Speaker 1: Welcome to this League Uncut.
Speaker 2: In the rule of.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hour NBA News.
Speaker 4: This you'll.
Speaker 1: Chris Haynes. It's so time, Mark Stein, it's some time. This League Uncut is underway and on fire. This should be a good one.
Speaker 5: Welcome in everyone to the latest edition of this League Uncut. Mark Stein and Chris Haynes together again, first time in twenty twenty four, and joined today by our first guest of twenty twenty four. He is a rookie, but you've surely heard a lot about him already. If you follow the Golden State Warriors, think you can expect to see him next month in Indianapolis at All Star Weekend and the Friday night game that features first and second year players. Such has been his immediate impact with his new team, and the best part of all on my scorecard, he's a southpaw, a fellow lefty. We will be talking about that for sure. Brandon Pazemski of the Warriors, Welcome to this league un Cut, and please tell me that I at least came close with the pronunciation of your name.
Speaker 6: Did I and the ballpark? Did you did a good Yes?
Speaker 3: Well I cheated.
Speaker 5: Ray Rider told me just say gem in the middle and you'll get you'll be close. When the season started, you and Trace Jackson Davis, I think the expectation was that both of you guys would be spending a fair amount of time in Santa Cruz. And now here we are and you're both rotation players. How did how did you guys change things so quickly?
Speaker 7: Well, some of it comes down to, you know, injury suspensions, stuff like that, but I think through camp me and him kind of talked to them. We kind of felt like, you know, we could have a spot on this team just from the different things that we brought that maybe we didn't have on the floor. But like like you said, we spent some time in Santa Cruz, did our thing therein I think are off the court things that we brought to the table allowed us to be with the team more often. And then you know, through being with the team, guys who set out sometimes just getting that opportunity, and then we did just kind of taking full advantage of it.
Speaker 2: Uh, Brian, I want you to I want to take people behind the scenes and kind of go back a little bit.
Speaker 4: Uh your college careers.
Speaker 2: You came into the league a little unorthodox path on how you got here? Uh, you started off at Illinois before transferring to Santa Clair, play in one year at Santa Clair and in in the draft and becoming a first round pick. That doesn't happen too often, go from a high major to a mid major. Can you walk me through? I know you probably talked about it before, but can you walk walk our listeners through why you are elected to transfer? I know you didn't get much run, you didn't get much burn your freshman year at Illinois. Can he walked me through that process, because ultimately it looked like it was ended up being a great decision for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think obviously the big part of it wasn't playing the freshman year and not wanting to come back, and you know, not having a so called guarantee that I was going to play my sophomore either, And that just means in terms of a draft stock, that I'm a year older and I just wanted to play in the system that was more NBA typical and I feel like Big ten basketball isn't really that, and I still don't think it is now. And so the WCC I think was a perfect spot for me, just because the amount of pro players that they get the underrated pro players that they get, and they all play fast tempo.
Speaker 6: What's what the NBA is today?
Speaker 2: Can you go back on that on the big team, what do you see like, explain like their offense, Explain their structure. Why you felt like it wasn't conducive to uh, you know, being able to hit the NBA path.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you look at a lot of those teams.
Speaker 7: They're really good in the half court p doing specific I mean even now today with Zach Edy, they're really good in half court offense, and it's just slow. You look at guys like Hunter Dickinson, Zach Edy, Kofi Kobur and my teammate at Illinois, all those guys that are like all Americans in college, but it is kind of hard for them to translate their skills to the NBA level. You know, obviously you got the eye man's out like the j Navies, the Sumus guys like that, the guys from Michigan State because they play fast. But I just felt like I didn't want to, you know, be in the corner as much as I was at Illinois, and I wanted the ball in my hands a little bit more to show what I could do.
Speaker 5: I've heard in other interviews you've given where you said that this time of year ago you weren't on draft boards at all.
Speaker 3: I am not a draft guy.
