Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. Taco Bell is so good and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Ashamed of it.
Speaker 3: For a while, I tried to act like, oh, I don't eat that, ill girl. Fuck y'all, I don't ever.
Speaker 1: But I don't even know why you was ever acted like that, because you'll be fucking up Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: I fuck up Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: But you're not scared of the mystery meat.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I don't put mystery meat in my mouth before.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, all right, all right, tough crowd, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's up, y'all?
Speaker 3: It's your girl licks Pete any sugarl drain a call, and you.
Speaker 1: Are tuned in to another episode of where a drunk Mind speaks sober thought.
Speaker 3: We ain't got no guests today. We ain't got no guests today.
Speaker 1: We don't you know what's crazy.
Speaker 3: So somebody had tweeted me yesterday and they were like, when are y'all gonna start letting regular people come on the show. When she said regularly, she just meant like somebody who's not famous or whatever, And I was like, I responded back to her, and I was like, honestly, the listeners don't like when we have guests, period, So we're not gonna frustrate them any further than we already do.
Speaker 2: And another girl.
Speaker 3: Tweeted me, she was like, facts, because I've been listening since twenty twenty one and I've never listened to a guest episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a few people that I see say that all the time, Like they be like, whenever y'all have gifts, I just skip over the episodes.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, because the guest episodes be really good.
Speaker 1: The guest episodes do be good. I mean, I don't know. I think people just have their preferences because, to be honest.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like GIP, I think when people think of podcasts, they don't think of you having gigged.
Speaker 2: Well, this isn't a podcast as a talk show, but when.
Speaker 1: We started it was a podcast, so they probably like, they never used to have gifts, and we used to always say that we don't have gifts on our shows, So they probably like, you bitches, don't switch it up because Hollywood. Y'all have got Hollywood on this.
Speaker 2: We switched it to a talk show, damn it, we gotta do. That's there.
Speaker 1: But that's probably why they don't want to listen to though when we have gifts because they'd be like, I missed when y'all used to be yelling at each other on the floor.
Speaker 3: That's crazy to miss that, Okay, but you know what, I do think people, it was a fun time.
Speaker 2: I think people.
Speaker 3: Miss I see people say this all the time. They're like, I miss the red and black background because y'all were so unhinged, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that people miss that because y'all have to understand though, like we were not that we're not like Hungry now, but we were a lot more immature than we are now.
Speaker 2: Like we've grown a lot.
Speaker 3: Y'all have to realize, like we have been doing poor minds for a while now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even think it had anything to do with Hungry. I just think it was just like not thinking about things before we said we just would say whatever was on our mind. Now we're just a little more cautious with the things that we say because we have to because we have to be. Yeah, we have to be. I think back then it wasn't as many people listening, and we just were really really blunt and would just say whatever it was that came to our mind? Like crazy? Sheit because when I be seeing some of the old episodes or like clips from the old episodes, I'd be like, I can't believe I said it. I know.
Speaker 3: It be really like oh my god, and I would be dead serious.
Speaker 1: Why I'm still serious about a lot of the stuff I said to be honest, but I just be feeling like, wow, like we just really used to be raw and unfiltered.
Speaker 3: As somebody else has said, what did they say? They were just like when Poor Minds first came out, there wasn't a lot of podcasts like that, and it wasn't And it's so crazy to think about because honestly, when we started it, it didn't feel that way. It just felt like we were doing us and just doing something. So now to see like there's a lot of podcasts that you know, have the best friends who just be cutting up and talking about life, it is a lot of podcasts like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. I wonder where they got it from.
Speaker 2: Okay, see this is what we're.
Speaker 1: So original, but were not walking I'm just saying that's very original.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I think it's good to be inspiring, though, I think it's a good thing. Like I said, yeah, we need more black women on the mics. It's not enough for me. I want to see more. I love to have a lot of children.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, okay, but you're talking about me all these but I'm saying, but I'm saying I agree. Like I guess when we started, back when we started, I didn't think about corn Minds as a podcast, Like I definitely just.
Speaker 2: Thought like, oh, yeah, we're just doing something.
Speaker 1: On the MIC's doing whatever, Like I didn't know what we was doing, like cause it wasn't even us their thought to make it into a podcast. It was one of your friends that told us that we should turn it into a podcast. We was is doing the YouTube channel every week and we.
Speaker 3: You know what the hell?
Speaker 2: That living I made on.
Speaker 1: It was so good, it was good you made you made a little ghetto Bailey's.
Speaker 3: I did the ghetto Bailey used to have everybody remember.
Speaker 1: Before I had to go to work, I was so tipsy.
Speaker 2: Was that the same night?
Speaker 1: What the same night?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that wasn't the same night. That unfaithful night?
Speaker 3: What unfaithful night?
Speaker 2: You know that unfaithful night.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of let me say, I had a lot of unfaithful nights.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the night that remember you got pulled over, but that was that was that.
Speaker 1: Was way like I was at that time when you made the hood Bailey's. You were still living with me. But I had to go to work that night, Like I was still working in the clubs and I had to go to work, and I was so tipsy that bad leys had me south with clubs and then I went to work and I still was taking shot to me. I used to be young and rick.
Speaker 3: When I think about being young and reckless, me and my friends used to about a bottle of Saraq on Friday, the big bottle, and it would be going by the Blue, the Blue, and we would be at the liquor store.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to y'all.
Speaker 3: Did He used to have people waiting in line for that sarak like they were.
Speaker 2: Some Ja's bruh.
Speaker 1: Essentially, when the new flavors would come out, When the new flavors, I remember when the coconut, when that peach hit the streets was going cripe bags facts and people used to love the peach Sarah with spring and a little pin.
Speaker 2: Their RedBerry and cranberry.
Speaker 1: Juice, but like the red berry, it tastes like coffee. Minutes.
Speaker 3: People used to they like the RedBerry with the cranberry girl. Oh yeah, in college too, at that pineapple.
Speaker 2: You went to somebody's house and they had all the Sarah.
Speaker 3: You were like, you got money?
Speaker 1: I hit the jackie. What a simple time thinking niggas had money because they had Sorak bottles in their home. Man, what at my home? We have McCormick bottles.
Speaker 3: See we did, But I'm saying though that in college, me and my best friend, my roommate in college, we used to make the little trash can punch and we would saved the bottles of mccormie and we had them on top of our cabinet.
Speaker 1: How tacky is that? Then then I upgraded when I moved into my apartment in Houston, and it was the Carlos Rossy bottles. Y'all know, the Carlos, thee yes judge, the same grella, the same grill was my face. You are so right, But that don't you know how much we was drinking because we had enough to go around the hall.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? And then where was my phone out on vibra? How I am professional?
Speaker 3: Of me.
Speaker 1: It was really some alcoholics flow keys, literally, you know what we were. So we used to get the soroc on Fridays and then we weren't supposed to drink on the job, obviously when I was working at Dreams, But so we used to put the liquor and water bottles. So it got to the point to where like we would stay the night at each other's houses, me and my friends at the time that I bartended with, and there would be so many bottles of water in our room, like we didn't know what was liquor and what was water. I remember one morning I woke up thirsty and hung over.
Speaker 2: I grabbed a bottle of it.
Speaker 3: I took a big old gulp of nothing but so rock, and when I tell you, I threw up right already. You know how bad that is to take a shot when you're already hungover.
Speaker 1: But you know, they say see and again yet another way that I know me and my friends was really borderline alcoholics. You know, they say, you're supposed to drink make you feel, but like beer and stuff.
Speaker 3: Though right now, sometimes liquor, sometimes.
Speaker 1: Regular liquor too, But we did used to drink beer, like me and Lynn would go to our job and we worked it wheat lounge. We used to go to work the next day hungover and she would be like, you want to drink a Heineken?
Speaker 2: That is?
Speaker 3: That is Lena's Jaican she is that's she love a good cold Bruski girl, not the red stripe.
Speaker 1: Well, we ain't have fridge stripes, so we had to make do with what we had. We had a little Heineken, and I never would finish mine because I would be like you, I don't see how you drink beer. I don't like beer.
Speaker 3: I do not. I've never been a beer girl. I don't like all you like beer. I love ip as. Okay, so I forgot tell I know her stuff. But that's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like a beer connoisseur. Yeah, because they probably like, what the fuck is ip a?
Speaker 3: Well, I used to want to drink coronas so bad because they just looked good with the salt and the lime. I was like, oh my gosh, they have to be good because my sister. I don't know if she still drinks them, but she used to drink coronas and I just I wanted to drink it so bad, And honestly, bartending when we used to have these frozen mugs and we would put the beer in it, and the beer would literally freeze and get so frothy like, and they look, it looks so good, but the taste.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not bad to me. If you like a corona is not that bad when you put grenadine in it. But then I feel like that takes away from the integrity of the beat, right, yeah, so, but I like it with the little grenadine. And then at one point I used to call myself trying to drink a little cider all And I used to love angry orchard and then I like saki too. And you know, saki is kind of similar to be a raise, like a wine. Yeah, it's in like the same thing.
Speaker 2: We used to put that crown apple in the angry orchard.
Speaker 1: Oh, Babby, we used to cut up. We thought we were doing something.
Speaker 3: That it was so good, said, I said, that's too sweet.
Speaker 1: You gonna get a cab.
Speaker 3: But you know what's crazy. I used to love sweet liquor. The thought and Todd knows I hate sweet stuff. The thought of drinking something sweet irks my soul. But I used to love like crown Royal Apple was that girl. It had the streets and a choke choke hole, but it was so sweet. It was all That ship was thicker than me. It was on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: It was very thick and it's hard to find it first. It was so it's like if you found a bottle of Crown Apple, you was really on to something. He was really doing something and you had the gate keep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew that Crown Apple had the streets on lock. When I seen the strippers walking around with the Crown Apple bags to pick up their money, I said, oh, yeah, y'all got something.
Speaker 1: They still be walking around with. But Crown Apple ol G purple w the ol G purple.
Speaker 3: When you had to greenback, You're like, oh, she came to get that money. She came to get it.
Speaker 1: When we were shrinking Crown Apple, it was a time to be in the club for sure.
Speaker 3: There it was we were just talking about fragrances that everybody works, what bass and body works it?
Speaker 1: Did you like Jepanese cherry bluff? Oh, queen, Yeah, I feel like that was the beginning of my bad Bitch era, you know, like and then of course Victoria's Secret had everybody in the choke hold. I think what was it called the one I used to wear? Was it pure seduction?
Speaker 3: It was something like I remember that it wasn't No, it wasn't pink.
Speaker 2: Was it? Was it pink?
Speaker 1: I can't even remember what color now I know love Spell was purple.
Speaker 3: Love Spell was purple, and it had me and my friends in a choke hold. Like if you smelled like love Spell, you were like that girl. We were all walking around. I mean, I used to beg my mom. Now mind you. I grew up, y'all know, Orange Texas. So we had to go all the way to Beaumont to get love Spell because we didn't have Victoria's Secret and Orange.
Speaker 2: So if you weren't and I.
Speaker 3: Was going on Rod, yes you weren't in Orange Texas with some love Spell on.
Speaker 2: You had that gwap, You was gwopped up. I don't want to be with your serve everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was with getting that love Spell and so we going to a hall another seat.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had to.
Speaker 1: We didn't have Victoria's Secret.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: I never really wore love Spell because I felt like it wasn't exclusive. But no, it definitely everybody was wearing everybody wearing. So I used to be like, let me get some news, and I like the vanilla one too.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the vanilla one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a vanilla one. I can't remember what it was called. It's so long. I need to go up in Victoria's Secret and see what they got. I know they probably do have some good every day fragrancies just to wear, like if you don't want to put on something expensive, because like when I go to the gym, I wear a lot of the Salt Dejoneiro.
