Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Team.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Buck Brief. Tnalo Desher is with us. Now, congratulations getting married. I met your husband. Fantastic guy. Haven't spoken to you since the nuptials, so good to see you.
Speaker 1: She is a.
Speaker 2: Columnist at the DC Examiner. And Tina, you're a woman. So we can answer that question that Matt Walsh asked as a documentary what is a woman? Tianeloe is a woman. For example, Kamala Harris also a woman. And I bring this up not the smoothest transition in the world, but I bring this up because the Democrats seem to think that Kamala will win with women and therefore win the whole thing. What do you see in that? What are the polls tell us? Make it all make sense?
Speaker 3: So any generic Democrat against Trump is going to perform well with women Historically speaking, you know, Trump loses women, Democrats gain them. Kamala Harris specifically is a woman, and she's a younger woman at that, even though she's turning sixty, that counts as young in politics because we've been dealing with octagenarians with strokes and heart attacks.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, her margin with women is not over compensating for the fact book.
Speaker 3: She's running so far behind what Biden performed in twenty twenty with both black voters and young voters. Right, you would think her being black, herbing Asian, herbing young would.
Speaker 4: Mean something when it comes to these polls.
Speaker 3: But pull after poll is showing Trump getting close to about twenty percent of the black vote by some estimation, including in those five way races where you include an RFKJ and all of that twenty percent would mark the single best Republican performance with black voters since Nixon in nineteen sixty. With young voters, it's also, you know, Trump only god, I think thirty five percent of voters under thirty in twenty twenty, and now you see him polling where you know, Morning Consult poll just came out calm Olia Harris like forty seven percent with voters eighteen to thirty four. Trump was like forty three percent. So even if let's say Kamal Harris decides to quadruple down on the Democrats only winning issue abortion, let's say that continue to lie and say that Trump is going to be Handmaid's Tale dictator Project twenty twenty five, even though he's not responsible for that at all, even and as you and I know is like pro lifers, Trump's much more moderate than really most of the party establishment on that issue.
Speaker 4: Even if she maximizes that.
Speaker 3: Female turnout, including with non white women, including with you know, non college educated women, I think that closing of the racial gap might just be too much to compensate because that's been the Democratic bread and butter for forty fifty years you can't get rid of. I mean, if the Hispanic vote is now a fifty to fifty draw, that's you know, likely a Trump win. If you were talking Trump getting in the double digits with black voters, not even twenty percent. Let's say, you know, let's say he performed with black voters overall the same way he performed with black men in twenty twenty twelve percent.
Speaker 4: That destroys the Democratic coalition for a generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Clay and I have a bet over this.
Speaker 2: By the way, he thinks that the black vote will be for a black mail vote will be twenty five percent for Trump, And I told him, I think that's high.
Speaker 1: But I would love I'd love to see it. I like where his head's at. Kabla.
Speaker 2: On the issues, I think everyone who's on the right, nos, you're gonna go after on saying that she would ban fracking in some ways, that actually may be the craziest thing that she has said to me, just because it is so objectively insane. I mean, if there were a federal ban on fracking, you would overnight eliminate sixty percent of US oil production. Sixty That would not just make the price of gas and everything else, by the way go up, it would cause depression. I mean, the the the economic gramification and the fact that she says this and things that it's smart is because she knows nothing about fossil fuels, the economy, energy industry, anything. But on the personal stuff, it's really interesting. I feel like there's a there's an internal debate on the right, and I think it's happening within the campaign the Trump campaign too, as to do they go after the fact that Kamala Harris elevated herself as a woman by attaching herself romantically to powerful men. I mean, you know the Willy Brown story. I think a lot of people know the Willy Brown story. Do you think that that is fair game? Or is that an invitation for a backfire on the right on Trump?