Speaker 5: I am fully focused on the day to day in the NBA, and I've been saying for years that to cover the draft properly now you really need to be fully focused on the draft because that in itself has become like a twenty four to seven, three sixty five gig. But you you really weren't on draft boards a year ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Actually around this time, probably like mid January, is when I first saw my name on the draft board, and I think it was like forty six or forty seven. But you know, when I send out that tweet last month, I think I wasn't on any and honestly, going into Santa Clara and my goal was to play two years there and kind of do what Jaylen Williams did come out after your junior year, and you know, try to be a lottery pick, which I still think if I went back this year, I would be allowed to pick this year. But yeah, that was my plan. I didn't have any people on their draft boards, but you know, I just fought through it. And controlled what I could control.
Speaker 5: So when you're in that situation and you obviously have NBA aspirations, how often do you look at the draft boards? And how do you not let it discourage you if what you're seeing is not what you want to see?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: I look all the time, just you know, a little bit more motivation to see my name on there, and if it's not as high as I want it to be, even more motivation. And just seeing the guys that I was behind going into the draft process and to see where I am now playing and which guys are actually even playing. I think, you know, I've always had that full belief in myself that you know, I'd be a top five rookie in this draft class.
Speaker 5: And then if we rewind a year and then fast forward six months, now you're a Santa Clara kid drafted by the Warriors on Draft night? Going into the draft, what were you being told? What were your expectations that night? Where did you think you were going to land?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I knew I wasn't going to fall past Brooklyn. I had a really good work out with them, and they had picks twenty one and twenty two, So I wish I was gonna go there. Atlanta really liked me Toronto, so I knew it could have been as high as thirteen at Toronto and as far back as twenty two. So just anywhere in that range. I know, uh, Sposa and Steve talked like about our picks. If of Miami would have chose me, they would have chose how may so really anywhere, it didn't really matter. It was just a matter of opportunity and best fit for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was told, you know, V I was told it was around summer league for you guys. You guys, I think you guys had just finished a I don't know if it was a walkthrough, maybe a summer league practice in Vegas, and Chris Paul and Stephen Curry were there, and I was told like after one of those workouts. Again, I don't know if if it was a summer league practice or walk through, but you stayed around to watch those guys.
Speaker 4: Why why was that?
Speaker 7: Well, just looking past summer league, it was just kind of like, these are the guys that I want to be around. These are the guys that I'm going to be around, and if I want to play, these are the guys that we'll be playing with and just to see their habits, their routine, even just that one time, I think it was after one of our shoot arounds because we had a game later that night. Uh, just to see their habits and stuff like that. I think it was super important and it's super important to kind of start that relationship early in July. So yeah, I thought it was. It was something I needed to do, something that I'm always willing to do, something I do. You know, every day when Steph forms out before the game, I'm always out there watching them.
Speaker 6: So I just think it's important.
Speaker 7: To you know, if you want to be the best, you gotta you gotta seek out, seek out the best.
Speaker 2: You know, we're insiders here, so we're paid to, you know, to get to uh get some information, get get some entail about what's going on behind the scenes. I was also told that you talk about always wanting to uh pick their brain and try to try to see where you fit with those guys. You guys play ones a lot. Uh. I was told that you one for ones everybody. I believe that's the one on one games and everything that's that involved this. This particular Ones game I think involved Steph Chris Paul think maybe all of them, so you already know what I'm talking about, all of them. I heard I heard you got one. I heard you got one. I think this was a mini cap. Explain explain what happened. I heard it was like a hook shot, the last look shot. Can you explain that? That that game right there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So we were in LA. We had a little players only mini camp.
Speaker 7: We're at u C l A and we had just got down playing fives and I think everybody but the bigs so maybe Trace, Loon, Dario and Draymond didn't play, and everybody else about eight or nine of us and we played seven spots and it was kind of like first of two wins. And yeah, I hit him with the hook shot for game. I make sure everybody knew about it.
Speaker 2: That's what I heard about it. Heard he had a fist pump and everything. Who was that game? Who's that game with a shotow?