Speaker 2: You put me on that.
Speaker 1: And then Flour has some really good inexpensive sprays too, So maybe I might go to Victoria's Secret and see what they got up in there.
Speaker 3: Every day body spray. Zora has some good ones too, I like, I've.
Speaker 1: Never bought any of their body sprays, but Zora has this perfume called ebony Wood if you like woody scents. That has sounds okay they have.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: They have this spraggerance called ebony Wood if you like woody scents, and it has had me in a choke hover like the past few years. Like to mix it with a lot of my fragrancies. Though, like Layry, I don't ever really just wear it by itself because it's a little too woody to wear alone. But it's like a good addition if you have on another set that's a little sweet. You get a little too deep in your bag when you get to talk about perfume, but you know, you be talking about the.
Speaker 3: Scents and the layers and the flavors and the extra rizer. I don't, girl, I don't know. You know, I wear the same shit. Hey say, I've been wearing these. I promise y'all've been wearing That's it. Those are my three go tos. I don't switch up. And you know what's crazy. They all have the same uh the patulion, all of them have. That. That's all I know. That's what I stick with. That's what rocks with me.
Speaker 1: And see, Cassiopia is another one of them sins. I remember when the dude at Sacks, who I be going to to get my fragrances or whatever. I remember he put me on cassiop like maybe at this point, like four years ago, and I feel like it was really exclusive. Nobody had it. That's another fragrance there. Now it's like baccharade. It is yay, everybody be wearing absolutely, But that's why you gotta get into a lot of the other fragrancies that are in fragrance houses, because people be always going towards that one fragrance that's popular. But these fragrance houses we having so many other good sins, like Mason Francis has so many other good sins outside of Bakarade. Maybe I don't even know fragrance has had homes, bitch. Yes, tom Ford is a fragrance house. Well, I mean tom Ford has a lot of other things outside of fragrance, but yeah, they're called fragrance house.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's too I go to the apartment, bitch.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to be in no fragrance house because Babe, that collection that you got is some serves out.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just mind my business and.
Speaker 2: Stick to what I know.
Speaker 1: I haven't really been buying any new fragrances lately, though, because I have so many, to the point that I'm like, girl, you need to use some of these first before you start buying. Ain't some more? It's because you don't.
Speaker 3: I don't. I think it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Crazy when people have whole rooms full of perfume, because how are you ever going to use all of that perfume? Like I get that these a collection and like when people are collectors, they just like to collect. But I felt like I was kind of starting to get there. Does the bottle matter to you the way the bottle looks?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, because I see a lot of people be like, oh, I'm not buying that. It smells good, but the bottle is so ugly. I can't do it. No, I don't care about the bottle as long as the perfume smell good. Why you know, I'll be seeing a lot of people on TikTok. It will come up on my FYP and I just be watching cause I ain't buying none.
Speaker 1: Of that shit.
Speaker 3: There's a guy actually he talks about the spray of it too, like how it comes out, and he rates them like, oh this is a bad spray, Oh this is a good spray and stuff. And I know personally my LAVs Bell sprays ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this, I don't like. I don't like perfumes that come in like aerosol.
Speaker 3: Can oh, like the kind of like like a body like a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like when they come in like a medal. Oh okay, yeah, and so it's this one fragrance company. I think it's months. I don't know if I'm saying it right. I don't know if it's month, tally or month.
Speaker 2: I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: But I never have bought one of their fragrances, just because I don't like Yep, I knew that. Yeah, I don't like the battle, So maybe I am.
Speaker 2: That's the one I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: It's not it is, but people swear it smells so good. People say it smells so good. I heard that too, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, all right, now we don't I don't know how.
Speaker 2: We got on.
Speaker 1: You know, we always gonna get off topic, that's what we do. First, we went from talking about, you know, the originality of everybody having podcasts with their best friends now and need some on the way we started talking about.
Speaker 3: And before we get to the topic, let me ask you a question. If you had to eat I was having a conversation with somebody that little CBD shot b if you had to eat fast food, one fast food place for the rest of your life, like you had no choice, what fast food place.
Speaker 2: Would you.
Speaker 1: Let me see Chick fil a?
Speaker 2: Chick fil a?
Speaker 1: And I don't eat chicken no more.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, so what would you do?
Speaker 1: Just eat fries so you can eat fries for the rest of your life, because I mean when I think about it everywhere else, Like I haven't ate McDonald's in like a really really long time, like years. I haven't ate Taco Bell in years.
Speaker 2: You're missing out. You done passed up a fine, fine cuisine.
Speaker 1: Well, I have heard that they have an elite new meani, ma'am. What I've heard the new menu is elite now that I mean when they reviewing it on TikTok, people man chicken dippers that you rip apart and see.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird when people get stuff like why would you get chicken dippers from Taco No.
Speaker 3: It's like cause it's like there is chicken. It's like a casadia. It's wrapped up and it got cheese on the outside and it's real melty and you dip it in the little sauce. Not you know about all they new me. I'm telling you, I need a membership at Taco Bell so I could be.
Speaker 2: A plaqua member.
Speaker 3: Okay, they gonna have to pry Taco Bell from my cold dad hands back.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming that that's your in. It's Tacoby.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. Taco Bell is so good and I'm not ashamed of it.
Speaker 2: For a while, I tried to act like, oh, I don't eat that, ill girl.
Speaker 3: Fuck y'all, I don't ever. But I don't even know why.
Speaker 1: You was ever acted like that, cause you be fucking up Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Fuck up Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: But you're not scared of the mystery means I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put mystery meat in my mouth.
Speaker 4: Before no, Okay, all right, all right, all right, tough crawd Okay, okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is mystery medio mouth is. I'm just saying Taco Bell has variety, the variety of sauces, variety of drinks, variety of what meat you like. You won't steak ground beef, chicken. I'm telling you it is top ten. And then don't let you go to the Taco Bell cantina.
Speaker 2: They got margaritas in that mouth.
Speaker 1: Now you know what I really did used to like from Taco Bell, the Diablo sauce, but the beauty, but the beauty of being. In twenty twenty five, they sell all of these sauces and stuff in the store. So you could just make yourself a healthier version of Taco Bell at home. Gets you some real meat where you know what you put in your mouth, not mystery meat, and you can still get the Diablo sauce, some tomatoes that are ripe, not the ones that are white like tomatoes anyway, because I don't know why the tomatoes and Taco Bell are always everyway.
Speaker 2: I've never every time. I don't look ripe. I don't eat tomatoes. You know why, Oh yeah you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't like raw tomatoes.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a tomato from Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: I get a Mexican pizza, extra cheese and tomatoes.
Speaker 1: You do have a good point there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's Taco Bell is enough. It's a hard pass for me. But Chick fil A used to be my favorite fast.
Speaker 2: Foolish, Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: That's I would go to Chick fil A like three four times a week. They was getting all my money.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie to tortilla soup.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: Butting.
Speaker 3: But somebody grandma be making that mac and cheese at Chick fil a too.
Speaker 1: That mac and cheese is good. I mean they have a lot of great menu items. That peach milkshake that they be having in the summertime, it's real. I ain't heard of that, Okay, now you but yeah, or Wendy's maybe, See I don't like Wendy's.
Speaker 3: They fries, it's track.
Speaker 1: I like they chicken nuggie Okay, they spicy. And I used to fuck up what what is it called the little dollar the little do But it's a name for it's a little bird, good biggie, the little bird. I used to fuck up a minie junior burger of Frosty.
Speaker 3: I like the frost the Frosty.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Wendy's might be a.
Speaker 1: Variety.
Speaker 2: You gotta think about the menu.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: You can go there for.
Speaker 3: Every day for a month, not repeat nothing and have fine fine dining every day breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 1: Calling it fine dining is absolutely insane.
Speaker 3: Is that a fish flat?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: We know it would be McDonald's for see double Fish fil a, y'all.
Speaker 2: I have every time. I think when somebody says fish fil a, I think of my mom. I think I told this story.
Speaker 3: My mom used to love fish fil ats. My mom loves fish fla. She when she was younger, my great aunt, she used to babysit her daughter her My mom's what that was her cousin. I guess she used to babysit her. She would pay her and filel fish, and my mom would be excited. Like when I used to come home sometimes I used to bring a little filish fail fish. She'd like, that's why my daughter, Okay, all right, Jazz, you ain't never brought mama flail fish.
Speaker 1: I ain't mad at that, because if somebody paid me some chiic fil a nuggetes, I probably would have been happy too.
Speaker 3: And I think we also need to have a conversation how Pizza Hut has the best pizza?
Speaker 1: Come on, now that crust is golden. You know that's debatable. Poo's I better pizza than Pizza Hut. Papa John's better ingredients, better pizza, Papa John.
Speaker 2: Papa John's thinks you're a hardy yar. I didn't forget that. Papa John. Remember he called us the hardy yar.
Speaker 1: I don't eat Papa John's anymore. I don't really eat pizza like that anymore. But when I was younger and I used to like pizza because I used to be a person that would eat pizza like pizza is probably one of my favorite food.
Speaker 2: Pizza is so good Now that I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To be healthier, I just don't really eat pizza with spinach, no. But when I would get pizza, I'm not gonna lie. I'm trying to think of the last time I've had pizza, probably when we had it up here and they had dominoes or something, but I had a chin like pizza. But Edgewood Pizza good pizza is what's the name of that place that was by my house that he's closed now? The vin Cheese, The vin Cheese was good. Benches was. But so like, I'm not gonna lie. More of like a local, local person. I don't really order from like Papa John's. Pizza Hood whenever I do. Pizza Hood is really good.
Speaker 3: But I would say Papa John's got the garlic butter on lock That garlic sauce f on.
Speaker 1: Papa John's is top tier. Okay, all right, that's what you don't like domino I'm not a Domino's girl.
Speaker 2: Now, I do like their cheese bread.
Speaker 1: They have good cheese.
Speaker 2: Their cheese bread it's top ten.
Speaker 3: But when we talk about crust, the ratio of cheese to sauce, pizza HUDG just got it on.
Speaker 1: Lock and see. But pizza hood got nasty wings. That wings so nasty.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't. I'm not a wing girl myself, but if I do eat wings, I'm going to j our crickets. Now, if we're talking about wings, JR.
Speaker 1: Creey's got good wings. But I guess I'm locking up a more national place.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I damn. I feel sorry y'all. Y'all have never had JR.
Speaker 2: Creakys.
Speaker 1: Man, Jay Creakys has good wings, for sure.
Speaker 2: Is a grint.
Speaker 1: No, she was not green. She wasn't. You don't know you don't like JayR.
Speaker 3: Creek Baby, that's what you need because you know that's a real chicken.
Speaker 1: No, y'all be liking the Arnold Schwartz and nagger chicken.
Speaker 3: That's y'all probably look it up. Baby.
Speaker 1: No, I like me a little bit of out tie and normally we be on the same page. I don't want no fat ass chicken white No.
Speaker 3: For a million dollars for them six wings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look it up that now they are expensive.
Speaker 3: By the time you order a fish plate with six wings, some fries and a cold drink.
Speaker 2: Baby, that's your rent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your rent.
Speaker 3: J R. Creakds is expensive. Y'all need to come down on them. Goddamn prices. They fast food restaurant that you.
