Speaker 1: Second date.
Speaker 2: Updated dating in today's world feels like a big competition to see who has the best looking profile with the most compelling bio and the least corny pickup lines. I mean, it's tough to find a real authentic love connection now, and that's why it's no surprise most of our listeners who fail to get a second date turned to inflated date.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to go into what that is.
Speaker 3: I thought it was inflation at first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is a one hundred percent success rate with inflated date. I just I hope that our new friend Nathan doesn't go down.
Speaker 3: That way as long as no needles or sharp objects.
Speaker 2: Or welcome to the show to tell them what's in your Amazon cart right now? And it better not come with a small hand pump. Nathan, you're with your inflated date right now.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to up.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm all good. I can okay.
Speaker 5: Later, just imagine flying around.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get back to her first. Tell us about the real lady that you connected with the other day.
Speaker 1: What's her name?
Speaker 4: So I met this beautiful girl on hinge.
Speaker 1: Her name.
Speaker 4: Her name is Jessica.
Speaker 3: Jessica. Okay, what'd you like about her?
Speaker 4: You know, really everything. But let me stop in the beginning. Let's stark how how we met?
Speaker 1: Okay, there more hinge.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 1: Her on Hinge go back farther started typing in bios.
Speaker 4: So basically how it all started was, uh, I left a comment on one of her pictures. She was wearing these boots and it made me think of Reno nine one one, So I just sent new boots too.
Speaker 3: Boo goofin we love. Nobody's heard that joke, but I still like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just google goofing. It's great.
Speaker 3: You're talking about funny.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, doesn't that show at twenty years old?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: Clip is still I caught it and I've seen like TikTok and Instagram. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people use it when they boot goofin.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys are missing out, bro, It's funny to somebody out there, hysterical.
Speaker 1: Millions of people are laughing right now, Okay, jealous, just no one in this room. But so Jessica liked that she liked the new boot.
Speaker 4: Did you laughed? Like common?
Speaker 1: Excuse me, butcher the hilarious job.
Speaker 4: They bonded over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good that's good. Take my cynicism away. And it sounds like you guys have a good connection.
Speaker 1: Tell me more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so, uh we end up meeting up course.
Speaker 3: Did she wear the boots when you first hear her?
Speaker 4: No, not wear the boots, but she was wearing these sunglasses and uh, fuzzy Russian hat fuzzy right when? Yeah? Yeah? And do you look with your Russian spy Russian spy.
Speaker 3: Like no, not like a hotter elmer fudd hat. It's like a stovepipe hat without the brim.
Speaker 1: Okay, So and you like that?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's got her own style.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we talked about music. At first. It was going for a walk and a record player.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she's like vintage. She likes vintage stuff exactly.
Speaker 4: So obviously I'm thinking, let's let's go to a record store.
Speaker 1: Good idea. All right?
Speaker 2: What was it like going to a record store with a real girl instead of an inflatable line?
Speaker 1: Is it a good time?
Speaker 3: He didn't have to turn.
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just messing with you. Telling me what were some highlights from the record store?
Speaker 4: Well, I picked an album for her Okay, what'd you pick the Batman Forever soundtrack from ninety five?
Speaker 3: Interesting? Is that the one with Jack Nicholson as the Joker again with.
Speaker 1: The thirty year old references?
Speaker 3: If she's like was the penguin?
Speaker 4: Remember it?
Speaker 1: I don't think I was alive in ninety five.
Speaker 3: You were alive in ninety five, Jeff, Okay, Alexis wasn't.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I've been a dead inside since my birth, So I don't know. Did she approve of Batman Forever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she liked it. She liked it, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And it's nice to buy a little gift on their date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's just a little gift. There's nothing, nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: Right, So what happened after the record store?
Speaker 4: So after a record store, we went to a candy store.
Speaker 3: Oh the stores. Okay, you feel a little bit like a teenage date from sixty two.
Speaker 1: And then we were roller skating.
Speaker 4: And we got a bunch of lollipuffs.
Speaker 3: That's like the worst candy in there. There's like a million things.
Speaker 4: Are you no, No, I'm telling you. I was nervous. I was really nervous.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: It was like when I was at the candy store, we had I have for different types of candies in my hands, and I dropped a few of them on the ground. And what you know, she asked me if I was nervous and if I'm feeling.
Speaker 3: Okay, what'd you says?