Speaker 6: I think it might have been Gary Payton.
Speaker 4: I think okay, GP two GP two.
Speaker 2: I bring that up because I think everybody they see the fire in the passing that you play with and uh, you know, when I heard that story, I'm like, Okay, you know his Teammateshi get it too, you know, so you know, I think that resonated with a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Oh how did you get a locker next to Steph? I haven't been to Chase Center in a long time, but I was told that your locker stall is right beside number thirties.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think maybe just lucky to draw.
Speaker 7: Obviously we had just traded uh Patrick Baldwin. I think that was his locker before me, and kind of just replaced that I could have been where. I didn't really get a choice. I just walked in. I saw my name next to him, and I was like, it's pretty fitting.
Speaker 5: So you love those big media crowds that probably invade your space?
Speaker 3: Or is Steph?
Speaker 5: Maybe Steph is doing completely podium now so you don't have us media.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he does a good job, but I'm kind of giving us our space mostly on the podium now. But it's definitely a pleasure to have him around just to I don't have to walk across the locker room to ask him something.
Speaker 6: He's just right there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, So who on the team would be described, Who of the veterans who would say that's my rook.
Speaker 7: Probably Steph early on It was definitely Draymond for sure. Try to pick it as many things I could from him and Gary defensively, and I think I've improved vastly since Summer League on the defensive end, and then you know Stephan CP obviously my position, just learning the ins and outs of the NBA game, just little things that maybe you know, traditional rookies don't think about three for twos, two for ones, knowing time and score, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: So I won't say anybody in particular.
Speaker 7: They've all done a good job of letting me know about the NBA life, Brun.
Speaker 2: I think one thing about what sticks out about you obviously your play. You seem like you're always at the right place at the right time, hit timely shots. You can play with anybody, but this is a Golden State Warriors nucleus that has been successful for a long time. And to have you inserted into the starting lineup and still playing at a high level, I think that just speaks volumes to what you've been able to do to this point. But I want you to take me back, be take me back to the day where you were told that you were going to be the starter. Can you can you like, give us a story on I don't know you woke up that day, did you have any inkland?
Speaker 4: Did you know? Did it hit you as a surprise? Was this a meeting? Can you just take us behind the scenes on how that all came about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it was after the Phoenix game where Dre got suspended, and obviously before he got suspended, we were playing pretty bad and halftime at the Phoenix game, Steve was like, we're gonna switch it up. At halftime, I'm starting to I think it was me, Clay, Steph, Dre, and maybe Jonathan and that group was working. Obviously what happened with Draymond happened with Draymond. We end up losing, so we fly from Phoenix to La. We have a meet in the next morning after they release about Dre's suspension, and they said we're gonna try to change a different lineup. Then it was me, Steph, Clay, JK, and Lon and that was really it. Obviously, you know, we're sadden because we don't have Dre out there and he's a big part of what we do. And that's kind of how I found out. Started the next game in La Brooklyn, Portland and so on. And just trying to do my partner. I think a misconception about me is that, like during Summer League, it wasn't so much like I was playing bad. It was me trying to, you know, show the coaches and the gms in the front office how I could fit with guys like Steph and Clay. And obviously, when you play in Summer League, you don't play with guys of that level. So I think instead of trying to, like, you know, get thirty points here and whatever the case is, in the summer League, I tried to show, you know that I could play with them. I could play in the system where the ball moves, I screened all that kind of stuff and do all the little things. And obviously I didn't shoot the best, but you know now I'm leading the team in three point percentage.
Speaker 6: As ironic as that might.
Speaker 4: Be, that's crazy on the team with Steph.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's obviously a lot of time between Summer League and training camp. How did you not let summer League and maybe it didn't go exactly the way you wanted it to.
