Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys training live from Dallas Cowboys training Camp in Oxnard, calif.
Speaker 5: Six second, let's dot Tison Texdown.
Speaker 3: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: Welcome the Talking Cowboys live from training camp in Oxnard, California. It is the final Talking Cowboys from training camp in Oxnard, California at twenty twenty four. Thank you all, Thank you all for tuning in, Thank you for listening. We really appreciate you. We're happy to be here, uh for the final time this year.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, three days Texas, we're coming home.
Speaker 6: We're coming home to one hundred plus degree whether no, it's more than welcome.
Speaker 5: Heat wave is supposed to break on Thursday day that we get there.
Speaker 1: It'll be because we're coming back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll be a chilly ninety eight degrees when we get back to.
Speaker 6: Speaking of chill, I am here with Clarence hill On before we start telegram.
Speaker 3: I am here.
Speaker 6: I'm here with Patrick Walker, a voice of the Star. I am your host, Josh W. Rodriguez on.
Speaker 1: We are here.
Speaker 6: We're talking Cowboys literally and figuratively.
Speaker 7: Let's go news and notes. Patrick No see Walker.
Speaker 5: All right, So, first of all, to confirm for everyone, Carl Lawson has officially signed to the Cowboys. He is officially on the roster. Cowboys do have a full padded practice today. Carl Lawston is expected to participate, but we will I'm sorry, we have a mott game today.
Speaker 1: We have a mock game. See three days, I'm coming home days.
Speaker 7: You know what, good break, Give us a break.
Speaker 1: Cowboys have a mock game today. Raiders, Oh that's cold. Bless their hearts.
Speaker 5: He's expected to participate in the mock game, which is essentially a walkthrough for the Cowboys. But we will speak with head coach Mike McCarthy uh this afternoon in a few hours to confirm if that's going to be the case. Fullp had a practice will resume on tomorrow, which is going to be Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's Tuesday or tomorrow, I think.
Speaker 5: Corresponding move Earl Bostic offensive linemen offensive tackle specifically will be moved to IR ahead of roster cutdowns. He will unfortunately join Chilma Idoga the other Cowboys backup tackle on IR Cowboys as a reminder, signed Cole Cabron, and Cole Cabron was on the field against the Raiders. Didn't look half bad for a guy that had just gotten here, and nor did Jordan Phillips, who looked really good for a guy who got here two days before. He took the field headline. Obviously, over the weekend, Mazzie Smith. Mazzie Smith suffered an allergic reaction on what would have been his travel day, the team's travel day to Las Vegas, UH. It required treatment, transportation to the hospital, follow up reevaluation. On Saturday morning, he was unable to travel. He was held back here in Oxnar for medical reasons not cleared. And we will get an update from Micha McCarthy again when we speak to him today on the status of Mazzie Smith. But I'm told that he is doing better. He's making progress, which is the good news. But we'll see if he participates in today's Mott game or tomorrow's full padded practice.
Speaker 3: In the bottom line is, once he was left back, he was never coming. The Cowboy just didn't want to say it. Certainly they were being conscious and from a pr standpoint.
Speaker 1: You have to do that, but it may be a little optimistic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but yeah, holding out hope.
Speaker 3: He was in he was in the hospital for four hours. Okay, he had an EpiPen. I mean, there's there's you know, they just they just didn't want to you know, obviously they gonna piece build information. But there was no way he was coming fly toy Man Saturday morning for a preseas again, there was no point. Yeah, you know, what he had gone through, that experience, had gone through, that was way was coming. The good news is he is feeling better. The Cowboys optimistic, you know, obviously he'll make a full recovery from you again, from whatever it was was a leergic reaction. We don't really know the severity of whatever else. And and and so now just on the process. We gotta do the reconditioning, We gotta do all of that, you know, getting back and getting ready to go for the start of the season. But you know, you Alma's working by Jordan Phillips, who just got here, and certainly he's a veteran, he knows the scheme. I don't know how much he would have played if Mozzy would have been out there. Certainly talked to the Cowboys. He probably would have played anyway, but he played more than expected that I think he started the game. Uh, certainly because mozz wasn't there that you know, they wanted Mozi to play, but for a veteran no practice time with the Cowboys, just signed with late Wednesday Night joined the team. Good snaps and show you you know why they brought him here? Would he in concert with Mozzi helped shore up the depth on that defensive line. Was a good movie.
Speaker 5: And what actually makes it even more interesting about Jordan Phillips is they didn't drop him down in the one tech at the nose tackle.
Speaker 1: He started at the three tech in place of Osa.
Speaker 5: So it was uh, it was Jordan Phillips playing alongside Justin Rogers rookie seventh round pick who got a lot of reps obviously in the absence of Mazzi. So interested that something interesting to keep an eye on. When you're talking about Jordan Phillips. Obviously, the immediate thought is he comes in and he plays in rotation with Mazzie Smith, which is likely, but the fact that he shows some good things at the three tech, maybe he gets some reps in rotation with Osa as well.
Speaker 3: So that's that's the dirty little secret. There's really no backup three tech. Yeah, there's no backup.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a secret, you know, and so you you.
Speaker 3: You know, so you know that's the thing when I when I talk about the defensive line, you know, he's coming into camp. There were questions certainly with with Mazzi, just because of last year and the unknown. Yeah, but there was no proven depth at either position, you know, on the defensive line. And I'm and I've said it, it's hard to build a good defense if you're not strong up to the middle.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Because it'specially to be him the stop to run, and it was that they had to show up. They should have showed up. They started body in Jordan Phillips and I don't know if they're done and I don't think they're done looking at help for that defensive line because again six six, three, fourteen or three whatever he is, it's not your idea three technique, right, He's he's historically been a one technique, but he does have push. He's you know, he one year had nine nass snacks, So he can't get up and feel he can't do that. The Mazies has had some does some things that three techniques, So you're gonna rotate those three guys, but you still need up up the middle.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I was even talking to Nick even about how impressive Jordan Phillips was in his first performance, especially after just signing only a few days before the game and actually like taking snaps a lot of snaps uh in the first half of that game. It's really impressive, especially at a guy his size, and he's a big dude.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you guys have seen him around. It's a large He's not small.