Speaker 1: I honestly don't eat a lot of fast food, but if I had to, it would be Chick fil A, Wingy's or Popeye's. Who I forget about Popeye because I the fuck up some Popeyes.
Speaker 3: It's a little red beans and rice.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So New Orleans, Uh, New Orleans, listen, Icy, please don't get mad at me right now. I hate when people from New Orleans say the Popey's on Canal Street taste different, because it don't. But it don't. It's somebody unty mama and grandma in that kitchen.
Speaker 1: It do not taste different to me. It don't really taste the different than me. But Willy's though.
Speaker 3: Now Willy's Chicken Shack, now will now Willy's Chicken Shack in New Orleans man, What that chicky beans and rice.
Speaker 1: Is so good?
Speaker 2: I went to Willie's.
Speaker 3: I said, give me the biggest couple of red beans and rice you got. Oh, I had shake contested this. I had about ten stacks of them star Pham bowls on my dresser.
Speaker 2: I was fucking them up. Oh, I was messing it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Willie's is good, but I mean yeah, I would have been a contender for me. They used to eat popos alike. Yeah, especially when we was at the old studio off of Metropolity. There was a popos right there before you got on the freeway, and it was a taco bell across the street.
Speaker 2: I used to be trying to dip over them for somebody's.
Speaker 3: Saw it was a taco ba see. I was like, you was, I'll be trying to hurry all right, y'all, I know, gotta go to somewhere trying to get the taco bell for y'all.
Speaker 1: Leading goddamn, No, taco bells just ain't div adddy for me like this.
Speaker 3: I love me some taco be All right, let's get to the first toping dread.
Speaker 2: Goddamn it. What's up, y'all?
Speaker 3: Is your Girl x Pee, Andy, Sugarl, Dre and the Call, and we're about to show y'all how to get the best restroom ritual that you've ever had. So, ladies, if you going into the bathroom and just wiping with whatever, we're about to put y'all onto some good wipes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, sometimes you need a little bit more than just toilet paper. And what I love about these wipes is that they are flushable. They're also hyper allergenic, and on top of that, they're naturally seen it. They have sense like shake, Hoco, Lavender, Botentacle, blizz seed, whatever you need.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: And the great thing is you can find them at your local store, so Target, Walmart, Kroger, wherever you shop at you can find them. And the good thing is they want to give you your first pack for free. All you have to do is go to goodwipes dot com backslash poor minds, send them your receipt and they're gonna reimburse you almost immediately. So go to goodwipes dot com backslash poor minds and get you a free pack of goodwipes. Girl. Hereiod, if you want to upgrade your restroom ritual, you can grab Goodwipes at Target, Walmart, Kroger, and most local grocery stores. As a special offer for poor Minds listeners, Goodwipes is giving you your first pack for free. Buy any package, text them your receipt and get reimbursed almost immediately. For more details, head to www dot goodwipes dot com backslash poor minds again, that's www Dot goodwipes dot com backslash poor Minds to snag a free pack of Good Wife.
Speaker 2: What's up y'all at your Girl XP and it's sugarl drain the.
Speaker 3: Call And we have a very exciting announcement today. We have a brand new show dropping. Yes, we have a brand.
Speaker 1: New shower dropping y'all on Patreon.
Speaker 3: It's gonna air on September second, and it's called Poor Chronicles. We're gonna be doing so much stuff on there. We're gonna be doing challenges.
Speaker 1: If you can't go to Bella Dache, where the hell could you go?
Speaker 3: If you can't go to Bellanche, what the hell.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be doing?
Speaker 3: Talk to me, chit chat with me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be spelling little little tea.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no you didn't.
Speaker 3: God, everything y'all been wanting to see. We're gonna be doing it right here on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Yes, y'all ask us for so much.
Speaker 3: Well, we've been to give it to y'all every single Monday, and it's gonna be a time. Y'all know, Poor Minds has grown into its own little entity. Well, we're gonna have a lot of fun still over here.
Speaker 2: At poor Chronicles.
Speaker 3: So make sure y'all tune in September second it's going down.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Okay, So for the first topic, we're gonna talk about scam me a little bit. So like, what's one scam that you low key with speek?
Speaker 3: Okay, so a scam that I respect. I'm not gonna lie. First of all, stealing is wrong. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling y'all to go out here and do anything. It didn't sound believable.
Speaker 2: It's because I don't want people.
Speaker 1: To be like are Alex said it was okay, so this is what I should be doing.
Speaker 2: And I just did. Like I said.
Speaker 3: I did an episode of Scam God. It shout out to Lacy a few weeks ago, and I truly believe that one thing that I hate thieves. Okay, let me just start off by saying that but one thing that I see people do that I don't care about.
Speaker 2: It doesn't bother me.
Speaker 3: It's like when people steal from like Walmart are like a Publix, Like when they do the yeah that's a stamp, bitch, what that's a stamp?
Speaker 1: I was thinking, like when people be selling their food steps this is big shop at really.
Speaker 2: Going in the store.
Speaker 3: No lot of times people go and still Like we've seen the people.
Speaker 2: That will go into like Alta or Sophar and they'll steal.
Speaker 3: A bunch of like makeup items and they're selling Boosters.
Speaker 2: Boosters.
Speaker 3: I don't feel bad for that were taken back from the man what he took from us. Okay, So I'm not mad at that. I'm not mad at the Boosters stealing. I'm not mad at you're stealing for your household. Eggs is six to nine, nine and nine.
Speaker 2: Get it, how you live, Okay.
Speaker 3: But now if you go into like a mom and pop shop, you know, like I don't like, don't steal from them. But these big corporations, I don't. I don't give a damn. They have whole what are they called prevention? What are they called lost prevention? They lost prevention is a whole department that gets paid millions of dollars. They'll be all right, they will be after store too.
Speaker 2: You know what scam that I used to do?
Speaker 3: I know you because Drad doesn't scream, right, I used to chase you.
Speaker 2: You'd be like hell, oh my god.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I just used to be like, what is going on, Drea? You need something?
Speaker 3: But another scam that I respect. And then I'm gonna le I'm gonna let you answer. So this doesn't I don't know because I don't go to the bank the drive through banks anymore. But when I used to work at the club and bartend I used to obviously have a lot of money, so I would deposit the money in the bank in the bank. So when I would go to the drive a bank, this would this happened to me like five or six times, y'all. I would deposit so much money in there. It would say, oh, like the machine would be like, couldn't count your money right? Please call to verify how much money it was. So the first time I did it, I verified the exact amount that I had and they put that exact amount in my account immediately. And I was like, damn, what if I reported a little bit more, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, damn.
Speaker 3: And literally like a few months went by and it happened again, and I was like, okay, let me report just like an extra like fifty dollars hundred dollars and be like, oh, if they say something, I just.
Speaker 2: Miscounted it wrong.
Speaker 3: Happened again. I reported like an extra fifty hundred dollars. Nothing happened. And it was like, because every time I would make sure I stuffed a bunch of money in there, like to mess up the machine child.
Speaker 2: The third time I did it, I remember I started adding, like.
Speaker 3: An extra five six, seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Bitch, have it been ten years? As a statute of limitations over for that's my fault.
Speaker 2: I don't know if closed anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know if you should be saying that on the show incriminating.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it has been ten years. I'm thirty five now I was. I ain't it might be twenty.
Speaker 2: Hey, you ain't lying. So yeah, that was a scam that I did.
Speaker 3: But y'all are the banks, y'all, y'all all right, So I think sometimes when you are I was a broke college student.
Speaker 2: I needed that five hundred.
Speaker 3: I needed it, y'all don't need y'all is not gonna miss that five hundred dollars. Money really ain't real anyway, especially now it's really it's digital.
Speaker 2: Sit ain't real.
Speaker 3: Y'all can add a little, y'all can just move that decimal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, like I said, I was gonna say, like when people be selling their food stam so I don't see anything wrong with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like if they give you a starting around of food some so you're trying to get money for you trying to get cash for it because you know that you're not gonna end up using them all before the end of the money, I.
Speaker 3: Don't see nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that that's the okay scam. I think scams where you're not really like hurting anybody or still like personally, I think stealing is wrong now.
Speaker 3: Okay, now all right, at that part it's wrong. Now okay, all right, you know you shouldn't do.
Speaker 2: That, right.
Speaker 3: I think any scam that you do that's against these corporations. I don't mind if I'm being quite honest, but if you're I don't like when people are scamming people, like on the phone to get their bank information. Y'all been texting me talking about I got a toll way ticket in Houston.
Speaker 2: Baby, I ain't lived in Houston years.
Speaker 3: And essentially, when I be.
Speaker 1: Doing into the Senior Citizens, my mom would be calling me every other day nervous. Y'all be stressing my pole Mama out should be calling me every other day telling me about some scams she's seen on the news and be telling me to be careful. And I'd be like, weir, I'm gonna be careful. She'd be like, don't be responding to them six And I'd be like, why would I respond to the tea?
Speaker 2: You're trying to make sure her baby girl down.
Speaker 1: They knew be trying to make sure. But I'd be like, you make sure you don't respond to the tea. I know not to respond when I'm be hitting the tea.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think scams like that when you're trying to Like when y'all send, I just want y'all to get a job.
Speaker 2: That's all I want you.
Speaker 1: It's no work, Just.
Speaker 2: Go get a job.
Speaker 1: Sucking ass up at work?
Speaker 2: Yes, come on.
Speaker 3: Like, I just think it's so y'all be sending text messages all day praying on people like to me, that is so.
Speaker 1: Weird And I think it's bad when you steal like big stuff, like I don't know, like going up in the store stealing TVs and stuff. I just feel like you ain't gotten no's like for cool. Yeah, you just rolling out with TVs your part.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 1: I mean, now, a little lip gloss, a little mess sky.
Speaker 3: I stole that. Back in my day, they'd be.
Speaker 2: Rolling out with dropping scam the tomato for it.
Speaker 1: Bitch, that'd be you.
Speaker 3: Not a TV though, not a TV though not.
Speaker 1: At least scan like them.
Speaker 3: You if I had to steal a TV, if I had to steal a TV, what would I scan for that? That's kind of like close, Oh, eggs, If I'm trying to steal a TV. I scanned some eggs. But you ain't making it off.
Speaker 1: The stove lost prevention gonna be on your tail, beef.
Speaker 3: But you know, honestly, now I order my groceries online. I can't remember the last time I went to grocery shopping, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm going the Whole foods now them whole foods, them whole foods. Eggs be like thirty dollars bro them a little bit.
Speaker 2: They ass quail eggs be expensive too. It's so good.
Speaker 1: And I was just about to say, why would you want to eat a quail eve? Well, I eleborate, Well, the yolk is very rich.
Speaker 3: So I love like avocado toast with a sunny side up egg. So I was just trying it to see if I liked it. But it was really good. I was surprised. But that yolk is really rich. It's thek I mean, yeah, it's thick, but I cook it sunny side up, but it's.
Speaker 1: Not like too too running. It's just like a little bit of runny. But how many do you need?
Speaker 3: Because I assume you can't just use one?
Speaker 7: You do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do like two on the avocado toast.
Speaker 2: It'd be good though. Really yeah, it's good. Okay, it's good. I believe you.
Speaker 1: I probably won't be trying me.
Speaker 3: You know, I did it a few times about a coiled egg.
Speaker 1: Ain't seeding right.
Speaker 3: With my Have you ever seen the ostrich egg? I have their huge Now that's too much egg? What are those eggs called? That?
Speaker 1: The is it Korean's beauty? What is it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My?
Speaker 1: God, let me make the egg with the chicken in it.