Speaker 3: How did you not let that mess with you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think the law of averages work out. I mean in summer League was a sample size of six games. Over the course of thirty two to thirty three college games, I shot forty four percent almost, so I know it wasn't going to be that much of a difference. And a lot of my threes I took in college were from NBA range, so I knew I could do it. It was just, you know, just keep putting the time and working. Steph did a good job of, you know, inviting me to workouts, just little things here and there that I could be a part of to get better throughout the summer, and you know, going into camp, I fairly confident of what I was supposed to do for the team, and I think since Camp I've been doing a great job of it.
Speaker 5: But this I think it's fair to say, has been an up and down, a rough start to the season for a team that is used to playing for championships. So to be a rookie thrown into this situation with all the expectations, and you know, obviously it's a daily source of conversation. How much help is Stephan Curry getting. Steph is almost thirty six and it's still playing at such a high level. What is it like to manage that pressure and step right in and be expected to deliver right away.
Speaker 7: I don't think there's any pressure obviously. You guys know that I have the most confidence in myself out of anybody. You know, I know what I can do, and I know what I'm not as good at, and I try to stay away from things I'm not as good at. But I also know who I'm on the floor with, which makes it a lot easier for me. But you know, I think each and every one of us, including Steph, you know, take pride and you know, contributing to winning. And you know, we all see when people's like, oh, Steph has no help this and that, and we you know, like's a fire under our bus sometimes too, Like you know, we're here to contribute as well, and we can. And I think, you know, over the course of the last ten games, we might think are about six and four. You know, everybody's kind of stepped it up a little bit and Dre's absence, and I think yesterday's game was a testament of you know, everybody contributing. I think we had seven or eight guys in double figures, and you know, we're all have to do our part and it's not just going to be on step shoulders to you know, well's to victories every night.
Speaker 5: You mentioned your confidence, and Draymond Green I think has publicly lauded you for your confidence. Where does it come from? Where does where does the confidence come in to? Kind of I know you don't carry yourself like a rookie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just think for me, just you know, trying to show everybody that you know, I do belong and you can't belong and can't get props from everybody else if you don't believe that yourself. And you know, growing up, you know, grew up in the African American community, so just learning to hoop with those guys, holding my own and you know, trying to fit in honestly, uh, kind of built that confidence. And parents did a good job of, you know, not letting me win anything growing up, whether it was baseball, football, basket or anything like that. Never let me win, and so that kind of build my competitiveness. And then you know, when you always want to win us something and you keep progressing, I think that builds confidence.
Speaker 4: Bran.
Speaker 2: That was my next question right there, you got ahead of me, Man, I was going to ask you about that it seems like, you know, you talked to Gordon Hayward or Tyler Hero, Kevin Love and they all talked about being tested by the brothers, playing this game and having to prove something. Did you have a similar path or even still to this day, have you found in the NBA where players are still probably not taking you lightly or just testing you, trying to see if you really really got it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it just honestly just comes with it, and sometimes you don't really got a choice. So for me, honestly, you know, I see a lot of guys like Tyler when he first got into the league, or like Austin Reeves, how they try to test him on defense right away. And I wanted to make sure that, you know, I was known as someone that holds the on on defense right away from the jumping and try to be super impactful. And you know, you look at now, a lot of times they don't really go at me on the floor no more, because you know, I'm willing to take that challenge. I'm willing to guard the James Harden and Jamal Murray's, you know, all those type of players, and.
Speaker 6: You know I take pride in that.
Speaker 7: And so when teams see that, like they try to stay away out I guess now, but I just wanted to make it a point from the jump that that I'm willing to play defense.
Speaker 4: Did you did you you take it as disrespect that they try to? I love this style.
Speaker 2: I love it, man, And that's what I'm talking about, being like when you look at you look a look at it. Look at the plays he makes and how he gets guys you know, fired up. You don't see that from rookies. So that's why I'm knowing. I'm like, he was around some brothers coming up, you know what I'm saying. Like he was, he was. You can see, you can see it in the man. And I wouldn't ask you real quick, like what did it teach you? You know, growing up in the African American neighborhood of community, What did it teach you? You know, sports wise, life or whatever? What what did you get out of it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think from a life perspective, first, it was just like everybody comes from a different background, a different story, and people do things kind of based off how they were raised and to be a part of, you know, a white family, but also grow up around you know, African American families. You got kind of get to see both sides of what the difference is, what the similarities are. And I think, you know, in from basketball perspective, it just told you how tough you got to be because.