Speaker 1: Now, he's not Jordan Phillips.
Speaker 5: Jordan Phillips is a freaking building with legs right, which is you know, nose tackle. But Carl Lawson is not a small guy. I mean, what are we talking here? Six two two sixty five give or take. So he's gonna come in and give you the help on the defensive end that you're gonna lose with the loss of Sam Williams, and he's gonna help mar Shan Kneeling and those guys come along on the end. What's interesting though, is let's see what they do with Chauncey Ghoston because when Sam Williams went down, Chaunsea Gooston was moved back out to the defensive end. And for those that may not know, Chauncey Gooston started his career with the Cowboys on the edge and he was moved inside. So they're gonna use some versatility with Chauncey Goosten to try to help at the three tech. Maybe they'll get Carl Lawston involved in the three tech a little bit on some of those lighter four man fronts and three man fronts to kind of on those passing downs to kind of get pressure. But it'll be interesting to see how they work it because Clarence is right. Uh, we talk about the nose tackle rotation a lot, and you know Jordan Phillips ideally he's gonna come in and help with that. You got Albert Huggins who actually played much better against the Raiders, and then you got Justin Rodgers. But that three tech is is really thinned behind Osin.
Speaker 3: Well, God, it was, let's just I'm glad you brought the b Alpa hooks because he got a lot of crap, a lot of grief deserved lists know, for for for what he did and against the against the Rams. Uh, lesson learned. Everybody thought, well he should be fired and he should be cut and all this other stuff. The Cowboys, you know, young guy trying to make the team was oldly aggressive. Again Mike McCarthy said, it's unacceptable, but kept the right attitude and had a good game against the Raiders and show you know why they brought him in here. And and you know, we'll see if he makes a team. And you know he's he's at that position we're talking about. But uh so, good for him to show some growth, uh and good for the Cowboys to show some facing with him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But just get him back. You again, defensive men, I I still you know, lost him and you you talk about Sam Williams, but it's really about also making up for dorans to the guys that left. I mean, they lost a lot of veterans, you know who were part of that rotation. And you wanted use Mazi and linebackers. So you did admit as much in help as you can and as well she can still do something things you want with MAZI. And speaking of in help as I was naming some of those guys like Carl Lawson obviously, Marshawn Kneeland let's not forget al Quade, my himIt Mohammed al buddy, my Muhammad Aqm, as I like to call him.
Speaker 5: He's been practicing very well since he arrived. He was in that workout group with Shaka, Tony and Carl Lawson, and you know, AQM got the nod and he's been doing well in camp, trending in the right direction. Two preseason games under his belt. He's improving as the preseason games go along. So I keep an eye out for AQM as well.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, all right, boy, So well, let's get into the game itself. We played, uh, the Las Vegas Raiders only a few days ago at Allegiant Stadium, Raid the Raiders, and it ended up sounding.
Speaker 7: More like a Dallas game.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: The fans were live, the fans were live. It was it was a great setting. That stadium is beautiful. I do have to say that, like, it was a vibe agreed.
Speaker 5: And and you know, for for all of the talk about what the stands and ox start looks look like, let me tell you the Cowboys fans effectively took over at some point against the Raiders and we started hearing.
Speaker 1: Chances against the Cowboys. Yeah. I tried to be nice, but okay, let's throw that out the window.
Speaker 5: Cowboys fans showed up and they were hot and heavy going into the Raiders preseason game. And as the game went on and the Cowboys started to pull away, the Raiders fans got quiet and you heard the entirety of let's go Cowboys, Let's go Cowboys. So Cowboys fans are energized this season. Obviously, they have a right to be critical. I mean, when you end the season like the Cowboys ended against the Green Bay Packers, I get that Cowboys have a lot to fix and they have a lot of pressure on the line when you talk about guys who are on one year contract, including coaches as well. And that's one of the reasons I believe that we still have three days left out here before we go home. Mike McCarthy trying to maximize the amount of time he has with his guys in training camp text put them on the right foot going forward.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that more than one thing can be true. There's a lot of Cowboy fans, okay, a lot of Cowboy fans, a lot of frustrated Cowboys. There's still a lot of doghard Cowboys fans Okay, So yes, they're fans who are disillusioned. They're fans who are frustrated. They're fans who I'm not giving Jerry my money anymore. And then they're fans who cowboys. No matter what, I'm rooting for the jersey. And they were there, not like I went to the the Aces game. A lot of cowboy jerseys. There, a lot of cowboys. They walk into the casinos, you know, you know, because the cowboys were standing at the MGM park and I'm go to the metal. They paid and there's so many fans in town and cowboy jerseys and stuff like that, and all going to the game, high five in each other. So there were the cowboys showed up. Went to the Emma Smith's restaurant on Friday night, and we gonna drop that a little bit for you.
Speaker 1: Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Was there a lot of cowboys fans up in there him and signing jerseys. A lot of people, look, use this opportunity, Let's be honest. This stadium open in twenty twenty. Jerry helped build the stadium just the first time the Cowboys got there. Everybody wanted to go to Vegas. Everybody want to see the Cowboys in the stable. What is the new stadium. That's part of it too, you know, Legends is part of the diet. The marketing is they do the food service, you know, so Jerry's making money in Vegas as well. On on these greaters again. Yes, a lot of Cowboys fans were there. Uh again, great standing, great looking stadium. And I checked myself. I try to check myself, you do. Yeah, I'm trying to say I'm not being by it. Still not burn At and.
Speaker 7: T It's not no, you know already I.
Speaker 1: Put my rockets out there.
Speaker 3: A lot of these new stadiums, you know, it does have an in game experience. I like that. I do like the scoreboards. I kind of like the little.
Speaker 7: End zone, the open press box.