Speaker 3: I'm pronouncing it right. I'm not gonna lie because one thing I'll say, I'm not ignorant when it comes to other cultures and other food. So I don't make fun of it. I don't say it's gross. But it is just so interesting to me because I wonder the first balloot ballot.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I was interested, like when the first person who ate a balluot egg, Like what was.
Speaker 2: Going through your mind?
Speaker 3: Because they be eating the head like a ballute egg is like the chicken was infertilized, a hard boiled egg, fertilized the eggs yeah, contain a partially developed embryo. Yeah, so it'd be.
Speaker 1: Like they be slurping it.
Speaker 2: They slurfing, but they say it's good.
Speaker 3: I hear it's good, seasoning it, putting soy sauce in it and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And I feel like it don't matter how much soy sauce you put on it. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think it would just be like the bones that threw me off, that's what you think with you, I try on that.
Speaker 2: I don't like to try.
Speaker 1: It would be something about eating an embryo that would throw me off, like just knowing you can see you can see it in there.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you're looking it up to it's really graphic. It is, you can see the reason. I mean, I just feel like I could try it, I'll done worse to my own mbri.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I wonder if somebody ever.
Speaker 3: Opened Okay, real tough, that's you know. Let's let's relax and lighten the mooth. Okay, all right, now keep going because I'm just saying. I'm just saying I'll treat the blue egg better than my own.
Speaker 1: I don't lost my goddamn trying to thought because bitch, what then you know, we just gonna go to tie. Okay, what are we drinking today? Well, because speaking of different cultures, gonna change this up real quick.
Speaker 3: So this is an honor to you ladies.
Speaker 2: The travel Queen.
Speaker 1: Drink is called Congratulations Are your News show the debut on b ET.
Speaker 3: We're so proud of you. We love y'all.
Speaker 1: So this one we're gonna call this tribal Queens. You can add any spirit of choice. Let's have some vodka. We gonna add some grapefruit. I muddled some cucumbers and jalapenos. So we have a little bit of kick a spice, a little bit of lime juice, and I actually made a cucumber syrup, so that's in there give it a like refreshing taste. And then we topped it with a sparkling water mixed with grapefruit and lime sparkling water together. I gave the rim a celery salt mixed with ta heen to a little paprika, little salt there, and then we garnished it with some cucumbers and jalapeno coins. So that's very refreshing.
Speaker 2: It is good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, ty so welcome travel. Why did you make the cucumber syrup?
Speaker 1: Just kind of I made some like I use a guy they actually for that one, and then let the cucumber set in it. And then I actually added a couple of halopenos. But I don't feel like it was that spicy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 3: You know I love spicy anyways, you do love a spicy drink. You love everything.
Speaker 1: I love a spicy drink.
Speaker 3: He is, But thank you, So make sure y'all check out Travel Queens. It just premiered two days ago. We are super excited. It was an amazing opportunity. Y'all have to run it up. Watch it on whatever platform you have. Please just run it up so we get season two popping.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we hope y'all enjoy it. Yes, if you're watching it on bec heard, it drops every Wednesday at eight pm Eastern Standard time. And if you're gonna watch it on Thursday, like if you don't have bet her, you can watch it on Hulu and you can watch it on b e T dot com. So yes, y'all travel queens hashtag trable queens b et. Yes, whenever you're talking about it on social media period, so we can see y'all post and stuff.
Speaker 3: But whats up y'all?
Speaker 1: Is your girl XP and the sugarl draining the call.
Speaker 3: And the time is finally here y'all. This Wednesday, April twenty third, Trival Queens is premiering on b E t Her.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all be ezy her a pm ees t. Make sure that y'all tune in, and yeah, go ahead and check out these clips because we was having a ball.
Speaker 3: Yes, we went to four different cities having a time of our lives.
Speaker 2: So check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm Draining a call and I'm LEXP, and together we are travel Queens.
Speaker 2: From Charleston to the streets of Cardina.
Speaker 1: We're eating good.
Speaker 3: M drinking good here and experiencing the beauty of different cultures than do it take me to incredible destinations with a special focus on the Black experience.
Speaker 1: Two Queens, One Glow, Endless Ponsibility.
Speaker 3: Travel Queens series premiere Wednesday, April twenty thirty eight on Be Easier.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all?
Speaker 3: It's your girl lex P and it's your girl Drain and the Call, and we are here to tell y'all about Skylight Calendar. If you're a person who likes to be organized, then you want you and your family all to be on one page.
Speaker 1: This is for you, yes, y'all. And I love Skylight because it blends with all of your other calendar so you can use it for your Google calendar, your Apple Calendar outlook and more. And it just helps make your monthly planning, weekly planning, daily planning much easier.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you can organize your grocery list, your meetings, your events, whatever your kids have going on, whatever you have going on, your spouse. It puts everything in one simple place for you. They have ten inch screens and fifteen inch screens, but.
Speaker 1: For you, you'll.
Speaker 3: Get thirty dollars off of your fifteen inch screen if you go to skylight cow dot com backslash poor minds. That's Skylight cow dot com backslash poor minds, and you'll get thirty dollars off of a fifteen inch screen. Also, if you have it for one hundred and twenty days and you're not satisfied with it, you'll get a full refund. So yes, if you don't like your Skylight calendar, you can send it back and get a full refund. Skylightcal dot com backslash poor minds.
Speaker 2: Get organized.
Speaker 3: Right now, Skylight is offering our listeners thirty dollars off their fifteen inch calendars by going to skylight cow dot com slash poor minds. Go to skylight col dot com slash poor minds for thirty dollars off of your fifteen inch calendar. That is s k y l I g h t c A l dot com slash poor minds.
Speaker 1: So what I was about to ask you to real quick is like, what is a scam that you think is legendary? Because I know when that is they come, to my.
Speaker 2: Mind a legendary scam.
Speaker 3: Okay, they didn't go in Oh Joe in the scam the sk So this is a legendary scam to me because just how young that they were. Y'all. There's a movie called American Animals and it's about these kids who were in college.
Speaker 1: It's such a great movie, and they came.
Speaker 3: Up with like a big heightst to steal one of the most valued books in like art history that was at their college. And they the things, the hoops that they jumped through to do this, and it was really kind of low key, like a perfect plan. I don't want to give the movie away because it's based on the true story.
Speaker 1: So it was one of those things that happened.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why would y'all ever think of this as being college students and they would have got away with it.
Speaker 2: But you have to watch the movie.
Speaker 3: But that's probably like one of my favorite scams because if you try to steal art seriously, like stealing art is very crazy if you think about that. So y'all have to watch American Animals. It's a really really good movie.
Speaker 1: I've seen that movie before. Yeah, I was gonna say when they used to have them signs you uhould be here?
Speaker 3: But was that a good skin because everybody, everybody was doing it while it was running, While it was up and running, they was making a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Oh my, why I don't know who I owned.
Speaker 3: Though I know, I wonder whoever started at what they're doing now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what they're doing, probably on the probably on the island out the country with a new name.
Speaker 2: I don't even tell.
Speaker 3: Lady on Scam got us to do an episode about that because she gets deep in her research and you'll find it because.
Speaker 2: You gotta think about that. Everybody was like, what are you doing right now? You're doing nothing? You should be here, and.
Speaker 3: They will be on a bead on a beach blue time like that was a good one.
Speaker 1: Everybody was doing it too. It was so many people on my timeline. They would be popping up out the blue. Every day. I would get on Instagram, somebody knew on their story you should be here.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, oh fuck, they got you too. See that's how I know you smart because I used to be like me, should I be there?
Speaker 1: So why you I don't know? Their money? Don't make no money?
Speaker 3: Oh I made some money, bitch, eventually, but I'm saying, why you ain't enjoying it?
Speaker 2: I just on the bed.
Speaker 3: But I always used to look at them like they're living the life I want to be there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was one of those people. I was always very skeptical about a lot of things. I thought everything was a scam. Maybe it was because of my mom was because she think everything is scam. So I just never used the choice that they would be making money like.
Speaker 3: The I think the people that I saw doing it though, it wasn't convincing m because I'm like, I know you broke. I know you are so few people I knew was broke, soo yeah, and I just was. I just used to try to figure out, like, how exactly are y'all making money? But you know, things like that are called pyramid scheme and that's a scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pyramid schemes are illegal.
Speaker 3: So I think that's kind of why I didn't ever sign up for it though, because I already knew about pyramid schemes because I.
Speaker 1: Remember cause basically, you're making money because all of these people are signing up under you, paying a membership, right, That's how you're making me right.
Speaker 3: And I remember a long time ago my friend was like, oh my gosh, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: I got this meeting. I want you to come along with me.
Speaker 3: This guy met he's like a business he's like a millionaire and he's gonna put us on and whatever you need as far as your business, Like, oh, what you're trying to do media? He knows a bunch of people in the industry and all this stuff, like sold me this dream and it was like, what was that business call?
Speaker 2: It was like am Traks or something.
Speaker 3: Do y'all remember it? But it's basically like they sell everything like groceries, food and all this stuff. But it's basically the same thing you signed people up.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like Mary Kay.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I don't want to say Mary Kay because Mary Kay is kind of but it's not, but it you know, but it's kind of the same thing like that was. And I was just like, Girlin'm not finna sell no goddamn fruit roll ups.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get in the media, I think, and I'm finna be some right.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking j Max, finna be here, somebody, not just somebody. I was so mad, so I know how to recognize a pyramid scheme from a mile away.
Speaker 1: When I used to sell insurance, I thought that was a skin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to go door to door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need that.
Speaker 1: She feel like two weeks then I went to like three house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because and then they make you do a whole interview process.
Speaker 1: Well, that makes you do a whole interview process. And then even once you get like somebody to sign the policy or whatever, you get somebody to sign up for the life insurance, you still have to wait like a whole month or two before you get paid for it. So then like if the person ends up canceling or if anything just ends up having me, you won't end up getting paid. And it's only commission based, so basically you go into work for free. Every day. It'll be like fifty people in a hot ass room making phone call call whole calls. You will literally have a list of phone numbers to call. And I was just like, you know what, I respect everybody hood school, but this just ain't for me though, I don't got it in me.
Speaker 3: I remember when I went on a job interview one time, they're like, oh, this is a marketing job.
Speaker 1: Figures I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh six figures.
Speaker 3: Wow, Oh it's commission based. I must have ran out that building so quick.
Speaker 1: And then they love to get the CEO to come and give you an inspirational motivational talk.
Speaker 2: That big ass suit. Right.
Speaker 1: I started off only getting one seal. I was sending six months. I was working here, and I was calling people from those cold callies, and I only made one seal in six months. And now I'm worth fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: This could be you.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to keep going right where you were. You just have to keep going. I know it gets rough. I know you might not want to make the calls, but just do it. Because what if I would have gave up. I wouldn't have my beautiful wife and my seven kids, and my ten million dollar home and my big ass suit and my big ass teas.
Speaker 2: They love a big ass soup bitch.
Speaker 1: And some big ass teas.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I would say, but you know what it'll.
Speaker 1: Be ten notes.
Speaker 2: All you need is one yes, one yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck dad. And then they got the other people who worked there, there like me, has a few seals, and how they manager so they be hype about their position because they say up because they feel like they gonna usually be like the CEO, it's just all some scammy sheet to me, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I just like, there's not an easy way to make money.
Speaker 1: It's not though.
Speaker 3: If you ever hear something that's too good to be true, I'm sorry to be negative, Nancy.