Speaker 6: They don't care. You know, a lot of times they probably just think you're sweet.
Speaker 7: You just can shoot, And I kind of want to change that narrative that you know, I can be all around player too.
Speaker 6: I can contribute off fastest to the game just like they can.
Speaker 7: And I think it's what's got me here and I think it's what's gonna help me stay.
Speaker 5: Do people like the Warriors in Milwaukee because obviously Loun before you and Jordan Poole, and obviously you're there now, like a lot of Milwaukee stars have ended up in Golden State here in the recent times. So what do people think about the Warriors where you're from.
Speaker 7: I think I think the Warriors are really a global favorite by default, just because of the past, the history of winning. I think everywhere except maybe Sacramento in LA are all Warriors fans to a default. But I know a lot of people back home because of me, Loun, Jordan and Patrick. You obviously got a bunch of coaches from our staff from Milwaukee as well. But I just think just the dominance they've had over the last ten years, it's kind of made people a fan by default. A lot of people back home, you know, try to run their offense like Golden State just because it's predicated and a ball movement and not just driven them there out the ball. So just kind of by default, everybody's a fan of Golden State.
Speaker 5: So if we had met you at fifteen or sixteen and asked you, are you a Bucks fan or a Warriors fan? What would you have What would you have read?
Speaker 6: I would have said, I'm a Heat fan.
Speaker 7: Me and me and Tyler grew up in the same city in Greenfield together. He's obviously four years older than me, but once he got drafted to the Heat, I just felt like we were the same kind of athletically, size wise play style. So I kind of just try to follow what he did in terms of his development, and I think obviously he won six Man of the Year ready could potentially be an All Star soon. So just growing up in the same city seeing.
Speaker 8: Him make it, you know, gave me the most conferences that Hart can make it too, So shout out to him.
Speaker 2: You mentioned you you looked at draft boards when you were coming out of college. Uh, do you, as of right now, even though you're excelling, does it still bother you about some of the guys that were picked ahead of you? Percent I'm saying I could put you on the spot. I was about to ask you, don't answer this. I was just about to ask you, d K you do you know the guys on top of your head that were that were picked?
Speaker 4: Oh? You do? Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: Where do you feel like, because you said next year if you would have if you would have stayed in college, you would have been a lot to repick for sure, Where do you feel like you should have went? What do you feel like your reign should have been?
Speaker 6: See, it's kind of tough to say.
Speaker 7: I think if you look at this year's draft, it's more of, Yeah, you want to go to the highest number and make more money, but at the same time, you want to go to a spot where you're gonna have opportunity. And I think Golden State fits me and I fit them perfectly. So like if I were to go to, you know, a top five pick team and I could play out of minutes, but we're not winning. I think that kind of as made as well as it may look like my numbers are up and all this and that, I think it kind of prevents my development in the sense of how to win in the NBA. And I think right now I'm kind of getting the best of both worlds of veteran team have won four championships and I'm getting to play, so I'm learning how to win while I'm playing, And I think you guys will see that in the coming years kind of when you know, you know, Stephen Dray and Clay and CP they what five six more years left in the tank and then after that, it's kind of like the young guys kind of got to take their lead and run with it. So for me to be here in Golden State, I think it's a perfect spot for me. Obviously, you want to go as high as you can as a player, but it's also about fit because a lot of guys that are in front of you aren't even playing right now.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes what you're doing again remarkably because a lot of rookies be they wouldn't want to be drafted in the twenties to a Golden State veteran team because they're not going to play. That's the way we look at it. You know, like I don't want to Kaminga. I know Kaminga's has had some problems trying to adjust and he's finally getting his turn now. But you know, had he if he was drafted by a lottery team, he's playing right away. And I know for a lot of guys that that's that's a struggle for For you mentally, you just always had the confidence that you would crack it. Like did you go in thinking like, Okay, I'm prepared to sit a year or two because you know, all you have to do is look at he's saying no already started, hold on b before you asked that, hold on be old. Look at Kaminga. Look how many years it took him. Look at what happened to Wiseman didn't play. You didn't look at those other rookies and sayment man, they are not getting on the court with this team. You still just felt like you would crack it.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean if I was going to play in the NBA, and I felt like if I wasn't ready, I just would have went back to school again and just kind of based on feedback I got through the process of working out with teams, interviewing with teams that I was going to be in that ten to twenty five range. And for me coming into Golden State, I just I think my best agibus I just know basketball, and if you know basketball, especially with Golden State, you know you're gonna find you on to the floor. And I think big questions my playing defense, all that kind of stuff, and I think I've kind of quieted that noise. And if you know basketball, you know how to play with the team's best players.