Speaker 3: In this election, I'm gonna say so many things that will make so many different people mad. So Kamala Harris's relationship with Willy Brown, I've studied it a lot back when she was, you know, just running for Senate. Kamala Harris has never been a terribly popular politician, even with in her home state. She ran in twenty ten, her first statewide election as AG she won by under one percent compared to like Gavin Newsom who was running for a lieutenant governor and Jerry Brown for governor, who both won by.
Speaker 4: Like over ten points. So she's never been that popular. The Willie Brown.
Speaker 3: Thing absolutely did give her her start, right, But then again, Gavin Newsom also got to start from the Getty family, So everyone in California basically has a patron. If you're going to get to that level in politics, it's not a clean state. If Kamala Harris were running against Mitt Romney, if she if she were running against J. D Vance, you know, and jd Vance was the top of the ticket, I would say, sure, why not? But the fact is this is Trump, who, like for all of his virtues, does not have the cleanest marital record and when it comes to fidelity and monogamy within the bounds of matrimony.
Speaker 4: But the real reason I wouldn't lead.
Speaker 3: With it is because kamala Is positions are terrible enough on their own. You know, the fracking thing, Yes, that's insane, it's like, but literally, off the top of my head, off the top of my head, the fifth most insane thing she said more insane than that is she said that she'd be willing to ban all private health insurance. She was an original co sponsor of the Green New Deal that would not just ban fracking but also nationalize the entire energy industry.
Speaker 4: And the entire health sectors. That's like thirty percent of the US economy.
Speaker 3: Let's see the Kavanaugh conspiracy theories that she pushed, which to this day she never explained half of her line of questioning. And yet like that's how she went viral. Okay, So that's that's that's just three off the top of my head. There's no reason to go after her in if you want to point out, this is someone that is not electable, This is someone who was never if you can't be popular in the Indigo blue state of California, and GovTrack showed.
Speaker 4: That she was.
Speaker 3: She had a more liberal left wing voting record than Bernie Sanders when she was in the Senate. This is not someone that you know. You and I talked to Republican elected officials and sometimes they won't go on the record with it, but they'll say for this entire presidency, if they wanted to get anything done. You know, historically the vice president's job is to jockey those Senate votes. They are the president of the Senate, and also historically speaking, they get pulled from Congress. You know, even though like Pence was great at whipping votes. Joe Biden, that's part of the reason why he was picked for Barack Obama. That's why I want to call, you know, Barack Obama, Professor Obama. Joe Biden would go whip the votes and get the bill done. Kamina Harrison can't do any of that because she doesn't she doesn't have that bone in her body to try and work with Republicans. She, like her boss, is very much a weather vane, is very much you know, girls taken more positions than the Kama Sutra. So you know, the Willie Brown stuff, it's more corruption question than a sexual morality.
Speaker 4: Question, right. You know, the defense Willie.
Speaker 3: Brown has always made is he and his wife were separated at the time. Who doesn't get their girlfriend, you know, a BMW and a one hundred and twenty thousand dollars government stipend to be on a board.
Speaker 4: This is just normal stuff, right, But it's really a corruption question, That's what matters.
Speaker 2: I want to come back here and I want you to answer, or not an answer, but dive into something else for me. Gavin Newsom, you're a Californian. For those who don't know, Tina and I go back some years, so I know that she grew up in the Golden State, and you're in the Bay Area too, right, not even like the southern part of the state, which to me is less insane.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I I was Orange County, Orange Okay, okay, yeah, that's my favorite part of the state. But the rest of California, well all of California think has some issues. Gavin Newsom is now going to have to order the encampments, the homeless encampments or whatever the vagrant ten things to be cleaned. We're going to get into that one second, but you know, first up, from our sponsor, Birch Gold, I want to tell you if you had a million dollars in two thousand and nine today, it would be worth less than seven hundred thousand. That's the effect that out of control government spending has on the dollars you put in a bank account. We're almost a thirty five trillion dollars in debt. That seems like a lot of money to me. They're debasing the dollars that you have.
Speaker 1: What can you do about this? Well?