Speaker 2: It's too good to be true. It truly is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's no way to make like a lot of money real fast. I don't know why people that unless you win a lottery or something in the odds of Daddies Star.
Speaker 3: So let us know what's the biggest scam. Y'all have been involved in everything.
Speaker 2: What's up, y'all?
Speaker 1: Is your girl XP and it's your girl Drey and a call.
Speaker 3: And y'all know tax season is upon us, and it's so important that you get your taxes right and get all your financial endeavors in order.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna tell y'all about Kickoff dot Com. Yes, y'all, I love Kickoff because let's be real, it's twenty twenty five. If you don't have your credit together, you need to get it together. So if your credit score is under six hundred, you can get eighty four points added to your credit score within the first month with on time payments with Kickoff.
Speaker 3: Yes, and if you know anything about credit, eighty four points is literally life changing when it comes to buying a house, a car, anything that you want, even a new credit card.
Speaker 1: Eighty four points is a lot.
Speaker 3: So what you're gonna do is go to get kickoff dot com backslash poor minds. That's get Kickoff without the C. So it's get kik o ff dot com backslash poor minds. Y'all sign up. It's really really quick and get your finances in order. Tax season is a perfect time to take control of your financial future. For a limited time only, get your first month free at get kickoff dot com backslash poor minds. Don't wait, that's kickoff without the C. Get your first month free at get kik o ff dot.
Speaker 1: Com slash poor minds.
Speaker 3: Must sign up be a get kickoff dot com backslash poor minds to actively offer offer plas and new customers first month only. Individual results may beary subject whateper We will offer subject to change. Terms and conditions may apply. Kick Off Credit Service pars at five dollars per month for twelve months. Average first your credit score impact of plus eighty four points. Benes score three point oh between January twy twenty three and January twenty four for kick off credit account user who started with a score of blow six hundry, who paid on time, and who had no delinquencies or collections added to their credit profile.
Speaker 1: So help y'all A sugarirl XP and it's Sugarl dre and the call.
Speaker 3: Y'all know, we have a segment on Poor Minds called Item of the Week. But do you have a product or something that you want to promote and you want it featured on Poor Minds. Your opportunity is here period.
Speaker 1: If you have an item or you have a business and you want to get it promoted, we are now having slots available on the Poor Mind's episode. So if you would like to get your product featured for Item of the Week, all you need to do is send an email to Item of the Week PM at gmail dot com. That's I T E M of T H E W E E K PM at gmail dot com. Send us an email and we'll work it out. We gonna figure it out. Get your product, get your business sponsored, and yeah, make you some money.
Speaker 2: We love to support a small business man and.
Speaker 1: A black business at that, but I meanad any businesses welcome.
Speaker 3: All right, next topic, this is interesting. So the topic is would you rather be rich and stressed or broke and peaceful? So if we break it down, like, you're rich and stress, like, yeah, you got the money, but you know at what costs broken peaceful? You know you have no debt, no work stress, no toxic job drama. But you don't get luxury vacations, no shopping sprees, no eating out just because you can't do nothing.
Speaker 1: But you you're at peace. You're at peace. So would you rather be rich and stressed or broken peaceful? Ain't no fucking such thing as being broken peaceful.
Speaker 3: But that you can change the hypothetical. Bitch, if you are broke, you have no peace, but the change the hypothetical, Drea, that's not the hypothetical. The hypothetical is that you're really I'm telling you my answer.
Speaker 1: The fuck I'm telling you. I don't feel like you could be broken peaceful.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna to be rich over.
Speaker 1: Anything, because I feel like if you're rich and stress, you could buy piece.
Speaker 3: You can you can buy a little piece of piece.
Speaker 1: Girl, a piece of you could you could buy a little piece of piece. You can start going to therapy that yes, you literally can. You can start going to therapy. You can start doing the work. You could go on some retreats, numb yo, hoodangay.
Speaker 3: K okay.
Speaker 1: It's a lot that you can do when you have money. If you're stressed, to work on your stress, you can pop. A lot of people are stressed because they don't know how to manage the stress. I feel like you can figure out how to manage your stress, especially if you have some money. If you are broke, you ain't at peace. I know that for a fag. You can't be. You ain't got no money. You can't even pay your bills. See this, Are you peaceful?
Speaker 3: This is I have a little different view on that though. So my first thing is if you're rich in stress, you know, obviously you have a busy schedule and this and that. But you know one thing that scares me is, first of all, people.
Speaker 2: Don't stress can kill you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So if you're rich in stress, you can't even enjoy the fruits of your labor. Because I think it's crazy when I see rich people who work so hard, but you can't even enjoy yourself because you're so stressed out from trying to get to the money. But what I do also see that a lot of these people, like if you go and I know it sounds so cliche, but if you go to the lot of these like villages like when we went to Polinke, and you see these people who don't have much, and they don't have much of nothing, and they are extremely happy. So I think sometimes the environment that we live in, the capitalism in our environment, has taught us that you have to have all these materialistic things to be happy. So I do see where you're coming from, because in the life I live, I could not be broken peaceful. I could, but that's because this is the environment I was raised in and in America, that's what we teach you. But I do think on the other side that there is a life that looks like I don't have much, but I'm at peace because I don't.
Speaker 2: Need all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what I would pick, honestly, because I don't want to be stress because stress can kill you.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to be broke either. I don't want to be stressed either. But again, I think you can manage stress. You could better learn how to manage dress. That's not something that they didn't say you could do, right, you know what I mean. So it's like, Okay, if you're rich but you're stressed out, figure out a way to manage your stress. Now you just gonna be rich versus I don't know, Like I just think that when you are broke, if you cannot afford things, life is expensive. But I just don't see how you can be peaceful. Yeah, yeah, And like I get what you're saying about, you know, using the example like when we went to Polinka and stuff. That's fine, But I'm sure it's a lot of people. I feel like happiness is relative. Do we really know if people are really happy?
Speaker 3: You never know. It could be a lot of.
Speaker 1: People who wish, who want it, who who lived there, but they still want more. But yeah, if this is your circumstances, this is what you were born into. I think some people find a way to just be okay with the environment that they were born into. But at the end of the day, I personally always think it's human nature to just want more.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's true though.
Speaker 3: I think that's you want more and that's okay, and that's why you exceed have achieved that.
Speaker 2: But I think a lot of people you don't.
Speaker 3: I think we don't understand some things because that's how our mind works. But we have to truly understand that some people are really they don't want more. They are really okay with that. They don't want to be on TV or have travel the world. They don't want to see things. They are literally okay with where they're at, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I think it's hard for us to understand because we want that, We want everything, and we feel like it's so great and it's so fun.
Speaker 2: How could you know I want this?
Speaker 3: But there are people that have completely different thought processes from us. But when I think of more, I don't necessarily think of somebody looking at more, being traveling, or being on TV. You could want more for whatever it is that your goal is in life, Like somebody who lives in a small village, their goal might be just to be able to buy a home, by an actual home with air conditioning.
Speaker 1: That could be a goal for them. I do I think most people want more. People's definition of more varies from persons to person based off of the life that you want. But I think most people want more in life. Nobody wants to just be in a fucked up situation. I think the problem is a lot of people don't know how to get themselves out of those situations or they don't have the resources.
Speaker 3: But I also think too, it's probably not a fucked up situation to them or wanting more.
Speaker 2: They probably feel like they have it all.
Speaker 3: If they live in a village, they're like, you know, my family's here, We're all healthy. You know, we wake up, we go get water, we have our cat. Whatever that they're doing, that's probably they have achieved more. Some people really view their lives like I have everything I've ever wanted, you know what I'm saying. So that's why I said I see both ways because the life I live, if I'm being honest, I would rather be rich and stressed one percent stress Like I'm gonna be stressed because you know why, the reason that I've been broke before and I'm not going back at all, not going back. But I think that's because of the environment I was raised in. I can't say how I would be if I grew up somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I would be content.
Speaker 3: I wasn't. I was never content as a child. I always wanted to get out of Orange. I never wanted to be there. I've always wanted more. But that's me, you know what I'm saying. A lot of people are like me. But there are people who are completely opposite. There are some people who are still.
Speaker 1: In Orange, Texas that feel like, this is what I wanted. I did that.
Speaker 3: I grew up, graduated from Little Cypress, and I'm here.
Speaker 2: I'm living in my nice little apartment.
Speaker 3: I got my husband, I got my kids, and I'm content with this. I'm happy. I'm not rich, but I'm content with my life. I did what I wanted to do, you know what I'm saying. So I think there are two sides of the coin. But if I had to pick, yeah, I'm gonna be rich as stress.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be like Dre. I'm gonna go to therapy. I'm gonna go to retreat. Maybe I'm not the best therapist money can buy. Agreed, I do agree with that. Y'all gonna see me and BALI, Yeah, I do agree, Eat, Pray, Love. I'm definitely when I turn forty, I cannot wait to take my eat pray, love moments like I look forward to stuff like that. But I do think there is a lot of peace that you can find that's beyond of the wanting more. I think I talked about this on the show I can't remember. I saw a TikTok video of this old woman and she was talking and she said, at some point, you have to stop and enjoy your life. She said, I'm eighty years old, and every time I had something, it was like, Okay, but I'll be happy when I get this.
Speaker 3: Then I'll be happy when I get this, then I'll be happy. She said, I lived my whole entire life trying to reach goals. And she was like, now I'm eighty and I'm like, I spent my whole life chasing things. I never enjoyed what I had. So I think that we do have to find a lot of peace in being happy with where we are right now.
Speaker 1: Still chase your goals, but just have that balance.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of times we get caught up and like, oh, I want to be a millionaire. You hit one, now, Oh I got to hit five. Now I got five, I got to hit ten, or whatever the case may be. You've got a podcast you got one thousand views, and now you always work towards something, but sometimes it's okay to take a moment and clap for yourself and enjoy where you're at right now.
Speaker 2: So I do think we need to find a balance of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like being at peace but also kind of you know, it's so right to be a little working towards something, but also being.
Speaker 1: At peace at where you are in life. Yeah, And I don't know, I feel like you can have both. Like I hate when people try to ask would you rather be this or would you rather be that? Why I can't be rich and happy as hell?
Speaker 3: Because it's a life, I think, because I think, why the well, cause you know what it is. I think because a lot of rich people are unhappy. Do we know that for a well no, but will they say that, will they say to.
Speaker 1: Make themselves feel bit about it?
Speaker 3: Well? No, no, No. I think what it is is that people think that money solves your problems, and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think that's the point that they're trying to make. Just if you're not all of a sudden, if you're depressed, you're not all of a sudden become going to become a millionaire and all your problems are solved.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's fair, But I feel like it's always people that's not millionaires that say that.
Speaker 2: No, it'd be millionaires that be saying it too.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've seen they people who are millionaires commit suicide half the time. People that are committing suicide, or the CEOs of these companies and things like that, and it's also broke people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying, I feel like people commit suicide no matter where you are in life, no matter how much money you make, no matter which one it worth is. I feel like you as a person have to be at peace. That's why I said, I feel like you can have both. It doesn't necessarily matter if you're rich, it doesn't matter if you're poor. It's about a mindset. Some people are committed to being miserable. Some people have mental health issues. It's a lot of different things that people are struggling with that has nothing to do with how much money they have coming in. I think it's about a mindset in choosing because I also feel like even if you have mental health issues, it's things that you can, you can go to therapy, you can try to actively work on those things. Some people choose to just give up, you know what I mean. Or if people are stressed and it's a lot going on in their life, how do you manage the stress? How do you deal with the stress? Or are you just gonna mope around about the fact that you stressed out? Are you going to try to find a solution? Are you just gonna sitty? You know, like, I think those things matter, And I feel like a lot of the time when the majority of the population is saying it so because majority of the population is not rich, I think that you know, people just well to say that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The reason I said that narrative because I watched this divorce lawyer. I know his name, he's a divorce lawyer and he always makes really good points. I'm a by the time this comes out, I'm gonna have Hobby put the link with one of his tiktoks. But the reason he talks about that so much is just because a lot of people do think, oh, if I was rich, it would solve all my problems. So that was the only thing I was saying. Now, I do agree with you a lot of people like to make that excuse like, oh, rich people not really happy rich. But it is a lot of people that feel like, oh, once I got here, and when it comes to anything money, marriage, kids, getting a certain car, getting a certain job, you think once I reach this goal, it'll solve all my problems.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't.