Speaker 3: Press boxes nice. But as far as the stadium itself, you know they still trailing at.
Speaker 1: And t AT and t us Bank and then Allegiant.
Speaker 3: But it's a nice stadium.
Speaker 1: It is. It's nice.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the fans showed up and they showed out. And if you're a frustrated fan, you have the right to be. If you're an optimistic fan, you have a right to be. Both things are true. At the same time. It's it's not about swinging all the way left to swinging all to be right, all the way right.
Speaker 1: The truth is somewhere in the middle if you do the homework.
Speaker 6: Now about this game, tree Lance, I want to get into Trey Lance.
Speaker 8: This is kind of a longer what's that before the defense? QB Yeah, I know it's q start again as he started again. We also started a game with DEVA. Then won't make sure we understand the wee facts we got to talk about.
Speaker 1: But I would like to talk longer about the defense. So let's go ahead and.
Speaker 7: Let's get tree Lances.
Speaker 6: Not out of the way, but let's let's talk about Tree Lance, because I know that's all a lot of the questions from the fans are coming about this quarterback position. So improve an improvement over last week, for sure, quite an improvement over the Rams game. You saw him actually taking risks, truscans, receivers, you know, going through his reads.
Speaker 7: What did you see from tree Lance?
Speaker 5: Well, first and foremost, I saw some touch on his passes, and there were some passes that still lacked the touch. And I spoke about this coming out of the Rams game and spoke about it to the totality of what's going on in camp practices, and that on a lot of his deep balls, they tend to sail, not drop it into the bucket, like you're saying with Cooper.
Speaker 1: Rush, like you see with Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: I saw more of that being able to be accomplished by Trey Lance. Talk about the touchdown to Ryan Flinoy in the end zone. Flinoy absolutely destroys, destroys the defender, and then all he had to do Trey was lobb it in there, and that's what he did. He didn't bullet, try to throw the bullet, he didn't put too much on it, and it sailed into the stands. He did exactly what he needed to do, and he also settled in. My only quandary for Trey Lance is can we settle in quicker more quickly as a backup in the NFL? If you're starting quarterback were to go down, you're not gonna have ideally a full quarter a full half to settle in.
Speaker 1: You gotta go in.
Speaker 5: Which is why Cooper Rush has been so effective as being a backup quarterback, because he can go in ice cold and make some plays for you, or at least not give the game away.
Speaker 1: For Trey Lance.
Speaker 5: He came out cold in the first quarter, settled in nicely second quarter, La chef Kiss came out third quarter cold, slow start, got into the fourth chef Kiss. So if he can get quicker starts and continue to improve on his touch and trusting his arm to make those throws and trusting the receivers and they need to help him out and they have been more and more. But if those things continue to happen, then his game against the Chargers should be even better than the game against the Raiders, which was markedly better than the game against the Rams. And then what and then he'll be emergency quarterback.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, I.
Speaker 1: Like that, And then he'll.
Speaker 5: Be emergency quarterback this season then having going out, having gone out on a high note, which then sets up the conversation for twenty twenty five as.
Speaker 1: Far as his value as far as backup.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we all just make it still with the Russian is still QB two as we have this conversation, just make it to it.
Speaker 3: So now we got that out the way, because people will go crazy, and people go people crazy, because that's why we gotta talk about the quarterback first. Because the quarterback, even though the defense was called the show. But people go crazy and we got to talk about the quarterback. That's the and and all of that stuff. But progress, he took a step. He talked about the growth. You could sell the gross used to judchdown paths was a perfect example of you know, him throwing on time in rhythm, unlike against around when he threw the ball late and threw it out a bound and he gave guy a chance to make a play. H Certler that there's some things and early in the game he was high, he was behind receivers. You know, the accuracy remains a problem. One thing Mike McCarthy talked about last week after the game, and it's something we've talked about and I've talked about. He just needs reps. He needs reps. He needs snaps. Who you don't I really admit the fact that this guy like that can't go to the UFL and play and play quarterback and get some snaps under him and so he can see the game. But you saw the growth, and you saw the progress from week one to week two. When you're gonna continue to see more progress next week, but again you're going to get back ups. He wanted to get starters against Raiders most of the game for the first half, stl the second half of his backups. You know, they don't have full game plans, they don't have full scheming. You know, there's not enough there to say he's competing for Cooper Russ for the backup job.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 3: But but from a guy you see the potential, You see the growth. He saw that lett of system. You know, it was a good showing for him, very good showing.
Speaker 5: I also saw some composure as well, not nearly as much panic as we saw in some plays against the Rams. One play in particular comes to mind. It's a free blitz off of the left side third down. Believe it was third and ten. Blitzer is right in his face, he goes off the back foot, he lobs it. It's Luke's Schoolmaker. Schoolmaker makes the play and gets the first down move to chains. Those kind of plays shows me, show me that more reps equal more composure. But unfortunately for Trey Lance, you only have maybe four quarters if they give him this entire game against the and they should and they should, but he only has let's say three or four quarters more before he doesn't take another step for the Cowboys this season, ideally and ideally being that Dak Prescott remains healthy the entire season.
Speaker 6: I remember you turning me in the press box after that schoonmaker lob. Yeah, and you're like, that's football. Well, that's how you play. That's the touch. Don't try to do too much. You know the guys already run. His route is right there for you. Just give him the Dwayne Wade. Let him lebron that thing. So in addition to this, though, you also need a really good running game. And after this break, we need to discuss the running back battle as it were, and who makes the cut for the final rosters.
Speaker 7: We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable.
Speaker 10: Secure five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five G for you for de deals.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 11: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: Life doesn't stop when the economy is uncertain. The market might not care you have a wedding to plan or a kid to put through school, and inflation doesn't know you've got a family to feed. But Bank of America does and is here to help. With digital tools to help you save and local experts nearby, you can keep life moving forward the way you need it. To Bank of America, what would you like the power to do? Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, Bank of America NA Member After I see equal credit Opportunity lender to.