Speaker 6: That's what a role player is.
Speaker 7: And I think for me, just trying to perfect that until it's my time to, you know, be the best player on the team.
Speaker 6: I think that's why I'm on the court.
Speaker 5: Well, I've waited long enough to get to this, but we've saved the best for last, at least what I consider the best for last. Because I want to talk to you about left handedness, one of my favorite subjects. Raymond Ridder, the world famous Raymond Ridder, who does Warriors pr. He doesn't put his notebook down long enough to read anything I write, so I'm sure he hasn't told you this but every August when International left Handers Day hits, I put out my all lefty team and there are only six spots on it. So don't be mad at me if you don't make it in year one. But you'll probably take that as a challenge.
Speaker 2: He's going to be mad at you. I don't know why you said that. He's going to be mad if you leave them.
Speaker 3: All his motivation to prove me wrong.
Speaker 5: But basically, I pick five guys and a six man and that's it. And there are usually about fifty lefties in the league every season, so only six make this team. But in what I've read about you, and I've heard some other interviews you've done, I love how much you talk about Jenobli and Harden. You clearly study other left handers. So just take us through from your seat, what are the advantages of being left handed? And just maybe share with us some of your favorite lefties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think favorite lefty in the game right now. Obviously I talk a lot about Mono, but Jalen Brunson, I think I can have a similar type career as him. Obviously he's a lot shorter than me, but just see that he does the full work creating advantages for him and his teammates. Obviously, you have Daron Sacramento, you have James Harden still in LA.
Speaker 6: But I'm actually curious who's on your list right now.
Speaker 5: So last August, when I put out the all Lefty team, and I did it, I did it like the All Star ballot. I did two in the back court, three in the front court, and then I picked a six man backcourt pretty easy, Jalen Brunson and de Aaron Fox.
Speaker 3: Front court, I had to move.
Speaker 5: I didn't have a third automatic forward, so Demontes a bonus Julius Randall were layups.
Speaker 3: And then I moved R. J.
Speaker 5: Barrett in there as kind of a swing man, so he became the third starter in the front court.
Speaker 3: And then Luke Canard was my sixth man.
Speaker 4: So Beacon correct that.
Speaker 5: Last year there was no Harden obviously, So I think Harden obviously is going to be in there this season. And so yeah, I mean it's it's it's tough competition, only six spots.
Speaker 4: But I have a suggestion. If there's you said there's about fifty lefties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually around four, usually around forty five.
Speaker 2: To fifty per seeds, just switch it to lefty team, go twelve, give twelve spots.
Speaker 3: No, I want to make it exclusive. You gotta be it's top six.
Speaker 7: If you put the top twelve lefties on a team together, you think we can win a championship.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I know that I'd be in the front row watch and I would love to see it. And there were times where the Knicks in recent years they almost had five to throw on the court altogether. What is the most lefties you've ever been on the court with at the same time, do you remember?