Speaker 1: And I agree with you. You have to do that inner work.
Speaker 3: You have to do the work.
Speaker 1: I don't know why people think they can escape the word, right, becoming a happy person is not something well, I mean, I do feel like some people are just naturally happy people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, to be honest, I almost saying that song god people. Okay, seeing she do it every week.
Speaker 3: He got a crush on him.
Speaker 1: She like him to you, this is like the third week in a row that you brought that man up. Nobody lex p R Kelly, lex p R Kelly. No, they both got an initially, I don't know, we own something. He probably need a pin pal. It ain't gonna bitch that man. I forgot what the but you were saying happy people, But I forgot what the fuck?
Speaker 3: My point was some people are naturally happy people.
Speaker 1: Oh I was gonna say, I think some people are naturally happy people. And to be honest, I mean, we all started off happy, did yeah crying? I don't know about y'all. I came out started crying.
Speaker 3: Because it was called bitch. Hey, you don't remember what you were doing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're.
Speaker 3: Not about to see her, Like you remember what she was doing today?
Speaker 1: You were? I told you, I know I was crying, girl. But now I feel like we were all born happy. Like if you go back to being a child, you were happy as a child. Life has hardened you, like life has made you unhappy. Life has made you not be content with yourself or content with the circumstances and content with what you have because you looking at other people, or it might be trauma that you've been through. It might be a bad relationship. Now you closed off to love and you don't know if you want to give your heart to somebody again. You walking around angry all the time because these niggas got you fucked up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I think life makes people that way. I think we all start off happy. So at the end of the day, if you feel like you're not yourself no more, or if you want to get back to being a happy person, you have to do the.
Speaker 1: Work, and it's not easy doing the work to become a better person and a better version of yourself. It is not easy. If it was easy, everybody you'd be doing me. We would have a world full of good people, and we don't, and we don't. It's way more bad people than it is good people. Yeah, but I said that to say I think that you can be happy and rich. You just have to do the work. And I don't know why people be trying to push put the narrative up that like all rich people are miserable and evil, because I just feel like you can't generalize any group of people. I agree have good people and bad people in every group.
Speaker 3: Because but I think a lot of times when people try to categorize like rich people being evil, it's because sometimes people abuse their power. And that goes with just that's in broke people, middle class rich. Because you know what, just like how we talked about when you had a manager at your old job that used to be so mean to you because.
Speaker 1: She finally was in a position of power, she was abusing it.
Speaker 3: You can find that wasn't rich, she just had exactly That's what I'm saying. Ray that's what I'm saying. So it's gonna be that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: It comes in every single you know, community as far as that. But it's like.
Speaker 2: People abuse their power at every level.
Speaker 3: But I will say, like I said, I don't want people to feel like always chasing something and that's gonna fix your issues. Like Dre said, you gotta do that that inner work. If people don't be wanting to do the work they don't want to do, they don't want to go to their stuff because they don't be wanting to have to hold that mirror up.
Speaker 1: That's what it be who they hate, because I think a lot of the time people know what's wrong. And of course we're talking about mental health and mental issues aside, but people be knowing what's wrong with them. Yeah, a lot of the time they know what they need to work on, and.
Speaker 3: Then they hate people that hold that mirror up to them and tell them about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't they don't want to hear it because they don't want to do the work. It's much easier to stay the same and make excuses for why you are where you are than to do the work and realize that you're your biggest obstacle. So yeah, ain't that a word? So let us know, would y'all rather be rich or stressed or broke? Stress me the fuck out now?
Speaker 3: Don't stress me the fuck out now, bitch, because I'm gonna find a way, sister.
Speaker 1: The Coach Show is sponsored by Better Help.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 3: As your Girl XP and it's your Girl draining the Call and y'all know we're gonna talk about better Help every week. I know therapy is something that you've been thinking about. You worried about the numbers and the money. But trust me, betterhelp dot Com makes it super affordable.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all, Better Help is so easy to access, and then on top of that, it's affordable. I know that's something that people always think about when it comes to therapy. Oh, how expensive is it gonna be? Better Help is so affordable. And on top of that, they have over thirty thousand therapies and it's the biggest therapy platform in the world. They have served over five million people. So you know you in good hands.
Speaker 3: So all you have to do is go to betterhelp dot Com backslash poor Minds and you're gonna get ten percent off of your first month.
Speaker 1: So if you're not.
Speaker 3: Sure and you just want to try it out, you get ten percent off of your first month. Betterhelp dot com backslash poor minds.
Speaker 2: Try it out. Your well being is worth it?
Speaker 3: Is it? Betterhelp dot com slash poor minds today to get ten percent off of your first month. That's better help a glp dot com slash poor months.
Speaker 2: That's y'all, is your girl XP and it's Shagarl. You're in the call and we are here.
Speaker 3: To tell y'all about our brand new ebook and e course a bundle pour into your pod. Yes, y'all, we have been working on this for a while and we're so excited to put it out and give it to y'all because we know so many people have been asking us for such a long time about how to start a successful podcast, and we have literally put all of the information that we have in everything that we utilize into this one ebook. Yes, and this is not your typical ebook, because I know what a lot of y'all are thinking, huh uh, But I'm telling y'all, we give y'all direct access to how we built our brand. It's not no fluffiness and all that what I've read the ebooks before. This is the ebook that gets straight to the point and give you all the direction you need to start your podcast today. Absolutely, and you can trust that we are putting one hundred percent good information, no filter into this book and it's gonna help you build your brand and it shows you exactly how we build poor Minds and made it into a sixteen years cold So make sure y'all had to poor minds dot com to purchase your ebook or the e course, and we also have it available in a bundle for you so you can get both poor Minds dot com pour into your pod.
Speaker 2: To get into the bed.
Speaker 1: Out a bowl a bow.
Speaker 2: I love a good bow bow. Go ahead, Dre.
Speaker 1: Is there a difference between being sexy and then sexual? Mm?
Speaker 3: Big, big, big fucking difference.
Speaker 1: Oh what's the difference?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, So there's a difference between being sexy and sexual.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you can see a woman or a man walking somewhere fully closed and they just ooh sex appeal. Sometimes people just they're just sexy people like they can't help it. It's the they're the shape of their eyes, their mouth, think, the way they talk. Some people are just naturally sexy. I think a good example of that is Rihanna. It doesn't matter what Rihanna has on. She could have on a moo move and she could just be have a video of her just laughing and she just looks sexy. I think she's just a naturally sexy person being sexual. It's you Deviance that be on Twitter all day tweeting about sex.
Speaker 2: Seven in the morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would love if I had a big, fat cock in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Babe, did you brush your teeth yet?
Speaker 1: A horny frog?
Speaker 3: And don't get me wrong, I don't slust shame. I don't, but even men do that. I mean I will post something that hasn't I'll be like, oh my gosh, I hope I have a good day to day. Well, if I was there dicking it down, you'd be having a great day.
Speaker 2: Ew.
Speaker 3: That's just being sexual. It's not sexy. It's overbearing and it's just a lot.
Speaker 2: There is a huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'm you'll being.
Speaker 1: A sexual offender. Yeah you do. Yeah, you arassing me saying some shit like that. That's passing.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think people definitely mix the two. I think sometimes you'll see a man or a woman take a picture trying to be sexy and it comes off cringe.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to say I don't want to say names. But there was this photo shoot I saw and it was a celebrity and she was like in a tub of like milk and oreos and it was.
Speaker 1: Just, now, why would you say that, because everybody know exactly who the hell you talking about?
Speaker 2: My bed.
Speaker 3: But what I don't want to say it is it's a lot of people that do milk and oreo photo shoot.
Speaker 1: Name somebody else?
Speaker 2: Oh you said somebody else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot. I can google it real quick.
Speaker 3: But I say, I've had to say, beautiful Walst the age you did it after exactly see see after, and and it wasn't sexy, Kiff you see. I say, I had to say. I think when you try to be sexy, then it just kind of messes it up. I think when you're just naturally like Tayana Taylor is another person, She's just naturally sexy. It's something about her eyes and it doesn't matter what she have on. She got on some cargos or she got on the sexy dress. It just some people just have that, and that's okay. Not everybody is meant to be sexy. That's not like the end all be all. If you're not sexy, it's okay, But when you try to be sexy, there's a huge difference between being sexual and being sexy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like sex appeal is natural. It's just one of those things. Either you have it or you don't, and like you said, if you don't have it, it's okay. But I just think we live in a time where everybody wants to be sexy. Everybody feel like they have to be the baddiest beach, they have to be the most sexiest or the finest. So that's why I feel like you have a lot of people who be trying to sell that image or give off that image when it's just not naturally. You can always see through it.
Speaker 3: And I think remember how we talked about how everybody think they're funny, everybody think they six, everybody think that's agreed. Nobody wants to stay in their lane anymore, like nobody xy, so he nerves and that nigga do not be nerved. Nigga hands be stiff as fuck when you around. Nobody's shaking, bitch. That was a bar, but I think that's a perfect example sexy Red. I think the way that sexy carries herself and just be like, yeah, I'm sexy.
Speaker 1: That's sexy to me.
Speaker 3: I think that's sexy when a person is confident in who they are. I don't give a fuck what y'all say. Woman that a game named herself meanly and you ain't from China. I don't know if I can trust you for people, because y'all put pregnancy on me all I And all it was was I ate a.
Speaker 1: Can of beans and had a few shots at tequila.
Speaker 6: Bitch, I just got back from a little happy hour a papacitos, and y'all was like, you pregnant, lect pregnant? Congratulations she's pregnant. Oh she frignant and baby I had just ate. So the only reason I'm being very Oh, he don't play about me. This nigga is swinging on the swing set right now, swinging on the Merry Go Round.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: Oh he playing all day on that PS five Mario Kart.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's crazy. That's like you have a sexual assault case and R Kelly being like, oh yeah, bro, I support you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm good, bro.
Speaker 2: I don't need none of that support.
Speaker 3: I don't want none of your prayers.
Speaker 6: Somebody sent me something on my phone and said that A Hall tied her.
Speaker 1: I don't know people WHOA would an altar. Probably one day I will get married and my dad is not going to be here to walk me down the aisle things that I just always thought that he would be here for and you know, be able to experience with me. And I just know he would be so proud of everything that I'm doing, the woman that I'm becoming, how far I've come, especially with my attitude, that I'll be WHOA I was something else when I was growing up. But like I said, it's just a bittersweet thing. She's not trying to be anything, So y'all can relate.
Speaker 2: Niggas do be because she's sexy.
Speaker 1: They do be nervous.
Speaker 2: We don't say it, we don't say it.
Speaker 3: So I just feel like when you're just naturally who you are, that comes off as sexy, not you trying to be sexy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Some some people can look at debatables. I mean, some people just being naturally who they are. You don't come and it.
