going to help me process going on. And so yeah, I just I feel like the reason I feel like I wrote it in the space between life and death is because I and maybe that's why it's similar to bad Lands too, because in both situations, I didn't really have anything to lose, you know, like I just had to make what was true to me and what was like on my heart and like on my mind, and that was all I was thinking about because I didn't have the luxury at that time of thinking ahead, you know, into the future and getting anxious and overplanning and overthinking everything the way that I had kind of done with albums prior. And so I think there's a pretty beautiful result because of that.
Speaker 2: You know, I relate to everything that you just said so much because I'm not gonna make this about me. I'm just gonna know exquately. Something very similar happened to me almost a year ago. I was hitting my start. Everything was amazing. I was like, this is the best life ever. And boom, I hit a while. I got really, really sick, and it changed my perspective on everything. I see the world differently, I see color differently, I hear laughter differently. Everything is different when you kind of get that second chance to bounce back. And the hair loss, by the way, yeah, this is a wig because well, thank you, it all fell out. I was sitting on the couch one day, brushed it and here comes the clump and it just never stopped from that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry that happened to you. It's really rough, right, Yeah. And what I learned from that was I posted about it. Yeah, I went to Instagram and I said, this is what's happening and here's a picture, and the amount of people, specifically women, who said, holy crap, same thing. I don't talk about it, What is your solution? What are you doing? How can you help me? Actually really made a difference and made me feel better totally. And I feel like this album from you is probably going to bring a ton of moments like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brace yourself it already, you know.
Speaker 5: It was like I was really nervous to share that news with the world, you know, because as much as I pride myself being authentic, I think subconsciously, you know, I had kind of taken on this external pressure to like, you know, always look good and always be happy and always you know, have something positive or interesting to say. And I really felt at that point that I had been living my life really truthfully and then I wasn't afraid to tell anyone anything about myself. And then I got hit a little bit with that the reality that maybe that's not quite true about you. When I got sick, and my first instinct was I need to hide this. I'm afraid of people knowing. And I'm glad I took the time and the privacy to process it because there were so many unknowns at the time that I think going through it publicly would have probably been just a disaster, you know. I waited until everything was like a little bit more stable to share it. But then when I did, just the amount of people, you know, who just flooded in with support, some people with stories like mine, some people with stories far worse than mine, offering me, you know, community and validation and support. And I was really overwhelmed and just really touched. And I find that I make the kind of albums where my fans always say to me, I don't know how you knew, but I needed this so much right now.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It's funny because I'm not thinking about that when I make them, and we're like, what do they need?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: What am I going through?
Speaker 2: That's about me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but always seems to line up that way, and I was it was really interesting to see the influx of people who felt that way about this record too, which surprised me because I was very afraid while making this album that I was maybe writing about an experience that was a little too singular, and then I was proven wrong so fast in the best way, the worst way, because I'm sorry people are going through that, but in the best way of like knowing that, you know, there's people who relate and we're kind of all going through it together and feeling proud that I've made something that they've expressed, you know, to help me, and now it's helping them, and that's.
Speaker 4: Like, I think, a real moment of pride for me.
Speaker 2: I feel like life is sort of like a Google search where almost no matter what you type in, so it's going to be completed because somebody else has looked for that, so somebody else has gone through that. And until you get that feedback of like, holy crap, so many people have gone through this, it does feel like it's just you. Yeah, but it's also the whole pain shared is pain lessened, yea. And not only are you helping them, I would imagine just to a certain extent, it helps you out as well.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it lessens that again, like you said, that feeling of being alone and like just that's the solitude of it all. I think the thing people don't really discuss all that much is how.
Speaker 4: Lonely it can be to.
Speaker 5: Be ill in a way that other people don't really understand, you know. And it's how duly lonely it is to also be a new mom and I was going through both at the same time. So I just felt just like just this abysmal loneliness. But it wasn't all for not because you know, I think I was a little misanthropic before I got sick.
Speaker 4: I was kind of getting to a point where I was like, I've met enough people.
Speaker 5: I don't need to meet anyone else ever.
Speaker 4: Again, I've met enough people for the rest of my life.