Speaker 1: The Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Raffle Coffee Company. This portion of Talking Cowboys is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since ninety or since eighteen seventy seven. Almost almost awesome, perfectly bring out the good, Just bring out the good, all right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: So before the break, I asked the question, and Jill I promised, this is the last offensive question I'm going to ask you all right.
Speaker 3: That's okay. We can talk about the receivers to no.
Speaker 7: More after this. No, absolutely, absolutely no.
Speaker 3: We ain't talking about Doin.
Speaker 1: We need al to the guests. He's a guest an our house.
Speaker 7: No, I'm pandering. I'm pandering eight these oats.
Speaker 1: We got gonna go this rundown.
Speaker 7: The running back battle. We saw Malik Davis, we saw Duce Vaughan, we saw Royce Freeman. Snoop Connor.
Speaker 6: What did you see from the running back room on Saturday?
Speaker 5: I saw that the the decisions to come as far as cutting down the roster for the running backs gonna be that much more challenging. Duce Vaughan, you know, he came out firing. He had missed the preseason opener with the hamstring injury, had missed several practices with that hamstring injury. Royce Freeman also missed the preseason opener and several practices his was with a groin injury. Both of those guys showed up against the Raiders, and they played very well. Duce Vaughan was able to not only show his shiftiness and his quickness that we've all become accustomed to seeing at at Kansas State, but he also showed some power. Talk about the run where he was contacted a yard or two behind the line of scrimmage. Powers through one guy, powers through two guys, turns it into a two or three yard game. Talked to the after the game and asked him about that newfound power. He said it was a focus for him this offseason, building his strength, building his power so he can do more dirty runs. And again, Royce Freeman was obviously built to do the dirty run. So you now have two running backs that are showing some great things. In addition to you already know who your two starters are. It's Rico and it's Zeke Hunter. Lipkey is gonna be in the mix as well. Question is how many running backs are you going to carry?
Speaker 7: And that's the conversation, how in the runtingbacks are carrying?
Speaker 3: First of all, let me ask, let me answer the questions. I got one as of the question. Shout out to Cooper Bbe. Shout out the Tyler guy. Do that, shout out to the young offensive lineman. One reason why I think the Cowboys felt the running game would be better this year is the blocking would be better. Yes, sir, you know, and that starts up you know, there was always questions about the the dynamic of the backfield.
Speaker 7: So are you saying an improvement over the center position from last year.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Already we got to run that take.
Speaker 7: Because he fought me on that.
Speaker 3: List. Listen, I said one thing the Cowboys talked about.
Speaker 1: I was with him though, uh and you.
Speaker 3: Don't know, you don't know how fast Cooper's gonna you know, you know, And I talked to you know. One thing I've said all summer, and I've said this on the show, Cooper Baby is the biggest strongest center the Cowboys have had since Andre.
Speaker 1: G That's right, you just said under draw.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm talking about biggest strongest center they've had. That certain Frederick was the best, but I'm just talking a big strengths. And he's nasty, you know, and and and and so you liked that. It was about how fast he could develop, you know. But any optimism of the running game was not just about the back It was about being better up front. Is blocking and certainly Zach Martin's gonna be better, you know, because he didn't have to hold out. Tyler Smith is one of the best of the league. Tyler Guiden is a better blocker than Tyren Smith in the run game. In the run game, okay, and so and Sirtle Terrece Steel is gonna be better coming off to the injury, So the blocking was gonna be better. So now we understand that that's part of the run game thing, that where the Cowboys can think that they can be functional in the run game. The question I have always had about the run game was who's gonna be the dynamic form? But I think they'll be better toward the goal line. Okay, But there was a lot of there's not a lot of juice, you know, and certainly Deuce showed you he gives you that jewe. No one else really gives you that burst, right you know, Rico, I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna say, I'm gonna disagree because I think with this improved blocking, I think you're going to see more burst from Rico.
Speaker 3: I think that I think what Rico has to do is stay healthy, which one he has been with his care even last year that it was injured.
Speaker 5: He did play the most of the majority of last season, so he's trending in the right direction there.
Speaker 3: But so I'm just how improving burst you know the Tony policy, you know that big player that was there was a question by the Steel court it's about the big play in the backfield. Uh, certainly. Again, you saw some of their case they juice from Deuce and you saw what he The question remains.
Speaker 1: The numbers.
Speaker 3: Who you keep? How do you find a role for him? I think that Roys Freemans on his team. I think Zeke's on this team. I think Rico Daldos on his team.
Speaker 1: Now Hunters on this on the team.
Speaker 3: So what do you do? How do you how do you make it work? I got a question for you. What's the difference between Ross Freeman and Zeke?
Speaker 1: The jersey number?
Speaker 3: How about running down?
Speaker 5: It's not entirely different. Zeke is more proven though he has the skins on the wall. That's the biggest difference. Has the pedigree. I agree the relationships with.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 5: So, so all things being equal, if it were between Zeke and Royce, I'm asking you that is that what you're asking then I'm taking Zay.
Speaker 3: Remember ever to saying up. But but right now we're keeping both all three on the roster, and I'm saying, dude, you know, if you're trying to find that other dynamic. Maybe you know, somebody gets cut. You know, how do you shape up this backfield? So I think there are a lot of decisions that have to make it running back, a lot of tough decisions. Certainly how you find a way for and can you get deuce on the practice card if that's what you want to do.
Speaker 1: You probably could have before you know the Raiders game.
Speaker 3: How do you find a way to make all this work? And even if you make all this work, is it going to be good enough? Because I still think there's that question down in and down out. I think they'll be better toward the goal line. Between the twenties, there's still the big, proven, big play lacking in the backfield.