Speaker 2: Don't come off as sexy.
Speaker 1: But it's Okay. The point that I'm made, Yeah, it's gonna be sexy to somebody, But I think that's the point that I'm making. It don't have to be sexy, Like, you don't have to be sexy.
Speaker 3: Who the fuck said you gotta be sexy?
Speaker 2: Big sexy?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Before big sexy, before there was a big sexy who told y'all y'all had to be sick?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like everybody wants to be everything.
Speaker 3: I think social media has made people feel like they want to be everything, and.
Speaker 1: People not okay with a meeting what they need, which is okay, everybody can't be everything.
Speaker 3: You can't be everything. You can't be everything, and that's okay. That's the I think we have lost the art and the love for being unique.
Speaker 2: Yep, that the issue.
Speaker 3: You see this girl, I want to be like everybody else. Yes, you see this girl, she is hilarious. Now you want to be hilarious.
Speaker 2: And then you see this.
Speaker 3: Girl she is very poised and educated and this and that, and then you're trying to act like her. Then you see this sexy girl, you're trying to act like her. Who are you?
Speaker 2: Why don't nobody want to be unique?
Speaker 1: Because we in a black Mirror episode. Oh, come on now, Like nobody wants to be themselves anymore. Everybody looks up to everybody else and wants to imitate emulate them. People don't and a lot of people don't have confidence, I feel like because they're constantly comparing themselves online all the time. Every time you get online. If you looking at a whole bunch of girls ros who have a certain body type and you don't have that body type. Are you looking at girls who can go get their hair done every week and you can't go get your hair done every week? Girls who drive certain cars, who live certain lifestyles, and you feel like you're not living that. Then you're no longer confident in yourself, and now you feel like you have to be like them. Look, I must be missing something. Yeah, I have to be like them in order to get those things, obviously, So let me try to act more like this person, because then maybe I'll yield the same results. You know, But it's no longer okay and cool to be yourself. I feel like back in the day it was okay to be yourself because you didn't know what the next beach was doing. It was no way for you to know. You couldn't even copy beaches because you.
Speaker 3: Ain't know what they was doing right, exactly exactly. It wasn't no Internet, it wasn't no social media. You can't keep up with no content creating wasn't a job. So now they see these content creators how they live to add to your points. So they're like, oh, if I want to be a content creator and make all this money, I need to do what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: When a lot of these a lot of content creators that y'all see that have been OG's in the game, that have been making money for years, they were original, they were themselves. I always use Jackie as an example because y'all know I love me some Jackie down.
Speaker 2: Jackie has been herself since day one.
Speaker 3: Jackie is probably like one of the influences I've seen that she has never changed. So when people started all of a sudden coming out saying things about her like, oh my god, Jackie has literally been this way since day.
Speaker 1: One, very much like I'm a girl, I like this, I'm bougie.
Speaker 3: I'm very much giving this, but I still like to, you know, fuck around with the fuck around. You know what I'm saying she's been that way since day one, So y'all just got here. But that's the blessing you get when you are authentically yourself. You get to go on and have an amazing career. You get to be somebody who transferred from YouTube to TikTok and whatever.
Speaker 2: You know, all the endeavors that she has. So I think we do need to get back to that.
Speaker 3: I know we got off topic from the sexy versus sexual, but I think that's a good point that you made, Like there's there's so much value in being unique. Yeah, people don't want to be unique no more. They feel like they gotta agree.
Speaker 1: People be afraid to disagree with people. They be afraid to really speak their mind because they're afraid of how people gonna respond to them. More react to them more about not being liked? Who give a fuck about not being like? Do you like yourself? Come on, no, I always say that for real, because I feel like so many people care so much about what other people think and being liked about other people. Do you like you? Because if you like you, then you wouldn't be worried with everybody else is thinking. It matters way more what you think about yourself, and I feel like, yeah, we just live in the time where everybody want to be like everybody else. That's why everybody want to be sixy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why I said another point to like, sexy doesn't say much aid you're sexy.
Speaker 2: Sexy just gives like I'm just it's a moment.
Speaker 1: Always say that in general. Do I feel like that about sex apeal? But I also feel like that about confident. So I feel like people that are confident not saying that they confident all the time. They're not always overly boastful or like I'm that beach, I'm ned. They just that beach. They just exist and people can see it, you know what I mean. They don't have to say it all the time. I always feel like when people are like trying really hard to convince you, they also trying to convince stay still right.
Speaker 3: Because I think there's a thin line, you know what I'm saying. It be a thin line, like you know, you canna pop your shit every now and then, like baby I look good today or ooh, it's giving what it's supposed to give. But if it's like all day that's all you talking about online, Like all day I am so this, I am so that. It's just a thin line between like feeling yourself and it's like who you trying to convince?
Speaker 1: It ain't even gotta be all day because if you're doing it all day, you're just annoying as fucking Your account need to get disabled, but.
Speaker 2: I need to take them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your account need to get disabled, because who the fuck want to see that shit all day? But even if you do it every day, like I feel like every once in a while, like every blue moon. Cool, But I just feel like if you have to say things all the time or try to prove to people, you not really that and you don't really think that you that either that's why you trying so hard to come off sexy or you're trying so hard to come off confident or to say you sexy and say you confident all the time because you not really because if you was, we could see like that are your original point about Rihanna, Rihanna, don't go around saying I'm sexy, I'm beautiful, I'm fine, I'm rich, I'm this, I'm that, because she don't have to say that because you see what the foot going on, see the material. I just feel like, yes, like, be be calm, be cool, because people always gonna see what the foot going on. You ain't even got to say the people. Yeah, I like to let people say shit for me. I just be like hm hm cause period. Now when people say it, I do be like period because right. But I'm not about to just be like because yeah I'm that bitch, I'm this, I'm talking her like.
Speaker 3: It's just not that I think it's like you said. I think it's like, let the people say it for you. Just let them talk for you, you know what. I'm very so let us know what y'all think the difference between being sexy and sexual is because it's a huge difference. Just because you slap some lingerie on and post a picture, don't mean it's sixy or men. Just because you slap some boxes on and post a picture somebody, I don't.
Speaker 2: Mean it's sexy.
Speaker 3: Like I hate those videos when they be cooking and they be like rubbing on the chicken and stuff and spanking.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen those videos?
Speaker 1: Or eating a hot dogs?
Speaker 2: Please? Please?
Speaker 1: I hate it. I hate it so bad. I don't like it either. It's just too suggestive, very annoying. It's very suggestive because like, bitch, we see what the fuck you're trying to do, and it's not. It's not clicking, it's not it's not okay. So of course my item of the week is mus Beauty Collection dot com get your Mattick reliefs, lipliners, lip glosses. We have a lip plumper out and jelly blushes and we also just drops our new messcara and eyeliners. So make sure y'all go to Music Collection dot com and Cockpit.
Speaker 3: Period period, and y'all make sure y'all go to rich look Hair dot com get all your bundles, customized units and all that good stuff. She did an amazing job on my little ginger look here, so shout out to d D at richlookair dot com. All right, so now it's time to get into the by a bow.
Speaker 1: Bow Bow bow Bow. I don't know why I'd be going to do this dance because it just gives this remind me a girl from the Effel Store.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, she's like a minace on TikTok Now, she just be on there cutting up. She just be on there cussing people out and just being the mean I mean kind of no reason, but.
Speaker 2: It just be a lot going on.
Speaker 1: You gotta get an talk streets girl. But I mean so like she's popular on there.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah she is.
Speaker 2: Okay, she'd just be, you know, doing a lot.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. What a time to be alive, cause we used to be up in that Apple store and taking pictures on the what left.
Speaker 3: Just cutting up for no in there, not buying a goddamn.
Speaker 1: Thing, just in that after school. So what you been listening to?
Speaker 3: So? I love this artist. I just love her voice, and I'm just glad that she's been consistently dropping great music. There's an artist. Her name is Aquila. She had that song Bloom. I don't know if y'all remember that, that song, What is it you see?
Speaker 1: What is it you see?
Speaker 3: So she has a new song called Wolf that drops I think like last month or something. But she's just kind of like telling a man like you finna.
Speaker 2: Stop playing in my face.
Speaker 3: So it's a good anthem if you got somebody playing in your face and you need something to hype you up, you know, and make you stand on business, cause you know how men do they be in your face treating you like trash?
Speaker 2: And then they want to cry wolf.
Speaker 3: To try to get you back. You know what I'm saying. They love to act like, oh I'm.
Speaker 2: A change baby, please baby please, I mean young black man. You know they love to do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is this is a song about men crying wolf. Men love to cry wolf because they cry, they get you back and start doing the same thing over again. Oh you felt that, honey. See the men don't like that. Behind the camera y'all can't see him.
Speaker 2: But damn, oh thank you sir.
Speaker 3: So yeah, shout out to Akila. She has a song called Wolf. That's my bop of the week.
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 1: So my Bob is Kane hide by a Little Dirk and Jeniko. Okay, I love a good I love me a good rap R and B collab. I really do. And plus you know I love Daikoh that's what I say.
Speaker 2: I love a little Dirk. I was about to say, Okay.
Speaker 1: Look well, I do like little Dirk. Little Dirk got some his that men. Okay, I don't know. If I I don't know what he did, I would rather be on the side of freeing him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree with you. I am We're okay now. I ain't mad at that. I ain't mad at that.
Speaker 3: I know he dropped the album. I haven't listened to it yet. I haven't listened to the whole I escaped.
Speaker 2: My little Chicago moment I had, but I'm gonna listen to it. I'm gonna go back, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Lenxy I did.
Speaker 3: I had a whole era.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm like that.
Speaker 3: I have like little eras of like music that I just I listened to all types of music. Like I told y'all, I have a playlist that'll literally go from master p to Dolly Parton, Okay, make him say literally to Joelene Okay. But I have like little pockets to where I like, really enjoyed like a genre of music. I'm liking this really like pop era kind of right now, like the pop girlies are doing it.
Speaker 1: Kesha is back pain. She got a song with T Pain.
Speaker 3: Oh you have to sing me the song because I like kish Oh my gosh, T Pain is still that guy. Yeah, and I just need y'all to really like stop playing on my man top. But yeah, he brought Kesha back, Like are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: Like I'm in this little like pop I'm in I'm enjoying the pop songs right now. I think the pop girls are doing any thing. But yeah, I have my little ear where I was in Chicago drill music real bad.
Speaker 1: You know who need to make a comeback? Pretty walk, stop making makeup and make a comeback?
Speaker 3: Rihanna, No Lady Got Guy, Lady God got to drop the album she did?
Speaker 1: She's about to go on tour. Bro had no idea. Oh, come on back, Well you have.
Speaker 3: Never heard about it?
Speaker 2: The other week you did?
Speaker 3: Yes, what episode? Bro?
Speaker 1: It was like, who did I talk about on the episode with I?
Speaker 2: Did Lady got? Then she does? The song debuted on Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I had a cut down bro.
Speaker 2: Hit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just go listen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I sound just like it.
Speaker 1: You know I gave you a good example. I don't think that it probably sounds quite like that. But oh my god, I had no idea, and I love Lady Go Go. I did not know she had a new album. Did you listen to the whole album?
Speaker 2: I haven't listened to the album. Has it dropped?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: Let me see mayhem?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it dropped. The album dropped. I haven't March seventh, So it just dropped okay, weeks ago, but yeah, she dropped that single on Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I love me some lady, guy, guy, what a time when we were in.