Speaker 5: And I was kind of becoming like a little introverted in a way that was kind of foreign to me. And then spending all that time, you know, home dealing with my health. As soon as I kind of got the clear and like the go ahead that I was doing well enough to get back out there and do everything again, I was just walking around just wanting to talk to everyone and meet everyone, and just like you know, absolutely fresh perspective on life. And I'm hesitant to say everything happens for a reason because I feel like there's a lot of people who have been through some really terrible things who don't want to hear that because they're like the reason I went through this suffering.
Speaker 4: Of this grief.
Speaker 5: But for me personally, I'm grateful in a way that I've had this experience because I like the person that I've turned out to be as a result of it a lot better than the version that I was on track to be coming beforehand.
Speaker 4: That's so I'm grateful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a very incredible statement, and all of this just thinking about it. You know, you're a new mom, obviously, your celebrity, millions of people looking at you every day all the time, and they probably think everything's just perfect. Sure, like no matter what happens, she's gonna be good. She has this amazing life. Which makes me think about your rendition of lucky because what you see is not always what is going on, and people feel like they have this right to you and they build these parasocial relationships that you're.
Speaker 4: Like, what, totally I didn't know.
Speaker 2: And also when you're sick, everybody comes other woods like they're a Google doctor to let you know what's happening. I'm like, oh, please stop. But when you were working on Lucky, how relatable was that to you?
Speaker 5: I mean, I was had the song stuck in my head for weeks before I decided to interpolate it. And you know, I'm one of those people where like I'll catch myself singing a song under my breath and it's like it's like relatable to what's.
Speaker 4: Going on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like for example, like you know, I'll be like with my my partner and I'll be like coming up the stairs and I'll like look at him and for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: I'll just being like we belong to get.
Speaker 5: Like you know, it's like why is Mariah in my head? And it's so cool because I love you, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I always get these like.
Speaker 5: Songs, and Lucky was coming up a lot in that time, you know, because I was still in treatment while I made the album, and so I was thinking about a lot, going from treatment to the studio or like, you know, having kind of this double life a little bit, you know, I was, I really was like leading this this double life in a way. And the song was just so specifically poignant, and it's funny. It's the reverse of what I was just talking about, where it felt like that song was for me, you know, the way like some of my fans say they feel that way about my songs and so beautiful about music and being a musician and also being a fan of other musicians. You know, it's getting to have both sides of the experience. But I think that, you know, Lucky was the first song that I ever heard from a pop star. I think Lucky might have been one of the first moments where in my life, because I was like five or six when it came out, you know, where I really learned how to empathize with like a celebrity, you know, yeah, like the people. I was just talking about this with a friend this morning. You know, I was at the age where I was like, the people in the TV come on the TV when I turn it on, and then they go to sleep when I shut it off, or like, oh, if I hear you know, if I hear Destiny's Child on the radio, they're singing it right now while for me while I'm listening to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I had really definitely like a sort of detached view of what was going on in like media. I didn't really understand what media was. And then when I heard Lucky for.
Speaker 5: The first time, I was so young, and I remember I think that was the moment where I was like, oh, like she goes home, is she all by herself?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Like does she do you think she ever has a bad day? Or like, you know, maybe her mom yells at her because her room's not clean. Because I'm five or six, I mean, That's what I'm thinking of, and like she gets sad, or she nobody comes to her birthday party, or like, you know, I start thinking about this person in the media in a way that's really teaching me how to empathize in this way. It was really affecting, and I was thinking about it so much when I was kind of in a space where I was like so desperate for.
Speaker 4: Empathy but unsure how to go about getting it, you know.
Speaker 5: So it felt like the song's already perfect, but I wanted to incorporate it into my musical journey just because of how much, like how much I loved it and how connected to it I was.
Speaker 2: I feel you on that. I love that song, and I love that Britney Spears is what made you realize that celebrities are human? Crazy, right, because you talk about a journey.
Speaker 4: That way she's been.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: The thing unfortunately with Brittany, though, is that you know, for so long now, she's been at the epicenter of can we treat celebrities like humans?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: And uh, that's you know, it's a battle she's still fighting, you know, and maybe is the unwilling representative of and like, yeah, I just kind of wanted to honor her and honor that experience and my experience all wrapped up into one hot pink you.