Speaker 5: And Chill brings up a great point and we talked about this last night on Camping Out. If you missed that episode, go back through Dallas Cowboys social media make sure you catch up on that. But we were talking about one of the problems with the Cowboys rushing attack last season was in fact the offensive line, and it was a myriad of injuries over the first several weeks to start the season. Chemistry wasn't really established because the guys were having to plug and play, and that's how we got to find out, Hey TJ. Bass is a gamer. Hey brock Hoffman can play some ball at the NFL level. But now you're talking about going into this Raiders game and you have Tyler Goyton who's coming along extremely quickly in his transition to left tackle, Cooper Bebe's coming along extremely quickly in his transition to center, and then Tyler Smith's going to be on his left like Mart's going to be on his right. Terrence Steele, Uh so much time now removed from the torn acl So just by default, regardless, before you even start talking about who's running the ball, you got to acknowledge that what they're running behind is going to be greatly improved.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's that.
Speaker 5: Also, shouts out to Cooper BB and Tyler Goyton because those are some serial killers.
Speaker 3: And we left don Leek Gavis, who m McCarthys is having a great camp, his best camps, he's been there. And we left Leak Davis. He started the game, he was solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the Cowboys carry four which includes Hunter lip Key, which is technically a fullback, and then they try to get too on the pre.
Speaker 3: So and this is the other dynamic we're talking about, suposed to teams who they're gonna put two back there.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean back then, so along.
Speaker 5: I think it's a rotation, my guess, speculator speculation. I think it's a rotation of Douce and Rico, depending on what Bones wants to do on that particular return, because that that extra person has to do I have on the team. Okay, since I have, I have on the team. So in that capacity five running back. Well, you said you're keeping Royce. Yes, that's your depth job. I had to do.
Speaker 3: My I listened to I listened to the Cowboys, and they have nothing but said nothing but agreed.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: That that's all that. And that's also I cannot believe he's out there, I can, you know.
Speaker 5: And that's also and that's also true of Elite Davis as well son. But now I say that to say, if you're going strictly off of that chill, strictly off of the praise that they've been getting Elite Davis and Royce Freeman, and they have been, and rightfully so, they've been doing some work out here in camp. Are you saying that Malie Davis's praise from Stephen Jones, Mike McCarthy, Jerry Jones is not enough to overcome a Royce Freeman getting on the roster. So that's what I mean, as well as they're doing. The numbers are the number I think Royce was.
Speaker 3: I think Royce's head league had ground the game is because he's been he's been losing to Rico down in the last two years.
Speaker 1: The numbers of the numbers, you know, if I.
Speaker 3: Had to, you know, so I like I said, I think Ross is on the team. I think Royce, Rico and there's on the team and running back and then you'll see what you got there. I asked about that.
Speaker 7: That's five?
Speaker 3: Then no, yeah, he has five because he had dues on the team.
Speaker 1: No, I have because you have you have five, you have five, I have four. Here has four. I have four. I have Zeke, Rico, Hunter and Deuce. And then I have to I.
Speaker 3: Don't have du on the team.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I have I.
Speaker 7: So you're you're taking no.
Speaker 1: No, you said Zeke, Rico, Royce Hunter, and that's it. Okay.
Speaker 3: So so because that's why product is going to I don't do some practice.
Speaker 1: No you have, Oh you had Deuce on the practice square.
Speaker 3: You had, I said that question.
Speaker 5: So we swapped because I have Royce on the practice squad, Deuce on the active. You Chill has Deuce on the practice squad, Royce on the active Fair enough, Okay.
Speaker 3: That's what I was runnering about.
Speaker 1: I was like five, I'm not carrying five.
Speaker 3: But anyway, again again, and let's be honest about this, they're compete with each other. Yes, they are also with backs on other teams. And we are not watching the preseason games seeing what other backs are doing, who might get cut and stuff like that. So it's still a work in progress. Again, decisions, you know, tough decisions. I'm this game. I was looking at that. The Cowboys have tough decisions to make at tight end. And how many of you keep that tough decisions make you know, certainly running back, and we can talk about safety and cornerback and linebacker of course.
Speaker 1: Well laughing inside joke.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, Josh and I we were having a conversation pool side and we're sitting here and I tasked tasked Josh with giving me his fifty three man roster, and oh, he's just he's chopping names.
Speaker 1: Down real, real easily.
Speaker 5: When it got when it got from ninety to eighty and then the seventy five, okay, when it got down to like fifty six, fifty five, fifty three, this was Josh, Who do I say, Do I want to run heavy on safety? What about my D line? I'm too light on D line. That's all part of the how many people you keep It's not easy.
Speaker 6: One word pain, pain is absolute pain. All right, I do have one more offensive question. I am a whole lie, a whole lie. I'm a whole lie.
Speaker 7: Because I said I was done with the offensive questions. But I do have one more.
Speaker 6: We had Ryan Floroy's first touchdown catch in the game. It was a great pass from a tree, Lance, like you said, to have to touch on it. I'm just I'm sort of confused by this wide receiver group, aside from your top guys, aside from CD, aside from Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, and I love Cropper and I love what he's done in practice, what he's done in the game.
Speaker 7: That is what is confusing me. Like, where where is Jailey? Where are the Jalens?
Speaker 5: No Brooks, Brooks, where is the Jaylen, where's the Tobert is in bubble wrap? For good reason? Played Brooks is going to make this team. I cannot stress this out.
Speaker 3: They should have made they catch it the first Boks.
Speaker 1: But Brooks is going to make this team.
Speaker 5: Okay, But because he also has film game from last season and he's been one of the stand ups. So Jalen Brooks is proven that he's not just a camp superstar. He can play at a high level. Jalen Cropper is taking a step back unfortunately, and the games and the problem with that for Jalen Cropper is a guy like Kelvin Harmon is now gaining ground.
Speaker 1: And Ryan Flinoy Obviously you're not going to cut your your rookie.
Speaker 5: He's not showing and now Flinoy is definitely showing after coming back from an injury he was dealing with in training camp.
Speaker 1: But when you talk about the wide.
Speaker 5: Receiver room, things are shifting below Jalen Brooks, I got I got my top set right. So my top set is Cede Lamb, it's Brandon Cooks, it's Jalen Tobert, it's Jalen Brooks, It's Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 1: That's five. Are you running six? Are you running seven? That's the question.