Speaker 2: Gold has with stirred economic downturns, including inflation, for thousands of years, and the company that I helped to trust you diversify into gold is the Birch Gold Group. For over twenty years, Birch Gold has helped concern Americans convert an existing IRA or four oh one k into a tax sheltered IRA in physical gold. The best part, it doesn't cost you a penny out of pocket, a plus rating from the Better Business Bureau, tens of thousands of happy customers. You can trust Birch Gold too. Learn more. Text the word buck to nine eight nine eight nine eight get a free no obligation infoKit on gold. That's buck to nine eight nine eight nine eight protect your heart savings today. So Gavin Newsom has to order the cleanup of the encampments. Shouldn't this be a good thing? Like why aren't all Democrats celebrating that they like living next to homss insanity in California.
Speaker 1: It's not a good thing.
Speaker 4: Reality is just slapping them in the face.
Speaker 3: That's the first item that's making me think that he wants to be Kamala Harris's VP, which she would never do, because how does Newsome encourage you know, the russ Belt vote or the sun Belt vote. But it's a sign that there's someone that maybe is confidence in the electoral future of the Democratic Party. Look but my theory when they got Biden out and immediately endorsed Harris, my initial theory.
Speaker 4: Was she's gonna be the fall guy.
Speaker 3: Gretchen Whitmer, you know, any of these guys that have a future in potentially twenty twenty eight, they would rather have Harris lose to Trump. Trump's a one term lame duck anyway, and then try and get the easier race of twenty two. But the fact that you have someone as radically left as Newsome, because again Newsom is not a moderate.
Speaker 4: Newsom is incredibly left wing.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at the numbers today the California bill that basically banned gig workers, banned uber drivers and forces them to be be classified as W two employees. It led to something like almost ten percent decrease in full in overall employment in the industries that it regulated, right truckers, translators, screenwriters for hire. And so that Newsom's backtracking on that record and cleaning up the encampments, it's like, fuck, It's like the same thing is when like the military starts cutting ads with like masculine, manly white men after you know, years of the Rainbow flag and women, and you know, Charlie's Thererence Like it's it's they realize they're losing.
Speaker 4: They need to They all they're all racing.
Speaker 3: To have some sort of as to soldier moment, and really the solution for Democrats at least they could try and do it would be plucked Josh Shapiro as a running mate for Harris. But I genuinely think the party is probably institutionally too antisemitic to do it.
Speaker 2: I hope I'm wrong, But I did think it was interesting that Democrats immediately really came forward. It seemed to me to say, well, hold on a second on that whole Joshapiro thing, like maybe our base won't go for that. It's like, well, what are you saying there, Democrats? That felt like saying the quiet part out loud a little bit. I know it's not There are a lot of Jews who vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 2: I think a majority again in this election will end up voting Democrat.
Speaker 1: I have no illusions about that.
Speaker 2: But there's a good that squad, you know, left wing portion of the Democrat base. There's a lot of anti Semitism, so much so that I think that they worry about having an orthodox Jewish vice president.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden ran because of the Charlottesville rally in twenty seventeen, the neo Nazi rally, and because they all can't stop promulgating the very fine people on both sides lie, right, we know it's a lie. They keep on repeating it anyway, But he ran specifically because that one day. Since October seventh, we have had a Charlottesville every single weekend, sometimes multiple times a week. Every top one hundred university campus in America has had a Charlottesville has had an encampment yesterday in Union Station, like walking distance from my old studio apartment in DC, defaced with hamas destroying the Columbus statue and National Park Police. That's that's federal jurisdiction, right, that's not even local police. So you can't even punt that and say oh, this is You can't even punt that and say, oh, that's Mayor Bowser's fault. No, that's Biden administration. And there weren't any arrests. We have a we have a sh Charlottesville every week. And look, I think you know that I have been incredibly critical of President Trump and specifically the handling of you know, after the twenty twenty election. January sixth was a couple of weeks leading into it and then one really bad day and since then people have rightly paid hell for it. The election coup that we've had going on has been four years, four years of concealing the president's condition, which is obviously like deteriorating. Let's be real that debate, that was a mental incident, that was a medical emergency that we saw. Then they after a primary where they canceled two state primaries where they blocked all other candidates from being named on another eight states, disenfranchising a fifth of their own voters. They then replace that candidate with a candidate that has never won a single primary vote.