Speaker 4: I just said, yeah, I'm doing good. You know, I'm just excited to be here with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were just like high.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the date didn't go like maybe the way you hoped that it would go in your mind, That's what I'm trying to say, or how anybody's date would ever want to go in their minds too.
Speaker 1: But you made the best of it. I mean she didn't seem mad though or anything.
Speaker 4: No, she doesn't seem mad, but it kind of I did abruptly she thought she had plans to go out with friends at night.
Speaker 1: So so it seems like your intentions were there.
Speaker 3: It just sounds like the nerves, the nerves got the best of you. There it is, Yeah, and it just was maybe a turn off, do you think for her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it has to because she's not responding like she was before. How long has it been It's bit about a week? Okay, hmm.
Speaker 1: Did she at least take home the Batman album she did. Okay, there you go. That's one small victory.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try and get a couple more and hopefully another date. Get the pump ready just in case we don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're gonna do it. I get your second date update right after this second date update.
Speaker 2: While we were waiting, I looked up the Batman Forever soundtrack from nineteen ninety five, and the main title on there is Kiss from a Rose from the artist Seal.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was when he was married to Heidi Klum in the day.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: When I play this song, Brooke and you hear it, what does it make you think of from your life?
Speaker 1: What flashback are you having right now?
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm a tutor high dance all over again.
Speaker 1: Oh which teacher? Are you slow dancing?
Speaker 3: Mister Bolt? Obviously? Yeah, exactly like those History boys.
Speaker 2: This song makes me think of my underwear, my blue Batman on these from when I was six. In fact, I'm sure as we speak, my mom is going to be sending pictures of me wearing them to all your Facebook messengers because she loves listening to this and embarrassing me wherever and whenever she chat.
Speaker 3: And she's the only one talking, she's really going to get us flat.
Speaker 2: But I bring up Batman Forever because Nathan bought his date the Batman Forever soundtrack while they were at the record store before they went and hit up the candy store to get some lollipops. But what what is it about Jessica that made you want to email us today, Nathan? What what is so special about her?
Speaker 4: You know sometimes you just feel like some was the one whoa.
Speaker 3: I thought You're just going to say, like she was super attractive, like the chemistry.
Speaker 4: I built a lot of threes than fours. But she's the number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe maybe mister Holt thought you were the one.
Speaker 3: Mister could have me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for legal reasons. Enough looking back into the past.
Speaker 2: Let's move forward into the future and hopefully get you another date here with Jessica.
Speaker 1: I'm in a dollar number right now.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey is this Jessica? Yes, Hey Jessica, she answered, Hi, It's meant to be or maybe I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: What is this about?
Speaker 2: This is about love today? Because you're on a radio show right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Why okay up, Oh I like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're go with the flow type of woman.
Speaker 4: It sounds like I try, I try.
Speaker 2: Well, we're reaching out on behalf of one of our listeners who you hung out with the other day about a week ago.
Speaker 1: His name is Nathan.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought I made one something? Okay what?
Speaker 3: Oh you thought you wanted something? So you were the one not you won?
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Nathan?
Speaker 4: He seems like a nice enough guy, but not for me. There was some strangeness happening there. So was it?
Speaker 3: He said he was super nervous, and that would be okay, but.
Speaker 4: Like that's not the part that kind of concerned me where I just left. Oh yeah, because so you didn't.
Speaker 1: Have plans with your friends like you told him.
Speaker 3: No one ever actually has plans with their friends.
Speaker 4: Sometimes that's just.
Speaker 2: The emergency exit that and like, yeah, okay, well that's disappointing to hear, but it's okay. Like, if you're not interested in him, that's totally up to you to feel that way. But maybe you could help Nathan understand if he made any mistakes that night, or if there's anything he could do better the dating.
Speaker 4: World, right, Yeah, I mean it was a nice state. Like we went to a record store and he bought me the Batman album, which was like really sweet of him. But then he says to me, sometimes I think this city is like Gossam descending into darkness.
Speaker 3: When he handed you the album, he was like tan, yeah, like he.
Speaker 4: Was the Batman. And then way it gets worse, and then he brings up that sometimes he likes to drive around by himself at night and call the cops on people who are breaking the law.
Speaker 3: Oh who does he break the law? Did? I'm just curious, Like.
Speaker 4: He didn't super elaborate, and I was so shocked. I was just kind of like, oh, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you're you're pro crime, you don't want.
Speaker 4: You want to No, I just don't really picture like the man in my life zooming around the city at two am, catching the guys.