Speaker 2: The things that that lady gave to us are bad.
Speaker 3: Romance was my song Whenmber we sing it for Carryo we did, We.
Speaker 1: Did sing bad Romance.
Speaker 3: You know who else needs to make a comeback that I will be here for. I wouldn't mind have Brittany got her shit together.
Speaker 2: I think she got one more in her.
Speaker 3: I just she got one more in her. Bro I don't think so, you don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think she can do it.
Speaker 1: I don't think she need to get a little timber Timbaland track.
Speaker 2: He can bring her back?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: What does she rip her skirt off on the stage?
Speaker 2: Fine with me?
Speaker 1: Started pennies?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, okay. I just don't know, like maybe she could go Maybe she could go on like a little compilation tour, you know, kind of like how Escape dep Wasn't it like Escape? So yeah, I feel like maybe she could do something like that, like.
Speaker 3: Her Christina oohause they're not beefing no more, No they're not.
Speaker 2: But Christina can really sing. Oh, Jessica Simpson just dropped.
Speaker 1: The new Simpson and I used to like just the Simpson back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they said the single is actually good. Okay, we listen to Yeah, We're gonna have to listen to it. Shout out to Jessica girl. Is she from Texas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas, Dallas.
Speaker 3: Actually Simpson had one of the best rock albums on a Monday.
Speaker 1: I am, well, and she's a Ross. Now, I'm not going to even talk about that. She was deep in her bag she got because her first who was her first baby, daddy?
Speaker 2: It was the man Pete Wentz. Was it Pete went Yeah it was I think so?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I think so. And then she had a baby.
Speaker 3: Ross. Was it is that his name? I think it was Pete Wentz Ashley Simpson. Yep, damn, I'm really too deep into pop culture streets.
Speaker 1: I know it was one of them from a boy man back in the day, from a rock man. I couldn't remember who it was, but yeah, shout out to the Simon man.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the Simpsons the time back.
Speaker 3: All right, moving on, We're getting to our favorite segment of the week. Pour your heart outs if you have a question, advice, anything, that you need answer on the show. Make sure you email us at Askpourminds at gmail dot com. If you are a Patreon girl, y'all, I'm struggling, I got it.
Speaker 2: If you're a.
Speaker 1: Patreon girly or God, make sure you put that in the subject line.
Speaker 2: You get to skip the line period. Okay, y'all.
Speaker 3: Make sure y'all keep the questions and whatever you're typing real short, cute and sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, love y'all.
Speaker 1: You got some emojis on your I know.
Speaker 3: Hadria and LyX.
Speaker 1: I love the podcast in the advice y'all give its super entertaining and I learned something every episode. I'm sixteen and started dating my first boyfriend last June. Things were great until he eded it do the problems at home. I took it hard, but accepted it. Before I could fully move on, he came back asking to start over and I said yes. At first things were good, but when I wanted something more serious, he kept saying he wasn't ready. We started arguing, and I finally told him it's best we don't speak until he knows what he wants. What do y'all think?
Speaker 3: I think that you're sixteen and you need to go watch Pepper Pig. Why are you watching Poor Minds?
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: Now, how you found out about the show?
Speaker 1: Baby? How did you find out about.
Speaker 2: These No, you are sixteen.
Speaker 3: You need to focus on school, she said, And what college you're getting into?
Speaker 2: These boys? He's not ready.
Speaker 1: He's sixteen. You're not ready, she said. Don't speak to me until you know what you want.
Speaker 2: She is sixteen at war.
Speaker 1: She is at war with that men because I know is not a man here.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 2: They both kids.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to know how old he is.
Speaker 3: She ain't say he was no kid.
Speaker 2: I don't like this.
Speaker 3: You need to stop watching Poor mind and problems at home?
Speaker 1: Hee could be with his wife. I hope not, because we got a case on our hand.
Speaker 2: I hope the hell.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I don't be putting nothing past these men, know how they Yeah, you have sixteen year old girls be thinking that they be doing so they'd be like, ooh my boyfriend twenty my boyfriend twenty one. Yeah, girl, I had a few friends like that.
Speaker 3: You are off totally even trying to let a boy stretch you out at sixteen. I honestly hope you aren't even watching this to get the answer, because you don't even need to be watching poor minds.
Speaker 1: This is for grown folks. Oh, she's gonna tune in and she gonna be showing her friends in class.
Speaker 2: Look, y'all ain't answer my question. Girl, go study. You are sixteen.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to be worried about your college applications very soon.
Speaker 1: I agree. Whenever y'all be writing in and y'all he be worried about men and y'all be under like twenty five. I just my answer is gonna always be let it go. Let it go another live, Yeah, just let it go. You can always find someone else, like at sixteen, a boy or a mean whatever he Okay, should not be consuming your thought.
Speaker 3: Agreed, Agreed, All right, Hello ladies. I'm a twenty two year old young and turned boy from Dallas. Shout out to shout out to the Gritty Grove my best friend, and I admire y'all's friendship and the growth we've seen on screen. Lately, we've been dealing with some codependency issues and want to work on it. Do y'all have any advice on maintaining a healthy friendship balance? Have you Andrea ever gone through something similar. How did y'all grow through it? A self proclaimed number one stand ps Lex, p Andrea Andicle, y'all are the baddest Leo and Taurus out right now from a Sagittarius fire sign.
Speaker 1: Gang, who I Love Me is Sagitta Let me see I've seen them Emosis at the ED. Okay, So what advice do you have for code dependness? No, No, I don't feel like we were ever just colding neither.
Speaker 3: I don't think we have that personality trait. We're not cold dependent on anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll say this, go ahead, go ahead, I'm sorry what I was just gonna say.
Speaker 1: I don't even necessarily know if I feel like that's like a bad thing with your friends. I'm like this, you think so, cause I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's good to have a friend that you.
Speaker 1: Have a really strong bond with that you probably might feel like you could talk to them about whatever, or you feel like they're always there for you. You know, they always a phone call away, or you can go hang with them whenever you're going through things, Like I think it's good to have those type of relationships, Like I'm wondering if it really is codependency or.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Obviously, it's some point to where it's becoming unhealthy, because what you're talking about is just being a friend and being there. I think a little codependency comes when it's becoming overbearing for one person and they can't be there for you if they they're not all the way there or what they have going on. That's why I said for me and my friends, I do have some friends that they are codependent a lot with their community. So I have let them know, Hey, I don't mind being there for you, but like I said, sometimes when you call me, you got a lot going on, just check in with me. Hey, Lex do you have the capacity to talk about this today? I think it's okay to draw boundaries with your friends because people think that drawing boundaries means I'm being mean and I don't want you next to me.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like, let's make sure that we are both in the mind frame to talk or have these conversations. So I think what y'all need to do is draw healthy boundaries. So maybe that's something y'all need to practice. Hey, friend, can you talk today?
Speaker 2: Are you in the mental capacity to talk today?
Speaker 3: Because I got this, I got something going on I want to talk to you about. But if you're not in the headspace, it's okay. Yeah, So just create healthy boundaries. I think a lot of times people look at boundaries like, oh, they're being mean, they don't want to talk. But we all got shit going on. So let's just be more respectful respe let's have more respect for other people's mental space. So I don't know if that's exactly the issue, but that's something that I've done in my personal other friendships.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I don't think we.
Speaker 3: Mean me and you have ever had that problem, but I think anything is worth talking about. We can say that any issue that we've ever had in the past, we always just be like, okay, friend, what's up.
Speaker 2: We've been to talk it out.
Speaker 3: No matter how avoidant somebody is, you got to put it on the flow.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yeah, I think y'all just need to have a healthy conversation because whoever is feeling that way, or if y'all are both feeling that way, there's a way to, like Lenke said, set healthy boundary. So y'all just need to have a good conversation and figure out what works best for y'all's relationship because you don't want to, you know, start feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like y'all love each other whatever, So yeah, y'all love each other, you know what I'm saying. All Right, y'all, make sure y'all tune in to Travel Queens on be et Her available on other platforms the next day.
Speaker 2: Check that out, Love Lexp.
Speaker 3: New episodes drop every Monday on my YouTube channel Lexp at ten am.
Speaker 1: Yes, make sure y'all follow my YouTube channel dre and a Call with three e's. I drop blogs weekly and I also drop like, you know, beauty content, chit chats, life advice, all of that good stuff. So yeah, make sure y'all subscribe to my YouTube channel and shop musbautycollection dot com.
Speaker 3: Period hashtag Trouble Queens BT and we'll see y'all next week. By y'all, y'all, make sure y'all share the content like, subscribe, follow all that good stuff. And let me say this before we close off, y'all, there is one Twitter account that is connected to poor Minds. It's pou are Underscore m my nds, y'all are tagging the wrong poor minds page. If you see at poor minds with no underscore, that is at fake page, do not follow that page. Okay, they block me Andrea and the poor Minds page on both. So we only have one Instagram, one Twitter, one TikTok it is p o.
Speaker 2: You are underscore in my.
Speaker 1: Nds, all right, and we gotta hell a fake Facebook page on the Facebook page. It's our face. The crazy thing is our Facebook page actually have the least amount of follow So if you're on Facebook, one that's ours got the least amount.
Speaker 3: Of but one that's not us it's got like two hundred and fifty make if you actually look at the content, because the caption is like whoever it is, don't speak English, because their captures.
Speaker 1: Are like bumba claude, should men? Should men pay bill? Should men pay bill?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Check answer below block block.
Speaker 1: Pull pull off, Like that's literally with the captions. I'm like, what that DG is? Bumba claude, bumba claud.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm hitting one more time for hit it for.
Speaker 1: On whoa hmmmmmmmm bag lady.
Speaker 5: Dragging all them bags like that, I guess nobody ever told you how you mon sold on to is you?
Speaker 1: Is you?
Speaker 3: Is your?
Speaker 7: One day all them bags gonna get it in your way.
Speaker 1: One day, all them bags gonna get in your way.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: One day, all them bags gonna get in your way.
Speaker 5: One day, all them bags gonna get in your way.
Speaker 1: So paylight.
Speaker 2: Who who bag lady?
Speaker 1: You gonna miss your bus. You can't hurry up because you don't got.
Speaker 2: Too much stuff.
Speaker 3: When when they see you come in, nigga say God, briennay from you issue. Oh yes, say dude.
Speaker 2: One day he gonna.
Speaker 7: Say you crowd in my space. One day he gonna say you crowded in my space. One day he gonna say you crowd in my space. One day he gonna say you crowd in my space.
Speaker 3: So peg lighte yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, girl. I know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's hard.
Speaker 3: We can't let go o.
Speaker 2: Some much Oh so.
Speaker 7: Bad inside you came to night.
Speaker 2: You can't stop crying. Say oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bag lady, back back, back back lady, That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm talking about. Hey, now we should have break it down real good.
Speaker 3: Let's find him.
Speaker 2: Let's fine. Now were my grocery bag? Lady?
Speaker 3: What about that grocery bag lady.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to about Gucci. Bag lady. What about my paper sackle?
Speaker 2: Hey day? What about my dickle bag?
Speaker 3: I can lay that.
Speaker 1: With the O your back of Mama. Yeah, he shout out to my bag laddy. Bitches out there, you got a bag, that's.
Speaker 2: All right, bitch.
Speaker 1: Don't let that nigga play you because you got a bag, Beach.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm a bag lady. I'm a bag laddy. You know what I got.
Speaker 1: I got that big bag. No, yeah, fuck with me.
Speaker 3: Y'all need to let that bag go.
Speaker 4: No,