Speaker 4: Know, little little bubble wrapped gift.
Speaker 2: Solid color. Have the two of you talked about this at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've talked.
Speaker 6: She was so supportive at the gate, which really surprised me because I thought it was gonna take some convincing because I didn't think she knew who I was, you know, so when you know, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't just reach out to her cold, because what do you do? You don't just reach out to Britney Spears.
Speaker 2: That's I was wondering, like, how does that even work? Isn't a celebrity phone book that we don't know about?
Speaker 4: No, there's not that that would be psychotic like I would never. I was like, way, way too afraid.
Speaker 5: So like, you know, it was kind of like, hey, I wrote this really long letter first, is the first thing that I did, just talking about her and how much I love her in the song and you know what i'd been going through and what it meant to me, and just like you know, i'd also just read I'd become a single mom, you know, so I really related to her in that way as well, and I kind of wrote it just being like I don't even know she's gonna read this, you know, And she did. And then I remember getting the call that was like you can use the song. She loves it, And I was just like is this happening right? Like this is crazy. I was just like chopped. Yeah, it was a really full circle moment from six year old media.
Speaker 2: So when you say you wrote a letter, was it like a penned letter? Did you send a DM.
Speaker 4: No, I'd tell you I typed it up. I typed it out. Yeah, yeah, but it was like four paragraphs long. It was a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was trying not to info dump on Britney spears.
Speaker 5: I was like, how do I keep this short, and I have thirty years of wanting to talk.
Speaker 2: Right like five or six year old. You even think there's gonna come a moment in my life where I'm gonna be questioning if I should info down on Britney Spears because I'm trying to use her song in my own massive, amazing career.
Speaker 4: Literally, not a chance. I would have been crazy suspected.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially not me, like sitting my grandparents down in the living room and making them watch me do like my dance routines.
Speaker 4: Then I made up to a Britney song.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm really excited about this album. I personally cannot wait to hear it because I feel like it's going to probably speak to me in a lot of ways, just based on the conversation we've had today.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry in advance. Really, there's a couple. There's a couple tear drinkers on there.
Speaker 3: Cry.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, yeah, maybe, like, don't listen to it if you're like about to walk into work or something like that, you might need a minute.
Speaker 2: There's a couple on the they love to start the morning show.
Speaker 3: It's here.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be like, hi, sorry, I'm fine, everything's good.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite song on the album? Are they all your babies?
Speaker 5: I think they're all my babies. They're all so different, Yeah, they're all so different. The one song in particular, I'm not ready to say the name of yet, but you'll know it as soon as you hear it. It's like this really stripped down piano ballad and it's just me playing piano and singing. It's really intimate, and it is by far. I think it's the best song I've ever written and simultaneously the saddest song I've ever made ever. And when I hear I've heard it a hundred times, obviously, I still cry every time I hear it.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, Okay, Yeah, I'm gonna think about this, yeah, and probably send you a DM that you're never gonna.
Speaker 4: Write about this, so sorry.
Speaker 2: Well October twenty fifth the album, Yes, it's the great impersonator already the song ego. Yeah, and we love it. Thank you so much for stopping.
Speaker 4: By, my God, thanks for having me, thank you time back, thank you.
Speaker 2: And there she was Halsey, whose name is Ashley Halsey, is an anagram. In case you didn't know, it, and here goes Andrew just fucking round with the microphone.
Speaker 1: No, no, it works better this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that. But do you see the what you did? Do you see that waveform right there?
Speaker 1: Sorry for the waveform.
Speaker 2: People listening anyway, I feel like there's so much stuff to talk about. First of all, you know, Josh and Andrew are like living together for the next how much longer? Like another week? Yeah, and it's been two or one one week then one week, we have one week left. How's that going?
Speaker 1: It's going well. I have no complaints.
Speaker 7: We used to live together anyway, so it's like now it's just unfortunately not in another bedroom. It's just on the living room couch, so you know it's a little different.
Speaker 2: One bathroom. Yep, that'd be a problem for me.