Speaker 4: Not in twenty twenty, not in twenty twenty four. And so when you see now them.
Speaker 3: Pan, I can realize, oh, the tail wags the dog. It's like, you can disenfranchise your entire voting base for four years, try and disenfranchise the right by fighting to try and put Trump in prison or take him off the ballot, which thank god the Supreme Court stopped. But you can't stand up to the base and condemn the anti semitism. You can't stand up to the base and risk appointing a Jewish Man as you're running mate. It's it's I would at that rate, it's just complicity in the anti semitism. And look, we all know on the right we also have fringe alt right figures that I think that are not platformed.
Speaker 4: In the same way that you have cheated to leave.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say, you don't have Republican members of Congress who Republicans are like, hey, look that guy that Republican congressman may be a huge anti semi but like he's got some other good ideas, like that the left that is real. That is that is a real thing. We'll come back here and close out with Tienna and second, but you know, a good friend of mine is Porter Stansbury. I've known him for a decade. He founded an incredible financial research company. It's very successful, went public and does hundreds of millions of revenue a year. But Porter pays himself one dollar. He's a chairman, he's the CEO, pays him half a dollar. Why does he do that? Well, he thinks that you should know about it because it has to do with what he calls a secret currency, a secret currency that he believes you could benefit from as well. Porter says that this is a way that a lot of people are making a ton of money, and it's the way that you should learn how to get paid too.
Speaker 1: It's not crypto, it's not gold.
Speaker 2: Trust me when I tell you want to check out Porter's latest detailed presentation, Goot a Secret Currency twenty twenty four dot com. He details how to protect and grow your wealth in the years to come using America's new money I don't think you'll see this talked about this way anywhere else. Go check out brilliant economist Porter Stansbury's take on how you should get paid secret currency twenty twenty four. Dot com is the website, Tina, you know what, this will be fun because, uh what we can either pretend like this never happened, or we can have you back and say you're a genius.
Speaker 1: Who's going to win this presidential election?
Speaker 4: I mean Trump? I yeah, Trump.
Speaker 3: I think Democrats are basically in the position they were before the debate, which, as you might recall, was still not good. Great Biden only agreed to the debate because he knew he was losing.
Speaker 2: So the coup hasn't solved all their problems. That's delusional in your mind, right, the Kamala coup.
Speaker 3: It's it's the case for Trump isn't about Trump, and the case for Kamala or the case against Kamala isn't about her as a person. It is the fact that prices are up twenty percent since the start of the Biden Harris administration, that real average weekly wages are down five percent, that we've had ten million people cross the border for border crossings, that have about quadrupled on average. And uh, it's the fact that the entire world's on fire, you know, for whatever Trump said bad things, but we all know it was a lot more the world was a lot more stable when he was in office.
Speaker 1: TNLO.
Speaker 2: Everybody, DC Examiner, Go, Rito, Litters, Collins, follow her on Twitter. It's spelled t I A N A. I'm like the only person who pronounces her name correctly. I'm just saying, I'm just saying true. I am like the only one, and I was.
Speaker 1: I was an.
Speaker 2: Early early supporter. Look look how great she is with the analysis and everything else. Before everybody knew. I was like TNLO, she's gonna be great, probably gonna probably gonna be amazing. And now she's married to a fantastic guy, writing her columns, doing the TV, doing the wonderful things. I am so happy to see all of your success. And uh, let's talk again soon. Come back on the podcast soon.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's been far too long. And thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Buck, give the hubs my regards. Good to see you.
Speaker 4: Thank you