Speaker 5: But as far as wide receiver sixth is concerned, that's gonna have to be a special teams guy who can also contribute at times on offense. I'm seeing it from Kevin Harmon, I'm seeing it from Ryan Flinoyd and.
Speaker 6: On special teams. I mean that that that that play where he fumbles.
Speaker 3: The last week it got.
Speaker 5: He also had to drop across the middle and I said it in real time.
Speaker 7: It's a bad pass.
Speaker 5: But no, I said it in real time. And we talk about two things being true. This is a situation where two things are true. That was an accuracy issue on that throw from Trey Lance hit him in stride, not behind him, especially when the defender is on his back hip, in his back pocket.
Speaker 1: He was receiver.
Speaker 5: Didn't do Jaalen Cropper any favors on that throw. It's also true that Jalen Cropper returned that by not doing a favor for his quarterback and bringing that in because it was still a catchable pass. So on both ends, the toss and the catch, things didn't go well.
Speaker 3: And when you're trying to make the team, you don't get the benefit of that.
Speaker 6: You do not you know, so I'm also looking to it turn Billy Johnson talked about him very highly on the in the past, the show and also not showing up in the preseason, and.
Speaker 3: What I said last week, what did you say last week?
Speaker 7: Remind the people.
Speaker 3: If it's even I'm leaving Ron Billy Jobson got taping this league. He's been in the league. He can he has to excel among the young guys.
Speaker 1: Where's his targets?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But that's the part.
Speaker 7: Is getting open.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm saying to the open guy, ain't nobody got no favors out of here. Ain't nobody the number one receiver? You know, I don't think we we leaning towards somebody. You know. You know, you get open, they gonna try to get you the ball.
Speaker 1: Agree.
Speaker 5: But I think what's also what comes into playing that and to play when you have that conversation is who is the quarterback? How quickly can they process go through their reads and their progressions. And we're talking about trade needing more reps for those types of reasons to be able to process more quickly and have more composure.
Speaker 1: And I say that to say.
Speaker 5: That means that at this point he's still working on the composure. He's still working on processing quickly. So there are times where yeah, I've seen Tyran Billy Johnson open, but the read, I mean, the progression doesn't happen quickly enough and and then the throw doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: And he's a guy who would be when we're talking about specially, he will be a candidate to be a kick returner, you know, and you have to and he certainly he could do the coverage stuff, but you needed to be dynamic. It makes them and make make me have to.
Speaker 7: Keep you, yeah, you know, and he's not doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not making you have to keep him at this point. Again, you just the other guys have so much more upside.
Speaker 5: Listen, but Ryan Flinoyd four catches on six targets for you know, twenty three yards and he got the touchdown. Yeah, and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it all on one drive? So Finoyd can get the job done. And he is and he is if you're talking about just the metrics, he is arguably the most athletic, freakish athletic guy on the roster. Just go look at his alres score coming into this this year's draft.
Speaker 6: All right, boys, let's take our final break. When we come back defense, I promise Sill.
Speaker 3: Got ten minutes with defense.
Speaker 7: Ten that's more than enough.
Speaker 3: People treat treat defense so bad.
Speaker 1: Start a U treat defense.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 9: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys vip. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Codeboys vip.
Speaker 12: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you there, doctor?
Speaker 9: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 3: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier to cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle Coffee Today to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys Live from Oxnard, California, presented by Black Raffle Coffee, the official coffee sponsored Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: This segment is brought to you.
Speaker 6: By Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 7: We got fun, we gotta get Yeah, we have fun here.
Speaker 1: We have fun.
Speaker 3: I'm a no fun guy.
Speaker 7: I'm not a normal host. I'm host you.
Speaker 5: A lie as promised.
Speaker 6: Defense defense, defense, defense, Let's finish this out strong and maybe a little special. Teams, but keep on Hall with pick six almost Willie Harvey with a.
Speaker 7: How are we feel about the defense?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling they are continuing to take the ball away Like we talked about on the last episode. This is uh, you know, coming off with the Dan Quinn arrow going into the Mike Zimmer ear. You know, question was could this defense continue to take the ball away and they're showing they can.
Speaker 7: It's a small, simple size, but it is a simple size.
Speaker 1: And it was also against NFL starters last week.
Speaker 5: So Willie Harvey almost got his pick six in the first quarter, also had a second pass breakup in the first quarter. So he's you know, had a good bounce back game over what he put out there against the Rams. I still have him as my plus one even more so now, but keep an eye on Nick Vigil as someone who could probably disrupt that. But Keemon Hall, here's another potential ball hawk because of a guy like Al Harris and obviously the work ethic for Kemon Hall as well, and he's been working hard.
Speaker 1: His journey.
Speaker 5: You talk about Tyrn Billy Johnson, Kemon Hall's journey has not been friendly in the NFL. He's been on several teams, two stints with the Los Angeles Chargers, who he will go up against to try to earn a roster spot here in a few days, claimed off of waivers from the forty nine ers, only a short stay with the forty nine ers. Put him with Mike Zimmer, put him with Al Harris, and what does he get? He gets a sixty nine yard touchdown return takes that to the house against a O'Connell. So I mean, this Cowboys team is taking the ball away and we'll see how that continues once they start to go up against consistent starters week after week after week. But at the same time, you can't you can't not what are we talking? Five interceptions including the pick six in seventh quarter the first seven quarters of preseason playing.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me, tell me what I'm talking, Tell me what I'm telling You're telling me Dan Whuin didn't invent a reception, apparently not.
Speaker 1: But you know where that comes from. It comes from. It comes from years under no shade thrown.
Speaker 5: But let's say Rob Marinelli regime, we're takeaways were few rocks of water in the drop, some war drop. But you understand what ball guys?