Speaker 7: I mean I feel like with guys, it's really not much. You don't really carry care if you guys blow it up. I mean not really, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: It's not anything else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's not really too bad. I would say it's not too bad yet.
Speaker 2: Who's worse? You or Josh?
Speaker 1: I try and do my business here?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You kidding me?
Speaker 7: I go like once a day maybe twice if I'm feeling like I drink enough water. But I'm hearing from like seven until two three o'clock, So you don't.
Speaker 2: Your own apartment, I do, just not when Josh is there.
Speaker 1: Just like in the morning, I usually am here. In the afternoon, I'm usually here.
Speaker 7: Like it's most maybe if there's one more, it's I do it at home. But I mean I prefer doing it at home anyway, because I have my tushy. Yeah, and those things like I just feel so unhygienic now that I use one, which diamond you should also be using.
Speaker 1: Not to pivot, but.
Speaker 2: This conversation again, we had, we had a whole long combo about this because you, Josh, myself, we all have a tushy. Diamond says she thinks they're disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yes, but also I'm not gonna let Andrew change the topic of this conversation just yet. You mean to tell me that you're letting this man make you feel uncomfortable in your own home to the point where you can't take a shit in peace?
Speaker 1: No, I hent work.
Speaker 3: You come and terrorize our bathroom.
Speaker 1: Well it's the ten floors bathroom, not ours. There are people there, Yeah, but there's like not too many.
Speaker 7: But no, I will go at home. It's just I don't feel the need to go as much at home. But that's just in general for me too.
Speaker 2: Has Josh literally scared the shit out of you?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, well maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I think something that we learned on our trip was that we in our little foursome have two sets of like poopers. Yeah, the ones who will leave the common shared area and the ones who don't care, which I have actually much more impressed by same. The ones who don't care same. I wish I cared less so many. Andrew said he had a trick. I tried it once. I don't really know if it worked where he puts lotion no shampoo on toilet paper and then throws it into the toilet, and he says that that always works to like dissipate the smell matches actually always.
Speaker 1: Work always, guys. Well, you know, I'm not really caring matches too much.
Speaker 2: Usually I do.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not.
Speaker 7: So, but the toilet papaper on the shampoo or the shampoo on the toilet paper trick usually does work.
Speaker 1: But you gotta lather her up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Lather up the toilet paper with shampoo and just leave it in.
Speaker 7: Not too much, though, because you'll get bubbles that form and then that it's even more embarrassing.
Speaker 1: If someone walked in and would be like, why is there so many bubbles in the.
Speaker 2: Toilet, Well, I wouldn't care. I'd be like, because I was trying to help you out there. Yeah, Diamond has something to say, and I can say it on her face.
Speaker 3: No, I just I don't understand why we go so hard about pooping. Everybody does it water electrocs.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 2: I told you something's going on here.
Speaker 3: That's just like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, hit or just threw all the water on the floor. Something that's wrong with this man.
Speaker 3: But also like if I gotta let it out, I gotta let it out.
Speaker 4: I try to get away from people, but if I.
Speaker 3: Can't, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Okay, let it out people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think anyone. Wait, did anyone give you crap about crapping?
Speaker 7: We actually commended you for being like just free and bold to do what is in to.
Speaker 1: Do your do do.
Speaker 2: But on the actual trip, did any of us give a crap about it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, not at all. She never blew it up that bad.
Speaker 4: I don't think it poop around you guys.
Speaker 2: I don't think I remember yeah her, but I do distinctly remember. I don't know if it was you or if it was Josh. The day that we thought the keys were gone and I walked into your place, somebody had shitted. It was not me, Okay, it was probably Josh. Josh only eats beans now, so I was like, damn, these guys don't give a fuck. That's fine, we've lost the keys. We'll find them.
Speaker 1: And then, like I said, they were with Diamond, So I win.
Speaker 2: Diamond had a really tough day that day. Yeah, really tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, why do we keep bringing this day up?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was a day. I want to go back so bad. I wish we had like another week. Now that we've been home for a couple of weeks, I want to go do another week.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Diamond is like, m absolutely not. Diamond is preparing for something fabulous. What's happening for you this weekend?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm turning thirty.