Speaker 3: The sign set their clothes. Okay, okay, wait, this could have been a joke that didn't hit right.
Speaker 4: Maybe he was a little too comic con like, and I leave then like I kept going, I said, Okay, So then we went to the.
Speaker 2: Store and oh yeah, I mean he mentioned that you guys went to a candy store and were thinking about buying some lollipops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the straw that just ended it. It was like there were five lollipops and he's like, oh, this is how many kids we would be having. What, Oh, that's not first date energy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just really hoping.
Speaker 2: He was trying to be funny because he is on the other line listening, wanting to talk to.
Speaker 1: You, lurking in the dark on the dark phone.
Speaker 4: Are you there? Hello? Hi, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 3: That was some truth, Nathan.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean I like to do that. I like to make sure the city is staye Wait what Okay, you actually do.
Speaker 3: You actually drive around at night and call the cops on people.
Speaker 4: It's not every night, but you know they need help. They're understaff. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: Okay, who do you call the cops on?
Speaker 4: You know, like the other day, I saw like some guy that looked like he was drinking and called his cars, so I called the cops on him.
Speaker 3: How could you tell that.
Speaker 4: It was a glass bottle? It was a school nearby. You know, I had to do my due diligence.
Speaker 1: So you really do that.
Speaker 2: We we thought maybe you were joking, just in light of buying the Batman soundtrack, but that's a real thing you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a real thing, and it's not as weird as it sounds. It's actually very helpful.
Speaker 1: Neighborhood watches changed a lot since I.
Speaker 4: Was a kid.
Speaker 2: One of the book calls the cops on the kids in her neighborhood. But at least she's doing it during the daytime.
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 3: It just sounds like maybe that's more of a nuisance to them than anything.
Speaker 4: But they never told me that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I mean it is kind of brave to go out put yourself in the middle of crime. Well he's not. He's not really putting himself. He's just calling the cops on the criminals he's parking adjacent to.
Speaker 3: It's like dating a hall monitor, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: What I'm here. This is weird that you think it's a red flag. It's not bad what I'm doing, sweetie. It's like a carnival of flags, a carnible flags.
Speaker 1: I know, it sounds like a good time.
Speaker 4: Actually, you know, all I care about is safety, and that's not a weird thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, if we've learned anything about from talking to women on the show, it's that they usually like more dangerous men.
Speaker 1: They're not really into the safe bet.
Speaker 3: That's just their actual job.
Speaker 4: Not like.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, Like have you considered like trying to be a cop.
Speaker 4: It's a little too dangerous for me. I'd better just stay back and call him on my cell phone, you know.
Speaker 5: Okays might be the next best step. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all have a job to do, and you know that's my job.
Speaker 3: It's not your job.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: He has five future kids that he has to take care of.
Speaker 3: I've gotten to why would you bring that up on a date? Were you trying to?
Speaker 4: Well, one, am I not supposed to talk about my expectations for the future family.
Speaker 3: I mean, wait until.
Speaker 5: Somebody asks yea, yeah, I can see where you're going wrong because in your head, you're protecting your community.
Speaker 4: You're a family man that shoving up your don't know. No, you're telling me everything I want is wrong. You know. All I want to do is communicate what I want for my future family.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: He's also very open to criticism.
Speaker 2: Would just take a breath, Okay, Nathan, just slow down a little bit. We're not coming after you or your your dating style. That it just doesn't seem to be working with what Jessica wants out of her.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So Jessica wants a giant, and if she.
Speaker 1: Does, that's totally okay. That's her decision to date that spineless man.
Speaker 3: Dude, you are so right on the Carnival of Flags.
Speaker 1: Just thank you, thank you. Well, we'd like to send you back to the carnival and we pay for it on another date.
Speaker 4: Me feel so much better about everything.
Speaker 2: Like faces, you go on a midnight ride along in a cop car and we'll pay for a car car.
Speaker 1: We'll give him a little flashy light, yeah, to put on top of it.
Speaker 4: I'm not interested. I'm not interested anymore. Okay making fun of me?
Speaker 3: You called the wrong show. I don't know what that's what.
Speaker 1: Let's not infuriate the man who calls the cops on everybody.
Speaker 4: We like you.
Speaker 1: I like you at least all right, Nathan.
Speaker 4: All right, I know where your studio is located.
Speaker 2: If you're going to keep someone's car, Key Brooks, it's an electric Kia, so.
Speaker 1: Get hers.
Speaker 4: It's brook and Jeffrey in the morning,