Speaker 3: Okay, you got you got guys that couldn't catch the cold, but nothing Alaska. That's why they played demons a back. Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Can I say that you just did?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just saying, let's let's be honest. We are we agreed the cornerback from Colorado third round pick with the Cincinnati Oh that's second second round pick, cornerback Colorado trying to corner back, left cornerback. He was always around. It's never could turn and make his play. Huh.
Speaker 7: He know he said he went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the name? Was always in position, wasn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, past break your move, that's past breakup.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, no, listen this it helps when you got guys that can catch them.
Speaker 5: I'm qualifying it for the Cowboys fans, because the Cowboys fans, I.
Speaker 3: Know, the Cowboys p seven, Oh dang Quinny doing all this stuff. They got guys that catch the ball. I mean these came here, been able to catch the ball. Yes, he said, me came in and there to catch the ball. Blad came in and there to catch the ball. Dig he was a former receiver. You know they haven't guy to catch the ball.
Speaker 5: Please, it's just fans, you know, being afraid of going backward, and that the point being is they're not.
Speaker 3: So while we talk about players, and I think those players did show up. And I really liked, uh the opening drive of the game, you know, and Willie Harvey picked six right there. What I liked about it though, was the scheme was Zimmer's defense. He was in the right position. They had him on third down, and the starting quarterback for the Raiders had no answers and the Zimmer scheme flustered and throwing to a pick six to two a backup linebacker. You know, we should have had it. So what I saw in the game was I saw this defense taking heat to zimmer schemes against their starting offense. Two quarterbacks who were vine for the starting job scored six points in the first half. You know, one of the guys who was starting job gave up to pick six. To me, it was about wasn't about the Jimmis and Joe's. It was about zimmer scheme. And you saw how his bliss packages and his coverages, and you know they gave They gave up to big forty six, so I catch, gave up a big punt return, gave up fumble. Defense tightened up, And that was more about them taking to Zimmer's scheme and what they're trying to do and what they're asking them to do. And if you can do that with the backups, it's be pretty good with the start.
Speaker 5: It's it's definitely the exras and o's and we've seen that over the course of camp, I mean, has been making life a living hell for quarterbacks not named Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: And that's one of the things that when the Cowboys optimistican looking, one of the people to criticize them, and I'm gonna stand on that. They criticized them for not doing anything in the offseason. And one thing that Jerry and Steven talked about their biggest free acquisition with Mike zimmer and highest scheme was gonna make a difference. I said, y'all asking zimba the bill, but just you know, we'll see in the record season because you still have to do it in Cleveland, stopping and run against the Browns, the team that lights to run the ball on the road. A lot to tell, But that's one reason why the Cowboys felt they could be better with their current crop is because the scheme and the teaching and the fundamentals and the defense and you know, the foundation of defense was gonna be better.
Speaker 5: And also because as much as it is about the ex's and o's, there were some Jimmies and joes that showed up. If you go back and look at the pick six from Keiman Hall, he was in position right where he needed to be. That's Mike Zimmer. He got the interception finished to play. That's absolutely on Keeman. He got that job done. But look at what caused that, right, the edges were collapsed by Darrell Johnson and Aqm al Kaudem Mohammad and then al Quadem Mohammad. He puts his arm up in the viewing window of O'Connell. So not only is it a high pressure throw, but it's not a clear line of sight. So everybody did their job. Mike Zimmer, great scheme, great play call there, the defensive ends collapse, did what they were supposed to do, and then Kemon Hall did the rest. As long as all pieces are firing, all cylinders are firing like that going forward week after week, the takeaways are not going to go down. As a matter of fact, that might turn up a bit because they're doing this and Treyvon Diggs hasn't taken the feel yet.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and I think I think it also lends itself to the linebacker room as well. If you look at last year over this year and you see how they've built it up. And I don't think the fans overall, I don't think the narrative is there that we've done anything in free agency, you know what I mean. But if you look at just that room, it's like, Okay, this is they kind of built this from the ground up due to Mike Zimmer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and don't forget about Kayln Carson. He missed the game against the Raiders because he's dealing with a wisdom tooth that he had to have attracked to put Kayln Carson Seatpelt. He's he's in the mix heavily as well.
Speaker 3: From the outside though, and it's gonna going to defend us from the outside. You know, you have to question unproven guys. Of course you say whatever, But in the I'm a big I'm a big Texas guy, right you, I'm a big demo guy, right really, But he hadn't played yet. Yeah, so until so you had done nothing to improve the linebacker room, right on paper? Well on paper?
Speaker 13: I got this, okay on paper, you.
Speaker 3: Know, And so you got to show me I'm not I don't.
Speaker 1: Purchasee I disagree, vehemently disagreed.
Speaker 3: And and here's why, show me my job to project positively.
Speaker 5: No, it's not projected positively. This is objective speaking. You're correct if you haven't shown it yet. I haven't seen it yet, and I'm as I'm more scientific than most, so I need to see it in order to use it as data. One agree there, but I believe that the sheer presence of the Marveion overshown on this roster.
Speaker 1: Improves the linebacker cores over what it was last.
Speaker 5: Year for a large because a large part of the reason it is because they didn't have linebackers. He's a linebacker. They didn't have linebackers last year. So even before you start wondering what Demo can do in the regular season, which is justifiable, the fact that he's healthy and present and accounted for in and of itself upgrades this linebacker.
Speaker 3: And we needed to stay I think point in play last week.
Speaker 13: But yes, a little there are some bubble wrapping in that we're like, we're not gonna they wasn't supposed to be unleached, you know, we bring along points that we haven't really seen.
Speaker 1: We want to coming.
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand that, So until it comes, but.
Speaker 1: On paper, it's better already. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if they got lineback, don't give me the sofa, just just say linebacker.
Speaker 3: But until you kind of do what you gotta do it on the field. You can look like a linebacker the records.
Speaker 1: Clarence agrees with me.
Speaker 3: Listen, give me the soft come on the moo, get it lined.
Speaker 5: Up before they take a snapping the regular season. On paper, it's better how it plays out with.