Speaker 2: She's like grown up, she's an adults. What are you doing for your thirtieth I'm going to a wellness retreat.
Speaker 3: In Arizona.
Speaker 2: Soona, No Phoenix, Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm very, very very excited.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be a solo trip.
Speaker 3: But then my sister booked a ticket, my friends got a room, and so we're just I'm just gonna make them do everything that I want to do. So we're going to make hats, like custom trucker hats, which is really cool. Then we're going to a baseball game, and then we're going to oh football game. Wow, and yeah, so we're doing everything that I want.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's how it would go whether it was your birthday or not. Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: So the princess doesn't get her way.
Speaker 2: The Lady death protest too much? That was too many notes.
Speaker 3: I get my way in my life. Nobody else has to give me their way in theirs.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know, like I'm to do what I want to do.
Speaker 1: Can I say how I think this was proposition? Shut up?
Speaker 2: I want to hear it.
Speaker 7: I think it happened this way. I'm going on a solo trip, don't join me. Hey, Diamond, at your thirtieth birthday, are you really going to Arizona by yourself?
Speaker 1: Yes? On a solo trip, but don't come. But here's the itinerary.
Speaker 7: People joined, and then you were like, here are the activities that I want to do. You either come or you don't want to come on these activities. Then everyone's like, so you want us to come and then go on these activities. And then you were like, fine, my solo trip was crashed, but now everyone's doing the things I want and coming on the trip with me.
Speaker 2: Is that how it happened?
Speaker 1: Oh not really?
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 1: You? Hospital? Braceleted it?
Speaker 2: Going away alone for my birthday? Asked me, no question, Now, don't ask me what I'm doing for shut up.
Speaker 4: So it was.
Speaker 3: Lower the zone, thank you. First of all, I'm going through a traumatic experience. My eye is itching. I think I'm allergic to the lashes that I got, So it's itching. It's itching very badly. I can't think of a comeback for you, but it's coming anyway. Yeah, no, yeah, I really don't understand why it's it's just so bad right now. But can't you see probably a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of that got in your eye right there?
Speaker 3: You don't see it? Oh good, okay, great, anyway, what what were we talking about?
Speaker 2: See how did this trip, the solo trip transpire and change from a solo trip to a friend's trip where they're all doing exactly what you want?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So on her birthday, on her birthday, Yeah, anyway, So I wanted to go to the Caribbean or something and be by a beach. I thought that really cute. No, that was with people, okay. But then when I realized that a lot of the which shut up. Then when I realized that a lot of the islands, like the resorts on the islands that I wanted to go to close for maintenance around this time of the year, yeah, like certain ones, I was like, oh, well, okay, then I'll just go to Arizona because I had wanted to do a solo trip to uh a specific place, okay, for a wellness trip whatever, Okay, cool. So I told my friends, you guys don't have to come, because like, who wants to go to Arizona with me? Like, it's not that big of avidea gonna but you know it's hot there right now, right, I know? Okahich is why I'm like, you know, no pressure, because like whatever. So I started planning it as a solo trip because I didn't want to force anybody to go to Arizona, especially people who wanted to go to a beach in the first place. And then my sister was like, no, you're not going alone. Great, so it was gonna be me and my sister. And then my best friends are like, no, we're coming to You're turning thirty, so what's the shade? And then my thing is like, if I'm going out there, I'm doing what I want. And it's my birthday, so we're doing what I want if you're coming, and that's it, okay, so shut your mouth, you filthy animals.
Speaker 1: So everything I said right.
Speaker 3: Is this how Virgo season is gonna go for the rest of the month. That's what I want to know. You know, we're celebrating until October twelfth. Now when you're saying we, who does that include everyone?
Speaker 2: And Andrew and me have to celebrate if you want to fuck out of here, people do not celebrate my birthday for a month. I barely get like a day you get born close to Christmas. No one gives half a fuck. Whose fault is that that I was born?
Speaker 3: No that nobody? You have to tell people we're still celebrating my birthday.
Speaker 4: And that's it.
