Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous, it's La La Kent. Welcome to untraditionally Lala, Hello, my little Christmas bunnies, my little holiday.
Speaker 2: El ho ho ho ho ho ho.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas eve Yo.
Speaker 2: I'm excited, I know, and it's gonna get even more tiring tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing about Christmas, and you start realizing this once you have children, and Ethan you don't have children, but you might as well with I think I'm understanding the point what you put into it is you look back on all of the memories that you're that our parents like provided for us when it came to Elmer, the elf oceans here, so just make sure whisper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also no, trust me, I think as built.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's why I'm happy we have the back house because I'm gonna that's why I built all the things so we can just put them out beforehand, because I always remember mom and Dad being like, we couldn't go to bed till five in the morning because we had to build your stuff. And I'm like, how can I avoid the five am?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then them waking up at like seven and getting excited.
Speaker 2: No, let's talk about what ocean did, what'd she do going into Gigi's room.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you guys.
Speaker 1: We went to the mall and she was wanting to go into this dress shop and they have the cutest things and it's all of these like big puffy gowns for like young kids, and skirts and like frilly stuff, cute little bags that like look like Chanel, and she wanted one, and of course I had to like shut it down because it's almost Christmas, and I said, you don't need that, oh, and she was like.
Speaker 3: I, but I really wanted it's so cute. I don't have this one.
Speaker 1: And so we go to Claire's where we then gather a bunch of things that she wanted and we do it behind her back because those those little gifts are from Elmore the Elf. And I go back into the store. I get this cute bag. I hide it in the diaper bag. We get home. Ocean is the negotiation with this child is just a lot. She verbally waterboards me at all times of the day about everything. Girls got stamina and I just don't. So I was like, Ocean, it's mom time and we're gonna play. And when I say we, I mean not you. I didn't say it like this.
Speaker 2: She w upside down me.
Speaker 1: Time, we is now me you guys. I was like, it's mom time, it's adult time, and the adults are gonna play Mario Party on the switch, okay, And she goes, well, then can I watch my iPad? I was like, I don't even care. I don't even care watch your iPad. So I sent her downstairs and she's awfully quiet. I'd hear, not any iPad happening, no YouTube kids, and and then the gees.
Speaker 3: Is like, something's going on.
Speaker 1: So she goes down into her room and Ocean has rummaged through and found the purse, She found the elf gifts, She found it everything, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm taking it all back.
Speaker 1: And of course my mom's like, okay, we don't need to be that intense, Like we tell her it's for someone else, like, oh, you found all the gifts were giving.
Speaker 3: To London, my niece were shipping them to Utah.
Speaker 1: And now they're all wrapped up. And Ocean has such a good memory that I know she's gonna be like you tricked me. They just can't be from Santa. Can't be from Santa. They have to be from Mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna have to just say I was buying those for you and those were going to be your gift for me, but now you.
Speaker 1: I just wish she would listen, don't we all? Yeah, And the other thing about this Christmas is that you don't like some kids have older siblings and you worry that they're gonna spoil Christmas for your kid because maybe they heard from their older sibling that like Santa is very real.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm worried about her going into school still because it's tell the story well every so obviously school here a lot of religion, a lot of people believing in for things. So it's like she was like, let me take the elmer the elf. So yeah, she takes the elf into school. First, little boy goes that elf isn't real, and oh, she goes, yeah it is. And I was like, oh boy, here we go. I dismissed myself very quickly.
Speaker 3: Kevin. Didn't she say, yeah it is. He brings me present?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is, he brings me present. And I didn't dismiss. I looked at the teacher and I said, if this becomes an issue, do I need to take it or is she She goes we'll put it in her backpack. And I said, Ocean, this becomes an issue. What do you do? And she goes pet it away and I said, good job, have a good one, kid, and I loved and then I just hear the bickering of the kids.
Speaker 3: Elves are real and.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, I know we shouldn't have opened this can of worms. Keep the elves at home, by everybody, keep the elves at home. Because I was verbally waterboarded us again. She has seventeen times, and on the eighteen I was like, take the off to school. I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 2: I will say I got mad at Lauren because Ocean was like, my mom told me I could bring it, and when your mom doesn't have to deal with it right now, so she let you, so no I caught it. So she didn't let you. She just let you bring it in here and no talking me. And now you're mad at me.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: So usually our Christmas Eve plans can we don't even have.
Speaker 3: Well, so many people are like, what are your tradition?
Speaker 2: You don't even have anymore.
Speaker 1: It's hard to create traditions when you have split when you yeah, when when it's kind of all over the place. Now, my agreement.
Speaker 3: Is is very good. I have no complaints.
Speaker 1: You know. Obviously, if I had it my way, it would be one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure he feels the same way.
Speaker 1: But whatever, That's what happens when your part ways. But I'm thrilled with it this year. So she's gonna She went to Miami and blew back today actually, and for a moment, I was like, this is not cool. My kid's on an airplane for five and a half hours on Christmas Eve and she's very resilient. You guys, now, if this were so soid, I think this would throw her for a loop.
Speaker 3: But Ocean's like, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 1: And then I learned how many people are actually traveling today, Like so many of my mom friends are like, yeah, we're traveling for Christmas. And I was like, oh great, when are you guys headed out? They're like Christmas Eve. I'm like what, that's so wild? They were like, well, say what's up to Ocean on the way out. So she flew back in Christmas Eve today and I will have her all day tomorrow. And the other side, you know, did the whole Christmas thing already, but it's really hard to create traditions. My number one thing is like getting to the desert during the holiday. But I just didn't want to put ocean from a five and a half hour flight into a car for two hours to get to the desert. So we're spending Christmas for the first time in this house, Christmas in la and I'm excited. Then she can play with her toys. It's not like a big to do of Oh my gosh, you know, we got to like I want to get to the desert. I want to get to the desert.