Speaker 1: Clark.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's two young guys who have not seen NFL schemeing. Okay, so they can look like it. You know, are they gonna process, They're gonna see it like they're supposed to see it in the real game against real NFL Just what that's you know, So you go back to the you know they have to be able to stop. Yes, you like the lare they are, But again it's unproven.
Speaker 5: Guy, which is what makes Eric Kendricks so valuable going into this year.
Speaker 6: All right, our final point, we need to get to Brandon Aubrey. Let's do a little special teams. Sixty six yard field goal, the longest field goal I believe in NFL history.
Speaker 7: I mean, granted's preseason. It doesn't count. Time for the longest doesn't necessarily count.
Speaker 1: Count because it don't count.
Speaker 7: Don't it don't count.
Speaker 1: It don't count. It would have been good from sephanty two. Are you lasting me?
Speaker 3: Count?
Speaker 1: I know it, don't I know? But are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Thanks for talking? To listen to talking, Count?
Speaker 3: I mean Tony Dows says not no yard, rock could have been hundred ten if the field with longer.
Speaker 1: That's so unk talking.
Speaker 5: That's talking from the cookout next to the grill with the slides on, with the sandals on.
Speaker 1: Just whip.
Speaker 3: But I gave him credit for what he went through. Again. You know, it's funny because last week he was human indoors miss sixty five yard sixty five Yeah, miss sixt five yard. It was a bad miss for him because it was short. You know, he was a bad miss for him. You know, the guy. You know, it's nothing. Last year he got some dead stream, you know, And and then he had to run out the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get on the.
Speaker 3: Plane like I would say, Oh, Jap, we can't say that a mode. Oh you used to run through the airports. He can't. We can't say you run. You can't can't say that no more. He had to run to get to the airport see his baby boy.
Speaker 1: But so what I'm going to assume is that because he had the birth of his child, on his mind. He missed the sixty five yard. His child was born named Coke, Coulton. Coke is a coaching.
Speaker 3: Cold, Now it's Colton. I saw you tweeted Cold. He said, no, it was Colton because he said Colting, because he said, no one had that name. I know everybody. We know it is a coach McCoy and coach the Colts. But he's he said Colting because he said, no one had that name.
Speaker 1: Somebody's going to want to be the first.
Speaker 3: But his name is coach.
Speaker 5: His name is coaching, Yes, coating Aubrey, it's now here. And gave give him his dad some dad strength. So mister sixty five Yonder got it. You know his attribute went up. The plus two popped up over his head, right, yeah, and there plus two D plus two dad strength. The attribute with the slider one up a little bit from six to six.
Speaker 3: On grass, not on turf, which is important, Yeah, you know, on grass down on turf, certainly indoors. But you know, and yes.
Speaker 7: They will denigrating this whatever he is.
Speaker 3: No, no on grass is the benefit. No, he's a kick on turf. On grass that makes it tougher. That was not denigrading Okay, fair enough, listen to him. Now listen to fair enough.
Speaker 1: Listen listen to him.
Speaker 3: So uh he said he's kicking from seventy in practice, Yes, it would have been you know that. That's the far as he kicked in practice with seventy totals. But I mean sixty six yards, my god, here's my thing.
Speaker 1: And then I'll let you close it out.
Speaker 5: As much as we loved and enjoyed seeing that sixty six yarder that would have been good from seventy two based on nickt Gen stats, and as much as we love seeing how Brandon Aubrey is an absolute weapon from those types of distances, I would like to get the men in black neuralizer out and put it right in front of Mike McCarthy and say, forget that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, go forward and be.
Speaker 5: More aggressive on third down, stretch the field, punch the ball in. Just forget that your kicker can do that, because I don't want you leaning on that at all.
Speaker 1: Disagree unless the games on theline.
Speaker 3: Disagree.
Speaker 1: The games on the line in that situation, in the line.
Speaker 3: And in the half situation. This was in the half situation. That's the perfect time to do it and what I liked about the whole play, and let's get back to Tray Last because Trey Lance third down makes that running because they get the ball back, they score a touchdown. We think, okay, Ford and now is going around the clock or not. The Raiders is gonna get the ball. They won't get the ball back. After the beautiful past the Florida they three and out, they get the ball back, they're backed up. Trey Last leads him on the drive and long third down play. He scrambles, goes for twenty of y'all, scrambler slides HiT's the time out. They get him on it, which was great by the way, you know, get him on the field to make that that's what you want to in the halves because no time was running out.
Speaker 1: Would you got that big leg in that short series? Would you not have taken at least one shot deep.
Speaker 3: They have They have called one shot. But was talking about the court again, what you're saying, I mean, no one's saying that we might McCart. They didn't call the shot. But what you were talking about the operation with that quarterback in him been in that situation for the first time, not wanting certainly to throw a pick six or do something to give them an easy score.
Speaker 5: But you're evaluating that quarterback right again, he dropped back and throw that bone, turn that ball over drunk, don't don't put us in the back the bottom not.
Speaker 3: We're evaluating him scrambling, getting the bagging that bag of the time out, getting the kicker on the field to make that That is a portion of evaluation by those two final drive that you you gotta be about what they did.
Speaker 5: It was fun, no doubt doing the games also true from the evaluation steam boy, you're evaluating trade take a shot.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. We know what Brandon Aubrey can do the game, have well, good looking out. Brandon was nasty. One booms dick out.
Speaker 7: Sounded like a mojo moment to me, guys, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Show me trade booms, ditch booms.
Speaker 6: All right, boys, that'll be it for Talking Cowboys Live from Oxnard, California, the final Talking Cowboys of Training Camp twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Really appreciate everybody that's been on this podcast.
Speaker 6: Kyle Yeomens, Isaiah Standbackcourt Back Home, Patrick Noci, Walker, Clarence Hill, Nate Newton, thank you so much for doing this. Christopher Biemer in the background, I'm Josh Rodriguez, thanking you live from Oxnard, California.
Speaker 7: We'll see you back home.
Speaker 4: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.