Speaker 2: No, because you know the one thing I refuse to do, make people celebrate. The people want to celebrate me, they will, and if they don't, I know where they stand.
Speaker 7: And this is why the Universal Birthing Day of Celebration aka UBDOC will be the best holiday ever. It's the middle.
Speaker 2: Of the year. What the fuck are you talking about.
Speaker 7: I have a holiday that I am starting with a couple of friends. It's called UBDOC, a Universal Birthing Day of Celebration. Birthdays such a pain, right, this is where you guys go, right, Yeah, So with UBDOC, or the Universal Birthing Day of Celebration, you celebrate with everybody. It's everybody's birthday and the middle of the year, it's it's a floating holiday.
Speaker 1: So it's always.
Speaker 7: The last Saturday of June because that's pretty much the middle of the year and everybody's birthday is celebrated.
Speaker 2: No, this is terrible.
Speaker 1: No, it's your birthday, it's your birthday, it's my birthday.
Speaker 2: You're celebrating everybody, So you're celebrating nobody.
Speaker 7: Well that's the point, everybody, it's universal. We all are torate because birthday celebrations are stressful.
Speaker 1: As you can see here, Diamond wanted to go on a.
Speaker 7: Solo trip alone and people talk to join, and then all of a sudden everyone joined.
Speaker 1: It's just there's so much stress.
Speaker 7: What if there's just one day where you could celebrate your birthday with everybody and it's all a fun celebration and then you.
Speaker 1: Just this sound when it comes to your birthday, we can celebrate it. We can't, I mean we did all.
Speaker 2: This is very like dystopian society. Nobody has joy anymore. There's no color in the world. Everyone is just the exact same. No birthday celebrated, no holidays are celebrated. Oh my god, you're like a communist.
Speaker 7: Birthdays are celebrated. You could celebrate your own birthday still. It's just this is the one day where if just say, you, guys, ever wanted to have a joint birthday party, but you're is in December and hers is in September, you can now because it's Updoc.
Speaker 3: Why would I want to have a joint birthday party with someone who isn't even close to me in like birthdays? That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: That's also a completely different party.
Speaker 2: Then we're also talking to a guy who's had like multiple surprise parties and loved them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and claimed that I had one thing. Please you planned it yourself.
Speaker 1: Wait, I only had one surprise birthday party. Yeah, sure, yeah, I only had one.
Speaker 2: Nobody did anything for you when he turned thirty. No, I know it was a COVID birthday, but I specifically remember text messages going out about surprising you.
Speaker 1: It was a video. It was a video surprise, And no, you sent me to videos.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: I still watch that for a nice little cheer up.
Speaker 7: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you this about those videos.
Speaker 1: Oh has your solo trip babes.
Speaker 2: And they're off. I sent somebody else who is part of our show a video for their birthday. I tell you it caused all the problems in the world. I wish we could talk about it. One of these days, we're going to be able to talk about it. But until then, just know I sent a video that I thought made me look hideous and ridiculous and disgusting and not even like a human being. I look like a creature. And the person's significant other took that hideous video as me trying to make sexual advances at the person I was gonna leave it there. You all saw the video? Yes, was there anything sexual about it?
Speaker 1: Nothing whatsoever? In fact, I laugh about it to this day.
Speaker 2: One of these days supposed to be able to talk about it and what happened as a result, And where we all are today is people because of that video cannot wait and some other things. But until then, where can they find you online?
Speaker 1: Andrew at Andrew Pug.
Speaker 3: Did at Diamond Sincere, I'm.
Speaker 2: At Baby Hot Sauce. Andrew? Are you still over ten thousand?
Speaker 1: I'm ten point one now? O?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, should we be.
Speaker 7: Following you this weekend for your eat pray LOVEX? Oh wait, no, you're not going alone?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well happy.
Speaker 3: Today, DOMI You're gonna take this In this new year of life that I'm entering, I've realized that I'm not going to argue with losers.
Speaker 1: You know is that you didn't need a solo trip to figure it out. I love that for.
Speaker 3: You, and I'm so happy that you're so witty today. Okay, your forehead shut.
Speaker 4: Up here next time.
Speaker 2: But until then, everyone's say bye bye