Speaker 3: We can.
Speaker 1: We built most of the toys. The other little things will do tonight tomorrow she can have a Heyday traditional breakfast. Thinking about it, of like the sausage and the egg, what is it like a casserole?
Speaker 3: Was it a Mormon thing? I don't know. Grandma used to make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to say it was like an egg cheese castrole. Yeah, whatever it was. That's the thing that brings me back to heaven, yeah, some sort of.
Speaker 1: The only thing that missing for me is a big family. No an ice cold vodka soda this morning.
Speaker 2: Talk to him, lady.
Speaker 1: That my dad would make me. It would just be ready. He would be having his bloody marry or a mimosa, and I just went straight in for that kill.
Speaker 2: I do miss that because that was like I because I can only it was only like a couple of years for me because I didn't really drink and he died when I was twenty five. But like the last couple was always like having a little mimosa. Yeah, come in with the orange juice and just like a drop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, refills on refills.
Speaker 2: Everything's just the eggnog.
Speaker 3: Oh, just the thing, the whole thing. Ocean said.
Speaker 1: The other day, the TV was playing and someone said alcohol, and she.
Speaker 3: Was alcohol, Alcohol is bad for you, isn't mom?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I was like, I don't know how to answer this because I don't want it to be like a forbidden fruit for her. I didn't expect her to be talking about like alcohol being good or bad for you at.
Speaker 3: Four and a half. I just kind of ignored her.
Speaker 1: I pretended like I didn't hear her because I don't want to be like, yeah, it's really bad for it.
Speaker 2: But she keeps asking you.
Speaker 3: She doesn't forget, and she didn't ask me.
Speaker 1: Oh she didn't know, And I'm like, I'm not discussing us with you at four and a half, like too young, but it will be interesting. The reason I'm bringing that up is I just I'm like, these are weird conversations, and I see her like if she's asking that, it's a matter of time honestly for her to be like, oh Shanta clause real.
Speaker 2: No, she's pretty smart too.
Speaker 3: One fuck up away from making her a non believable.
Speaker 2: It's not even a fuck up. It's like, what you can't You're gonna have to go buy a storage and to keep all of her shitting because she's a little she goes through everything, she'll find everything. She clept out all of my stuff from my house. I don't know what else is missing. So it's like I don't even know what She was there to see it. So it's like, what do you do to hide gifts? Because I remember Mom was like I had your gifts in like the most in plain sight, but you never looked. Do you remember that? Yes? Like I never was going in closets to look.
Speaker 3: Well I wasn't either, And she's like, I remember Mom.
Speaker 2: When we'd go in the basement. No, the two doors that yes went into the same she was in there and like I never even thought of it, but she got like skittish. She was probably hiding gifts for me and you or something, and I was like, what are you doing? She was like just trying to find wrapping paper. I'll never forget it. I was like, all right, I wasn't like I'm going to go in that room.
Speaker 3: After she would be like, that's not where you keep the wrapping paper. The wrapping paper, I saw it in the other closet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she would have gone through that room, but like that's something. So it's like, it's not a fuck up. It's like you've got a kid who is just very very what's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: She's interested in everything. Curious, just curious there.
Speaker 3: It is a little curious George.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, and I'm going to start calling her George, because she'll go in every room, even if she's on her iPad. I've seen her she'll look over the top of it and like see what we're all doing, And then when you look at her, she'll look back at it, and I'm like, oh okay.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Christmas is stressful. I was just gonna say, what are you the most excited for tomorrow morning? Waking up seeing her face? Honestly her face.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for Sosa's first Christmas in a sense of like her being able to like sit down and like rip open some not that she'll know what it is, but I think it'll be fun for her to just rip things open. So I'm excited for that. I'm excited to just wake up as like a little family and have just like breakfast coffee. Yeah, football is on love it isn't it? Or am I lying?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's either football or basketball. I know we got some stiff.
Speaker 3: Does any NFL team play on Christmas Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How many?
Speaker 3: You got?
Speaker 1: The Cowboys versus the Commander's Lions versus the Vikings, Broncos versus Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Speaking of a curious George.
Speaker 3: Curious George s Hi, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Back to the persistence to the nails. Okay, just give me a second. I'm just gonna record the podcast and then I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Oh Mary Chris Muss, Okay, love you Ocean Kent, But no.
Speaker 2: That's I'm just excited for like hanging out family. I'm excited for just to see their reaction. Yeah to their gifts, their little santic gifts, all the goods. What about you? But if you had to choose.
Speaker 1: Like one thing, I'm I'm very excited that Ocean or so says more interactive. Like when I take her into the playroom now with Ocean so, so we'll grab like a cup and a spoon, for example, and like stir and set, Like she's starting to know how to play with Ocean. So I'm excited to see her now when the gifts are opened. The other thing I'm excited for when it comes to Ocean is she's obsessed with desks right now. So I got her desk and then I got her like paper clips and a little breethecase and like all this paper so she can play off. I can.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised if she is laying on the ground with her ear at the door.
Speaker 3: We're wrapping it up, guys.
Speaker 1: I love you, christ Happy holidays, whatever you celebrate. I hope you just feel the freaking spirit today. And ho ho ho, bitches, let's get this done. Let's get this fucking done with the kids still believe in rock on.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, catch you next week.