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe high school? Maybe two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like I think the Knicks have had times where they've had at least so who they.
Speaker 6: Have They have Barrett, Randall, Hartenstein, Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and all four of them have played. Trying to think that they have anyone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they would be in contention, for sure.
Speaker 2: We got enough for sure, Bronson, Fox, Sabonis, Randall, Barrett, Brandon, Hardenstein, Harden, I forgot about Harden, Joe Ingles, Joe Ingles for sure.
Speaker 3: Herb Jones is in there in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, said we could do it, we could do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I mean, look last year, Zion and Harden weren't on my team.
Speaker 6: Now we could do it. We could win it for sure.
Speaker 7: I mean the writings are tough too, though, I ain't gonna say that that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So so a club that sums up to around fifty guys can beat the rest of the four four hundred players, that's pretty No, that'd be a good game. That'd be a good game. I'm sorry, you gotta start that star, start the petition on that. I would want to see that all lefty squad. The NBA is always trying to come up with something.
Speaker 3: We didn't mention. Kelly Oubray Conley g P two.
Speaker 2: Bright, I put that on you. That's your teammate, man, I put that good.
Speaker 6: I mean GP, he's kind.
Speaker 7: Of like a like an inverted left, like an inverted left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you really don't think there's some lefties out there?
Speaker 2: I don't think you don't think you don't think left handed GP he fits like fits like that as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, I mean, like you said, though, probably the most you've ever played with at one time fellow lefties is just two of you. So, I mean, how weird would it be if there were four or five or five of you?
Speaker 3: Or would it you think it would be natural.
Speaker 6: I think it's I think it would be fun. Honestly.
Speaker 7: Uh, for me, I don't really like garden lefties, is that right? That may sound. I don't really like garden lefties because I've always grown up just garten right He's so you know their tennessees.
Speaker 6: But Garden Garden Harden for sure was definitely fun.
Speaker 4: So now you know how other players feel guarding you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely switch.
Speaker 5: Up because you're left handed when you have to go against a Harden or a Bruns. And do you think that gives you some sort of advantage that you can somewhat step into their head and try to anticipate where they're going.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think for most lefties, not all.
Speaker 7: Obviously, a lot of lefties like shooting off their right hand, whether it's a step back, going right, floating into their right hand into a shot, spinning over their left shoulder, so you kind of know that, and then when they go left try to get downhill or counter back to the right, so you kind of know that and stuff. But just in terms of your full work and guarding them, you haven't done it a lot, so it's a little bit different.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. Stein like you can have I played cards.
Speaker 2: I ain't played on NBA obviously, b But no matter what the coach can tell you, he's left handed. You know, his strong hand is the left and somehow most players will still mess it up and still shade them to that left side. You're just not used to it. It's tough, tough, of what it seems.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I'm glad we saved that for the end. And like I said, I wish you great success for the rest of the season. And something tells me that you will end up on that team. I can't tell you exactly when, but it is always great to see another young lefty emerge and play his way into consideration.
Speaker 3: For again, it's one of six spots.
Speaker 5: It's difficult, but I know now I've guaranteed Raymond Rider, I've guaranteed fifty phone calls.
Speaker 3: From him lobbying for you to get on there. So you do have a strong advocate in your corner.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir Bran, we appreciate you having us Man about coming on with us Man. You your treasure, pleasure and treasure and a pleasure to watch man. But equally and more impressive man just sitting here talking and shooting the shit with us. So we appreciate you, brother.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys for having me. I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 5: All right there he goes everyone, Brandon Pajemski from the Golden State Warriors. That will do it for this edition of This League Uncut. As always, please rate, review, and subscribe to the show if you haven't already. Chris and I back together again very soon, with one more episode to come this week.
Speaker 3: Talk to you then, and that'll do it for us.
Speaker 1: See you next time. This League uncutage and iHeartRadio production Chris Haynes and Mark Stein
Speaker 2: Six